aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
the underdog's on top? athrun owns.

Madell
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Kira, he has the best skills dudes just face it

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
I had to vote for Athrun as he will get IJ which is easilt the coolest suit in the show and when Athrun is serious he is fucking good.

Oh and no double posting, use the edit button. If you haven't, i suggest you read the rules. It's worth the 5 minutes it takes.

Deamon007
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Kira rules
Athuran is cool
and HAHAHAHAHAHA Shin has just one vote i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif (I just love hating him)

Nyro
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Kira here, Arthun was too indecesive in GSD thusfar to win the best character. Shinn made some mistakes that make me dislike his character, mostly being spoonfed by Dullindal I suppose.

Enderz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:18 PM
u r all rong (accept azn310) shin is the best and he has not pilot a gundam as much as athrun and kira still he takes them both

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM
look. in the end of it all, shinn will prove to be the person with the strongest will.

i know how everyone's saying he sucks, he's acting like a little kid, he is stupid

he will sacrifice everything for the people he loved. dont you wish you had a friend like that?

and also, i have a feeling that towards the end of the series, he will realize

realize that rey and dullindal are the bad ones who are waging war on everyone so he will turn out to be the hero.

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Wrong. The only reason he took Kira down was the circumstances. It was a justified win but he is not a better pilot than Kira as Kira is the best pilot. He hasn't even fought Athrun in an even battle yet so there is no way you can compare the two. When Athrun has made his mind up he is fucking good, almost as good as Kira.

Madell
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Jup PSJ is right, Shinn wil never be as good as Kira and Athrun.
Kira ultimate cordinator + newtype...with those 2 combined nothing can reach his level
Athrun is just freakin good, like he has got talent for Mobile Suits...He just pwnze and is almost at Kira's level

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:32 PM
i would say that with the new suits unfolded. the 3 ace pilots are almost the same in terms of skills, with shinn having the slightest edge. why? because of the speed of destiny. the speed is the most important aspect in 1v1 duels and SF's Dragoons wont even be able to TOUCH shinn's destiny when he does the "zero shift" move. but i admit, SF and kira as pilot is better when it comes to lookin cool while mass killn. hehe.

under seed mode, kira WAS better when he had freedom going up against impulse, but now that shinn has gotten destiny, its just a differnet story.

Madell
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by: aznriced310
i would say that with the new suits unfolded. the 3 are almost the same in terms of skills, with shinn having the slightest edge. why? because of the speed of destiny. the speed is the most important aspect in 1v1 duels and SF's Dragoons wont even be able to TOUCH shinn's destiny when he does the "zero shift" move. but i admit, SF is better when it comes to lookin cool while mass killn. hehe.

Haha no...kira can just block Shinn with the dragoons and then his speed is useless

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I can swear I've seen this topic like 20 times before.

Anyway, Shinn.

Athrun used to be awesome but he has lacked so much resolve lately.
And Kira is just a typical overpowered random guy who happens to get a gundam.

Deamon007
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:09 PM
noooooooo Shin and Kira are tied

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:13 PM
wow. 5 to 5. wtf. this close? never would have thought that itd be this close. GO SHINN!

Nai
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Shinn.

I find his personality to be far more interesting and a lot stronger than Kiras ( which isn't saying a lot seeing how Kira is the generic superpowered slash silent badass character. His voice pisses me off too! ). Asuran has been far too "meh" in GSD. indecisive, confused and really doesn't seem to have a cause. So yes, Shinn all the way for me.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:29 PM
yay for another shinn supporter.

kira still on top ?_?

fox_t
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:37 PM
How come everyone calls Kira overpowered yet Shinn was the one who destroyed who fleets with a supposed inferior Gundam?

Shinn is also the only character in GSD to have never lost a battle or an MS...and episode one was the first time Shinn had been in battle...I`m not saying he`s overpowered...but a lot of you guys seem to cry about certain characters (namely Kira) being invincible...so i`m just pointing out the facts.

When it comes down to it over half the cast of GS/D is invincible...Can anyone really see Lacus dying? How about Cagalli? What about Athrun?

To kill main characters you better have a damn good reason...

some will say well what about Heine...well...he wasn`t a main character...

For prolific Gundam followers...no for prolific anime follwers the characters that will manage to survive the entire series should never be a shock...Heck, in DB, DBZ, DBGT, even when the Goku died he was still alive...how many times did he train in heaven and then comeback and stomp some a**

does anyone expect Naruto to survive? And clearly he has been outclassed in many battles...yet on he lives...what about Sakura? How many times should she have died...

invincible characters are nothing new to a series...so get over it...and just enjoy the ride.

Nai
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by: fox_t
How come everyone calls Kira overpowered yet Shinn was the one who destroyed who fleets with a supposed inferior Gundam?
Because he miraculously escapes death again and again and is pretty much fucking immortal?

Yeah, I think that's why.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: Nai
His voice pisses me off too! )..

This is beautiful. I seriously thought I was the only one who hated his voice.
He sounds so childish and calm, I want to slam his face to the ground.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:43 PM
are you forgetting that in the beginning, shinn wouldve lost alot of times, athrun saved him once, rey saved him a couple more, shinn also lost ( like every1 else ) first time against freedom
those are also FACTS

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:44 PM
kira for me, just because i watched gundam seed just recently and liked it a lot more up to where destiny is now, destiny just has this stretched out feel if they ended it with seed it would've been a great ending but now it seems like they just made a sequal to pump more money out of it, like the whole mwu la flaga clone thing that's just stupid he was blasted to freaking pieces and served as a great end of a great character but they screwed it by reviving him as neo

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:44 PM
ROFLOMGLOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE KIRA HATERS THAN SHINN HATERS!?! WTF/! THIS IS WRONG

edit: that mwu isnt a clone, its the real guy who somehow survived the blast, got back to a ship, put on a mask and said, im your daddy.

he is gettin his memoriesb ack though. and he is tight

Deamon007
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:45 PM

Shinn is also the only character in GSD to have never lost a battle or an MS...and episode one was the first time Shinn had been in battle...I`m not saying he`s overpowered...but a lot of you guys seem to cry about certain characters (namely Kira) being invincible...so i`m just pointing out the facts.

the only reason Shin didnt lose a MS is because his Impulse has an infinite amount of parts if you were to count thenmber of parts that he lost than he would have lost 10 if not more MS's

and taking out a fleet with a superior gundam doesent say anything in gundam seed Kira fought evenly agenst 4 equally powerfull suits piloted by red-coats while he didnt even had basic trianing

darkshadow
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:45 PM
i just love it when some1 types all in caps

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
when i type in all caps is when i go seed.

