PDA

View Full Version : rasangan vs. chidori

ninjitsu_master
Fri, 07-29-2005, 12:36 PM
RASENGAN VS. CHIDORI

which one do u guys think is better (stronger)?

first, the only person who could use it was the 4th right? (and ero senin)

chidori anyone fast can learn how to do it. even sasuke.

when naruto used rasengan and sasuke used chidori.....chidori somehow went through or deflected off rasengan

and went right through naruto. naruto got hurt the most while sasuke felt pain later in the episode...

no way chidori is stronger than rasengan...

RASeNGAN!!!!!!!!!

Uhhh... I'm only gonna leave this open because the last Rasengan vs. Chidori thread is very old. Have fun I guess.

GotWoot Moderator

Masamune
Fri, 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
its rasengan and second.

SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND , IT WILL NOT BITE , trust me on this one

Mite Gai
Fri, 07-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Rasengan is more powerful, but Chidori cannot technically be used by everyone since the user has to move at an extremely fast speed and without Sharingan cannot counter any attacks his opponent makes on him while he is using it. They say that in Kakashi Gaiden when he uses it for the first time.

Mut
Fri, 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm still going to go with what I've said before. I believe Chidori is a deadlier jutsu.

American Hero
Fri, 07-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi
I believe Chidori is a deadlier jutsu.

naruto-kira
Fri, 07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Sasuke VS Naruto battle...people got that confused..alot saying chidori peirced through Rasengan......its not that.....im pretty sure chidori didn't litterally win...It was Sasuke that dodged Rasengan with Sharigan. Sasuke could c Naruto movements...He dodged it...He tricked naruto when he said, "Lets make this on our final attack," knowing that his Sharigan can dodge Naruto. It was a not so smart thinking in naruto's side...but Rasengan is much more stronger... than Chidori...Rasengan has more powerful because Rasengan can increase in power,velocity...u could always mold more chakara into Rasengan....You dont need speed to complete it. Chidori it like a powerful Edge...and Rasengan is like a Bomb...

and compare this....Chidori is like jounin lv jutsu while Rasengan is a Kage Lv jutsu...
Tsunade, Orochimaru, Ero Sannin acknowledge Rasengan more than Chidori. They know its a really powerful jutsu..because it was the 4th Hokage's jutsu

and u saw the comparision of dmg made in the first fight of Naruto VS Sasuke when Kakashi stoped them both from coliding and they both hit the water tank...Rasengan is more destructive...

Jaredster
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Rasangan is like hitting somebody with a hammer.
Chidori is like stabbing somebody with a knife.

In my opinion.

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm still going to go with what I've said before. I believe Chidori is a deadlier jutsu.

Yeah, she can really kick the crap outta sousuke - poor guy.

I like Jaredster's analogy. It's simple, but it's true.
Rasengan is more powerful and has fewer flaws but the Chidori is a killer jutsu

Assertn
Sat, 07-30-2005, 01:24 AM

....what is deadlier than an attack that kills upon impact? Rasengan has been proven to do more collateral damage than chidori....but it really doesn't matter. Both attacks require close combat. Both have about an equal chance of success. Both only take out one opponent at a time. Both can instantanously kill the target.

So what's the point?

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-30-2005, 01:50 AM
What makes Rasengan so deadly? So far (not counting filler), we've seen it spin people, make dents in a tree, and blast the shit out of kabuto...but not kill him.
Chidori can peirce through anyone and anything. It's just harder to use.

Jaredster
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
What makes Rasengan so deadly? So far (not counting filler), we've seen it spin people, make dents in a tree, and blast the shit out of kabuto...but not kill him.

I think they are both just as hard to use.

American Hero
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:25 AM
I have yet to see rasengan kill anyone.

Jaredster
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by: American Hero

Or Naruto kill anyone.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Well, Rasengan was supposed to be an assasination jutsu, unfortunately it's been thrown in everywhere as Naruto's weapon and as a result, the move has just been overdone. Naruto won't kill anyone, and the only time the Rasengan looked intimidating at all was when Naruto fought Kabuto.

Assertn
Sat, 07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
yeah....you dont have to see it kill someone to know its capable of killing someone (actually it DID kill that fake akatsuki guy that posed as itachi)

Kabuto's healing ability saved him from dying to the rasengan, and probably would have saved him (and without using up as much chakra in the process) if it was a chidori used on him as well. And yeah, fillers don't count.

The difference between chidori and rasengan is a bullet and a bullet that explodes on impact.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

I think they are both just as hard to use.

I meant harder to use as in, rasengan is more versatile and manuverable. You don't have to be running 1000 mph in order to use it, and there's no blind spot.

Chidori = gun and Rasengan = grenade?

Konohamaru
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:16 PM
I think Rasengan is overall the better move. It has more properties than the chidori.

Rasengan:
- No limit other than amount of chakra
- Able to move about freely
- No blind spots
- Faster to summon up
- hits hard and fast
- no need to run at high speed

Chidori:
- Kills
- Good stealth decoy sound

Icho
Sat, 07-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Rasengan AND Chidori are two devastating killing attacks.

Difference is in the eye of the viewer.

I like Rasengan the most.

Mut
Sat, 07-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Kabuto's healing ability saved him from dying to the rasengan, and probably would have saved him (and without using up as much chakra in the process) if it was a chidori used on him as well.
What? It took Kyuubi powers to heal a hole. I doubt that Kabuto has those powers and I highly doubt that it'll take less chakra than he used to heal from rasengan.

American Hero
Sat, 07-30-2005, 08:14 PM

Or Naruto kill anyone.

What's your point? Jaraiya has used Rasengan and hasn't killed anyone with it.

We're talking about ninja, people. The idea is to use deception to your advantage and take the enemy out swiftly. Chidori is a much better technique.

If we were talking about Dragonball Z, than Rasengan might have a chance.

Zhan
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:02 AM
Chidori's power can't vary to the users liking than that of the Rasengan. The rasengan can decrease or increase in power, so I'm saying rasengan is generally the better technique because of the fact that it can be used for other than killing.

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Chidori is to be used as an assasintioan jutsu? It gives off a sound strong enough to wake e dead person, it flashes enough to send signals around the globe and it is supposed to be used for assasination? And here i thought assasination should be done as stealthy as possible with no one noticing.

The Rasengan is better, you can use it in diffrent situations and tactics. Chidori works one way, run fast and dodge your enemy while trying to pierce him through the chest.

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Chidori is to be used as an assasintioan jutsu? It gives off a sound strong enough to wake e dead person, it flashes enough to send signals around the globe and it is supposed to be used for assasination? And here i thought assasination should be done as stealthy as possible with no one noticing.

That has always bugged me about chidori. It's teh first thing I thought when Gai said that back when we saw Sasuke use it against Gaara.
Perhaps it's just called that because it can kill people quickly and gets the job done in one lightning fast move.

dark maginn
Sun, 07-31-2005, 07:54 PM
i think chidori is better

American Hero
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
I never used the word "Assassination."

