PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Some people wanted a topic like this since a G Gundam one has emerged so... type away!

Well uhh... I like the music... and Quatre was cool when he was insane in Wing Zero i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Trowa had some nice moments too I suppose.
Other than that, I liked the mechanics.

Everything else sucked. And Relena is the worst character EVER.
She makes me want to build a Hinata fanshrine, that's how much I hate her.

XwingRob
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I never really got the whole "two armies fight against each other in a huge ass battle, then no one wants to fight anymore" theory that Zechs had. Zechs must have never studied history...
But I thought the Gundams were cool. Though to be honest, I really can't remember much about Gundam Wing anymore. (So perhaps I misunderstood the final battle, hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

Curium
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:36 PM
When I was in the SEED-Fansubs IRC room earlier to get their version of episode 40 I noticed one person make this comparison between SEED and Wing. At least Wing never pretended that it wasn't a Super Robot show.

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Well heavyarms is a cool gundam and i liked the Tallgeese, Zechs and Trowa were alright characters i guess other than that there is not much i like about it.

In my opinion Deathscythe is a stupid suit as well as Wing Zero. Deathscythe got a beamscythe that works underwater which is bullshit and Wing Zero got a beamrifle strong enough to pulverize an entire colony with one shot.

The characters are nothing. The only background information we get on Heero is that he got his name from some important guy at his colony. The others got no story they are just there. They were given a name nothing more. Duo is an idiot in my opinion running around calling himself God of death seriously, i mean come on you are a fucking soldier not a kid coming up with a cool nickname.

Of course this is my opinion and i haven't seen the series in a while.

Mut
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
God damn, Duo is cool.

Curium
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
The characters are nothing. The only background information we get on Heero is that he got his name from some important guy at his colony. The others got no story they are just there. They were given a name nothing more. Duo is an idiot in my opinion running around calling himself God of death seriously, i mean come on you are a fucking soldier not a kid coming up with a cool nickname.

It doesn't help the anime any, but to be fair there is background on all 5 pilots in some of the manga releases. I will try to find it, I've got it somewhere.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:33 PM
It's too bad they limited their backgrounds to those manga releases, because some of them were actually quite interesting.

blightian
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:38 AM
i find wing zero's beam rifle exaggerating too. hey, you guys are missing epyon! the ultimate dragon gundam, with whips way cooler than tt funny whip of GOUF>

mind u, duo IS the god of death

Phoebus
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:41 AM
hepp, hepp, Duo is God of Death :-)

DeathScythe has to be the ultimate close combat Gundam, the beam scythe is just...way cooler then a beam rifle, and that he dosent take a "no" for a answer....

damn, u made me wana watch Wing...again...

cybercoin
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Yeah, Duo rules! I like the comments he makes.

" If you are joking, then it's not funny. If you are being sarcastic then it's even worse"
XD

Marcis
Tue, 07-26-2005, 06:11 AM
As for extended backgrounds of Wing pilots - watch Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz movie
It explains some of it

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by: Curium

It doesn't help the anime any, but to be fair there is background on all 5 pilots in some of the manga releases. I will try to find it, I've got it somewhere.

Then they should have put that in the anime. I think it would be alot better if they did.

No, Duo is not cool. Just face it, he calls himself "God of Death" and is serious, yes it's an anime whatever it is still stupid.

DDBen
Tue, 07-26-2005, 08:37 AM
I actually enjoyed wing for what it was really. Although there was absolutely no excuse for Relena to have ever existed she is truely the most worthless character ever. Also all of the pilots have some background in wing I definatly disagree that they all just show up. Given however Duo's is REALLY thin.

Overall as a show where robots blow things up and sell models the mech designs are all some of the best and it is one of the few series where its explained why Gundams are so feared. I don't believe any other series has them made out of a completely differn't Alloy then basically all the other mobile suits.

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Maybe i exaggerated abit but fuck they got virtually no character development as far as i remember.

DDBen
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Maybe i exaggerated abit but fuck they got virtually no character development as far as i remember.

I would say that Quatra, Wui Fei and Trowa all got a decent amount of developement. Duo and Hiro really didn't change at all during the course of the series however.

jing
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Duo is cool dammit.

Psyke
Tue, 07-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by: Phoebus
hepp, hepp, Duo is God of Death :-)

DeathScythe has to be the ultimate close combat Gundam, the beam scythe is just...way cooler then a beam rifle, and that he dosent take a "no" for a answer....

That title is reserved for the one and only King of Hearts.

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Long live the King of Hearts, Domon Kasshu! He'd own all the 5 Wing gundams blindfolded.

A decent amount of development is very vague. To me they didn't develop much at all.

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by: blightian
i find wing zero's beam rifle exaggerating too. hey, you guys are missing epyon! the ultimate dragon gundam, with whips way cooler than tt funny whip of GOUF>

in endless waltz, it became "tallgeese III" which had a beam rifle that was extremely...unusual. it looked like this (if memory serves correctly)

yey for my cheesy computer art!

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Once I saw a 5 pages long essay by some lonely pathetic female who wrote why she thought Duo called himself the God of Death.
I should try finding it again, it was seriously creepy.

Another thing I seriously despised about Wing was the influence of freakin' kids. Relena is what 15 and she becomes a queen at one point. Dorothy is 15 and manipulates Romefeller. All the Wing pilots are 15 and fucking wreaks havoc throughout the galaxy. So silly. Kids should sit down and shut up.

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:29 PM
What's acctualy funny is that they could use a gundam, but probably werent allowed to drive cars.

"you might not be able to drive yet, but at least you can use an enormous mobile suit that has the power to destroy countires!"

terra, zechs (1 of my favorite characters) was older, and he still kicked ass with a gundam.

heero's gundam's beam rifle seemed to get stronger for the last episode...like 10x stronger. in some episodes, its the size of the virgos, or tarus's but in the last episode, its bigger than a space colony.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Zechs = Char rip-off with mental issues (like suddenly switching sides and slashing apart colonies).
Then again, I can't blame Zechs for being weird - considering who his sister is.

cybercoin
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Good one XD

All she does is scream " Heeeeeerroooooo!"

Marcis
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

Originally posted by: blightian

in endless waltz, it became "tallgeese III" which had a beam rifle that was extremely...unusual. it looked like this (if memory serves correctly)

yey for my cheesy computer art!

It looked like it came straight from Macross universe, even the gun powering sound is the same as Macross cannon powering up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Astronopolis
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
the only thing noteworthy that came from wing were Hajime Katokis awesome mecha designs, who can forget the ever-present Leo?

Kenzaburo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Another thing I seriously despised about Wing was the influence of freakin' kids. Relena is what 15 and she becomes a queen at one point. Dorothy is 15 and manipulates Romefeller. All the Wing pilots are 15 and fucking wreaks havoc throughout the galaxy. So silly. Kids should sit down and shut up.

Word.
But seriously, WTF is up with all those kids doing shit in wars? It gets even worse, some days ago I was checking on some character description for FF VII chars. Now try to imagine my puzzled look, when I read that Cid Highwind was 32 years old and constantly called an old man...o_O WITH 32?!? Are they fucking nuts? 32 is a great age, not even close to being old...as long as you're not living in the dark ages or something. T'was even more astonishing regarding the fact, that FF VII had one of the "older" main chars, with Cloud being 21 instead of being a teen...

