SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Shyt

redemption2
Sat, 07-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Damn, I almost made it in time.

Hybridi
Sat, 07-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Overall a nice episode, nothing special though, except for Akatsukis debut, which wasn't so great if u ask me, though it did have a nice song playing in the background i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
Shinn still having problems with him killing Athrun and Meyrin and Chairman appointing Rey and Shinn for FAITH.
ZAFT launches an attack towards ORB and we finally see that dick Yuuna being hit (wai!) and finally the episode ending with Destiny and Akatsuki facing off.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Shyt. I Just watched the first minute of ep 40, and im afraid that Shinn Asuka is human after all. Thats all.

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:13 AM
GOD dammit , im up to 93% now! im downloadin the raw, and i cant wait to see how will they introduce akatsuki, will cagali be pilloting it straitght away ?

Hybridi
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah Cagalli will be piloting it straight away near the episodes end after she's finished crying over Uzumi's speech. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Indeed, overall ep.

Please, someone translate Cagalli's and Yuna Conversation.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh, now i get something of what they said.

Cagalli ask Yuna Roma to confirm that she is the real deal. After He confirms it, she gives the order to arrest Yuna Roma under the charges of treason. After that Yuna Roma is hit by a already pissed Orb Official, and captured for another 4.

I think.

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:31 AM
FUCK SHit !!!
this episode is full of fucking COnversation, that makes me cant wait for the sub to be release, but CellPHone has stopped fansubbing, so i need to wait till monday, and its so dissapointing to see that the raw is Advertisement, i wanna hear what is uzumi speech, and most importantly i cant wait for NEXT WEEK EPISODE

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:35 AM
one question! if the raw appears to be full of crap and advetisement like this one, will the subbed version come out like this, as in full of crap? coz this is the first raw i have ever seen that is full of crap

Hybridi
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:41 AM
I highly doubt it, i think they will edit all that advertisement and stuff off. But i wonder that are they going to remove that "frame" that was around the picture most of the time.
Also i think double-posting is not appreciated here, so use the edit button. (Don't mean to bitch or anything, someone will anyways say something about that, so it might aswell be me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Hmm, seems that those frames were an earthquake alert.

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:43 AM
LoL never mind, ok nex time ill use edit. the fram thing is so annoying its just make the resolution smaler
its surprising that for once ORB can make its own INterface for its own Mobile suit Operating system. the interface is cool though.

danholo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:42 AM
SaiyaMan has released a couple of RAWs that have commercials in them. It doesn't bother me at all. And IIRC, fansub groups don't use SaiyaMan's raws in the first place. I have no idea if they'll remove that blue frame from the picture though. If I understood it at all, it was talking about Richters and an Elevator - something to do with an earthquake. That's quite a blow for a collection of fansubbed GSD. It really ruins it. Too bad.

But I wouldn't think it impossible to remove a frame like that. I really know nothing about encoding, editing and such.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Sorry for double posting.

Yeah the ep was full of crap, its possible to remove it, but the qualitty will diminish unless the fansubers have aHigh quality Raw Video. Which im hoping they have.

Fortunately the next epidoes will be more exciting. YAY.

PSJ
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:10 PM
They always remove the commericals and stuff from the episodes.

Psyke
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by: danholo
SaiyaMan has released a couple of RAWs that have commercials in them. It doesn't bother me at all. And IIRC, fansub groups don't use SaiyaMan's raws in the first place. I have no idea if they'll remove that blue frame from the picture though. If I understood it at all, it was talking about Richters and an Elevator - something to do with an earthquake. That's quite a blow for a collection of fansubbed GSD. It really ruins it. Too bad.

But I wouldn't think it impossible to remove a frame like that. I really know nothing about encoding, editing and such.

There was a 5.7 scaled earthquake in an area near Tokyo today, hence the announment.

Knives122
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:33 PM
it seems Akatsuki has the user friendly version of the MOS, and it changes color when it is exposed to light -_- (oh, and it has full beam coating)

and todays OWN3D is brought to you by Jona

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1549/11221286486474bc5qc.gif

Cion
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:56 PM
I like that Shinn shows some remorse in his dreams, looks like their is hope for him.
Ah seeing Yuna getting pucnched made my day.

redemption2
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes, Yuuna geting punched is the best thing in the world. I SO wanted to jump into the show and hit him myself SOOOOOO many times. I was surprised how much speech was in this episode. And Kisaka finally talks! The golden suit is beautiful, and it looks like it can absorb and reflect attacks. Cagalli is gonna have fun using this baby. Shinn's dream actually was done well, and sorry to all Shinn haters, but that means he's getting some feeling back in himself. What I'm annoyed at is the previews for the next episode. They showed nothing new. Does this mean it's gonna be another summary episode? I hate clip shows, hate em hatem HATEM! They did 2 already, not including Edited, do they really need another? Also, if you noticed, there were some clips at the beginning that were jumping around? That was because of that earthquake. Only after that did they have the earthquake advisory on the screen. They will probably get rid of the advisory rather easily, just resize the clip to its normal size and snip away the excess. I can't wait till this one gets subbed.

Strike Freedom
Sat, 07-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Good episode, can't wait for the sub, Cagalli does pretty well in a mobile suit compared to some other pilots, she's got huge titanium balls for facing off with Shinn at the end, this episode made me like Cagalli even more, she became assertive, took control, handled the situation like a leader, took action, did what she felt was right, man if I could only find a woman like that in real life...tsssk (not saying there aren't any but I haven't met one like that yet) overall, a very good episode, can't wait for SF and IJ to come in and end Zaft's little party

SF and IJ, the new Party Crashers, sequel to the Wedding Crashers i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Corny but I love freedom of speech

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Good Episode?. Doubtful, kinda boring.

I hope Cagalli goes Seed as in the end of GS, she finally could give orders and started to behave like the Representative she is. ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or did u notice that Orb didnt defend when two aircrtaft entered its airpace and destroyed Yuna's house?.

That Idiot.

IJ And SF, Im looking forward to it..

redemption2
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Has anyone noticed that in the credits there was absolutely 0 new clips? Anyone worried that the next episode might be another clip show like PAST and FATES, because it sounds like this next one has an american name.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Nope, im not worried. If the next ep is like PAST and FATES, then FUKUDA is the one that needs to worry. LOL.

3 recaps would be too much. 2 its too much.

Curium
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
it seems Akatsuki has the user friendly version of the MOS, and it changes color when it is exposed to light -_- (oh, and it has full beam coating)

and todays OWN3D is brought to you by Jona

Thanks for the image. Seeing that alone makes getting the RAW worth while.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:39 PM
I haven't seen the episode itself yet, but having watched the first few minutes of the raw:

ROTFLMAO @ CHEMISTRY

What fucking morons. They look just as silly as their music sounds.

Edit: First, as for the frame, I am guessing they will remove it somehow. Or perhaps the episode will air as a re-run some time later (for example tomorrow?) and they'll use that version as raw instead. Maybe. Just guessing.

Now, for the episode itself: THAT WAS SOME GOOD SHIT!
Finally Cagalli is back to her more resolute self. Jona get owned badly (mwah hah!) and Cagalli's new image song (I'm assuming it's hers) is a lot better than Precious Rose (her last image song). Actually, it was awesome. Cagalli's voice actor probably earns half her salary for her crying, because she does that a lot (and for some reason her crying is a lot more moving than for example when Kira does it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). Akatsuki is one badass gundam, and I'm glad that Strike Rouge got ditched (that was a true abomination).