Knives122
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I flipped a coin and it was kira that won the toss, so I voted for him.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
wowo. thats the way to do it.

right now my hair is starting to look like shinns btw

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
oh yeah sorry mixed them up the whole clone thing was cool, but how could mwu have survived that.............ok i know it's a stupid question because kira also survived a million times when he couldn't possibly have survived but why screw up a great end to a char like that????

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:52 PM
right.

i was bout to cry when mwu died. natalie and ramius were such good friends...sigh . war sucks.

but now we call him mwutwo, get it? mwutwo?

Deamon007
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I flipped a coin and it was kira that won the toss, so I voted for him.

the coin is always right (when he agrees with me) every one must obay the coin

right.

i was bout to cry when mwu died. natalie and ramius were such good friends...sigh . war sucks.

but now we call him mwutwo, get it? mwutwo?

very funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM
NOO! Kira is pullin away! i cant let this happen

vote for shinn!

Cion
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Voted Kira

Reason? None i really i think all 3 are interesting.

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:33 PM
All 3 are main chars in my book, i like how kira is god in a suit, athrun with his char development, and shinn,, i like him as a villain (sorta a villlain)

i just picked Athrun, since i love his voice acting best ^^

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:22 PM
i would say that with the new suits unfolded. the 3 ace pilots are almost the same in terms of skills, with shinn having the slightest edge. why? because of the speed of destiny. the speed is the most important aspect in 1v1 duels and SF's Dragoons wont even be able to TOUCH shinn's destiny when he does the "zero shift" move. but i admit, SF and kira as pilot is better when it comes to lookin cool while mass killn. hehe.

under seed mode, kira WAS better when he had freedom going up against impulse, but now that shinn has gotten destiny, its just a differnet story.

I'm not talking about mobile suits. I am talking about the pilot in general.

And to counter that with the DRAGOON's, i suggest you go sheck out Kruuze vs. Kira at the end of SEED to see how DRAGOON's can be used. If that doesn't convince you that Kira got a big shot at taking down a faster suit then you are just narrow-minded.

OMGWTFBBQx12
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

I'm not talking about mobile suits. I am talking about the pilot in general.

And to counter that with the DRAGOON's, i suggest you go sheck out Kruuze vs. Kira at the end of SEED to see how DRAGOON's can be used. If that doesn't convince you that Kira got a big shot at taking down a faster suit then you are just narrow-minded.
hehe i dont know shinn has a good chance of defeating all of the dragoons.

I VOTE FOR SHINN

Without him it GSD be boring.. in lots of ways

Offtopic: i thought about it i bet you they made asuran bad because in the last few episode hes gonna go straight seeds lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kenzaburo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Al Hohenheim...er...uhm...I mean, Kira. Overpowered? Yeah, pretty much. But I like him for being a nice person, having a good character, stuff like that. I can relate to him the most when it comes to emotions and decisions. Also seems like one of the more stable personae in GSD...so screw the overpowered, don't care about his abilities, it's his ideals, his way to think and even his crying a lot that appealed to me.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:07 PM
this is solely posted for PSJ

okay yes i have thought of the classic ep 50 Freedom vs. Providence showdown. but you are talking about a completely different situation here.

here we have got two super coordinators, with far superior suits than Freedom and Providence.

Mecha-wise, Destiny, let alone the speed, also is equipped with a jammer canceller, which in turn alone is better than all of the defense that Freedom had. It coloid-zero-shift style of evasion, attack, evasion, is a lot better than what Freedom had.

Personality-wise, Kira is not as aggressive as Shinn, and Kira isn't as cheap as Raw Cruuze. He won't try to win the 1v1 battle by using the Dragoons alone.

With enough said, Shinn stands a MUCH better chance against Kira.

going back to the topic, VOTE FOR SHINN! (kira and athrun are good, just not as good, for those Shinn haters, you guys will change your mind at the end, just wait & see)

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Can't just everybody shut up about the goddamn Kira VS Shinn scenario and wait until it's actually shown.
I'm so tired of seeing that arise in every topic.

Nai
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
are you forgetting that in the beginning, shinn wouldve lost alot of times, athrun saved him once, rey saved him a couple more, shinn also lost ( like every1 else ) first time against freedom
those are also FACTS
There's a difference between being saved by another pilot and being totally owned and then walking out of it all pretty much unharmed like Kira constantly does.

I don't like him because I feel his part in the show is over. His character is at a fucking dead end as far as character development goes. The same goes for piloting skills unless they decide to throw out some stupid shit like him being the ultimate newtype too.

Originally posted by: Kenzaburo
having a good character
This is one of the most common comments I see regarding Kira. That he's a good guy who always does the right thing and so on.

However, I don't consider going around cutting off the arms and legs of other GUNDAM's and then going "NOT MY FAULT! NOT MY FAULT! NAH NAH NAH!" when they get mowed down by the opposing side due to being unarmed and on a populated battlefield as a sign of a good personality. In fact, I consider Kira the most hypocritical character in this show ever.

He hates war, yet he participates in it. He hates killing people, yet he's caused more deaths than most pilots out there. Obviously his no kill policy isn't working out that great.

But hey, who wants to watch a character who just sits in a cellar going "war is bad" 24/7, eh? I think I'd like Kira more if he got a bit more real and stopped being such a fucking carebear (http://www.castlesintheair.net/pics/babycandles-carebear.jpg). Or just died. Either would work really.

Oh, and lost the damn voice. I'm sick of Kira going "Lacus" in that scrawny preteen voice which makes me want to rip out his fucking vocal chords.

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:21 PM
First of all Shinn is not a super coordinator(i take it that you mean an ultimate coordinator). Kira is the only one of that kind and because of that stands highest on the coordinator mountain weather you like it or not. Kira got the genes to become the best which you probably have seen. It's not just the unit, it is Kira's skill to.

As for the DRAGOON system used how Kruuze did it. That is not cheap, it's using your resources to the fullest and attacking through tactics to take down your opponent as easily as possible. Much like Shinn did with the Impulse.

You are also forgetting that SF is not Providence, Kira got a number of possiblities to attack and if he truly has become a newtype Shinn won't stand much of a chance. Shinns piloting is rough and he hasn't mastered mobile suit battle to the extent Kira has. Kiras piloting is much more flowing and if he commits to taking down Shinn i can't see any reason why he wouldn't succeed.

Try looking at the facts and the way they use their suits. Don't go by what you want to see.

There is also the plot that is preventing Shinn from defeating Kira again. He has done it once, he won't do it twice. There simply isn't room for it unless Shinn turns evil which i doubt will happen.

Now i'm not fond of Kira's newly aquired powers but they are there and you shouldn't close your eyes to them. If you do it will be to much oc a chock when Shinn falls.

