PDA

View Full Version : I have a theory on the leader of Akatsuki

Konohamaru
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Ok, so I was having my weekly discussion on MSN with a friend of mine who loves Naruto. I dunno why and how but I came to a theory about who the leader of Akatsuki might be. I reckon it's shino and heres why:

- He never gets into the same group or team as Naruto that goes into big missions
- He always interrogates a member of the team after the mission (last cases was Kiba and Shikamaru)
- He was suspicious during the 2nd exam when he just appeared outta no where to fight kankuro
- We never see his eyes cos of his glasses and his hair style looks the same as when we see the shadow of the leader of Akatsuki

He doesn't get much air time on Naruto but we always see glimpses of him as if to remind us he's still there. On my knowledge of anime shows. These type of guys always seem to end up having a impact on the story line.

I think he has them spiral eyes when he takes off the glasses. I'm sure he hasn't got normal eyes.

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:16 AM
man i hope not. that would be too wiered. I think ero-sensie would found that out by now if shino is the leader.

SK
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:38 AM
i like this theory.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru
his hair style looks the same as when we see the shadow of the leader of Akatsuki

Not true, Shino's sticks out more.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Wrong. Abandon the theory.

Zhan
Thu, 07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Shino would've ownaged Knakurou with one pinky if he was the leader.

Sidnne
Thu, 07-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Black bears are not always black. They can be brown, cinnamon, yellow, and sometimes white.

American Hero
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Hah! This is actually a well-developed and thought-out theory.

Personally I don't believe it to be true, but it could be a possibility.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne

Black bears are not always black. They can be brown, cinnamon, yellow, and sometimes white.

Good for them, but Shino isn't the leader of akatsuki.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:17 PM
perhaps Sidnne is trying to tell us that the leader of akatsuki is actually a bear (?)

'Cause that would be kick-ass. Like Kuma in Tekken. Only he can talk!

Rhanfahl
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
A near impossibility...but don't rule out the possibility of an Aburame leader. I mean they're all rounin anyways, so why not? All in due time though.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
you wrong...do you still want to continue?

Sophorix
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:08 AM
I think that's inventive, though I don't think it's more plausible than some of the other theories that have sprouted up.

I think the spiky hair isn't something that can be weighted heavily when trying to think of people who it could be--there are enough people with their hair constantly covered that adds to the whole mystique. I personally think that the...how can I put this? If the Akatsuki leader is somebody that we've seen in the anime so far, in my mind, the person that would make the most sense, if sense can be had in this series, is Nawaki. All we've seen from him is a nice smiling face and a supposedly massacred body (which according to Orochimaru wasn't even recognizable). Who's to say that it was Nawaki, if Orochimaru was right? We have that spiky hair that so many people focus on. It wouldn't be surprising if he wasn't dead, and it'd be a slap in the face for Tsunade. Rather than expound upon tiny details that I can only find after 15 rereadings at 3 in the morning, I'll just base my entire theory on the spiky hair.

I think that the more pertinent question is--who's Jiraiya's contact to get information from Akatsuki? Is it an actual member, or is Jiraiya able to pose as a member to get information? Or is he a member? O_O

I find it interesting that the leader's ring means void--if we're trying to think outside the box, we can always pull a crazyassbitch and say that the Akatsuki leader doesn't really exist. I mean, Naruto owns socks, so I don't think this is too crazy to be considered plausible.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:19 AM
For a Naruto fan to even remotely accept the theory of Shino being the leader of Akatsuki, it would take a manga creator skilled enough to make such a plot twist believable.
These are skills that Kishimoto obviously does -not- have, so if Shino indeed turns out to be this mystery man that even Itachi seems to fear (which he won't); it will only be awkward if Kishi tries to pull it off.

I think it's quite safe to assume that Akatsuki's leader is yet another entirely new character, though I'd like for at least one of the unrevealed members to have a relation to an established character (imagine one of them being Rin - that would own).

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Jiraiya's a badass ninja. I don't think gathering information is too hard for him to do. Yet I agree that everytime he says something like:
"I have my sources..." it does seem rather suspect. hmmm.

@terra: it's a dumb theory, but who knows? I have confidence that if it was Shino, Kishimoto would pull it off pretty well.
And it would own if one of them was Rin. (do we even know for sure if she's dead??)

Sophorix
Tue, 07-26-2005, 01:25 PM
The only thing that suggests that she's dead is when Kakashi said that everyone close to him was already dead.

I think it would fit into the plot if she ended up being one of the members.

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:55 PM
or maybe kakashi has her locked up in her basement...

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

That sounds like a bad scary movie of some sort.

I love it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
thanks, i was referring more to how kakashi's a pervert but, thats good too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hikyuu
Tue, 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Welll, if it was her they could explain her death as a person. What I mean is the wayAnakin didn't die and ObiWan told luke... Your fatehr is dead Darth Vader killed him.. Though that would be a rather large ripoff..

Rhanfahl
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Except we saw her dead rotting carcass after Sarutobi kicked the shit outta Shodaime and Nidaime and sealed them. I assure you...she's very dead. Besides...why does everyone like Rin so much anyways, Shikamaru made her kick her own ass...er head. She got like a grand total of 10 minutes screentime in the whole series...but then... so has Tenten, and some of you are crazy about here. Well at least the guy with the gay ass rainbow Tenten sig.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:45 PM
There is no possibility that Shino is the leader of Akatsuki. I personally believe that it is the third mangekyou sharingan user. I believe that it is this way so don't try to change my mind.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl
Except we saw her dead rotting carcass after Sarutobi kicked the shit outta Shodaime and Nidaime and sealed them. I assure you...she's very dead. Besides...why does everyone like Rin so much anyways, Shikamaru made her kick her own ass...er head. She got like a grand total of 10 minutes screentime in the whole series...but then... so has Tenten, and some of you are crazy about here. Well at least the guy with the gay ass rainbow Tenten sig.

