PDA

View Full Version : Duel, Buster or Blitz

aznimperialx
Tue, 07-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Blitz owned. It had Melee, mirage collid thingy and also had a shield which was also a beam saber, 3 missle things, and beam rifle thingy

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I liked Blitz to but i guess most of the technology used on Blitz got scrapped. No suit is using that stuff anymore, the mirage colloid would be cool to see on a bunch of suits tho, stealth is always nice to have.

aznroyale
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Blitz

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Duel - because I'm biased. It looked cool and had two different modes. I thought it was pretty cool that it got upgraded and all. Assault Shroud rules. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

All those three suits were awesome in their own right though. Blitz being able to cloak itself rocked. Buster's ranged expertise did too.
GAT series for teh win!

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:52 PM
duel because of everything terra said up there and because yzak pilots it. I say if they equipted the mirage cloaking to duel that would be extremely badass, becuase duel's main function was pretty much close range combat so he'd kill a bunch of people before they realize he was there.

cybercoin
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:04 PM
True...but Buster with Mirage would be cool. The only thing they see are beams coming towards them.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Duel, after rewatching GS, IZak became one of my favorite characters thanks to that.

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:18 PM
True, Duel with Assault shroud is pretty badass.

Curium
Tue, 07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
I liked Blitz to but i guess most of the technology used on Blitz got scrapped. No suit is using that stuff anymore, the mirage colloid would be cool to see on a bunch of suits tho, stealth is always nice to have.

Not completely true. After Blitz was destroyed, Orb recovered the Right arm that had been cut off including the Trikeros Weapon System and put it onto the Gold Frame Astray. Using that arm they managed to convert the rest of the suit to have Phase Shift and Mirage Coloid. As someone mentioned the Mirage Coloid has been restricted because it was banned along with nuclear MSs in the Junius 7 treaty. However it has been used twice in Destiny. First it was used on Girty Lue to hide right outside of Armory One, and now Destiny is using it to cause that after-image effect.

Oh, I don' t know if this is true, but just something interesting. Apparently the EAF had a lot of nuclear powered Mobile Armors before the war, but they became useless thanks to the Nuetron Jammers.

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:26 PM
True about the Gold frame and the Girty lue as well as Destiny but i meant on mass produced units. None of Blitz's technology made it on to mass produced suits.

Souryusen
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Duel for ep 49 alone.

Shields are for pussies anyway.

Curium
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ
True about the Gold frame and the Girty lue as well as Destiny but i meant on mass produced units. None of Blitz's technology made it on to mass produced suits.

This probably won't count as "Mass Produced", but it is a Dagger variation.

GAT-S02R N Dagger N (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/destiny-msv/gat-s02r.htm)

Enderz
Wed, 07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Blitz is the best it was awsome when it gets invinseble, just like athrun said blitz was made for kill the enemy quickly and the desing wasent bad either

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Yea or like Yzak and Deakka said "A coward suit for a coward pilot".

Everon
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Aegis was the coolest of them all, but between those three I would have to go with the unsung hero, Buster. Buster was most often the only mech to do some actual damage to Arcangel and open up opportunities for everyone else's attacks.

Yea or like Yzak and Deakka said "A coward suit for a coward pilot".
I think it was ballsy for him to use the mirage. A lot of times he used stealth during some heavy firefights. If he got hit by a stray shot then he would of been dead.

Well...sooner than later, I mean.

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Don't take shots at Nichol! He was both brave and a good person. The fact that his suits specialty was stealth and that he was a soft-spoken kid have nothing to do with each other. I honestly never saw Nichol acting cowardly in Seed and always wondered why Yzak and Deakka said that about him.

That being said I have to vote for the Duel. I love a melee fighter and he did kick ass against those EAF druggies. Buster was too shoot shoot shoot shoot. Blitz was cool too, but I love dual-wielding swords.

KapsLocked
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:43 PM
I like Duel the most out of all of them, because of its color scheme and the fact that there was nothing too special about it.

Though if I had to pick one in battle, I'd pick Blitz because I'd be able to sneak around and backstab. :3

Curium
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
I honestly never saw Nichol acting cowardly in Seed and always wondered why Yzak and Deakka said that about him.