It's all about deception and lightning-fast movement. The sound of a thousand birds suddenly rushing into your ears? The sudden, erratic flashes of light pulsing all around you? That's enough to confuse and terrify any victim. And before they have any idea what's going on, they have an arm through their heart.

Rasengan's unbeatable in close-quarter combat. The characters, however, are supposed to be ninja, not gladiators.

basey44
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:53 PM
The characters, however, are supposed to be ninja, not gladiators.

then why are they never stealthy, ninjas should have no problem killing people when their backs are turned, and yet how many times has that happened

American Hero
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:27 AM
"...supposed to be ninja..."

I liked the series a lot more when things actually seemed ninja-related. So, naturally I'm going to favor the jutsus that come off more ninja-like as opposed to the others.

Icho
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:09 AM

It's all about deception and lightning-fast movement. The sound of a thousand birds suddenly rushing into your ears? The sudden, erratic flashes of light pulsing all around you? That's enough to confuse and terrify any victim. Rasengan's unbeatable in close-quarter combat.

First of all, I donīt think a ninja who is always in life-treathing situation, hearing so much noise and so much light , having seen many times great jutsus, are going to be afraid of a new scary jutsu. I am going to ask a question. Do you know how are you "supposed" to kill your opponent with the Chidori without being near or in "close-quarter combat" with your enemy?.

I belive Rasengan and Chidori are two deadly jutsus. But I like Rasengan the most.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:48 AM

I liked the series a lot more when things actually seemed ninja-related. So, naturally I'm going to favor the jutsus that come off more ninja-like as opposed to the others.

I think that all went out the window when Sasuke grew wings.

Enderz
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:07 PM
rasengan is much stronger or maby a little, kakashis speciel skill is chidori and the 4th hokages speciel skill was rasengan. and when naruto was fighting sasuke, naruto was weaker but when they used chidori vs rasengan naruto was in the same lv as him and they both got damage instead of just naruto.
..\/. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

2:25
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Rasengan ( just cause Jiraiya created it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Icho
Mon, 08-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by: 2-25
Rasengan ( just cause Jiraiya created it )

I donīt know the hell u are talking about cause in this 270 manga realeses I (maybe u) havenīt seen a jutsu created by Jyraiya

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-01-2005, 09:51 PM

It's all about deception and lightning-fast movement. The sound of a thousand birds suddenly rushing into your ears? The sudden, erratic flashes of light pulsing all around you? That's enough to confuse and terrify any victim. And before they have any idea what's going on, they have an arm through their heart.

Rasengan's unbeatable in close-quarter combat. The characters, however, are supposed to be ninja, not gladiators.

YOU never said Assassination.
The anime/manga did <-- Gai said it when Sasuke used it against Gaara during his fight.

Otherwise I completely agree with you. Though I wouldn't call the rasengan a gladiator technique.

I think both are really cool. Rasengan is awesome and Chidori is kick-ass.

naruto-kira
Mon, 08-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Rasengan > Chidori period...no arguement...no comparison...why???? because When you talking about Rasengan, Rasengan got 8 Grades to it.(meaning 8 lvs)

Manga Chapter 151- Jiraiya said, " to appreciate the LV of difficulty for Rasengan, The 4th Hokage was 6 grades above the second. A Ultra-high grade LV, in order just to comprehend the Jutsu, Naruto needs to be 3rd grade lv jutsu." So Naruto only at the near Minium of the truth Rasengan Power, lv 3 Rasengan was twice as hard as LV 1 and 2 combined, each LV is a whole new different LV. LV4 could be has hard as LV 1,2,3 combined and LV 5 could be LV 1,2,3,4 combined and so on....

A ULTRA-HIGH GRADE LEVEL JUTSU, please don't compare Rasengan Vs Chidori....unless your talking about LV 3 rasengan but i would call a LV3 Rasengan = Chidori.

Overall Rasengan > Chidori.... BY very very very very very FAR

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 06:58 AM
If one were to think in terms of versatility, the Rasengan would win hands down.. It has no limit on amount of times it can be used besides a total drain of chakra... no blind spot blah blah blah.. But It does seem to be alot flash and no damage everytime it has been used. The Chidori has definitely taken out a few guys.. So for now Chidori wins the power struggle until I see soemone get pwned by the Rasengan ... like Spinning whole all tyhe way through chest.. eyes roll into head.. instant deathness

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Rasengan, because it's used by Naruto and therefore always will have the plot device advantage - unless it's absolutely necessary that it doesn't (such as in the Naruto VS Sasuke fight).

Jaredster
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Your point of view is no fun Terra.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Reality seldom is. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Rasengan, because it's used by Naruto and therefore always will have the plot device advantage - unless it's absolutely necessary that it doesn't (such as in the Naruto VS Sasuke fight).

Plot device advangtage? Over what? Chidori?
The two have only been used successfully on eachother twice. And both times, Chidori has either matched or won against Rasengan. But we all know that's because sasuke is just better.

In any other case...yeah, Rasengan is a more rounded jutsu (no pun intended)than Chidori. Does that make it "better"? who knows

We need to see Rasengan's killing-power.

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:22 AM

Erm yea cause running with a glowing hand and a sound that is about to burst your eardrums is ninja-like. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

There is nothing ninja-like about any of these jutsus.

A good ninja wouldn't get scared and immobile if someone ran at him with the chidori he would act quick, think underneath the underneath set up a counter attack and hopefully blow the head off the person using chidori. Real ninja's never get scared.

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
i. Real ninja's never get scared.

Ugh I couldnt help myself. but WTF real ninjas? comeon PSJ.. when is the last time you saw one of them.. outside of anime...(shirt ninjas dont count)

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Ah i ment Real ninja's in the show. Kakashi = Real ninja, Naruto and all the rest of them before the time jump= Scaredy cat ninjas who would freeze up in a difficult situation.

I thought i made that pretty clear with the obvious reference to Naruto with the "underneath the underneath" shit.''

About real ninjas? Are you shitting me, we got those instead of the police force, imagine the time i woke up and someone was sitting in front of my comp looking for downloaded files. They're scary.

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Next time take a picture.. then set it as your background.. Ninjas band together to fight PIRACY i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif... Anywhoo didnt knwo that was what you were referring to.. thought you just put a naruto attack in.. old skool ninja man's hands..

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM
No big deal, misunderstandings can happen to anyone.

Yea i got my camera next to my bed now, i was just to damn suprised last time to do anything but kick his ass, these piracy ninjas aren't to strong. I just did a simple bunshin and landed a round kick in his face.

Icho
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu

Ugh I couldnt help myself. but WTF real ninjas? comeon PSJ.. when is the last time you saw one of them.. outside of anime...(shirt ninjas dont count)

First of all I wanted to tell U that if you are talking about "real" ninjas, they really existed, Samurais also existed, maybe u should read a book or 2 about japan history.

