PDA

View Full Version : episode 39 discussion

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:10 AM
phase 39 by saiya man (http://bt.saiyaman.info/)

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Cool, thanks for the heads up *downloading*

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Tonite in a very cold 8 degrees celcius of melbourne a 15 years old boy was found screaming and yelling, this is what does he say:
FuCk FuCk FuCk Episode 39 raw is the best fckin episode in The whole GS and GSD so far!!!!1
I cant wait for the subbed version, seriously that is the best episode:
1. strike freedom is not a "stolen" gundam
2. Kira is so romantic with lacus, he goes all the way from earth to the space, got strike rogue's legs and arms destroyed and get strike freedom, and safe lacus
3. strike freedom (Zero Gravity Manuver Fighter X-20 ) jesus christ he rocks with 2 rail canon, 2 laser gun, and 8 dragoons, overall 12 lasers for HiMat system,
even though kira has got strike freedom he still stays with his " no killing motto" OMG
Clyne Faction Rock!!!!!!!!!!!
its mean that IJ is also not "Stolen" stuff
im wondering how could Lacus make SF, that is why i cant wait for the subbed version of this episode because its just so good, and i'm wonderin what does the meaning of lacus and kira's conversation
sorry before if what i said above are spoiling you guys, but this is the episode 39 discussion so......

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: Millenium-Boyz
Tonite in a very cold 8 degrees celcius of melbourne a 15 years old boy was found screaming and yelling, this is what does he say:
FuCk FuCk FuCk Episode 39 raw is the best fckin episode in The whole GS and GSD so far!!!!1
I cant wait for the subbed version, seriously that is the best episode:
1. strike freedom is not a "stolen" gundam
2. Kira is so romantic with lacus, he goes all the way from earth to the space, got strike rogue's legs and arms destroyed and get strike freedom, and safe lacus
3. strike freedom (Zero Gravity Manuver Fighter X-20 ) jesus christ he rocks with 2 rail canon, 2 laser gun, and 8 dragoons, overall 12 lasers for HiMat system,
even though kira has got strike freedom he still stays with his " no killing motto" OMG
Clyne Faction Rock!!!!!!!!!!!
its mean that IJ is also not "Stolen" stuff
im wondering how could Lacus make SF, that is why i cant wait for the subbed version of this episode because its just so good, and i'm wonderin what does the meaning of lacus and kira's conversation
sorry before if what i said above are spoiling you guys, but this is the episode 39 discussion so......

Gah, And I have6 hours of work until I can watch it. More info!

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:10 AM
LoLZ heheh its allrite for you MeroTZ coz the Subbed version will make you scream and cry, just be patient for another 12 hours for the cellphone subbed version, Strike freedom is a weapon of mass destruction, and another thing i just realized ! i dont know what does arthrun and neo said to kira in the movie, but aftrer kira left for Lacus Arthrun and neo are having a conversation, and suddenly a flash back appeared, the flashback when Strike(pilloted by mwu get destroyed when protecting AA)

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:16 AM
LoLZ heheh its allrite for you MeroTZ coz the Subbed version will make you scream and cry, just be patient for another 12 hours for the cellphone subbed version, Strike freedom is a weapon of mass destruction, and another thing i just realized ! i dont know what does arthrun and neo said to kira in the movie, but aftrer kira left for Lacus Arthrun and neo are having a conversation, and suddenly a flash back appeared, the flashback when Strike(pilloted by mwu get destroyed when protecting AA)

Patience? Wait for the sub? Are you crazy!

I'm fully aware of the destructive potential of Strike Freedom, but I must see it in action, and know all I can about it. The fact that its not a ZAFT machine has me all crazed and whatnot.

benjaminz
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:26 AM
omfg when kira used the dragoons and did the newtype flash thingy....i/expressions/heart.gif i/expressions/heart.gifi/expressions/heart.gifi/expressions/heart.gifi/expressions/heart.gifi/expressions/heart.gif

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Does Kira use his rifles doubled up? If so, are they just Buster cannon/Plasma weapon clones, or are they something better?

Also, his chest cannon.

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:44 AM
in this episode SF doesnt combine both of its laser rifle, but when he use the himat he use his chest canon, and one rifle left hand and one rifle right hand

Millenium-Boyz
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:51 AM
one other thing that make me concern is when kira "boot up" the OS of SF, it still shows ZAFT logo and then the GUNDAM thing, if SF wasn made by zaft then why does it still have the ZAFT OS interface, i cant wait for the sub! i wanna know what sort of info LAcus told Kira bout the SF,

k_truong
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:08 AM
is it me or is kira losing his skills
not even 10sec into his first flight with sf he almost got his arms and legs torn up...

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:16 AM
The best friggen part has got to be seeing strike in its original colors but with rouge's shield. Not only that but we get to see the new suit andy gets. Here are some caps. Also I gotta say I friggen loved kira's newtype flash. That was awesome.

Screencaps. *drools* (http://www.afterimpact.net/files/gsd_39.jpg)
Strike does get its old colors (http://www.afterimpact.net/files/gsd_strike.jpg)
Andy's new suit (http://www.afterimpact.net/files/gsd_andygaia.jpg)

SorC
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Kira losing his skills? I don't think so. Considering he took out the two Goufs that grappled him and then proceeded to take out another dozen MS and three Nazca class cruisers WITHOUT going seed. Kira simply owned. I now cant wait for the sub to find out what was said. GOD DAMNIT!! I wish my japanese was better. Ok time to watch the raw again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

danholo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:28 AM
OMFG! I just watched the raw and my jaw dropped when I saw Kira with his new Freedom. I was expecting him to use the Dragoons when he got caught in the whips and my heart was racing in anticipation! Freaking awesome!

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Those screencaps make me wanna cry... I wish I could watch this right now.

Thanks a bunch.

So... andy's new suit. Thats not Gaia, is it? Hmmm... any more info on it?

Souryusen
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Good ep.. I wonder if they were reconfiguring Strike Rouge for Kira or if the color of PS armor can be reconfigured via the OS software. To be honest, I was more excited to see Kira piloting Strike again though Strike Freedom is even more of a WMD than the original Freedom.

SF got a good introduction, nice new song playing in the bg to underscore Kira's heroics. You'd think they'd have done something similar for Destiny.. you know.. the Gundam the show was fucking NAMED for, but I guess it was hard to find a badass song to go along with the two most powerful MS in the world (at that point) shooting down a grunt MS (unless T.M. Revolution has a good song about overkill).

Madell
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:16 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and people said destiny had col wings...freedoms wings are much more cooler, it hasn't got a gay colour like destiny's !!

dspR
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:21 AM
For those who wanted the high quality version of opening 4, Heroine, here you go:
http://rapidshare.de/files/3104409/HEROINE.wmv.html

I'm sorry that I couldn't fulfill everyone's expectations.
I only fixed timing on clips to synchronize better with the song, took out that long Strike Freedom clip in the beginning, and used the raw version.
Since WoW clips flowed together with my edit of Heroine, I thought it was fine.
However, I might change my mind about adding more.

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:21 AM
This episode takes it. The emotion. The action. And the return of Freedom. The battle between Freedom and Impulse was crazy. But this episode just brought so much excitement. We see old school Strike with that crazy new booster. We get to see Andy's recolored Gaia. The romance between Kira and Lacus. Not to mention the helping from Mwu/Neo when Athrun was getting anxious. Finally Kira makes his daring entrance and is given his new sword. The music was perfect the launch scene had me on the edge of my seat hoping they'd show something and not end it with Strike Freedom's launch. Not disappointed in the slightest. Freedom is incredibly stronger now. Possibly even faster. And near the end Kira finally has his own newtype flash before sending his DRAGOONs to disable the ZAFT ships. It looks like things are returning to Earth. And Akatsuki makes its grand appearance in the next ep. Will Athrun reveal his new sword as well and fight beside Kira? And what is this Destiny plan of the chairmans. How important of a pawn is Shinn really?

And yes Andy is piloting Gaia in that wicked red. Damn I gotta watch that shit again especially the launching of Strike and Strike Freedom. This is probably the most touching ep emotionally. You just really feel for these two that they were able to get back to eachother. I was worried with all the rumors I had heard uptill now.

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by: Madell
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and people said destiny had col wings...freedoms wings are much more cooler, it hasn't got a gay colour like destiny's !!

So is Destiny officially outclassed? Does it even have a CHANCE?

Cion
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:30 AM
That was pretty awesome fight by Kira he wasn't even in Seed mode.
Cool to finally see Dragoon in battle too. Very nice ep, if i only knew what they
are saying ^^

Gundam_Strike
Sat, 07-16-2005, 12:22 PM

Well, I might be wrong because every single word I have learnt of japanese comes from anime and no studying... But.

Neo sent the message to Kira on Atruns accord... Neo told the ones at the bridge he was mouthing off about it a lot and that he was saying how Kira "had" to save Lacus... I also think he says at the end that Athrun was poitning towards that everything would end if Lacus died.. And as a follow-up I think that Mariu is saying something in style with (to Neo). So you remembered the message code to the bridge... or something like that...

If someone here knows japanese acurately... Please correct me and tell me where I was off..

And I also agree, this was absolutely one of the best episodes ever, I had shills going down my spine seeing the new Freedom and hearing that awesome song...

It really was awesome that song i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

fenix000
Sat, 07-16-2005, 12:44 PM
omfg! is 3am in the morning and i was gona go to sleep ! big mistake coming 2 the site reading about this stuf! i cant sleep! damit !><!

Deamon007
Sat, 07-16-2005, 12:55 PM
this was the best episode ever and Strike Freedom is way better than I could posible dream I going to watch it again *playing the part were Strike Freedom launches over and over til I cant keep my eyes open anymore*

burnout
Sat, 07-16-2005, 01:05 PM
OMFG i justwatched the ep with kira and strike freedom

I WAS CRASY TO START BUT NOW IN FUCKING NUTS

Chris_Xion
Sat, 07-16-2005, 01:36 PM
THIS IS RELI SOME FUCKING SHIT THEY've GOT HERE!I SO LUV THIS EP!
First off,i luv watching Kira programming the Strike MOS like in SEED,and a cameo appearance with Strike(It is a cameo,Strike's limbs got torn up,waaah!)then there's Andrew's Gaia with the same colour as his previous dog-thing MS,AND I juz luv SF's launch!Kira reli is da best pilot in SEED Destiny,he configured SF's MOS in SECONDS compared to Shinn's DAYS of maintenance and tuning on Destiny(no offense to Shinn's fans).And i FREAKIN LUV SF's fight scenes,SF is currently the only Gundam that can escape Gouf electro-whips binding it without lost of limbs/rifles.And he took out that ZAFT force in 2 minutes!!!!Oh,and Super Dragoons roxxx!Kira havent even used his rifles combined yet,but SF's already proving to be better than Destiny: )

Also,that insert song by TM Revolution is music to the ears,literally!Makes me drool over it juz like METEOR.This EP had so many cool scenes and poses it must be so much better than the previous 38 EPs combined!

Wats wif Dullindal's plan?I heard Andrew say somekind of it related with Destiny or something...Screw yuuna and unato they practically invited disaster to Orb by welcoming Djibril!I guess Neo is joining and fighting the good fight now,maybe he'll defect with Girty Lue

I juz cant wait for next EP,Akatsuki's debut,hope it is juz as phenomenal as SF's!

I repeat again:This EP had so many cool scenes and poses it must be so much better than the previous 38 EPs combined!
Makes me forget all about Shinn's whining,Stellar's 'am i gonna die?',and other crap shit...this EP is THAT GOOD!

Wren
Sat, 07-16-2005, 02:20 PM
well i have to wait until my school's connection stops bein bitchy as bit torrent goes pretty slow at me university -_-#. but ah well hehe it sounds like it will be well worth the wait i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Chris_Xion
Sat, 07-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Juz rewatched it for the 5th time(gonna watch it more,promise)i juz luv the reaction on the ZAFT soldiers' faces when they saw SF and Gaia
One was like "That Mobile Suit,its fast!" Another one replied "FREEDOM?"lol.