NineTailsKitsu
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Sadly, I'm a bit biased about this topic. Shinn is the only character out of the three listed (Shinn, Kira, Athrun) that I can actually like. I'm sorry but Athrun is a whiney asshole with a superiority complex that has since been damaged, leaving him a broken character that can now only assume the role of Kira's sidekick. As for the 'Ultimate Coordinator' himself, he is as one sided as a trick coin and in my opinion one of the most irritating characters I have ever seen or heard in an Anime. I mean, for fucks sake, Gundam Wing characters (with they're soap opera tendencies) irritate me less than Kira, because even in a series where they were made to be overpowered, they're still not as needlessly overpowered as Kira. Atleast they had voiceactors I could stomache, every episode I see Kira in gives me shades of the kid you always wanted to beat the shit out of growing up for reasons you really couldn't put into words. Shinn is the only realistic character out of the three, shows real emotion, and has what a character needs to be realistic: He changes.

Deblas
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Hmm..Terra voted for Shinn? I could've sweared that he would fight for putting Yzak of the list. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:53 PM
i vote for athrun because his voice sounds good, he defeated strike, he is one of the best pilots when he's trying to kill, his hair is pimpass, and he looks kool in seed mode

o yea, and his gun aiming is precise and accurate

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Kira did all his change in SEED. But i agree hw is overpowered. I can't comprehend whay people dislike his calmness tho. You people must be really impulsive and emotional. I like Kira's calm voice and behaviour, im rather calm myself so that might be the reason i don't dislike it.

More on Kira's insane power, i think im going to start call him God from now on. Noting fancy just plain God.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:06 PM
hahahqa oops forgot yzak, although he is tight

okay again, back to the topic.

yes, i agree that SF will win in the end, or that kira will do/say something that will enlighten shinn. so ya.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Kira did all his change in SEED. But i agree hw is overpowered. I can't comprehend whay people dislike his calmness tho. You people must be really impulsive and emotional. I like Kira's calm voice and behaviour, im rather calm myself so that might be the reason i don't dislike it.

Well... Rey is equally calm, and many who dislike Kira (me included) love Rey.
I don't think it's necessarily the calm demeanor itself, but rather the fusion of
"Overpowered + Calm + Whiney Voice + Irritating Default Wins"
that cause a "fuck off Kira" reaction.

Well, that's how it is for me anyway.

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Hmm true. It's often people complain about him being calm tho. I'm not that bothered by his whiney voice either, he is not as whiney as people make him out to be. Shinn is equally whiney in a diffrent way.

Oh well i'm tired of defending Kira's personality so i'll stop with that.

Naruto_RNG
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:06 PM
kira hands down. u kira haters hate him because u know he owns everyone. what do u expact he is the so called "ultimate coordinator" it would be stupid if he was not so strong. does anybody know what's the meaning of "ultimate"?
ultimate: furthest or highest in degree or order, being the last or concluding element of a series. if you want more definitions go to wikipedia.

aren't u guys tired of whining.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:08 PM
actually i don't hate kira because he owns everything, i actually enjoy seeing him do that, but i hate him because of his personality in seed and destiny and the way he acts

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
kira hands down. u kira haters hate him because u know he owns everyone. what do u expact he is the so called "ultimate coordinator" it would be stupid if he was not so strong. does anybody know what's the meaning of "ultimate"?
ultimate: furthest or highest in degree or order, being the last or concluding element of a series. if you want more definitions go to wikipedia.

lol... great argument...
There are some of us who finds it boring when we know who's gonna win, ever thought about that?
Who the hell cares about him being "ultimate", if he just owns everything all the time it gets boring.

I'd find it equally boring if Shinn owned everything constantly. Or Yzak.

Well, maybe not Yzak...

Freki
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Sorry to bring back the shinn vs kira argument but I figure I might as well get as much in my first post as I can. The whole Destiny being faster then SF seems to not really have a foundation in the show to me. Yes after Shinn has gone SEED in Destiny he starts using the insane speed but whose to say Kira couldn't move that fast after going into SEED mode in SF, also the SF being caught by a GOUF while Kira piloting it is not that great an argument cuz Athrun caught Shinn's gun on Destiny the same way during his escape from ZAFT. I think that debating the superior machine is a little premature until the 2 suits actually go up against each. Oh and who here doesn't who who is gonna win when Shinn fights against tons of grunts, Kira isn't the only one whose victories are pretty obvious.

As for who is the better character I voted for Kira. Athrun has bothered me throughout GSD for getting on everyones chase for what they were doing without him really having any kind of plan for anything besides following ZAFTs orders. Shinn has been on the road to a mental breakdown since episode 1 and that has kept me from really getting to attatched to him as a character. Kira seems to have the best plan of action, he, and the AA, get involved when they need to but the refrain from choosing sides before all facts are in. Also Kira's idisarming enemies rather then killing them may cuase some to be killed but imagine how many people would be dead if Kira went for the kill all the time. Kira can be annoying but i find him the least annoying of the 3 choices so theres my vote.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:50 PM
so are you another shinn hater?

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Tue, 07-19-2005, 12:15 AM
I woyuld had liked to vote for Kira because he rules, but i messed up and voted for Athrun. Anyway the two best characters are them:

1.- Kira
2.- Athrun
3E99.- Shinn (i hope u get this) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 01:33 AM
back.

wow....ppl wrote a lot about shinn vs. kira...but dont forget athrun...

as of now, the original 2 characters are beating shinn in voting....and kira by a LOT. and im not surprised...i dont hate seeing kira owning everyone, in fact, i LOVE it.

but i just want to do shinn some justice. cmon, u know he will own at the end. its DESTINED.

telemari
Tue, 07-19-2005, 04:21 AM
kira was ultimate coordinator ... 18 years ago. just like newer gundam is better, someone younger may have better genes, because the technology has advanced.

PSJ
Tue, 07-19-2005, 05:01 AM
No. There is only one Ultimate coordinator that is explained. Stop trying to make up shit just cause you like Shinn more.

telemari
Tue, 07-19-2005, 06:05 AM
come on, i HATE shinn. i'm just saying that if they used technology from Destroy to create Destiny, and used technology from Extended from GSD to create extended from GSD, and used LA Kruuze to create Rey, they may have used kira to create someone other.

fox_t
Tue, 07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
those are also FACTS

Because he cut off his arm you consider that a loss? He barely had time to turn around. By the second time they "fought" he was already dodging freedom.

Shinn also saved Athrun...more than once...

He stopped his Zaku from getting torn to shreds...and saved him when Junius Seven was falling to earth...

Rey saved him once...

after that it`s been all Shinn...all Shinn...and those are also FACTS.

fox_t
Tue, 07-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by: Deamon007

the only reason Shin didnt lose a MS is because his Impulse has an infinite amount of parts if you were to count thenmber of parts that he lost than he would have lost 10 if not more MS's

and taking out a fleet with a superior gundam doesent say anything in gundam seed Kira fought evenly agenst 4 equally powerfull suits piloted by red-coats while he didnt even had basic trianing

How can that be the only reason...because he has a million parts...