(These things are hard to believe even for me but...) There are also books were some ninjas (over 2000 years b.C.) are told to have control over some natural powers.

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Of course he knows that Ninja's did exist but what she asked was when i saw one last time. We also know that Samurai's existed we aren't morons. Don't come in here and act like and idiot.

As for those books on ninjas having control over natural powers. I will believe it when i see it. Its the same as Aliens, Ghosts and other super natural things. People claim to have seen all kinds of shit but no one knows for sure, those books may just be bullshit.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by: Icho

First of all I wanted to tell U that if you are talking about "real" ninjas, they really existed, Samurais also existed, maybe u should read a book or 2 about japan history.

(These things are hard to believe even for me but...) There are also books were some ninjas (over 2000 years b.C.) are told to have control over some natural powers.

Wow, there is a scholar in our midst.

Icho
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Wow, there is a scholar in our midst.

When u reallly like something u investigate a little bit of it

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Yea but it's common knowledge that both Samurais and Ninjas did exist. We aren't stupid, what Hikyuu ment was when was the last time i saw a ninja. He never said that they didn't exist.

As for that about the natural powers and shit i will call that bullshit until i get some proof(A real life ninja, if there are any in this day and age that displays some jutsus where natural powers are involved.). For now it's like all other bullshit things like Ghosts, Aliens, Vampires and such. Until i get some proof i don't believe it.

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Great, I fall asleep at my desk at work and this pops up.. Im no retarded.. Im not trying to dispute the existence of ninjitsu..(though all it is now in so many places is a fad like karate).. Btw .. PSJ.. IM A GUY

darkshadow
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:31 PM
..... all other bullshit things like Ghosts, Aliens, Vampires and such. Until i get some proof i don't believe it.

if you see those, i dont think you will live to tell the tale i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Great, I fall asleep at my desk at work and this pops up.. Im no retarded.. Im not trying to dispute the existence of ninjitsu..(though all it is now in so many places is a fad like karate).. Btw .. PSJ.. IM A GUY

I know.

He never said that they didn't exist.

That He is referring to you.

That's exactly my point there is no proof that those exists therefore they don't. It's the same with a fugitive, if he doesn't show up once in 10 years he is said to be dead when he really can be drinking beer in a tropical paradise, no one got any proof therefore he doesn't exist.

American Hero
Tue, 08-02-2005, 02:49 PM
So yeah.

Chidori is cooler than Rasengan.

Icho
Tue, 08-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Nobody said that

American Hero
Tue, 08-02-2005, 03:46 PM
I did.

Naruto_RNG
Tue, 08-02-2005, 09:26 PM

lol, that's so true.
Rasengan. I don't care what proof u show me. I would still favour Rasengan.

Zhan
Wed, 08-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Naruto using rasengan is queer. I want to see The 4th use Rasengan, that would be cool.

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Its a pitty the Fourth is pushing up Daisies.. I guess you will just have to settle for a flashback :i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gifueue the waynes world soundage.::

Icho
Wed, 08-03-2005, 09:22 AM
I would call myself happy if I could see Jirayia killing someone with the rasengan

Rhanfahl
Fri, 08-05-2005, 01:17 AM

To Heretic
Before then....more like when the third died.

As for this pointless comparison.
How about this. How about I use a powersander on your chest, and then shoot you pointblank range with a nailgun and you tell me which hurts more. Personally I don't want to experience either of those in my life. Needless to say both would suck. I've said this before and I'll say it again, its all in the user. Since the forth is dead, you have two fucking morons running around with Rasengan. With Chidori you have one angsty teen asshole and a laid back easy going professional. So with that said, currently I would favor Chidori. But then when teaching Naruto that move and showing him what he did wrong, properly executed, Jiraiya really fucked up that tree. It was like he burned a perfect sphere into it. Both are deadly, rasengan is neater, chidori is a bloody fucking mess, and all around less stealthy.

naruto-kira
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Rasengan > Chidori,

Rasengan has 8 lvs to it

basey44
Fri, 08-05-2005, 03:23 AM
saying something has 8 levels doesnt make it better if lvl 8 rasegan = lvl 1 chidori

however i do like rasengan better, its stealthier with more vesitility, imagine using an openhanded taijutsu with a rasengan in each hand. granted u'd need tremendus chakra control, but still. and it can be used more than 3 times a day

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-05-2005, 12:06 PM
that 8 levels thing is bullshit. Even though "level 3 Rasengan" is just about as good as "level 1 chidori"

The "levels" are just levels of mastery. The first 3 "levels" are something you must accomplish in order to use a normal rasengan. Level 2 is not better than level 1, they're just different aspects of the same technique that you have to accomplish in order to use it correctly.
The fact that rasengan has 8 levels only means that there are 8 things you must be able to perform in order to completely master it.

It could very well be that after having mastered the 8 levels of rasengan, that a perfected chidori is still just as good, if not better. But they're really just different types of attacks. Just pick which you like better.

Mut
Fri, 08-05-2005, 12:24 PM
The Rasengan is better, you can use it in diffrent situations and tactics. Chidori works one way, run fast and dodge your enemy while trying to pierce him through the chest.
Technically rasengan and chidori can be used either way; moving it all around like you do with rasengan, or run straight towards the target like you do with chidori. Seriously, what's the real difference between the two if the method of using them were switched? Rasengan would need sharingan, and chidori would be used freely (as shown when Sasuke used it on Naruto). So there is no real point in bringing up the method of use. The only real distinct advantage rasengan has over chidori is the number of times it can be used. But then again, chidori can be used on multiple targets at once.

Assertn
Fri, 08-05-2005, 03:29 PM

Kabuto's healing ability saved him from dying to the rasengan, and probably would have saved him (and without using up as much chakra in the process) if it was a chidori used on him as well.
What? It took Kyuubi powers to heal a hole. I doubt that Kabuto has those powers and I highly doubt that it'll take less chakra than he used to heal from rasengan.

if rasengan can blow a crater into the back of that water tank, then it can blow holes into flesh as well.

Icho
Fri, 08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
For me Rasengan is something like killing with a Hammer and Chidori is like stabbing with a knife

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-05-2005, 07:52 PM
For me Rasengan is something like killing with a Hammer and Chidori is like stabbing with a knife

Rasangan is like hitting somebody with a hammer.
Chidori is like stabbing somebody with a knife.

In my opinion.

It's good to see an original viewpoint on the matter

@Mut: how can chidori be used against multiple targets?? I must be forgetting something...

Mut
Fri, 08-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Go read the Kakashi gaiden.

basey44
Fri, 08-05-2005, 08:11 PM
in the gaiden he keeps the chidori "on" while he runs and kills people, it doesnt disappear after he kills each person

i wonder if you could do the same thing with the rasengan though

XanBcoo
Fri, 08-05-2005, 08:15 PM
oh, I remembered the Kakashi Gaiden thing, I just thought when you said at once you meant at the same exact time. That scene didn't occur to me b/c as basey said, he just runs around with it.