I also noticed Lacus keep having that sorrowful look,i think she found something terrible bout this "Destiny" plan of Dullindal's,coz even Kira's presence couldnt calm her.

Strike finally gets some long-overdue fights in Destiny,it is still good,but its tech is considered obsolete now when compared to Zakus and Goufs(too bad)

darkshadow
Sat, 07-16-2005, 03:04 PM
compared to Shinn's DAYS of maintenance and tuning on Destiny

wtf? shinn never got in destiny when they went after athrun, so shut up with your bs

and even though kira WASNT seed he got caught be the goufs, WHICH tells me its speeds it crap, really CRAP

very good ep though, nice to c the dragoons in action

Wren
Sat, 07-16-2005, 04:37 PM
just saw and kira bitched all their asses hehehe. and what are you talkin bout shinn never got in destiny when chasin asuran? what the hell else was he using; maybe you should stop flaming and actually watch the damn eps. now back to this, geez kira blazed them in strike, then just abused them in strike freedom lol. yea; it would be amsing to see kira beat the hell outa destiny in it heheh.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-16-2005, 04:42 PM
wren stfu, i was talking about : DAYS of maintenance and tuning on Destiny

since when did he have days of maintenance before chasing athruni/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh come on... of course it was a good episode, hell, everything in Destiny is bloody perfect... but BEST EPISODE EVER?

Kira got his new gundam and had another hugging moment with Lacus (yet he STILL hasn't kissed her) and then gets another default win because he's the main character and has a horribly overpowered gundam (I mean why the fuck does it need the Dragoon system? It'd outclass everything even without it). This might sound ironic considering my fanboyism for Yzak, but all this cock for Kira is just amazing. Then again, I'm the only guy who doesn't see what's so freakin' cool about Strike Freedom because it looks exactly like all the other main character gundams. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Ah well... great stuff. I was really surprised about Andy getting a new suit though, seeing as he barely used the murasame.

rdperalta
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:23 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

This is one HELLUVA EPISODE!!!!!

Did anyone notice that instead of the Rose Pink color of Strike Rouge whenever it turns on its Phase Shift Armor it's Strikes old Blue and White color instead? And also i like the new GAIA that Waltfeld was piloting.. he kicked major @$$ using it.. makes Stellar's skills in piloting her GAIA look like crap lol

And then here comes Strike-Freedom... looks like Destiny's (and Shinns) days are numbered. And Kira just then and there reprogrammed or did minor adjustments to SF before launching... its only him and the original 5 from Zaft in SEED who did those (The Kleuze Squad)

And when will Kira and Lacus kiss!!! Damn.. i thought when they finally met each other after a long period of separation they'd finally share a kiss

wtf? shinn never got in destiny when they went after athrun, so shut up with your bs

you said???

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh I almost forgot: Vestige rules. TM Revolution <3

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:47 PM
O. M. G.

Terra, i dont care WHAT you say, that was the best episode ever.

First, we get to see Eternal going full out (using the Meteors even! At first, I thought they'd be innoperable, what with their incredible power and all... I woulda thought the meteors could handle those ZAKU's but oh well). Then we get to see Andy head out in Gaia II: The Badass Version. As someone else said, he makes Stellar look like a 3 year old in a powerwheel.

And then we get Kira in Strike. Oh the nostalgia! And we also get to see how incredibly out of date it is... even Kira, most badass of pilots, gets shot to pieces by Zaku's. Long live the Zaku!

And then, then....

Strike Freedom. Oh god, its so cool. I'm so glad Kira didn't say Strike Freedom when he launched, I'm hoping that it will still be referred to as Freedom, but Strike Freedom is so freaking badass its not even funny. So badass, I dont see how Infinite Justice will compare. Hopefully it will surprise me.

Note: With weapons as precise as those DRAGOONS, Kira's no killing just got a lot easier. God, ZAFT is soooo screwed. F*ck you, Destiny and Legend!

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Well let's just say that Kira & Lacus and the prior's overpowered gundam madness aren't the primary reasons to why I love this series.

Barumonk
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:51 PM
This episode kind of reminded me why the Chairman is afraid of the Clyne Faction/Three Ships Alliance. They have the fastest ship in existance, Eternal, which was built at the end of the previous war, and was specially built to hold Freedom and Justice, and both METEOR packs. The potentially strongest ship in existance - ArchAngel, it has better armor and even has more weapons than the Minerva, even though it should be outdated by two years. It was even deemed 'invincible' near the end of the first series by Murata Azrael, the leader of Blue Cosmos. Then the Kusanagi - while i dont know if this ship will return, its basically a captial ship version of impulse, destroy one section and they can just replace it. not to mention the ArchAngel is modelled after this ship, its not like its a pushover. Pilot wise, they have the ultimate coordinator with SEED and Newtype abilities, Kira. Athrun, coordinator, ZAFT Red Coat, FAITH member, SEED holder, and is considered by many to be better than Kira in raw piloting ability. Soon to be Mwu/Neo, one of the few Newtypes (.. not really sure if 'few' is the right word at this point) in the series, legendary natural pilot who is reconized by many as the 'Hawk of Endymion" for his superior piloting skills to even most coordinators. Cagalli, a SEED holder who when gets motivated, is really quite persistant. Also happens to be the leader of the 3rd most powerful independent faction on the planet. Andy, coordinator, known as the "Tiger of the Desert" for his piloting skills and great sense of tactics. Then there is Lacus, coordinator, SEED holder, and more than likely the most influencial person in PLANT.

In considering the fact that they have enough resources to repair everything that was damaged at Yakin Due, and still be able to develop Strike Freedom, its sister unit (which I won't say, even if its obvious), and the new trio.. If they were really into taking over something, they could mobilize a good amount of PLANT and Orb to do whatever they wanted, in tandum with their own abilities. Their very existance is the most powerful threat to the Chairman's plans next to the Logos. This post really had no point in it, i'm just kind of thinking outloud and recaping everything.

zn|¹
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Neo sent the message to Kira on Atruns accord... Neo told the ones at the bridge he was mouthing off about it a lot and that he was saying how Kira "had" to save Lacus... I also think he says at the end that Athrun was poitning towards that everything would end if Lacus died.. And as a follow-up I think that Mariu is saying something in style with (to Neo). So you remembered the message code to the bridge... or something like that....

You were pretty much perfectly on target with that.

Boy, I'm bored, time to write a jist of what happened in the GREATEST episode of SEED Destiny ever.

Anyway, in the first few scenes Andrew is telling Lacus that Heaven's Base was taken out a lot quicker than expected. Also, we was iquiring why Lacus expected ORB to be next; afterall Dullandal is attempting to destroy LOGO's, not ORB. So Lacus replies that it is because ORB is a powerful country, that is, their military, as well as their ideals. To Dullandal, it is but a blockade of sort, a nuisance if you will, in the way of what he is trying to accomplish. Lacus then goes on to explain what she beleives that Dullandal's "Ultimate Plan", is to create a new power, that of both PLANT and the Earth combined. Furthermore, she beleives that this war, the riot, and everything else, have been planned to create a basis for his scheme.

Then we go into the song (why does everyone hate is so?! Hell, it's not THAT bad... I like Chemistry =D)

We see the workers cleaning up the debree, blah blah, everything is now under control etc etc. irrelevant.

Shin, Rey, and Luna are discussing Djibril's dissapearance. Rey explains that Djibril betrayed and ditched the other LOGO's members and stealthly left the battlefield before the base was taken. During this time Dullandal is explaining that nothing is over unless they catch Djibril; "hopefully, he hasn't run somewhere troublesome like Panama or Victoria," (nope, he ran to ORB!!! =]). Shin, once again pissed off, says he will personally crush Djirbril the next time he'e on the battlefield.

Murre is explaining to Kira that the damage is extensive so it seems like it's going to take quite a while before the repairs are complete; but everyone is working hard. Kira feels down, he says that he is scared, explaining that even THAT Asuran was injured to such an extent. He says that there are just so many things he doesn't understand; that is, he doesn't have any power at all. He despairs at the fact that he currently can't protect anything. Murre reassures Kira that since Lacus is soon coming back that everything will work out.

*The TV is just talking about the destruction of Heaven's base and the ZAFT/EARTH ALLIANCE working out treaties about National securities."

Cagalli comes in, asks Asuran if he's ok, he replies, that he regrettably is; (he feels it would of been better if he died). Meyrin has a light fever, but she's fine. Asuran is telling Cagalli in a solemn sort of way that Meyrin saved him, even though they've barely even spoken. He continues on to say that he gave into her help and got her involved into the whole situation (the whole atmosphere is of regret). Cagalli goes on to say that it is probably because she likes Asuran. Cagalli asks Asuran to forgive her, but Asuran says that it is he who should apologize. (he mumbles about how he realized this when Kira was lecturing him [I'm guessing this is when Savior got kaboomz0rized]) Cagalli says that she was going to get married, without even telling Asuran. Asuran goes on to say that it is because Cagalli probably wanted to protect ORB. Asuran goes on to say that he probably paniced. He hated that he was powerless, and couldn't do anything. He goes on to say that Cagalli had the responsibility of running a nation; trying her best everyday. He says he couldn't do anything, he couldn't even prevent the Junius 7 incident. He wanted to do something, actually, he wanted to prevent a war from happening. Cagalli replies that she knew that already, but it's difficult. She says that even though everyone says that and tried to accomplish that very ideal, it is still left unaccomplished. Perhaps, she says, that Dullandal is correct on his view, and that LOGO's truly is the epicenter of all the battles and wars. Asuran simply answers, no, No way.

Guy comes in, says that the colony had no air at all, or anything of that sort, but strangely, the DNA modification files had all been completely cleared out. He says that there was but these books, then turning to a certain page, he says that it is probably some useless companions writing but... --- it says
" I beleive Duallandal's DESTINY PLAN to be benefitial matter, however I will not forget that it is not the people who live for the planets, but it is a place that people live, and that is what a planet is.
(Someone who can write something as weird as this HAS to be Kruuze =D ).
Lacus "This is....?"
Andrew "Destiny Plan?"

And so they have been caught because the guy who scavenged the books was followed. Andrew tries to chase after the MS, but Lacus stops him, saying that it is too late. If it came equipped with weapons, then most likely battleships aren't too far behind. Lacus says that she was careless, but of course, the guy with the book says it wasn't her fault, and Andrew interrupts agreeing, saying that it was his (guy with books) fault. Andrew asks what they were going to do then, afterall the MS's in the factory weren't ready to be launched yet. Lacus says that they should immediately launch ETERNAL, even if it is to gain just a miniscule edge. Andrew explains that the ship doesn't have enough artillery to attain victory. But it was not Lacus plan to win, just protect the factory, and provide it with as much time as possible. If the ETERNAL is launched they will chase after it, providing the factory with a vital amounts of time to complete their efforts. She continues on to say that worse comes to worst, she will go to the Engineering Bay and launch the two machines (IJ and SF) and their data to Archangel.

Commercial Break

Factory goes into silent mode due to the launch of ETERNAL. Blah blah it launches. Murre announces that she received a message that the ETERNAL was launched becasuse they were caught by ZAFT. They ZAFT forces are suprised by the appearance of the lost ship ETERNAL, wondering what kind of renegade group would have access to such power. Then the captain says "I'm not going to let you terroists get away." (Terroists? Damn, the Clyne faction leveled up to Terroists now).

Murre explains that she doesn't know what size or power of a force that the ETERNAL is being chased by, but if penetration is impossible that they will at least launch pods. Of course we see Kira troubled, "If penetration is impossible... Lacus" (you can see in his eyes that he is like OMFG hell no.)

