PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Tribe

Kenzaburo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I've been reading about Tokyo Tribe, a..uhm...sort of Manga by Santa Inoue. Thought it might be interesting, but I don't know where to get it. Anyone have some download resources for it? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Concerning Contents: As far as I know it is about an alternate Tokyo, that pretty much has a lot of "urban warfare" between streetgangs going on. The main character is Kai, leader of the Saru tribe, who's trying to do a livin' on the streets.
And no, this is not like Akira, no Neo-Tokyo or any Sci-fi stuff going on. It is about Urban, Street and HipHop Culture in a more violent Tokyo. And it is not precisely a manga, as it takes elements from american and european comics, too.
So, anyone who knows something more about it, post it...my interest got sparked, by the theme of the manga/comic as well as the soon to be released Michael Lau 6" Vinyls, woohoo.^^

EDIT: I don't care if you got the japanese originals or the translated version. Give me a source and I'll be grateful. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif