View Full Version : Arthrun Units

aznroyale
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:31 AM
<u>Aegis</u>
2 x "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head
4 x beam saber, 1 stored on each arm and leg
shield, mounted on left arm
60mm beam rifle, power rating unknown, stored on right hip, hand-carried in use
"Scylla" 580mm energy cannon, power rating unknown, operable only in mobile armor attack mode

<u>Justice</u>
2 x 120cm high-energy beam cannon
2 x 93.7cm high-energy beam cannon
2 x MA-X200 beam sword
77 x 60cm "Erinaceus" anti-ship missile launchers (22 per pod, 12 per arm unit, 9 on tail fin)

<u>Saviour</u>
2 x MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head
MMI-RD11 aerodynamic shield, mounted on left arm
2 x M106 "Amfortas" plasma beam cannon, mounted on backpack, can be fired in mobile suit and mobile armor mode
2 x MMI-GAU2 "Picus" 76mm machine gun; 2 x MA-7B "Super Fortis" beam cannon
2 x MA-M941 "Vajra" beam saber, stored on shoulders, hand-carried in use

<u>Infinite Justice</u>
MA-M1911 high-energy beam rifle x 1
MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" beam saber x 2
MMI-M19L 14mm head-mounted dual machine gun x 2
MMI-GAU26 17.5mm chest-mounted CIWS x 2
RQM55 "Shining Edge" beam bommerang x 2
MR-Q15A "Griffon" leg beam blade x 2
MX2002 beam carry shield (includes EEQ8 Grapple Stinger) x 1
backpack/subflight lifter: MA-6J "Hyper Fortis" beam cannon x 2
MA-M02S "Plephis Lacerta" retracted beam cannon-mounted short beam saber x 2
MR-Q17X "Griffon 2" wing-mounted beam blade x 2
MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" lifter tip beam saber x 1

<u>Which Unit Is The Best?</u>

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
i would say saviour, but thats just because i like it more
Infinite Justice
Saviour
Justice
Aegis

MrTicTac
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:10 PM
dont u have a similar topic already made? hmm is Arthrun another accepted spelling of his name (Asuran or Athrun) ?

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
did justice have boomerangs?

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
yes, on his shoulders
RQM51 "Bassel" beam boomerang

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:27 PM
yes thats what i thought but its not on the list up there...

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-22-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by: aznroyale

<u>Justice</u>
77 x 60cm "Erinaceus" anti-ship missile launchers (22 per pod, 12 per arm unit, 9 on tail fin)

<u>Infinite Justice</u>
MA-M1911 high-energy beam rifle x 1
MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" beam saber x 2
MMI-M19L 14mm head-mounted dual machine gun x 2
MMI-GAU26 17.5mm chest-mounted CIWS x 2
RQM55 "Shining Edge" beam bommerang x 2
MR-Q15A "Griffon" leg beam blade x 2
MX2002 beam carry shield (includes EEQ8 Grapple Stinger) x 1
backpack/subflight lifter: MA-6J "Hyper Fortis" beam cannon x 2
MA-M02S "Plephis Lacerta" retracted beam cannon-mounted short beam saber x 2
MR-Q17X "Griffon 2" wing-mounted beam blade x 2
MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" lifter tip beam saber x 1

<u>Which Unit Is The Best?</u>

just where is this 77x missile launchers? i don't remember athrun using it during seed.
best suit..is of course the one with the long list of weaponry..damn that's a lot..

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-22-2005, 02:23 AM
on meteor maybe

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
The meteor isn't counted in the suits weaponry list.

1. IJ
2. Justice
3. Saviour
4. Aegis

Justice is better than Saviour because it got unlimited power, while Saviour can go on for a limited amount of time Justice can go on forever and i feel Justice can do more advanced battle tactics with the detachable flight pack. On the other hand Saviour can transform into an MA with increased speed.

Yukimura
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Technically since Savior had the Deuterion beam recharger it had 'infinite' power. And since Athrun is hands down a better pilot than Shinn he would definately have been able to recharge without getting blown into pieces whenever he needed to. Though it's interesting that Athrun never once ran out of power in Saviour, while Shinn had to be recharged several times.

My two cents.

Most Pure-Awesomeness contained within a suit

#1 - IJ - Nuclear, I think, Beam Saber Shmorgasboard and Flight Pack
#2 - Justice - Nuclear and Flight Pack
#3 - Savior - Turns in two an awesometastic jet, and probobly my favorite transformation anims ever
#4 - Aegis - Turns into a giant gun (Megatron ???), four beam sabers, and two free hands even in use

Most Athrun Friendly/ Harmonious
#0 - IJ was made specifically for him, i'd imagine he'll be very comfortable in it
#1 - Savior - It felt like Savior was a natural extension of Athrun, like Shin and Freedom
#2 - Aegis - Athrun again seemed quite in tune with the suit and used it extremely well.
#3 - Justice never really seemed the fit right with Athrun, of course he did pilot it like the Pro Ace he is, but I
never saw much aesthetic beauty in his handling of Justice

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Did the Saviour have the recharge? I thought that system was specificly made for Impulse, anyone know for sure?

True that Athrun used Saviour well even tho all he did was run away. I think he worked Justice better than Aegis, it just never felt that he had any real moments with Aegis other than the fight with Kira which was more brutal than beautiful. I hope we will se alot of awesomeness from Athrun and IJ, i like both the character and the suit.

Off topic:
Funny that you used the word shmorgasboard, funny spelling to. That is originally a swedish word spelled smorgasbord, only with 2 dots over the first o. Isn't a bit of useless information always fun?

Why hate people with cool sigs, now i'm starting to feel hated :'(. Yukimura don't hate me i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 07:08 PM
saviour, impulse, gaia, abyss, chaos, all of them have the deutorion beam transfer system, but i think that somehow force impulse's thrusters, and super anti beam shield, were energy drainers

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Did they, where does it say? I can't remember them saying it anywhere in the show, from what i remember they said it was for Impulse.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Because the Junius Treaty bans the use of N-Jammer Cancelers in mobile suits, ZAFT develops the deuterion beam energy supply system to replenish the battery's energy on the battlefield. When the Saviour Gundam's energy runs low, it can receive the incoming energy beam from its mothership Minerva and recharge its battery
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Phase Shift (PS) armor; deuterion beam energy supply system, allows for remote recharging of energy with battleship Minerva

saviour^^

Because the Junius Treaty bans the use of N-Jammer Cancelers, ZAFT develops the deuterion beam energy supply system to recharge batteries on the battlefield. When energy reserves are low, the Chaos Gundam can receive an incoming energy beam from its mothership and recharge its batteries
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Phase Shift (PS) armor; deuterion beam energy supply system, allows for remote recharging of energy with battleship

chaos^^

etc..

the deutorion system was developed for all gundam of zaft, to counter the ban of njammer cancelers

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
the deutorion system was developed for all gundam of zaft, to counter the ban of njammer cancelers

A ban that Lacus doesn't seem to think applies to her I guess.

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Okey, thanks for the confirmation.

As for the nuclear ban, check the screen of Destiny and Legend they also say "nuclear" on the N.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:41 PM
yeah, im geussing the ban was lifted after the 3 gundam were stolen

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Or disregarded, i wouldn't play fair if someone stole my military equipment in a war.

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Or disregarded, i wouldn't play fair if someone stole my military equipment in a war.

How do you not play fair in war? Haven't you heard the phrase, "alls fair in love and war".

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:36 PM

As for the nuclear ban, check the screen of Destiny and Legend they also say "nuclear" on the N.

on episode 37 in the beginning when rey turns on his gundam and the scene right before legend's color comes on and goes down it says "Network"

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL

on episode 37 in the beginning when rey turns on his gundam and the scene right before legend's color comes on and goes down it says "Network"

That isn't completely accurate. For Legend it says Network and it says Nuclear. As the boot process goes down the list it changes the word.

smurfyy
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:43 PM
pshh...savior got cut up by freedom like cheese.....

ChaosK
Sat, 07-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Infinate Justice
Justice
Savior
Aegis

Ok, here's my reasoning, kira DESTROYED savior in a matter of seconds, but i doubt could've done that to Justice, it might just be because Athurn's role in Seed Destiny is smaller so we did not see much of Savior's battles but it seemed it was not run on nuclear power, and had less firepower. We all agree that Aegis is probably the most primitive models that Athurn has piloted, though very powerful (4 sabers and a giant plasma cannon) it ran on very limited power as did the strike, duel, buster, blitz and impulse did. In Gundam SEed Destiny it seems that "power in mobile suit" is no longer a problem. But in Gundam Seed, every battle seemed to end or be decided by the power in their suit:
-if athurn had power left in aegis then kira would be dead
-if duel, buster blitz, and aegis all had enough power, kira would've died long ago.

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 03:55 PM
i believe the best unit athrun used was aegis.
there seem to be very little pple giving credit to aegis. aegis's form changing abitlity made it very capable of capturing and trapping opposing MS. its was one of the best used gundams by athrun. too bad he self destroyed it, for a gd cause, if KIRA hasn't miracurously survived that blast, athrun would have the credit to kill the Ultimate Co-ordinator in Strike(the most feared MS at that time)