PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Fighter G Gundam

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Started watching G Gundam, i'm upto ep 22 now and i must say this series rules.

So discuss to your hearts content. And there will be no bashing or bullshit complaining in here. If you want to bash the show do it somewhere else, this is for discussing the greatness of it not for you to display your hate.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Wow two good topics on a row.. that's unusual for you PSJ i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway as I've said one million times before... this is a damn good series, you just need to watch it as a mecha series and not a regular Gundam one.
If you go into this and think you'll get the usual Gundam stuff (political shit etc) you'll be vastly disappointed.
See it instead as a spin-off which is Gundam in name only. That way you'll love it. I know I do.

Also, opening 2 is godly! Trust You Forever <3

This is one of the few series where the main character is actually my favorite. Partly because he shares voice actor with Yzak I guess, but also because Domon has so damn many sides to him... and probably the coolest incarnation of the main character gundam. Seriously, God gundam destroys everything.

MrTicTac
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:07 PM
may i be the first to post...

BUUURRRNNNIINGG FIIINNNGEEER !!! O___O!!

ooh and are u downloading it through BT? i've only watched the dubbed version, and hopin to check out the sub too

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, you can get it at Boxtorrents ( www.boxtorrents.com )

You should really get the sub... you haven't heard SHINING FINGAAAAAH til Tomokazu Seki has said/screamed it

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Yea, i got it in me to make something good it's just so damn hard to pull out but i try.

This show is indeed awesome. At first i thought it would be overdramatic as hell with cheesy fighting but i trusted Terra's opinion and it did not disappoint me. The characters is central in this show, at least Domon. I love his character, there is so much to it and i feel that i have just scratched the sruface on the other 4 main characters.

The fighting is quite nicely done and this show reminds me more of a martial arts story than a gundam story. Which is nice, the only Gundam are in name and the mechs.

This show is highly recommended by both me and Terra. As DDBen put it in the recent AMV thread. Terra's and PSJ's opinions are always correct.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:23 PM
oh, i've only seen this series dubbed too, and not a lot of it either. as usual the sub is probably a hell lot better...

MrTicTac
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:25 PM
RAWWR ! box-torrents, dont d/l from there much

11gb+ download *dies* x__x

oh and i liked the dub, i cant compare the original in terms of violence editing etc,, but the voices were fitting to the chars i think (except a couple, i didnt like that frechie guy's voice)

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:39 PM
That boxtorrents download is worht it i can assure you.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah I used that DL too. It's very large but perfect DVD-rip quality... oh, and dual audio in case you feel like comparing the dub & sub i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Knives122
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:06 PM
well its definately different then any of the others I've seen, and its definately better then 08th ms team. over all I liked it(even though I only saw it dubbed).

and yes "trust you forever" is a good song.

NineTailsKitsu
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
"This hand of mine burns...and ROARS!!! IT TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!!"

Yes, G Gundam Is to Gundam what Yu-Yu-Hakusho was to Dragonball Z.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Very good description actually.

My, YYH, that was a good series. <3

Anyone who can get me the full sentence of what Domon says when he does Exploding God Finger gets a cookie.

oyabun
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:47 AM
can you guys post the bt link? tnx

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:16 AM
terra said it before,, (boxtorrents.com)

type in Mobil Fighter G Gundam or G Gundam in the search option and the 40 something episode batch is there like 11gb

Psyke
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:25 AM
I loved G Gundam!!! It's a great show and everybody should watch it.... with a open mind. It's not your standard Gundam series but it was very popular back then.

Do catch the subbed version and not the American dubbed version if you can. It's totally different and the japanese voices totally rock.

"Baaaaaaaakuuuretsu! Goooooooodoooooo Fingaaaaaaaaaaaaar!"

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:59 AM
I still don't like this series. I know it was like a ultimate fighter parody of Gundam, but some of the characters just annoyed me and I felt like it dragged in places and had some so-so-so obvious "secrets".

I wonder if the subbed voices can make that much of a difference... Perhaps... I shall ...
*runs off to DL*

Souryusen
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
What a great series. I definitely liked Shining more than God though.. Shining looked like a badass samurai and God just looked... queer. This series definitely has the best "Gundam death" in it. The scene where God lifts the wreckage of Shining is fan-fuggin'-tastic.

Yay for a Gundam series that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Okay.... the Gundam horse was pretty lame though..

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Yea some gundam designs looks ridicoulus. Like the Holland gundam, its just a windmill that transforms.

I also liked the scene where God lifts Shining. The battle where Rain and Domon fights together is good to.

KapsLocked
Mon, 07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
This anime was HI-LARIOUS! I just loved all the weirdly shaped Gundams, like the gundam that was half-boat and the one that was a submarine... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Good story too.

Knives122
Mon, 07-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Yea some gundam designs looks ridicoulus. Like the Holland gundam, its just a windmill that transforms.

