PDA

View Full Version : 269 out

[]v[]anchurian_Candidate
Fri, 07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
You can get it here (http://web.telia.com/~u32215136/269scan.zip)

scanlation by Stiluz

Have fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sidnne
Fri, 07-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Doesn't Sakura remind you of Rogue from the comic book X-men now? Only without the ability to steal other peoples powers.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:16 PM
let me get this straignt, she punched through the hardned steel metal?
at least they ain't going overboard with her powers, eh?

so, Chiyo is also puppeted, but how exactly does it work? who puts the devices inside them? I find it hard to believe that the cut themselves open and connect joints inside thier own bodies, they probably need some other puppeter to help them... i can see it working for Chiyo (theere probably are more puppet users in the sand village who can at least help her, but what about Sasori? who helped him?
of course, the question won't be valied until we see some inner body puppetry from him.

other then that, what are those black iron blocks? why use a form of a square and triangle as a weapon?

Hikyuu
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:29 PM
OK.. remind me not to quick speed scanlations.. That was way too blury.. and I am just going to pretend that those blocks were all his fault.. and the black polygons that take up the whole panel will dissapear when agood version comes out.. Lets just blame it on his scanner.. Ugh that was.. ugh..

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:31 PM
about the whole puppet inside there own boddy can't they just control a puppet with their free arm to put it in her other sounds logical since they can do practically anything with those puppets

Sidnne
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:03 PM
other then that, what are those black iron blocks? why use a form of a square and triangle as a weapon?

I think he was trying to squish them. /shrug. Not very ninja-like imo.

Zhan
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
man, what a shitty chapter, this is probably the worst one since the fight started.

basey44
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:41 PM
the link isnt working i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

kAi
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Worked for me, but yeah the chaptrer is crap.

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Looks like all Sakura will ever be is a puppet to be used.

SK
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:07 AM
this chapter sucked ass.

mage
Sat, 07-23-2005, 12:27 AM
this fight sucks ass

Neko Haruko
Sat, 07-23-2005, 02:02 AM
god......
WOULD YOU SAKURA HATERS JUST SHUT UP ALREADY?! We get the damn point! You hate Sakura. We know. Why can't you just shut up already? Pleeeeaaaase?

I can't wait for next week. I love Sakura. *glares at Sakura haters*

American Hero
Sat, 07-23-2005, 03:35 AM
I actually like Sakura now.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:00 AM
She's totally hot, the anime groupsshould have worked on some hentai filler instead!

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:04 AM
OMFG NOBODY DIED?!?!?!!?! EVEN THOUGH SASORI SAID SO LAST WEEK?
WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!111

Also,

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
She's totally hot, the anime groupsshould have worked on some hentai filler instead!

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

RasenDori
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
Doesn't Sakura remind you of Rogue from the comic book X-men now? Only without the ability to steal other peoples powers.

if sakura is rogue... would that make sasuke gambit? ... something just doesnt sound right about that. a side from the fact that saukra and rogue both have super strength there are no really parallels between the two. tsunade would be better comparision because their personalities are more similar (not to mention they both have big boobs), and it would make jiraiya gambit... and that sounds a little better.

Sidnne
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori

if sakura is rogue... would that make sasuke gambit? ... something just doesnt sound right about that. a side from the fact that saukra and rogue both have super strength there are no really parallels between the two. tsunade would be better comparision because their personalities are more similar (not to mention they both have big boobs), and it would make jiraiya gambit... and that sounds a little better.

Just because there is a Rogue reference does not mean that somebody has to be Gambit.

The comparison is in the artwork of Sakura in this arc and Rogue in the comic books. She punches the same way, has the glove thing going on, the way she pulls the glove up and her facial expression when getting ready for action, the super strength, and the fact that the only thing she ever seems to do is throw a big punch to smash something.

Its almost as if Rogue was Kishi's inspiration for the new Sakura. A fan of the X-men comics would understand what I mean, but I don't expect somebody who only watched the cartoons or saw the movies to know.

Hikyuu
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by: basey44
the link isnt working

Basey, you must have fallen into God's grace. he didnt allow you to see that horrid thing.. Im not a Sakura basher but wtf was up with that chapter? I havent seen shapes like that since kindergarten..

Mut
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Sasori got an A in geometry.

Everon
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:38 AM
Not sure why people disliked this chapter at all. I would have liked to see "mom and dad" have some more tricks up thier sleeves (time will tell maybe?), but it was interesting to see the grandmother puppetize herself and also why Sasori looks like he hasn't aged at all.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:44 AM
wow people really dislike this chapter and fight, i really like this fight sasori is cool and the puppet he uses is also awesome and finally sakura is being usefull although as a puppet for chiyo-ba but still she's doing something worthwhile

Hikyuu
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
Not sure why people disliked this chapter at all. I would have liked to see "mom and dad" have some more tricks up thier sleeves (time will tell maybe?), but it was interesting to see the grandmother puppetize herself and also why Sasori looks like he hasn't aged at all.

We dislike it either because we would rather see good drawing then a big shape wedged into the middle of a shot or we hate Sakura.. both are acceptable on this forum. I believe mom and dad were out of commision because the joins are well not joints anymore. No movement from them so I dont see why there would be anymore tricks up their sleeves (Unless chiyo-ba has a new move...UNCLOG JOINTs NO JUTSU.. but that would kinda suck).. Oh and he has not aged much because Naruto was lacking on the bishounen front so they needed another ^-^;

Assertn
Sun, 07-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Puppet jutsus are totally badass

The thing i don't care much for this ep is that it pretty much puts the fight in the same position that it was in last week:
Sasori bringing out a super crazy attack and Sakura and Chiyo attempting to resist it.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 07-24-2005, 12:54 PM
This chapter was overall kinda hard for me to follow, either the drawing itself or the scanslation was just... eww. Everything seemed so jumbled and chaotic. I couldn't tell what was going on very well.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Shannaro's LQ is out.

drcitan
Sun, 07-24-2005, 02:24 PM
This chapter was the least exciting since the fights started. I'm guessing Chiyo had some kind of magnetic device that attracted the iron sand toward her and then blocked it with the charka shield. Nevermind scratch out the magnetic device part because I just remember Sasori's mom blocked for Sakura. Kishimoto took away a lot of excitment cuz I was thinking this was gonna be one of the best chapters yet.

Honoko
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:21 PM
finally read the chapter... i guess the sakura-haters are just bitching out of habit now more than anything else. granted, it was an unsatisfying chapter and i am still waiting to see what sakura can do besides punch things into pieces. on the other hand, i don't see anyone complaining about her just standing around and whining about how completely useless she is. because guess what? she's not useless anymore! boring, maybe, but not useless =P

sangai
Sun, 07-24-2005, 08:17 PM
the pace at which this fight is goin is just taking far to long ....i wanna see some serious hand to hand combat,....not this puppet BS..sure you know kankuro doin it is pretty cool...he had his limits..but to have to sit through this chiyo ba and sasori crap just isn't exciting...its like OMG he has the worlds strongest puppet and she has his parents that are puppets....@,@ plz.....i wanna see something new the puppet fights just arn't exciting enough.

now maybe this is all cause i just wanna see the naruto deidara fight...i really wanna see how far he has come along..so far all we have seen was how much sakura has progressed uber streangth and some medic skills that are damn impressive but not what we wanna see.....

atm..if naruto is takin is what matters.how things progress is how much the anime will continue and progress or just flat out stop..

atm..... i see naruto gettin kidnapped....but i don't see that happening... simply for the fact that would come to soon.

Everon
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu
We dislike it either because we would rather see good drawing then a big shape wedged into the middle of a shot or we hate Sakura.. both are acceptable on this forum. I believe mom and dad were out of commision because the joins are well not joints anymore. No movement from them so I dont see why there would be anymore tricks up their sleeves (Unless chiyo-ba has a new move...UNCLOG JOINTs NO JUTSU.. but that would kinda suck).. Oh and he has not aged much because Naruto was lacking on the bishounen front so they needed another ^-^;

Well, I was hoping that Chiyo had the puppets rigged with explosives, but I think people might find that a bit distasteful

It would be nice if we saw some new jutsu's from sakura, but because she is a medical nin thoses skills are more likely to be defensive jutsus.

Anyhow I'm enjoying the puppet fight between Chiyo and Sasori, even if has reverted back to a fight between Sakura and the third Kazekage.

mage
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: sangai
atm..... i see naruto gettin kidnapped....but i don't see that happening... simply for the fact that would come to soon.
wtf?

American Hero
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:14 PM

I see you becoming a highly respected scholar, but I don't see that happening.

This chapter was really lame, by the way. This fight is easily the most boring in the manga's history.

The entire ninja-puppet/chakra-thread idea was stupid when it was introduced through Kankuro. What made them think a battle between two other puppet-users would be a good idea?

Hikyuu
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Ok, yesterday I read the shannaro release. Tt was a little better but only because the geometric figures actually became 3-d with a higher quality scan.. Though why anyone would fight with shapes like that is still beyond me..

RasenDori
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:01 AM

Just because there is a Rogue reference does not mean that somebody has to be Gambit.

The comparison is in the artwork of Sakura in this arc and Rogue in the comic books. She punches the same way, has the glove thing going on, the way she pulls the glove up and her facial expression when getting ready for action, the super strength, and the fact that the only thing she ever seems to do is throw a big punch to smash something.

Its almost as if Rogue was Kishi's inspiration for the new Sakura. A fan of the X-men comics would understand what I mean, but I don't expect somebody who only watched the cartoons or saw the movies to know.

*looks up at the extensive collection of x-men tradebacks in my library* hmmm ... i guess those dont matter because apparently the only exposer to the x-men i've had for the past 10 years were the comics and cartoons.

btw dude, i was only kidding about the whole gambit thing, have a little fun.

kAi
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:36 AM
The puppet jutsu is not all that bad, I like it, but this fight seems to be going down hill now.
Sasori was badass in that Scorpion puppet. I think they broke it to early.

RasenDori
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:09 AM
i think that breaking the armor puppet set things straight because now he has a weakness they can manage to exploit.

Hikyuu
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Its sad how sakura is being used for her Karate chop action... Press button located in the back of doll and bam.. she chops( on her case its strings but you get the point)

kAi
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but breaking the puppet is not what I wanted, I liked the scorpion one, also, it's now lead them to the point of fighting Sandaime Kazekage, with his Iron Sand technique.

RasenDori
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:04 PM
i fail to see what makes that such a horrible concept. its more appopriate that sasori has ultra skill like the rest of the akatsuki : itahi: one hit kill sharingan, deidara: boom clay, kisame: chakra sapping sword, sasori: human puppets. but dont get me wrong... i liked the old armor. i think it was a more appropiate look for him. before he seemed older and wiser (espcially when he beat the shit out of kankurou) and he had a look on his face that made it seem like he was perpetually annoyed. now with that kid face without any emotions he just seems crazy.

sangai
Mon, 07-25-2005, 01:10 PM
LOL about that..yah there was more to that thought ..but um somehow i left it out..thinking slower then i type ...um yah..ooops..as for the thought i forgot what it was..SOZ....(<-sorry)

but yes the fighting is very slow..and very boring on the whole sakura saindaime kinda deal...not was i was hopin for with this fight.

American Hero
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
..SOZ....(<-sorry)

Thanks for the Idiot to English translation.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:53 PM
LOL about that..yah there was more to that thought ..but um somehow i left it out..thinking slower then i type ...um yah..ooops..as for the thought i forgot what it was..SOZ....(<-sorry)

but yes the fighting is very slow..and very boring on the whole sakura saindaime kinda deal...not was i was hopin for with this fight.

are yo u still speaking english? i did not understand a word of that...and what was the point of

...um yah..ooops..

samsonlonghair
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Sakura hating has gotten a little old already, hasn't it?
It's good to see more puppet jutsu fights. The one between Sasori and Kankuro was too short for us to learn anything about the fighting style. I hated it at first, but I've actually started to like puppet battling now.

Raven
Tue, 07-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Personally I'm enjoying this fight somewhat, but my concern is that it's moving too slowly in regards to keeping ahead of the anime. It encourages more and more shitty filler.

Assertn
Tue, 07-26-2005, 12:01 PM
It's not that we need less puppet combat, its that we need more on the different battles taking place......

If kishimoto kept the same amount of the sasori vs chiyo fight, but released the pages twice as fast, then I'm sure people wouldn't complain about the puppet combat.

kAi
Tue, 07-26-2005, 01:36 PM
i fail to see what makes that such a horrible concept. its more appopriate that sasori has ultra skill like the rest of the akatsuki : itahi: one hit kill sharingan, deidara: boom clay, kisame: chakra sapping sword, sasori: human puppets. but dont get me wrong... i liked the old armor. i think it was a more appropiate look for him. before he seemed older and wiser (espcially when he beat the shit out of kankurou) and he had a look on his face that made it seem like he was perpetually annoyed. now with that kid face without any emotions he just seems crazy.

It's NOT that it's a horrible concept, I just wanted MORE of the Scorpion puppet, the Sandaime Kazekage is awesome, I just like the scorpion, it's a matter of preference.

Hikyuu
Tue, 07-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
It's NOT that it's a horrible concept, I just wanted MORE of the Scorpion puppet, the Sandaime Kazekage is awesome, I just like the scorpion, it's a matter of preference.
Like ribbed or flavored... anyway.. Kishimoto probably thought the scorpion got enough flash from a full quick fight with Kankuro and then the very beginning of the sakura fight. Most people get bored of seeing the same thing so change was necessary to keep most of the avid fans at bay..Though it appears he needs another change right about now.. away frromo the puppets and Geometry..

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:41 PM
i normally considered a "quick fight" 1 or 2 chapters except that lasted 2 pages. All we saw was kank confronting him, then kank nearly dead.

RasenDori
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by: Hikyuu

Originally posted by: kAi
Like ribbed or flavored... anyway.. Kishimoto probably thought the scorpion got enough flash from a full quick fight with Kankuro and then the very beginning of the sakura fight. Most people get bored of seeing the same thing so change was necessary to keep most of the avid fans at bay..Though it appears he needs another change right about now.. away frromo the puppets and Geometry..

i think that kishimoto destroyed hiruko early on to make sasori look and seem more "grandson like" to chiyo

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM
i used to think the scorpio body was his body, but i much rather this semi-homosexual face of his.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i used to think the scorpio body was his body, but i much rather this semi-homosexual face of his.
OMG me too .. he is such a bishi ^^; (and yes I knew it was sarcasm)