Yeah, great stuff. Can't wait for the sub. Does anyone else have the feeling that Kira will show up just in time to save Cagalli next week?

Also, the PS2 Gundam Seed game they made a commercial for near the end looks awesome. I want it!

Finally, I like how everybody is like "this episode was so-so" yet a million more things happened here than in ep 39. All of you need to get off Kira's cock, because you need to understand that Seed is about more than him and his overpowered mobile suits.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, i got the feeling Kira will save Cagalli at the last second. I wonder why i think that, any ideas?.

I didnt like the episode because it was so much talk, and the action i felt it rushed. Only thing that was worth the dl is when Jona gets punched by the now happy Orb Official.

(Orb Offcial: "Something-Itaddakimasu" **Punching Jona**)

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Episode 39 served to introduce Strike Freedom.
Episode 40 served to introduce Akatsuki.

The only difference is that ep 40 brought down ORB, while ep 39 did... just about nothing.
Except having Kira in it, of course. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

So yeah, I fail to see how the action in 40 felt rushed in comparison to 39.

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

Originally posted by: Knives122

Thanks for the image. Seeing that alone makes getting the RAW worth while.

well, i can't wait for IJ to come out. coudln't understand a shit at all from the RAW. i doubt athrun will get his suit in the next ep. he would probably get IJ after he recovers, can't wait for the introduction of IJ !!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif as for akasuki, its reflector is quite useful, i doubt what could hit it. the producers might as well create an invunerable gundam as these reflector things get more and more common.....-__-

Curium
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Finally, I like how everybody is like "this episode was so-so" yet a million more things happened here than in ep 39. All of you need to get off Kira's cock, because you need to understand that Seed is about more than him and his overpowered mobile suits.

For the most part this was a dialouge episode. In my opinion (since I don't know Japanese) episodes that are dialouge based are always so-so until the sub comes out. 39 was much easier to understand with just pictures. Personally I will reserve judgement on it as an episode until I know what the heck they are saying.

Also, if 41 is a clip show, SOMEBODY HAS TO DIE, NOW!!!!!!!!!! They end 40 with Akatsuki attacking Destiny and now they want us to WAIT TWO WEEKS to continue. If they absolutely had to have a clip show couldn't they wait until the BATTLE WAS OVER???????

Originally posted by: blightian
as for akasuki, its reflector is quite useful, i doubt what could hit it. the producers might as well create an invunerable gundam as these reflector things get more and more common.....-__-

I don't think that coating will work vs melee beam weapons, so not quite invincible.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:38 PM
I doubt episode 41 is a clip show... it can't be! We've already had 2 (3 of you count Edited) and at this point in the series? When it's almost over? Still, I suppose it wouldn't surprise me...

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:55 PM
for god's sake, clipshows suckx.x..

redemption2
Sat, 07-23-2005, 07:47 PM
I have to agree that the action seemed rushed. It was all when everyone was talking over the radio, and there was no real fighting, it was skeet shooting. No clashing at all, no trick shots, and even Cagalli was taking out about 8 or 9 suits while talking with Bastard Yuuna.

Episode Kill Count (kills each faction got):
ZAFT Grunts: 8
Independent Murasame: 4
Akatsuki: 9
Destiny: 4

And question, why is it that Shinn scratched his head like that? It's like it was hurting or itching really badly.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 08:56 PM
He is going to snap again. LOL.

41 wont be a clip ep. (i hope u r listening god)

I just rewatched phase 40, and meyring looked cuter. Now she needs to sneak under athrun sheets, tho that will ban her from orb, and probably get her killed by Kira's Barbaric sister, lol.

Kawai Denka's paraodies are great. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

EDIT: Those shields that destiny, legend, ij, sf, and akatsuki have dont reflect or protect against solid objects. Only beams.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by: redemption2

Wow, that amounts to 25.
Isn't that exactly as many mechs Kira shot down in 2 minutes during the end of ep 39?

Death13a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 09:32 PM
As for episode i liked it i would like it more when sub will come out. and by the way who is the fastest sub group now as i was whatching cellphone as they were the fastests, so can you piont me toward site where i could the subs.

Don't post the names of future episodes in this topic.

GotWoot Moderator

Cion
Sat, 07-23-2005, 09:39 PM
How can you tell? Ep 41 isn't even there?

Don't quote semi-spoilers.

GotWoot Moderator

Sorry didn't think about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

redemption2
Sat, 07-23-2005, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by: redemption2

Wow, that amounts to 25.
Isn't that exactly as many mechs Kira shot down in 2 minutes during the end of ep 39?

Actually, if you follow my kill count in episode 39, kira got like 18 kills that were seen, and Gaia and Strike took the rest to total 25. I think it was exaggerated for effect.

shiro03
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:44 PM
wooo... watching akatsuki in action reminds me of char's MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki in zeta series which is both is the gold in colour. anyway i m new here. hi everyonei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Same here shiro. I used to really love the Hyaku Shiki. Akatsuki is even shinier though!
But HS had a much cooler pilot. ;D

Welcome to the forums shiro, stick around.

Illrenmazou
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:15 PM
WTF!? A 4th recap episode! Looks like the rumors were truei/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

muyg
Sun, 07-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Has anyone heard of Hiro fan-subs? Look like they release episode 40 already, don't know the quality of it though. If you want to check it out here's the link to their site:
http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/

Link to torrent: http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:...61e09c9cf679e4.torrent (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/3bd07e9c76e5d8fb65d57f4a7161e09c9cf679e4.torrent)

Curium
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by: muyg
Has anyone heard of Hiro fan-subs? Look like they release episode 40 already, don't know the quality of it though. If you want to check it out here's the link to their site:
http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/

Link to torrent: http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:...61e09c9cf679e4.torrent (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/3bd07e9c76e5d8fb65d57f4a7161e09c9cf679e4.torrent)

Or if you prefer IRC, it is just #Hiro on Rizon. It looks to me that Hiro may have been born out of the corpse that was Cellphone^2. I know Cellphone had an Angst bot and a SEEDmode bot. I just checked the pack list for Hiro|SEEDmode, packs 1-5 are GSD episodes releases from cellphone. Also as of when I'm typing this, Hiro is a new group on AniDB with no releases recorded yet.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/ani...how=group&gid=2333 (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=2333)

[Hiro]Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_40_[D0B98C1D].avi
/ctcp Hiro|ExtraAngst xdcc send #1
/ctcp Hiro|Haro xdcc send #1
/ctcp Hiro|SEEDmode xdcc send #6
/ctcp Hiro|Spore xdcc send #1
/ctcp bAka-upload xdcc send #26

EDIT: One note, the release came out at least 1 hour earlier then Cellphone usually had it out.

Digitalgirl
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:44 AM
wow, those commercials were great [except for that frame...]... *cough* I mean, alright Yuna got punched! and kagalli can actually fight. take out shinn, kagalli!!!

SilverSurfie
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:01 AM
And thus a new speed subber is born.

Everon
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Anyone notice that Cagalli's flashback of Destiny was when it was at Heaven's Base? Funny thing is that she was never there.

Curium
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
Anyone notice that Cagalli's flashback of Destiny was when it was at Heaven's Base? Funny thing is that she was never there.

The whole thing was televised world wide.

After seeing the sub I'm convinced 41 really is a clipshow. One interesting thing, at least on Hiro's translation the title was "Requiem" which was also the word Djibril used for whatever his secret weapon at the Moon Base is.

shiro03
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Same here shiro. I used to really love the Hyaku Shiki. Akatsuki is even shinier though!
But HS had a much cooler pilot. ;D

Welcome to the forums shiro, stick around.

thanks terracosmo,its true char is cool hahahahaha but his HS cant defect beam like akatsuki.

