PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 144 Discussion

a_odessey
Wed, 07-20-2005, 11:39 PM
alright episode. seems like next is gonna be okay.

:edit: sry mod, didn't no it had to be subbed to make a discussion

Neko Haruko
Thu, 07-21-2005, 01:48 AM
*cries* MEANIE!!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME AGAIN! ;.; I WANNA WIN! ;.;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/HaruL/constipsation.gif

Bakabro one: gr *constipation*
Baka bro 2: d00d. I told you not to eat all those babies...
Naruto: YOU ATE MY 3 YEAR OLD MILK!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/HaruL/leew.gif

EW!
That is HIDEOUS!

Mut
Thu, 07-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Someone tell me what they show on the preview for 145.

Neko Haruko
Thu, 07-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Mainly Shika, ino, Chou action. Nothing Specific.

Assassin
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:33 AM
must stop being lazy and dl it

all i have to say about this ep is:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3443/gay15nu.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/715/gay21pt.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7594/gay39qx.jpg

Jaredster
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Yea this episode was pretty bad.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:29 AM
While this episode wasn't great, it was probably the least crappy filler episode I've seen out of this series.

Lotsa elements that are usually missing from filler. Background story(gay as it is), a fight that lasts more than one episode, and *GASP* OTHER characters getting some screentime!

I give it a rating of -1 instead of the usual -4 or -5 on a scale of 1 to 5.

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:31 AM
stupid crap, only cool thing was shikamaru showing up

Turkish-S
Thu, 07-21-2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
stupid crap, only cool thing was shikamaru showing up

yea and when he showed up the fucking episode ended.

Vokalyzd
Thu, 07-21-2005, 06:30 AM
I swear the ideas for this filler episode was taken from so many other animes..when naruto ran to make the stupid brothers dizzy..that's like something from pokemon..and when the Hokage hugged Iruka..that's FMA material...stupid episode..looking forward to the next one however

Tinks
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin

hahaha

KaneDragon
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:39 AM
So much for continuity; I'm going to skip downloading this ep, get rid of all the other recent fillers. I'll just have to find something else to take up space on the 126-150 DVD... like RvB...

This thread will suffice.

Nai
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Wow, Mizuki has a freakin' humongous ass.

Aeon
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Best thing about this ep was when Ino showed up, gonna be great to see her next ep.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:38 AM

I was just waiting for this to be brought up, though it is a tad more uhmm... flamboyant than Naruto and Sasukes two finger handshake.

KaneDragon
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Does that picture really have to be posted four times on the same page?

Assassin
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:44 PM
why? are u offended by it?

its called quoting a post....get used to it.

Edit: although Tinks, u mite wanna add something to ur post before a mod warns u for not posting anyhtign relevant.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 07-21-2005, 04:43 PM

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

Neko Haruko
Thu, 07-21-2005, 04:56 PM
I like the background colors they used. But damn. That is just dumb how they are making a naruXsasu situation.

ad also, can we have two banners in one sig?

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Whass with all the homosexual undertones? Jeez, it's even in the filler...

@Vokalyzd: Which scene in FMA are you referring to??

chitgoks
Thu, 07-21-2005, 08:43 PM
boring episode. nothing special about the stupid brothers. they just keep on delaying the episode. and waste our time. i hope next episode will give us something nice for a change...

HelloVee
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
what does filler mean?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:34 PM
what does filler mean?
Filler is anything in the anime that wasn't in the manga.

and when the Hokage hugged Iruka..that's FMA material
Only that scene was actually from a previous, non-filler episode of Naruto.

its called quoting a post....get used to it.
As I just proved, you can quote less than the entire post. And its not nessecary to post those same pictures over and over again for the same reason we have a size limit on sigs, so that pages don't take 8 years to load. But more importantly, its nice not to force people to relive that godawful scene over and over again on one page.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:36 PM
i think filler means, material that is in the anime, but not in the manga

Mut
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally pooped by: HelloVee
shit
Did you read anything in here? (http://forums.gotwoot.net/categories.cfm?catid=58&entercat=y)

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:45 PM
OMFG NARUTO USED THAR ASEENRAERASENAS RAGSEN GAN LKIKE ROFL!!!!!!!!1111 RASEENGAN!1!!

This fucking sucks, I want to kill the idiot brothers, and Naruto and everybody else. SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 07-21-2005, 09:47 PM
I hate it how they prolong the fight. god damn we know they're nottin comapre to rasengan. overall good but wiered eps. the 2 brothers are really funny though i got to admit.

Assassin
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:21 PM
no they're not. they're overly stupid, and weak characters. they dont even work well with the show since anyone like that wouldn't be able to become a ninja.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Does it ever say that they are ninja? (I haven't watched the episode yet...downloading)
I suppose if they're in a "ninja prison" they either have to be ninja, or just too powerful to put into a regular prison.
But anyway, I'd find them funny if their very existence didn't piss me off.

ES
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:40 PM
OMG....it's one big homo-erotic episode....

O_o

Knives122
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
well this was boring, I think I only watched a total of 5 minutes(including the ed) and all I really saw was Shikamaru, and the Rasengan(for the 352w3432th time)

they should've just showed naruto and jiraiya train, i would've watched that over this crap.

Neko Haruko
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:26 AM
This is my theory. As kids they entered the ninja academy and sucked MUCH. They had no reason to kick them out till one day when they ate all the food in the village and therefore had to be to life in jail. and that children is how they got the name Stupid Dumpster Brothers.

ES
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:29 AM
But seriously?! Why did they had to hold hands?! WHY?!

I am never ever going to close my eyes nor sleep now.....ever...

And my sisters are watching Will and Grace!

O_o

Vokalyzd
Fri, 07-22-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
Whass with all the homosexual undertones? Jeez, it's even in the filler...

@Vokalyzd: Which scene in FMA are you referring to??

The scene when Al's and Ed's sensei hugs them after kicking ass is just like when the Hokage hugs Iruka..

Jessper
Fri, 07-22-2005, 03:39 AM
I thought that maybe when the two retards stopped attacking right at the end that Kakashi had shown up on his way outa town and finished this filler for good... I weep a little inside.

Munsu
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by: Neko Haruko
This is my theory. As kids they entered the ninja academy and sucked MUCH. They had no reason to kick them out till one day when they ate all the food in the village and therefore had to be to life in jail. and that children is how they got the name Stupid Dumpster Brothers.

This could have been a valid theory if they hadn't already mentioned that they were sent to jail for killing their comrades in a mission when they became hungry...

Awesome episode:

M: "Hahahaha, you are dead... you forgot the most important thing in ninja training, WATCH YOUR BACK!"
I: "HAHAHAHA, The victory goes to those who can think ahead of the enemy!"
M: "Damnit... I didn't watch my back, but don't worry I'm uber strong and i'll just disappear"
I: "Almost had him..."

That's Shakespear right there

basey44
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:18 AM
yea i was also hoping for kakashi to show up and just kill those 2 fat guys in a second.

also stupid mizuki and iruka, when mizuki was in the ground he shouldve slashed irukas archillies instead of exposing himself and talking, and then bloody iruka sholdve just killed him when he got behind him instead of tlaking. i mean they shouldnt have a problem with killing like that, they ARE chuunin

Turkish-S
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:01 AM

gay chuunin to be precise..

a_odessey
Fri, 07-22-2005, 05:14 AM
all filler and no good makes me an unhappy man. this filler is PISSIN ME OFF! but that is such a cliche now that no1 cares. hopefully next ep get's better, it sure seemed.

IchaIchaTactics
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:13 AM
I am sure that over in Japan, (Naruto's Main Audiences) it is more widely accepted that when 2 12 year old boys hold hands it is not considered homosexual. In Eastern Cultures, society doesn't automatically assume that there is a gay undertone to it unlike how clearly people in the west perceive.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:39 PM
shika at the end, was the best part of this ep

kaosoner
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:00 PM
hey. is any one looking four 143 and 144 because i know were to get them.

Assertn
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:06 AM
you mean like.........................here?
http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...5566&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=15566&enterthread =y)

kaosoner
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:15 AM
here is a link for 142-144 with subs if you havent seen them. http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/
oh yeah. they are torrents

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-23-2005, 03:06 AM
You're a goddamn illiterate retard...