Mwu logs into the communications system saying that the guy next to him won't stop fidgiting. Asuran says that Kira must protect Lacus. Mwu continues on to say that "if she is killed that everything is over, or so it seems." Kira tells Cagalli to let him borrow Rouge and a booster. Muure tells Mwu (Neo whatever), "so you still remember the communications code, eh?" Then she tells everyone on bridge to go support Kira. Asuran says thanks to Major Furagura. He replies asking why is it that even YOU call me that? I am NEO Roanooku C-A-P-T-A-I-N. And we spiral into kaboom flashback. We can obviously see that Asuran is suprised.

They are fighting, Andrew tells them not to let the mobile suits grapple them and to use the maneuverability of ETERNAL.

Kira asks that all the specifications of Strike, be the same as normal (other than the booster).

Andrew says that he will go out, telling him (pilot), to just not get the engine shot and try to gain as much distance as possible.

Whoooooo go GAIA and STRIKE =DDDDD.

Once again the ZAFT units are suprised that they have something like GAIA on board, inquring again, what kind of organization are they?

"About how far is it to the Pod launch point"
" 20, no about 25".
"Please try your best until we reach that point".

The battle continues, and now Kira appears!!! go go old school style.
Anyway, Kira says he was worried so he came.

Isn't it cool how Andrew caught a beam rifle that got shot out of Strikes hand? good stuff...

Andrew tells Kira to hurry up and go inside the ETERNAL to go get his new machine.

Strike gets on board through an emergency docking system.

We witness a heartfelt reunion between Lacus and Kira.
Since it seems to be all the rave, let's do a line by line translation, just for these next few lines.

"I'm so glad."
"Kira!"
"You being right here, that's what makes me really happy."
"Me too, Kira"
(Just a little note to SUNRISE, how can you not have a better kissing moment than this, I mean come on right then right there PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT, but nope.)
"Where's 'that'?"
"Over here."
"Lacus!.. we have to hurry."
"Thank you, with this I can fight properly again... my fight."
"Kira..."
"Wait, I'll be right back. Then we can go back to everyone."
"CPC system complete, engine gauge 4 degrees, stable, power gauge, stable , all systems green, Strike Freedom system starting up."
"X20A Strike Freedom, clear to launch".
"Kira Yamato, Freedom, launching!"
*Cues in TM Revolution ... let the ownage begin*
"What's that machine?"
"Is it a new model? It's fast!"
"Freedom!?"
(ahem, Kira only got caught by the Goufs cus he wanted to show off his new kick ass Dragoon system of course =], you all new that right?)
"Wha!?"
"This is!.."
"Wha, in only 2 minutes, 25 Zakus and Goufs are eliminated?"
"Enemy Mobile suit, engaging!"
"Tell all ships! Shoot it down!"
"Thrusters destroyed, navigation impossible!"
"Horison, Canebon, are also down!"
"What, no way!"
"ETERNAL, I'm going to dock."

Nice to see some blue colored wings, instead of pink, now isn't it?

wren stfu, i was talking about : DAYS of maintenance and tuning on Destiny

Uhm, Shin did not have DAYS of maintenance on Destiny, but he did have several several hours. Meer was telling Asuran that Shin was already at his machine fine tuning it and that he should go too. It was one of the reasons why Asuran was starting to become questioned as a traitor (although there were many other factors as well.)

Wow, I was bored indeed....

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Strike freedom is pretty badass. But the point that it got caught by goufs does shows its relatively slow(note slow compared to destiny) speed. the only thing kira took out was a ton of little goufs/zakus which doesnt really show much. I bet destiny or legend could do the same thing. also the movement isnt really a wavy motion like destiny's. note that destiny's movments are like shaddowed and kind of mesmeric(is that a word?). Never the less, that thing is badass and owns small armies. The problem is, the 1v1 abilities of the suit dont look so great. I mean guns in 1v1 are almost useless considering the ending battle always ends in a beamsword fight. no two super piolts ever get shot to death. His little railguns dont do much in 1v1considering i havent seen them do well in 1v1(mostly against armies) either I'm sure shin could dodge it easily as well as the dragoons(just remember freedom against providence). Ifinite justice has alota close range capacity but isnt good against large armies. so i suppose when ij launches he will take out a few mobile suites or i hope REY with some style i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. Btw what is that songs name again by TM revolution?

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Vestige.

Curium
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by: drunkenmaster
Strike freedom is pretty badass. But the point that it got caught by goufs does shows its relatively slow(note slow compared to destiny) speed. the

SF will get faster. Kira did some quick work, but I get the impression that SF wasn't really completed yet. Of course I couldn't understand a word they said so I could be way off base here.

note that destiny's movments are like shaddowed and kind

That is caused by a variation of the Blitz Gundam's Mirage Coloid system. It isn't because of it's speed, it just makes it look faster then it really is that way. Psychological warfare.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Well let's just say that Kira & Lacus and the prior's overpowered gundam madness aren't the primary reasons to why I love this series.

Well, since they don't have numbers, overpowered is their only real chance to win. They are out-numbered what, 10,000-to-1 or something like that.

in this episode SF doesnt combine both of its laser rifle, but when he use the himat he use his chest canon, and one rifle left hand and one rifle right hand

I just checked, Kira doesn't use the Chest cannon there, so he doesn't use it at all this ep.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Will Athrun reveal his new sword as well and fight beside Kira?

Considering the fact that he couldn't even completely sit up in this ep I would assume we won't see him in IJ until episode 41 or 42.

Originally posted by: k_truong
is it me or is kira losing his skills
not even 10sec into his first flight with sf he almost got his arms and legs torn up...

As I said earlier I don't believe SF was really complete yet. Besides, there is no way those GOUF's could have torn SF appart. Remember SF like all SEED Gundams has Phase Shift Armor which protects against all (conventional) non-beam weapons.

Now a few non-reply comments....

It was hilarious how after Kira owned those Nazca class ships how that one ZAFT Captain slouched down in his chair both in embarrassment and thinking how lucky he is to be alive.

I really think the music when Lacus was showing SF to Kira for the first time was quite apporpriate.

Seeing the METEOR's used as integrated weapons for the Eternal was cool.

Most of you probably thought of this on your own, but I get the impression that Waltfeld's Gaia is a new Gundam, not Stellar's repaired.

Oh, and from the point that Kira first launched the DRAGOON units I was laughing out loud very hard the rest of the episode. I just couldn't help it.

After Strike Rouge's arms were destroyed, Waltfeld catching it's Beam Rifle to keep fighting was nice team work.

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:31 PM
2 words. Fucking Touching.

I loved the KiraxLacus scenes. How upset Kira was before launching, how mad he was at the end when blasting those ships and his calm when he finally met Lacus. The only thing that bothers me is that they haven't kissed yet. Kira, learn from Athrun, he has kissed Cagalli more than he has said anything useful in Destiny ffs.

The new featured mobile suits. A normal colored Strike Rouge, why is it normal colored now? The shield was still pink. Gaia, Andy style. Aweomse color scheme in my opinion, fits Andy. Strike fucking Freedom, Why do i love this suits movement? I can't put my finger on why i dig this suit but it is cool.

To whoever asked if IJ will be able to measure up to SF. I can confidently say YES! Of course it will Justice is cooler than Freedom, check my sig out.

I found it funny how Neo remembered the code or whatever to contact the bridge from there, to my understanding Murrue was a bit suprised to. Also cool when Neo corrected Athrun on rank and name.

EDIT:

@ Curium. I rewatched the sequence where SF fires all weapons twice and he does indeed use the chest cannon, there is a red and blue beam. Only weapon that causes that is its chest cannon.

Juced
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Oke I have been reading this forum for a long time and this episode really made me wanna post something. Bit of a dissapointment for a first post, but hey it will get better soonish!

But this episode so tottally rocked! And the way the see-saw kicked in awhole Kira was looking at his humiliated opponents sheer brilliance!

Find it a bit dissapointing that Dearka didn't appear in this episode, the preview showed in phase 38 kinda gave that impression. On the otherhand now he didn't get humiliated. However Yzak could have used it, so it will fuel some "historical" fires i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

darkshadow
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:33 PM
*sigh* goo 500th post!!!

Uhm, Shin did not have DAYS of maintenance on Destiny, but he did have several several hours. Meer was telling Asuran that Shin was already at his machine fine tuning it and that he should go too. It was one of the reasons why Asuran was starting to become questioned as a traitor (although there were many other factors as well

in my translation mia said he was only there checking it out, i mean if some1 gave you a new badass car for nothing, wouldnt you like stay and check it out a bit? i dont think shinn was really fine tuning it and stuff, seeing how it was already build for shinn, i think he was just being happy and exited ( man i sure would be ), and also seeing how he did not use his wings at the start, it seems he was still figuring it out

Nice to see some blue colored wings, instead of pink, now isn't it?

aack >_< its VIOLET DAMMIT, VIOLET!!!!!!, still i dont feel ne thing for SF, it could blow up in the next ep without me caring, the only thing i kinda like about freedom ( and sf ofcourse) was his 5 way attack animation i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif lol that just owned, but i dont care to much about range fighters, i care more for the fast close combateers ( IJ is prolly gonna make me smile as much as destiny)

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Curium nice post, answered many of my questions. however, the kira losing skill thing might be true. the fact that he cant get his arms torn off (cuz of the PS armor) isnt his skill, its just his hardware. so maybe he is getting alittle rusty after losing freedom. of course he was fighting like 400 dudes and he wasnt in berzerker, so that could answer it also.
LOL me too! i dont care about range(read my above post) melee is where its at when the fight between two skill piolts always ends with a beamsword fight! if with its 4 beamswords out is gonna chase sum ppl away!

SilverSurfie
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:37 PM
*cry the subbed version needs to come out already...

Curium
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
in my translation mia said he was only there checking it out, i mean if some1 gave you a new badass car for nothing, wouldnt you like stay and check it out a bit? i dont think shinn was really fine tuning it and stuff, seeing how it was already build for shinn, i think he was just being happy and exited ( man i sure would be ), and also seeing how he did not use his wings at the start, it seems he was still figuring it out

I got the impression that he was fine-tuning it to his preferances. No matter how much it was built specifically for him, there will be some personal preferances on how he wants it to work that only he knows.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Since some grunt soldier recognized SF as Freedom, I would assume Shinn will as well. I <u>can't wait</u> to see his reaction. That should be fun.

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:40 PM
ij needs to launch quickly.... so we can see sum crazy sword action. and athurn better go berzerker ONCE. i mean he hasnt once in the whole gsd. i hope when he goes berzeker its gonan really kick ass. and shin is gonna be like wtf while kira drinks his lemonade and is like yeap thats how he was when i used to fight with him.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:44 PM
also, the gouf is supposed to be mass produced right? but in what way? limited?? cause in this ep the gouf pilots seem te be red coats, and seeing how they are elite, i dont think alot of goufs would be needed

ne way 1 more thing, about the previous ep, i still cant figure out y the animators were so lazy to give lunamaria a different core splendor launch ( or maybe it launches on its own i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif)

zn|¹
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:56 PM
well, Mia said Shin was at the place where they were holding the new models, I just assumed that he wouldn't be standing there doing nothing but looking at it for hours on end... or maybe I'm wrong... it's Shin afterall, and he's easily amused.

Juced
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Well Kira losing skill!?! No way they way he shot those zaku's just after he flew by Bartfeld, that's skill! Whacking an ZAFT battlefleet comprised of 3 nasca class ships with probably full complement of MS, which are probably all out aswell without ever going into SEED mode, that's skill! The newtype flash = uberskill!

And why violet!?! That's really pink, but if you give the word pink so many meanings, read my sig!

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:13 PM
wow good episode, can't wait for the sub version

btw, nice icon and sig PSJ =P

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:13 PM
they look more purplish red to me lol. but w/e it looks friggin sweet.

mage
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:20 PM
what's wrong with you people? this episode wasn't great at all. so what if we get to see strike freedom? kira did the same thing he's done in every episode we see him fight - chop off a bunch of arms. who cares?