Strike has lost arms and legs...heck it was blown to a million pieces by Athrun...so no...your infinite part defence doesn`t hold any water...

Kira fought 4 equally powerful suits and only managed to destroy one...Shinn killed two extended (a feat that Kira didn`t even accomplish in GS)...he managed to take out 4 of the 5 Destroy Gundams...he destroyed the EAF and Orb fleet....Took out Freedom...beat Athrun...and all this before the 40th episode...

i really don`t have a problem with it...but there seems to be alot of people on this board who like to cry and complain about Kira...I`m just pointing out the fact that Shinn`s body count is the highest of anyone...and he`s undefeated...sorry...i don`t count Freedom streaking past him and removing his arm as a loss...

A lot of people seem to be complaining about this series...if it bothers you that much...than stop watching...otherwise just enjoy the story...it`s not like anybody here has never seen another gundam series...invincible pilots come with the territory.

john_doe_107
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:19 AM
i voted for athrun!
shinn is a bitch, why is he indestructable?
i wanna see him lose..even once..please.
kira is such a stereotypical hero.

Pwas
Tue, 07-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I voted for shinn because i cant stand Kira's little baby attitude. He said he wants to stop war but all he does is march in with his fancy girlfriend who he stole from his bestfriend and disarm everyone. Im sorry but even with the headname "Ultimate Coordinator" Kira is still a little bi***h who cried like a little kid who lost his mommy in GS. Most of you Shinn haters out there are just on Kira's ass because hes got the ultimate coordinator name above his and thinks hes gonna own Shinn, and like pray to god every night for it to happen so you guys can post it on this forum. I dont care if Kira gets newtype or ultimate crybaby name or etc, hes genetically made and Shinn is a regular guy who shows his skills without altering his genes to fit for combat. Athrun isnt so bad because hes reasonible and we all see it because of how he trys to befriend Shinn, im assuming it will be him who persuades Shinn to join AA. But back to the topic, i voted for Shinn.

zn|¹
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I hope you know that ALL coordinators have modified genes...

smurfyy
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:21 PM
LOL yes, even if i cant understand japanese, the tone just pisses me off :/

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:29 PM
i like kira's voice, but i GOTTA admit, athrun is a MUCH better voice actor.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by: Pwas
I voted for shinn because i cant stand Kira's little baby attitude. He said he wants to stop war but all he does is march in with his fancy girlfriend who he stole from his bestfriend and disarm everyone. Im sorry but even with the headname "Ultimate Coordinator" Kira is still a little bi***h who cried like a little kid who lost his mommy in GS. Most of you Shinn haters out there are just on Kira's ass because hes got the ultimate coordinator name above his and thinks hes gonna own Shinn, and like pray to god every night for it to happen so you guys can post it on this forum. I dont care if Kira gets newtype or ultimate crybaby name or etc, hes genetically made and Shinn is a regular guy who shows his skills without altering his genes to fit for combat. Athrun isnt so bad because hes reasonible and we all see it because of how he trys to befriend Shinn, im assuming it will be him who persuades Shinn to join AA. But back to the topic, i voted for Shinn.

Word.

aznriced310
Tue, 07-19-2005, 11:17 PM
NOO! SHIN + ATHRUN doesnt add up to like half of kira. WTF?!

Mut
Tue, 07-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: Pwas
I voted for shinn because i cant stand Kira's little baby attitude. He said he wants to stop war but all he does is march in with his fancy girlfriend who he stole ...
At least he's got a girlfriend!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4041/emoticeburn5tg.gif

darkshadow
Tue, 07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
@Pwas
finally a new guy who isnt a generic shinn hater
@zn|r
i think he meant that kira was bread for combat, shinn is a normal coordinator

zn|¹
Wed, 07-20-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't see how being genetically modified for combat (which he isn't, he just has the best possible combination of modifications in order to enable him to accel in any area), and being "normal" is in any way a valid argument to hate Kira. Shinn just randomly acts without thinking anything through then once he knows it was a mistake or feels regret for his action he thinks saying "sorry", bottling up guilt, crying about it will turn everything back to normal. Not to mention he's one hypocritical mofo...(yes, yes, so is Kira, but to a lesser extent). Anyway... Asuran, he's the best character...well, personality wise. Intelligent, careful, friendly, but sometimes acts on impulses and emotions as well (like all the times he's bitchslapped and punched Shinn), overall I think he takes the best of Shinn and the best of Kira and meshes them together. The directors have seriously underpowered them though, I mean... comeon, indecisiveness is one thing, but he's almost as weak as he was at the beggining of GSeeD.

Most of you Shinn haters out there are just on Kira's ass because hes got the ultimate coordinator name above his and thinks hes gonna own Shinn

No, it's not a THOUGHT, it should be a FACT, that is, if the directors stay true to the story and how they developed Kira. Unless, that is, near the end we find out that Shinn was the second Ultimate coordinator and omfg he was teh adopted, and now the two ultimate coordinators are going to duke it out, destroy both their Gundams, but somehow survive.

Also, @ people who think Kira should of died when Shin destroyed Freedom... I think Shinn should be pretty god damn happy he didn't succeed. Why? Because if he did ---> No Nuclear shutdown ---> Major kaboomage ---> Shin disentigrated by explosion.

Strike Freedom
Wed, 07-20-2005, 01:55 AM
There is too much hating on characters going on, can't we all get along. Obviously I like Kira but I do not dislike any of the other characters. I find it very intriguing how distinctive each character is, the events that have led up to their development, and so forth. But the truth of the matter is that KIRA is the MAN and he has the hottest girl in GS and GSD, and the most powerful suit in GS and GSD...WORD!