Anyway, you know what else I noticed this episode? Apparently Iruka can't throw a kunai for shit. I mean, he hits TREES trying to hit Mikuki. And, not even like, Miz is jumping behind the trees either. He's just standing there with the tree blocking like 10% of his body and Iruka manages to hit the tree every fucking time!

I guess its really true what they say, those who can't...teach.

MFauli
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:22 AM
Hi,

did you guys already notice, that we Naruto fans now had been allowed to watch these great filler episodes for 9 weeks?!?
ARGH°
9 weeks full of shit! XD
When i think back to where the anime went exactly after manga, i always couldnt await a single week to see the next episode...and now quasi waiting for the next real episode for more than 9 weeks!

Great.......

Psyke
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow 9 weeks. Has it been that long already? Amazing how we've managed to watch this stuff for over 2 months. Like the rest, I just can't wait for this crap to finish and head straight on the the gaiden.

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:53 PM
naruto on the whole as been growing more and more draggy. can't they just let the animated naruto grow up like the manga. can't stand the long emotional parts now. also, the new route the amination is taking seems more and more childish.

Neko Haruko
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM
ok
!) you make no sense
2) the whole point of fillers is to prevent the anime from catching up to the manga.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:12 AM
Whats a gaiden?

basey44
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:41 AM
gaiden = side story

mage
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by: blightian
naruto on the whole as been growing more and more draggy. can't they just let the animated naruto grow up like the manga. can't stand the long emotional parts now. also, the new route the amination is taking seems more and more childish.
You know these are filler eps right?

KaneDragon
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:29 PM
So, did Shikamaru do anything in this episode?

Mut
Sun, 07-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: KaneDragon
So, did Shikamaru do anything in this episode?
Yeah, he jerked off Chouji.

Vokalyzd
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:05 PM
the retarded brothers ate that up too

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:44 AM
the retarded brothers ate that up too

dude my hurl just missed my wastebasket by 5 inches. Thanks.

Anyway, I woulnd't mind if they suddenly made Naruto fillers just being a bunch of diverting slapstick or japanese-type comedy, and nothin' else i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif And more of the naked girl clone jutsus, one for every escaped prison inmate..... 3 months of that? oh yea.

ES
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Probably, the only time I could forgive them for making a filler is when they center it around side characters like Shino, Lee, Neji, or even around the Jounins...but anything else, they're fucktards for making another one about Naruto. Oh wait this isnt about him...it's about two retarded brothers? or even perhaps one hidden homo-erotic filler about some chuunins? Well...Fucktards indeed...

Naruto_Fan
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:28 AM
haha....well i see what everyone means. the filler is seriously getting kinda lame now and yea, i'm surprised that 9 weeks already passed....where does the time go? lol

im hoping that 145 will end this boring filler arc (it'll be 10 weeks already by this week...!!) and i hope that 146, 147, ...

well, i'm sure in a little bit of time, we'll see it (hopefully in the very near future..)

Be careful about posting even the names of future event since some people consider that as spoiling. I wouldn't have edited it out but too many people complained.

GotWoot Moderator

Vokalyzd
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:49 PM
he's predicting..unless he read the manga already..then he's a fucktard..anywho..speaking of spoilers..we do not know why kakashi has his sharingan eye yet do we? ...as in the anime not the manga..just a simple yes or no..don't tell me hwo he got it

RasenDori
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:27 PM
no

There's no need to add more than that. You're giving implications that people don't want to hear.

GotWoot Moderator

Vokalyzd
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:11 PM
thanks

mage
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
is there no moderation for spoilers anymore? :\

Assertn
Mon, 07-25-2005, 07:09 PM
guys, just STFU about stuff that's yet to come

Rhanfahl
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Here's the thing I don't understand about the whole Japanese way of TV shows...

Who the fuck cares if the anime catches up to the manga? I mean so fucking what? Will it hurt marketing that bad? Will manga readers all the sudden stop buying the manga? I don't think so, as we already know that the anime is seriously censored in comparison, and usually a worse translation (although sometimes the anime shines in showing things the manga does not. I.e. Tenten's humiliation at Temari's fan).

