PDA

View Full Version : gundam classes

dakotacree
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:57 AM
just for confimation i was wondering weather or not impulse and saviour are a complete class over the aegis and strike, then i did some further thinking and pretty much decided i wan't to know how everyone would class all the gundams shown so far in seed.

like we all know freedom and destiny are top of the line end all gundams but where do the other gundams fall inbetween strike and strike freedom?

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:03 AM
1. destiny/sf/legend/ij/akatsuki
2. saviour/freedom( freedom gets nr 2 cause its nuclear, otherwise i would stick it at 3 )
3. impulse/providence
4. gouf ignited/ gouf yzak ver. /chaos/gaia ( waltfeld)/ justice/ destroy (stellar )/ forbidden/ raider
5. gouf/ calamity/ abyss/gaia ( stellar )/murasame orb squad/ neo windam/ destroy ( all others )
6. slash zaku phantom/ blaze zaku phantom/ blitz
7. gunner zaku warrior ( luna/dearka )strike(several packs)/duel/buster/aegis
8. strike rouge /zaku warrior/ murasame/ HM2 ginn/ windam

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
justice was nuclear powered too so it should be a 2 even tho it got destroyed lol

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:30 AM
no because justice didnt feel special at all, even though it was nuclear, it was just a simple ms, with a flyer thingie, freedom has his 5 way shot thing, which he can do millions of times because of the n. reactor

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:33 AM
i thought justice was special maybe u dont now ur bringing in ur own opinions. ur classes should be based on a scale. aka nuclear powered or not. otherwise destiny wouldnt be special either. it has a giant sword, a giant gun, and a ripped of version of bunring finger....LMAO(i hated g gudam) justice is still a high class gundam... i fail to see how a gouf ignited can compare considering justice has everything it has and much more. u dont need alota guns to take down sumone, just a sword and skills (considering swords are like the only things that bring down gundams in a big fight)

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:36 AM
and it has ultra speed

edit, this was about what the suits showed us, i wont base it on nething else, gouf ignited owned gaia, but seeing as how waltfeld version seems alot better, i put them on the same scale, also the gundam of seed are outdated, thats why i was gonna put freedom on 3, but because of it being nuclear, it can do its ultra attack over and over and over and over again

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:37 AM
justice's sub flight lifter gave it ultra speed too.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
doesnt matter, its outdated, destiny would outclass it in any way

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:41 AM
i see ur a big fan of alota guns which i fail to see their sweetness(beating up a bunch of fodder with guns is not sweet. slicing up sum dude in like 50 parts is sweet, like when kira sliced asuran's saviour, that was sweet)

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:43 AM
thats why destiny is in GROUP 1 and justice wont be... destiny outclasses it by 1 level. if u had an honest choice of a meleegundam. first choice would be destiny/ij(both in group one) whats ur next choice? i think justice but yet its not on the second part. and also how is a gouf ignited the same greatness as justice. put justice in 2.5 or sumthing lol. whoops double post srry

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:43 AM
im not a fan of big guns man damn, can justice cut up 5 ms at the same time, in less then 2 seconds?? no it cant, freedom can take out about 5 ms a second with that attack, thats why its at nr 2, plz dont push your justice love on others, i made that list out of events i saw, nothing else

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:44 AM
taking out fodder isnt as good as taking out one super tough dude. but w/e IMO i think it should be 2 just like in ur opinion its 3.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:46 AM
didnt freedom take out providence??, it does both, now plz stop argueing (sp?)

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:51 AM
providence was a similar type of gundam as freedom btw(dragoon sytem and lota guns) to fight large armies ok w/e sure ill stop

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:05 PM
i dont know where to exactly place raider, forbidden, and calamity though

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:11 PM
I would say 3 because their only limitaion was their power capacity. (im not sure if calamity should be in 3) but forridden is a 3 imo and so is raider.(i mean they did give justice and freedom a hard time)

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:14 PM
hmm yes, thats sound about right

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
this is random, but did calmity have a melee weapon? (i dont recall seeing one)

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
nope, it was all gun

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd arrange them by generations, and say that any gundam/MS from a newer generation would have an exceptional advantage over a previous generation. Except in the case of a nuklear powered mobile suit, add a generation for this calculation.