I also liked the scene where God lifts Shining. The battle where Rain and Domon fights together is good to.

you're also forgetting about the infamous Sailor Moon gundam(i think it was from norway)

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 04:54 PM
It was from Sweden. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Not like I -want- to remember that...
Pretty cool how a swede was an important character though.

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:06 PM
hmmm its great right when a female pilot goes in to get ready to pilot a gundam,, she gets covered in that skin-tight suit *__*

hmmm *hurries to d/l*

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Hmm so the Swede gets to be important? Cool. I detest that swedish gundam tho, what the hell is swedish about Sailor Moon?

Souryusen
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I detest that swedish gundam tho, what the hell is swedish about Sailor Moon?

At least it's not Maxter. *shudder*

They should have just souped up the Statue of Liberty and used that instead.

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Maxter isn't to bad, the only thing that is stupid about that unit is those "gloves" that sits on it's shoulders and then that the breast plate pops off when his is going into battle. Great idea to remove your armor when you are going to fight.

NineTailsKitsu
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Could be worse, how about Viking Gundam...or, the WINDMILL GUNDAM!? Thats about as funny as Crocket being the Queen of Diamonds....

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Queen of spades, but yes it is funny as hell that a man got the title of queen. I love it when he says in an entirely serious voice "I don't have much interest in the title of Queen of Spades." How about "Queer of Spades"? You think he will like that title more?

Honestly i would rather have the Viking Gundam than the Schoolgirl Gundam. Vikings are cool and as scandinavian as you can get.

Deblas
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:08 PM
I get goosebumps everytime burning gundam does his burning finger. Its....just.....too.....awesome!! O_o

Was there ever a caribbean or P.R gundam?? I don't think there was. It was for the best. It would have owned everyone anyway.

kinggalaxia
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:37 PM
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

Master Asia's death was the BEST death in all of Gundam. Hands. Fucking. Down.

I never fail to cry when he & Domon say their thing one last time. I'm for real getting stuffy just thinking about it.

Blues
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:21 PM
God I LOVE G Gundam. It's my favorite gundam series ever. I've heard that a lot of people hate this series simply because it's goofy. IMO, it's just a different take on war....the Gundam Fight is a BRILLIANT idea in general. The characters are good too. Master Asia owns everyone.....EVERYONE.....

john_doe_107
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:27 AM
g gundam rocks alright
but i hate the scene where domon struggles wearing his spandex..and at the end of the scene they show how fit his ass is.
that's just gross.

Jurojin
Tue, 07-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I didn't like the dubbed version, and have never seen the subbed version- SO I'm downloading said 11gig file now, but so help you all if I don't like it after waiting 2-3 days for the download..... I'll poke you with sticks! yes, that's right, STICKS!

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:05 AM
G gundam is awsome. Sai is the best. I just love his Dragon gundam. Domon yelled a bit to much for me though. Those finger attacks are just awsome.

SPOILER

I think that Sai got cheated during his final fight with Domon. That second buring finger was just cheap. Rain is also the best out of all of the G pilots as she subdued one of the four kings without even killing the pilot, and it was her first time in the gundam and her first fight too. Shows how everyone else is inferior to her. Allenbe is also cool.
1.Sai Saichi
2.Master Asia
3.Allenbe Beardsly
4.Rain
5.Domon Kashu
Thats my top 5 list.

Psyke
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:34 AM
My fave would have to be God Gundam. Shining Gundam comes next. Loved the scene where Domon takes over God Gundam and where Shining Gundam passes his battle info to his successor. The John Bull Gundam looks good as well.

I've got a Gundam Weapons G Gundam Special book. Lotsa good model pics inside. Will scan and post up soon if you guys are interested.

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm interested, i would love to see them.

Just finished ep 30, the ep where Domon fights Allenby. Allenby is great but her crew is fucking insane. Fun that Sweden got an army that trains kids seeing as how we got virtually no army right now.

drunkenmaster
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:32 PM
am i the only one that didnt like G gundam? i thought it was just so.... so.... just weird. i mean blow wind gundam? and that episode where domon dislocated his shoulder to escape the snake. wtf i never knew that worked! to me it was just too much like..... dbz. regardless i still watched the entire series. and i i must admit master asia was awsome. i mean he has the sash of DEATH and the name master asia... i mean u got the asian part and the master part!

PSJ
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:53 PM
True, it isn't like any other Gundam show at first it is just mindless action but later in it gets alot of good character development and by ep 25 or so it gets really emotional. DBZ never had any of those. But i guess you could call it a DBZ with Gundams and a hell of alot better story and better characters.

Some things indeed are questionable like dislocating the gundams shoulder and when the Nobel gundam is breathing heavily but every show got something questionable and most of the time you just don't care. This is one of those shows where you don't care about things like that.

Blues
Fri, 07-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
G gundam is awsome. Sai is the best. I just love his Dragon gundam. Domon yelled a bit to much for me though. Those finger attacks are just awsome.

SPOILER

I think that Sai got cheated during his final fight with Domon. That second buring finger was just cheap..