I mean Naruto filler is even worse than Dragonball GT....and it doesn't get much worse than that. Infact Mr. Toriyama sold the right to allow it to be made but really wanted nothing to do with it since everything he wanted done was already done. I mean I could understand filler if it was done semi-quazi-intelligently. But this...well there are no words to convey the horror of what this arc has been! This is just too much.

y4but
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:36 PM
this filler really really sucks ass. nobody wants to compare it to dragonball but goddammit.

at least they could keep the animation nice. it IS really crappy. the two brothers? my 9 year old cousin can freaking draw them.

bAAHHHHHHHH 9 weeks is so unreasonable. the nonfiller episodes better be fucking amazing.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by: Rhanfahl

Who the fuck cares if the anime catches up to the manga? I mean so fucking what? Will it hurt marketing that bad? Will manga readers all the sudden stop buying the manga? I don't think so, as we already know that the anime is seriously censored in comparison, and usually a worse translation (although sometimes the anime shines in showing things the manga does not. I.e. Tenten's humiliation at Temari's fan).

I mean Naruto filler is even worse than Dragonball GT....and it doesn't get much worse than that. Infact Mr. Toriyama sold the right to allow it to be made but really wanted nothing to do with it since everything he wanted done was already done. I mean I could understand filler if it was done semi-quazi-intelligently. But this...well there are no words to convey the horror of what this arc has been! This is just too much.

you are an idiot, if the anime catches up to the manga, where will the anime get its storyline from? each episode takes up more than just one chapter of the anime (i think assertn did a calculation way back and said it took up 1.6 or 1.8 chapters or something like that) to put it simply for you, the anime cannot continue if it catches up to the manga until the manga gets ahead more so the anime has a storyline to follow again. If your suggesting that the anime should pass the manga and start making its own storyline they cannot do that becase kishimoto decides what happens next in the story, not the animators.

Mut
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Rhanfahl decided to not use his brain and say:
Rhanfahl, stop embarrassing yourself. Please, you're making the manga readers look bad.

mage
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:38 PM

If the anime catches up to the manga ALL there will be is filler.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm with the camp of people that thinks that Naruto should have an off season. 26 new episodes, then replay those 26 episodes. Meanwhile, new manga gets written, and we'd never have to watch filler. But we would have to watch six months of repeats...but I think thats better.

mage
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:45 PM
We wouldn't have to watch 6 months of repeats, only the people in Japan would.

Vokalyzd
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:53 AM
aye stop the moaning and groaning already ..this is the last filler episode and then we're done i think..back to the storyline..so shut up about it..we all know it sucks

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I'm with the camp of people that thinks that Naruto should have an off season. 26 new episodes, then replay those 26 episodes. Meanwhile, new manga gets written, and we'd never have to watch filler. But we would have to watch six months of repeats...but I think thats better.

God knows I agree with you but...The Stupid Brothers think otherwise

ChaosK
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by: Vokalyzd
aye stop the moaning and groaning already ..this is the last filler episode and then we're done i think..back to the storyline..so shut up about it..we all know it sucks

well this might be the last filler for two months then we'll be back onto fillers or something. Right now the storyline is pretty weird...

vegita625
Tue, 07-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Creator of manga is not the same as the creator of the anime. The anime is based off the manga and follows the manga storyline. If the creator of the manga storyline has to tell the creator of the anime what he'll put in next, why make the manga at all? Why not have the creator of the manga just be in charge of the anime? The anime is a much better version than the manga since the action is actually action and not frame by frame shots and you can watch everything as it happens, if ya get what I mean. Most people that I know that read the manga read it so they're further ahead, but like watching it in anime version better. This is not saying ALL are like that, but most manga readers I know are.

Also, "seriously censored"? What, you mean a lil bit less blood equals "seriously censored"? What's wrong with you? I'll tell you seriously censored: 4Kids dubbing anything. The difference in censorship of manga to anime is slightly anything. There is a slight difference, I'll give you that, but it's barely even able to be considered minor.