So there's another advantage, Chidori is reusable.

I don't think you can use the same rasengan more than once though. In every instance it's been used it has basically exploded upon impact.

American Hero
Fri, 08-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Running around at lighting speeds, quickly disposing of multiple targets in one shot?

C'mon.

Tinks
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:42 PM
I think I have to fall upon the fact that the main character uses the rasengan as well as the fact that a legendary sannin uses it too
Rasengan is more powerful due to this

Chidori isnt reusable as you state though, more than a certain amount of uses would kill Sasuke, I assume Kakashi would be killed by it as well if he exceeded an amount as well

Mut
Sat, 08-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by: Tinks
Chidori isnt reusable as you state though, more than a certain amount of uses would kill Sasuke, I assume Kakashi would be killed by it as well if he exceeded an amount as well
What do you mean by "reusable"? Do you mean use it repeatedly?

My point was that a single Chidori can be used on multiple targets, which is completely different than someone using Chidori three separate times to hit multiple targets.

American Hero
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I think I have to fall upon the fact that the main character uses the rasengan as well as the fact that a legendary sannin uses it too

A) You forgot to mention that it was developed by the 4th Hokage.
B) Naruto using Rasengan has nothing to do with its level of power.
C) You're an idiot.

Quit trying to sound smart, it makes you look foolish.

sangai
Sat, 08-06-2005, 08:57 PM
if i recall sasuke's chidori and naruto's rasengan kinda canceled each other out..two times in a row..the first time they where both normal the second time they where uberfied with DEMON and CURSE powers...but there kinda on the same lvl...both high end jutsu's that require a large precise control of chakra and the other a great control over ones chakra circulation to form the WMD..

Tinks
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:10 PM

What do you mean by "reusable"? Do you mean use it repeatedly?

My point was that a single Chidori can be used on multiple targets, which is completely different than someone using Chidori three separate times to hit multiple targets.

I was referring to what xanbcoo said

A) You forgot to mention that it was developed by the 4th Hokage.
B) Naruto using Rasengan has nothing to do with its level of power.
C) You're an idiot.

Quit trying to sound smart, it makes you look foolish.

Since when was I trying to sound smart you hypocritical douchebag? Thats all you do around here is try to sound like a smart ass, ie your reply I just quoted, so fuck off and take your own advice

American Hero
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
"Rasengan is more powerful due to this" Please...

Due to what? Because a Sannin and the main character use the bloody attack? That's your argument? Naruto uses an attack that transforms him into a naked chick. Does this mean that it's more powerful than Sasuke's grand Fireball? No.

And I'm not hypocritical, but I [i]am[i] a smartass.

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I think what he meant was something similar to Terra's argument that because the main character uses it, it has "plot device" power, and will be given the advantage.

Of course I think that's stupid because the only time they've been used on each other, Chidori came out on top (due to the user, not the technique however)

and I meant "reusable" as in the same Chidori can be used against multiple targets. We have yet to see if Rasengan has this power, but I don't think it does.

Who else thinks the 4th said Chidori was an "incomplete jutsu" only because he was jealous? ;p

Tinks
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:39 PM
"Rasengan is more powerful due to this" Please...

Your reasoning is this? That makes no sense

Originally posted by: American HeroAnd I'm not hypocritical, but I am[i] a smartass.

This makes no sense either, I called you a hypocrit for being a smartass

American Hero
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Who else thinks the 4th said Chidori was an "incomplete jutsu" only because he was jealous? ;p

No kidding. What a lame-o.

What kind of moron seals a demon inside a little baby? "Oh hey! This will probably have a good outcome."

Edit: Give it up, Tinks. I don't want to fight with you.

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, it makes for a good, long-running anime series.

@tinks: He was mimicking you.

Tinks
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Maybe you shouldnt have made an attempt to fullfill your need for a feeling of superiority on an internet message board then

American Hero
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Good God, man. I was just debating the topic with you. So what? I'm a little aggressive when I debate. That's how it's done. Just cool your jets, put away the fangs and get back on topic. Sheesh.

Ok guys. Let's just all admit it to ourselves. There's no real way to argue about which is stronger because it's an animated show in a make-believe world. We're all just going off of silly little "facts" that the show has given us.

When it all boils down to it, we're just telling eachother which one we think is more badass. It isn't as if one of us will read what the other has typed and think, "You know what?! He's right. That one is better."

So, let's all just admit that Chidori is way fucking sweeter than Rasengan, and be happy with that.

What do you say?

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I say stfu you loser!!!!!!11 RASENGAN IS T3H PWNZ0R

Assertn
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:24 PM
what's so great about the chidori?

it's probably the most uninspired move in the entire series

Mut
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:27 PM
lol what? Why does it need to be inspiring?

Assertn
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:29 PM
because what's so sweet about lots of chakra in your hand?

it's just a jab with a chakra boost.....
thats pretty much it

Mut
Sun, 08-07-2005, 09:36 PM
You're not making any sense. Why does any jutsu need to "inspiring"? I don't understand the point of bringing that up, are you trying to say that rasengan is inspiring?

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
there's more thought and explanation behind the use of rasengan.

Chidori is just gathering chakra in your hand and running with it.
They take 4 or 5 episodes to explain the diferent aspects of Rasengan. How you gotta move the chakra exactly the right way, focus the chakra flow through a single spot to make it more destructive, and keep it in its spherical shape in order for it to be effective.
The way it deals damage is also more creative in that because of the swirling chakra, it spreads throughout the body. I think that's cool.

Chidori is awesome too though

Rhanfahl
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:45 PM
there's more thought and explanation behind the use of rasengan.

Chidori is just gathering chakra in your hand and running with it.
They take 4 or 5 episodes to explain the diferent aspects of Rasengan. How you gotta move the chakra exactly the right way, focus the chakra flow through a single spot to make it more destructive, and keep it in its spherical shape in order for it to be effective.
The way it deals damage is also more creative in that because of the swirling chakra, it spreads throughout the body. I think that's cool.

Chidori is awesome too though

In that I do believe they should have given more explanation behind the move in a training sequence. Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the insane and sometimes cure little chibi animation explanations on techniques or Shika's tactics?

American Hero
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
You guys are missing out on how sweet it is. Uninspiring? Bah. Simply chakra in their hand? Bah. The Rasengan is just a ball of chakra itself.

The scenes where Chidori are used look so much cooler than the ones with Rasengan. Specifically that episode where Sasuke attemtped to use it on Itachi. That was an all-out intense scene.

XanBcoo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Agreed. That scene was kick ass to teh max.