Mobile Suits of a generation differ in strength, but generally suits of the same generation would be able to compete (IE, I'd consider a GINN and Strike first generation suits. Its not inconcievable that a GINN could take down Strike, depending on hte pilots).

Labelling them like this allows for a more subjective and less definate ranking.

1st generation suits would include everything from the GINN, Bacoue, and Dinn on the Zaft side, and hte original GAT series (along with teh Dagger) from the EAF.

2nd Generation suits would be the GuAZ and Dagger2 on the low end, with Freedom and pals, and the EAF second group of suits as the top end.

The third generation suits start with the Zaku and Windam on the bottom, and go up to Impulse and the GOUF on hte upper end.

The forth generation of mobile suits is one we have just begin to see, and would include Destiny/Legend/S-Freedom/I-Justice. Arguably Destroy. I hope we get to see a mass production model in the group as well.

I've come up with these classes myself, based on the relative power of the named suits, and their appearance/production in the show. I feel that this pretty well ranks most of the suits in the show in a loose manner, and is backed up by what we've seen. For example, while Zaku's are clearly not as good as Impulse, they are shown to perform similarly against the same foes Impulse goes up against.

In the last episode, we clearly see the gap between a first generation suit and a third, where Kira loses most of strike to Zakus.

Cant wait to see a 4th gen mass production model.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
well rating em like that, will get you the same kind of results as my list i think

telemari
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Isn't GOUF ignited just repainted GOUF?

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:40 PM
gouf ignited, as in gouf piloted by heine

b33f
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
1. destiny/sf/ij
2. saviour/impulse/freedom/ providence( freedom gets nr 2 cause its nuclear, otherwise i would stick it at 3 )
3. gouf ignited/ gouf yzak ver. /chaos/gaia ( waltfeld)/ justice/ destroy (stellar )/ forbidden/ raider
4. gouf/ calamity/ abyss/gaia ( stellar )/murasame orb squad/ neo windam/ destroy ( all others )
5. slash zaku phantom/ blaze zaku phantom
6. gunner zaku warrior ( luna/dearka )/duel/buster/aegis
7. strike/zaku warrior/ murasame/ windam

I would place Freedom 1 slot above impulse/savious/providence. Despite the fact the Impulse did destroy Freedom in a 1v1 battle, Shinn himself admitted that Freedom was 1 class higher than Impulse in 1 of the Destiny Eps.
Secondly, I would give Strike alot more credit than the last spot. It was, after all, the main MS for most of GS. It should be AT LEAST in the same class as duel/buster/aegis, if not higher.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
hmm i placed it lower than duel and stuff, becuase its outdated, AND we got to c it fight zaku's, ill just add some spaces, and saviour was way better then impulse, i cant c freedom being better then saviour, if i put freedom as high as destiny and stuff that would be stupid, cause sf/if/and destiny are the most advanced things out there now, a heck ill just make another slot then

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
If Athrun had still had Saviour, he never would have been caught by Destiny. Saviour was just too fast and uber.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:03 PM
yes thats true, but he needed to go MA for that, and destiny is more advanced, also destiny maneuvers in a different way then ne other ms, thats why he gets the nr. 1 spot ( its just the most advanced ms out there), until we c IJ, i cant really rate him yet thats why he gets the class 1 nr. 3 spot

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
yes thats true, but he needed to go MA for that, and destiny is more advanced, also destiny maneuvers in a different way then ne other ms, thats why he gets the nr. 1 spot ( its just the most advanced ms out there), until we c IJ, i cant really rate him yet thats why he gets the class 1 nr. 3 spot

After seeing just how incredible Strike Freedom is, I have this suspicion IJ has something incredible going for it.

I dont know what, but its got something.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
haah yeah, maybe a button that says: 15 hit combo

DDBen
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Well so far I think both of the breakdowns are aweful as your not talking about the suits at all your defining position by the situation.

Generations and prototypes are a lot differn't over the course of the series. Your also comparing Strike defending a to 30 or so mobile suits attacking a ship.

If you want to break down the differnce realise that Short of Destiny/Legend/Strike Freedom/Infinate justice, no other suit including the destroys even remotely compared to 1 destroy. Freedom was obviously superiour to a Destroy Gundam it didn't even get a scratch on it when it was fighting several other Mobile suits as well as the Destroy. This of course is also modified by the pilot. However, Shinn himself said that Freedom far outclassed impulse and the situation for the fight clearly was 100 suits and a couple carriers including Zafts flag ship VS Freedom alone and that was what it took to take it down reguardless of what moves Shinn used.