Curium
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Could someone please explain this too me, it makes no sense.

Early in the series Orb signed that treaty with the EAF so that they wouldn't invade Orb. Now it seems that they are protecting Djibril and giving ZAFT an excuse to invade them. They can't honostly believe their defenses are any better then the ones at Heaven's Base can they?

Juced
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Well for example it shows a more indepth the relation between Kira and Lacus. it's also a preview into the abilities of Strrike Freedom, so the future promises to be very sweet.

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by: mage
what's wrong with you people? this episode wasn't great at all. so what if we get to see strike freedom? kira did the same thing he's done in every episode we see him fight - chop off a bunch of arms. who cares?

lol yeap i guess some people like the same thing. i presonally think sf is bulky, slow, and crappy in 1v1. ij on the otherhand is sleak and armed with very precise weapons. imo sf is too like rigged with many weapons and its just like not as cool as destiny with its few but awsome weapons. the more weapons it has, the less gundamish it becomes, its more like a mini fortress. u could mount all those guns on a sky grasper give it phase shift armor and itd be just as good. beam sword combat and boomerangs are the advantages of gundams have over little jet planes which sf has none of. all of sf weapons can be mounted on a jet plane basically.(well it doesnt excell in bs combat, it just has 2 generic bs)

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Destiny got caught by a GOUF too. Remember, Athrun took out its gun with one.

I woudln't call SF slow jsut yet.

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:39 PM
yes but shin wasnt trying then just yet (not that pissed yet) AND it was athurn in the cockpit. and getting ur gun grabbed isnt as bad as gettting ur leg and ur arm grabbed lol

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
wow good episode, can't wait for the sub version

btw, nice icon and sig PSJ =P

Thanks mate, your sig is to big tho. Maximum regulations is 400x80.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by: Juced
Well Kira losing skill!?! No way they way he shot those zaku's just after he flew by Bartfeld, that's skill! Whacking an ZAFT battlefleet comprised of 3 nasca class ships with probably full complement of MS, which are probably all out aswell without ever going into SEED mode, that's skill! The newtype flash = uberskill!

And why violet!?! That's really pink, but if you give the word pink so many meanings, read my sig!

lol im dutch too you know, so i KNOW, and violet is a light purple, like mace windu's lightsaber, its the same color on the mid/edges of destiny's wings ( maybe a tad lighter, but it aint pink)

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:29 PM

HELL YEAH! I'M NOT ALONE!

Dannynonsense
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:35 PM
you two are missing the point everyone just wanted to know if sf can compare to destiny after this episode what do you think. in the end everyones title to their own opinion

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:39 PM
The central point in this ep was the relationship between Lacus and Kira to me. Which they captured beautifully.

drunkenmaster
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by: Dannynonsense
you two are missing the point everyone just wanted to know if sf can compare to destiny after this episode what do you think. in the end everyones title to their own opinion

yes and if u read my points i dont think sf can compare to destiny in a 1v1 IMO.

intense
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I dont know if this was asked before... so kira has both SEED mode and Newtype mode now????....
that would be pretty awesome if he can activate both at the same time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Cion
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Does it really matter what we think? Who will be the best pilot/gundam. Who is better at long range/short range. Slow or fast. It all comes down to what Fukuda and co want to happen, if they so wanted to all 4 "super" gundams could be destroyed by someone really weak. It is their choice after all. Since Kira and Ahtrun lost once to Shinn, it would be strange if they lost again soon and since its not that very episodes left i doubt they will lose at all. If so at the end, but since i think Shinn will be a good/semigood guy then by who?

Sry for the rant but i think most people decide to quickly who is the best and why just they have to win. Why not just enyoy the show?

He he in fact it would be quite fun to se Kira shinn and rest all get beaten up by someone compleatly
unknown guy. And just to make Terra happy, Yzak comes to save the day.

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Well its speculation and discussion. That is what builds forums.

oyabun
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:33 PM
wow i watched the raw and all i can say is freedom is sooo coooollllll!!! with the dragoon and everything.. i hope he uses his cannon on his belly..

mage
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: Cion

Sry for the rant but i think most people decide to quickly who is the best and why just they have to win. Why not just enyoy the show?

discussing it is much more enjoyable than just watching it and waiting until next week.

Cion
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Well i agree that seeing all theories is fun, but all the bashing for "bad" theroies make it less fun.

oyabun
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:01 PM
i also like the fact thast gaia is piloted by andy, it brings back gs memories..

DDBen
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I for one don't think that there is any intention of Strike Freedom comparing to Destiny as they are completely differn't kinds of mobile suits. If anything I think Legend and SF are ment to match upto each other. On the flip side I see IJ as being the MS to match upto Destiny. Overall this is just how things seem to be working out in this episode.

That aside I'm sorry to anyone who disagree's but Strike Freedom is much much more fun to watch then Destiny has been. condidering the fact that this battle seemed more real where either side could have won before Strike Freedom was introduced and based on the musical placement I found myself much more interesting the the Minerva arbitrarily playing kick the can with a few destroys.

Nyro
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Okay, I broke and watched the raw. I had the scariest smile on my face from the commercial break on. The entire episode just felt like it was right.

SF exceeds all of my expectations. I dare say it is on par with Destiny's Speed, if not faster. To those whom are commenting on the fact he got caught by a goufs you do realize that prior to being caught he was defending Eternal and shooting down 4 goufs, so even Kira can't be completely invincible against numbers (minus meteor. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). The fact that with SF he took down a crapload of ZAFT's elite pilots.

And to defend Kira having Strike so heavily damaged, he was only trying to defend Eternal. He could have likely used Strike and managed to take down the entirity of the enemy forces using SEED, but the simple fact is that he doesn't want to kill anyone he just wants to defend Eternal.

I feel the love for T.M and I also feel the love for the generic music composer in this episode. When Lacus hands over Strike-Freedom to Kira that music is perfect. I mean, gah I am just sitting here freaking out right now. Easily my favorite episode of Destiny to date.

*edit*
Man Kira is fast from watching it a second time. He re-programs the inefficient but usable Natural OS to his custom OS (Probably more advanced then the generic Co-ordinators) in like no time flat. Then updates Strike-Freedom to be usable by him in SECONDS. Even though Eternal might have Data from the first Freedom on Kira, the fine tuning took him SECONDS. Gah, I think I just jizzed in my pants!

PS: Much &lt;3 for the little drum-roll leading into 'You Resemble Me' adds just another amount of kick-assery to the new ED.

mage
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: Nyro
*edit*
Man Kira is fast from watching it a second time. He re-programs the inefficient but usable Natural OS to his custom OS (Probably more advanced then the generic Co-ordinators) in like no time flat. Then updates Strike-Freedom to be usable by him in SECONDS. Even though Eternal might have Data from the first Freedom on Kira, the fine tuning took him SECONDS. Gah, I think I just jizzed in my pants!

didn't we see him do that in the first episode of Seed? who cares.

chitgoks
Sun, 07-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by: drunkenmaster
yes but shin wasnt trying then just yet (not that pissed yet) AND it was athurn in the cockpit. and getting ur gun grabbed isnt as bad as gettting ur leg and ur arm grabbed lol

and you're saying kira was? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif nothing to debate here anyway. it's what fukuda wanted to portray for sf to use its dragoon. nothing we can do if he envisioned the scenes this way. if he wanted sf to use his dragoons and not getting caught by those whips he can do so since he has the power i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nyro
Sun, 07-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Keep being a negative nilly.

Anyhow, something interesting regarding the OS's of Destiny versus Strike-Freedom
Gunnery
United
Nuclear-
Duetrion
Advanced
Maneuver.... System

For Destiny... for Strike-Freedom...
Generated
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module ... Complex*

*Note: Legend uses the same OS as Strike-Freedom... minus the Complex part. I wonder if Infinite Justice will be in the same OS line as Destiny?

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by: Nyro
I wonder if Infinite Justice will be in the same OS line as Destiny?

I don't think so, none of the ships alligned with them have the Duetrion system installed. In fact I believe Minerva is the only one that does. Assuming that the Eternal is where IJ was built they wouldn't have included a feature like that.

redemption2
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Yahoo, my turn to go crazy with comments.

Okay, seeing that bastard of a colony again made my stomach twitch. After finding out the origins of Cruset and Kira, I was completely disgusted, and now they visited it again. At least it was only DaCosta-kun that was there, and not any of the others. I'm sure Lacus would have vomited if she went there.

I noticed that Lacus already has her "new" outfit on underneath that coat of hers (note the hands).

I'd like to get a good look at Dullindal's profile. Something is up in there. And notice that the Break the World's terrorists' records have been deleted?

I noticed that the mass produces Asshu suits are gray and green. Does that mean the assassin squad's were custom made?

I just KNOW that Ray is too happy about Djibril not being found. The tone of his voice is completely undisturbed, and almost Iruka-like when he stars in Naruto. Also Shinn likes to waste coffee doesn't he? I think that's why he goes into SEED in the first place. Too much coffee.

When I first saw Djibril's plane landing in ORB, my thoughts were "Oh shit! The one place we DON'T want to see him go."

I feel sorry for the poor Archangel, it's completely damaged. Murrue-san always trys to cheer Kira up, even though half the time she winds up failing. And finally, Cagalli finally talked with Athrun about the marriage thing. Bout damn time! And it's fitting that Milly is looking after Mirei, considering they're basically the same.

The Destiny Plan. Something creeps down my spine whenever I hear that phrase. I think that Dullindal put something in Destiny. Something is very very wrong with this.

"Eternal hashin shimasu!" I love it! Especially the CGI on that craft, but classifying them as terrorists now? For the first time, we see a Gunner Zaku Warrior throw one of those explosive cannisters. They've had that in the GSD GBA game for a while, but I never saw luna toss a single one!

Looking at the Gundam MOS in Strike Rouge just before Kira reprogrammed it, I noticed that on the right hand side of the bootup, there were two items that said "Sexcam" just what was Cagalli doing in Rouge when no one was looking? Those boosters they stuck on Strike Rouge, isn't that the same booster they used to send Archangel back into space in GS? And for those that are wondering, as Kira reprogrammed the Rouge, he set the PS armor back to the original colors. Weapons and Shields aren't effected by PS, so the Rouge's shield was still pink.

Seeing Watfeld-san's suit for the first time, I was thinking. "Cool new suit, but what the heck is it?" Then I saw it transform. A red and yellow Gaia! Kick ass! Also, I think it's a brand new model, not rebuilt. I noticed that Watfeld-san does have a blind spot where he's missing his eye, and that's his hindrance. Even so, he does seem faster than Stellar, and he doesn't waste shots.

For God's sake Kira, KISS HER ALREADY! Geez, its like you're afraid she'll get pregnant from it or something. I mean come on!

And I timed it. Kira programmed Strike Freedom in 6 seconds. SIX SECONDS! Six seconds is my record in taking out a mobile suit with Freedom in GSD GBA, and I feel completely outclassed now. "Kira Yamato, Freedom, ikkimas!" I hope he says that forever. For the record, he did fire both railguns, both rifles, the chest cannon, and all 8 DRAGOONs at once, go Kira! His usage of his Newtype abilities is incredibly accurate. I don't think a single soldier was lost on those Nazca class ships. Although his battlecry when he used that ability seemed a bit Rau-like, and that scared me.

Here's the kill count for the episode, but its more like a disable count:
Gaia kill count: 4
Strike kill count: 5
SF kill count: 18 and 3 Nazca class
Eternal kill count: 3

As for my evaluation of the mobile suits. Gaia II: The Badass Version is a more improved version of Gaia, most definately. I think that if it is put in the atmosphere, it will still be able to fly. And I love the color scheme. The only problem is Watfeld's crippled side. He can't control it to the fullest. I'm hoping one of the other pilots will be able to make better use of it if Watfeld gets injured. Nice catch with the beam rifle, by the way.

