PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite seiyuu!

Hybridi
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
So who're your favourite voice actors?
For me;

1. Seki Toshihiko - Nothing beats his ultra-calm and cool voice, also often voices bad ass people like Legato from Trigun and Raww from GS

2. Seki Tomokazu - The way he screams with characters with short temper like Yzak (URUSAI !!)

3. Hayashibara Megumi - Her voice is just plain cute. ^^

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm not quite sure on her name, but the woman who does Lina in slayers, i think she also did Misato in NGE and a few other big roles... she sounds so cuuute~!

other than her, the only other person I recognize is Kappa Yamaguchi. he plays (played) Inuyasha, Ranma, Ussop, Monta (ES21) and a million more roles. i remember his name since he works in almost every anime around, and his voice has some kind of a 'dry' feeling for it...

that's all I know about seiyuus.

Honoko
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Midorikawa Hikaru-- first encountered in Fushigi Yuugi as Tamahome..... another appearance would be Ryuhou from Scryed i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Man, his voice is sooooo beautiful :-P

XanBcoo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Masaya Onosaka
hands down
the man's a genious - cracks me up in every role

Edit for below comment: Onosaka is Vash in Trigun, Ichaan in Angelic Layer (he's the only reason I watched that damn show), Piros in the .hack games, Takeo in Magic User's Club, etc, etc, etc.

Munsu
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:52 PM
It would be good if you guys could list some of the characters your respective VA played...

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:23 PM
oooh yea favorite female VA's

1. Hayashibara Megumi - she's damn amazing and can do a wide range of chars,,
I loved her as: Rei - Evangelion. Megumi - Tenshi na Konamaiki, Faye - Cowboy bebop

and a close 2nd

2. Mitsuishi Kotono - dont know how she managed to talk sooo fast as Excel - Excel Saga, she's also Ramius Murre (sp?) in SEED, Mireille in Noir, Misato in Evangelion

Mut
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Yamadera Kouichi - Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop
Seki Tomokazu - Sagara Sousuke from FMP series
Yukino Satsuki - Kaname Chidori from FMP series
Hayashi Nobutoshi - Gatts from Berserk

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Kiyasu Kohei-Ippo from Hajime No Ippo
Koyama Rikiya- Takamura from Hajime No Ippo
Yamadera Kouichi - Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop
Sakaguchi Shuhei -Kawachi Kyosuke from Yakitate Japan

Nai
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Hiroki Takahashi - Hisoka, Hunter X Hunter
"Kujira" - Orochimaru, Naruto
Romi Paku - Edward Elric, Full Metal Alchemist

yallo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Ooohhh I second Seki Toshihiko!!! <3 He did Legato Bluesummers in Trigun, Sanzo in Saiyuki, and Detective Maniwa in Paranoia Agent.
I also like Hirata Hiroaki - Sanji in One Piece and Sha Gojyo in Saiyuki.
Satsuki Yukino - Chidori in FMP, Milly Thompson in Trigun, Yoruichi in Bleach (!!!!!!!) <3

It constantly amazes me how they can change their voice to suit such vastly different characters... ^^

Board of Command
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Kobayashi Sanae, just because she did Lucy in Elfen Lied.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: Nai

oh yeah! I love him/her/it. Such a creepy-ass voice. He/she/it also does the voice of that old lady in I My Me Strawberry Eggs.

Some other favorites of mine are:
Mayo Suzukaze - Kenshin's voice
Whoever does Rukia's Voice
Whoever does Baiken's voice (from Guilty Gear)
and Yuu Asakawa - Sakaki-San's Voice

they've all got the similar soft, stern, tomboyish timbre - love it.

Psyke
Sun, 07-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Tomokazu "Shining Finger" Seki.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Favorite voice actors and roles

Tomukazu Seki (YZAK FROM SEED, Van Fanel from Escaflowne, Junpei from Those Who Hunt Elves)
Toshihiko Seki (Mousse from Ranma 1/2, Legato from Trigun, Rey from Seed Destiny)
Ishida Akira (Xellos from Slayers, Gaara from Naruto, Kaworu from Evangelion, Athrun from Seed)
Koyasu Takehito (This guy has like a million roles, but I especially like him in his comedic ones - Hanagata from Saber Marionette J in particular... other than that, just hit his name up, you'll see an insane amount of roles)
Mitsuishi Kotono (She can play the serious captain Murrue in Seed AND a sexual hamster named Ebichu - RESPECT! Also, Excel from Excel Saga)

@xanbcoo: Wonderful choice with Baiken. I just love Guilty Gear and the voice acting is outstanding.

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:26 PM
No one seems to have mentioned that Toshihiko Seki does Iruka-sensei's voice 0_o

yallo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Wow looks like lots of people like Seki Toshihiko. Awesome! ^^
I think he sings pretty well too, love all his songs in those image albums.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo

Originally posted by: Nai

oh yeah! I love him/her/it. Such a creepy-ass voice. He/she/it also does the voice of that old lady in I My Me Strawberry Eggs.

