PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft and Gundam Seed Destiny

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Okay, so I know that lots of us play starcraft....RIGHT?!

and the idea of having a UMS (Use map setting) map of Gundam Seed Destiny is just C.R.A.Z.Y. (Crazy Rooster's Ass buZzing on Your face) (okay that was gay)

but anyway back to the topic

so....yes...you guys get what im triyn to say...now i know there has been gundam wing remakes on starcraft, but it wasnt creative and wasnt much fun.

ive been brainstorming lots of great ideas as to units, upgrades, storyline, and triggers for the gsd/stacraft map.

like kira can start out as a marine, and then once he levels up he can get a goliath, which is freedom, then, battlecruiser can be strike freedom, in which the yamato cannon (kira's last name) can be used as the combination of his two buster rifles + chest beam.

shinn on the other hand can be a zealot or something, and then once he levels up he can get his impulse (wraith as the flyer silhouette).

also, the valkery can be the legend gundam, since it does splash dmg + it look like a metal chunk piece of shit just like legend i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

lacus can be a medic, thats a given,

man, there are so many great units in sc to match gsd, so the possibilites are endless.

high templar for cagalli sounds pretty good.

athrun can be a firebat, then be upgraded to a corsair ( saviour) , then he can be upgraded to a scout i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

the battle ships can be things like mutalisks, devourers.

abyss + chaos + gaia = dragoon, science vessel, vulture

destroy = ultralisk.

the zerg race is a bit more difficult to deal with....but we always can think of something.

again, GIVE ME SOME IDEAS.

ps. if u dont know what im talkin bout. then like. shine.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nai
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
*Shines*

A zealot always owns a marine, by the way.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:30 PM
not if i make the marine do 10000 dmg, have 10000 hp, and 255 armor, while

the zealot does 1 dmg, 1 hp, 0 armor.

owned.

fox_t
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
*Shines*

A zealot always owns a marine, by the way.

not if the marine has a stim pack, a medic, and someone who knows how to play the game.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
exactly

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
lol... people still do SC maps? That's cool. Been a long time since I last played it, it's really amazing how well it ages.

Go through with the idea!

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
funny idea, just had to come in and say that starcraft was and still is the best freaking strategy game out there now give me starcraft 2 goddammit!!

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:49 PM
arghh. sc is so classic that its new

ya, ill try to get a few ppl to start a little group of sc mappers. but only for gsd. ^_^

telemari
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah. Add Yzak and some shuttles! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

And Dark Templar may be some cool MS with beam sword and miracle coloid (sp?). Too bad there isn't any in GSD.

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Fllay or Stellar can be Infested Kerrigan ^^

deakka be a siege tank, and make dullindal or djibril an overmind structure

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:20 PM
DEARKKA AS TANK! GREAT IDEA

also, dullindal will be overmind structure 1, djibril will be overmind structure 2 MUAHAH

GOOD IDEAS U CAT. mrtictac.

also, stellar will definitely be infested kerrigan.!!!! thnx for the great ideas

Barumonk
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I think doing this idea as a WarCraft 3 map would work better instead. You can create custom skins and graphics for units, in 3D, and scale them to different sizes and colors. Custom spells, icons, and etc.. just in the map, you don't need to download a game mod to run any of the modifications. There is also a whole custom programming language behind the trigger system instead of SC's system, which means you can do a lot more.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:58 PM
barumonk good idea but, i dont play wc3.

now i kno itd be better to do this wc3 because of the natural leveling system and the better ums on the wc3 program, but sc is such a classic that i simply cannot resist to give it a try.

and im sure ppl have thought of this in the wc3 program. good suggestion anyway for all u wc3 players readin this

Curium
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
funny idea, just had to come in and say that starcraft was and still is the best freaking strategy game out there now give me starcraft 2 goddammit!!

I agree. Or at the very least finally release Starcraft:Ghost. I think the original release date was in 2003 or something like that.

Nai
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
give me starcraft 2 goddammit!!
Won't ever occur seeing how StarCraft was a carboncopy of Warhammer40k, and GW wasn't too happy about that.

As for being the best strategy game ever... for me, Dawn of War has taken over the throne. I did however waste 4 years of my life on StarCraft, so it has a special place in my heart.