Strike got shot down because there was so much crossfire and his main intention was to protect his love. Strike is not as accurate as Freedom, so his shots were wasted more. If he intended on going on the offensive, I'm sure he could have shot down at least 10. But I think Cagalli is going to be really pissed when she hears her suit got its limbs taken off. By the way, nice catch with the graples, DaCosta-kun.

Strike Freedom, oh man, that thing has got some major weaponry to it. Railguns, torso cannon, beam rifles, and let's not forget the 8 Dragoons, but there is a major flaw to it. All those weapons are heavy, and take up a lot of mass. Though it's probably a little faster than the original Freedom, it's definately not as fast as Destiny. It was evident from the fact that he had to block with his reflector shield and dodge the missiles. It was rather slow in my opinion, his movements that is. Also being caught by the Gouf whips is another thing. In Freedom he would have been able to dodge them, but in SF, he couldn't. Even so, the DRAGOONs are faster than electricity apparently, because Kira's leg and blaster didn't blow up. *gets calculator out* Let's see, if we take into account that he can take out approximately 13 suits in one shot with the HiMat system, subtract the beam rifles when using METEOR, and calculating the amount of kills a METEOR can get on average in a single shot.... *calculator blows up* Dear god, that's an army killer. One on one, I hope Kira's beam saber skills are up to par, because he'll have to use them to defend as well as attack. SF and Destiny is an even match in my opinion, because SF is a long range type, and Destiny is a close quarters type. Meaning Shinn will be dodging and deflecting the Dragoon beams, while Kira will be backing off, while trying to find an opening.

I want to see Akatsuki ASAP. It looks just like Strike, only gold, with a few extra goodies. I hope it has the IWSP pack of Rouge in Gundam SEED MSV. And so ORB will once again get caught in the fight against someone they don't want to fight against. DAMN YOU YUUNA ROUMA SEIRAN! Seriously, could someone please shoot the bastard right now? Cagalli, here's a gun. Do the right thing and smite him!

And looking at the ending, yes that is a gray Gouf near Yzak. Looks like he upgraded. It makes sense considering his status is higher than Dearka. Besides, there's no gunner model Gouf as of yet.

Whew, that was long winded. I don't think this will be considered the best episode for long, because when all four of the heroic suits come out to play, all hell is going to break loose.

Blues
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Ok. Everyone is going crazy over Strike Freedom. So far, I haven't seen ANYTHING that makes it superior to Destiny. If anything, the two are evenly matched.

Otherwise it was a pretty good ep

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:11 AM
i'm just thinking it'd be great if the cellphone sub link got posted sometime soon... because i'm not about to download the Raw version, just to have to download the subbed version immediately afterward... on the bright side... first subbed episode of FMP!: Second Raid is out...

SilverSurfie
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:14 AM
yeah tell me about it... im dying here... &gt;.&lt;

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by: Gunslinger_BlaQ
i'm just thinking it'd be great if the cellphone sub link got posted sometime soon... because i'm not about to download the Raw version, just to have to download the subbed version immediately afterward... on the bright side... first subbed episode of FMP!: Second Raid is out...

I agree about the FMP, I've already have 3 versions of it. I want to judge each version to decide which group to follow on it.

As for Cellphone it should be about 2 more hours give or take. Think of it this way, if you think it will take that long to download, go ahead and get the raw to at least watch the second half, then while you are watching it start the download for the sub. The first half is dialouge intensive so anyone who can't understand Japanese needs the subs to get the most out of it (though some can be decerned from just the visual), but the second half (around the 11:30 point in the Saiyaman RAW) is almost all action.

EDIT: So much for 2 more hours. See my post below.

smurfyy
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:38 AM
*pulling out hair, rocking on a rock chair like a lunatic* it will be here soon..yeess,..it will be here soon......hehehahahhehe!!

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:43 AM
&lt;BrokenPhone^2&gt; release will most likely be late this week by 1 or 2 hours tops
&lt;BrokenPhone^2&gt; blame the main encoder who took a nap right before encode time and in fact IS STILL ASLEEP, THE BASTARD~~

Ouch..... 3 or 4 more hours then.

Originally posted by: redemption2
Those boosters they stuck on Strike Rouge, isn't that the same booster they used to send Archangel back into space in GS?

Archangel didn't need boosters to get into orbit. It fired it's Lohingrin cannons in an upward angel and causing a vacumn that allowed the Archangel to reach orbit under it's own power.

mage
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:15 AM
that sounds kind of dumb. a vacuum doesn't cancel gravity -_-

Vash1306
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:20 AM
In the world of gundam yes!

SilverSurfie
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:21 AM
but it does negate air friction... perhaps Archangel's thrusters arent powerful enough to generate enough thrust to launch into orbit without some other variable. Thus they create a vacuum tunnel in where there is no air resistance to go through... Think about when a shuttle enters earth's orbit, without the right shielding they burn up because of the atmospheric resistance. create a vacuum tunnel no need for the shielding...

smurfyy
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:36 AM
mage, u sir, didnt study physical science i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif it created a vaccum , allowing the archangel to get inside the vaccum, thus, allowing the air to seal off the vaccum bottom up, pushing the archangel out into orbit.

john_doe_107
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:46 AM
when will the subs be out??!!
i'm getting really agitated.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:55 AM
hrm... guess i'll get the Raw then, in the meantime... and againg, at least my FMP! download'll be done soon. going with the... BakaKozou sub for my first try... guess we'll see if that's tolerable. let me know if you'd suggest a better one, Curium.

smurfyy
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:01 AM
its 2AM on my side *yawn* dont know how much longer i ccan hold o-out..*yawn*~

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by: smurfyy
its 2AM on my side *yawn* dont know how much longer i ccan hold o-out..*yawn*~

As of when I'm posting this it should be another hour or 2, see my last post. So somewhere around 5 AM for whatever time this board is on.

EDIT:

that sounds kind of dumb. a vacuum doesn't cancel gravity -_-

I never said it cancelled Gravity. Vacuum's can be very powerful, and under the right setup could even be a devestating weapon. It isn't that much of a stretch for a vacuum to be used to escape Earth with a lot less force.

SilverSurfie
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:08 AM
shoot the messenger!!!! whos all with me??? *evil maniac Shinn laugh... (god i hate that cackle.)

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by: SilverSurfie
shoot the messenger!!!! whos all with me??? *evil maniac Shinn laugh... (god i hate that cackle.)

BrokenPhone^2 was the original messanger go after him, not me. Or better yet go after the encoder person that decided to take a nap right when it was his turn to do his job.

Curium Runs and hides in case he failed to sufficiently deflect anger.i/expressions/clock.gif

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by: Curium

I just checked, Kira doesn't use the Chest cannon there, so he doesn't use it at all this ep.

if you watched it frame by frame, at the point where he used the HiMAt for the 1st time, you can count it all up, 8 dragoons, by his side, 2 rail canons from his hips, 2 laser rifles from his hand , and one redish laser come from his body, you cant really see whether the reddish laser came out from the chest canon, coz it blocked by the rail canon's laser and the left laser rifle

telemari
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:31 AM
mage, u sir, didnt study physical science it created a vaccum , allowing the archangel to get inside the vaccum, thus, allowing the air to seal off the vaccum bottom up, pushing the archangel out into orbit.
It SUCKED Archangel into orbit. Now that's cool! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:38 AM
CellPhone^2 is out (http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:5796/stats.html?info_hash=6aec714765e37371d85ae6b556ac4 f19f776d304)
LoL cell phone is out there are like 200 leechers but no Seeders

mage
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:41 AM
what episode is it where they use the vacuum to launch to space?

and.. there's no seeds for cellphone^2:(

Dannynonsense
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:45 AM
after the vaccum was created archangel was able to obtain enough force and speed to go out into space it wasnt the vaccum alone that did it dont forget it was also equipped with the kusangai's spare boosters

DragonBladeX
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Finally a seed for cellphone i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kamikazekage
Sun, 07-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Cellphone^2 is disbanding.
Who cares, They suck anyway i/expressions/devil.gif

john_doe_107
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:07 AM
why are they disbanding?
where did you get this?

naruto-kira
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:23 AM
omg look at Strike Dreedom kicking so much ass and looks 10 times cooler than The Destiny!!!!!!!!!

and look at how freaking strong was kira operating like that without seed mode!!!!!!!!very impressive....go!!!!!!!! KIRA!!!!!!!!!!

oyabun
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:58 AM
yeah, cellphone is disbanding, no more fast release when it comes to gsd.. we have to wait for seed-fansubs.. eps 39 is the last

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Seed-Fansubs or Haro^Tori, which comes out even faster.
And is better, IMO.

Ayste
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:46 AM
The best part of this episode is when the Zalf MSs capture the legs of of Strike Freedom. At that moment I was thinking, awsome job guys, now quick shoot before he... damn - Thats pretty cool. Then the battle ended and I was thinking - Thats it. All that "dramatic" sequence and he does the same thing he always does.

So like, Freedom is really good at shooting a bunch of small frys. Whats he going to use to fight Shin? He better have something useful because right now it looks like an easy frag. Shin seems really good at close combat. His MS seems to compliment that aswell. Kira is good at blasting multiple targets. Although increadible awsome when facing an army of lesser MSs; it is not terrible useful one on one. Those flying laser kites are apparently easy to take down as Ray did it in his MS in ep2. Mabey he will use them at the same time he shoots all those other lasers, so he goes from having alot of lasers shooting at one target to tons of lasers shooting at the same target.

The only reason for me to DL the sub version is to find out about that journal. The Shin part is pretty obvious - damn we missed one, guess I'll have to go kick more ass. Lacus/Kira relationship - Don't care. Not totally true. Is it more important to talk to your GF then get yourr ass in the MS and save the day. What's he thinking - Oh yeah, I am so good, I think I'll have time to flirt around some. Damn I'm just that good I don't have to hurry to support the ship. Mabey not, mabey he sees her and his brain shuts down - preeettty. Whatever, no reason is good enough.

I'm also guessing that Zalf ship turrets are remote used. Since Kira has a no kill (unless I have too) policy?

Another good part about this episode was the preview for the next one. It was good for two reasons. First was showing Athrun getting into a regular MS to go fight - raw fighting skills baby. Second, it signaled an end to episode 39.

Sano
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Seed-Fansubs or Haro^Tori, which comes out even faster.
And is better, IMO.

If this is so, can you post the link for us right when they sub the next and remaining episodes? Thanks.

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by: Kamikazekage
Cellphone^2 is disbanding.
Who cares, They suck anyway

I don't know about you but i enjoy the speedsub. They didn't suck, with that speed they were good. Not that i kept the speedsub but it lets you know what they are saying fast, not entirely accurate every time but you get the picture anyway.

redemption2
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Wait, cellphone is pulling out of the game? NO FAIR! MS IGLOO still hasn't been subbed fully yet!

Nyro
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:11 AM
So like, Freedom is really good at shooting a bunch of small frys. Whats he going to use to fight Shin? He better have something useful because right now it looks like an easy frag. Shin seems really good at close combat. His MS seems to compliment that aswell. Kira is good at blasting multiple targets. Although increadible awsome when facing an army of lesser MSs; it is not terrible useful one on one. Those flying laser kites are apparently easy to take down as Ray did it in his MS in ep2. Mabey he will use them at the same time he shoots all those other lasers, so he goes from having alot of lasers shooting at one target to tons of lasers shooting at the same target.

Go watch the end of Gundam SEED the original and you'll see how the DRAGOON system is more then scary 1v1. Also realize Kira didn't even have to use SEED mode in this battle at all.