Some more info on "Kujira" (http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=3581)

That person really does have a unique voice.

Hikyuu
Mon, 07-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Asano Mayumi : the voice of Hisoka in Yami No Matsuei.. (also Haku I just found out..))
Katsuyuki KONISHI - Soubi from Loveless
Junko MINAGAWA - Aoyagi Ritsuka from Loveless ( Haku's mother wtf o.o))

EDIT: OMG >< I JUST GOT SPOILED looking for her character in bleach.. what a gip =/ ::burns the image oiut his mind.::

Everon
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Seki Tomokazu - Yzak (GSeed), Sagara Sosuke (FM Panic!), Viewtiful JOE!
Keiji Fujiwara - Saku Gyouso (12 Kingdoms), Maes Hughes (FM Alchemist), Reno (FF7 Advent)

Kugimiya Rie - Alphone (FM Alchemist), Kana (Bleach)
The person who played Pacifica Kasull in Scrapped Princess had a great voice, and I'm sure I've heard it other places as well.

Archangel
Wed, 09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
It's got to be Rie Kugimiya

Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku!), Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), and Yuuhi (Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka)

She's probably the only female voice actor i can alway identify

As for males, probably Norio Wakamoto and Jōji Nakata

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM
As for males, probably Norio Wakamoto and Kana Ueda
ROFL! I don't think she (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1568) would be too happy about to hear that. You misidentified Rin Tohsaka's seiyuu as a male?

Mizuki Nana (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=436) all the way for me. She has a really good character range and sings very well (huge vocal range there too).

Sayaka Ohara (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1376) right behind her. In terms of the extremes, she might outrange Mizuki Nana on character (http://img441.imageshack.us/i/aliciaflorencewallpaper.jpg/) types (http://img441.imageshack.us/i/selvariablesbigart.jpg/), and no one has a sexier evil witch voice.

Archangel
Wed, 09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
My bad, i meant Jōji Nakata also from fate/stay night ( Kotomine Kirei )

darkshadow
Wed, 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Nobuyuki Hiyama
Tomokazu Seki
Hirano Aya

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Mamoru Miyano

Light from Deathnote, Ling from FMA2, Kid(!) from Soul Eater (I really enjoy that role)

there are a few others where I simply like the "voice" but I can't really tell whether their voice acting is above average or not

poopdeville
Wed, 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
The guy who played Crocodile in One Piece was pretty awesome, and probably Enel too. And the guys who play Sandaime Hokage and Jiraiya, and even Kakashi. But the guy who plays Kakashi has been in some "nice cool bad guy roles," but he really has a "nice cool good guy" voice. No versatility, though it fits the Kakashi character.

And the guy who plays Ussop. And Buggy And Luffy. And the lady who played Gon Freccs in HxH. Most of the central One Piece and HxX are good.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
In descending order:

Ayako Kawasumi - Lamhirh from Crest and Banner of the Stars (my favorite role for her BTW), Saber from FSN, Nodame from Nodame Cantabile. Her voice just makes me want to hug the character she is playing (except for the aberration that is in Queen's Blade).

Jun Fukuyama - Lelouch from Code Geass, Rikuo from Time of Eve, Leopard from Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo. He has such a distinct voice, but can still play a multitude of roles, from serious to absurdly comical.

Hirano Aya - Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (just because she sang God knows, the song that revolutionized seiyuu music in anime IMHO). She also did well playing the loli Kaoru in Zettai Karen Children.

Yukana - C.C. from Code Geass (mostly because of this role), Tear from Tales of the Abyss.

Koshimizu Ami - Holo from Spice and Wolf. I didn't really like her as Kallen from Code Geass, but her wolf god role allowed her to showcase her talent enough to make me a fan.

Board of Command
Wed, 09-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Koshimizu Ami - Horo from Spice and Wolf, Kallen from Code Geass, Tenma from School Rumble. She has a huge range of voices and always sounds the way her characters are meant to sound.

Sakamoto Maaya - Alphard from Canaan, Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai. She plays her roles very well.

Tomatsu Haruka - Nagi from Kannagi, Rouge from Basquash, Yun-Yun from Canaan. She's my favorite "upbeat" seiyu, as she has a nice range of highs and lows.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
How could I forget Tomatsu Haruka! I also like the fact that she can sing quite well.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I also like Shiraishi Ryoko a lot. It's pretty amazing that she voices Hayate from...well, Hayate, and also Arashi from Natsu no Arashi. Nice range there.

Kraco
Thu, 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Ayako Kawasumi and Mizuki Nana (Fate Testarossa of Nanoha, Iga Oboro of Basilisk, Hinata of Naruto, Touma Minami of Minami-ke, etc). I can barely remember the names of any other voice actors even though I'm somewhat interested in VAs in general and keep checking ANN regularly when I recognize a voice in an anime (which happens a lot after all the anime I've watched). Ayako Kawasumi kind of keeps connecting to Saber in my mind all the time, which is funny when watching something like Nodame, which is a 170 degrees different character.