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

Kenzaburo
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:42 AM
@Nai

I didn't say, that I support every decision he's made but I can understand his motivation the best. And about that damn hypcritical thingie showing up again and again:
For fucks sake, I hate war myself, never thought it was good or anything, I despise violence and are very calm myself. Nevertheless, when I had the choice of doing civil service or doing a year in the military, I chose the military. And believe me, I didn't really like what I was doing there, being taught how to kill people and shit. Wanna know why I did it then? Because I want to be able to protect the ones I love. And the things that are important to me. And no, I don't own a gun or any other weaponry, I really have no use for that. I don't even want to have it in my house. But should my friends and my family ever be threatened by someone(for example, because of a war, not that I am living in country where that is likely to happen, 'though, thank god) I will unleash friggin' Armageddon on their asses, even if I don't like it.
Maybe you can understand that, maybe you can't. Maybe that even makes me a hypocrite...but it makes perfect sense for me and therefore Kira's motivations, too.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:12 PM
@Nai

I didn't say, that I support every decision he's made but I can understand his motivation the best. And about that damn hypcritical thingie showing up again and again:
For fucks sake, I hate war myself, never thought it was good or anything, I despise violence and are very calm myself. Nevertheless, when I had the choice of doing civil service or doing a year in the military, I chose the military. And believe me, I didn't really like what I was doing there, being taught how to kill people and shit. Wanna know why I did it then? Because I want to be able to protect the ones I love. And the things that are important to me. And no, I don't own a gun or any other weaponry, I really have no use for that. I don't even want to have it in my house. But should my friends and my family ever be threatened by someone(for example, because of a war, not that I am living in country where that is likely to happen, 'though, thank god) I will unleash friggin' Armageddon on their asses, even if I don't like it.
Maybe you can understand that, maybe you can't. Maybe that even makes me a hypocrite...but it makes perfect sense for me and therefore Kira's motivations, too.

but wat kira is doing is foolish, wat you would do makes sense

AtHRunOwNZaLL
@Nai

AtHRunOwNZaLL
@Nai

EDIT: sorry for the triple post, don't know how that happened

Aramis
Wed, 07-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Voted Shinn, for Kira and Athrun think too much with their heads.
Best scene would be if he immobilized I Justice and S Freedom then drove an anti-ship sword through Cagalli's cockpit, then fly up to the eternal and ram Gaia through its bridge, killing Lacus. "If I can't have my sweet loving, then neither can you!" *insane laugh*

aznroyale
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Kira is good, so as Arthrun, but Arthrun can use different types of Unit in battle. Arthrun also defeated the Choas when he was in the Zaku. Kira can use Freedom and Strike Freedom like his arms and legs. Shin is nothing. If Kira and Arthrun went back to real fighting Shin can't catch up with them.

Deamon007
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:58 PM

Strike has lost arms and legs...heck it was blown to a million pieces by Athrun...so no...your infinite part defence doesn`t hold any water...

Kira fought 4 equally powerful suits and only managed to destroy one...Shinn killed two extended (a feat that Kira didn`t even accomplish in GS)...he managed to take out 4 of the 5 Destroy Gundams...he destroyed the EAF and Orb fleet....Took out Freedom...beat Athrun...and all this before the 40th episode...

i really don`t have a problem with it...but there seems to be alot of people on this board who like to cry and complain about Kira...I`m just pointing out the fact that Shinn`s body count is the highest of anyone...and he`s undefeated...sorry...i don`t count Freedom streaking past him and removing his arm as a loss...

A lot of people seem to be complaining about this series...if it bothers you that much...than stop watching...otherwise just enjoy the story...it`s not like anybody here has never seen another gundam series...invincible pilots come with the territory.

1 yes it does because Shin basicly got a new Gundam during the batles giving him a big advantage over all the other pilots Kira on the other hand had just one complete Gundam every batle

2 Shin is a trained militairy pilot Kira was a suvilian that didn't want to kill anyone and his suit was a lot less powerfull compared to Impulse

3 getting your suit dissabeled is a loss considering it would have been easyer for Kira to kill him

4 I'm not complaining about the show infackt I love it but this is just my perspective on things

KapsLocked
Wed, 07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
1 yes it does because Shin basicly got a new Gundam during the batles giving him a big advantage over all the other pilots Kira on the other hand had just one complete Gundam every batle

2 Shin is a trained militairy pilot Kira was a suvilian that didn't want to kill anyone and his suit was a lot less powerfull compared to Impulse

3 getting your suit dissabeled is a loss considering it would have been easyer for Kira to kill him

4 I'm not complaining about the show infackt I love it but this is just my perspective on things

!. Learn to spell. ^^ Please. But that's besides the point.

I'd have to disagree with you about Freedom being less powerful than Impulse. The Impulse has a tactical advantage in that it has multiple parts, but it doesn't have as much power as Freedom.

Given, if I wanted to be able to keep a gundam, I'd want an Impulse with an infinite amount of parts also - that's more practical than having to always try and fix the same gundam even though it may be very powerful. ^^

(And folks, THAT is not my opinion about Shinn vs. Kira. ToT)

I personally would like it if the three of them would work together - it doesn't mean that only one person takes center stage. It's more interesting with the whole slew of characters anyways - you get a bigger picture of what's going on.

Naruto_RNG
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:50 PM
all three of them together. u kidding right. they would be way overpowered. no matter how much MS they send it all get destroyed. Athuran and Kira are more then enough in one team. they don't need a third retarded pilot (Shinn) to slow them down. we already know who's the main character of the GSD NOW. I rather see Kira die then fight along side Shinn.

NineTailsKitsu
Wed, 07-20-2005, 10:38 PM
all three of them together. u kidding right. they would be way overpowered. no matter how much MS they send it all get destroyed. Athuran and Kira are more then enough in one team. they don't need a third retarded pilot (Shinn) to slow them down. we already know who's the main character of the GSD NOW. I rather see Kira die then fight along side Shinn.

Wow.......

I keep on thinking that I have defined what a Retard is, but wow, I have today had to reexamine my former definition of a retard thanks to your post. How do you I accurately describe how mind numbing your opinion on this matter is? I'm sorry, I should leave it at that. Please, atleast know what your talking about before posting, to save the thinking majority of this board from the spread of your stupidity.

aznriced310
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
OWNED!

Deamon007
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by: KapsLocked

!. Learn to spell. ^^ Please. But that's besides the point.

I'd have to disagree with you about Freedom being less powerful than Impulse. The Impulse has a tactical advantage in that it has multiple parts, but it doesn't have as much power as Freedom.

Given, if I wanted to be able to keep a gundam, I'd want an Impulse with an infinite amount of parts also - that's more practical than having to always try and fix the same gundam even though it may be very powerful. ^^

(And folks, THAT is not my opinion about Shinn vs. Kira. ToT)

I personally would like it if the three of them would work together - it doesn't mean that only one person takes center stage. It's more interesting with the whole slew of characters anyways - you get a bigger picture of what's going on.

I know my spelling suck's but I was a bit tired

and I was talking about Strike not Freedom

KapsLocked
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Mmk. It's all good.

Anyways, you KNOW they're going to make it so they somehow work together in the end. That's the happy ending! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Just kidding though. I do like the way they've presented the story this time around through the point of view of who you can say are the "bad" guys. The only problem is that GS: D feels is SUCH a sequel. It seems a lot less planned out and more over the top than the original.

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu

Wow.......

I keep on thinking that I have defined what a Retard is, but wow, I have today had to reexamine my former definition of a retard thanks to your post. How do you I accurately describe how mind numbing your opinion on this matter is? I'm sorry, I should leave it at that. Please, atleast know what your talking about before posting, to save the thinking majority of this board from the spread of your stupidity.

the Retard, and stupid is u. u don't even know what the hell i'm talking about.