KIN
http://landers76.free.fr/naruto/perso/32.gif

RIN
http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/characters/Rin.jpg

...you keep doing this man...
please, next time make sure you know what you're talking about before you make a rant like this

American Hero
Thu, 07-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl

Admittedly, that is a pretty gay sig. That can be changed.

You're an idiot, however, and that's just not going to change.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 07-29-2005, 01:59 AM
What about Shino's age? Itachi is the newest member of Akatsuki, right? He left Konoha six years before the time jump. Shino was twelve before the time jump, so he would have had to have entered Akatsuki at the age of six or younger.
Conclusion: No.

however, I must admit that Shino does seem to be questioning everyone after their missions. He could be an informant for Akatsuki. If Itachi and Kisame are going to waltz into Konoha after that war with Orochimaru and the sand, they probably want to know the status of everyone's defenses. They could use the help of an informant, and kids are notoriously good informants.

Terra, I agree. Rin would be a fucking awesome member of Akatsuki. What a damn great plot twist.

naruto-kira
Fri, 07-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Shinno cannot be Akatsuki leader....why...BECAUSE HE IS TO YOUNG.....OK....

HOW CAN A 10 YEAR OLD, SAME AGE AS NARUTO, BE AKATSUKI LEADER...THAT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE...im pretty sure Akatsuki was form b4 naruto graduated from the academy...there is no way Shino can be Akatsuki unless saying he was the leader at the age 8-11...lol and considering there is so much people strong people in Akatsuki like itachi, saiori which is old.. will achknowledge at 8-10 year old as there leader...that is twisted like hekk

Icho
Sat, 07-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
Shinno cannot be Akatsuki leader....why...BECAUSE HE IS TO YOUNG.....OK....

HOW CAN A 10 YEAR OLD, SAME AGE AS NARUTO, BE AKATSUKI LEADER...

Well first of all I belive Shino is 12 years old (by the time of the last events he should be 14), and I also believe that Kankurou almost kicked shino´s ass in the first fight. Saying that shino is the leader of the Akatsuki is something like saying that the leader of Akatsuki is Konohamaru.

I really like the idea of kakashi having Rin in his basement

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 07-30-2005, 04:17 PM
It's not Konohamaru, that's silly.

It's Inari.

Icho
Sat, 07-30-2005, 07:24 PM
To tell the truth I was tinking it was Moegi.

Or pakkun i/expressions/devil.gif

Enderz
Mon, 08-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I think that we have already seen the leader of akatsuki without nowing that he is the leader

but i think its someone with a HUGE & STORG monster inside him just like gara and naruto

Rhanfahl
Fri, 08-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Its totally Nabeshin...who else could it be. You can't kick that much ass unless you got a fro

vegita625
Fri, 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM
FRO POWER!
Nabeshin, Pedro, Pedro's son, Space Butler, masked army lady, Itachi, shark guy, Sasori, and Deidara.

That's 9 people right there, including the 4 we've already been introduced to, it's the Excelruto Akatsuki!

Icho
Fri, 08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Man what kind of drugs are u using? i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Tinks
Sat, 08-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo

That sounds like a bad scary movie of some sort.

I love it.

"It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again"

vegita625
Sat, 08-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by: Icho
Man what kind of drugs are u using?

The best kind... whatever Excel's been using...

Nah... better not say that, people might take me seriously and think I'm not on crack... no, Excel's not on crack, but she's hyperactive enough for people to think so... ok, enough off topic fooling around...ness... yea...

Jaredster
Sat, 08-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I want the ramen guy to be the leader.

American Hero
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:04 PM
That would be pretty sweet.

basey44
Sat, 08-06-2005, 11:16 PM
super spicey ramen no jutsu?

i still think its udon

Shinda
Sun, 08-07-2005, 02:46 PM
why would the leader have to be someone that is already known in the serie?
he could also just have been unknown, you know... at least that's what I think

American Hero
Sun, 08-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Y'know, I never thought about that.

Rhanfahl
Sun, 08-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by: vegita625
FRO POWER!
Nabeshin, Pedro, Pedro's son, Space Butler, masked army lady, Itachi, shark guy, Sasori, and Deidara.

That's 9 people right there, including the 4 we've already been introduced to, it's the Excelruto Akatsuki!

Fuck Space Butler, that guy bit the dust along with the army chick. Those spots are for "That Guy" and Lord Illpalazzo!

hcheng02
Tue, 08-16-2005, 09:13 AM
A series like Naruto has got to have a Luke Skywalker moment somewhere, so I'm holding out for the White Fang. I don't know if he would be the leader of Akatsuki, but he should at least be a member. Think about it, the only thing we know is that he supposedly committed suicide, but we don't know the details of his death. He was a level of a Sannin, so it wouldn't be too hard for him to fake his death. I mean, if Haku could do it I'm sure a Sannin-level ninja with much more experience can.

Furthermore, if there was ever a guy who could identify with the creed of the Akatsuki ("seek only personal power and do not be burdened with anyone or anything.") it would be him. I mean he was a supremely talented ninja who gave everything for his village and friends only to be ostracized in the end. I can see him thinking, "You know what, screw them! I'm finished being a tool. I'm my own man now."

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-16-2005, 09:55 PM
That's a worse theory than the Shino one.

"The White Fang" is dead. Accept it.

Unless of course he really is the leader by some improbable plot twist. In which case I'll edit this post to cover my ass.

American Hero
Tue, 08-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Noted.