Sorry for the off-topic rant.^^

Freki
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow...I can't believe so many people hated Gundam Wing. It might be because I first watched the show when I was like 12 or 13 but I really liked it.(Now I get to try and defend it after having seen it 7 years ago) Relena did get annoying, but I think her becoming a leader was not totally outside the realm of possibility. I mean as far as most knew she was the last child of the ruler of a country so she became ruler. Also I think Dorothy was older then 15 since she played with Zechs and Tres as a child I would imagine she was their age not Relena's. I am also curious how old all the gundam pilots in SEED were and the ones in GSD are. It isn't like the real world has never had a situation where a child was put in power(although the names of any escape me now, I think King Tut was a kid). I think watching a show about mobile suits and space colonies then crying about the unrealistic nature of certain weapons in the show is also a little weird, I mean if you want the shows to be realistic then why not just drop all mobile suits and space colonies. Limit all fighting to modern day weapons and real world locations.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Damn Gundam Wing Bashers.. Only bashing of this series allowed is on Relena (and possible wufei..).. Oh and There is a manga called episode zero I believe ( I believe because its in my house somewhere) that has all the pilots stories..How Trowa went from Nanashi to Trowa Barton... and Why duo is called duo Maxwell along with why he looks like a priest.. and all the like.. A person shouldnt consider the gundam pilot as kids (except Quatre the pampered uke) since they were trained since their childhoods.. its like conditioning.. If I were to show someone starting from their Infancy dogs ripping people apart in front of them, they will eventually grow cold and this occurence will not phase them..

P.S.. oooh and all the great Yaoi fanfics that have spawned over the years from this series i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:03 PM
@Freki: I wouldn't compare King Tut to Gundam characters... also my problem with them all being kids is not necessarily that it isn't realistic. It just that it gets annoying when exactly everyone are grown up and are listening to kids. For example when Relena had those meetings with Romefeller, there was like a table full of old men & whatnot - and among them was Relena who talked about peace and blah blah. Then one of the old men said "Please Relena, help us!". And it just looks so infinitely silly that all these old men put all their hopes in the almost-haven't-entered-puberty bitch at the tip of table.

I'm fully aware of the fact that the japs enjoy making it so characters are unnecessarily young, and most of the time I don't even think about it (I mean most of the characters in Naruto are 12 - that's just silly). But when it in Wing becomes as prominent as it does, then I get irritated.

Also I am quite sure that you having seen it when you were 12-13 vastly shapes your view on the show - because I first saw DBZ at that age, and I know fully well that back then all we wanted to see were explosions and badass characters. If I saw Wing at that age - I'd love it too. And I'd prolly love it today because then it would be nostalgic for me. But I saw this with the mind of a grown up and was able to locate all the evident plot holes, thus confirming that it blows goatballs.

Originally posted by: Hikyuu
P.S.. oooh and all the great Yaoi fanfics that have spawned over the years from this series

I'll just pretend I didn't see that.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Terra, the romefeller foundation never had intent to use relena for peace.. They were just using her to manipulate the people of the colonies last I remember.. Though I could be wrong it has been some time since I have seen the show and dont have room to d/l it. Anyway.. Relena is like Miss America.. She wants peace in the world.. and for everyone to have a puppy.. that kinda sappy shit is why they used her as the figure head for their orginization ( All she was is their figure head) and if I recalled correctly use her bitch ass. Serves her right..

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah that's true, but it's even earlier in the series (and actually, it might not be Romefeller she spoke to - I can't remember... but at least it was a bunch of old guys). Not where she's being used as a figurehead.

Oh now I remember, she spoke to the fathers of all those girls that went to her Sanc Kingdom school. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Was that before or after the school was being attacked?

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Before.

Man, Relena is such a stupid bitch. "What? Defense? Why do we need that?"
*Romefeller attacks*
Relena: "Fuck that" *gives up*

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
See you cant use Relena to represent the Gundam wing series.. EVERYONE HATES HER.. and the Gundam pilots never really asked for much.. Give up or die.. Nothing wrong with an ultimatum. They werent big on speaches like that twit.. I can imagine if they were though people would listen or they would be shoulder vulcaned or beam cannoned into submission. I dont care how old you are, if someone is holding a gun to your head you are bound to listen.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Deathscythe is by far my favourite gundam from this series, the moment when DeathscytheHell just appears out of space and owns all those OZ suits was so great i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif One of the many reasons why i liked Abyss in SEED hehe, they are almost similar (of course, abyss had modes, but meh).

In any case, Gundam Wing was my first series, and i noticed the mobile suit/main character phenomenon. When they were fighting regular mobile suits, they seem to explode at the first shot or touch, but if a main character, say....Treize or Duo was operating one of those throw away mobile suits, it takes more damage and you actually see bullet holes and burns on it.

A very weird phenomenon indeed.

I agree....Relena = useless.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Don't compare Deathscythe to Abyss. Abyss is badass and got beams Deathscythe don't.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
If anything, shouldn't Deathscythe be compared to Forbidden?

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM
damnit.. need more room on computer.. for better.. anime ><" .. I wish I has some clue of what you guys are trying to compare Deathscythe tooooo...

Kenzaburo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:44 PM
They compare it to two other MS, Forbidden being from Gundam SEED and Abyss being from Gundam SEED destiny. They are being compared, because both MS got beamscythes, I think. At least Forbidden had one.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:48 PM
What about the pilots? are the pilots similar or are they just comparing the mechs?

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Forbidden didn't have a beamscythe, it was a real one. Also, Abyss had a trident thingy.

@Hikyuu: Shani (Forbidden), Auel (Abyss) & Duo (Deathscythe) are as different from each other as they come, so yeah we are just comparing the mechs.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Ok well if Abyss has a trident he should be more like.. Shenlong.. or Nataku..

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
I agree.

Goddamnit, I hate Wing even more now. All I get when I search for Noin hentai is a myriad of badly written yaoi fics.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
LOL ... Did you try typing her whole name in.. and using just google picture option? Her name is Lecretzia.. or something..

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
This was the show that got me into anime so it'll always have a warm place with me despite some of its glaring failures.

Yes, the characters were often shallow, unbelievably strong and developed at a snails pace (and the development seemed to disappear at times, leaving characters acting as if they were in episode 1 again)
Yes, children influencing major politics and major military figures was some unbelievable crap.
Yes, the Gundam pilots were designed as blatant attempts to get girls interested in Gundam.
Yes, the action scenes (apart from the couple of duels) are boring with recycled animation and lopsided as hell (group with newer models almost always wins)

But it deals with the political aspects in a way that I wish Seed and Destiny would try to do. Politics are hardly mentioned or brought up in Seed, whereas Wing had tons of coups, selfish military leaders hoping to make their own way, snotty aristocrats, noble avengers, loyal servants and a showed varying ideals in different political figures

Wing also had some cool Gundams, but didn't seem to fall into the "WE MUST SELL MORE MODEL KIT" craze that is beating the poor Gundam series now.

Also I thought that Treize Kushrenada and Zechs Merquise were some of the finest military leaders I've ever seen. If people like them ran our militaty today I could say I would serve with pride. Unfortunatley that is just anime...

KapsLocked
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Huh? SEED has no political intrigue? What are you talking about? What about all the propaganda that Gil Dullandial says and the fact that there's a fake Lacus Clyne?

I liked Wing, but as it drove on later in the series, I thought there was TOO MUCH politicals. At least, that's what I remember of it. Haven't watched it in some 5ish years.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:51 PM
The thing with Wing's politics is that about half of it actually makes sense - the other half is just thrown in there to make the series seem more intellactually refined than it actually is. (as quoted from mahq.net, since it's so true). Seriously, they make even the most simple thing sound complicated.

Narrator voice: Due to Operation *insert random name here*, people suffered deadly conflicts that nobody could stop
Translation: There is war

Narrator voice: Because of the sudden alignment switch of *insert any character here, because they all randomly switch sides*, the world once again suffered from internal conflicts not seen since *insert stupid event name here*
Translation: The manuscript author needs to be dragged out on the street and get decapitated

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey man dont fuck with operation meteor ;/ or operation.. crash colong l-5 into earth or w/e i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif... The narrator gave the show character.. Y\It takes skillz to say.. after colony blah blah blah.. time and time again..its how you know its Gundam Wing.. kinda like.. hearing naruto say Dattebayo...

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:59 PM
I think the "After Colony blah blah" part was recorded once then recycled

Operation Meteor sucked, the gundams are so damn strong so it was moronic to even hide them as shooting stars... just fly down by yourselves instead, you overpowered scrap heaps!

btw, I still haven't find any Noin hentai. :/

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:10 PM
pffft.. they can be beaten... I mean they have been blown up and cornered alot.. That wast the real operation meteor anywhooo...The earth sphere alliance would have been all over them like flies on shit.. when they crash landed.. that is why they were all hidden.. and I dunno what to tell you about the lack of hentai.. try looking for yuri?

