PDA

View Full Version : Suggest an Anime ~

MrTicTac
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi hi,, sometimes I dont really like anime review websites written by who-knows-who

so mind suggesting an anime for me? i'm looking for something kinda like a random-comedy anime,, like excel saga, cheeky angel, jubei-chan, full metal panic: Fumoffu!, Iketeru Futari

hopefully (available in BT or DVD)

thx thx

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Great Teacher Onizuka get it if you've never seen it one of the funniest anime's ever, ex gangster wants to become a teacher it's just hilarious

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:33 PM
You seen Puni Puni Poemy?

It's great, 'specially the english cast commentary.

Munsu
Wed, 07-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Along the lines of GTO, you can also try Gokusen

Other good ones are
Gakuen Alice
School Rumble
Jungle wa Hare to nochi Guu [TV, Deluxe, and Final]
Kodocha
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Azumanga Daioh
Golden Boy
Sensei no Ojikan

and One Piece, just for the heck of it...

MrTicTac
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:17 AM
ah thx thx,, I watched the live-action GTO first (loved it),, then the anime just felt kinda weird for the next 9-10 ep so i stopped,, azumanga and golden boy were decent

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and School Rumble look pretty good ^^

AnimePunk
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Some good anime series are:

Naruto
Bleach
Eyeshield 21
Ah! my goddness tv
Yakiate!! Japan
FLCL

all these anime have some comedy in them

Honoko
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
i'd go w/ bud and recommend azumanga daioh. VERY random, which makes it comedic =]

Def_X
Thu, 07-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Love Hina
Fruits Basket
Vandread

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:23 AM
ah thx thx, i'm gonna go with Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and School Rumble as my next picks to watch after i finish watching piano and hameln the violinist

thx again

yallo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Uh, I gotta warn you first that Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan is VERY weird, like, really weird. Be prepared for lots of blood. And perhaps some brain matter too. x.x
I would recommend getting Froth-Bite's version for it. ^^

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:40 PM
If you want comedy the best is Yakitate Japan and School Rumble,Azumangah Daioh

Windice06
Fri, 07-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Midori no Hibi, Mahoromatic season 1 and 2 - these series are funny

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Not Mohoro season 2, what a terrible end to a good series. I liked it up until the last couple of eps. The Midori no Hibi series was inferior on many levels to the manga, but it was pretty good.

Final Approach: short (15 min eps) romance/comedy. Not great, not bad either. Liberal use of chibi versions of the characters.
He is my Master: Really funny, but you kinda need to find lolicon-ism at least amusing or it will turn you off.
Honey and Clover: Slice of life, surprisingly one of the funnier series of the season.
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase: Sometimes funny, sometimes not, sometimes downright irritating stylisitically during one arc. Humor is generally random when it appears.

Most of the other series mentioned are all good choices, though I obviously have my reservations about a few of them.

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Love Hina is one of the most overrated shows ever. If you haven't seen it spare yourself and don't watch it.

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 06:58 PM
too bad i've already done that, that artist went on to draw a comic regarding a young magician teaching a class of junior sch gals, anyone knows the name of the comic???

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:05 PM
That's Mahou Sensei Negima - and it's gay (well, it might be ok, but I hate it XP)