PDA

View Full Version : ah my goddess 24 corrupted

Tiger of The wind
Wed, 07-20-2005, 06:11 PM
i was watching ah my goddess 24 while the other episodes finished downloading and i found out its corrupted im hoping its just because the other episodes havnt finished downloading yet

have any of you guys had this problem

oh i was wondering have you guys switched to a diffrent format or something that might be causing my player to freak out

i hope this post is in the right forum

DWKnight
Wed, 07-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Why are you trying to watch an episode before it's completed downloading?
BitTorrent is a segmented downloader, not a sequential. If you have 50% of a file, it could be the first 50%, the last 50% or any random 50%.

ChaosK
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by: Tiger of The wind
i was watching ah my goddess 24 while the other episodes finished downloading and i found out its corrupted im hoping its just because the other episodes havnt finished downloading yet

have any of you guys had this problem

oh i was wondering have you guys switched to a diffrent format or something that might be causing my player to freak out

i hope this post is in the right forum

umm DW i think they're different episodes, if you download a bunch, if 1 episode finishes before the others, you can watch that one first.

Tiger, you have to restart the download, i did it when i was downloading a bunch, you have to restart so the BT isnt still using that data. (after you finish downloading ah my goddess 24, and you want to watch it, quit your BT, open ah my goddess and open the BT download again)

Tiger of The wind
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:06 AM
i use bitcomet

uh chaoskiddo do you mean turn off the download and start it again before i watch the episode

DWKnight
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I'd still wait till the full download is done.
If I had other episodes that matched already, I'd use them to resume so that I don't have to re-download.

BitTorrent wasn't really designed for people to be able to preview.

Thy
Thu, 07-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by: DWKnight
BitTorrent wasn't really designed for people to be able to preview.

You could have downloaded only the first one (with a client permitting it). But Ah My Goddess does not need preview i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. It's a great anime