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:43 AM
The funny thing is in CellPhone^2 (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/) cellphone still releasing the 40th episode.

Illrenmazou
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:55 AM
What the hell? Are they just playing with us!?

Has anyone watched Hiro fansub's version? how's the quality?

Automaton
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:12 AM
The Hiro fansub wasn't bad, not a keeper but watchable.

In the next episode bit, the narrator says the next episode is called "Refrain" and it even says "Refrain" in Japanese on screen, but they subbed it as "Requiem." I thought that was a little weird.

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-24-2005, 07:17 AM
fuck shit a waste of download limit
i downloaded the cellphone release from http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/ and you know ? its like swear words everywhere rude language everywhere, its a fucked up translation, but its funny though give it a try download it.
LoL i just finished watching it properly and its so FUCKING RANDOM but you know ?it actually make quite a sense, its a subbed version but in a rude wayy to sub the GSD

Summary of CellPhone^2 translation from http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/" (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/)
1. Funny ass
2. Full of swear words
3. the bit before the OP is real
4. Cagali keep on swearing and the UZUMi speech is fucking funny
5. its very funny
6. its hillariously funny
7. its worthed downloading
8. some spoiler

Now im downloadign the Hiro translation
LoLZ Hope its not a fucked up again

Phoebus
Sun, 07-24-2005, 08:08 AM
the chellphone release is a hox, prob. from one of the former members of the group who has a grounch against it's founder or something, real sad.....

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:00 AM
I thought they said "Refrain", if it is "Requiem" considering how Djibril called his secret weapon at the moon base ("Requiem"), i think u know what will happen. (Carefully not posting a spoiler). In that case in GSD Logos is the Grunt-Faction.

After ep 41 is aired, ill try to clarify. I dont want to get banned again *sob* *sob*.

EDIT: BTW. Shinn has just been appointed to FAITh and hes already abusing of his authority, going to Orb without the Captain knowing, till he sortied. I know, he has that power, but Athrun at least asked the Captain, Shinn simply has no respect for the captain. Lets hope Cagalli has a SEED-Newtype thing.

kinggalaxia
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:02 AM
yeah, Point-Blank has/will posted torrents to joke subs. no surprise here then..

*downloads hiro-fansubs*

Miro69
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:13 AM
the episode was better... still, i dont like the way they push forth the use of new gundams buti guess i'll get used to it. this episode, you'd think shinn was about to repent for his sins, but he just turns all emo in the end. i really have no clue what the hell fukuda's going to do with him. on the other hand, i just wanna see cagalli own his ass so bad. her character's gotten better once she saw being orb attacked and i hope it stays that way. good episode, waiting for the next one.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Cagalli is not going to win this fight, I believe.

Also, you can be pissed off/feel strongly about something -without- being emo.

---

For what it's worth, I found out some more things about the insert song in ep 40.
It's called Honoo no Tobira (door of fire) & is performed by Fiction Junction & Yuuka, i.e the same people who performed Akatsuki no Kuruma in Seed.

Some fun things to note about this:
Akatsuki no Kuruma was performed in ep 40, just like Honoo no Tobira is now!
And isn't it funny how both songs are affiliated with the word "Akatsuki"? (being that the latter plays when Cagalli gets the new mobile suit of hers).

For those who don't know, the girl who sings in FJ&Y also sings in See-Saw.

shiro03
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:53 AM
ermmm does anyone knows the meaning of "akatsuki"? then mech has a odd chinese character or its someother character on the right should its so cooli/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Akatsuki means Dawn.

I think the literal translation though is Red Moon (Aka = Red, Tsuki = Moon) but I might be wrong.

Sano
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:59 AM

---

For what it's worth, I found out some more things about the insert song in ep 40.
It's called Honoo no Tobira (door of fire) & is performed by Fiction Junction & Yuuka, i.e the same people who performed Akatsuki no Kuruma in Seed.

And isn't it funny how both songs are affiliated with the word "Akatsuki"? (being that the latter plays when Cagalli gets the new mobile suit of hers).

Where can I get the Mp3 of this insert song? Also, does anyone know where I can get the Mp3s for Vestige and the closing song by See-Saw? Thanks.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-24-2005, 12:11 PM
U can get the opening and ending song at:

http://www.tokyotosho.com/

just search for gundam seed destiny.

I just watched ep 40 from Cellphone i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif funny, some angry ex-member from Cellphone of course. Worth the download, it starts pretty normal till right after Shinn is appointed to FAITH.

EDIT: SO SORRY GUYS, I LIED. I didnt watch all the Phase 40 from cellphone, just till the opening was over. Now im at 6:41 min. GUYS u have to download it, its really worth the download, im going to keep it (burn it along the rest of GSD), of course i will download Phase 40 from Seed-fansubs to keep too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Check it out.

Im going to write some lines that are place after the opening.

Cagalli: What? We aren't going to Sea World?
What Kind of Bullshit is this?

Kisaka: Yeah, It Seeems that way
Shenmue died late last night...
He got in a fight with these guys.

Some Orb Politician 1: Who's got the taco salad?!
Some Orb Politician 2: I have to take a mean shit.
Some Orb Politician 3: My panties are Chaffing.

Cagalli: What in the jesus fuck...

Dullindal: It seems as tough the submarine you guys blew up
was not painted to look like Shenmue
But actually Shenmue Himself.
Boys, we r in such deep shit.
The Current proposed plan is for Thalia to take off her shirt.

Thats all, download it if u want to know the rest. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

xat
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:13 PM

---

Excellent ear, Terra. Expanding a bit on this, you'll sometimes see FictionJunction along with the last name of a singer for when Yuki Kajiura does a joint production with someone (she more recently did it with Oda Kaori in Tsubasa Chronicle -- FictionJunction KAORI). In this case the YUUKA in FictionJunction YUUKA is of the singer/seiyuu (she's great at both, might I add) Nanri Yuuka. Akatsuki no Kuruma was translated to Dawn's Carriage if I recall, the literal translation of Akatsuki being 'red moon' (which is a fitting representation of "Dawn"), while kuruma is better known as meaning car (or even vehicle). Also an additional tidbit, Akatsuki no Kuruma seemed to have been a great song (I concur in this case); I recall browsing a billboard site and the song was in the top 10 for several months (!!). Makes me wonder if honoo no tobira is as good.

The two (Yuki + Nanri) are a really powerful team, I'm sure many are already familiar with Yuki Kajiura. As for Nanri Yuuka, if you enjoy her voice, she was one of the singers in the now broken-up Tiaraway (old site was tiaraway.com), so songs by them are likely to feature her. She's also done several singles for other shows. The See-Saw + Nanri Yuuka thing is a new one for me. I always thought See-Saw's vocalist was Chiaki Ishikawa.

I could go into Nanri's seiyuu career but that's beyond the scope of this i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

More information:
http://www.fictionjunction.com/

I've yet to get episode 40, waiting for HaroTori, heheh. Looking forward to listening to that insert song -- I love songs by FictionJunction YUUKA (and Nanri Yuuka alone, for that matter).

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:19 PM
That's some interesting things right there!
I was looking for See-Saw sites the other day and that's when I found that See-Saw's vocalist had done a joint combo with Fiction Junction under the name of Yuuka. And once I read it I realized that the voices were strikingly similar, so I assumed that to be true. At the same time, maybe See-Saw had another vocalist before? I don't really know actually...