But rasengan is not just a ball of chakra. There's a lot of thought put behind it in the series. I think that's what was meant by "more inspiring" It's a move that was thought out to do as much damage and have as little drawbacks as possible.

naruto-kira
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Chidori Sucks, needs high speed to make it efficient and needs Sharigan or Byakugan to complete it...or else anyone that see that jutsu could dodge it and counter it, and there is nothing Chidori can do. If Naruto learns Chidori and combined Rasengan to it...my theory is that it can complete it too...because it won't need high speed and the lighting is spinning around that orb very fast...LMAO..Just a Thought

naruto-kira
Thu, 08-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Chidori Sucks, needs high speed to make it efficient and needs Sharigan or Byakugan to complete it...or else anyone that see that jutsu could dodge it and counter it, and there is nothing Chidori can do. If Naruto learns Chidori and combined Rasengan to it...my theory is that it can complete it too...because it won't need high speed and the lighting is spinning around that orb very fast...LMAO..Just a Thought

American Hero
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira

Where the fuck do some of you people come from?

XanBcoo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I dunno AH...I think he's on to something.

From the creators of Byakuringan, comes the jutsu to end all fanboy-jutsu:
RASENDORI !!!! IT'S SO FECKIN' AWESOMZZZ
(sorry Rasendori, didn't mean to mock your nick)

Rhanfahl
Fri, 08-12-2005, 12:06 AM

Where the fuck do some of you people come from?

New Jersey? That's the only logical explanation that I can come up with.

Enderz
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:57 PM

NICE, then neji shouled be able to do chidori

Assertn
Tue, 08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
neji can see what people are doing, but he can't predict what they are GOING to do

American Hero
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:32 PM
neji can see what people are doing, but he can't predict what they are GOING to do

Therefore, Chidori is better.

ChaosK
Tue, 08-23-2005, 07:35 PM
they're completely different jutsus, if your talking about sheer power, then rasnegan is better as jiraya said "i'll teach you a jutsu that is better than chidori"

but this thread is mostly opinionated and most people just go with whichever looks cooler which would be the chidori(i think raikari makes more sense but whatever)

chidori requires immense speed, and a good eye to see the counter incase the chidori fails to kill somebody. so far we've seen the chidori and rasnegan clash only straight on. but, if somebody has mastered chidori they can use it to surprise the enemy like kakashi did in the manga (when he was young) and just went from target to target, rasnegan cant do that.

rasnegan requires you to be able to control and harvest your chakra into a sphere and never let go of the concentration you put in it otherwise, it will fuck up. when the rasnegan hits most enemies it causes the enemy to spin or something, this shows you the kind of rotation control needed to keep the rasnegan in a sphere form. powerwise, i'd say rasnegan is stronger IF you were just counting on power but we see the chidori puncture a person a couple of times but we never saw the rasnegan do this, partly becuase chidori looks in the shape of a chakra made blade that can cut through anything, while rasnegan just smacks into something and bulldozes it. the speed used to make the chidori strong is what gives it the power to penetrate a person's skin, while naruto's rasnegan is just him running at a enemy and sticking his hand out.

i vote for chidori because its cooler but i really dont think you can judge them.

Jadugar
Wed, 08-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i vote for chidori because its cooler but i really dont think you can judge them.

Yes, you can judge them.

as jiraya said "i'll teach you a jutsu that is better than chidori"

Read your own fucking post.

aznroyale
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Rasangan is better but i still like Chidori better

XanBcoo
Thu, 08-25-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Yes, you can judge them.

You're an idiot Jadugar.
While I don't neccessarily agree, these are valid points you quoted. You can't really judge the two jutsu because they are quite different. It's pretty evident that neither is "better" and that they work differently under different circumstances. Each have their pros and cons - go ahead and read the rest of the posts in this thread. This is a stupid dicussion that will have no conclusion. Just vote for which one is cooler and be done with it.

as jiraya said "i'll teach you a jutsu that is better than chidori"

Read your own fucking post.

If you read his fucking post, then you'd know that he quoted Jiraiya speaking of Rasengan's power, and not its overall quality.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:50 AM
If you read his fucking post, then you'd know that he quoted Jiraiya speaking of Rasengan's power, and not its overall quality.[/quote]

Jadugar is the emotional equivalent of a 6 year old, I wouldn't worry so much about arguing with him.

Jadugar
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoob]
While I don't neccessarily agree, these are valid points you quoted. You can't really judge the two jutsu because they are quite different. It's pretty evident that neither is "better" and that they work differently under different circumstances. Each have their pros and cons - go ahead and read the rest of the posts in this thread. This is a stupid dicussion that will have no conclusion. Just vote for which one is cooler and be done with it.

True, Chidori is cooler.

They both are different but I am talking about their head on collision, like we saw in the Sasuke Vs Naruto fight.

What about rasengan powered by the kayubi?

you'd know that he quoted Jiraiya speaking of Rasengan's power, and not its overall quality.

Jiraya's exact words were, "I'll teach you a jutsu that is better than chidori".

He doesnt mention the the power of chidori or rasengan.

I think I'will take the words of Sanin.

Also the rasengan is the jitsu created by the genious fouth Hokage.

BioAlien
Thu, 08-25-2005, 01:18 PM
created by the genious fouth Hokage

ya right and it took him 3 years to master it...

Jadugar
Thu, 08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by: BioAlien

created by the genious fouth Hokage

Read the fucking topic. Its rasengan vs Chidori not quote some guy's post and make a stupid comment.

Love to hear about your thoughts on rasengan vs chidori.

Strike Freedom
Sun, 08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I'd say that they're pretty much equal. They just impact the enemy differently. My response is short, simple and to the point i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BioAlien
Mon, 08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
you are just mad because what i said was true, and the rasengan is more powerful, we can clearly see the power between rasengan and chidori in episode 108

Jadugar
Mon, 08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
you are just mad because what i said was true, and the rasengan is more powerful, we can clearly see the power between rasengan and chidori in episode 108

You havent seen me mad and you will definitely know when I am.

And what you said was

WTF. Is that suppose to be an arguement ? Ninjas train for years.

Yes, I do think Resengan is more powerful than Chidori. Read my posts again you moron.

chet_chetty
Tue, 08-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I seriously think Kishimoto set up Rasengan to be much greater than Chidori but for the sake of storyline had the chidori beat out rasengan in their fight. If rasengan won, Sasuke would be brought back and we're done with that which is dumb and would never happen.

It seems based on the rooftop fight, chidori cuts through at constant crazy power from beginning to end while rasengan has an initial power (much less than chidori) but increases power almost exponentially as shown in the huge rupture in the back of the water tank. We also see this when Kabuto gets hit, does the cell regeneration, then feels it again to the point where he passes out.

Also since this is a kids cartoon, i think the rasengan's power was immensely reduced. Why else in the filler are the targets just spun around instead of some big bloody hole in their bodies? A huge piece of metal gets ruptured while on a person they only spin? yeah right. With chidori, they can show the true effect cuz it's essentialy a deep powerful knife stab that has minimal blood and gore.