Also regarding people saying Strike-Freedom is slower then Freedom, have a look at it right after it launches, that is the true speed of Strike-Freedom. Any time he wasn't moving in this episode he was usually defending the Eternal. Look at when he gets blasted by that beam rifle and uses his shield, he wanted to stop and take down the missles that were being shot at Eternal. He got caught by the Goufs after disabling two other Goufs.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
wow this ep was great kira owned with his new strike freedom the other guy in gaia was also owning some of those zaft forces, didn't mind the obvious kira fanservice since he was the main star troughout the entire ep and i thought it was time for kira to get back some of his spot light because i like kira, shinn has grown on me too can't see why everyone is arguing all the time over the whole kira vs shinn thing

Millenium-Boyz
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Shit! im still wondering how could LAcus got those DOMS unit, and how could she also got Strike Freedom or the design of the SF, and what is this with this "Destiny plan" what is it?

Dannynonsense
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:07 AM
nice episode but y is cellphone disbanding also when does the haro tori ver. usually come out

Gundam_Strike
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Shit! im still wondering how could LAcus got those DOMS unit, and how could she also got Strike Freedom or the design of the SF, and what is this with this "Destiny plan" what is it?

Well, having had Freedom in posession for quite a long time, making an upgrade shouldn't be so hard should it? It's not like she and Andrew are alone, they have a huge faction and a lot of money to spend.

Death13a
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Favorite quote of this episode

21:23
"Withing two minutes, 25 unites of ZAKUs and GOUFs were annihilated?!"

I think it be Athrun VS Shinn And Rey VS Kira. As their unites match each other.

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I think it will be Shinn vs. Kira and Asthrun vs. Rey as Shinn dislikes Freedom, he will go mad when he sees a new Freedom. Rey won't be allowed to fight it.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Darkshadow,i wasnt talkin bs,when i said Shinn's DAYS of maintenance and tuning on Destiny,i didnt say anything bout chasing athrun,juz look at ep38,Shinn only utilized Destiny's full power at Heaven's Base,n that must be days rite?

And u see Kira configured his OS to full optimization within SECONDS,n he wasnt even fully using SF's weapons yet(that's his 1st time in SF,i'm sure his skills with it will improve overtime,he didnt use SF's beam rifles combined)

So i hope this reply satisfies u

Death13a
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:24 PM
so who says Shinn will be allowed to fight Kira, if Athrun wants to fight Shinn?

Nyro
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Not to mention Rey wouldn't come close to standing a chance against Kira. Rey may be newtype and all, but Kira in SEED mode in just regular Freedom would likely destroy Legend. I want to see Kira use SEED mode in Strike-Freedom. As of right now I am more then satisfied with saying Kira is a better pilot then Shinn without SEED, espically after seeing what he did with Strike-Freedom in this ep.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by: Chris_Xion
Darkshadow,i wasnt talkin bs,when i said Shinn's DAYS of maintenance and tuning on Destiny,i didnt say anything bout chasing athrun,juz look at ep38,Shinn only utilized Destiny's full power at Heaven's Base,n that must be days rite?

And u see Kira configured his OS to full optimization within SECONDS,n he wasnt even fully using SF's weapons yet(that's his 1st time in SF,i'm sure his skills with it will improve overtime,he didnt use SF's beam rifles combined)

So i hope this reply satisfies u

destiny was the same against athrun as it was against the heavens base defense, can you point out 1 thing it didnt use in the athrun fight??, he wa sholding back a bit sure, but i didnt c a major upgrade on destiny in heavens base, if there was an upgrade at all, and how would you know shinn spend day and night in destiny tuning it up??, sure he tinkered with it, but saying something that wasnt even shown cant be considered as a fact, and kira was forced to reprogram, im not saying shinn can do the same as fast as kira, but stating something that wasnt shown is stupid

Guardian_2000
Sun, 07-17-2005, 02:32 PM
you guys need to get up on times between the fansubs its just a matter of preference for the most part. Haro helps the idiots and is alil more prettier while SEED is abit more technically accurate. Not to mention those like myself are worried that Haro is gonna start slipping in their race to be the faster with them and SEED Fansubs. Atleast the SEED its not a race and they care about quality of speed. But there must be something up if more people download SEED over Haro atleast by checking the trackers.

I gotta love how in this ep we get another confirmation that Neo is really Mwu. After openning the channel to the bridge from the med bay. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Wasnt there someone still not convinced that Neo was Mwu?

Barumonk
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Some of you underestimate the ending battle given to the episode. Its not as important that he just did the same thing as always, its that Kira is a newtype now, this alone has a huge impact on his abilities and can be considered just as important as Kira's first SEED mode battle. Putting this in a realistic perspective for GS/D, combine the piloting abilities of old Kira with Mwu/Neo/Rau/Rey, and this is the new Kira. In a greater perspective, you could say Kira has enhanced mind abilities now, that can do anything from spacial awareness (detecting stealth units, to knowing when someone is coming up behind him) to frying people's brains if they come too close, although I doubt it will get anywhere near that insane. ^^;;

Nyro
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I like HaroTori's type-setting more then SEED fansubs. Thats why I watched HaroTori. If SEED has changed their font and style I might consider making the switch. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Kira? A newtype? Now? WTF?

I don't get it

Nyro
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I think he's referring to that weird white flash Kira got. But I don't think that says anything about newtype this or that. I'm not even sure what the definition of newtype in CE is.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Doesn't Kira have enough power as it is. He sure did a lot of damage in this episode without going Seed mode. doesn't anyone else find that bad. Him becoming a newtype is really bad. I doubt that Shinn can even touch him once Kira full awakens his newtype powers.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Great, let's awaken Kira's mystical latent unexplained fucking newtype powers 10 eps before the series ends... just because he REALLY NEEDS MORE POWER.

Time to kill some manuscript writers for ruining the series

JerV
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:06 PM
I think the flash just represents that he was using the Dragoon system and like with Legend anyone can use the new dragoon system

Barumonk
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:11 PM
From technical specs, Kira's DRAGOON system is the same as the ones from Chaos that Sting used, and yet he never had a flash. On the opposite end, Mwu, Rau, and Rey have had flashes while using a mobile suit which didn't even have the DRAGOON system (infact, in one case, Mwu vs Rau didn't have a DRAGOON equiped anything within a few thousand miles).

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:54 PM

if you watched it frame by frame, at the point where he used the HiMAt for the 1st time, you can count it all up, 8 dragoons, by his side, 2 rail canons from his hips, 2 laser rifles from his hand , and one redish laser come from his body, you cant really see whether the reddish laser came out from the chest canon, coz it blocked by the rail canon's laser and the left laser rifle

You are right, sorry about that.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 07-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: JerV
I think the flash just represents that he was using the Dragoon system and like with Legend anyone can use the new dragoon system

That doesn't apply to SF though.

Also I bet that next time Kira goes Seed mode he'll fry someones brain.

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
I gotta love how in this ep we get another confirmation that Neo is really Mwu. After openning the channel to the bridge from the med bay. Wasnt there someone still not convinced that Neo was Mwu?

That would be me. This doesn't do it either. Archangel was a EAF ship. I can't think of any reason for the communication code to the bridge to be different from one ship to another or for Archangel to change it after they left the EAF. If some intruder did contact the bridge all it would do is tell the crew where they were.

They had a factory back at that asteroid that they were hiding in. That is why Eternal launched so that it wouldn't be discovered.

If Kira really is a new-type now, can he use both new-type and seed at the same time? He is devestating with either one, but both at once would be insane.

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:17 PM
If Kira becomes a newtype now this show will be ruined. Why doesn't he just go to each base of both ZAFT and EA and destroy everything and then proceed to his throne and claim his title as "King of the World"? On his side he got Athrun who is the next strongest pilot in this show only rivaled by Shinn possibly. At that he got AA and Eternal with the Clyne Faction.

The guy doesn't need any Newtype powers, he is good enough as it is. He is almost to good even without using SEED mode, he is an amazing pilot.

dspR
Sun, 07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
In my opinion, Kira has surpassed his own abilities without utilizing the deadly Seed mode.
Who knows if Kira will use Seed mode now, but that would be a powerful combination.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-17-2005, 06:05 PM
yes kira will use seed mode, its still called "Gundam SEED Destiny" and of course he'll go around killing people in it.

edit: i didnt really catch it while watching the raw, and i'm not sure if its been answered in this unusually long episode discusson but, where are the deflectors located on SF? (j/w) i didnt see any yet, beams just stopped...

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 07-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Well since Seed Mode enhances abilities and mental awareness and all that mumbo jumbo, if you combine that with newtype abilites then that will make him A GOD of all pilots. Soon all other newtypes shall look like ants under the mighty shoe of KIRA YAMATO. Then I won't have to watch this show anymore if Kira is really a newtype. He will be like the fisrt Jedi. He won't just fry people's brains. He'll control them with his omnipitent powers. He won't even need a Gundam. He'll just make everyone kill each other.

Edit: If he has newtype powers it probably was part of the package of being the ultimate coordinator.

naruto-kira
Sun, 07-17-2005, 06:38 PM
wut is a new type i still dont know...anyone help me out on here

zn|¹
Sun, 07-17-2005, 06:44 PM
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/mechanics/main5.html

°‹¨?¸?n- jikˆŠÕêüÀànp
n&amp;Øý›’d

So it has a new model engine and some other specs to give it several times the combat ability of Freedom...which means... whoo!! it is most definately faster than Freedom.

EDIT:

A new-type was first introduced in the original Gundam Series in which the main character, Amuro Ray, and a select few others were gifted with pretty much psychic powers that gave them an incredible edge in battle while in a MS. New-types can sense impending attacks use their abilities to manipulate people etc. Unlike Coordinators, they are few in number, but face that same type of discrimination that coordinators do.

naruto-kira
Sun, 07-17-2005, 06:56 PM
well kira been a new type all along.. haven't he??...., he had the same type of instincts as Amuro Ray, in battle too, also Athrun has that too...,i scene it... but Shinn have it doesn't...

Barumonk
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:23 PM
No, Athrun really hasn't had it. Newtype abilities are traditionally defined by that flash, or sparkle that Kira had (simply deemed the "newtype flash"), as well as Neo/Mwu and Rey.

MrTicTac
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:34 PM
maybe you can categorize Kira, Amuro and that lallah girl as the better newtypes,, dont they call it N3,N2,N1 or something,, err i dunno

like kira, Amuro, lallah as N3
Athrun, Mwu and Char N2
Cagalli and that chick i forget char's sister (like these 2 have newtype relatives) as N1

I dont remember Athrun or Cagalli having the "flash" though, but could be wrong

another theory,, maybe mwu isnt a newtype,, like he could be the same as the frost brothers in gundam X (i forget what they were called) and thats how mwu and that guy in SEED (damn i suck with names,, he was the clone wore a mask) can sense each other

Miro69
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:28 PM
an entertaining episode. nice to see kira in action but pretty soon he won't even need to use seed mode anymore with strike freedom and his newtype powers. not much to say except the blatant cash cow milking by fukuda is becoming more and more blatant.

MrTicTac
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:40 PM
cash cow *hurray* !!

who really cares,, we get it for free anyways,, give em more cash and make another damn good sequel ^^

Miro69
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac
cash cow *hurray* !!

who really cares,, we get it for free anyways,, give em more cash and make another damn good sequel ^^

if there is a sequel, this would be the result &lt;_&lt;

Originally posted by: Knives122
http://s05.imagehost.org/1177/KOS_7.jpg

MrTicTac
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Noooo!! x__x

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:01 PM
After watching the sub i felt even more emotion in the KiraxLacus relationship. I think that their relationship was the central part of this ep, it would have been better if they delayed it abit and made SF launch next ep. Unfortunatly because they spent so much episodes on bullshit with no story progression they can't afford to do it that way.

I think all of you should watch up to the point where SF launches and rethink what you just saw before you watch the rest. Just to grasp the beautifulness of what happens.