Oh, so I was right about akatsuki meaning red moon then? Looks like my japanese once again is better than I thought. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Also, from what I hear, Honoo no Tobira is also an excellent song. However, Akatsuki no Kuruma played during a very important point in Seed (episode 40, the revelation about Kira/Cagalli being siblings as well as Uzumi's death). HnT therefore lacks the same impact (while Akatsuki is an awesome gundam, the moment in itself did not beat the instance where AnK played). But who knows, it might play again during a more crucial point.

iesu 350z
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:20 PM
LOL wow that was refreshing.. seeing jonas getting clockedddd
has anyone noticed that kira has some sort of super healing powers.. from that clash with shinn
athrun is still in bed after so many episodes lol either hes faking it or hes WEAK

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Kira is the ULTIMATE CORDINATOR. Thats why.

Athrun is a cordinator with the seed, but no more.

kinggalaxia
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a
Kira is the ULTIMATE CORDINATOR. Thats why.

wow, you convinced me. mhm.

Aramis
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:47 PM
hmm so the current battle is ORB vs a ZAFT fleet...
It was seen in the last episode, and confirmed here, ZAFT is using GOUFs as one of their primary units now, not just a commander unit. i don't think astrays have a chance on those things.
Well, doesn't matter, because in the end there's just the Destiny vs Akatsuki duel that will decide the winner. Akatsuki has one hell of an armor, but doesn't seem to have any special weapons. If Shinn doesn't make any stupid attacks that get reflected on him and just stick with the anti-ship sword thru the belly tactic, he should be fine. IMO ORB is going to lose unless S-Freedom comes to ruin the fun.

Oh yeah, and while Cagalli is doing a good job rallying her troops she's forgetting about Djibril. She could just order the mass driver to be taken offline to prevent lots of nastiness.

PSJ
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Amazing episode.

Cagalli got all her dignity back in this episode. I love how she took command, while Yuuna was happy to have her help and gave her the status of Representative back she just ordered him to be arrested and charged with treason. I hate using terms like these but. PWND!!!!111

It seems like the forces that was at the Archangel were more skilled than the average ORB forces. They did a fucking good job holding the defenses when they came.

Akatsuki seems to have a sweet armor and railgun type beam cannons. Looks like an awesome suit, i love how it is all in gold to. It will stand no chance against Destiny tho, Kira will save the day in this battle. That is like a universal SEED rule, when ORB is in danger Kira saves.

Aramis she didn't forget about Djibril. You might have missed it but when she ordered the arrest she told them to find out where Djibril hid and capture him.

Curium
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by: iesu 350z
LOL wow that was refreshing.. seeing jonas getting clockedddd
has anyone noticed that kira has some sort of super healing powers.. from that clash with shinn
athrun is still in bed after so many episodes lol either hes faking it or hes WEAK

Acctually they did sort of explain this. Kira was by himself in Freedom and was able to minimize injury to himself. Athrun on the other hand protected Meyrin with his body and thus was injured much more sevearly.

On a fun note, did anyone else notice that it seems that ZAFT used some UTA/TE GOOhN Underground Mobility Test Type (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/utate-6.htm) MS. Early in the attack you see several GOOhNs hit the side of Orb and start digging in. It is always fun to see MSVs make it into the show.

telemari
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Greap episode. As someone stated - Cagalli is really a LEADER, she is LEADing her soldiers to battle, not just telling them what to do.

Yukimura
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Does anyone else think it's weird that Akatsuki, with it's retardedly useful beam reflector would have been completely out of place had it been used right after it was supposedly developed? In the first war beams were the exception and PS was the best thing to have on an MS. Apparently Uzumi had the foresight to skip PS on Akatsuki and instead develop the uber Anti-Beam Shield two years before anyone else revealed anything like it. Either that guy was really smart or... the writers are too lazy (or busy, I must give them some credit, I couldn't write this stuff) to think up a more plausible origin for their new merchandising tool.

Regardless of how implausible, it seems like a pretty bad ass MS, being impervious to the most common weapon of the day and all. Shinn might have to actually think of something original to stop it, like maybe jamming his sword through the thing. Can't wait to see that...

PSJ
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Yea that was really stupid. It was obviously something the directors put together halfway through so they didn't need to bring in Kira to soon.

telemari
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:06 PM
They maybe were just constantly upgrading it with newest tech?

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Cagalli was awesome.

And Jona Roma didnt gave her the statutus of representative. She learns from her past mistakes, so she talked sweetly to Jona and then she wanted him to confirm that she was the real deal, after all remember what happened back in ep 22 or 23 i think "She isnt Cagalli, she is an imposter, blah blah blah". After Jona said she was the real deal, Cagallis voice changed from the sweet one to the ordering one "Arrest him charged of treason".

Jona was really stupid in that episode thisnking that the "archangel situation" back in seed would be the same as the "present one". That came to dullindal as a gift, now he had an excuse to attack to his heart content without being criticized.

I really wonder when Minerva's Captain will stop receiving orders from Dullindal, she knows him from before so she knows that he is scheming something. There have been some scenes where she starts to doubt him.

One thing i dont like about Dullindal is that, ok he is the bad guy i get it, but the face he puts in the preview to ep 41 was evil. He isnt that kind of bad guy. Raul Kuruze was, he wanted to destroy mankind, but Dullindal dont, he is just manipulating all mankind, or at least a 90 % of mankind, yet he smiles like Kuruze.

I wanted to ask this but as most of the ppl that read my posts have noticed, my mind wanders a lot, thats why sometimes i forget why i started to write. Well here it is. Does someone has the Astary manga for Gundam Seed?, I want to know how kira managed to survive after the Aegis exploded. I read one of them, where the other "Ultimate Cordinator" (Canard pars its called, i think, and he wasnt the final product, he was like a test before the real deal, the Almithgy Kira) appears looking for Kira Yamato. The guy he asks to is the one that rescued Kira (I dont know how or from which point after the explosion) and delivered him to Reverend Markio. Well i just got 1, and Destiny Astray vol1.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

EDIT: Wow, i skipped two posts. So Akatsuki was an ecuse the Directors used to keep kira out of the show? SHAME ON THEM. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Barumonk
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Actually, it you read a bit of MSV, you can take note that at the time Orb had no clue how to create phase shift armor (even after building Strike Rogue, ironically). It was probably just 'the next best thing' scenario, where they figured it would guard against and new up and coming suits which seem to be using beam weaponry. Keep in mind the M1-Astray was Orb's first MS, and it used beam rifles. The EAF had just introduced their new suits which used beam rifles as well... not to mention the 5 original gundams, parading around all of space and earth while trying to kill eachother. I don't think it would be too hard to look into the future and assume such a suit would be useful, even if ZAFT was still mostly using substance weapons.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
wth is MSV?

EDIT: I better make good use of this post.

wth is AA? (All i could think was Archangel Alliance, but im pretty sure im wrong).

wth is Akatsuki? (was one of the questions i had, now i know what it is)

PSJ
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:26 PM
AA = ArchAngel

MSV = Mobile Suit Variation, which is a variation of an existing mobile suit.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sun, 07-24-2005, 07:04 PM
TY

oyabun
Sun, 07-24-2005, 08:24 PM
cellphne sub was a parody this week. i was laughing the whole TALIA prposed plan.. haha! (watching the hiro's(

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Having watched the subs:

Uzumi's speech to Cagalli was even better when you understood it (no shit). For some reason I'm always moved when Cagalli cries & you hear Uzumi's voice. It's a dangerous combination. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I almost felt sorry for Jona, he really is like a big baby in the end. I want a Akatsuki model kit! And a Honoo no Tobira MP3!!!!111

Fuck, I can't believe 41 is gonna be a recap. At this point in the series? So stupid.