And if we compare the originators of the jutsu, Kakashi is a genius ninja who developed chidori but i doubt it took him 3 years to develop/master. The 4th was a genius greater in all aspects to Kakashi and still it took him 3 years. You think a jutsu like that would tie or be outdone by chidori? On paper it sounds all wrong.

Mut
Tue, 08-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by: chet_chetty
Also since this is a kids cartoon, i think the rasengan's power was immensely reduced. Why else in the filler are the targets just spun around instead of some big bloody hole in their bodies? A huge piece of metal gets ruptured while on a person they only spin? yeah right. With chidori, they can show the true effect cuz it's essentialy a deep powerful knife stab that has minimal blood and gore.
What we're shown in the anime is pretty much the exact same as the manga. The manga is suppose to be the unedited, more graphic version. The problem with rasengan is that, for it to do its maximum, full damage, the target has to be completely immobile (as shown with the water tank, or the tree) or it will just be pushed back. However, as for chidori, the move itself doesn't need any forward movement (like the rasengan), nor for the target to be immobile. From what we seen, you should be able to just throw a piece of wood at it and see the wood disintegrate due to its nature. If you did that with the rasengan, then we should see the wood just bounce right off. The blood and gore now showing from the injuries caused by rasengan is this reason, it has almost nothing to do with it being a "kids" show.

And if we compare the originators of the jutsu, Kakashi is a genius ninja who developed chidori but i doubt it took him 3 years to develop/master. The 4th was a genius greater in all aspects to Kakashi and still it took him 3 years. You think a jutsu like that would tie or be outdone by chidori? On paper it sounds all wrong.
There is absolutely no indication that the 4th was a genius greater in all aspect to Kakashi. If we lay out all of the information, attributes, rumors, facts, and indications of everyone and compare them, Kakashi would probably be the one of the top 3 greatest ninjas. But this is mainly because we've learned so much information about him while we've barely heard anything about the Sannin, 3rd, 4th and Akatsuki.

Edit: I'm not saying that Kakashi could beat the 4th or anyone I listed. I'm just saying we have more proof that Kakashi was so great in so many areas, whereas we haven't really heard anything about anyone else.

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:43 AM
I'd say just from Rumors and the Kakashi Gaiden alone that the fourth was more powerful and more of a genious than Kakashi.

Kakashi still pwns though, I just meant that he's no 4th Hokage.

chet_chetty
Wed, 08-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Edit: I'm not saying that Kakashi could beat the 4th or anyone I listed. I'm just saying we have more proof that Kakashi was so great in so many areas, whereas we haven't really heard anything about anyone else.

Do we really need proof? I think the hierarchy in itself is indicative enough for us to say that the 4th is better in most (probably not all) aspects to Kakashi. We may not know which hokage was the best (altho it is supposed to be the 3rd in his prime?), or which of the 3 sannins is the best, or which akatsuki member is clearly the strongest, or which jounin is the best (altho we have more proof on this than anthing else). But the hierarchy is clear enough to say that all sannins, hokages, and akatsuki members, are better 1 on 1 vs any of the jounins.

All we really know about the 4th is that he was strong enough to seal the strongest of the 9 demons, albeit giving up his life to do so, and he was fast/skillful enough to take out entire armies w/ little effort. Kakashi is badass but not that badass.

So yes i'm still on the trip that by comparing the 4th and Kakashi and the efforts they went through to develop their respective jutsus, we can conclude that rasengan *should* be stronger than chidori.

And since naruto and sasuke's fight indicates chidori is stronger, it has to be for storyline purposes or specific infight factors that allowed chidori to beat rasengan in that instance.

Jadugar
Wed, 08-31-2005, 07:37 PM
The 4th was a Hokage, how can you compare that to Kakashi being a Jounin.

Binary_Prophet
Sat, 09-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Easy way to explain the almost non-fatal look of rasengan is the fact that it took the fourth three years to master... Naruto can use it, but it is far from mastered. The rasengan is about control, and in such is more versitile than the chidori because you control how strong it is, meaning you can use it to wind, stun, KO, or kill. The reason we have yet to see it seriously harm/kill someone is because the one person to have it mastered, Jiraya, has yet to use it to try and kill someone...

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 09-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Naruto was supposed to have mastered it when he finished the balloon techniques.

Jadugar
Sat, 09-03-2005, 12:12 PM
We still havent seen the full potential of rasengan. I think Naruto will develop it further more.

Rhanfahl
Thu, 09-08-2005, 10:54 PM
I still feel this way

Rasengan = Power sander

Chidori = Nailgun

I wouldn't want to encounter either on my flesh, both would suck, hurt like hell.

The point is as with almost everything in this forum. The info is just not there to support a decision either way...

Jadugar
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
I still feel this way

Rasengan = Power sander

Chidori = Nailgun

I wouldn't want to encounter either on my flesh, both would suck, hurt like hell.

The point is as with almost everything in this forum. The info is just not there to support a decision either way...

Read the posts again and you will come to a different conclusion.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 09-09-2005, 10:48 PM
um...I'm not sure what the conclusion you are expecting me to see. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Ok answer me this What's more destuctive, a shotgun or a rifle? Too many factors play into it. Depending on the target one could me more deadly than the other. A rifle is very precise and if it doesn't hit a vital area you could be fine it hit with it. On the other hand if you are hit vitally, you'll most likely be killed instantly. With the shotgun you will undoubtedly survive at decent range. But at point blank there is no missing a vital area with a shotgun...needless to say you're fucked either way. Both weapons can kill you in different instances.

Rasengan has a spinning nature to it which creates friction and can rip away at things it comes into contact with, much like a circular power sander or as saw.

Chidori has a direct piercing nature to it which can punch holes at things it comes into contact with, much like a nailgun or riveter.

Personally I'd not like either of those things to make contact with my flesh cause it would fucking hurt like hell. The point is that both have different uses, different properties, and different users. I just don't think you can classify one as "stronger" than the other.

Jadugar
Sat, 09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I guess we will just ignore Jiraya telling Naruto that he will teach him a move more powerful than Chidori and listen to a noob like you.

And no one is going to hurt your flesh( well excepy maybe me).

ChaosK
Sat, 09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
jadugar no hunting people down. and your absoultly correct about jiraya saying rasnegan is more powerful (which i believe i said about 2-3 pages back.)

i'll repeat what i said before (at least i think i said it) the power of chidori comes with the ability of speed (with out speed chidori sucks) so when a chidori user can basically dodge the rasnegan, then chidori would obviously win, if sasuke was smart and fought naruto like the way i explained naruto who is bery initiative would've gone for sasuke who could dodge and strike when naruto was completely defenseless.

on the other hand, if they both clash head on like that did in the naruto vs sasuke battle then rasnegan should win because that is a battle of brute chakra power and force.
if you think about it rasnegan is used by those with a lot of chakra (naruto, jiraya) and chidori is used by those with a lot of speed.

it depends on how you use each technique in order to fight.

oh and also, it would appear that when the chidori and rasnegan clashed with kyubi naruto vs lipstick sasuke, sasuke had more chakra reaking out of him or he concentrated the chidori to sharpen it thus puncutring a hole in the rasnegan and going through it to reach naruto. its like the difference between a bolt and a nail. if i were to throw a bolt at you, no matter which angle i hit you with it woudl hurt. yet if i threw a nail i would have to precisely hit you with the point in order for it to hurt you.