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:25 PM
True but when they are damaged it's almost always by mobile dolls and they didn't exist in the beginning of the show i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Thats cause the mobile dolls rock.. and the Soldiers must not be getting payed enough to keep their lives.. so they bail out with a little injury then it just stays there till it 'splodes..oh and Since the gundams are made of Gundanium and the other suits arent that also helps the survival of them..

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Isn't it Relena who cries about that using mobile dolls is wrong or something like that? Can't remember who but i know someone cried about mobile dolls being used.

Curium
Wed, 07-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Isn't it Relena who cries about that using mobile dolls is wrong or something like that? Can't remember who but i know someone cried about mobile dolls being used.

Treize was against them.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
No she just cried because she is as useful as a used condum

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

Treize was against them.

Ah, they are almost the same anyway Wing characters both of them.

A used condom is way more useful than Relena it can do alot of things like uh.....hmm....... well it's better than Relena anyway.

Freki
Wed, 07-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Well we can all agree Relena was annoying and useless. I still like most of the show, and it was one of the shows that made me get back into anime. Its funny cuz now it seems everyone else hates the shows but back when toonami showed DBZ(although I actually hate almost everything in this show after they left Earth to go to Namek) and Gundam Wing was when I started watching anime on a more regular basis.

Oh Relena cried about all weapons not just dolls, I think Treize was the main force against using the dolls since he had a hard on for soldiers dying in battle, even remembered all their names if I remember correctly.

Motteh
Wed, 07-27-2005, 08:43 PM
i can perfectly understand all the malcontent against Wing because if it wasn't my first anime
i would probably feel the same
but even after rewatching it i still like it
because to me it's like a B-movie
just turn off your brain and watch it, for me it is enjoyable enough
but with both Seed and Destiny (for example) you need to keep your brain active
to understand what's going on
since Wing didn't have any confusing details/moves/twists in it

in short: my main reason why i like Wing is because it's cheap entertainment, nothing more, nothing less
(well maybe a bit of nostalgy)

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 09:47 PM
If your looking for a mind fuck in what your watching I reccomend Existenze..or w/e..but in terms of needing your brain to watch those shows.. Im veryu much inb doubt.. one my computer is fixed I will check first if this is the case..

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I just rewatched the ending - damn, I had forgotten how lame it was. So stupid.
What was the point of the whole series in the end? "Let's throw some random piece of a blown up space thingy at Earth!"
Also, what the hell is up with the looks of the scientists? They are so ugly it hurts, especially the one with a mushroom haircut.

The best thing about Wing is really that you can rant about it in all eternity. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Marcis
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Ending was rushed. But i must admit - Wing was the first Gundam i saw.
Then i went fully UC until G Gundam.

Hikyuu
Thu, 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I just rewatched the ending - damn, I had forgotten how lame it was. So stupid.
What was the point of the whole series in the end? "Let's throw some random piece of a blown up space thingy at Earth!"
Also, what the hell is up with the looks of the scientists? They are so ugly it hurts, especially the one with a mushroom haircut.

The best thing about Wing is really that you can rant about it in all eternity.

Damn straight we can rant about it for all eternity i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.. and they are their ugly-ness is what pushed them into the secluded and cold world that is science/ gundamology ;x

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I just watched Endless Waltz! (so sue me for never having seen it before)

And I must say I really liked it! The new gundam designs were badass, and the annoying bitch Mariameia got slapped AND shot. No complaints there! Also it was nice to find out about some of the pasts though I wish they'd include more of the stuff that seems to be in the manga. I partiularly liked Heero's past - sad, yet displays why he is the person he is. Also, Wufei finally became somewhat normal. In addition, Duo & Hilde hooked up as did Zechs (who is back to normal as well) & Noin. Heero also went away from Relena in the end which is good because she does not deserve a partner. I also liked the fact that Relena was practically absent in the whole movie.

Good stuff overall. Wing would have ruled if it only was this movie, they can get rid of the TV series altogether.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:16 PM
omg you never saw the movie i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, the movie is wat made wing good ( man altron custom is the shit isnt it XD)

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Deathscythe Hell custom was damn neat, I liked that they returned to the normal single-bladed scythe instead of the double-blade bullshit of the ordinary DH.
But yeah I loved ALL the new mechs. Many people hate Zero's wings, but I enjoyed those too.

Unfortunately, I don't think the movie made TV Wing good. I still think that sucks so badly - but the movie was great.

Curium
Fri, 07-29-2005, 12:19 AM
This took me 2 hours, I don't know when I will get the next part finished.

Front Cover (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=FCover.jpg)
Back Cover (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=BCover.jpg)
Wufei 1 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei1.jpg)
Wufei 2 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei2.jpg)
Wufei 3 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei3.jpg)
Wufei 4 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei4.jpg)
Wufei 5 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei5.jpg)
Wufei 6 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei6.jpg)
Wufei 7 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei7.jpg)
Wufei 8 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei8.jpg)
Wufei 9 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei9.jpg)
Wufei 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei10.jpg)
Wufei 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei11.jpg)
Wufei 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei12.jpg)
Wufei 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Wufei13.jpg)

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Wow, thanks a lot man. I read a synopsis on Wufei's story and considering that it was the one that was covered the least in Endless Waltz; it's great to be able to read it in it's entirety. Great work.

It's still a shame that they never bothered to include pasts in the TV series though, as it would have significantly increased the show's quality.

Curium
Fri, 07-29-2005, 02:38 AM
The remaining chapters are for Duo, Heero, Trowa, Quatre, Relena, the events leading up to the pilots ingnoring the real Operation Meteor, and one that takes place after Endless Waltz and they don't have their Gundams anymore.

Hikyuu
Fri, 07-29-2005, 06:30 AM
I shoulsd really find Episode zero in my room.. not that I dont remember waht happens in it.. its just comforting not to lose your stuff..

darkshadow
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:04 AM
thx a lot man, wufei is soo awesome

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:15 AM
So does that Episode Zero thing involve all pasts in one single book?

Edit: Please do Trowa next kthx

Hikyuu
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes, Terra, it does.. Its not intertwined with the series..

Jurojin
Fri, 07-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Endless Waltz was pretty sweeeeeeeeet, except for the idea that people were rallying behind a 12 year old >_> (if she was even that old)

Fave suits would have to be in this order:

1. Deathscythe Hell Custom
2. Heavyarms Custom
3. Wing Zero Custom
4. Tallgeese III
5. Sandrock Custom
6. Nataku

I was hoping they'd kill off Relena, tbo, but can't have everything...

Curium
Fri, 07-29-2005, 03:22 PM
So does that Episode Zero thing involve all pasts in one single book?

Edit: Please do Trowa next kthx

Like Hikyuu said, yeah its all in one book.

Sure I'll do Trowa next. Probably this weekend some time. Over the time it took to do Wufei I got better at the scanning, but it still takes time, plus having to edit some of the text near gap between pages so that it is readable.

Illrenmazou
Fri, 07-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Everything is horrible in Wing until they released an OVA/Movie. The mech design in E.W. rules! But honestly, who would put angelic wings on war machine?!

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-29-2005, 08:31 PM
@Jurojin: it's worse, she was 7 years old.

Freki
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by: Illrenmazou
Everything is horrible in Wing until they released an OVA/Movie. The mech design in E.W. rules! But honestly, who would put angelic wings on war machine?!

You know I could excuse the feather looking wings on Zero Custom if they didn't have them flapping through space and losing feathers as it did, for me it was this point when suit went from cool to goofy looking. The was my biggest complaint with Zero Custom, although having a gun the is to powerful for your suit is a pretty serious design flaw, although I suppose some of that is due to atmosphere and fighting Wu Fei but still.