Everon
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Lets just hope this will be the LAST recap, then that'll mean 10+ episodes of uninterrupted GSEED goodness.

Strike Rogue doesn't have phase shift armor? Thats news to me.

KapsLocked
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah... that scene with Uzumi & Cagalli was very emotional. And I like Akasuki. Quite pretty. It would be funny if one of the poorer mechanics on AA was caught trying to steal the gold plating off of it. XD

I don't think it's a recap episode. Since it's named "Requiem", maybe Cagalli dies in it or something? Or SOMEONE dies. I just had the feeling that they didn't show many screencaps because something important is going to happen.

Dannynonsense
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:35 PM
it might just be one of those recap episodes with some flash backs and still manages to move the plot foward

Mae
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I REALLY hope it's not another recap. There's only so many eps left, and I want more action!

This ep was decent though. It was nice to see the troups rallying once they knew Cagalli was back. Yuna was ridiculous as a war leader, so incompetent it wasn't even funny any more. Cagalli's new suit certainly is... shiney... But I liked the scene where she got it too, and she really isn't that bad as a pilot. I guess she IS Kira's sister, after all. That being said, she doesn't have a chance against Shinn. Either Kira saves her, as some have speculated, or Shinn finally has his crisis of conscience and spares her for his own reasons. Still, it was nice how Cagalli saw him, recognized that he was the most dangerous enemy out there, and then without hesitating goes strait for him :)

Oh, and nice dis by Tallia. I guess Dulandil can't always count on his charm after all. I'm fairly sure she'll turn on him before the end. And I'm still not sure what the end will be. Djibril will likely escape to the moon, and ZAFT will chase him into space, but what will ORB and the AA do? They don't really want to protect Djibril, and after he's out of ORB ZAFt will likely leave, so what then?

Curium
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Strike Rogue doesn't have phase shift armor? Thats news to me.

Yes Strike Rogue has Phase Shift. That is because it was built primarily out of spar parts intended to replace damaged parts on Strike.

Originally posted by: Mae
They don't really want to protect Djibril, and after he's out of ORB ZAFt will likely leave, so what then?

I doubt it. Dullindal seemed to be honostly angry at Yuna's insulting his intelligence by flat out lieing that Djbril wasn't there. Also, EVERY Gov't type person that has talked about Orb in SEED or GSD has mentioned Orb as a "difficult" nation. They have the military strength to cause problems and they won't join sides so they are always a Wild Card. Dullindal has an excuse to attack Orb now, I doubt he will willingly stop until it's government is destroyed so that he can take control and make it so it can no longer be a problem.

PSJ
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Dullinandal will keep going until ORB is gone. You can't possibly believe Dullinandal is a guy that says "oh well now that Djibril left we can stop the attack". He will say something like "They are lying, destroy ORB completly. I'm not satisfied until this island is reduced to rubble."

Afterall Dullinandal isn't the goodguy in all this, even Gladys got her doubts about Dullinandal at this point. I'm still waiting for the plot twist that will make Dullinandal a real badguy, i thinik Destiny plan got something to do with this.

Aeon
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:17 PM
The song that played during the war as well as the ending were great, I need them now. I didn't even notice 41 was going to be a recap, that's just pointless.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: KapsLocked
I don't think it's a recap episode. Since it's named "Requiem", maybe Cagalli dies in it or something? Or SOMEONE dies. I just had the feeling that they didn't show many screencaps because something important is going to happen.

The next episode is called Refrain. Hiro wrote wrong.
Probably because Djibril mentioned his new Requiem plan earlier in the episode.

KapsLocked
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah... that would suck if it was just a recap ep. Didn't they do the same thing towards the end of GS?

PSJ
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:32 PM
No they didn't, absolutely not. The end of GS were pure orgasm until the very last second of the last episode.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Nope, the last GS recap was episode 26. That was the third one, the other two being episodes 14 & 15.
Pretty funny places to put recaps at, but I prefer that over throwing them out towards the end when the show is as most intense.

Really, the amount of recaps is just silly. Counting Edited, this will be the fourth one for Destiny.
If they so desperately cannot reach 50 episodes without resorting to this, they should just settle for 45 episodes to begin with.

KapsLocked
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I guess that it's only supporting the theory that GSi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif is just a cash cow for Bandai to make more money off of new model kits. :\

Psyke
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:44 PM
I just saw this episode, and it's one of the best recently. Cagali was back to her best, and her comeback nearly had me in tears, especially when she urged the ORB forces to lend her their strength. I hope she doesn't die, and some how manage to stay alive against Shin's Destiny Gundam.

Edit: I just saw Cellphone's ep 40 parody, and it's friggin hillarious.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:26 AM
another GREAT ep in the series, cagallir regained my respect defintily, but she wont stand a chance against shinn, also the armor, it SEEMS she has to turn it on the reflect, cause right before impact, she went all ssj stance, and the armor began to shine, so im geussing it isnt ALWAYS on, im also geussing that erica just kept upgrading it over the years

but anyway awesome episode! ( i need that insert song btw, TERRA FIND IT!!!!)

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I just rewatched the preview to Phase 41, and i think it will not be a recap because the scene where AA is being attacked doesnt exist in GSD (check the the MS attacking [ginn i think] AA and the ocean), not yet. AA was directly attacked only in Phase 34. But in Phase 34 AA was mostly on land, but when it finally got to the ocean there were no MS that i could see plus the ocean wasnt the same. so, that scene shown in the preview is from Phase 41 (no recap) or from GS, but i doubt it.

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/9796/hirogundamseeddestinyphase40d0.jpg

EDIT: @Enderz, meybe u didnt notice butits been a long time since Rey started "hypnotizing" Shinn. Dullindal's brainwash is working perfectly.

Enderz
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:47 AM
The thing that i liked about this episode was shinns nightmare and how rey is hypnotizing shinn

BTW: the akutski gundam is the best lookin gundam in my oppinion

Psyke
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't think the next episode is a recap either. I believe the confusion came from the mix up of the words "refrain" and "requiem". The "requim" of the next episode refers to the thing that Dijibril was referring to, and not the "refrain" which the narrator spoke of.

Edit: Oops. I went back and confirmed the katakana in the preview, and it does say "re fu re in" which means Refrain. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the next episode will not be a flashback episode.

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:50 AM
The MS in that picture is most probably a Windam or an ORB ms. Looks most like a Windam tho.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:57 AM
SEED-Fansubs Phase 40 is out.

SEED-Fansubs' WebPage (http://seed.eatshoe.com/]http://seed.eatshoe.com/)

Strike Freedom
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:34 AM
I believe 41 will be a recap, and I believe that one of the many reasons that it might be here now is for the late development of Kira and Athuran, since it focuses on them. We might see some change in their personalities when we see them battle in SF and IJ next time. For those of you who have been compalining of no character development for these two, you might just see it in the upcoming episodes

john_doe_107
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
hey, can someone tell me where archangel is being repaired?

Marcis
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:19 AM
In the same undisclosed location in ORB where it lied until GSD begun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
The same location which fitted it with submersible capability.

KapsLocked
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
I just finished watching the last Cellphone^2 GSD ep. F'n HILARIOUS. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I'm going to make a gif of Cagalli going OMFG!!!111

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Phase 40 from Cellphone was really hilarious, poor Shenmue though, it had to die to make us laugh.

