PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Cagalli

blightian
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Cagalli has been quite a character in the seed series. there're mixed thoughts about her. weak? compassionate? submissive? courageous? u name it ^^

john_doe_107
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:53 AM
she's pivotal in destiny i feel, more than lacus.
now that's saying something.
but we can see she's grown from seed and throughout destiny as well.
she even shed her tomboy attitude, i like that, she's got that no nonsense, nitty gritty feel about her
but at the same time,
she's pretty feminine as well. very unique character.
no more is she the brat and brash teenager, she's matured, responsible and no longer hot-headed.
so i say, WOW to cagalli.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Cagalli is in my eyes one of those characters who wants more than she can do, so she constantly pushes her limits - even beyond her actual capability.
Suffice to say, I don't like her semi-bratty attitude; and I absolutely detest her constant whining in Destiny.
But when she launches with the Akatsuki... I can't help liking her. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:11 PM
yea she tries too hard,, i hope she goes SEED on Shinn >__<

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
She is completly mixed first i kind of liked her in SEED then she became annoying. After that she started off more annoying than ever in Destiny and i disliked her throughout Destiny until ep 40 where she redeemed herself in a great way.

I voted Kinda.

KapsLocked
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I like her. I liked her from the beginning of GS where you were like "what's she doing in Heliopolis?" until now, though the point where she was all whiny and indecisive in the beginning was annoying. Why was she so unsure of herself when she knew what she was doing at the end of SEED?

Nai
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, I'm in love with her looks. So yes, I would say I "like" her. I completely hate her personality, tho.

thejamppa
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:05 PM
I like her... Hmm, it might be that from now on Cagalli has more aggressive role... Now that she has new unit and she is to defend Orb from that Low life, whiner bratt Shinn...

Phoebus
Mon, 07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
looks like that with her new toy, Akutsuki, she has...."seen the light" and has the means to protect Orb even without Kira, and with this new toy, i really hope she "seed's" and give that Shinn a real good spanking.

a great leader with many brave souls to support her, espesially now, when she has thrown that jackass of a "fiance" to jail for treason (punnushable by death?? :-))

I truly hope that she has the power to stop Shinn and the rest of 'em badguys..

she and Athrun (like Ashura better) should rule Orb together. and strive to make Orb a independent nation, with no hate towards any sides...(exept those damned Blue cosmos chickens...)

GO KICK ASS CAGALLI !!!

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Get real, she will never be able to protect ORB by herself. It's obligatory to have Kira save the day when ORB is in danger even if Cagalli got a new shiny toy she won't be able to defend against Shinn, the kid took out Kira in Freedom and 4 out of 5 destroy units give him some credit already.

aznroyale
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Get real, she will never be able to protect ORB by herself. It's obligatory to have Kira save the day when ORB is in danger even if Cagalli got a new shiny toy she won't be able to defend against Shinn, the kid took out Kira in Freedom and 4 out of 5 destroy units give him some credit already.

Who knows....... like yeah Shin "really" beat Kira and Kira can defeat all the Destory Gundams by himself. Kira never plan to kill Shin and if he did Shin is dead. Yeah.. now im sure Kira will OWN Shin like nothing now. Also Shin gave all he got to beat Kira

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Please don't turn this into another Kira VS Shinn debate... also, Shinn beat Kira, live with it. Screw the "if"s. Fact is fact.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:36 PM
i voted kinda because i used to hate her until she got into akatsuki all determined and shit...she's still a crybaby like the rest of the Gundam Seed characters, except for lacus, she's the only one who doesnt cry...and Andrew Wartfield i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:46 PM
I think she's a crybaby bitch and should just get nekkid like in the opening.

cybercoin
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:52 AM
I havent seen 40 yet but does Akatsuki have phase shift or that is it nuclear. If it ain't nuclear then no way she could win from Shinn

MrTicTac
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:27 AM
dont know if it has phase-shift (its always gold) but one scene it absorbed and deflected back a beam shot, soo thats pretty decent

drunkenmaster
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: cybercoin
I havent seen 40 yet but does Akatsuki have phase shift or that is it nuclear. If it ain't nuclear then no way she could win from Shinn

nuclear doesnt make the gundam better in the sense of im nucear so my beam sword is better or im nuclear so my armor is better or im nulcear so my gun is better. nuclear just means, i dont need to recharge my batteries. so i mean she still has a decent amount of time going for her, and if it has no phase shift, then she has plenty of energy because phase shift armor drains most of the energy anywas.

-GunSlinger-
Tue, 07-26-2005, 08:47 PM
i hope she gets taken out in the next episode personally

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:33 PM
I've said it before, one of the worst politicians I've ever seen. 2nd worst female politician in Gundam history, only slightly better than Relena...

Otherwise she is a good character and I admire how hard she tries and how stubborn she can be at times. Other times she is too stupid, straightforward and prone to breakdowns. A real mess of a person.

Mite Gai
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I think she is good because at least she hasn't turned into a dulled out character like Lacus who just says Kira, Kira, Kira. Plus she's got Akatsuki which IMO is a cool looking gundam.

cybercoin
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I just mean that Destiny can go on forever because its Nuclear powered thats all.

drunkenmaster
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
true but how long do u think the fight really is going to last? like an episode at most. she should be fine power wise.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale

Originally posted by: PSJ

Who knows....... like yeah Shin "really" beat Kira and Kira can defeat all the Destory Gundams by himself. Kira never plan to kill Shin and if he did Shin is dead. Yeah.. now im sure Kira will OWN Shin like nothing now. Also Shin gave all he got to beat Kira

I know because it's fucking predictable. Kira runs the show nowadays if Fukuda won't make him save the day the fans will eat him for lunch.

There is a Shinn vs. Kira topic somewhere dig it up and read through it no need to post since ALL angles and opinions on the subject is in that thread.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
I must admit that b4 Phase 40 i didnt liked her much, just u know she is Athrun's girl, Kira's LITTLE Sister, and as Cellphone stated she "Cries at the drop of a Hat". But now after seeing her in Akatsuki barking orders (i say it in a good way) she really rocks. Thumbs UP.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 07-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: thejamppa
I like her... Hmm, it might be that from now on Cagalli has more aggressive role... Now that she has new unit and she is to defend Orb from that Low life, whiner bratt Shinn...

Call me stupid, but maybe Cagalli and Shinn Are Brothers i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

No way, just kidding.

EDIT1: Sorry for double posting, but i forgot i already had posted somethin i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT2:

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i voted kinda because i used to hate her until she got into akatsuki all determined and shit...she's still a crybaby like the rest of the Gundam Seed characters, except for lacus, she's the only one who doesnt cry...and Andrew Wartfield

Andrew Wartfield? LOL. It is Andrew Wartfeld.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 09:56 PM
No wrong Andrew Waltfeldt or Andrew Waltfield there is no 'r' in it.

So because Cagalli is Athrun's girl and Kira's sister those are reasons to dislike her? Or am i misunderstanding the reason you put that statement in your post?

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Maybe i did not express well, but after all her crying and ocassional whining its to dislike her, but being Kira's sister and Athrun's girlfriend made me think something will happen, like Phase 40, so i was reserving judgement till then. Now she has redeemed so i like her, amazing how she took control over the Orb Military.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Ah i clearly misunderstood why you wrote that. Sorry about that.

Lacus
Thu, 07-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I think cagallis awesome, but she was funnyer in Gundam SEED.

bigdaddy843
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:25 AM
It's a love hate relationship for me, in the recent episodes, she has proven the cool side of her, just no running around in a pinkish strike while crying and whining and etc. On the other hand, Akatsuki is nice.

DDBen
Thu, 07-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Clearly Calgari is not that bad of a character it was meerly Strike Rogue that was destroying her mind to make her a whiney bitch for 40 episodes of GSD. I Kind of like her 1 episode just doesn't make up for so many bad ones and the way they have developed her has been horrible during Destiny. Episode 40 is simply the first time she seems like she has grown from seed until now.

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 07-28-2005, 09:54 AM
No wonder Athrun and Cagalli are together. They both have been so damn indecisive this entire series. Cagalli coming back to the world and becoming cool as she barks orders in her gold gundam Akatsuki and has Jona arrested still doesn't redeem her for me though. She had better go Seed on Shinn's ass and tear up his gundam some(at least remove an arm or hand or something) before Kira saves the day or before Rey and Luna decide to launch or any other thing that would interfere/stop that battle happens. It's cool to finally see he take control and take some action though. Now I want to see her piloting skills. I don't think that she will(or ever has) follow that no kill policy that Kira and the AA follows.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 07-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
No wonder Athrun and Cagalli are together. They both have been so damn indecisive this entire series. Cagalli coming back to the world and becoming cool as she barks orders in her gold gundam Akatsuki and has Jona arrested still doesn't redeem her for me though. She had better go Seed on Shinn's ass and tear up his gundam some(at least remove an arm or hand or something) before Kira saves the day or before Rey and Luna decide to launch or any other thing that would interfere/stop that battle happens. It's cool to finally see he take control and take some action though. Now I want to see her piloting skills. I don't think that she will(or ever has) follow that no kill policy that Kira and the AA follows.

I agree, she better give us an Arm or a Leg b4 Kira comes to save the day.

telemari
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Luna X Cagalli would be nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 07-28-2005, 04:18 PM
No, it must be Athrun x Shinn, Kira x Rey, Cagalli some other place, then Athrun x Luna, so Athrun can give MEyring a nice gift, Impulse's Core Splendor with Lunamaria inside, DOES NOT INCLUDE BATTERIES!!!. LOL

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-28-2005, 04:56 PM
After seeing Akatsuki... well, you cant not like Cagali.

Imagine if Akatsuki wasn't two years old.

ChaosK
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:46 PM
if she found this in seed she would've owned everybody because no gundam in seed could deflect beams the way these new ones do (shows you how advanced orb was) and you cant say forbiddon deflected beams, it bent them.

Felixyournameislong person: cagali only followed the no kill policy when fighting orb. Kira isnt so much on no kill policy either (i dont think anybody is) when he was in space he killed those gouf/zaku pilots. And so did andrew as we saw a gouf flying past eternal exploding.

and just be be clear: having your suit powered by nuclear energy does not make your suit "OMG OWN XXLEET OOOH !!ONEONE!" it just means your suit has a hell of energy and i bet you have to put more nuclear energy into it SOMETIME except all the gundams got destroyed before that time came, no energy is infinate.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 07-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
if she found this in seed she would've owned everybody because no gundam in seed could deflect beams the way these new ones do (shows you how advanced orb was) and you cant say forbiddon deflected beams, it bent them.

Felixyournameislong person: cagali only followed the no kill policy when fighting orb. Kira isnt so much on no kill policy either (i dont think anybody is) when he was in space he killed those gouf/zaku pilots. And so did andrew as we saw a gouf flying past eternal exploding.

and just be be clear: having your suit powered by nuclear energy does not make your suit "OMG OWN XXLEET OOOH !!ONEONE!" it just means your suit has a hell of energy and i bet you have to put more nuclear energy into it SOMETIME except all the gundams got destroyed before that time came, no energy is infinate.

I didnt see Kira kill any pilot in space when recuing Lacus, all i see was legs, arms and head blowing up, Andrew did kill some, but i didnt see Kira, I will check to be sure.

Put more nuclear energy into it?, interesting, you say it like if the Suit were powered by gasoline. "More Nuclear Energy Into It". It sure needs the Source power to be replaced, but i doubt its "nuclear Energy", must be Plutonium or Uranium, or something like that, not sure tho.

EDIT: Now i got an excuse to watch again Phase 39, i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

EDIT2: Done watching the fight escene of Phase 39, all i see was the heads, legs, guns and arms blowing up or being choped off. I wached it in slow motion to be sure, and the closest thing to killing a pilot i think was a Zaku being shot in a shoulder.

masamuneehs
Fri, 07-29-2005, 05:33 PM
She pilots a GOLDEN Gundam. God I hope they don't sell a single model kit of that POS...

alukard
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Oh it will sell. It will sell big time. Kids got gold in their eyes and you cant take it from their hands.

Pikachu, kids' favorite one liner puppet that made every adult likes to buy an ear-plug. Sales of it went up 3000%.
Gold power ranger.
Gold is the color of the sun, the moon, and one of the many colors of the aurora borellis.
Lucky charms are ..
The ring you're wearing.
One of the favorite car colors in 2000.
First thing you wake up in the morning to it.
The tint of your eye color when you've won the lottery.
Reason why white people want a tan. (if you consider it racism its not. Trust me, ppl these days are alittle too sensitive to just about everything.)

Need i say more?

naruto-kira
Sat, 07-30-2005, 03:22 AM
GOLD means Bling Bling...not to mention Gold is a good collector Gundam...i would want one over Strike-Freedom, or the other suits...

i think Cagalli is hot when she pilots Akatsuki..i love the Angry Cagalli...it looks soooo cute..i love it Sassy like that. lmao

Enderz
Mon, 08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
dont really like her i think shes a little annoying but i love her new gundam, its lika a flying piece of gold just waiting for someone to catch it