So overall you have to break this down a lot further then any of you have done so far and realise Nuclear MS's are FAR more powerful then normal ones.

so basically.
All the first generation MS's in seed including Bacows
Orbs daggers(it is clearly stated that Orb has better tech)
Strike and the other gundam prototypes
EA druggie suits as 2nd generation prototypes
Providence/Freedom/Justice

Note thats more or less for Seed only.

for GSD you have basically the following
All normal MS's including all mass produced suits for the random sides.
Normal Gouf
Impulse/gaia/chaos/abyss/saviour (these are all prototype suits and basically just the new models)(may also include Heine and his prototype Gouf)
Destroy
Freedom
Legend/Destiny/Infinate Justice/Strike Freedom

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
freedom is not superior to destroy, kira was superior to stellar, but freedom aint

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Destroy is probably the most powerful mobile weapon we've seen so far. it just hasn't had a pilot able to do it justice.

DDBen
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Destroy in fortress mode is a WMD it just kiss everything in sight but anything able to avoid the beams and missiles can take it down easily. Also Destroy when in Mobile suit mode has basically no defences it has the arm pods but those simply do not matter. Kira is also the only Freedom pilot so if he is able to do something with freedom then it is the suits abilities no matter how good he is there is no way he can do any action the suit is incapable of by sheer definition. Destroy has absolutely no way to fight a MS that can avoid its weapons period. While freedom can use 5 guns to make its attack unavoidable by shooting at all 5 limbs of a MS at once. thus making it so all dodging does is more damage. Freedom as a Nuclear suit that has no power limitations is DEFINATLY superiour to a Destroy.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:55 PM
no it isnt, freedom and stuff are just destroy killers, but the suit itself is NOT superior to destroy in ne way, freedom was very outdated, and even its 5 way attack was useless, and i dont think pilots other then shinn/kira/rey/yzak/athrun/luna, would be able to dodge its beams as well, that makes a total of 6 pilots capable of taking down destroy, as you noticed, shinn took down like 4 in destiny, that is a suit which is ultra superior to destroy+ has a great pilot, rey and luna double teamed a destroy, taking it down, again freedom with a generic pilot inside, or ok maybe not generic, but lets say...auel, would be scrapped by destroy+stellar, lol destroy+kira, against freedom+stellar, would've been over in seconds, really

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-21-2005, 04:29 PM
no it isnt, freedom and stuff are just destroy killers, but the suit itself is NOT superior to destroy in ne way, freedom was very outdated, and even its 5 way attack was useless, and i dont think pilots other then shinn/kira/rey/yzak/athrun/luna, would be able to dodge its beams as well, that makes a total of 6 pilots capable of taking down destroy, as you noticed, shinn took down like 4 in destiny, that is a suit which is ultra superior to destroy+ has a great pilot, rey and luna double teamed a destroy, taking it down, again freedom with a generic pilot inside, or ok maybe not generic, but lets say...auel, would be scrapped by destroy+stellar, lol destroy+kira, against freedom+stellar, would've been over in seconds, really

EXACTLY.

Just because suits like Freedom and Destiny have strengths that EXACTLY counter Destroy's, doesn't make Destroy a bad suit.

It has tons of weaponry, and with a superior pilot like Shinn or Kira at the helm, I bet it would be near unstoppable. As it was, it was only stoppable by unique suits with top of the line pilots.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah

if some 1 feels that i ranked a suit incorrectly, or i forgot about some suit, just say so

drunkenmaster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:27 PM
u forgot dom trooper lol

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:46 PM
ahh yes, but i never saw uc, and we havent seen em in combat yet, so, ill leave em out for now

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:46 PM
it feels odd to have a trio in the gd guys' side, isn't it? kira-athrun duo has already made the clyne faction & ORb that strong. not to mention cagalli, andrew and possible mwu/neo(who could possess a suit soon). weird that the put up 3 DOM troopers to steal their lime light and make the clyne faction look invincible

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:06 PM
I agree about the DOM troopers. I can't help to think that something new "evil" must be introduced, because the DOM trio overpowers the Clyne faction beyond belief.