I agree completely. If he had been cowardly, he could have left Athrun at greater risk (in his opinion at least) and left the Mirage Coloid on and attacked Strike. Instead he turned it off and attacked while visible giving Kira a chance to react.

drunkenmaster
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:50 PM
the fact that he told athrun to run and tried to save him is pretty brave to me!

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I think Yzak & Dearka were referring to his "war is bad" semi wimpy demeanor rather than his personality itself.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Aww come on i qouted what the characters said in the show and you guys goes on with "Don't take shots at Nichol i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif". Fuck don't be so uptight.

Splash!
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:36 PM
blitz, because i like the colour black and i believe that it is the only decent black gundam in GS and GSD. I personally hate the gaia. Also i think the frame design for the blitz is better than the duel or buster

blightian
Thu, 07-28-2005, 07:06 AM
a vote for blitz too!!! its a pity that its gone that soon. i'm sure that if the pilot was yzak, there would be more FIGHT in the series. blitz reminds me of deathscythe of wings. with the ability to camouflage itself. 4 limbs up for it!!

bigdaddy843
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:16 AM
yzak rocked ( he still does), however, I am gonna be a mavrick here and go Buster, cant get enough of blasting action with those 2 versitile guns.

john_doe_107
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:22 AM
duel is like the suckier version of strike. but it is pretty fast, so i think on balance, it is a good suit.
upgraded to assault shroud, its an excellent gundam.
buster, i didn't like the way it positions its guns, kinda mundane. plus it lacks melee weaponry, never a good idea.
blitz is cool, but apparently the weakest of them all.
yeah its got all this gadgets and weaponry
but i read somewhere despite that, its the weakest of them all. and its not just down to nicol.

so if it were me... i'd take duel's frame, fit in buster's shoulder missile pack and backpack, use blitz left and right arms.
and colour it ala athrun. now that would be something.

bigdaddy843
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
duel is like the suckier version of strike. but it is pretty fast, so i think on balance, it is a good suit.
upgraded to assault shroud, its an excellent gundam.
buster, i didn't like the way it positions its guns, kinda mundane. plus it lacks melee weaponry, never a good idea.
blitz is cool, but apparently the weakest of them all.
yeah its got all this gadgets and weaponry
but i read somewhere despite that, its the weakest of them all. and its not just down to nicol.

so if it were me... i'd take duel's frame, fit in buster's shoulder missile pack and backpack, use blitz left and right arms.
and colour it ala athrun. now that would be something.

Strange but interesting opinion of a combination suit.

naruto-kira
Sat, 07-30-2005, 03:17 AM
blitz is the coolest to me

Curium
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:28 AM
I don't feel like checking so it may or may not have been in this thread, but people were blasting Buster Gundam for it's lack of Melee weapons. I figure this is a good thread to contradict those comments.

I've been thinking about that, and I don't think that is a fair criticism. Keep in mind what was around when it was built. There were a total of 8 Mobile Suits that had any beam weaponry at the time it was built, the original 5 Gundams and the 3 Astrays. The only other things with beam weapons were war ships and fortresses, neither of which are meant for melee. Since the EAF didn't know about the Astrays, and they obviously didn't plan for the Gundams to be stolen, that would have meant that the Gundams would have been invincible (more or less) in MS combat. If enemy MSs got too close all they had to do really is punch the thing because the PS armor would protect it from any damage. The only melee weapons ZAFT MSs had were big metal swords which would barley annoy the Gundam.

A second arguement, they were all proto-types. They were experimenting with different designs. It could have very well been that they had intended to use suits like Buster for long range bombardment to soften up ZAFT bases such as Carpentaria and Gibralter to lower casualties on their side when it came time to sack those bases.

Marcis
Tue, 08-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Well, it is hard for me to decide.

Buster looks very mean - even it's "face" is mean i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
And ability to dock both weapons - well how can you dock railgun (substance gun) with beam cannon (particle gun) and what you get from it is beyond my understanding but ... oh well i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i guess i'll just accept it.
Pilot is a sniper, lay-down-and-relax personality.