Should I mention some males as well, they would be the already mentioned Jouji Nakata and then also Norio Wakamoto (Anderson of Hellsing, The Emperor of Code Geass, Isshin Arima of Princess Lover, Oda Nobunaga of Sengoku Basara). Really a man to play crazed fundamentalist roles.

I guess I should also mention Tomokazu Seki (Sagara of Full Metal Panic, Kenichi of Kenichi, Gilgamesh of FSN, Chiaki of Nodame). This is a funny one for me, because I really like his voice when he plays characters like Sagara or Chiaki but when he goes whiny like with Kenichi I bloody hate the voice.

darkshadow
Thu, 09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
You should hear tomokazu's Domon Kasshu, that stuff is Legend.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
IHirano Aya - Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (just because she sang God knows, the song that revolutionized seiyuu music in anime IMHO). She also did well playing the loli Kaoru in Zettai Karen Children.
Personally I think the casting of White Album covers how I view the situation pretty adequately.

Mizuki Nana plays Rina, the older more established singer, and Hirano plays Yuki, the young up and coming singer who benefits tremendously from the successes of those who came before her.

Hirano sings more mainstream music, and while I certainly love God Knows... and Unnamed World, I can't help but feel a part of her success is mostly due to the sole fact that she played Haruhi, pretty much the role that makes a career, and that episode in particular. Her spot singing God Knows... on HEY HEY HEY was pretty awesome (can't find a youtube link anymore), but the rest of her live performances are very...meh. She definitely struggles sometimes, and for how long she has been doing songs, I think she should be better.

Mizuki Nana is really spectacular live on the other hand (plenty of youtube videos around). I think that you can tell she really loves to sing (not too far from her character in White Album).

Hirano has brought a lot to the seiyuu-idol connection, but she owes a lot to the success of the seiyuu before her like Mizuki Nana.

/fanboy rant

Of course, this means the casting in White Album is absolutely perfect for the two of them.

(besides, I hate the way Hirano always does cutesy voices in interviews and inevitably slips back into her lower-toned normal voice every time, which makes her sound a lot more attractive in my opinion.)

Board of Command
Thu, 09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
(besides, I hate the way Hirano always does cutesy voices in interviews and inevitably slips back into her lower-toned normal voice every time, which makes her sound a lot more attractive in my opinion.)
Look up Omigawa Chiaki on Youtube. Now that's a weird interview voice.

Testarossa Autodrive
Thu, 09-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Inoue Kazuhiko
Midorikawa Hikaru (Oh jeeze, you don't wanna know where I fell in love with his voice acting from...see below)
Shinichiro Miki (Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood...though, I know him better in the BL/yaoi stuff and same with the following seiyuu) :3
Toshiyuki Morikawa (Just about everything that needs a voice over; haha, although famously known as Sephiroth)
Kazuya Nakai (Mugen - Samurai Champloo)
Kaneto Shiozawa (RIP, but an amazing voice actor)
Toshihiko Seki

hmm, you know, I just noticed that all of the seiyuu I've named have done (and or worked together) on a boat load of BL Drama CDs/OVA/series xD

Archangel
Thu, 09-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Look up Omigawa Chiaki on Youtube. Now that's a weird interview voice.

Indeed it is O_o

Japanese take it too far sometimes when they're trying to be cute.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-24-2009, 07:16 PM
/fanboy rant

I perfectly agree. God knows, Lost My Music and Unnamed World are the songs that I associate with Hirano Aya the most, since I think it makes the most use of her voice. Her other songs are too mainstream anime music that it just doesn't click. There are other fun songs like Hare Hare Yukai and Parallel Days, but I think first three are still much better.

The reason why I think Hirano revolutionized anime music is solely because of her performance in Haruhi. She is hardly consistent (which is why I never said she was a good singer), but that anime live show just set the bar for everyone else, making it seem that the cutesy pop idol (that has a baby voice) has become a thing of the past.

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Indeed it is O_o

Japanese take it too far sometimes when they're trying to be cute.

that voice is making me angry.
srsly it's she sounds totally retarded, not cute at all

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH I HATE HER!
you can really hear that this is not her real voice.

and she's the one who voiced Maka from Soul Eater?

Kraco
Sat, 09-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Mizuki Nana is really spectacular live on the other hand (plenty of youtube videos around). I think that you can tell she really loves to sing (not too far from her character in White Album).

Hirano has brought a lot to the seiyuu-idol connection, but she owes a lot to the success of the seiyuu before her like Mizuki Nana.

Mizuki Nana is probably a decent deal to have as a voice actor in a series, because they can so easily make her sing professional quality OPs/EDs... In some of those articles depicting the blighted financial situation of seiyuu they separately mentioned that many projects save money by having voice actors sing themes as it costs little compared to licensing songs from "real" musicians.

I was just listening to Mizuki Nana's Basilisk EDs and I have to say she can surely sing excellently.