I &#^$% KNOW! That fight kicked so much ass. And then, just when it looks like Domon might legitimately lose, that fucking God Finger came out of NOWHERE! That just screamed "I'm the main character...I can't lose."

Still, Sai was the only one who gave Domon a shitload of trouble...not even Master Asia had him on the ropes like that.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:03 PM
At least our gundam is called Nobel gundam, after Alfred Nobel. That's badass.

drunkenmaster
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:03 PM
sai was awsome and his ultiment technique was like that kamakazie butterfly thing where he spun around super fast. i cant remember the fight well, except for the end wehre burning finger countered his kamakazie attack? can someone fill me in on the fight? also i am dissapointed that gsd stole burning finger! destiny gundam has that sorta burning finger thing(yes its a palm cannon but still). its SOOO RIPPED OFF version of god finger...

~strike-freedom~
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
hmm.. can ne one post a link here of where i can dl this series?

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
www.boxtorrents.com

Curium
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:37 AM
I can't believe nobody has brought up the Butler Gundam yet. You know the MS that Neo France's pilot's butler was driving. He was acctually controling it with a huge steering wheel.

PSJ
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Ah that one. I was like "WTF" the first time i saw that it was hilarious. What if that gundam went up against someone like Zeus gundam, that would be a funny fight.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
I can't believe nobody has brought up the Butler Gundam yet. You know the MS that Neo France's pilot's butler was driving. He was acctually controling it with a huge steering wheel.

That was hilarious. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

So... ehh... what gundams do you people like in this series?
I mean sure the majority of them sucks but some designs were actually cool... I liked Italy's gundam for some reason, it could kick and stuff. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Finally watched all of this. So now comes a post concerning my thoughts on the whole series.

SPOILERS AHEAD!! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE WHOLE SHOW STOP READING HERE.

First of i would like to say whoever says this is the DBZ of Gundam(i have read this on several places) has obviously not seen the show. This show got enough character development for 3 shows. Which throws me right into my favourite part of this show, the characters and their development.

All of the main characters gets a huge deal of development as well as surrounding characters. I have not seen character development through out a show like i have in G Gundam. Domon Kasshu for example goes from an excellent fighter who can only fuel himself with anger to a complete fighter who can disregard his feelings when necessary and this development goes on to the very last episode.

The development of Sai Saici from a whiny kid with no ambition to a kid with a clear goal is beautiful. So is Argo's Development from a ruthless prisoner to a great leader(for his fellow pirates) and friend(to the Shuffle Alliance). Both George and Chibodee kind of loses their way but finds it again, they don't develop in the same way but they do indeed develop.

While the fights are questionable, this is here this show got the DBZ reference. The Hyper mode the Shuffle alliance possess can be seen as this shows SSJ. But if you look beyond that you can see the hyper mode as their determination instead of thinking DBZ all the time. I enjoy this type of fighting as i enjoy martial arts shows and hand to hand combat this is a nice turn on Gundams not using a beam rifle and hiding behind shields.

Now to the gundam designs, as Terra said above some of them sucks but there are awesome Gundams to. I like all of the 5 main char gundams. I also like Gundam Spiegel of Neo Germany and Neo Norway's Viking Gundam, fuck it is a viking there is nothing more to say about that one. Master Gundam is also quite cool with Fuun Saiki. I like how the horse also goes into the Gundam horse and gets one of those suits.

This show also had one of the coolest plot twists ever. They made 2 thought to be good characters, Ulube and Dr. Mikamura evil and made the very embodiment of evil the Devil Gundam something that was supposed to be used for good. They also made Toho Fuhai Master Asia a good guy again or semi-good guy at least. At this Kyoji and Dr. Kasshu was not evil at all and both were good trying to escape Dr. Mikamura and Ulube. I was suprised when they turned it around like this but i loved it anyway. Great plot twist.

The ending is like from a fairy tale. It starts of as ultra sad and all but right after Domon explains his love for Rain and they do the Ultimate attack of the School of the Undefeated of the East "Love, love version" together it all turned around and became a real fairy tale with the animation of King of Hearts smashing Devil Gundam. Domon got his princess and rides of on Fuun Saiki. Argo, George, Chibodee and Sai had an happy ending to. Argo seems to have hooked up with Nastasha, Chibodee got his own harem, Maria Louisse seems to have shown her feelings to George and Sai got that picture of Neo Denmarks Gundam fighters sister, that was really cute.

And i agree with everyone that Master Asia's death is one of the greatest ever. There isn't anything more that is needed to say. Kyoji's death was also beautiful i have a hard time deciding which death i like better.

That is all for this time.

Curium
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
You know, personally i thought the last fight between Domon and Bolt Gundam was BS. Haveing a Gundam's knee break from it's own attack is just pathetic.

PSJ
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Fuck no that is badass. It basicly says "this guy is strong enough to damage himself when he attacks" if that's not badass nothing is.

You can injure yourself in reality when doing something wrong and they clearly say that they didn't develop the technique to completion. I think it's fine to have it that way, a miscalculation while creating the tech, nothing more. But on the other hand this show probably isn't made to comapre to real life so that's useless.