NineTailsKitsu
Thu, 07-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu

Wow.......

the Retard, and stupid is u. u don't even know what the hell i'm talking about.

Right....I think I have the general idea your trying to get across, something like: "OMG! Athrun x Kira own all! Wah! Shinn and Rey are gay lovers that need to die!! HAHAHA, OWN!!".

Anyway, I think that they're continuing to do what they've done since the start of GSD, splitting between 3 main characters, not one main. But oh yes, the picture of Kira/Athrun/Shinn obviously shows who the main character is....Lol.

cybercoin
Thu, 07-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Dude, stop the gay bashing.

dark_
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:08 AM

Freki
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:22 AM
You can't really compare Stirke to Impulse on he ability to change parts. Impulse is pretty much built completly from smaller parts while Strike was an MS that had different battle armaments. Anytime a piece of Impulse is destroyed it can be replaced midbattle, with Stirke the only parts replaceable are the batterypack/specific weapon set up. For example, if Strike were to lose a leg in battle it could not be replaced on the spot like it could with Impulse. This aside I don't believe this is the only reason why Shinn has never lost a MS. I think that reason is that so far he has only fought 2 people who could possibly beat him. The first was Kira who was not trying to kill Shinn, and the second was Athrun but he was only in a grunt suit at the time of the fight. If anyone one is going to defeat Shinn I assume it will be one of these 2 since a side character beating a main in battle would be a little weird at this point.

fox_t
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by: Freki
You can't really compare Stirke to Impulse on he ability to change parts. Impulse is pretty much built completly from smaller parts while Strike was an MS that had different battle armaments. Anytime a piece of Impulse is destroyed it can be replaced midbattle, with Stirke the only parts replaceable are the batterypack/specific weapon set up. For example, if Strike were to lose a leg in battle it could not be replaced on the spot like it could with Impulse. This aside I don't believe this is the only reason why Shinn has never lost a MS. I think that reason is that so far he has only fought 2 people who could possibly beat him. The first was Kira who was not trying to kill Shinn, and the second was Athrun but he was only in a grunt suit at the time of the fight. If anyone one is going to defeat Shinn I assume it will be one of these 2 since a side character beating a main in battle would be a little weird at this point.

And you essentially have proven my point...only 2 characters who can possibly beat Shinn...Kira (who doesn`t kill) and Athrun (who up until recently was on his side)...

If you`re going to whine about characters being invincible you should whine about all the characters who are invincible...

instead of localizing the argument against Kira...there are many more...

that`s all i`m trying to say...

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 07-22-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by: Freki

And you essentially have proven my point...only 2 characters who can possibly beat Shinn...Kira (who doesn`t kill) and Athrun (who up until recently was on his side)...

If you`re going to whine about characters being invincible you should whine about all the characters who are invincible...

instead of localizing the argument against Kira...there are many more...

that`s all i`m trying to say...

i agree 100%.

fox_t
Fri, 07-22-2005, 07:59 PM

1) exactly and we're talking about people being overpowered...how come Shinn has the only suit in any fleet that can replace parts on the fly.

2) so what...

3) considering Shinn can just replace parts on the fly...sorry i don't consider time constraints on the show as a reason for counting it as a loss...as we saw later in Freedom vs. Impulse Shinn lost his head and left arm...and easily replaced it...like i said...losing parts does not count as a loss or losing an MS

4) you may not be complaining but there sure are a lot of people on this board who seem to...it takes away from the discussion when u can't raise a point without some retard calling you a kira fanboy...especially when they're clearly fanboys of other characters on the show...

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Ah i completly agree with point number 4 in Fox_t's post. It's sad to see Shinn fanboys crying at Kira fanboys. Why don't everyone stop the crying and try to post some valid replies instead.

As i like Kira more than Shinn at this point it tires me to read "oh go fuck yourself kira fanboy i love Shinn!" everywhere, that's basicly what you can find between the lines in many posts.

Oh well i'll stop my rant right here as it will probably do nothing.

k_truong
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:52 PM
i think most of the characters in seed/destiny has f***** up personalities.
in seed kira being a sook and whiney lil brat
athrun is ... hmm dont know? haven't really takn much notice in him much in seed or destiny
and shin is just a total p*** being an arrogrant king dick who think his always right and has to get his way, his prob on even pars with cagalli at being bloody annoying or even worse.

as for skills, i say kira hands down..

Strike Freedom
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Really people, how long can you go on criticizing other people, and especially anime characters--They DON'T exist. Further, many of you are talking out of your *you know what* instead of really giving some thought into the lives of the characters. I mean, put yourself in Kira's, Shinn's, and Athuran's shoes before you call each respective character weak, whimpy, dumb, retarded or whatever it may be. There is no reason whatsoever for you to abhor any of these characters, and if you do then judge urself first. Like Jesus said, he who has not sinned let him be the first to cast a stone! We all have defects, we all are different/unique, that is what makes life so interesting. So if you do not like a certain character, fine, but don't take it out with other people. And for those who retaliate, don't stoop down to that person's level. For crying out loud, I just wish that all the main characters bit the dust so that way all this discussion would end. I don't know, maybe a blackhole sucks everyone up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Deamon007
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:07 AM

1) exactly and we're talking about people being overpowered...how come Shinn has the only suit in any fleet that can replace parts on the fly.

2) so what...

3) considering Shinn can just replace parts on the fly...sorry i don't consider time constraints on the show as a reason for counting it as a loss...as we saw later in Freedom vs. Impulse Shinn lost his head and left arm...and easily replaced it...like i said...losing parts does not count as a loss or losing an MS

4) you may not be complaining but there sure are a lot of people on this board who seem to...it takes away from the discussion when u can't raise a point without some retard calling you a kira fanboy...especially when they're clearly fanboys of other characters on the show...

3 I meniont this because if a suit can get new parts during a fight the only way to take it down is to completly destroy it in one atack and when your suit can't get new parts it's seriously weakend when it loses a arm or leg

4 I completly agree with you on this point

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:15 PM
quit mass quoting!

shinn is narrow mind, self centred and a little dumb(get serious at the wrong time and be kind to the wrong pple)
athrun indecisive but righteous.
kira is irritating, cries too much, but kind-hearted and OWNS BIG TIME

see the winner?

Aramis
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Shinn takes pride in power and victory while athrun would think of them as a burden, and Kira only accept it to save lives.
Shinn kills anything that gets in the way, Athrun can never make up his mind if it's right to kill at the moment, while Kira feels reponsible for all the deaths in the world.
Shinn lives in the now, caring about whatever his impulsive mind is focused on at the moment, everything else is expendable. Athrun always takes the most fair and just path, even if it was to kill himself. Kira's out to protect any good-willed people and failure is not an option.