PSJ
Sat, 07-23-2005, 07:24 PM
1. destiny/sf/legend/ij/akatsuki
2. saviour/freedom( freedom gets nr 2 cause its nuclear, otherwise i would stick it at 3 )
3. impulse/providence
4. gouf ignited/ gouf yzak ver. /chaos/gaia ( waltfeld)/ justice/ destroy (stellar )/ forbidden/ raider
5. gouf/ calamity/ abyss/gaia ( stellar )/murasame orb squad/ neo windam/ destroy ( all others )
6. slash zaku phantom/ blaze zaku phantom/ blitz
7. gunner zaku warrior ( luna/dearka )strike(several packs)/duel/buster/aegis
8. strike rouge /zaku warrior/ murasame/ HM2 ginn/ windam

so many wrongs in one post. Don't think of the pilot or if the suit "felt" special or not. If you disregard that and try to be objective i think the list would look alot better.

You could also take out the grunt suits and commander units as they are not gundams.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
If Akatsuki really is on par with the other lead suits it'd be hilarious.
I mean, imagine if Cagalli found that suit back in Seed (which she, conveniently, of course didn't) she would have owned everybody in the end.

aznimperialx
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:20 PM
destiny/sf/ij/legend
freedom/justice/providence
impluse/savior/choas/gaia/abyass
strike/ageis/buster/duel/blitz
then all those zakus ginns n whatevers

PSJ
Sun, 07-24-2005, 06:28 PM
That list seems to be correct in my eyes. Kept it simple and nice to, didn't include commander units of normal mobile suits and other crap.

Though you could probably shove in Calamity/Raider/Forbidden either on 3 or 4.

4 seems to be the best in my opinion.

blightian
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
where would u put akatsuki. feel odd isn't it, that gold gundam doesn't look have as gd as the one we have been anticipating. the ones we saw at the openings were much better then the one we saw in ep. 40

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I would have to wait with Akatsuki, right now it feels as if the suit is on par with Impulse etc. Maybe Freedom and Justice. Since the suit is quite old but got some good tech i think it fits at number 2. No way is it up there with SF/IJ/Destiny/Legend.

It could also get it's own spot in all this right below Freedom and Justice as number 3 and push down the rest one step. It's hard, but i think that would be the best, yea put it in 3rd and push the rest down one step.

1. SF/IJ/Destiny/Legend
2. Freedom/Justice/Providence
3. Akatsuki
4. Impulse/Saviour/Chaos/Gaia/Abyss
5. Calamity/Forbidden/Raider
6. Strike/Aegis/Buster/Blitz/Duel

This is my list.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
you are also not being objective, why?
saviour was SAID to be the most advanced and efficient suit, making it better then impulse and the rest
also i placed akatsuki and ij, LAST on class 1 cause we had not seen them yet in the show ( akatsuki still hasnt showned full potential ), you( plural) are acting as if i pu akatsuki up there as if it was already shown, also i took not only the suits as class, but also the pilots ability in it, stellar for instance would suck in freedom, also another NOT objective point is placing freedom/justice and providence so high

nr1. they ARE outdated, making them technically inferior ( OBJECTIVELY)
nr2. they need a hell of a pilot
nr3. they are shit without there nuke reactors, freedom without nuke, and lets say lunamaria as pilot, would not be even close to impulse for instance

now ofcourse they have nuke reactors, but i scaled the ranking, meaning, how would impulse be with a nuke? a WHOLE lot better, and seeing how impulse is technically far better then freedom, impulse could, like freedom, perform at its MAX power, 100% of the time, which now it couldnt becuase of the battery limitation

i hope you now understand how i made the list ( power, speed, pilot, technology (sp?) )
and i did try to do it as objective as possible

Barumonk
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Spoilers. I'm bored, so I'm going to make my own class system for them based on Melee, Ranged, Power Source, and Average. I'm not really going to state the reasons why, and its just my opinion (like I said, I'm bored). Note that im leaving out standard beam rifles and shields, as well as the machine guns that are usually either on the head or chest. Also note I'm not adding in Strike Rogue into this. I don't know all of its advanced packs from MSV, but its base is still Strike. I figured its rating wouldn't be too far off from Strike itself. Stellar's Gaia and Andy's Gaia are the same. I've never seen beam shields used for melee yet, and in this I'm assuming they cant block them, but this could obviously change. It would upgrade the melee capabilities for Destiny, Legend, Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom.