XwingRob
Mon, 07-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Heh I loved it when Jonas/Yuna got punched. I don't think the next episode is gonna be a recap. At least.. not a full one.
Because if it is a recap I will flip out.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:00 PM
It was funny when Jona said "My honey" too. lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
That was easily the funniest scene in all of GSD. Yuna is pathetic beyond words.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:19 PM
I also loved Yuna Roma getting decked, and Cagalli FINALLY did something right!!! She no longer is the dumbest female politician in Gundam history as far as I'm concerned...

The opening scene with Shinn's dream and Rey trying to comfort him (or, well Rey is an emotional fucktard, so I guess that was his best attempt at comfort...) was really great. I really am interested to find out more about Rey, what his outlook on life and the military are and all those things. I still find it weird that I relate to the "bad guys" more than anyone else.... And it should be interesting, whatever Talia wants to do in regards to Dullindal's claim that Athrun and Meyrin deserted and betrayed them...

Oh, and who noticed Rey taking charge over Capt. Gladys? "Shinn made the decision with the authority that Dullindal has given him. And I have acknowledged it. You should acknowledge it too Captain." Thats a boy! Slowly slowly working his way up to be the arch-villain!

But otherwise, wasn't this a pretty lack-luster episode? Yet another new Gundam rolled out, more harping on Uzumi Atha's "will" and ORB's 'ideals' yadda yadda yadda...

I believe that Cagalli's Golden Gundam is the ugliest thing I've ever ever ever witnessed in a serious Gundam show. It seriously should be Aztec Gundam from G Gundam or something like that, or the Alaskan Gold Rush. Is that where all ORB's tax dollars go? Cuz they have the same shitty defense line that failed at Onogoro from last war... (oh wait, thats just repeated footage from the previous series, oh yeh, can't get enough of that in Destiny can we?)

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
I also loved Yuna Roma getting decked, and Cagalli FINALLY did something right!!! She no longer is the dumbest female politician in Gundam history as far as I'm concerned...

She never was, Relena got that title long ago. No one can beat her.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

She never was, Relena got that title long ago. No one can beat her.

Well up to this point I was pretty thoroughly disgusted with Cagalli. While Relena was always a puppet used to appease the more pacifist leaning politicians in Wing, Cagalli had actual control over one of the most powerful nations on Earth. Relena had to her nation and military (the small shitty thing it was) from the ground up, while Cagalli inherited Morgenraete, a thriving military and a nation that could rebuild. But she flushes it down the toilet to her pushy husband-to-be who wasn't even mentioned previously to Destiny, because she can't decide what to do?

At least Relena got ousted by Treize Kushrenada. Getting one upped by Yuna Roma really made me hate her.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I just saw the parody of episode 40 and I can't remember the last time I laughed this much.
Everything was so funny and so TRUE. I can't recommend this enough - everyone should see it.
Here are some of my favorite screens, but seriously, every single thing was hilarious:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/funny2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/funny3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/funny4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/funny5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/funny6.jpg

And the grand slam (which will be used frequently in forum bashing from now on):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/cagomfg.jpg

KapsLocked
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/cagomfg.jpg

As I said before, I'm going to make a GIF of this. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:28 PM
That last one is seriously funny, so is the one with Neo and Athrun.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:11 PM
ahaha, cellphone's was funny, but in the real one, i hope shinn gets his assed handed to him by cagali (not because i dont like shinn, just because its about time something unexpected happened)

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:30 PM
@john_doe_107, the location where AA is being repaired is Onogoro Island, where Morngerete is located. It is not where the civilian buildings and houses are located.

Its official @chaoskiddo, check the "Thoughts" Thread and u will find out too what im talking about. * im not spoiling here *

BTW, I told U guys, it was funny. But forgot to write down the #Seed-Fansubs part, anyway watch if u havent.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Holy shit, those screen shots inspire me to go download this parody sub-ep. Hahaha

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:27 PM
That "my life is a lie" one is so damn hilarious in the actual sub, because it's said by one of those generic soldiers who just appears to say "What?" or something like that and then blow up. Can't really describe it, you need to see it by yourselves. Great stuff.

ogsmokey
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:37 AM
hey all, new to the forum, been creepin a lot finally signed up haha. anyway,
anyone out there who dislikes shin starting to really feel for the guy like me? hes really getting manipulated hardcore now to the point where hes called weak for being upset he thinks he killed off his former comrades. i really hope he discovers the truth later instead of just killing him off now.

oh yeah anyone else notice that waldtfeld's murasame is in the scene when cagalli is leading her troops into battle right before she says to break off so she can recapture the defense hq? its at 17:56 in the hiro sub. im assuming its being piloted by kisaka since hes the only person in power other than cagalli there. so i guess that answers what happens to waldtfeld's ms.

Marcis
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:33 AM
I believe that Cagalli's Golden Gundam is the ugliest thing I've ever ever ever witnessed in a serious Gundam show.
Ugly? No. But it was seen before. 10 years ago in a show called Zeta Gundam, also in Gundam Double Zeta. It's name was Hayaku-Shiki. Bandai toy department gets their well earned bonus for boosting model kit sales yet another 5%! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
There's nothing new in GSD which wasn't done before.
Okay, no other shows had so overpowered Gundams before, xcept maybe for Wing.

But if ep 41 is recap there should be some killing in Bandai HQ, this recap business is going too far.

Marcis
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:37 AM
As for Andy's Gaia being or not being the same as Stellar's - impossible. Shinn disabled Stellar's Gaia, and Athrun took it aboard Minerva. Miverva=ZAFT. So Andy's Gaia can not be the same as Stellar's unit.
I just wonder... what else Lacus manufactores on her lil asteroid factory...
Strike Freedom, Justice rev. 2, 2 METEORs,3 DOMs, one custom-colored Gaia .. something else?
TWO NUCLEAR Gundams! Just as it is! Why she does not rule all Earth sphere already with resources
like that?

john_doe_107
Tue, 07-26-2005, 06:22 AM
@ogsmokey: what's his name, the guy who looks after cagalli, he's using andy's murasame
@strikefreedomblablabla: thanks dude

if it was repaired at onogoro, how come it was never detected?

telemari
Tue, 07-26-2005, 08:31 AM
who is this ? http://www.gundams.net/files/p.../destiny40%20(210).jpg (http://www.gundams.net/files/pictures/destiny/episode40/destiny40%20(210).jpg)

muyg
Tue, 07-26-2005, 09:53 AM
FYI Haro^2 & Tori^2 sub is out
http://static.thepiratebay.org...5D.3361363.TPB.torrent (http://static.thepiratebay.org/downloadtorrent/3361363.torrent/Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_40_by_%5BHaroHaro___ToriTori%5D.3361363.TPB.torre nt)

Everon
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by: telemari
who is this ? http://www.gundams.net/files/p.../destiny40%20(210).jpg (http://www.gundams.net/files/pictures/destiny/episode40/destiny40%20(210).jpg)

I'm pretty sure thats Erica, the person who help design and build Strike and the Astrays.

Curium
Tue, 07-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by: Marcis
Why she does not rule all Earth sphere already with resources like that?

Because being a ruler is over-rated. It is a lot more administrative/boring/repetitive then it is worth. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would bother taking over. I know that people have these big ideas of what they would do when they take over, but assuming they do get to do them, that usually lasts only a short time then you get into the rut of taking care of all the responsibilities of being in charge. Not taking over shows me a lot intelligence on Lacus' part.

Originally posted by: telemari

I'm pretty sure thats Erica, the person who help design and build Strike and the Astrays.