Did anyone else wonder about the Destiny plan Dullinandal is pulling? To me it sounds more and more like Rau. Im now convinced that Dullinandal possibly along with Djibril will be the final villian. Maybe Djibril joins up with Dullinandal at the end, wouldn't that rock?

darkshadow
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:09 PM
no it wouldnt really.........i mean if that happens, minerva goes rogue ( i dont think talia will allow dullindals scheme), shinn will be crushed by believing in the chairman, and in the end we will have eternal+AA+minerva+SF/IJ/Impulse/Destiny/Gaia, against what? legend?? that just wouldnt work out i think

DDBen
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
no it wouldnt really.........i mean if that happens, minerva goes rogue ( i dont think talia will allow dullindals scheme), shinn will be crushed by believing in the chairman, and in the end we will have eternal+AA+minerva+SF/IJ/Impulse/Destiny/Gaia, against what? legend?? that just wouldnt work out i think

I honestly can't see anything causing Shinn to act against Dullindale at this point. Even if the Minerva went to the otherside with say Lunimaria I personally see Shinn and Rey staying as pawns until the bitter end.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:30 PM
no i cant c it like that, shinn will go totally berserk if he found out he was betrayed, just like he felt he was betrayed by the Athha family, shinn doesnt want war and all those things, he will not hesitate to go against the chairman, if he finds out, especially if it would mean defending minerva and ofcourse lunamaria, he doesnt want to lose more people in his life

Curium
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Did anyone else wonder about the Destiny plan Dullinandal is pulling? To me it sounds more and more like Rau.

I've been thinking for a while that it was Dullindal that got the info that the Gundams were being built at Heliopolis to Rau before SEED, and when I get a chance I need too look and see, it may have been Dullindal that gave Rau the plans for the NJC that he gave the the EAF. Unfortunatly I only had enough writeable CDs to burn the first half of SEED at the time and I've had to since delete it for HD space so I'd have to go download it again first.

MrTicTac
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:17 PM
I think IF Shinn and the minerva does go against dullindal,, shinn would be so confused and withdrawn that he'd lose the ability to go SEED-mode that or go against the minerva and stay with dullindal and rey

smurfyy
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:57 PM
lol, if the minerva and shin goes against zaft, it'll just be like gundam seed; archangel and kira turning against the earth military. After watching the episode, i was just wondering, kira borrowed cagali's rougue strike, but wasnt it originally pink when it went into phase armor mode? but somehow, wen kira piloted it, it became like the colors of the original strike.

PS: A big fight between legend and strike freedom would be awesome i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Yea that was wierd. But now that Kira has obtained god mode he can color his ms however he wants in the matter of seconds to.

~strike-freedom~
Sun, 07-17-2005, 11:05 PM
After watching the episode, i was just wondering, kira borrowed cagali's rougue strike, but wasnt it originally pink when it went into phase armor mode? but somehow, wen kira piloted it, it became like the colors of the original strike.

heh, well, maybe i heard wrong but when the engineers asked kira about how he wanted strike rougue, he said just put it as strike or soemthing like that. this was from cellphone 2 translation so, not sure

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 07-17-2005, 11:09 PM
watching strike freedom's big deput makes me wonder if infinite justice's deput will be just as intense

Deblas
Mon, 07-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Good eps. Finally I get to see SF and his awesome Dragoon system. But really, I'm more hyped up for the next eps:

Cagalli gets a new unit! And its golden O_o

Dullindal appears to have made a decision to attack Orb. Shinn looks like he is having his thoughts of "if dullindal is right or not"

Kira is coming back to Orb meaning that if Destiny comes out. Then Shinn will be like OMFG he's alive!! O_o. And the true battle against Shinn and Kira will begin.

Millenium-Boyz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:10 AM
im wondering how the hell can CLyne faction got the "two units" which is SF and IJ ?
and if they built it, how the hell can she got the design, or even think of building something overpowered like that, first i thought that SF and IJ will be another stolen gundam from ZAFT

Roko
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:51 AM
wow, there was a factory in that asteroid O_o

SF's debut was awesome; dragoon rocks! Looks like the next few eps will be intense; can't wait to see everyone's reaction on seeing SF

Curium
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
dragoon rocks!

I've felt that way since I first played Final Fantasy 4. Legend of Dragoon also reenforced that idea.

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:44 AM
Haro^2Tori^2

http://www.point-blank.cc:7000...efe7f92e27902251430f38 (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/torrent.html?info_hash=70ea83b89c27ec01beefe7f92e2 7902251430f38)

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-18-2005, 05:44 AM
i'm gonna guess Infinite Justice debuts saving Cagalli sorta like how kira got on SF to save lacus

I really like how SF's thrusters make a silhouette of the space/air around it and causes sparks, but not wings though u__u

Dannynonsense
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:47 AM
im wondering how the hell can CLyne faction got the "two units" which is SF and IJ ?
and if they built it, how the hell can she got the design, or even think of building something overpowered like that, first i thought that SF and IJ will be another stolen gundam from ZAFT

thats what everyone thought nice to know that there were wrong everyone kept on argruing that because the designation is the same it has to be made by zaft but all those idiots werent paying attention to one thing zaft dropped the alpha series of gundams because of the junis 7 treaty and made a new series the "S" series if they did make sf and ij there designation would be ZGMF - X19S and ZGMF - X20S

this is my 200th post yay go me !!!!

kenren
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:21 AM
well, it's good to see kira in action again ^.^.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 07-18-2005, 09:24 AM
XD *WAHH* XD *WAHH* I got banned. Finally i can post again, but too late. Saturday i was watching ep 39 like for the 40th time, or something like that and noticed some things that by now u already now.

1.- Neo recovering his memory (a little).
2.- Some of Lacus Conversation.
3.- What the captain of the Nazca Class Cruiser Said.
and some other thing i have already forgotten.

Anyway, Kira's Back. YATTTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (All Rights Reserved by Murata Azrael)

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

BTW: The saturday i noticed one thing about the black kimono Lacus wears in the ending, i have read a lot of ppl saying that she looks cuter, but its the same she has always used in Destiny, without the white coat.

Mae
Mon, 07-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Nice to see people enjoying their anime, lol. But seriously, it was a decent ep. Athrun and Cagalli make up (aww...), Neo remembers more of his past (OK, Neo-is-not-Mwu holdouts, he remembers the ship's communication code to reach the captain. He's Mwu. Let it go), and Kira gets his new gundam (I like). I liked the Kira/Lacus reunion too. It was sweet and understated, a nice scene.

/rant

However, I would like to take this opportunity to rant about something that has been bothering me since GS. When they fight in space WHY ARE THE EXPLOSIONS PINK? What were the animators thinking? "I'm sick of realistic explosions with normal yellow or orange flames and white or grey smoke. I know, let's make them pink for no apparent reason. But only in space, lol." So I'll be watching an exciting battle sequence and Kira will gun down an enemy ship only to have it burst into clouds of inexplicable pinkness. Then I'll be annoyed, and I'm distracted from the rest of the scene. Damn pink explosions. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

/end rant

Guardian_2000
Mon, 07-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes if it wasn't a big deal for mwu/neo to remember the code Ramius wouldn't have made that mention. So they must have had different codes on the ship after they left the EA. Kira has been showing newtype abilities since the later quarter of SEED I don't know why everyone is so surprised he is a newtype. You need to pay more attention. Its also not hard to believer Kira would be a newtype since he was went through the ultimate coordinator program and probably had the genes activated. Since there didn't see to be any visible benefit it would explain why the process wasn't repeated on Athrun or anyone else. Explosions are pink in space due to their not being an atmosphere. Thats the simplest answer I can give you.

Cagalli's new suit should be interesting but shes gonna end up fighting Shinn. With Athrun come to her aid and save her. Or will Kira save her? Or is Cagalli gonna beat on shinn? Okay so probably not that. But either way I expect Shinn to be surprised with whatever the outcome.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-18-2005, 09:55 AM
@mae uhm, because there is no air in space i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, so a mobile suit or a laser cant cause an explosion with fire and stuff, the pink color is prolly the result of some chemical combination exploding without air

gpshorter
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey guys would any of you all mind sending me the subbed ep 39 through www.yousendit.com.
My bittorrent has been acting up and I can't seem to finnish downloading the ep. at all.
yousendit is a free way to send up to a gig of data to someone through email.
my email address is jjshorteriv@yahoo.com
thanks to anyone that can help.

xat
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Kira has yet to cease to amaze me. Did anyone else sense any slight resentment in regards to Lacus' relieving a new sword to Kira? It seemed she made some unnerved expressions similar to those earlier in GSD just prior to his debut in piloting Freedom.

---

AnimeONE
A-Kingdom

(Excerpt from Tokyotosho)
[Haro^2_Tori^2]_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_39_[F77050E1].avi
Size: 230.52MiB; Date: Mon 18 Jul 2005 10:28GMT | Comment: The ONE the Only the KING <u>you know who we are.</u>

Aramis
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Destiny remains the best mobile suit around IMO, it actually has new technology, Legend is just an easy mode Promenade, Strike Freedom is Freedom+4 detachables. i'll guess Infite Justice, too, is just Justice armed to its teeth.

Aeon
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:11 AM
They're just pulling new mobile suits out of their ass's now. Anyways super Kira doesn't stand a chance a chance against Destiny fingers.

Enderz
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Destiny rocks!! i got even the name of the serie or u can say it has one of the most important word of the serie so that must mean its the best of the best and we also have the "super duper" strike freedom its strong but not strong enough to take down destiny.

So kira fans, dont get so high hopesi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

KapsLocked
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
They're just pulling new mobile suits out of their ass's now. Anyways super Kira doesn't stand a chance a chance against Destiny fingers.

On that note, it would be funny if Destiny did a Kamehameha wave. XD

Good ep. Very nostalgic. I liked the booster that Kira used - it made the gundam look like that one from.... I forgot what UC series.

Kenzaburo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Hehe, Mae, I was wondering the exact same thing recently...pink explosions. And they are not only GS/GSD, this seems to be a common phenomenon in all the Gundam shows.
And about that stuff with there being no air and hence there being no fire: if the creators would stick so closely to physics we wouldn't hear a damn thing in all those space battles and everything would be pretty mute. And yeah, that would be pretty much boring.^^

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 12:52 PM
First post ever!

Well...just saw ep 39. I gotta say. this is one of the best eps of gsd, but i still cant compare it with the last few eps of seed original.....im sure itll be even better1!

x hypz x
Mon, 07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
yep, original gseed was the best.
anyway, KIRA AND STRIKE FREEDOM &gt; ALL bwahahaha
stupid shinn, i hope kira pwns him later

telemari
Mon, 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
hmpf. I somehow don't like it. new freedom is ... just too big, too bulky, too strong. I liked the former freedom more.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
dude, the new design of freedom is way better. just buy a model kit and then compare them!

Nyro
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I like how people don't even support their arguement when it comes to their favorite charater in a battle. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by: Mae

/rant

However, I would like to take this opportunity to rant about something that has been bothering me since GS. When they fight in space WHY ARE THE EXPLOSIONS PINK? What were the animators thinking? "I'm sick of realistic explosions with normal yellow or orange flames and white or grey smoke. I know, let's make them pink for no apparent reason. But only in space, lol." So I'll be watching an exciting battle sequence and Kira will gun down an enemy ship only to have it burst into clouds of inexplicable pinkness. Then I'll be annoyed, and I'm distracted from the rest of the scene. Damn pink explosions.

/end rant

I like the pink explosions. But then again i like the color in itself to.

I mean why not have pink explosions? They already have beams and suits in every color imagineable might as well make the explosions pink its not like the color got any shock value when You have 3 baby blue ships pursuing a pink ship which got a Gaia in light red/orangish and yellow.

Colors are nothing out of the ordinary so i donät see why they should have the explosions in the old normal grey boring color.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:36 PM
you know what would be cooler than pink?

i dunno

darkshadow
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: aznriced310
you know what would be cooler than pink?

i dunno

VIOLET!!!