Curium
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by: Freki

You know I could excuse the feather looking wings on Zero Custom if they didn't have them flapping through space and losing feathers as it did, for me it was this point when suit went from cool to goofy looking. The was my biggest complaint with Zero Custom, although having a gun the is to powerful for your suit is a pretty serious design flaw, although I suppose some of that is due to atmosphere and fighting Wu Fei but still.

Like you already said Freki it was already damaged from re-entry and the fight with Wufei, but also when it was fireing at the bunker pretty much all of the remaining Serpent suits were fireing on Wing Zero and it wasn't moving so it was an easy target for them to hit.

Freki
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:21 AM
Hmm i guess i forgot about the suits on ground, GW had me in the habit of ignoring any mass produced suits that went against a gundam, pretty much same way GSD has me looking past all the grunts that show up.

Curium
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Hmm i guess i forgot about the suits on ground, GW had me in the habit of ignoring any mass produced suits that went against a gundam, pretty much same way GSD has me looking past all the grunts that show up.

Don't forget though that it was 3 grunts that took out Chaos.

EDIT: Now that I think about, Gundams pretty much NEVER lose to grunts. They were losing in EW, and Chaos that I mentioned above, but I'm not aware of any others. I'll admit I haven't seen most of UC yet, but I don't think it happened there much if at all.

Hikyuu
Sat, 07-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Well, along with that oversized beam cannon... The recoil on the damn thing was peeling the shielding off Wing Zero Custom(above and beyond re-entry and the fire from the ground)... but eh.. that was probably in there somewhere..

darkshadow
Sat, 07-30-2005, 06:34 PM
if anything was damaged on re-entry, it was only the wings, the wings functioned as a shield just like the heat plating on the shuttle
its just that the buster was probably emitting way too much power ( like if something is really hot, it will burn you even if you arent even close to it ), thats probably what destroyed wing 0, cause he fired it lie 5 times or something ( cant remember ) and the first and the last shots were prolonged

Curium
Sat, 07-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
if anything was damaged on re-entry, it was only the wings, the wings functioned as a shield just like the heat plating on the shuttle
its just that the buster was probably emitting way too much power ( like if something is really hot, it will burn you even if you arent even close to it ), thats probably what destroyed wing 0, cause he fired it lie 5 times or something ( cant remember ) and the first and the last shots were prolonged

Acctually it only fired 2 maybe 3 times.

PSJ
Sat, 07-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Still it was quite obvious that the gun was to strong for the suit to use.

Freki
Sat, 07-30-2005, 09:01 PM
haha imagine the ending of GW if the gun was always that strong, Heero passes through atmosphere, fires on chunk of Libra, and then Zero explodes killing him...actually Heero has survived explosions and insanely high drops before, maybe they woulda had him fall to earth and make a crater like Wile E. Coyote as Libra explodes.

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Here is the next chapter, Trowa's. I still have Quatre, Heero, Duo, Relena, a story after EW, and a story about how each pilot changed Operation Meteor.

Trowa 1 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa01.jpg)
Trowa 2 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa02.jpg)
Trowa 3 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa03.jpg)
Trowa 4 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa04.jpg)
Trowa 5 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa05.jpg)
Trowa 6 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa06.jpg)
Trowa 7 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa07.jpg)
Trowa 8 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa08.jpg)
Trowa 9 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa09.jpg)
Trowa 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa10.jpg)
Trowa 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa11.jpg)
Trowa 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa12.jpg)
Trowa 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Trowa13.jpg)

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 04:37 AM
Fuck, Trowa (or should I say Triton Bloom?) is so cool.

Thanks again. Any chance of doing Duo's next?

Edit: By the way, Middie Une? Is that Lady Une as a kid or what?

Edit2: No wait nevermind, I forgot that Lady Une is older than Trowa.

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks again. Any chance of doing Duo's next?

Edit: By the way, Middie Une? Is that Lady Une as a kid or what?

Edit2: No wait nevermind, I forgot that Lady Une is older than Trowa.

With Middie Une, at the end of the book there is some notes about the creating of it. One says that Middie's relationship with Lady Une will forever remain a mystery. I will scan that stuff after I've finished all the stories.

As for Duo next, sure thing.

EDIT: There is one line in the summary of Duo's story that I think works better after seeing his part in the beginning of Operation Meteor. Thus I'm overruling the request to post that next and THEN Duo's story within 24 hours.

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 08:42 AM
haha imagine the ending of GW if the gun was always that strong, Heero passes through atmosphere, fires on chunk of Libra, and then Zero explodes killing him...actually Heero has survived explosions and insanely high drops before, maybe they woulda had him fall to earth and make a crater like Wile E. Coyote as Libra explodes.

Making a crater? He would just start rolling as he hit the side of a mountain and get away with a broken leg which he puts in place right afterwards, no big deal. Even if he broke his neck he would just put it in place.

Hikyuu
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey man dont discredit his mad tumbling skills i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif..

Marcis
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:15 AM

I think i also saw feathers when Strike Freedom did it's Evangelion-like posture...

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Name ep and time i seriously doubt they put feathers in SEED.

Marcis
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by: Jurojin

6. Nataku

Actually #6 is Altron then, after upgrade for space combat in a middle of GW series.
Distinctive feature: Nataku has beam javelin, Altron has beam trident aside from having backpack-mounted dual beam gun and other color scheme.

Marcis
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Name ep and time i seriously doubt they put feathers in SEED.

I will have to rewatch GSD then, please spare me this torture i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Some of last 10 i think...

BTW - i am the only one who saw Evangelion-ripoff in SEED and Destiny openings with Freedom's EVA-like pose with Kira and Lacus in foreground?

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:30 AM
That pose has been used since SEED. Strike Freedom first appeared in ep 39 was it? And hasn't appeared since so you'd have to watch one episode.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by: Marcis

6. Nataku

Actually #6 is Altron then, after upgrade for space combat in a middle of GW series.
Distinctive feature: Nataku has beam javelin, Altron has beam trident aside from having backpack-mounted dual beam gun and other color scheme.

Wrong.
It's the same suit, Altron is just an upgraded Shenlong - and therefore is still called Nataku by Wufei.

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 03:59 PM

6. Nataku

Wrong.
It's the same suit, Altron is just an upgraded Shenlong - and therefore is still called Nataku by Wufei.

Wufei called all his Gundams Nataku. However the particular version that Jurojin was refering too is specifically called Gundam Nataku. Even the model kit for it says Gundam Nataku on the box. The first 2 from the series were specifically called Shenlong and Altron on their model kits.

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm glad someone thought to share the mangas with everyone here.

It actually gives the characters depth and shows insight into their characteristics. I can't for the life of me figure out why none of the manga stuff was included in the series... Would have made for a hell of a lot more interesting development

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I am aware that this is a double post, but I felt this needed to be seperate.
EDIT: well it was a double post when I started this message, guess it isn't after all.

Duo's will be up within 24 hours.

Meteor 01 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor01.jpg)
Meteor 02 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor02.jpg)
Meteor 03 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor03.jpg)
Meteor 04 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor04.jpg)
Meteor 05 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor05.jpg)
Meteor 06 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor06.jpg)
Meteor 07 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor07.jpg)
Meteor 08 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor08.jpg)
Meteor 09 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor09.jpg)
Meteor 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor10.jpg)
Meteor 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor11.jpg)
Meteor 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor12.jpg)
Meteor 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor13.jpg)
Meteor 14 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor14.jpg)
Meteor 15 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor15.jpg)
Meteor 16 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor16.jpg)
Meteor 17 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor17.jpg)
Meteor 18 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor18.jpg)
Meteor 19 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor19.jpg)
Meteor 20 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor20.jpg)
Meteor 21 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor21.jpg)
Meteor 22 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor22.jpg)
Meteor 23 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor23.jpg)
Meteor 24 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor24.jpg)
Meteor 25 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Meteor25.jpg)

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
So that's where they got the Endless Waltz stuff I guess.