Rating System: 0 is among the weakest, 9 is among the strongest

<u>ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom (METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: 2 oversized beam sabers 3
Ranged Rating: 4 beam cannons, 77 missile launchers added to its original weaponry. 9
Power Rating: 8
Average Rating: 6.6

<u>ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice (non-METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: 8 beam sabers/blades, 1 beam boomerang mounted on shield, can act as short beam saber, subflight lifter (pack), shield grappler. 8
Ranged Rating: 3 beam cannons on subflight lifter, beam shield. 4
Average Rating: 6.6

<u>ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice (METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: Considering this makes the greater majority of its melee weapons useless except for 2 huge beamsabers... 3
Ranged Rating: 4 beam cannons, 77 missile launchers, added to the 3 beam cannons it already has. 7
Average Rating: 6

<u>ZGMF-X42S Destiny</u>
Melee Rating: 1 anti-ship sword, 2 palm cannons, and 2 beam boomerangs that can extend into beam sabers. Wings of Light propulsion system. 5
Ranged Rating: 1 beam cannon, Mirage Colloid 'after-images' to confuse enemy sensors. Beam shield. 4
Power Rating: 9
Overall Rating: 6

<u>ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom (non-METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double saber. 2
Ranged Rating: 2 beam rifles, can combine into a single beam cannon. 2 rail guns, a chest cannon, and 8 DRAGOON pods, each with a single beam gun. Beam shield. 8

<u>ZGMF-X13A Providence</u>
Melee Rating: Beam saber mounted on shield. 2
Ranged Rating: 2 beam guns mounted on left arm, an oversized beam rifle, and 11 DRAGOON units, 43 beam guns in total from the DRAGOON system. 9
Power Rating: 7

<u>ZGMF-X10A Freedom (METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: Since its not like Freedom had the greatest melee weapons to begin with, METEOR's giant beam sabers are a upgrade. 3
Ranged Rating: Aside from the weapons mentioned on the non-METEOR version, it has 4 beam cannons and 77 missile launchers. 8
Comments: I assume some of you are going ZOMG WHY ARE YOU RATING METEOR SO LOW WITH 77 MISSILE LAUNCHERS?! Because they are useless against phase shift. The giant beam sabers are pretty easy to see coming at you, and so as long as your not a grunt (read: target practice) you should be able to dodge them given that you see them ahead of time. Since it also disables most of the other melee weapons on the suits, it actually leaves you throwing around building sized beam sabers with a somewhat slow swing speed.

<u>ZGMF-X666S Legend</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam javalins, can combine into a single double javalin. 2
Ranged Rating: Beam shield. 10 DRAGOON pods, for a total of 34 beam guns. 9
Power Rating: Can recharge its battery remotely through the Minerva. 6
Overall Rating: 5.6

<u>ZGMF-X09A Justice (METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: Due to METEOR's size, most of Justice's melee weapons are useless. Luckly METEOR comes equiped with two beam sabers the size of freaking battleships. 3
Ranged Rating: Aside from the weapons mentioned on the non-METEOR version, it has 4 beam cannons and 77 missile launchers. 7
Average Rating: 5.6

<u>ZGMF-X09A Justice (non-METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double blade. 2 beam boomerangs. 1 subflight lifter (pack). 5
Ranged Rating: 2 beam cannons and 5 machine guns on subflight lifter. 3.
Average Rating: 5

<u>ZGMF-X56S Impulse</u>
Melee Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 4 at its highest.
Ranged Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 5 at its highest.
Average Rating: 5

<u>ZGMF-X23S Saviour</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers. 2
Ranged Rating: 4 beam cannons 2 machine guns, and a mobile armor mode for high manuverability. 6
Average Rating: 4.6

<u>ZGMF-X10A Freedom (non-METEOR)</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double blade. 2
Ranged Rating: 2 shoulder mounted beam cannons, and 2 hip mounted rail guns. 5
Comments: I figure some people will have issues with this. Freedom really has almost no melee weapons, and both railguns are substance guns, which are largely useless against phase shift armor. This means aside from his standard beam rifle, he only has 2 other anti-phase shift weapons.