I still think it's badass.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree fully with everything you wrote about PSJ, the development and whatnot of this show was outstanding.
I enjoyed every minute of this series and I pity those who disregard it because it's different from other Gundam shows.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:29 PM
dang it i cant find this anime in my collection (i burn them onto DVDs after the series ends) so i still cant remember what the name of the gundam with the roses was (i think it was france's gundam) 1 of the 5 main ones. could 1 of you tell me what its called?

Knives122
Mon, 07-25-2005, 10:50 PM
lol, by coincidence the gundam with the roses is called "Gundam Rose" and it was piloted by George de Sand

einobaka
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:28 AM
God Finger (http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ssoh/cosplay/god%20gundam%2002.jpg)
Oh yeah (http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ssoh/cosplay/god%20gundam%2001.jpg)

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 12:14 PM
That was one cool model or whatever it is.

Btw, am i the only one who thought it was strange that the colonies had fleet's of mobile suits at the end?

Curium
Tue, 07-26-2005, 01:37 PM
That was one cool model or whatever it is.

Btw, am i the only one who thought it was strange that the colonies had fleet's of mobile suits at the end?

It was a cosplay costume.

Also I believe Denmark was the only one with a fleet of MSs. Wasn't it just the Gundam's from every nation?

PSJ
Tue, 07-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Holland had a fleet to. I'm not entirely sure on the others.

Cool cosplaycostume.

Astronopolis
Wed, 07-27-2005, 01:05 AM
yeah all the fleets were like mass produced units of the gundam fighters.

i dont understand why people think that some of the suit designs werent cool, i mean none of the suits were meant to look badass, well except for the lead suits so there could be a little moolah flowing from model sales, but yeah, wtf, the gundam is shaped like a windmill, who cares? or a fish, or a cactus, or whatever. i just enjoyed the fact that there were all these things for the viewer to look at and react to, rather than the homogeny of other side stories with the pretty-boy pilots and cool suits for every. single. person. (!)

please future gundam directors, take a page from this series, give us some variety and dont treat us like idiots anymore!!

john_doe_107
Wed, 07-27-2005, 03:44 AM
and why is it that the colonies in space were shaped like their countries on earth?

neways, this was the first gundam series i watched, and it rocked!!
the best parts were episode 40 onwards.
furthermore, the love between rain and domon just makes so much sense.
you know, its not love first sight and all.
they went through a lot together, so love just came through naturally.
though i think the final love sekiha tenkyoken was cheezy, but exhilirating nonetheless
oh yeah, where can i get the 2nd op mp3?

Curium
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
and why is it that the colonies in space were shaped like their countries on earth?

For the fun of it.

Jurojin
Wed, 07-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Still.... downloading....... 11gig..... file.......

Hopefully Ill have it done in time to watch it next week for my vacation i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Everon
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM
I laughed and cried at this series. I liked the early on war aspect, but when it got down to the duels, student-master plotline and the "Shinning finger!" thing it felt really silly to watch.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:54 PM
No it didn't. It felt silly to you because you compared it with other gundam shows. Try to look at it as something else standing on it's own. There is nothing silly about the Master-student relationship and the shining finger is just a special attack, think rasengan and you will probably be able to watch the show.

The Characters in this show alone are enough reason to see it. I say give it another try and stop thinking "Oh gundam this will be war and cool mechas with guns" think something like "cool a diffrent gundam shows, the guys at GW says it's good so i better watch all of it so i don't miss out."

Jurojin
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
i/expressions/musicnote.gif

That's exactly why I'm suffering this download i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I never did see the whole thing through, but in english the parts I did see was just plain... silly. I'm hoping the japanese+subtitles do it better justice than I was exposed to.

KapsLocked
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah... I <3 this series also. I honestly just love anything SIMILAR to DBZ and seems to make fun of it, and G Gundam has that AND a cool story.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:18 PM
The english dub is horrible. It destroys emotional moments totally, i didn't turn on japanese audio by mistake once and i thought i would go insane.

Curium
Wed, 07-27-2005, 05:59 PM
The english dub is horrible. It destroys emotional moments totally, i didn't turn on japanese audio by mistake once and i thought i would go insane.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind the Dubs. I always go with the dubs when I can. Except for One Piece. I hate those voices in English.

PSJ
Wed, 07-27-2005, 06:18 PM
You go for the dubs instead of the subs when you can choose? The subs got so much better emotion in them. While you listen to a dub you get the feeling americans can't comprehend what is happening and how it affects the character therefore their work becomes halfassed and without soul.

Jurojin
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I wholly agree- almost every single dub Ive suffe...listened to has been pale in comparison to the original Japanese voice actors. (Holds up a "Kill David Moo" poster) Well, maybe DBZ is an exception (don't like Goku's VA).