And I prefer Shinn...he should have his way! *drives anti-ship swords through everyone*

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I also don't really like Kira at all. In fact, since he started showing up more and more in Destiny I despise him... I feel like his character is stuck and that he hasn't developed or changed at all since Seed, which really pisses me off.

Shinn has his flaws and can be a whiny arrogant brat sometimes, but I like that about him because I imagine most aces of his caliber would be the exact same way. His flaws are actually what endears him to some people.

Athrun is a mixed bag, way too thoughtful and nice at times, sometimes just as stubborn and enthused about his ideals as Kira can be.

I like Rey and Deakka. I would have voted for them...

Besides, these 3 guys are just too good in a Gundam, always get the best models (especially annoying in Kira's case) and all three of them should probably be dead. I think Kira's near-death incident was the biggest BS ever, but Athrun was insanely lucky too. What I found especially annoying is that the almost same thing happened in Seed, with Kira apparently dying, Athrun getting upset, and then later coming back and being on Kira's side...

VOTE FOR SHINN!

Strike Freedom
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:07 PM
There is no need for Kira to develop any further, he has reached his potential as an individual. Kira is the way he is because he did kill people, though he didn't want to; he was forced to walk down a path he did not choose, rather it was forced upon him under circumstances; he did not see the point in war and fighting, he had to find some meaning to all the madness going on in the war; he lost people he cared about though he tried to protect them, that is why he protects everyone now. Think of it like this, Kira reached spirtual enlightenment (like the Budha) after he ended up with Lacus. While with her, he lost his will to fight. However, after losing his will he regained it with a purpose, to protect. Now hating on Kira is like hating on Jesus for the way he was, it just doesn't make sense. I understand not everyone thinks alike, further not everyone can understand such concepts or believe such things as enlightenment, but there are those who do and have experienced them. So KIRA is the best, and that is all there is to it. I believe Shinn might reach a point of enlightenment as well, but who knows with the amount of episodes that are left.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Strike Freedom, you sound like a generic Kira fanboy who tries to defend your favorite character from the obvious fact that he isn't progressing anymore. There is never an excuse for that; a good character keeps evolving. Kira is just boring and predictable now. This could have been avoided easily, by him at least once reflecting over the fact that his "pacifist ways" kills just as much in the end as it would have even if he killed people outright.

Kira is just a coward who doesn't dare to stain his own hands any longer.

And for the love of coffee, don't EVER compare Kira to Jesus again. That's just scary.

Edit: Note also that "but this is Shinn's show, it's his turn to develop" is not a valid argument because Kira's screentime is ridiculously big already, for a show that isn't even supposed to be about him in the first place.

zn|¹
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:10 AM
There is no need for Kira to develop any further, he has reached his potential as an individual. Kira is the way he is because he did kill people, though he didn't want to; he was forced to walk down a path he did not choose, rather it was forced upon him under circumstances; he did not see the point in war and fighting, he had to find some meaning to all the madness going on in the war; he lost people he cared about though he tried to protect them, that is why he protects everyone now. Think of it like this, Kira reached spirtual enlightenment (like the Budha) after he ended up with Lacus. While with her, he lost his will to fight. However, after losing his will he regained it with a purpose, to protect. Now hating on Kira is like hating on Jesus for the way he was, it just doesn't make sense. I understand not everyone thinks alike, further not everyone can understand such concepts or believe such things as enlightenment, but there are those who do and have experienced them. So KIRA is the best, and that is all there is to it. I believe Shinn might reach a point of enlightenment as well, but who knows with the amount of episodes that are left.

Judging from what was stated there it almost sounds like Kira is a cheap knock off of Kenshin...with a Gundam instead of a sword. And you my friend; I suggest you use less commas @_@.

Freki
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:10 AM
While I agree that kira would have been a better character in this series if there had been some sort of development on his part, I disagree that his pacifist ways kill as many people. I mean I am sure some people die when he disables them, I bet that a good deal of them make it back to home base for repairs. His ways don't get anything accomplished really, but I think there are at least some people who live that would have died otherwise. Kira has pretty much stayed his course since the beginning, and the fact that he seems to have choosen right doesnt change the fact that it makes the character uninteresting. to watch when all his actions could be predicted. I personally think Shinn too suffers from little development. Since the start of the show Shinn has simply done what makes him feel good at the time whether that be fighting, following orders, or commiting treason. Finally now Shinn seems to have a little sense of regreting his course of action but for the majority of the show his past actions have not really had any kind of consequences and he hasn't needed to change. Athrun seems to be the character who has struggled the most out of the 3 and seems to have made the most progress as a character to me.

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:44 AM
To me the lack of character development hasn't just been a problem with Kira. Athrun didn't do anything before he left in the gouf, he just screamed "KIRAAA!" "HEINEEE!" "SHINNNN!" "REYYYY!" and slapped Shinn a couple of times because he could. Shinn has had the most progression as a character and he should have since this was originally his show. But it still is lacking overall this far.

I think there will be an orgy in char development the last 10 episodes, at least i hope so. It would make things interesting.

And start using fucking paragraphs. It's a pain reading a fucking post that looks like that Freki.

fox_t
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:00 AM

I think there will be an orgy in char development the last 10 episodes, at least i hope so. It would make things interesting.

just like how it was in GS...

same as it was in Evangelion...

i think a good series has things and plot twists happening right up until the last minute...

But it still is lacking overall this far.

I have to agree with this also...with Shinn being the exception...

but overall i think it`s been a great series...i really like GS/D...i think it`s been one of the better gundam series...

and for all those complaining about new units only being introduced to sell more kits...well...here`s an idea...stop buying them...

Strike Freedom
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:21 AM
So much hate, where is the love?
BTW, there is never a case where too much commas is a bad thing.

Secondly, the only rebuttals I've had in return is that I'm a "Kira fanboy" and that he isn't progressing anymore. I did not get any VALID argument on what I stated. If your argument is that he is not developing then I already stated mine in the previous post. The arguments presented by some of you are just a repeat of what was already stated by you. If you're going to repeat your argument what is the point in posting.

I understand some of you don't like Kira because he is boring, whimpy, dorky, lucky, overpowering, girly, has the luck of Steven Segal because he just will not die, because he uses too many commas like I do, etc! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif But come on now, there are ppl who like him as is, why change a character if he is immensely popular?

Lastly, I know as well as anyone this is Shinn's spotlight, but if you don't like Kira taking some of it then I suggest you don't want the show. I want Shinn to develop. The reason that Athuran and Kira do not develop now (maybe later on in the series they will) is for the mere fact that this is Shinn's show. So why would they want to develop three characters, especially two that have already developed in GS. It just is more time consuming, in my opinion.

Come on people, come up with some better defences.