Duel is simple "generic" Gundam - just beam rifle, beam saber and shield. Pretty generic. Plus Assoult Shroud upgrade later - nice boost to Duel's ranged firepower and defenses.
Pilot - oh well, kinda i-don't-take-shit-from-anyone kinda guy. Asskicker i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Blitz. Stealth warfare, infiltration, hit-and-run missions and such. And it is black! Black is cool.
Pilot is a bit should-we-do-it? person. Complements his Gundam.

I would say Blitz with Duel and Buster close behind. Really hard to tell all three apart.

aznimperialx
Tue, 08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
any of u guys realize

alie strike = ageis
sword strike = blitz
launcher strike = buster
and strike = duel

alukard
Wed, 08-03-2005, 01:45 AM
There are similarities between Strike and the Blitz as on the link however all the rest of the models are different. Aegis is the most unique of the 5 gundams and i prefer it the most.

The Duel suit was the first of the five built in GSD and stolen by Yzak. Being the first it was a test bed for the rest of the suits and later upgraded with assault shroud, adding extra armor plate to this prototype that is suited for close combat. This suit was used as a mold for the Strike, Aegis, Buster, and Duel.

Buster gundam was heavily weighted down by big guns and piloted by Dearka and was responsible for taking out a large number of older and obsolete suits that doesnt have phase shift armor ability.

Strike was the 3rd suit created with add-ons like the impulse. Made to adapt to various missions and backed up by parts that can easily snap out so that it could quickly adapt to that mission without being weighted down, is one of the fastest suit at that time. If all the parts are fitted together it would be completely immobile. Alie pack for when it needs to fly short distance, sword for melee, launcher for gunning down fleeing opponents and such. It was completely vulnerable when switching modes but deadly when the right gears are at hand.

The next to the last of the five suits made by Orb and EA and stolen by Nicol, Blitz has what none of the five suits had which is the Mirage. It is similar to Strike in that it has an anchor on its left arm which is similar to Strike's in its Sword Strike config. With little to no fire power it relies heavily stealth. At least Strike has a 15 meter blade while Blitz was listed as having on a sword beam or was it daggers?

Aegis is nothing like Alie Strike. It can enter mobile mode and is the only suit up to date to have a cannon capable of destroying a carrier in one shot. However the 550 mm cannon, "Scylla," is for a desperation attack only and should be used as a last resort. It is currently out of production. As far as i know the Alie Strike can fly for short distances and high-jump but the Aegis can fly in mobile armor mode.

Strike was just similar to the rest of the suits because it can adapt to certain roles and temporarily take a position as either a combat type or a heavy gunner. It was nothing like Aegis, and Duel was similar to it because it was the first and most underequipped of the 5 and resemble a strike gundum with no add-ons. The closest Strike Sword resembles was the Blitz but only from a description about an anchor. If that was what Athrun used to throw at Tolle during the fight which Nicol got slaughter than its not really that special. It just a disc that can be launched and thrown as a deadly short ranged projectile when beam weapons arent good enough. Aegis was the best of the 5 suits because it was the most versatile and even with heavy guns it still can enter modes unlike Strike without switching out. It was later destroyed and Athrun upgraded to the Justice gundam to persue Kira's new Freedom gundam when Aegis and Strike were both destroyed. It's was a next generation gundam with meteor & it was just used for attacking alot of gundams but was missing the 550 mm "Scylla" cannon. Justice has a nuclear reactor allowing it to be lighter than the battery operated Aegis and faster and could operate for as much as two times longer than standard suits. Even with those advantages, it was not much better except that it could use the phase shift a little longer against normal Jinn sabers (except against beam sabers) and could deflect smaller beams and the nuclear reactor allowed it to use the immensely power- draining meteor pack for long ranged attacks against weaker suits. Overall, Athrun has some of the heaviest gunned gundams and it suits him well because he's a sharp shooter. He would never need to fight toe-to-toe if he could take them out afar and if all else fails he can still has his trusty sabers. If i were to use it i could be the guy with the RPGs (Scylla) for taking out tanks (ships) and then if im still alive i could run away in mobile mode. It was a pity the Savior which resembles the Aegis the most of Athrun's suits was destroyed earlier than expected after only one or two battles. Mobile armor modes allow Aegis to run away when all is lost. Its better to run and live to fight another day then stay and be brought back in pieces.

Curium
Wed, 08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
There are several issues here.