Man, people, imagine if the first episode of the show was the anime equal of the Meteor chapter that Curium posted. Then episode 2 would be the anime's episode 1. And then somewhere at occasional spots in series, they could have included character dedicated episodes with the boys' pasts. To top if off, make Relena less annoying. If all of that was done - Wing would be great!

I wonder where it went wrong, really. The pasts are well done, and so is Meteor when put in this light.
Wasted potential always makes me sad...

Ah well, thanks again for the efforts Curium.

Curium
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Duo

Only Heero, Quatre, Relena, and the post EW story left. Oh and the follow-up stuff from the writer and artist (which I'll do last).

Duo 1 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo01.jpg)
Duo 2 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo02.jpg)
Duo 3 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo03.jpg)
Duo 4 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo04.jpg)
Duo 5 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo05.jpg)
Duo 6 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo06.jpg)
Duo 7 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo07.jpg)
Duo 8 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo08.jpg)
Duo 9 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo09.jpg)
Duo 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo10.jpg)
Duo 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo11.jpg)
Duo 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo12.jpg)
Duo 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Duo13.jpg)

Illrenmazou
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:15 PM
About the overpowered Buster Riffle, I think Heero changed the settings to an extent that Wing Zero can be destroyed just to make sure that the shots can peirce the Bunker's Shield.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:24 PM
umm heero never did jack squat, all he ever did was install zero system, uninstall and reinstall.

Curium
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:01 AM
umm heero never did jack squat, all he ever did was install zero system, uninstall and reinstall.

He was talking about either before or during EW. Though I have always wondered where he picked the gun up. He didn't have it at all during the fight with Wufei.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:36 AM
I loved Duo's tale, he looked so cute in that little priest robe and it contained much interesting stuff overall. Like how he took the name Duo (he met someone named Solo, gotta love puns). Maybe someday I should rewatch Gundam Wing, it's bound to be a lot better now when you know the pasts of the characters (at least that's how it works for me).

Thanks once again Curium. Any chance of mister Raberba Winner next?

Curium
Mon, 08-01-2005, 12:55 AM
I loved Duo's tale, he looked so cute in that little priest robe and it contained much interesting stuff overall. Like how he took the name Duo (he met someone named Solo, gotta love puns). Maybe someday I should rewatch Gundam Wing, it's bound to be a lot better now when you know the pasts of the characters (at least that's how it works for me).

Thanks once again Curium. Any chance of mister Raberba Winner next?

Sure, Quatre is next.

And your comment about watching Wing again, the author acctually specifically advises that. This is one of the pages from the end of the book that I plan for the end. It even explains WHY these aren't in the TV series. You probably won't like the reason, but at least you have a reason now.

Postscript (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Postscript.jpg)

Marcis
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:04 AM
So that's where they got the Endless Waltz stuff I guess.

Man, people, imagine if the first episode of the show was the anime equal of the Meteor chapter that Curium posted. Then episode 2 would be the anime's episode 1. And then somewhere at occasional spots in series, they could have included character dedicated episodes with the boys' pasts. To top if off, make Relena less annoying. If all of that was done - Wing would be great!

I wonder where it went wrong, really. The pasts are well done, and so is Meteor when put in this light.
Wasted potential always makes me sad...

Ah well, thanks again for the efforts Curium.

Thank God they did not put Fukuda in Wing director's chair i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Curium
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Here is Quatre. I think you will be surprised. In my opinion, Quatre is the one that changed the most before GW. If it wasn't for the fact that he was apathetic he might have turned out evil without this story.

I don't know how much time I will have to scan before next weekend. May have a lot of time, I may not.

Only Heero, Relena, and the post EW stories remain now.

Quatre 1 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre01.jpg)
Quatre 2 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre02.jpg)
Quatre 3 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre03.jpg)
Quatre 4 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre04.jpg)
Quatre 5 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre05.jpg)
Quatre 6 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre06.jpg)
Quatre 7 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre07.jpg)
Quatre 8 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre08.jpg)
Quatre 9 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre09.jpg)
Quatre 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre10.jpg)
Quatre 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre11.jpg)
Quatre 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre12.jpg)
Quatre 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Quatre13.jpg)

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-01-2005, 03:23 AM
That was great, I really like the whole test tube thing and how it affected Quatre early on. Man, it feels like reading a whole other series when looking through this manga. That postscript was also very interesting and explains why the anime's pacing was sometimes plain hellish. Such a pity it is that scheduling can degrade work so much as it did with Wing. Anyway, it's fantastic how much they manage to tell us in so little pages, in Quatre's story the whole bond with Maganac as well as his goggles (heh) are explained. 29 sisters... omfg.

Just plain awesome.

Well now I don't have any more "please do X next", heh. Just be sure to end it with Relena as she is about as interesting as a rock.
Thanks once again.

Hikyuu
Mon, 08-01-2005, 06:41 AM
If I remember correctly... so is her Bio.. either that or I just skipped over since she sucks.. but they may have things from when she was a peacecraft stilll.. I dont remember since my book is hidden in my jungle -like room..

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Please don't scan the Relena one... what a useless hen...

Marcis
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:08 PM
That pose has been used since SEED. Strike Freedom first appeared in ep 39 was it? And hasn't appeared since so you'd have to watch one episode.

I made a little mistake.
It is Destiny not Freedom who has feathers flying arround. Watch opening #4 just before name of the show appears when Destiny stretches it's wings of ligt (Fukuda rips off UC again V2 Gundam had those already) you can see feathers flying arround... i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

And i know that Freedom's-Evangelion pose has been arround since SEED and i truly despise it. They probably stole it because "it looks cool" i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Curium
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Just be sure to end it with Relena as she is about as interesting as a rock.

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Please don't scan the Relena one... what a useless hen...

Since Terra and Masamuneehs obviously want it so much here is the chapter on Relena.

Relena 1 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena01.jpg)
Relena 2 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena02.jpg)
Relena 3 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena03.jpg)
Relena 4 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena04.jpg)
Relena 5 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena05.jpg)
Relena 6 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena06.jpg)
Relena 7 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena07.jpg)
Relena 8 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena08.jpg)
Relena 9 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena09.jpg)
Relena 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena10.jpg)
Relena 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena11.jpg)
Relena 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena12.jpg)
Relena 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Relena13.jpg)

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 02:23 AM
lol, bastard.

Ah well, at least Zechs' Quattro-ish glasses were cool.

Curium
Tue, 08-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Yep. Well there was also the fact that Heero's is twice as long almost.

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-02-2005, 06:40 AM
Thank god for cameos.. without them I dont think i would have made it through her story.. a second time..

alex_milliardo_zilch
Wed, 08-03-2005, 03:48 AM
hi everyone,
newbie here i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
i've read the previous posts in this topic, yah, though i hate to admit, since GW is the second anime i consider best and i like the most out of all anime from the past that i have watched, come to think of it, evrybody's comment on GW here is true. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif I watched it when I were in my teen days, but never got the impression that somehow, the characters' development in the show is really very weak. Aside from that, the angelic wings of zero custom, though i like it so much until now, ain't possible for a war machine. It doesn't seems to fit. oh well, that's all, but as a whole, i still love its story, simply awesome for an anime. I know there are many more good anime outhere but i guess this show gives me nostalgic moments, hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
GS and GSD, are so far running good, these are also my fave. just a thought, i like the idea of GW ending the war and ending the show itself in Endless Waltz, the idea of destroying all weapons of war and even self destructing the gundams in the end. Esp. the narated part of Endless Waltz in the end of the movie, where it says that gundams remain as a memory or something... and war never happens again... stuffs like that... though its too idealistic, but i surely think that idea is great. and i hope gsd would come up with something like that or more... i just hope the ending of GSD can be as good or surpass that of GW.
Well, these are just some of my random ideas...i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the forums Zilch!

I was totally in the same place you are for a long time, defending Wing against people who'd seen lots of other Gundam and lots of other mecha anime in general. But after going out there and trying alot more shows, I've seen some of Wing's flaws, but also learned to appeciate some of its better aspects. If you like Gundam you need to see the original series (if you haven't already) 8th MS Team, and naturally take a look at Evangelion and Escaflowne too.