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by: Jurojin
(Holds up a "Kill David Moo" poster)

Amen!!! That guy totally killed Xellos in Slayers

~strike-freedom~
Thu, 07-28-2005, 01:29 PM
ok, i got the series but for some reason, it speaks both english and japanese at the same time, ne one no how to fix this problem?

Jurojin
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
/minor_hijack

Really, wtf were the casting directors thinking when they cast David "Please stab me in the neck with a rusty spoon" Moo?!?! Sounds like he's a giant pinched nose with a mouth shoved full of zombie kittens >_<!

minor_hijack/

And I'll have the same question- How will I filter that when I get home and (hopefully) find out it's finished downloading?

I'm sure I'll be able to monkey around until it works, but any advanced notice would be nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Basically you need a media player in which you can switch the audio. If the media player in question supports it, you need only rightclick on the screen while the file is playing and you'll be able to switch it in the menu that pops up.

PSJ
Thu, 07-28-2005, 05:58 PM
I play mine in WMP works fine. Just download the necessary codecs.

Mite Gai
Thu, 07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Did anyone else notice that there were some gundam cameos in the last parts of the series? I could have sworn i saw the Gundam Unit 01 that Kou Uraki pilots from 0083 and I also saw the Gundam from 0079. When I finish downloading this (saw it on CN way back, sadly) I am gonna post some screencaps of the cameos.

Curium
Thu, 07-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

(Holds up a "Kill David Moo" poster)

Amen!!! That guy totally killed Xellos in Slayers

I liked Xellos' English voice. It was one of my favorites in Slayers. Of course I've never heard his Japanese voice.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Jesus, I never thought I'd see someone who liked his performance as Xellos.
That's definitely bound to change if you ever hear the original one, which by the way was played by Ishida Akira (Athrun).

PSJ
Thu, 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
Did anyone else notice that there were some gundam cameos in the last parts of the series? I could have sworn i saw the Gundam Unit 01 that Kou Uraki pilots from 0083 and I also saw the Gundam from 0079. When I finish downloading this (saw it on CN way back, sadly) I am gonna post some screencaps of the cameos.

That's interesting. When you watch it be sure to watch it in japanese.

~strike-freedom~
Fri, 07-29-2005, 12:32 AM
@PSJ hi, can u tell me which codecs/where i can get them inorder to play g gundam with out the dual language?

Jurojin
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:00 AM
I'll tinker with it when I get home (download finished overnight) but anyone have a best player to play .MKV files? Those apparently were the ones I downloaded >_> and when I use WMP V.10 it gives me "WTF file type is this? O.o?"

I downloaded "Media Player Classic", which works, and I can switch b/w English and Japanese (Burning Finger in Japanese is MUCH better) but I can't seem to find where the subtitles are O.o?

{Help me out!}

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:13 AM
You should be able to change the subtitles in the same menu... weird...

Tip: Try "The Core Media Player". It rules!

PSJ
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Just go here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=14084&enterthrea d=y) and download Vobsub and OggDs and you should be fine.

Jurojin
Fri, 07-29-2005, 09:44 AM
When I had MPC up, there was a subtitles button/drag-menu, but it was grayed out, like it wasnt an option- oh well, Ill try CMP and the codecs below when I get home and hope for the best. Either way, the video quality was top notch i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

And anything with Athruns Seiyuu HAS to be good.

~strike-freedom~
Fri, 07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
ty so much, i got it to work i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif..

PSJ
Fri, 07-29-2005, 01:24 PM
No worries i'm just glad i can help people that want to see this amazing show.

Psyke
Sat, 07-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Ok! I've finally took out my book and scanned some of the pictures. The quality isn't too high as my scanner's a cheap one. The cover looks like this:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7569/g15pq.jpg

Some of the pictures I've scanned:
God Gundam & Domon (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3382/g20pr.jpg)
God Gundam (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8264/g39xy.jpg)
Shining Gundam (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7795/g44fe.jpg)
Master Gundam & Master Asia (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/230/g52ny.jpg)
God Gundam Vs Master Gundam (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2280/g65ty.jpg)
Master Gundam & Fuunsaiki (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2821/g75fb.jpg)
Rising Gundam (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7701/9106ap.jpg)
Nobel Gundam (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5771/g89qk.jpg)
Devil Gundam (Devil Colony version) (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5277/g92ef.jpg)

That's all for now!

einobaka
Sun, 07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
that picture of the Nobel and God Gundam made me chuckle

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 08:32 PM
That was indeed funny, but sort of true to the show.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 08-03-2005, 11:51 PM
can you guys(and ladies) please seed it because my download is going VERY slow right now(6kb/sec), thanks in advance

Jurojin
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:06 AM
All in all, G Gundam is much better in Japanese than in English- voices seem to fit better. TBO, I still felt that overall the series was a bit silly, and this could easily have been just as good a show w/o the Gundam name on it.

8/10 for me.

Also, is it me or is the japanese VA for Chibodee the same one as Jiraya? O.o

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Also, is it me or is the japanese VA for Chibodee the same one as Jiraya? O.o

Bingo (http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7134)

RTX-008L
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac
may i be the first to post...

