PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Tinks
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:45 PM
I just saw the film last week, and was really surprised by how good it was... Burton or whoever was in charge of promotion really failed. I mean, from the trailers I had never been so skeptical of how good a movie was gonna be in a long long time, luckily being a Elfman/Burton fan it wouldnt keep me from seeing it.
In the end the visuals were nice, there was more story than the original, and Depp wasnt AS creepy and out of place in appearance as he seemed in the trailers. Also I will be listening to Elfmans scores as usual for ages as always.

American Hero
Tue, 07-19-2005, 01:32 AM
I was very impressed and amused by the new adaptation. I thought it beat the crap out of the original.

Depp was as brilliant as he always is. There's no other actor who could pull off what Depp did in this film.

Jaredster
Tue, 07-19-2005, 05:12 AM
I liked this one better than the old one.

It had a lot more character development, but it was really really silly.

kooshi
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Better than what I thought it would be. Sooooooooooooo much better than the original.

Mut
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:26 PM
my girlfriend went to see it tonight i havent seen it yet

Winged Dancer
Wed, 07-20-2005, 08:29 AM
This is a relief to hear. I'm going to see it as soon as it comes out in my country but was really afraid it would suck... I didn't like the original that much, maybe 'cause it was so damn old. You could see the oldness there. But Tim Burton is Tim Burton I guess... and he's always beena good team with Depp.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Sounds interesting think that I will see this.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Ebert didn't like this movie and I've read a lot of reviews that said it sucked.

I loved it. They can suck my ****

I gotta stop reading online movie reviews...

Funniest moment in the movie that comes to mind: Wonka: "lllll-l-l-l-l-l" <--random weird noise as he calls the oompa loompa after da german kid gets sucked away.

Tinks
Wed, 07-20-2005, 11:32 PM
lalala?

I liked
Good morning sunshine, the earth says hello

2:25
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:29 AM
and I liked all the oompa loompa's songs and dances i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Sun, 07-24-2005, 08:17 AM
man that shit sucked. not nearly as good as the original.

Hikyuu
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:53 AM
I was so mad they cut out half the like songs that must have been written whilst acid tripping.. I was a little dissapointed they showed the other kids surviving .. they should have met their fate inside that factory.. Oh well, can't win them all.. Still a good movie...