Rhanfahl
Sun, 09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
I guess we will just ignore Jiraya telling Naruto that he will teach him a move more powerful than Chidori and listen to a noob like you.

And no one is going to hurt your flesh( well excepy maybe me).

Ok, here's the thing... I'm sure we've all been to elementary school English and know the difference between "Fact" statements and "Opinion" statements.

Now yeah, Jiraiya said that, where is your proof to back it up? Its like all these Evolutionist fucks say Creation is far fetched. If the second law of Thermodynamics states that if any entity or system left unto itself will proceed to become more and more chaotic...not orderly, than how can evolution stand up to the scientific laws that preceeded its conception....it cannot, therefore it is a theory, just as creation is. If there is not proof to your statement about the one move than how can you be so sure that it is indeed more powerful? What is more powerful, a punch or a kick? Doesn't it depend on the sender and receiver of the actions? Not to mention the millions of variables that can occur at any given point in time? Muscular strength, speed, technique, physique, etc.

As things stand now, neither can be appraised as being "stronger". One cuts, spins, and rends, while the other punches, thrusts, and pierces. If "strength" is simply measured by the force or mass of the attack, than Chidori is superior. Both rearrange molecules in a different way...and lets not forget...neither are real.

I don't want to argue a moot point about things that don't really exist in this world, just explain my reasoning. If yours differs, than so be it. All are entitled to their own opinions....including Jiraiya.

XanBcoo
Sun, 09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm just curious as to what a Rasnegan is, Chaoskiddo.

0.o

heero
Sun, 09-11-2005, 10:51 PM
lol dont make fun of the guy and just tell him he's spelling it wrong.

Mut
Sun, 09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
i'll repeat what i said before (at least i think i said it) the power of chidori comes with the ability of speed (with out speed chidori sucks)
Untrue. Chidori can be used just as same as rasengan.

Necromas
Sun, 09-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
Rasengan is more powerful, but Chidori cannot technically be used by everyone since the user has to move at an extremely fast speed and without Sharingan cannot counter any attacks his opponent makes on him while he is using it. They say that in Kakashi Gaiden when he uses it for the first time.

Rasengan has the same flaw, whenever Naruto uses it he has to use something such as kage bunshins to allow him an opening to make the attack, and it also takes time for him to make a rasengan similar to the time it takes Sauske to do chidori.

ALSO Rasengan is at least as difficult to learn as chidori, we all know how it was deemed impossible to learn in the approx 2 weeks Naruto took to learn it (first week was simply learning to produce it, 2nd week was the bet with Tsunade) and technically he didn't master it since he needs to use both hands and considerable time to form it, whereas Jiraya can make his in about a second using only one hand.

BUT Rasengan uses less chakra then the Chidori, because the chakra is contained perfectly in the sphere, even during the actual impact, while chidori burns more chakra since it is obviously not contained in a stable manner, with the lightning and whatnot.

STRANGE IDEA!!! Perhaps Rasengan was designed specifically to counter/improve upon chidori, now we all know that the 4th Hokage saw Kakashi use the chidori when Kakashi was approximately Narutos age, about 12, and that Kakashi is 26 at the start of the series, which means it was about 4 years between him witnessing chidori and when he died, just enough time to develope the rasengan and become famous for it. He could have designed it (as opposed to learning to use chidori) because it, when mastered as Jiraya uses it (not how Naruto does), is far less flawed then the chidori, requiring no prep time to use, not even a hand seal, so the enemy does not have as much of an oppertunity to counter, and since it is much more efficient at using chakra then chidori, a shinobi is not limited to so few uses per day.

Edit: also, the rasengan can be used with as much chakra as the user desires, thus only using as much chakra as the shinobi can spare, and allowing it to be used in a less then lethal way.

Jadugar
Mon, 09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
A LOT OF SCIENTIFIC BULLSHIT

Naruto is the main character of this anime and weather you like it or not his moves are and will become stronger than anyone else in the anime that includes rasengan.

Rhanfahl
Mon, 09-12-2005, 04:01 PM

A LOT OF SCIENTIFIC BULLSHIT

Naruto is the main character of this anime and weather you like it or not his moves are and will become stronger than anyone else in the anime that includes rasengan.

Holy fuck, why is everyone so damn hostile to me!? Is it cause I think? Is it cause I'm in my mid twenties and not a teenager? I'm not trying to attack you people...
Like I said, its all opinion. And in the case of this being a fictional story you are absolutely right Jadugar. But ultimately its up to Kishimoto, at anytime he could change his mind and make one of them suck. For instance he allowed shithole writers (that probably dropped out of college cause they were too narrowminded to make a decent story) to make two fat stupid jackass characters that could trash anyone aside from Tsunade.

Closing statement

Fuck this thread.

XanBcoo
Mon, 09-12-2005, 04:39 PM
I think Rhanfahl made some good points.

Though I don't think Rasengan was created specifically as a counter to Chidori. Also, Mut is right about the use of Chidori, as we have seen Sasuke use it on Naruto while standing completely still (episode 132).

ChaosK
Mon, 09-12-2005, 04:55 PM

i'll repeat what i said before (at least i think i said it) the power of chidori comes with the ability of speed (with out speed chidori sucks)
Untrue. Chidori can be used just as same as rasengan.

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt a chidori as gai explained "a thrust" ??
so technically, chidori is gathering chakra at your hand, and thrusting it into a target, now in order to get a powerful thrust, you need speed. which proves my point that without the ability of speed, chidori sucks.

the rasangan (happy?) however seems to be more like pushing it into somebody (whatever speed naruto's travelling at it would seem that the rasangan's power is the same.

Mut
Mon, 09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but isnt a chidori as gai explained "a thrust" ??
so technically, chidori is gathering chakra at your hand, and thrusting it into a target, now in order to get a powerful thrust, you need speed. which proves my point that without the ability of speed, chidori sucks.
It being a 'thrust' move has nothing to do with speed. The speed is there for the extra power boost. Since rasengan is also a thrust move, according to your logic, without the speed, rasengan also sucks.

We've seen Sasuke hit Naruto with the chidori without needing speed. Chidori can be used EXACTLY the same as rasengan.

Jadugar
Mon, 09-12-2005, 06:02 PM
We've seen Sasuke hit Naruto with the chidori without needing speed. Chidori can be used EXACTLY the same as rasengan.