Also, the translation depends on the subbers/translators. Most people know that Japanese isn't a simple "this word means that" translation, but a full sentence can generally have at least a couple, sometimes several, different ways of being put into English, and some fit a situation better than others, the way it's translated depends on the translator. I've watched several different semi-high to high quality subbers sub animes and find some sentences to not be translated the same way twice. So comparing the translation of the manga and the anime, at least most times, isn't something to get worked up about.

Last thing, if you didn't read the manga and never heard anything about it, I want you to think seriously and objectively, would you honestly think the anime's going down the tubes? The only reason you're whining is because it's *GASP* "FILLER"!!! O-M-F'IN-G! Relax kid, either don't watch the filler or stop complaining, it's annoying and ruins the opinions of people who are more impressionable than others. Also, don't get pissy on the "kid" comment, everyone who complains about such minor, stupid things like that gets called that by me, even if you were 30 or 40, kid.

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I hate the filler not only because I know it's filler, but also because it really does suck ass. There is a notable difference in quality and execution between the manga material and the filler.

Much of the frustration and anger about this filler is that we all know it's just crap thrown at us because they're trying to fill space and buy time - and I honestly think that I wouldn't hate it so much if I didn't know it was filler material. I might notice a decline in quality, but I wouldn't complain as I do now. I'd just make fun of how crappy the story had gotten. The fact that it is known that the anime writer's are fucking up the series' characters and continuity just adds insult to injury imo.

Also, I think the naruto manga is better than the anime (I don't think I'm alone in saying this). Just as there are times when anime-only material is added to the original story (like the Tenten example) there are also cases when manga material is left out of the anime. But the anime is much cooler to me just because it's animated - just not neccessarily better. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

a_odessey
Tue, 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM
why do the anime storyliners TORMENT our SOULS!! then again i suppose that theres some sort of reason for it. like one of the writers' dogs ate up the storyline for the next 9 weeks. or, (more logical) because they need to give the manga writers time. but, i'm still mad. o well. and i agree with the camp (??) that darthender mentioned, they should make a couple new eps, and then repeat them.

Bloodraven
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:38 AM
The only thing good about this episode was shikamaru showing up at the end. Although, it's pretty sad that he, Chouji and Ino even needed to be dragged into this mess of a filler. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping Shikamaru breaks the baka bros necks.

Why do they have to waste our time with shit like this? Why can't we follow Kakashi on his missions instead?

Enderz
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:35 AM
it was good that one of the brothers steped on the food because naruto would just end it with rasengan.
want to se shikamaru end this fight with a new skill or a combo attack with the Ino-Shika-Chou group

mage
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:32 AM
atleast it was food and not dogshit this time

xxnike629xx
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
haha~ yea my thoughts exactly. that scene with iruka and mizuki as children running while holding hands together seemed a just plain wrong. well, it looks like 145 will be coming out real soon. i can't wait to see what happens next in the filler and whether or not the filler ends with this one. i'm just way too anxious (like a lot of naruto fans) to see the kakashi gaiden animated as well as the current arc that the manga is in.

Everon
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Kishimoto really likes to take away Iruka's masculinity.

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-27-2005, 02:15 PM
The answer is clear, hire a decent writer to come up with a new plotline that won't fuck with the original manga storyline. Granted that there won't be any risk of major characters dying or even learning new skills or whatnot, but you can still make something up.

I'd be interested to see a mini arc all about the Sand Country.

Or, better yet, create a new villain who can pop up periodically to cause havoc and introduce new characters that will only appear in these filler episodes. And don't just animate the first POS idea that comes to mind like "Oh a jail break with that guy from episode 1!" or "A quest to find Sasuke, but he's not there, nor is anyone of any importance!" How about a client for Konoha who actually turns out to be evil, but they need to complete the mission for him anyway? (Or Naruto tries to go against the mission, being as righteous as he is)

The answer isn't giving Naruto a break, it's getting someone besides the manga creator to rely on for quality material. Granted he may not want anyone else creating stuff for HIS creation, but he surely would want Naruto to air as much as possible and should focus on the story he wants to tell. But there's nothing wrong with letting someone take over and direct a side-story is there?

snapcase
Mon, 08-01-2005, 07:38 AM
This episode sucked. This is definitely the worst filler so far. It's also annoying how this filler makes Iruka seem like such a worthless pussy.