Curium
Thu, 08-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Another mecha show that I really enjoyed was Vandread (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=177). Also I'm still trying to find someone to sub and/or release the dub of Mazinger Z (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=950). Wolf Pack Productions & TV Nihon released episode 1, but all the other eps are only available in Spanish.

alex_milliardo_zilch
Thu, 08-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanx masamuneehs, i never had the chance to watch the 8th MS, but heard of it, i think its good, but a little old though. That is the very first gundam show right? Don't know anyone who have a copy of that series. As for Evangelion too. I wish i can find someone who have those series whom i can borrow. Got low funds to buy right now. Escaflowne is great, i love it too. Its music is very nice, esp. the mystic eyes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Vince Flyte
Thu, 08-04-2005, 01:19 AM
---AFTER READING THE SCANS---
Wow now I'm interested in watching Gundam Wing again!

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-04-2005, 01:20 AM
The first gundam show was Gundam 0079 or simply Mobile Suit Gundam.

The 08th MS Team is an OVA from 1996.

alex_milliardo_zilch
Thu, 08-04-2005, 01:39 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
never heard of it. give some url and sites of Gundam 0079 please. i like to search for it, just curious what show did all these gundam idea came from. I mean what is the very first series of Gundams. It's very nice. the Gundam shows i've watched so far are, G, GW, GX, GS, and now GSD i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Here's everything you need to know. (http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/gundam.htm)

There's lots of other Gundam info there too. Awesome site.

Curium
Thu, 08-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by: alex_milliardo_zilch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
never heard of it. give some url and sites of Gundam 0079 please. i like to search for it, just curious what show did all these gundam idea came from. I mean what is the very first series of Gundams. It's very nice. the Gundam shows i've watched so far are, G, GW, GX, GS, and now GSD

Well you seem well versed in AU Gundams. Just have to suffer through the UC stuff.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-04-2005, 04:49 AM
If by suffer you mean "watching a couple of series made back in the good old days when the purpose of the shows weren't to sell model kits", then yeah, suffer through UC. ;D

Psyke
Thu, 08-04-2005, 07:01 AM
I admit that Wing was the series which got me into modelling, although it was till Seed that I seriously began to invest in it as a hobby and bought an air brush.

I've seen: ZZ, 0083, V, G, W, X, 8th, S, SD

masamuneehs
Sat, 08-06-2005, 01:38 PM
By the way, I've been meaning to ask this for the Wingers: What were your favorite and least favorite MS / Gundam in Wing?

My personal favorite is the Tallgeese II. A politician going out in a dueling oriented MS and personally leading the charge into battle, can you get any better?

Least favorite: Heavyarms. Trowa was a great character, but he got stuck with one ugly Gundam. And when some of the other Gundams got improved later in the series, his only got an additional Gatling gun. Lameo. The Serpent variations and Heavyarms Kai from Endless Waltz were alot better tho.

Curium
Sat, 08-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Heero 01 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero01.jpg)
Heero 02 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero02.jpg)
Heero 03 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero03.jpg)
Heero 04 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero04.jpg)
Heero 05 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero05.jpg)
Heero 06 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero06.jpg)
Heero 07 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero07.jpg)
Heero 08 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero08.jpg)
Heero 09 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero09.jpg)
Heero 10 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero10.jpg)
Heero 11 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero11.jpg) - Good peice of advice at the end of this page.
Heero 12 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero12.jpg)
Heero 13 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero13.jpg)
Heero 14 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero14.jpg)
Heero 15 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero15.jpg)
Heero 16 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero16.jpg)
Heero 17 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero17.jpg)
Heero 18 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero18.jpg)
Heero 19 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero19.jpg)
Heero 20 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero20.jpg)
Heero 21 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero21.jpg)
Heero 22 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero22.jpg)
Heero 23 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero23.jpg)
Heero 24 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero24.jpg)
Heero 25 (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=Heero25.jpg)

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Pretty nice too. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Heero's mentor was an assassin, ironically the one who killed the real Heero i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-09-2005, 12:32 PM
See, Gunddam Wing Has plenty of depth i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.. you just have to be a fan to know about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif..

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Nah, it doesn't. Not Gundam Wing itself. It gains depth by sidestories which you have to read, as a stand-alone series it's still just an empty shell i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:33 PM
pffft i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif .. times 2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: Though I dont think those are side stories.. Sides sotries are stories which barely if at all fit into the plot of a story. They also dont have any impact on the happenings.. These were backgrounds which obviously affected the story because it was why all the characters were the way they were (awesome)..

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Wow, that was a fast reply. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah I know.. I have no life when Im at work >>
EDIT: posting is the only thing keeping me awake

Curium
Tue, 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Nah, it doesn't. Not Gundam Wing itself. It gains depth by sidestories which you have to read, as a stand-alone series it's still just an empty shell

Well don't forget these were supposed to be a part of the series. We need to hunt down who ever invented the idea of a production schedule.

Hikyuu
Tue, 08-09-2005, 05:31 PM
W00t MAN HUNT i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif man hunt ^_^

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Did someone call a beat-down on dumbass anime producers for their shoddy work during Wing?

*grabs brass knuckles, wooden sword and knife*

Can we also go fuck up the idiots who are currently writing the Naruto filler?

*Buys plane ticket*

Oh, and I can't read Japanese.... Can anyone tell me where a "Fukuda" lives? That man I will not kill, until I rape him with a giant metal war machine and film it all (and then make a sequel, naturally, to sell more model kits)

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I sense some hostility in you Masamuneehs i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

alex_milliardo_zilch
Wed, 08-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Did someone call a beat-down on dumbass anime producers for their shoddy work during Wing?

*grabs brass knuckles, wooden sword and knife*

Can we also go fuck up the idiots who are currently writing the Naruto filler?

*Buys plane ticket*

Oh, and I can't read Japanese.... Can anyone tell me where a "Fukuda" lives? That man I will not kill, until I rape him with a giant metal war machine and film it all (and then make a sequel, naturally, to sell more model kits)

I agree with you there masamuneehs i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif the fukuda thing and narutor filler writers...

Astronopolis
Wed, 08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
between Life and Death is just a mere dash.... and that dash is what we call life...

i couldnt help but find this sig humorous

alex_milliardo_zilch
Tue, 08-23-2005, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis
between Life and Death is just a mere dash.... and that dash is what we call life...

i couldnt help but find this sig humorous

I got that sig from an article i read. The article talks about the word written in graves. When someone dies the graves usually have their name carved to it, with their birthday dash their day of death.. and that dash is the life of that person when he was alive.. something like that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ChaosK
Wed, 08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
you know, after about 90 episodes of GS/GSD i finally realized that the system in freedom that obliterates everything is very much similar to the zero system.

Curium
Wed, 08-24-2005, 07:27 PM
you know, after about 90 episodes of GS/GSD i finally realized that the system in freedom that obliterates everything is very much similar to the zero system.

Well to be fair, only about 60 of those should count since Freedom wasn't introed until around episode 30 of Seed.

Strike Freedom
Sun, 08-28-2005, 08:37 PM

How is that so? I'd like to know more about this, very intriguing! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by: Strike Freedom

How is that so? I'd like to know more about this, very intriguing!

I'm just putting down a guess here, so don't flame me if I'm incorrect.

I believe the similarities that he is talking about between Zero System and Freedom/ SF is the role of the computer in enabling the pilot to battle multiple opponents at once. I know that the Zero system interacted somehow with the pilot to unleash their greatest fighting potential (with some mental side-effects) and that the Zero system would come up with different strategies and tactics based on the pilot's ability and the situation in battle.

BUT, the bottom line was that Zero System was supposed to take the path that led to "total victory" (or if the pilot was attuned to destruction) "utter defeat of one's enemies") It did so by interfacing the computer with the pilot's mind.

There is no known pilot-computer interface in Seed or Destiny (although I'm unsure about the Destroy) at least not in Freedom or SF.