BUUURRRNNNIINGG FIIINNNGEEER !!! O___O!!

ooh and are u downloading it through BT? i've only watched the dubbed version, and hopin to check out the sub too

are you talking about god finger?^^b

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Very good description actually.

My, YYH, that was a good series. <3

Anyone who can get me the full sentence of what Domon says when he does Exploding God Finger gets a cookie.

um...how about skip the cookie part...i hate sweet stuff
nSnKLcdkH)h_Mvգ?
Ore no kono te ga makkani moeru!
shouri wo tsukame to todoroki sakebu!
Bakunetsu! God Finger!

personally i don't think G is even considered gundam(neither do wing and seed) since gundams are suppose to be real style robots instead of super style(i hope someone who didn't play srw will understand wut i mean)
tho....their models are nice....first time bandai uses skelaton
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/DSC03443.JPG

Marcis
Fri, 08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
OMG just look at those numbers of Lacus figurines! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif
Somebody has addiction...

RTX-008L
Fri, 08-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by: Marcis
OMG just look at those numbers of Lacus figurines!
Somebody has addiction...

that was nothing compare to the whole set collection...these r pics of part 1~5+lacus special

part 1(first edition)
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.j...ls/figure/DSC03407.JPG (http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/figure/DSC03407.JPG)
part 2
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.j...ls/figure/DSC03343.JPG (http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/figure/DSC03343.JPG)
sp1
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.j...ls/figure/DSC03341.JPG (http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/figure/DSC03341.JPG)
part 3
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.j...ls/figure/DSC03339.JPG (http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/figure/DSC03339.JPG)
part 4
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.j...s/figure/DSC103546.JPG (http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/figure/DSC103546.JPG)
part 5
http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.j...s/figure/DSC035147.JPG (http://dy2773.hp.infoseek.co.jp/Kira/models/figure/DSC035147.JPG)

PSJ
Sun, 08-14-2005, 06:05 PM
One question, why is there pictures of SEEd figurines in the G Gundam topic?

RTX-008L
Sun, 08-14-2005, 07:34 PM

cuz not enough space in room...

Astronopolis
Tue, 08-16-2005, 12:26 AM
lol sup PTX

RTX-008L
Tue, 08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis
lol sup PTX

[Zeta mode]my name is RTX-008L, before and after, i am noone, my name is RTX-008L~~!![/Zeta mode]

PSJ
Wed, 08-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by: RTX-008L

cuz not enough space in room...

No, idiot you posted pictures of only SEED figurines in here which is in the wrong thread. Post it in the model kit thread where it belongs.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 08-18-2005, 06:12 PM
yahoo my g gundam download is 55% done!! sooooo close!!

oyabun
Fri, 08-19-2005, 11:35 PM
mine is alredy on 82%...

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 08-19-2005, 11:53 PM
well i only have 3 seeds

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 08-24-2005, 02:05 PM
alright i finished dling it but the vobsub won't download, can anyone help me or is there another codec that might work?

i apologize for the double post

PSJ
Wed, 08-24-2005, 02:41 PM
matroska codec pack is good, you can find it using google to search.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 08-24-2005, 02:56 PM
alright thanks it works now, i can finally watch this so-called "great series" that you and terra claim it to be i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EDIT: nevermind the sounds don't work, a little help please?

EDIT 2: the sound works for my other files like gundam seed destiny but the sound won't play for g gundam

oyabun
Thu, 08-25-2005, 07:07 PM
same problem here

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 08-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by: oyabin
same problem here

i got it to work now, just download the k lite codec pack at http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

oyabun
Fri, 08-26-2005, 07:54 AM
tnx ! now ill be able to watch it again

GundamFighter012
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, I am a big fan of the show too.

I was just wondering, can anyone help me in opening this Boxtorrent file? I dont know how 2. I just dowloaded it but what program do i have 2 use to open it? If anyone could give a step by step, thx.

Curium
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by: GundamFighter012
Hey guys, I am a big fan of the show too.

I was just wondering, can anyone help me in opening this Boxtorrent file? I dont know how 2. I just dowloaded it but what program do i have 2 use to open it? If anyone could give a step by step, thx.

Basic Torrent program (http://www.bittorrent.com/)
BitTornado (http://bittornado.com/)

You will need one of those (100% free if you want them to be, you will just get a notice sometimes begging for money). There are others, but those are probably the best. The first one is the original and basic BitTorrent program. If all you want is straight up downloading that one is enough. BitTornado has more options, for example in a multi-file Torrent you can tell it to download specific files if you don't want some.

Once you have installed one of those programs, just double click on the ".torrent" file you downloaded from BoxTorrents and it should open with the newly installed Program. Just select where you want it to save on you HD and hope that people are Seeding the torrent.

GundamFighter012
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Ah, okay, thanks. =)
But, what about the MKV things?

Curium
Sat, 08-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by: GundamFighter012
Ah, okay, thanks. =)
But, what about the MKV things?

MKV Explanation and needed programs. (http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=mkv&Submit3=Go%21)

^I've found that site to be extremely useful when I come accross and new types of files.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:44 PM
g gundam is pretty good, it's way better than wing but close to seed IMO. i didn't like that they kept on resurrecting devil gundam though, and master asia's death was kool, i like how they said their motto at the end, it was a nice death for master asia

Curium
Tue, 08-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
g gundam is pretty good, it's way better than wing but close to seed IMO. i didn't like that they kept on resurrecting devil gundam though, and master asia's death was kool, i like how they said their motto at the end, it was a nice death for master asia

Keep in mind that the Devil Gundam had specifically been designed to be able to self-repair itself. If I recall correctly, before the incident when Kyoji stole it and fled to Earth (I don't think there are any Spoilers in that) it was built to be (and at least in the dub version called) the Ultimate Gundam. Anything that is Ultimate had better be EXTREMELY hard to kill.

einobaka
Tue, 08-30-2005, 09:53 PM

Keep in mind that the Devil Gundam had specifically been designed to be able to self-repair itself. If I recall correctly, before the incident when Kyoji stole it and fled to Earth (I don't think there are any Spoilers in that) it was built to be (and at least in the dub version called) the Ultimate Gundam. Anything that is Ultimate had better be EXTREMELY hard to kill.

Slightly off topic, maybe they should've named a certain something Ultimate Freedom instead ;P

Mite Gai
Wed, 08-31-2005, 08:40 PM
HA! After so long I finally managed to DL the series so I can now post the cameos of gundams I was able to find.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9773/ggundamthegundam2ue.jpg

A pic of the Gundam.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5026/ggundamgp014jz.jpg

A pic of GP01, its in the middle of the pic where the tentacles form an X.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2510/ggundamgp01fv5zs.jpg

A better pic of GP01 this time in Full Vernian at the bottom right.

Oh and the Japanese VAs were way better than the English ones though I found that the English ones were not terrible in comparison just average while the Japanese VAs were great.

P.S. If the torrent is lacking seeds tell me and I will get back on. I don't like to leave the torrent up for a long periods of time though since it greatly slows down my pc which I also need for school work and fun (BT = SUPER LAG even in stuff like Word and WMP, since BT uses CPU power).

RTX-008L
Thu, 09-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
HA! After so long I finally managed to DL the series so I can now post the cameos of gundams I was able to find.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9773/ggundamthegundam2ue.jpg

A pic of the Gundam.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/5026/ggundamgp014jz.jpg

A pic of GP01, its in the middle of the pic where the tentacles form an X.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2510/ggundamgp01fv5zs.jpg

A better pic of GP01 this time in Full Vernian at the bottom right.

Oh and the Japanese VAs were way better than the English ones though I found that the English ones were not terrible in comparison just average while the Japanese VAs were great.

P.S. If the torrent is lacking seeds tell me and I will get back on. I don't like to leave the torrent up for a long periods of time though since it greatly slows down my pc which I also need for school work and fun (BT = SUPER LAG even in stuff like Word and WMP, since BT uses CPU power).
pay a closer attention, you will find Ra-Gz in the corner of pic 2
btw...the third one is GP-01fb

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/AtHRunOwNZaLL/2.jpg

better picture of THE gundam on bottom left corner

Curium
Thu, 09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/AtHRunOwNZaLL/2.jpg

better picture of THE gundam on bottom left corner

Is that Guncannon on the right side just above the middle?

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 09-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Is that Guncannon on the right side just above the middle?

hmm.... looks like it but hard to tell

Mite Gai
Fri, 09-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Based on the appearance of other old mobile suits it probably is.

einobaka
Mon, 09-12-2005, 12:14 AM
If someone can tell me how to SS I would caputre it, but in the end there's also a cameo of the F91, Wing Zero and I believe the ZZ

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 09-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by: einobaka
If someone can tell me how to SS I would caputre it, but in the end there's also a cameo of the F91, Wing Zero and I believe the ZZ

wing zero? what the hell??? show me!!!

if you're using windows media player then just press ctrl+i

Psyke
Mon, 09-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Unless they already pre-designed Wing Zero back then it's unlikely that it's a cameo. But I remember seeing GP03 Stamen as a cameo though.

~strike-freedom~
Tue, 09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
hey, does anyone know if its possible to change the g-gundam's extention from Ogm... to something like avi? i thinking of burning it.. but i don't think it will work unless i change it

Curium
Tue, 09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by: ~strike-freedom~
hey, does anyone know if its possible to change the g-gundam's extention from Ogm... to something like avi? i thinking of burning it.. but i don't think it will work unless i change it

Why wouldn't it work burning OGM files? Also, just change 1 episode from OGM to AVI and see if it works. If not you can just redownload that 1 episode, but if it works then you know.

einobaka
Thu, 09-15-2005, 02:02 PM

using VLC

edit: here you go

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/einobaka/gundamss.jpg

PSJ
Thu, 09-15-2005, 02:42 PM
That ain't Wing.

Curium
Thu, 09-15-2005, 06:44 PM
That ain't Wing.

I don't think (juding by the image only) you can be so definite. There is no question that the shield looks right. While the colors are slightly off, I personally believe it is. Keep in mind that was right at the end of G Gundam, and Wing started around a week after G ended. It seems like a rather easy "Easter Egg" to add in, and I would like to congratulate einobaka on acctually noticing it. If the design is finished since the first few episodes at least had to be done by then, why not hide it in there?

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Thu, 09-15-2005, 07:22 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/AtHRunOwNZaLL/capture1.jpg

the original wing gundam?

Mite Gai
Thu, 09-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Maybe, back sure does look like it.

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:00 PM
LOL, I remember seeing that shot and being like "WTF!?! They're crossing Wing with G Gundam!!?!?"

It looks so much like the Wing Gundam... it has to be it, I mean, chances of it being a coincidence?

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I still think all the main character Gundams look identical, so I couldn't tell.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-17-2005, 12:53 AM
lol, they're giant machines with big guns and only the good guys have faces (this was the way in gundam wing, at first only the good robots had a face, the others just had a light to show they were operational)
kinda like seed, how zakus dont have a face.

masamuneehs
Sat, 09-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Dude, I sort of liked that the Leos in Wing didn't have faces but a flat camera monitor. Sure the Zakus are cooler, but the flat camera is probably more realistic for the first standard issue MS.

Zakus definetley have a face, they're just cyclopses (which is damn cool) I love the anticipation that comes with a Zaku's eye rolling over to where the character/ship is hiding or trying to take cover.

Chaos does bring up one of the better aspects of G Gundam though. Almost every character, no matter how stupid or unimportant, had a backstory and a face and you could get interested in a couple of them. That's partly what's so missing in Gundam nowadays. Legend of Galactic Heroes also does the job properly, making you care about the minor players, even if they're only around for a very brief time.

Mite Gai
Tue, 09-20-2005, 04:57 PM
If GSD or SEED had actually even attempted that then both would also have been far better and GSD might actually be average.

Saito Blues
Tue, 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Hell, you gotta love a series that can make something called the "Shining/God Finger" look devestating.

Something that's been on my mind....how the final "Love, Love Tenkyouken" totally destroyed the Devil Gundam. My theory is that since G gundam taught us that the fist is the extension of the soul, when Domon and Rain attacked, the Devil Gundam actually "Felt" their souls and realized that humanity wasn't a lost cause after all....

That or the fact that it was destroyed without a life unit...heh...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that IS Wing Gundam at the end. That's pretty much the general consensus....

GundamFighter012
Sat, 09-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey, I have a question again.

I'm downloading the episodes using a program called BitLord and so far I only have one of them done. The prolblem is that the audio wont play. I tried playing it on BS player, but still, it didn't work. What should I do? And thanks a bunch.

Astronopolis
Mon, 09-26-2005, 06:09 PM

using VLC

edit: here you go

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/einobaka/gundamss.jpg

that one below and a little to the right of Z Gundam looks just like Zanbot 3

Naruto_RNG
Sat, 10-08-2005, 12:57 AM
is this the gundam series that everybody dies in the end? excluding the main character that losses his memory.

Curium
Sat, 10-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
is this the gundam series that everybody dies in the end? excluding the main character that losses his memory.

No.

einobaka
Sat, 10-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG

that would be Zeta Gundam - Kamiiiiiille Bidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Newtyped
Mon, 04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
g gundam has no storyline =/
(compared to other gundams)

Psyke
Tue, 04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
g gundam has no storyline =/
(compared to other gundams)

It had a memorable plot which was complete, and loose ends were tied, unlike some other Gundam series I've seen.

Psyke
Sun, 04-30-2006, 11:43 AM
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/8765/wgf1as.jpg

Promotional pic for the new God Gundam and Nobel Gundam Fix Figuration models.

Meehlimo
Sun, 04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Im not nomaly a fan of G gundam but thats pretty damn cool nice find Psyke.

infidel
Wed, 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I love this series, I think the reason I loved this series so much is that I had never seen another Gundam series so I couldn't compare the two.

This series, in fact, was my first anime I ever watched. I started watching it when they aired the episodes on Toonami. (That's when it was on everyday, and not just Saturday night.)

Psyke
Wed, 07-25-2007, 10:32 AM
For best enjoyment, I'd recommend the original Japanese voices. Domon's voice and the way he screams "Shishoooooooooooooooooooooo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQU-VSNfKw)" is unforgettable. :D

itadakimasu
Wed, 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
i have only seen a few eps of g gundam, from when it was on toonami in the afternoons. this was before i had high speed so i couldn't dl it, and some how i haven't gotten around to dl'ing it. Some of it was not typical of the gundam stuff i like, i vaguley remember the one charactor taking down mechs with his bare hands...

Yukimura
Thu, 07-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Master Asia FTW. One of the best Gundam charachters out there IMO.