PDA

View Full Version : cellphone is disbanding..

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:09 AM
thanks for the subs cellphone.. do you guys know why there disbanding?

Niwa-kun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:13 AM
i got my subs from "SEED-Fansubs"< i didn't downloaded the cellphone ones but these Fansubs are very good! we might w8 abit longer fore 39th episode to be subbed by them....

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:30 AM
yeah i got my old gsd releases on seed funsubs.. i later switch to cellphone cause their faster,
here's the bt link seed-fansubs (http://http://seed.eatshoe.com/)
ht irc information is there too.. anyone know what's the site for haro?

i already downloaded the last release of gsd 39 of cellphone..why cellphone??

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:49 AM
What? Awwww, that's not good. I guess i have to wait for HaroTori now, which rules seed-fansubs btw. I always wonder why people download seed fansubs.

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:05 AM
psj, whats the link to haro?

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:18 AM
There is always a link to Haro in the Ep discussions once Haro is released. Here's their Tracker: http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:54 AM
tnx... i just got their irc channel

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:02 AM
how could you guys know that cellphone is disbanding? so its mean cellphone will not be available for leechers anymore? does it mean we cant download from cellphone anymore?

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:25 AM
yeap, they annouced it in irc, dunno bout the tracker but they won't continue gsd or any projects they had..

Miro69
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:33 AM
well, there goes my 'quick' download. i'm more accustomed to the haro fansubs. cellphone was just a 'next day release' that i usually got. i guess i'll just have to wait one more day to download it...

Mut
Sun, 07-17-2005, 12:53 PM
THEY'RE DISBANDING CUZ YOU FUCKERS DIDN'T DONATE

Nyro
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:29 PM
I always waited for HaroTori, this ep I got the raw, but I'll still wait for HaroTori.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:28 PM
between haro and SEED its upto the person. Right now Haro is starting to sub quicker and quicker. To the point where I worry they want to come out faster than SEED rather than make a decent subs. Theres are good. But I hear technically SEED follows the mechanics and technical aspects alil bit better and through the series it shows. Plus I don't like how Haro treats its viewers like idiots. If people don't know what DRAGOONs are at the point when LEGEND launched they shouldn't be bothering watching the series. Also from the trackers the download numbers when I look are higher for SEED fansubs over haro tori. So they must be doing something right to please so many fans.

Barumonk
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:51 PM
In the actual Gundam SEED series, including Destiny, there was never a lengthy explination of what the DRAGOON system was. If you were to just watch the episodes alone and not dig around on the internet (even though it doesnt take much digging), you would have no clue what the DRAGOON system was, aside from maybe vaguely understanding that it had something to do with the gunbarrels/pods.

Edit: This is also why I don't think Kira's newtype flash will mean as much to the newer Gundam fans, since the newtype ability hasn't really been explained in SEED.

Sano
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh man, SF freedom is major "whup-ass". I thought Destiny was unbeatable, until I saw the SF in super action. Kira wasn't even in his full potential. Oh, by the way, were there 2 freedoms the whole time? The SF stayed on the Eternal while Kira piloted the orignal Freedom on Earth before it got totaled?

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:53 PM
On Cellphone's website they said they were disbanding because of INTERNAL issues.

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by: Sano
Oh man, SF freedom is major "whup-ass". I thought Destiny was unbeatable, until I saw the SF in super action. Kira wasn't even in his full potential. Oh, by the way, were there 2 freedoms the whole time? The SF stayed on the Eternal while Kira piloted the orignal Freedom on Earth before it got totaled?

This is not a discussion about SF so stop it. This is about Cellphone disbanding.

@Guardian: I see nothing wrong in telling the viewers about the DRAGOON system and whatnot. Not all viewers search the internet for every bit and piece of info on the show.

GamingGodP
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Well, it's always a shame when a fansub group disbands. Even if their releases aren't what I'd prefer, they still have my respect for taking time to do them.

And, yeah, they posted on their site that they disbanded because of internal issues.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Too bad, I enjoyed their speedy releases.
All fansubbers deserve respect for their hard and unrewarding, unless you count the gratefulness of the masses, work .

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:25 PM
i enjoyed it too, wonder what kind of internal issue it might be. they say its about thier staffs.. it won't be the same without cellphone fast releases..i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Illrenmazou
Mon, 07-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Though their qualty ain't good, ill miss their speedy releasesi/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Zariel
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:20 AM
yea, it's really sad to see a sub-group disbanding, although I don't know how many crew+man-hours to speed-sub or just normal subbing, they are still people who devote their time for our viewing pleasure.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:26 AM
I don't have anything to say as far as info on why they broke up...

But I would like to thank them for their excellent work in the past (getting out speedy versions for those, like myself, who just cant wait) and hope that they'll maybe meet up again, when GS3 comes out: The Quest to Make More Money!

Psyke
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:29 AM
Yeah I'll miss them for the speedy subs...... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

telemari
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:52 AM
yeah, thanks for all, guys.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
thnx Cellphone. every saturday night at 2AM i logged onto your IRC channel and waited gratefully/impatiently for your release. speedy subs always rock, although i love haro tori!

ill miss cellphone thats for sure. now i will just stick with haro

thnx for everything!

blightian
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
i've never watch anything sub besides cellphone, i wonder does their translation have too much of a difference

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:50 PM
The translation does differ, but i like Seed-Fansubs because of the quality, the only ep i got from Cellphone was ep 38, but i already deleted it. As i posted in the Thread " Which sub group is the best?", i downloaded the saiyaman raw version, l33t raw version, cellphone, haro2tori2 and Seed-fansubs version of ep 38, i compared them and i decided to keep the SEED-Fansubs.

l33t raw is better than saiyaman, but saiyaman is quicker. Seeing that they both lack subs (RAWWWWWWWW) i download saiyaman as a rule, cellphone obviously has lower quality, so ep 38 got deleted. Cellphone is almost as good as Seed-Fansubs, except for some details that puts them in second place. SOOOOO... Viva the SEED-Fansubs!!!!!!!!!

As to why Cellphone is disbanding, i think the "Internal Issues" is lack of money. Donators are a species on extinction.

thejamppa
Sun, 07-24-2005, 01:30 PM
I got SEED fansubs from ep 1 to 39... but I usually loaded Cellphone because it was faster and watched it and then loaded SEED's version when it came for burning i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

zetagun21
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:50 PM
i was wondering what is the irc channel/address for
harotori?