Yep, thats Erica. She probably also helped design the Murasames. She is pretty much in charge of designing all of Orb's MSs.

Marcis
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Curium, i was just being sarcastic.
What i mean is that owning lil private asteroid factory with tech more advanced than ZAFT and EA can use is ridiculous.Too much for me at least.

makino
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:40 AM
What is the link for cellphone's episode 40 parody?

muyg
Wed, 07-27-2005, 07:54 AM
You can download the parody here:
http://fullmetal-archer.com/%5...F3BE928%5D.avi.torrent (http://fullmetal-archer.com/%5BCellphone%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_Phase_40_% 5B9F3BE928%5D.avi.torrent)

makino
Wed, 07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Thank you very much

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
this ep was freakin sweet especially since that jona guy got punched, akatsuki looks awesome

kAi
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Jona got hit...FINALLY! I hate this character.

Akatsuki is awesome, but I rather Strile Freedom, now I need episode 41.

zn|¹
Wed, 07-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I think the literal translation though is Red Moon (Aka = Red, Tsuki = Moon) but I might be wrong.

Ok, just saw that, anywho...

It's not AKA and TSUKI, akatsuki is simply a single word that means dawn, hence you don't see the kanji aka- and tsuki on the shoulder of the new Gundam, but the one kanji Akatsuki. yep...

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:03 PM
What i mean is that owning lil private asteroid factory with tech more advanced than ZAFT and EA can use is ridiculous.Too much for me at least.

Do you even know who Lacus is and who her father was? Do you know about the Clyne Faction? Have you seen SEED? If you have then you should understand why that is not strange. If you haven't go do it right now.

Lacus got immense wealth and contacts. The wealth is both from her father who obviously was loaded and herself who were once the Pop princess of PLANT and probably made insane amounts of money. The contacts is her father who started the Clyne Faction and Andy in general, they both were high up the ranks of ZAFT.

Getting the tech, developing it and produce suits shouldn't be to big of a problem especially not when you know the Representative of ORB which can get you material, scientists and all the other necessary components to run the Clyne Faction.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by: zn|¹

Ok, just saw that, anywho...

It's not AKA and TSUKI, akatsuki is simply a single word that means dawn, hence you don't see the kanji aka- and tsuki on the shoulder of the new Gundam, but the one kanji Akatsuki. yep...

Well, you learn something new every day. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

~strike-freedom~
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:43 PM
hmm, about that song the image song for cagalli, anyone found a link ?

Marcis
Thu, 07-28-2005, 01:58 AM

Do you even know who Lacus is and who her father was? Do you know about the Clyne Faction? Have you seen SEED? If you have then you should understand why that is not strange. If you haven't go do it right now.

Lacus got immense wealth and contacts. The wealth is both from her father who obviously was loaded and herself who were once the Pop princess of PLANT and probably made insane amounts of money. The contacts is her father who started the Clyne Faction and Andy in general, they both were high up the ranks of ZAFT.

Getting the tech, developing it and produce suits shouldn't be to big of a problem especially not when you know the Representative of ORB which can get you material, scientists and all the other necessary components to run the Clyne Faction.
Terra, you are too quick to jump into your favourite Steamroller Gundam i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Chill down man i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

First i do have seen SEED. As it goes i haven't completed watching only 2 Gundam shows - Double Zeta and Turn A. Double Zeta i could not stand those child antics at beginning, might complete it someday. Turn A is in progress - Hero Legends just completed subbing it. Okay, okay i admit that i haven't watched SEED compilation movies. Do they really add that much?

If i remember correctly Siegel Clyne was branded traitor and shot by our very dear Patrick Zala. Doesn't "removing traitor" includes removing his connections and stripping his faction of power as well? But even that does not explains Lacus building NUCLEAR Gundams!
They can obtain technology from ORB yes, but ORB does not have nuclear suits. As it stands only ZAFT created nuclear suits so far. Nuclear Jammer Cancellers were banned by Junius Treaty does that means Lacus&Co has access to their wery own nuclear storage? I guess just have accept fact that they do. Maybe Raww Le Creuset broadcasted Nuclear Jammer Canceller plans to just about everyone. Stolen could be widely available. Maybe for last showdowns we will see some nuclear Gundam on EA side as well.

And what did they use to create Strike Freedom? (btw interesting name if i think about previous Gundam Kira used - Strike+Freedom=Strike Freedom)
Remains of old Freedom? Did they ship torso up there? Or they created it from scratch?

I really have a problem with this show - new Gundams are introduced very quickly and with practically zero explanation. They just appear. 12 Gundams total so far if Akatsuki counts. No show before had that much Gundams. Okay there is always G Gundam, maybe they decided to beat it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Terra, you are too quick to jump into your favourite Steamroller Gundam

???

Kenzaburo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah, I'm with Marcis on this one. Seems very strange what Lacus got going there. No way she got that much resources, that's just insane. I mean, c'mon, there may be the occasional person said to have built a personal/private army, but all this? I thought you guys from the US would at least know about the costs of all your precious military vehicles...I don't even wanna try to imagine what the production costs of a nuclear driven Gundam are. And I can't see a popstar creating all that...Britney Spears building a nuclear powered submarine, huh? Yeah, right. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
Although Lacus' income will probably be a lot bigger than BS's and she may still have some contacts, this whole "state-of-the-art-factory-producing-the-most-developed-gundams-of-all-earth-sphere" is stretching it too far. Look at it, her MS are even better than ZAFT's top notch MS, with technology that should never have been available to them.
And finally, Marcis is right, good ol' Patrick Z did really suck when it comes to the cleaningup part after revealing a traitor if Lacus should still have all the influence of the former Clyne faction.

And btw, I think, Marcis meant PSJ, not Terra.^^

Marcis
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Well actually this trend was started by good 'ol Jules Verne i believe.
Captain Nemo also build Nautilus using his own resources and far more advanced than any tech other nations could offer i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Freki
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Lacus and her father were branded traitors for going against Patrick Zala, so it would seem that everyone else who disagreed with him would join them, which seems to be a lot of people that I am sure include people from all levels of the ZAFT military. As for the mobile suits I am sure it is possible that they have done some spying on ZAFT for technology, and ORB could provide them with resources to produce mobile suits since ORB seems to have no trouble building itself an army it could possibly have extra resources for Lacus to use as well. I don't think the factory is as big a stretch as you think it is, although I admit that it is a little obsurd to have set up a factory floating in space just in case you can no longer go anywhere on Earth or in Space.

bigdaddy843
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:19 AM
well even if the Clynes did have their assets frozen I am pretty sure they had a lot sneaked away, meanwhile, after the war, They would have gotten their cash back. On the other hand, it is probrable taht with so much wreckage around, it would be quite simple to salvage then build a factory on some big random astroid.

blightian
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:27 AM
it feels odd to live in a spaceship in an asteriod isn't it?

bigdaddy843
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Well I guess not really a space ship, but it must feel like a gigantic ship

Marcis
Thu, 07-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: bigdaddy843
well even if the Clynes did have their assets frozen I am pretty sure they had a lot sneaked away, meanwhile, after the war, They would have gotten their cash back. On the other hand, it is probrable taht with so much wreckage around, it would be quite simple to salvage then build a factory on some big random astroid.

factory yes, but technology?
Oh well, each SEED series begun with Gundamjacks so i guess in the world of SEED every technology can be stolen as easy as taking candy from a baby i/expressions/rolleye.gif

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-28-2005, 05:01 PM
HOLY SHIT. Just got back from vacation, and I have a little nice jewel like this episode waiting for me.