Originally posted by: alukard
Buster gundam was heavily weighted down by big guns and piloted by Dearka and was responsible for taking out a large number of older and obsolete suits that doesnt have phase shift armor ability.

That is selling Buster short. It was for long range bombardment and sniping. It was quite effective even in ways it wasn't designed for (attacking the 8th armada). Obviously it has since been made obsolete, but it was really good in it's time.

Strike was the 3rd suit created with add-ons like the impulse.

I just have an issue with it being "like Impulse" since it came first. Minor issue, but I figured as long as I was typing this I would mention it.

launcher for gunning down fleeing opponents and such.

I don't agree with the statement about it being for gunning down fleeing enemies. It was primarily for large group of enemies, or long range. The time I felt it was most effective was the time it was on the deck of the Archangel and plugged in for power while firing.

Blitz was listed as having on a sword beam or was it daggers?

Blitz had it's Trikeros Offensive/Defensive system. It had a shield on it's right arm that had a beam rifle, 3 Lancer Darts (missles), and a full beam saber built in. Also based on what I've seen in Astray I believe that it also has a regular blade on the bottom of it.

Aegis is the only suit up to date to have a cannon capable of destroying a carrier in one shot.

Both Launcher Strike and Buster were capable of the same thing.

However the 550 mm cannon, "Scylla," is for a desperation attack only and should be used as a last resort. It is currently out of production.

It wasn't really a desperation attack, they just hadn't developed an efficient energy system yet at that time. The Scylla cannon was later used in the Calamity and Sword Calamity Gundams. Also Destroy had 3 "Super Scylla" cannons in it's chest. It is primarily out of production only because more powerful weapons have been built.

As far as i know the Alie Strike can fly for short distances and high-jump but the Aegis can fly in mobile armor mode.

I don't think Aegis acctually ever transformed into MA mode except to destroy Strike once it made it too Earth. If it could fly, why would he stay at the island where he met Cagalli rather then continue on himself, or better yet get out and attack Cagalli's Skygrasper that was attacking his transport.

Oh, you are right about the Aile Striker, at least the original. After SEED but before Desinty the Aile Striker pack used by Strike Rouge was upgraded to allow sustained flight.

If that was what Athrun used to throw at Tolle during the fight which Nicol got slaughter than its not really that special. It just a disc that can be launched and thrown as a deadly short ranged projectile when beam weapons arent good enough.

It was acctually the fight after Nicol died that Tolle was killed. The battle when Nicol died was pretty much over when his death took place. Also it was Aegis' shield that Athrun threw at Tolle to kill him, it wasn't any kind of "disc".

cannon. Justice has a nuclear reactor allowing it to be lighter than the battery operated Aegis and faster and could operate for as much as two times longer than standard suits.

First, I doubt a Nuclear Reactor would be lighter then a battery, but that is just my opinion I have no fact to back that up. Second, the faster is probably because ZAFT was able to develop better thrusters then the naturals in the EAF could. Third, with the nuclear reactor it could operate continuously as long as the pilot was able to continue. It wasn't limited to just twice as long.

Marcis
Wed, 08-03-2005, 03:44 AM
... and the nuclear reactor allowed it to use the immensely power- draining meteor pack for long ranged attacks against weaker suits.

METEOR unit has it's own power source and i suspect it's nuclear though i don't have any facts to back it up.
But it is clear it has it's own power source - when Kira left METEOR in ep 48 (i think) and went after Fllay you can clearly see METEOR flying arround under it's own power - following Ahtrun's unit. Seems that METEOR can be set in "auto follow" mode to follow another METEOR unit.
I doubt that Gundam, even a nuclear Gundam can power up all these weapons METEOR has.

aznimperialx
Wed, 08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by: Curium
There are several issues here.

That is selling Buster short. It was for long range bombardment and sniping. It was quite effective even in ways it wasn't designed for (attacking the 8th armada). Obviously it has since been made obsolete, but it was really good in it's time.

Strike was the 3rd suit created with add-ons like the impulse.

I just have an issue with it being "like Impulse" since it came first. Minor issue, but I figured as long as I was typing this I would mention it.

launcher for gunning down fleeing opponents and such.

I don't agree with the statement about it being for gunning down fleeing enemies. It was primarily for large group of enemies, or long range. The time I felt it was most effective was the time it was on the deck of the Archangel and plugged in for power while firing.

Blitz was listed as having on a sword beam or was it daggers?

Blitz had it's Trikeros Offensive/Defensive system. It had a shield on it's right arm that had a beam rifle, 3 Lancer Darts (missles), and a full beam saber built in. Also based on what I've seen in Astray I believe that it also has a regular blade on the bottom of it.

Aegis is the only suit up to date to have a cannon capable of destroying a carrier in one shot.

Both Launcher Strike and Buster were capable of the same thing.

However the 550 mm cannon, "Scylla," is for a desperation attack only and should be used as a last resort. It is currently out of production.

It wasn't really a desperation attack, they just hadn't developed an efficient energy system yet at that time. The Scylla cannon was later used in the Calamity and Sword Calamity Gundams. Also Destroy had 3 "Super Scylla" cannons in it's chest. It is primarily out of production only because more powerful weapons have been built.

As far as i know the Alie Strike can fly for short distances and high-jump but the Aegis can fly in mobile armor mode.

I don't think Aegis acctually ever transformed into MA mode except to destroy Strike once it made it too Earth. If it could fly, why would he stay at the island where he met Cagalli rather then continue on himself, or better yet get out and attack Cagalli's Skygrasper that was attacking his transport.

Oh, you are right about the Aile Striker, at least the original. After SEED but before Desinty the Aile Striker pack used by Strike Rouge was upgraded to allow sustained flight.

If that was what Athrun used to throw at Tolle during the fight which Nicol got slaughter than its not really that special. It just a disc that can be launched and thrown as a deadly short ranged projectile when beam weapons arent good enough.

It was acctually the fight after Nicol died that Tolle was killed. The battle when Nicol died was pretty much over when his death took place. Also it was Aegis' shield that Athrun threw at Tolle to kill him, it wasn't any kind of "disc".

cannon. Justice has a nuclear reactor allowing it to be lighter than the battery operated Aegis and faster and could operate for as much as two times longer than standard suits.

First, I doubt a Nuclear Reactor would be lighter then a battery, but that is just my opinion I have no fact to back that up. Second, the faster is probably because ZAFT was able to develop better thrusters then the naturals in the EAF could. Third, with the nuclear reactor it could operate continuously as long as the pilot was able to continue. It wasn't limited to just twice as long.

lol look at all his mistakes. Do u know anything about gundam seed?
and no i wasnt talking about the Ms actually being like each other i was refering as their abilities

alie = agies they both got the speed
sword = blitz they got Melee weaponss
launcher = buster they got long range
stike = duel (NOT AS) just slap a shield n rifle n u got the same MS just diff. color

alukard
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:28 PM
----

I havent watched the original GS in a long time. Lost all my d/ls. However im pretty sure that even if it cant fly it wasnt even operational. After he self-destruct he thought he killed Kira and his unit was badly burned (more like scrap metal.) He ejected out of the suit before it explodes them both. He found a radio in the water where he found his floating gundam pieces. There might be a head piece left or was that strike's, but i dont remember and even so it wouldnt even be operational. There was no way off the island period except to wait for a rescue crew. Later they must have been picked up by someone and thats where they conversed about why he tried to kill Kira in that little room somewhere on that island.

Curium
Fri, 08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
----

I havent watched the original GS in a long time. Lost all my d/ls. However im pretty sure that even if it cant fly it wasnt even operational. After he self-destruct he thought he killed Kira and his unit was badly burned (more like scrap metal.) He ejected out of the suit before it explodes them both. He found a radio in the water where he found his floating gundam pieces. There might be a head piece left or was that strike's, but i dont remember and even so it wouldnt even be operational. There was no way off the island period except to wait for a rescue crew. Later they must have been picked up by someone and thats where they conversed about why he tried to kill Kira in that little room somewhere on that island.

Just FYI, you are confusing the timeline. Athrun and Cagalli were stuck on the island together before the Archangel reached Orb. The final battle between Strike and Aegis was after they left Orb.

You are right about Aegis being scrapped though. There was nothing but random peices. He was rescued by an Orb team led by Cagalli.

Deblas
Fri, 08-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Blitz is awesome. I loved the design for it.