I remember Gai explaining the Chidori move during chunin exam, when Sasuke was fighting Gara, that how Kakashi trained Sasuke and improved his speed and movement before teaching him Chidori.

Necromas
Mon, 09-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Rasengan has the same flaw the way Naruto uses it (since he hasn't mastered the ability to form is spontaneously like Jiraya can), except Naruto, instead of using the sharingan (and speed, but with the sharingan, the users speed need only be comperable to the opponents, not extremely fast) to avoid enemy counter attacks, he uses something like kage bunshins, etc... to make an opening to attack.

Mut
Mon, 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM

I remember Gai explaining the Chidori move during chunin exam, when Sasuke was fighting Gara, that how Kakashi trained Sasuke and improved his speed and movement before teaching him Chidori.
That's how Kakashi's chose to have chidori used because of the sharingan. The speed allows far more destructive power than just hitting without it. Not only that, it reduces the opponent's time to react, and it's not a problem for the chidori user since the user has sharingan.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-13-2005, 01:40 PM

That's how Kakashi's chose to have chidori used because of the sharingan. The speed allows far more destructive power than just hitting without it. Not only that, it reduces the opponent's time to react, and it's not a problem for the chidori user since the user has sharingan.

I agree. Chidori does not NEED the speed to be useful, but the speed is pretty much essential if you want to make it devestating. Which is why Kakashi and Gai both mentioned the speed when explaining it.

But I'd also have to say that Rasengan is not a "Thrust" move. Naruto can be completely stationary and just tap an enemy with it, or slowly push it into him - and it would have just about the same effect as if he "thrusted" it. That's what makes it so powerful imo (note, I'm not referring to the overal quality of the move, just it's raw power). So I don't think Chidori can be used exactly the same way as rasengan, because the speed of the thrust is needed for it.

Rhanfahl
Tue, 09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
In the explanation at the Chuunin finals, doesn't Gai also say something to the effect that its like a "sword" and that Kakashi "cut" through lightning with it? I know we've only seen it as a thrust...but is it possible that chidori could also be used as a slash attack maybe? I mean...the power might now be as great but it should still kick some ass.

Also, when Naruto used Rasengan on Oro's bitch didn't it turn into a projectile at the end? I think that's the only time I can recall the move doing that... So...is Rasengan gonna turn into a Kamehameha thing eventually...God I hope not. And since Rasengan needs no seals, couldn't he have one in each hand or use two hands for a bigger one?

Jadugar
Tue, 09-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Naruto hasnt developed rasengan properly. He has to go one step further. Lets face it he has no other great move(doesnt include kage bushin) so he will see a improvement in rasengan.

aznroyale
Wed, 09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
true true nothing great but Rasengan

isso
Thu, 09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
In the episode when naruto fights sasuke and rasengan vs chidori, you can see that sasuke ATTACKS THE RIBS ON NARUTo... yet naruto only flicthes and make a mark on sasukes forehead protector because sasuke said before something like "im taking this on but you can't still get a mark on this forehead protector.."

My point is that naruto didnt try to kill like sasuke did, yet sasuke is extremly damaged afterwards, naruto only scratches sasukes foreheadprotector with his finger..

The evidence is clear, rasengan is more deadily, it didn't even have to hit hard and the opponent is damaged..

Second, the water scinisters on the roof of the hospital shows that chidory is like a normal bullet, yet it only reaches as far as the hand and arm can reach, like a needle.. But rasengan is like a dum-dum bullet that leaves a small injection hole and blows the crap out of the victims body and create a huge hole on the opposite side of the injection hole..

Anyone who's been in the army knows the diffrence..

Final word, rasengan is more deadly than the chidori!

heero
Thu, 09-15-2005, 11:21 AM
er I think Sasuke was hurt because he used Chidori 3 times when Kakashi said he can only use it 2 times. Notice how Sasuke grabs his arm in pain in the end when Naruto didnt even touch him there.

isso
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
thats true, but still, naruto didn't try to hurt sasuke... and i still think that rasengan is more powerful than chidori (see explaintion at the top of this threadsite 8)...

So it's true probably becasue of using chdori 3 times, but still he gets more power of the cursed seal, so it would be that much of a problem.. or perhaps sasuke is a wimp.. lol.. just kidding..

No but the diffrence between chidori and rasengan is obvious.. chidori is like a needle, rasengan like a dum.dum bulltet..

ChaosK
Thu, 09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
naruto could probably use the rasengan over and over again only because he possess a fast amount of chakra. its been said the rasnegan is more powerful than chidori, you can tell just by the kind of mark it made on the watertanks in the sasuke vs naruto battle (rooftop)

but thats the kind of hole it makes, i'm not sure i've seen rasnegan puncture anybody yet where we've seen chidori/raikri puncutre two people....three? (kakashi-haku, sasuke-naruto, sasuke-garra? (i dont remember last one)

isso, i made that kind of comparison already, rasnegan is more of a bolt while chidori is a nail.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Jesus, are you still discussing this? Who gives a fuck, they are just two balls. Most boring moves ever.

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
You should think up a move Terra.

A jutsu to pwn all jutsu.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I was going to, but Hinata's ultra parkinson no jutsu has rendered me speechless and has drained all my creativity in sheer envy

Jadugar
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: isso
thats true, but still, naruto didn't try to hurt sasuke... and i still think that rasengan is more powerful than chidori (see explaintion at the top of this threadsite 8)...

So it's true probably becasue of using chdori 3 times, but still he gets more power of the cursed seal, so it would be that much of a problem.. or perhaps sasuke is a wimp.. lol.. just kidding..

No but the diffrence between chidori and rasengan is obvious.. chidori is like a needle, rasengan like a dum.dum bulltet..

Absolutely right.

Every time Naruto uses rasengan he uses kage bushin as well to help him. The time will come that he will not have to use kage bushin and use kyubi's chakra well. That time we will see the true face of rasengan. Just wait...

isso
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:33 PM
I am eagerly awaiting that point now..

He must improve, hell when i was in that age I improved every week in my diffrence sports.. Time for him to do so to..

And I thought about a move that would pwn everybody elses jutsus..

Instead of summoning Gamabunta the frog king he could summon Shinn in his destiny and tell him that the bad guys are logos.. And tjat they raped Stellar over and over agian.. I would like to see naruto standning on the Destiny and telling this to Destiny.. And when he fails in the summoning he would summon a little shit gundam figuer from that show I've forgotten the name of, instead of the little red frog (cant remember his name)...

lol..

But that wount happen.. So I just keep dreaming.. Or naruto (scottish accent) Groooows 3 feet taaall and schoots faiiiereballs out of his arse... like william wallace.. Im tired excuse me I have to go to bed!

Jadugar
Sat, 09-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Rasengan is much more all rounded jutsu than Chidori (IMO).