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 01:36 AM
sigh. dont we all have a special place in our hearts for sc, d2, and such.

well! ive just started the official brainstorming! LOL

mage
Tue, 07-19-2005, 03:23 AM
i was #8 in the US at one point and #2 protoss (CompUSA's gamefixx tournament). I just like to brag about that whenever a starcraft discussion comes up :P

telemari
Tue, 07-19-2005, 04:09 AM

Won't ever occur seeing how StarCraft was a carboncopy of Warhammer40k, and GW wasn't too happy about that.

As for being the best strategy game ever... for me, Dawn of War has taken over the throne. I did however waste 4 years of my life on StarCraft, so it has a special place in my heart.

Dawn of War is cooool. "chaaaaaarge!"

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:31 PM
okay, so i have given some time to think it all up. here is what i have so far

(if u dont know what starcraft is, either dont waste your time reading or get the damn game)

Player 1 Shinn Asuka 

Level 1  Marine (Shinn)
Level 2  Wraith (Impulse Gundam)
Level 3  Scout (Destiny Gundam)

Player 2 Kira Yamato 

Level 1  Ghost (Kira)
Level 2  Goliath (Freedom Gundam)
Level 3  Battlecruiser (Strike Freedom Gundam)

Player 3 Athrun Zala 

Level 1  Firebat (Athrun)
Level 2  Corsair (Saviour Gundam)
Level 3  Carrier (Infinite Justice Gundam)

Player 4 Lacus Clyne and Force 

Level 1  Medic (Young Lacus)
Level 2  Dark Archon (Teen Lacus)
Level 3  Arbiter (Mature Lacus)

Player 5 Cagalli Asuha and Force 

Level 1  Kerrigan (Cagalli)
Level 2  Science Vessel (Strike Rouge Gundam)
Level 3  Archon (Akatsuki)

Player 6 Earth Alliance Forces 

High Templar (Destroy)
Vulture (Gaia)
Dragoon (Abyss)
Mutalisk (Chaos)
Overmind (Djibril)
Overlord (Yuuna)

Player 7 ZAFT 

Valkery (Legend Gundam)
Ultralisk (Strike Gundam)
SCV (Zakus)
Overmind (Gilbert Dullindal)
Hydralisk (Goufs)

again, this is open to changes.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:02 PM
But Yzak..? : (

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Yzak and Dearka come hand in hand, ill think of them later.

Dearka will be siege tank for sure
Yzak can be something else...hmmmmm...im thinkin....of.....zealot...

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Yzak: "My life for ZAFT... ehm... I mean Aiur!"

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH EXACTLY

~strike-freedom~
Tue, 07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
@aznriced310 u mind to post a link /w the map? i would luv to try it... maybe u should make this on wc3 ums also... since you can have lvl heros

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM
hehe, the map is yet to be made

and good to hear that some ppl still play sc.

like me. and my friend, and another of my friend, and his friends, and more of my friends,

anyway, if its done anytime soon, ill let ya know.

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-20-2005, 11:33 AM
This would have to be made as an ongoing campaign I'd imagine...
Just for the difference in strategy that changes continually, from protecting the ArchAngel and fleeing Heliopolis to attacking Heaven's base etc etc.

And this would make it easier to set specific units for specific people depending on which part of the story the particular part of the campaign is at. I also suspect that Co-operative use of characters would have to be used for some parts (Yzak, Deakka, Nichol, Rau, Athrun vs. Strike & ArchAngel --- Battle of Onogoro-- Battle at Crete), tho some parts of the series seem to go much more for 1 vs 1 (Kira vs. Athrun, Shinn vs. Kira) or even 1 player (Kira vs ZAFT squadron, protect Eternal--- Impulse vs ORB at end of Crete battle)

And I suck at both the game and making maps... so...

DDBen
Wed, 07-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Wouldn't a carrier be better as strike freedom as it has 8 individual dragoons and a carrier has 8 drones?

MeroTZ
Wed, 07-20-2005, 12:42 PM

But... .the protoss are SOOO much cooler than the Eldar OR Tau!

Nids own all though, its a shame.

Final Note: Terran Marines are nothing compared to a Space Marine.

aznriced310
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen
Wouldn't a carrier be better as strike freedom as it has 8 individual dragoons and a carrier has 8 drones?

u know, i am dumb you're right

but hey, the BC got the yamato cannon...

butttt...whateve,r i think ill use the carrier...GOOD IDEA...more is welcomed

kaigan
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Yzak and Dearka can be those wild creatures that people kill for the fun of it. that'll be sweet and funny at the same time.