<u>ZGMF-X24S Chaos</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, 2 beam claws while in transformed state. 4
Ranged Rating: 1 beam cannon, 2 mobile weapon pods, each with a beam cannon and guided missles. 4
Power Rating: Can recharge its battery remotely through the Minerva (but not likely to happen anytime soon). 6

<u>ZGMF-X31S Abyss</u>
Melee Rating: 1 beam lance. 2
Ranged Rating: 9 beam cannons (2 only available while in mobile armor mode), 4 substance cannons, and guided torpedoes. 6
Power Rating: Can recharge its battery remotely through the Minerva (but not likely to happen anytime soon). 6
Comments: Even though it has a large array of beam weapons, since it has to stick to the water while on earth, I consider its potential is weakened.

<u>ZGMF-X88S Gaia</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, 2 'wing' sabers while in transformed state. 4.
Ranged Rating: 2 beam cannons. 3
Average Rating: 4.3

<u>ORB-01 Akatsuki</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double saber, or mounted on the beam rifle. Subflight lifter similar to Justice. 5
Ranged Rating: Anti-beam mirror coating, and two beam cannons on its subflight lifter. 4
Power Rating: I don't know what its reactor is, but assuming that it was modelled after Strike's generation, but hopfully with some Orb technology... 4.
Average Rating: 4.3

<u>GAT-X131 Calamity</u>
Melee Rating: Doesn't even have any melee weapons. 1, if only for the phase shift armor.
Ranged Rating: 2 shoulder mounted beam cannons, 1 chest cannon, 2 substance cannons built into its shield, and a bazooka. 6
Power Rating: 4
Average Rating: 3.6

<u>GAT-X252 Forbidden</u>
Melee Rating: Only has a substance scythe weapon. 2
Ranged Rating: 2 machine guns, 2 railguns, and a beam cannon. It also has the ability to deflect beam attacks using its pack. 5
Average Rating: 3.6

<u>GAT-X370 Raider</u>
Melee Rating: Uses a self propelled hammer/flail, as well as beam cannons on its claws when in mobile armor mode. 3
Ranged Rating: 1 head cannon, 2 substance cannons on its shield, 3 machine guns and 2 beam cannons (on claws) while in mobile armor mode. 3.
Overall Rating: 3.3

<u>GAT-X105 Strike</u>
Melee Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 3 at its highest.
Ranged Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 3 at its highest.
Power Rating: Can draw power from its packs and its internal battery. 3
Average Rating: 3

<u>GAT-X102 Duel (Assault Shroud)</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers. Can use a shoulder mounted railgun at melee range. 3
Ranged Rating: Grenade launcher on beam rifle. Shoulder mounted railgun and missile pack. 4
Power Rating: 2
Average Rating: 3

<u>GAT-X303 Aegis</u>
Melee Rating: Varies depending on its attack mode. 4 at its highest.
Ranged Rating: Varies depending on its attack mode. 2 at its highest.
Average Rating: 2.6

<u>GAT-X207 Blitz</u>
Melee Rating: Mirage Colloid, Anchor, 1 beam saber. 3
Ranged Rating: Mirage Colloid, 3 lancer darts. 2
Average Rating: 2.3

<u>GAT-X103 Buster</u>
Melee Rating: This suit doesn't even have any melee weapons. 1, if only for its phase shift armor.
Ranged Rating: Dual rifles (substance/beam combo), that can combine into a single beam cannon. Missile packs on each shoulder. 4
Average Rating: 2.3

<u>GAT-X102 Duel (non-Assault Shroud)</u>
Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers. 2
Ranged Rating: Grenade launcher on beam rifle. 2
Average Rating: 2

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM
How about Duel with assault shroud?

Barumonk
Mon, 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Edited it, I had completely forgotten about the assault shroud and was just going by memory with Duel.

drunkenmaster
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:15 PM
i like ur ratings, finnaly someone that doesnt see freedoms guns and goes OMG AWSOME. i like how u rated justice this time and didnt neglect the fact that the melee cababilities of justice are very high (melle matters 90 pecent, 10 percent can go to range imo).

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Good ratings Barumonk, however I feel that the Assault Shroud should have a higher rating than Strike seeing as it was such an improved version.
Then again, Duel was in the beginning an inferior model to the rest - and Strike also have all those different equipment sets to it.

Deblas
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM
The gundam classe are separated in terms of crappy gundams like zakus, etc. and owning gundams like destiny, etc. Though it gets messed up once an owning gundam pilot pilots a crappy gundam.

Barumonk
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Good ratings Barumonk, however I feel that the Assault Shroud should have a higher rating than Strike seeing as it was such an improved version.
Then again, Duel was in the beginning an inferior model to the rest - and Strike also have all those different equipment sets to it.

&gt;.&gt; Actually, I purposely raised Strike's rating (im bias, i actually liked Strike as a gundam) so that Duel AS wouldn't out-rate it. Strike was originally a 2.6 average since I didn't think its ranged weaponry was really that much better than anything the other gundams had at the time. I should probably go back to Blitz too since I didn't actually look up anything for that either. Maybe later when I feel like pressing the edit button and digging through all that forum code.

Edit: Nevermind, did it anyway. After looking at Blitz more carefully, I lowered its ranged rating. Also, I kept Strike's rating where it is due to the fact that I didn't realize all the weapons the Launcher pack had. Duel with AS actually has more offensive potential, Strike just gets away with the same average rating due to its power system.

Edit x2: Also, with SF and IJ using METEOR, technically they would have practically the same rating, since both of them would have 7 beam weapons total, the difference being SF would have its 2 railguns as well. To put some distance between them I took into account SF's DRAGOON system and IJ's subflight lifter which has 4 beam sabers/blades and 3 beam cannons on it.

aznroyale
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by: aznimperialx
destiny/sf/ij/legend
freedom/justice/providence
impluse/savior/choas/gaia/abyass
strike/ageis/buster/duel/blitz
then all those zakus ginns n whatevers

i go with this

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:46 PM
thats a really good list, except what purpose does "average rating" serve? it seems the power rating was the most important seeing as how nobody got higher than 6.6

1. SF/IJ/Destiny/Legend
2. Freedom/Justice/Providence/Akatsuki
4. Impulse/Saviour/Chaos/Gaia/Abyss
5. Forbidden/Raider
6. Strike/Aegis/Duel&lt;--duel is probably there because i like it and yzak better.
7. Calamity
8. Buster/Blitz

Barumonk
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Power Rating was based off the type of energy source. The original gundams all got a 2, since it was a battery with a much smaller capacity as compared to the newer stuff. In comparison, Saviour's battery allowed it to fly from PLANT -&gt; Earth without recharging, trying to do this with something like Strike would be suicide. Strike did get a 3 in power for reasons stated on the list. The second generation Gundams had a larger battery capacity, but it was still nothing compared to Freedom and Justice, who were both nuclear powered. Gaia/Chaos/Abyss/Saviour/Impulse all use the same battery and recharging system, which is immensely better than the original gundams, as noted. The reason Freedom, Justice, and Providence got a 7 for power is because Strike Freedom and infinite Justice are supposed to have upgraded versions of the same reactor, and Destiny uses an even more powerful energy source. I wanted to rank them all differently based on that, so 7 is the original NJC nuclear reactors, 8 are the improved version, and 9 was set aside specifically for Destiny.

The average rating is just the three ratings (melee/ranged/power) added together and divided by three *waves at 3th grade math class* and I used this to rank them in the post since its a simple way to get an idea of their abilities overall, but that doesnt mean they have the same strengths and weaknesses. You have to look at the other ratings to find that out.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by: Barumonk
........ In comparison, Saviour's battery allowed it to fly from PLANT -&gt; Earth without recharging..........

wow, i actually never noticed that he went all the way from plant to earth, the deutorion energy must be like super compact energy, or like cold fusion, and seeing how the other 3 never recharged remotely im geussing the force pack on impulse is a real energy sucker ( it does have that awesome shield ), since it was only drained with the force silhouette

Vegita
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:30 AM
A bit of a tangent but who are the DOM troopers? I don't remember seeing them in any episodes but everyone seems to be talkintg about them.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:38 AM
The new people in the opening. Pirate girl and her 2 mateys. (get it? pirate? matey? har har! yarr! damn I did it again, I'm so good! pun power... ehrm anyway)
They pilot those DOMs that they are standing in front of.

Curium
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by: Barumonk
<u>ZGMF-X10A Freedom (non-METEOR)</u>
both railguns are substance guns, which are largely useless against phase shift armor.

Railgun shots have both a substance and an energy component. Freedom was able to damage Abyss's aquatic thrusters with the Railguns even though they were at least partially if not completely protected by water. That alone shows it has both, the substance ammunition because it continued despite the water (plus what is known about Railguns in real life, check Wiki if you want) and beam because it damaged Abyss even with Phase Shift.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

I don't think Dual was really inferior, they just had different intentions. For example Dual was the only one of the original Gundams that could use weapons from any of the others. All the beam weapons were hard coded to only work with the Gundam they came with, except Dual was programmed to get around that. Also Dual was supposed to be equipped with a Large Bazooka, but that was taken by the Gold Frame Astray. Here is a segment from MAHQ:

"Rondo escapes from Heliopolis using a large bazooka designed for the GAT-X102 Duel Gundam, but the Gold Frame's right arm is damaged because it is not properly calibrated for use with the bazooka. Rondo jettisons the damaged arm".

drunkenmaster
Wed, 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM
thrusters are a very delicate part of a gundam, a massive shock would definatly damage them aka from a projectile hitting a thruster at crazy speeds would jumble electronics and parts. also, when kira fought forbidden in the first gundam seed, he whent right up to him and shot him with both railguns when the shield was not activated(little forbbidden deflector thing), it was a direct cockpit shot and blew forbidden back very far, however, it did no damage whatsoever i forgot what episode this was, but it was the one with justice came in to and they both fought the 3 druggies. so railguns arent completely useless against phase shift, but pretty useless( i mean freedoms head got knocked off by a mace... a physical object hit a delecate part(the head) and knocked it off. it was the sheer foce of impact and momentum, not the fact that it was energy, just like a railgun). also, railguns are NOT energy cannons, it is a graphite or metal object that is shot out very fast using magnetic fields. there is no energy involved. a huge generator is needed, but thats why freedom was nuclear powered.
"Railguns are actually relatively simple devices consisting of two parallel copper rails with a groove cut into them. A small projectile made of either aluminum, copper, or graphite is fitted in the groove. The projectile must be at least semi-conductive in order to complete the circuit. The rails are hooked up to an enormous power source which sends an electric current up one rail, through the projectile, and down the second rail. The current up and down the raill causes magnetic fields that interact with the electrons (current) moving through the projectile. This interaction is known as the Lorentz Force and acts in a direction perpendicular to the magnetic field and the current. The effect of the force acting perpendicular to the magnetic field and current causes the projectile to accelerate down the rails. Therefore, using longer rails causes the projectile to reach a higher velocity before leaving the rails, due to the fact that the Lorentz Force will be acting on a longer period of time"

now this is why its a substance gun, the projectilve moves very quicly and is charged magnetically so it gives off a weird yellow light and a laserish appearence(thats why there arent many yellow guns on seed, mostly green and red) also freedom's railguns EXTEND for the reason of of lorentz for acting on it longer, otherwise, why would it need to extend... lasers dont care about barrell length, only bullets or sum type of substance does. and also even if the railgun was substance and laser, (which it isnt but just incase) the laser would have instantly been dispersed in the water, so only the substance would hit anyways. but the thing is thet substance hit a very critcal part.

drunkenmaster
Wed, 07-27-2005, 11:07 AM
edit, for the winkipedia claim, its a shot to the foot, this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun is about railguns, it launches projectiles at frekishly fast speeds.
whoops double post srry ppl -_-''

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
I don't think Dual was really inferior, they just had different intentions. For example Dual was the only one of the original Gundams that could use weapons from any of the others. All the beam weapons were hard coded to only work with the Gundam they came with, except Dual was programmed to get around that. Also Dual was supposed to be equipped with a Large Bazooka, but that was taken by the Gold Frame Astray. Here is a segment from MAHQ:

"Rondo escapes from Heliopolis using a large bazooka designed for the GAT-X102 Duel Gundam, but the Gold Frame's right arm is damaged because it is not properly calibrated for use with the bazooka. Rondo jettisons the damaged arm".

I think I remember reading that Duel was the first one and then all the other GAT suits were based on it.
My memory might not be what it used to, though.