I believe Chaoskiddo was referring to the way that once the Zero System came around in Wing, whoever piloted it was never going to be defeated (though they might go insane) and that the suit was virtually invincible in MS combat. Freedom certainly exhibits lots of unbelievable power and also seems to win entire battles all on its own. Freedom also has the system that locks on to multiple enemies all at once (even though I never see any of the acquired targets moving on Freedom's panels, they seem to just be all standing still! Cough*BS) and that is similair to the Zeros ability to handle multiple enemies by using the computer.

But in Seed and Destiny the pilot's ability is stressed much more than the actual Gundam's abilities, limitations and systems. We're actually quite in the dark about how a Gundam can so precisely target multiple MOVING enemies and hit them all at the same time (even shifting the aim to disable them, without any accidental kills) To me it seems impossible for even Kira to shoot down a dozen + MS in one moment... but then again Seed is more about the pilots having superhuman abilities, Wing was more focused on ideology, MS limitations & honor.

Mut
Tue, 08-30-2005, 11:33 PM
SEED and Destiny gundams lack the ZERO system. Which gives the pilot several outcomes to a fight or any part of it, and the pilot chooses one of them. Basically, it sees the future while driving you completely insane.

Kinda like the sharingan, but gundam style.

Curium
Wed, 09-07-2005, 12:24 AM
http://photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=ZerovsNataku.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b392/Curium255/?action=view&current=ZerovsNataku.jpg)

I was thinking about posting this in the "funnies" thread, maybe I still will.

Necromas
Wed, 09-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
I never really got the whole "two armies fight against each other in a huge ass battle, then no one wants to fight anymore" theory that Zechs had. Zechs must have never studied history...
But I thought the Gundams were cool. Though to be honest, I really can't remember much about Gundam Wing anymore. (So perhaps I misunderstood the final battle, hehe )

The Point was that it, being a conflit involving the entire human race, not simply a world war involving a bunch of countries, but a war involving the entire planet and the colonies of space itself, such a massive and devestating war would literally scare peace into the world.

masamuneehs
Thu, 09-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: Necromas

Originally posted by: XwingRob
But I thought the Gundams were cool. Though to be honest, I really can't remember much about Gundam Wing anymore. (So perhaps I misunderstood the final battle, hehe

The Point was that it, being a conflit involving the entire human race, not simply a world war involving a bunch of countries, but a war involving the entire planet and the colonies of space itself, such a massive and devestating war would literally scare peace into the world.

That was also his thinking behind dropping Libra onto Earth. In Wing it was portrayed like a colony drop would not totally kill off everyone on Earth, but scar it and usher in an devestatingly harsh age of extreme climates. Zechs' theory was certainly not the best, but I can understand where he was coming from, given his history with Sanq and OZ. I still respect him for challenging Treize to that duel, trying to stymie the Great Battle that he was later forced to try to create... Too bad Endless Waltz totally made him a suckup to the Gundam pilots... What horseshit.

LokeXero
Thu, 09-08-2005, 05:47 AM
That was also his thinking behind dropping Libra onto Earth. In Wing it was portrayed like a colony drop would not totally kill off everyone on Earth, but scar it and usher in an devestatingly harsh age of extreme climates. Zechs' theory was certainly not the best, but I can understand where he was coming from, given his history with Sanq and OZ. I still respect him for challenging Treize to that duel, trying to stymie the Great Battle that he was later forced to try to create... Too bad Endless Waltz totally made him a suckup to the Gundam pilots... What horseshit.

In Ep 46 Trieze challenged Zechs to a duel, not the other way round, Zechs refused Triezes request and then rattle off his speech about how he'd solve the war...

ChaosK
Sat, 09-17-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah the evil plot in gundam wing was disappointing it was basically "I'LL CRUSH THIS ANT COLONY WITH A BIG ROCK, not all will die, but they'll be crippled and their whole enviornment will be destroyed, we'll start from scratch and in another milenium we'll do it again."

tallgeese III was cool though zech didnt kill anyone...thats gay. endless waltz totally sucked, the idiot daughter of treize was doing the exact oppiosate of treize

treize: i'll fight for the earth
daughter: i'll hide underground and destroy the earth.

the coolest part was probably seeing wing zero's wings lol. and of course everybody else's upgraded gundams but besides that it sucked... (i dont remember much mroe than that so i say it sucked) oh but i do remember heero shot some barrier like 5 times to get underground to find relena.

Curium
Sat, 09-17-2005, 01:03 AM
treize: i'll fight for the earth
daughter: i'll hide underground and destroy the earth.

Keep in mind that his daughter was a stupid kid being manipulated by her grandfather.

the coolest part was probably seeing wing zero's wings lol. and of course everybody else's upgraded gundams but besides that it sucked... (i dont remember much mroe than that so i say it sucked) oh but i do remember heero shot some barrier like 5 times to get underground to find relena.

I like Wing 0s accuracy rating. Can't remember the exact number, but it was a fraction of 1%. No arguing with that AimBots ability.

Marcis
Tue, 09-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Heero hit exactly the same spot 3 times

LokeXero
Wed, 09-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Yet he moves the aim point of his busters on the third shot so i think he has a damn good aimbot.

Curium
Wed, 09-28-2005, 11:09 PM
NOTICE: anyone who wants the scans of Episode Zero that I posted, you only have a few days left to save them. I will be deleteing them soon.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 10-12-2005, 08:20 AM
I still find Wing better than seed and destiny cause the characters doesnt annoy me as they do in seed and destiny. I mean the top five most annoying characters in anime are from seed and destiny with shinn bieng nr.1....

Also i liked wing that they didnt focus so much on one characther like seed and destiny did with Kira and Shinn. omg all the flashbacks in destiny about shinn family....

By the way im listing to just communication from Gundam Wing right now,the best song in the gundams i have seen so far.

RyuNaruto
Sun, 10-16-2005, 06:48 AM
OK, I've heard a lot of people say, and maybe not here but else where, that GW was not long enough, that they should've had a sequal, and that in EW it was stupid that Wing got destroyed and that no one used mobile suits ever agian. Well let me tell you people if you ever come here. GW was long enough, it had a story that we well explained, sure it had some holes, but who really cares, you're just nick-picking. A squal could've gone either way, good or bad, it was a risk and not one took it, and guess what, no one really complained. EW was not stupid, Wing getting destroyed was fore-see-able, if you actually paid attention during GW, WIng and Zero usually got the hell beat out of them. And the thing about not using mobile suits ever again.....ITS THE MOST LOGICAL COURSE OF ACTION, PEOPLE WANT PEACE!

Well, that's about it. Sorry for the random rant. Just had to get it out of my head, hope you all understand and don't flame me for it. If I missed anything, please by all means, mention it.

PSJ
Sun, 10-16-2005, 08:53 AM
GW had more than "some holes", there were holes the size of the atlantic. And destroying the gundams isn't such a logical action, people don't want peace, mankind has been fighting wars since we left the caves.

Terracosmo
Sun, 10-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I still find Wing better than seed and destiny cause the characters doesnt annoy me as they do in seed and destiny. I mean the top five most annoying characters in anime are from seed and destiny with shinn bieng nr.1....

Also i liked wing that they didnt focus so much on one characther like seed and destiny did with Kira and Shinn. omg all the flashbacks in destiny about shinn family....

By the way im listing to just communication from Gundam Wing right now,the best song in the gundams i have seen so far.

All of those faults are from Destiny... nobody were annoying in Seed, at least not on the level of, say, Relena.

C'mon you can't be serious when saying that Relena isn't even on the top 5 of annoying Gundam chars

Marcis
Mon, 10-17-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by: LokeXero
Yet he moves the aim point of his busters on the third shot so i think he has a damn good aimbot.
... which was probably sold later to Kira...

LokeXero
Mon, 10-17-2005, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by: LokeXero
... which was probably sold later to Kira...

or Mwu, whoever heard of reflecting beams straight back at who shot them no matter where they move...