First thing, is this:

Imagine if Akatsuki wasn't two years out of date. Because Akatsuki is a freaking destruction machine, and I have no doubt that if it were up to date it would outshine (woot! pun) all of the other Gundams we currently have.

Its unfortunate this episode has to be followed by what is likely a recap.

PSJ
Thu, 07-28-2005, 06:17 PM

Terra, you are too quick to jump into your favourite Steamroller Gundam
Chill down man

First i do have seen SEED. As it goes i haven't completed watching only 2 Gundam shows - Double Zeta and Turn A. Double Zeta i could not stand those child antics at beginning, might complete it someday. Turn A is in progress - Hero Legends just completed subbing it. Okay, okay i admit that i haven't watched SEED compilation movies. Do they really add that much?

If i remember correctly Siegel Clyne was branded traitor and shot by our very dear Patrick Zala. Doesn't "removing traitor" includes removing his connections and stripping his faction of power as well? But even that does not explains Lacus building NUCLEAR Gundams!
They can obtain technology from ORB yes, but ORB does not have nuclear suits. As it stands only ZAFT created nuclear suits so far. Nuclear Jammer Cancellers were banned by Junius Treaty does that means Lacus&Co has access to their wery own nuclear storage? I guess just have accept fact that they do. Maybe Raww Le Creuset broadcasted Nuclear Jammer Canceller plans to just about everyone. Stolen could be widely available. Maybe for last showdowns we will see some nuclear Gundam on EA side as well.

And what did they use to create Strike Freedom? (btw interesting name if i think about previous Gundam Kira used - Strike+Freedom=Strike Freedom)
Remains of old Freedom? Did they ship torso up there? Or they created it from scratch?

I really have a problem with this show - new Gundams are introduced very quickly and with practically zero explanation. They just appear. 12 Gundams total so far if Akatsuki counts. No show before had that much Gundams. Okay there is always G Gundam, maybe they decided to beat it?

Appearently they didn't stop the entire Clyne Faction as it still exists. Andy joined this group later and he probably still got alot of contacts.

The nuclear gundams is not to hard to explain. The Eternal is the ship that was originally designed to carry Freedom and Justice. Eternal is ZAFT based and probably got access to info on Freedom and Justice. Lacus and Kira stole the Freedom from ZAFT which gives them the Nuclear Jammer Cancellers.

As for the nuclear i imagine they could get a hold of it. There is always ways around those kind of things. Just because the nuclear jammer cancellers are down on Earth doesn't mean they don't nuclear powered facilities that are not running. Take some nuclear from one of these and they got it. ORB could very well assist in these things as again the leaders of ORB and the Clyne Faction got alot of connections.

SEED had 12 gundams in total. Strike, Duel, Buster, Blitz, Aegis, Srike Rouge, Freedom, Justice, Calamity, Forbidden, Raider, Providence.

Strike Rouge is a seperate gundam because it got a seperate name. Why it does i don't get but it has.

ChaosK
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:34 PM
it got a different name becuase at the time, strike was still around strike rogue was pink but it seems the colors of a gundam can be changed depending on how you program the sheild (somehow rogue turned blue and red again when kira launched into space unless that wasnt strike rogue which i remember him asking cagali to borrow her gundam.

PSJ
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Still it sells under a diffrent name. I knew someone would point out that it is the same as Strike. I know its dumb but technically it is a diffrent gundam, they changed the name and color scheme which made it slightly diffrent from the normal Strike.

alukard
Fri, 07-29-2005, 05:43 AM
Im waggering that the akasuki was built by Cagalli's father as the upgrade of the then Strike gundam. Strike gundam was not known for its speed. Kira was just a too damn good. Its a Strike Gundam because you can tell by its broad shield, the wings behind it, and the heavy armor. I could be wrong and it could be something fast as a Athrun's previous suits. Either way It has been a while and its tech may be outdated compared to the new suits that have arrived fresh out off the war factory. I'd like Caggali's determination and loyalty to her homeland if it wasn't for if Athrun has to bring her back piece by piece. She's also a novice compared to the war vets in close quarters, her suit is just an upgraded Strike gundum and we've yet to see what it can offer especially since she's not as good a pilot if the best we've seen so far from a natural was Neo, she's born with normal genes and not to be a sexist but even if she's just a woman, Shinn isn't the type to give any slack like how he took Athrun on knowing a civilian and young girl was on board. Game on, good kuck Cagalli.

And i thought she would never hold a gun and shoot or harm anyone. My gurl's all grown now. Lets hope she can keep her head on her shoulders. It would be a pity if Uzumi's will would be brought back as spare parts for the older Strike gundam models. In other words im waggering against Cagalli but we'll know by next episodes and i expect she'll somehow survive Shinn's onslaught.

Marcis
Fri, 07-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Still it sells under a diffrent name. I knew someone would point out that it is the same as Strike. I know its dumb but technically it is a diffrent gundam, they changed the name and color scheme which made it slightly diffrent from the normal Strike.
Too bad Strike Rouge never showed it's IWSP pack

PSJ
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Alukard the only thing i found wrong about your post was the statement about Meyrin. When did she become a civilian? She works for ZAFT and helped Athrun escapde which also makes her a traitor.

That would be badass, i like the IWSP pack.

telemari
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by: alukardAnd i thought she would never hold a gun and shoot or harm anyone. My gurl's all grown now. Lets hope she can keep her head on her shoulders. It would be a pity if Uzumi's will would be brought back as spare parts for the older Strike gundam models. In other words im waggering against Cagalli but we'll know by next episodes and i expect she'll somehow survive Shinn's onslaught.

Cagalli is still someone with SEED and someone who survived Jakin Due. It would be nice to have her go SEED and end Shinn back without legs, and having Kira go help when Impulse, Legend and Another 30 MS appear, Fuduka's not going to do that.

PSJ
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:57 AM
No, Kira will come right after Destiny owns Akatsuki and is going to destroy it. You know like he did in SEED when he first got Freedom and what he did when he went to space with Strike.

telemari
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah. That's so stupid and predictable. Very Fudaka-ish.

dead
Fri, 07-29-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't think it was a surprise at all for any person who saw GS before GSD to see cagally taking a bunch of grunt units down. Some1 said that he didnt imagine cagally blowing some1s head off or piloting a MS i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif oh well, she took a couple of guys while she was aboard the AA in GS and she's been piloting Strike Rogue for quiet some time now. She even has a Seed mode i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif the only problem with cagally is that she has really changed in GSD shes been very quite and she cries a lot now, she didnt cry as much in GS , i think she started crying a lot when her dad died.... oh well, but i think her new MS is quiet nice, and she will kick ass in the next episodes, good for her, but i do not think she will defeat shinn at all, not even with her new toy, shame i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

MeroTZ
Fri, 07-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm convinced that while Cagali is outmatched in piloting skill, she has a Mobile Suit with tricks unlike anything we've seen to this point. In fact, I'm convinced that had it launched in the original SEED, it would have been the most powerful suit around (Providence? Pah! It cant even hurt it!)

While the outcome of this fight is predictable, I'm pulling for Cagali to put of the fight of her life (maybe, if she goes SEED before Shinn, she'll get some good hits in).

Damn, if only this episode had had more combat. Akatsuki is now in my top 3 SEED Gundams.

KapsLocked
Fri, 08-05-2005, 08:20 PM
http://students.washington.edu/polink/cagalli.gif

I forgot that I made this. Sorry for the lateness. ^^

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-06-2005, 05:22 AM
thanks man, that will come in handy i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif