PDA

View Full Version : Game: Suikoden IV

Munsu
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Just bought Suikoden, turning on the PS2 as we speak to play for the first time...

Just wondering if anyone has played it yet and can give me their impressions of the game while I play a few hours for the first time...

I've only played Suikoden III and liked it alot... hope this is as good...

I still got to play I and II which I leeched a couple of months back

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I haven't tried 4 yet, I can only say that 1 was great, 2 was fucking awesome and 3 was great as well.
I've heard, however, that 4 is the worst one yet.

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I tend to rank the suikoden series in the order of 2, 1, 3 and then 4 (4 being the worst). While 3 does have a lot of memorable characters, that are very well fleshed out, the combat system tends to detract from the actual gameplay, hence why I rank 1 before it. 4 has a good combat system, but a lot of the characters just seem to be thrown into the game without any reason. Also, once you play the game for a while, you'll HATE ocean travel, as it takes forever. Always use the sprint key when sailing, otherwise it makes impossibly long boat trips take even longer, and leave you feeling bored. Other than the ocean travel, and the feeling that characters were just thrown in to up the total to 108, Suikoden 4 is still worth playing in my book.

Psyke
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:58 AM
I know people are going to hate what I am going to say but....

Suikoden should have remained 2D.

Paulyboy
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Well the only Suikoden game i've ever played was Suikoden 3, I saw some of the SN's for 1 and 2 looks like it was on NES. But yah I like some games that are 3d, like Final Fantasy 5 and 6 i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Xollence
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

I agree. I played Suikoden IV for about 2-3 hours... it's horrible. Much worse than the 3rd one.

Munsu
Thu, 08-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: SamuraiOdin
I tend to rank the suikoden series in the order of 2, 1, 3 and then 4 (4 being the worst). While 3 does have a lot of memorable characters, that are very well fleshed out, the combat system tends to detract from the actual gameplay, hence why I rank 1 before it. 4 has a good combat system, but a lot of the characters just seem to be thrown into the game without any reason. Also, once you play the game for a while, you'll HATE ocean travel, as it takes forever. Always use the sprint key when sailing, otherwise it makes impossibly long boat trips take even longer, and leave you feeling bored. Other than the ocean travel, and the feeling that characters were just thrown in to up the total to 108, Suikoden 4 is still worth playing in my book.

As many have said, Suikoden IV is not that good... I still think of it as worth playing... atleast I'm enjoying it somewhat... Ocean travel is not as bad as you say, especially when you get the Blinking Mirror...What is driving me nuts, is that monster drop few potch and the freaking equipments and leveling up of the weapons are insanely expensive... that's the major drawback for me... At least we can train with Reinhold and level up to insane levels in no time

dark maginn
Thu, 08-18-2005, 11:49 AM
suikoden IV is horrible i liked suikoden 2

Munsu
Fri, 08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Later on tonight I should be heading to the final fortress or whatever to finish up the game... wish me luck

dark maginn
Fri, 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
lol good luck!

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Man what a shitty ending... some important questions left unanswered....

Like what was really Eleanor's relationship with Cray?

Who was the woman that appeared in the Rune's memory when Hero used the rune for the last time?

And what the heck happened to Hero? How come he survived the Rune of Punishment... and what happened to the Rune of Punishment? Does he still have it?

Also... why the heck didn't the mermaids save Troy... he was the only character really worth something in the game, and he simply had a lame death...

Xollence
Sun, 08-21-2005, 01:04 AM
You can find the answers to that on http://www.suikosource.com/ and on their forums.