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-17-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm doing my damn best to stifle the rant of insults my mind readily composes when thinking about Destiny (in regards to the two above posts)

So instead, I'm going to go out and pose a question to the forum, one that is sure to be unpopular with the people here.

I have a friend (female) who swears and swears and refuses to give up on the idea that some of the characters in Wing are supposed to be paired together (yaoi, shounen-ai, call it whatever you want) and that while there is no concrete evidence in the show itself there are numerous hints and sublties in Wing that clearly point to this.

Now, I was quite sceptical about this, but after listening to her for so long I'm almost willing to buy it, for Trowa and Quatre at least. I don't know what it is but Trowa especially treats Quatre in a totally different way than the other pilots, and even though you never see it, I can't shake the feeling that the director or whoever wanted to really make it seem like they were supposed to be together (or maybe just to get a fangirl bastion)

Where do you all rank in on this? <u>Please try to keep the discussion civilized!</u>

kapia
Sat, 10-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Now, I was quite sceptical about this, but after listening to her for so long I'm almost willing to buy it, for Trowa and Quatre at least. I don't know what it is but Trowa especially treats Quatre in a totally different way than the other pilots, and even though you never see it, I can't shake the feeling that the director or whoever wanted to really make it seem like they were supposed to be together (or maybe just to get a fangirl bastion)

Hi everybody, I'm obviously new and this is oficially my post #1
I don't know if Trowa and Quatre are together but they sure treat each other in a very "suspicious" way...other couple I've seen in a lot of pages is Heero-Duo, can someone explain this to me? because I didn't see a thing between this two gundam pilots, besides I always thought that Duo and Hildre were together.

P.D: I apologize for my english but is not my native languagei/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif...

RedX1z
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:50 AM
i don't know why everyone is saying weird things, but here's how it goes, or how i think it goes, if i'm somewhat wrong, forgive me..

heero and relena
duo and hilde
trowa and no one(don't think catherine, because that his sister..or so i hear..)
quatre and no one
wufei and sally?

trojancow101
Thu, 11-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Ive never ever seen Gundam wing endless walts and want to soooo badly can any onesend me a link for a free download

DeathScytheHCv2
Sat, 11-12-2005, 02:21 AM

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

All of those faults are from Destiny... nobody were annoying in Seed, at least not on the level of, say, Relena.

C'mon you can't be serious when saying that Relena isn't even on the top 5 of annoying Gundam chars

I second terra on his/her vote of Relena to be in the top 5 of most annoying Gundam chars. I hated, and still hate, all her pacifism stuff. "If you want peace, prepare for war" I dont know who said this but it was a shame that Relena understood it at the end of Endless Waltz and not before.

Dunpar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 12:03 PM
ahh come on the fillers art THAT............ bad...... i mean at least they give the show some side info and we do see hinata dancing on the water..... but yea i want the damm thing to speed up too.... and yea give him a hit for me...

Dunpar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 12:04 PM
ahh come on the fillers art THAT............ bad...... i mean at least they give the show some side info and we do see hinata dancing on the water..... but yea i want the damm thing to speed up too.... and yea give him a hit for me...

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 12-03-2005, 01:50 PM
wrong thread man, and you double posted....

RedX1z
Tue, 12-13-2005, 10:06 PM
out of all you people here, who actually thinks the idea of gundanium alloy is sane?

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Dumb question.

Obviously Gundanium alloy is not a real thing. Its like the Hercules of metals...

There won't ever be such an alloy, not at least for another hundred years.

However, the idea that such an alloy might be used to change the nature of war from "Kill as many enemies as possible in one strike" to any more progressive battle tactic is noteworthy.

RedX1z
Wed, 12-14-2005, 10:26 PM
i know it's not a real thing, i'm just saying..the idea of a gundanium alloy being the ultimate metal seems too plain-ish. but then again, it's very old, so, no point in complaining. every anime has something to make their mech "special", but what's so special about the gundams in wing, in seed, their gundams were unique with 'phase shift armor' or evangelion..which i can't seem to remember at the moment. but again, gundanium alloy is just described as a strong metal which can only be refined in space. and also, i'm sorry to forget that this this is too damn old.

Meehlimo
Mon, 02-27-2006, 12:59 AM
The point of gundanium was that no OZ or aliance suit at the begining of wing has the power to touch the gundams thats y they were armored with it. It wasnt till later that OZ had the weaponry to damage them effectivly
either way its a fact that any suit made of gundanium would be stronger its like a phase shift thats doesnt run on power.

Necromas
Mon, 03-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Gundam Wing had some pretty nice mecha in it, my favorites:

Gundam Heavyarms Custom: Man, this thing has gatling guns (my favorite kind of gun) and swarms of missiles (my favorite means of causing an explosion is by swarms of missiles, not just one) comming out of it's ass, and of course, an army knife for making with the stabby. And it just looks cool.

Mercurious: It's got those planet defensors that can form an energy shield, be used as ball lightning like projectiles, be formed into a lightning whip, etc.... AND it has a buckler that has a huge ass beam saber inside it. and of course, an SMG. Also looks cool.

Gundam Deathscythe Hell: It's a gundam, with giant devil wings that can wrap around it as an armor shell/cloaking device, and it has a huge ass scythe, need I say more? Oh, and it has the shield that can be fired as a beam drill projectile. Also looks cool.

Serpent: A big ass mobile suit with big ass guns, either a double gatling gun like one of heavyarms 2 double gatlings, or a huge beam cannon, and it has big enough jets to allow it to hover, oh, and it has swarmer missile packs.

Other suits I thought were cool: Aries, Tauros, Virgo I and II, Tallgeese, Nataku, Sandrock Custom.

P.S. Custom/Hell versions of the gundams, and the serpents are mobile suits from the Gundam Wing movie, endless waltz, the gundams are basically the ones from the series, except beefed up a bit.

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 11:59 AM
This is one of my top 3 all time favorite series'. I liked the plot, and the different charactors, especially zechs.. he was such a bad ass.

out of all you people here, who actually thinks the idea of gundanium alloy is sane?

I think its alot better than G U N D A M as an ever changing acronym like in SEED, even though seed was awesome as well. and going back to Wing after SEED... wing seems so very old and grainy haha

NomoZ
Sat, 03-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Most special units in UC were made from gundarium alloy, starting with the Rick Dias and Hyaku Shiki.

rockmanj
Sun, 04-01-2007, 12:37 AM
i don't know why everyone is saying weird things, but here's how it goes, or how i think it goes, if i'm somewhat wrong, forgive me..

heero and relena
duo and hilde
trowa and no one(don't think catherine, because that his sister..or so i hear..)
quatre and no one
wufei and sally?

funny thing about wufei...he's a widower; he was engaged to be married before he became a pilot. And yea, Trowa and Quatre were pretty gay; i mean look at how they dressed and acted towards each other, and Quatre was quite a soft man.

itadakimasu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 10:05 AM
one scene that will always stick in my head is right before zechs mask breaks and he is in the tallgheese, and he's owning these guys and it cuts to him saying "FOOOLS!" so classic.

SB0083
Tue, 12-02-2008, 03:08 PM

heero and relena
duo and hilde
quatre and no one
wufei and sally?

Ugh, can't stand that everyone has to pair someone up with someone else. In any case, the most efficient pairings I've seen are as follows:

Heero Yuy and Relena Peacecraft
Duo Maxwell and Hilde Schbeiker
Trowa Barton and Midii Une*
Quatre Raberba Winner and Dorothy Catalonia
Wufei Chang and Sally Poe

*Midii Une was only featured in New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Episode Zero. She is a young girl that Trowa saved in his mercenary days, although it is revealed that she was a spy for the Alliance in order to take care of her family. She realizes her feelings for Trowa after he leaves her. She is not related to Lady Une in any way.

Also, it is true that Catherine Bloom and Trowa Barton are brother and sister, since Trowa Barton is revealed to be Catherine's long lost brother, Triton Bloom, in Episode Zero. The only reason I didn't put Catherine Bloom with Trowa is simply because that would be an incest pairing.