PS: coffee is good....mmmmmmmm i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Firstly, who defines what "better defences" is? You? Me? Or might it even be a individual decision what a suitable defense is? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Secondly, what I wrote wasn't necessarily defense - but rather my own take on Kira using your post as a paragraph.

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 11:53 AM
I like Kira but even i can get tired of him sometimes. A little development wouldn't hurt, he doesn't feel complete yet. He is still naive enough to think that he alone can do any diffrence in an entire war which he can't. He needs to step down from his high horse and develop some. I can understand why people detest him but i don't, he got his flaws to. People claim they like Shinn cause of his flaws and says Kira is complete, he is far from complete.

The argument "This is Shinn's show" is weak as we know now that is not the case all 3 of them share the show. The argument that Kira and Athrun developed in SEED is also weak as Athrun is back at square one and Kira is still naive just like he was in SEED.

I would like you to develop the Kira-Jesus agrument a bit. Just to see if you truly did have a thought behind that or just threw out Jesus because he is the embodiment of good and self sacrifice in which case you consider Kira sacrificing himself.

aznimperialx
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:23 PM
i feel like athrun is the main character cuz everything is about him in destiny

Strike Freedom
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Terracosmo, I agree with your statement, it is all subjective on the subject of defence. There is no objective view. I was referring to my point of view i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. Secondly, I respect your take on the matter, and I just gave my input as well, I have enjoyed this virtual conversation thus far! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

PSJ, if I threw it out there for that thought then that is putting some thought into it, regarding the Jesus comparison. Kira is the ultimate coordinator, as such he surpasses all humans and coordinators, in a way the perfect being. Jesus is seen as the perfect human being as well. Yes, that thought was in my head, Jesus and Kira both encompass in my view what appears to be "good." Now I say "good" because it is a subjective statement, others may differ. Kira is self sacraficing, he does not want to fight but feels he must in order to make a difference. He truly believes that one person can make a difference, and he is that difference. Jesus did the same thing by dying on the cross. Kira and Jesus both preach about the right thing to do. I could go more into depth into this but this is not a report. However, I know there are those that will disagree or say this is weak because honestly I do not have the time right now to go into depth with this theory. However, let it be known that Kira is a good person in my eyes, true he has his flaws but he is going down what he believes is his right path.

I definitely disagree with your statement in that he cannot make a difference. One person can make a difference.

Let us look at some people, both bad and good or none of the above in some people's views that have made a difference: Jesus, Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Hitler, Stalin, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Jackie Robinson, Martin Luther King Jr, Martin Luther, John Paul II, Alexander the Great, Ceaser, Achilles (though fictitious), Moses, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and so on.

The power to believe is beyond that of any other power, only Love surpasses it. If he truly believed that he could not make a difference then Kira would have never tried. Here's a life lesson: you are your worst enemy at times. Think about it, how many times have we placed barriers on ourselves, thus limiting ourselves in different ways. "I can't do this" or "this will never work" or "I'll never win" or "What's the point" or "Who cares" are all statements we tell ourselves in order to justify our inability to act and believe in ourselves. I myself have fallen victim to this at times. Yet, though many may doubt you, if you have the guts to stickup for what you believe in and keep trying, I assure you that although failure may be constant there wil be victory in the end. There may be many reasons that hold us back from doing something: fear, inability to fully believe in one self, and so on.

I do think Kira has made a difference and will make a difference in GSD. No he hasn't is what some may say, but I say look at the facts: Athuran is back with AA thanks to Kira, Cagalli regained her will thanks to Kira and Lacus' support as well as that of her people, Kira saved the Eternal from what might have been its destruction and/or defeat, Kira has protected Lacus from various attacks, and so on. It may be safe to say that without Kira, the events that have taken place thus far would be different. Some may say it is an insignificant difference, others a great difference, others could be neutral, the point is that he has made some difference in my eyes.

Lastly, Kira is not naive, rather he is idealistic. Naive would be equivalent to ignorant and Kira is not that. Kira knows the path he must walk, in GS he had no idea why he was fighting. Kira wants a resolution without battles, he does not want to kill anyone. Towards the end of GS this is how Kira began thinking. Athuran is not back to square one. It is just that events have repeated themselves (history repeats itself). Athuran was doing what he felt was right when joining Zaft. He felt useless just being by Cagalli's side. He wanted to do what he thought was right. He believed the Chairman was an upright and just man. The Chairman spoke of goals that were similar to Athuran's view. If you recall in the beginning the Chairman wanted a peaceful resolution to things. Athuran is in the same predicament as in GS, but it does not mean that he as a character is back to square one. His thoughts are different, he's a bit more mature, and he under different circumstances. In GS, he was conflicted (as was Kira) in facing his best friend, he had many other conflictions later on in "what he was fighting for." None of that exists here, Athuran (in GSD) knows that he is fighting to uphold what he believes in, the right path. In GSD, he was fighting out of anger. He wanted revenge and he felt justified. Athuran in GSD is not fighting to feel justified, he has no reason to.

I read that so many people want more character development out of them, I then have a response: How do you want them to develop more? What do you want to see? I feel that they have reached a point in which they are walking the right path in their hearts and minds, if so then there is no need to change any further. Think of it like this, if a person is comfortable with their way of living why would they change it. The only reason people aspire for more or to change is that there must be a desire within the person. But if the person is fine in their current state, then he/she will not want to change or most likely will not change. I hope I make myself clear here, but if not please let me know and I would love to explain it more in depth. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

fox_t
Mon, 07-25-2005, 03:25 PM
well said.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:21 PM
I still think he's a douche bag.
And he should be dead. Twice. Doubly dead.
I believe he is a hypocrite for fighting with his Gundam to stop others from fighting. His no-killing stance hasn't changed at all since the end of Seed (he even tried to not kill Stellar) and he still agrees with just about everything Lacus Clyne says. He still wants to do the right thing and still kicks ass in an MS, making his role in battles tediously predictable whenever he shows up.

Strike Freedom's defense is damn good, but I remain unbudged, unphased and still an avid Kira-hater. Wait, make that a Kira-but-only-in-Destiny- Hater.

I don't care if he believes he is walking the right path, or if he "doesn't need to develop any more". I've said a million times why I think he's too good to be an enjoyable character, so I won't do so again. I demand action, I demand variety, I demand intrigue from my anime.

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
True one person can make a diffrence but one soldier cannot stop a whole war. That's pretty much what i meant but it came out wrong. Kira is naive in thinking that he alone can stop the EAF and ZAFT from fighting.

I Disagree that we put barriers on ourselves, at least to a certain extent. It's true we do it sometimes but knowing your own limits and thus knowing yourself is needed if you want to surpass yourself. In Kiras case seeing that what he does doesn't work would enable him to try to find diffrent ways to get his point across, that would be great development for his character.