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I just saw the episode subbed and I can't believe how much better it was. Sure, it's always better when you understand everything that goes on of course... but in ep 39, I feel like it wasn't enough to get the gist of what was going on, as we did in the raw. There was much more feeling conveyed in all the scenes now, and seriously, the lyrics to Vestige were beautiful.

I will absolutely not call this the best Seed episode, you'll have to be on crack to think that this beats the excellent last 5 or so eps of the original Seed, but I must admit it was magnificient. Kira yelling "HIT!" as the dragoon stuff blew up the enemy ship is one of the coolest Kira moments in the series, and that's saying a lot coming from a guy like me who doesn't care particularly for him.

I still can't get over how amazing it would be for Kira to kiss Lacus after that line of his though. "Just seeing you in front of me blah blah". That would be perfect. BUT NOOOO. Keep staring at each other, you morons.

Deamon007
Mon, 07-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I realy like this episode I watched it 7 times already (3 times RAW 2 times the Celphone sub and 2 times the Haro^2Tori^2) its the best episode jet from Gundam Seed Destiny

and pink explosions are cool and can easely be explained by the fackt that we dont know what kind of materials couse the explosions and coeld there for have a diferend color in a plase were there is no air

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:01 PM
This is the only episode in the entire series (except the clip shows) which I've seen less than 5 times.

aznriced310
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
yup, GREAT ep from gsd....the last 5 eps of seed is better but not by much. i have a feelin that the last few eps of gsd isnt going to disappoint us iether because this time theres shinn, the x-factor.

Naruto_RNG
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:20 PM
man I loved this eps. I don't have a clue what a "newtype" is, but what ever it is it sound cool. people make a big deal when kira got cought by the goufs. get over it. the director made that on purpose so kira would bring out the dragoons. can't wait till next eps.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Mon, 07-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Shinn is a selfish crying little brat, i dont know why u Shinn lovers like him so much. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

For the one saying Gundam Seed Destiny Stands for the MS Destiny, i think u are wrong, most probably it refers to the Destiny plan, after all, all the battles an schemes in GSD are leading to completing the Destiny Plan Dullindal Suggested.

On a complete different note i have wanted to write this since saturday:

I read in some Gundam Seed Destiny Forum, i dont remeber where (and im too lazy to look for it), a post that said:

"Erica Simons is the Only woman with more mobile suits in her garage than Lacus Clyne", well, now after ep 39 i should say that that isnt longer true, after all Lacus now has a Factory for herself, building Doms. I dont know how many, at least 3, plus Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice.

Kenzaburo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Am I the only one watching every episode once? And I mean once, not twice or three times or 5 or whatever...WTH?
Even watched SEED only once, never went back to it again, although I liked it. I only happened to watch the return of Freedom and Justice to space(akatsuki no kuruma playing^^) severeal times, but that's all.

Only show I'd like to rewatch right now is FMA, but I had to delete it quite some time ago...d'oh!

Barumonk
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20a
On a complete different note i have wanted to write this since saturday:

I read in some Gundam Seed Destiny Forum, i dont remeber where (and im too lazy to look for it), a post that said:

"Erica Simons is the Only woman with more mobile suits in her garage than Lacus Clyne", well, now after ep 39 i should say that that isnt longer true, after all Lacus now has a Factory for herself, building Doms. I dont know how many, at least 3, plus Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice.

That was me, except thats not exactly what I said. ^^;;

Originally posted by: Barumonk
The return of Erika Simmons! The only female in GS to rival Lacus with the number of mobile suits in her garage.

At the time, Erika Simmons had Strike (rebuilt), atleast three Orb M1-Astray units (probably more), and for a short time she had Buster as well. Lacus had Freedom, but it was mostly a comment towards someone saying that "After getting his Gundam destroyed, Kira will always wake up in the bed of a pink haired popstar with a nuclear gundam in her garage." Right now, Lacus has Strike Freedom, IJ, DOM x3, and Gaia (even though its Andy's, I suspect that Lacus supporters had given it them, rather than Andy doing something typical like sending DaCosta to steal it). Erika.. probably has.. err.. well I suppose thats spoilers. ^^

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Shinn is a selfish crying little brat, i dont know why u Shinn lovers like him so much.

there's already a thread for shinn haters, leave ur shinn-hating comments there

DragonBladeX
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Just something to bring up regarding Kira's newtype flash in this ep. As far as i have known, newtype flashes in GS typically mean someone who you're genetically related(as in Mwu and Klueze case, and somewhat the Neo and Rey case too) comes into the vincinity of each other, IMO. Or as someone mentioned in one of their post, newtypes tend to have a heightened spartial awareness, allowing them to anticipate and followup with a dodge or counterattack. That is probably the cause for Klueze when he was fighting Kira in GS.

What i don't get is the newtype flash from Kira when he was using the DRAGOON system. I disagree with the fact that it 'happens' when he was using the DRAGOON, no one needs to be newtype to use DRAGOON(thought the majority of DRAGOON users are newtype).

If it really is a newtype ability of Kira, I SAY SCREW IT. Kira doesn't need that much more abilities, his SEED mode is more than enough to make up combat skills.

FUKUDA, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU PLANNING!?

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow. Umm... everyone really seems to have loved this episode...

I thought it blew... Totally stalled the aftermath of the Heaven's Base fall (it simply reported the facts we knew at the end of episode 38, except it showed Djibril take refuge in ORB) Introduced 2 new units with no concrete explanation as to where they came from? Who is supporting the Lacus Faction, and for the love of God WHY?!? Who is repairing the ARchangel too!?! Why can't militaries keep their technology secret for more than two minutes!?!

1. EAF gets Beam Deflectors in on Mobile Armors.
2. ZAFT, about a dozen episodes after EAF, manages to fit them on Mobile Suits. EAF doesn't have this yet...
3. Lacus 3rd Party Faction gets same technology, DRAGOON system also, three episodes later from some Factory in a frickin fake asteroid...
4. Meanwhile EAF fails to deploy any new ArchAngel type battle cruisers, although they were the first to get them way way back in Seed....
5. ZAFT also fails to produce any more Minerva type battle ships, or even improve on the Nazca classes from way way back in Seed...

Perhaps this is because I just can't stand Kira and the scene with him losing every piece of the Strike Rouge EXCEPT the cockpit and thrusters reminded me so much of Duo's epic, totally unbelievable BS escape in a POS Leo in Wing... Or how he and Lacus sweetly eye each other while Waldfeld is out there fighting for his dear life...

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Or how he and Lacus sweetly eye each other while Waldfeld is out there fighting for his dear life...

Wow, I didn't even think about that.
That's hilarious. lol. Those bitches i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:02 PM
during that transmission that neo/mwu sends to the bridge, under the image it says from, does it say from sick boy or sick bay?

oyabun
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:17 PM
now we cab say that neo is mwu, he remembered the transmitio0on code for thebridge, i hope the director and his staff explains clearly how mwu survive.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:18 PM
you haven't answered my question

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Your question is stupid, but heres the answer: Sick Bay, you baka...

Oyabin, umm I thought that was already obvious tht Mwu = Neo... But good observation on him remembering the bridge code... little oversight I guess (it would have been wiped with the rest of his memory)

And why is he still in the hospital ward if he seems to be all better?

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Mon, 07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
meyrin doesn't seem to be in that room even though she's sick

smurfyy
Tue, 07-19-2005, 12:07 AM
lol....when Athrun told Cagalli about Meyrin.

Athrun: Yeah, she saved me. She told me to run off rather than be killed. Even though i had barely spoken to her. I've been spoiled, and then got her involved...
Cagalli: She probably likes you, I think. It's alright, don't worry about her. I'll take good care of her..........

sounds like cagalli's gonna stab meyrin i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif lol
back on track.. Freedom and Strike Freedom is almost the same....same movement, same speed, same multiple autotracking device, (SF has a bit more) , the only differnet thing is the gold hinges and the flying laser spikes that almost screwed kira over in Gundam Seed.

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Tue, 07-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Those things are Dragoon System. And i Hardly belive the speed is or will be the same. Kira just started piloting it, he didnt even read a manual, nor had time. Its admirable that he could set it up so easily. Lets wait a little.

oyabun
Tue, 07-19-2005, 12:52 AM
i thought someone already post it, But that scene makes it all clear..

Strike Freedom
Tue, 07-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Regarding SF=Freedom, I believe that is an inaccurate statement. Here's a formula breakdown: (Strike Freedom + Kira + New Type Ability - SEED mode)=(Freedom + Kira + SEED mode - Unconfirmed New Type Ability), now (Strike Freedom + Kira + SEED mode + New Type ability) = Unstoppable. My point, Kira using SF was about equal to what he would do in SEED mode, now he did not use SEED during all this. My hypothesis is that when they do show Kira in SEED mode with his New Type Abilities, Strike Freedom is going to become a monster. I can't wait to see what events force Kira to Seed, most likely SHINN. Also, I am really looking forward to Athuran and IJ. I know many people believe he has had the crappy hand in this series, but I believe the saying "save the best for last" will apply to him. I am most certain he will leave his mark in GSD. Lastly, in this episode during the talk with Cagalli and Athuran, after Cagalli says that "is there really no helping this world anymore?," if you notice Athuran's features, you will see he appears to be upset. What upset him? The Chairman's deceit was a given during the talk as Athuran has his flashback of him, but what really lit his fire in my opinion is SHINN. My point, I foresee a battle with Athuran and Shinn, Athuran goes SEED and teaches Shinn a lesson.

Deamon007
Tue, 07-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Your question is stupid, but heres the answer: Sick Bay, you baka...

Oyabin, umm I thought that was already obvious tht Mwu = Neo... But good observation on him remembering the bridge code... little oversight I guess (it would have been wiped with the rest of his memory)

And why is he still in the hospital ward if he seems to be all better?

thats probebly because they don't want to trow him in the bric

thats because the two beds in that room are taken so they put her in a diferent room (or it was Cagalli's order)

Zariel
Tue, 07-19-2005, 04:26 AM

thats because the two beds in that room are taken so they put her in a diferent room (or it was Cagalli's order)

Lol, Cagalli's order... so.. just in case Meyrin and or maybe Athrun decides to do something naughty??? Oh wait.. maybe Mwu poses some threat of a kind....

telemari
Tue, 07-19-2005, 06:02 AM
he is tied down. mmmm, tied down ... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

john_doe_107
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:02 AM
its like what we do here in this part of the world.
girls and guys have different wards. so i guess it applies in GSD as well

kAi
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Damn, Strike Freedom is cool, Kira is gunna kick some ass in this Gundam.
Hopefully Shinn's, heh.

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-20-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
Regarding SF=Freedom, I believe that is an inaccurate statement. Here's a formula breakdown: (Strike Freedom + Kira + New Type Ability - SEED mode)=(Freedom + Kira + SEED mode - Unconfirmed New Type Ability), now (Strike Freedom + Kira + SEED mode + New Type ability) = Unstoppable. My point, Kira using SF was about equal to what he would do in SEED mode, now he did not use SEED during all this. My hypothesis is that when they do show Kira in SEED mode with his New Type Abilities, Strike Freedom is going to become a monster.

Am I to gather from this post that Kira didn't use Seed in this episode?
Damn I didn't notice...

Yes he will be even more unreasonably powerful than ever before... Not like he wasn't anything short of invincible before... but with Beam Deflectors AND DRAGOON system now... *sigh* How can anyone compete with that?

I do hope Athrun fights Shinn. Seems like Shinn vs Kira would be too easy of a match. And then this brings up the fact that if Shinn, Lunamaria and Rey fight Kira, Athrun and Walfdeld (or MWu?) doesn't that mean we've spent the entire series so far watching the "bad guys" develop and take the spotlight, while the old characters stay true to their righteous ways and (cuz it will happen) ultimatley win and bring peace to the universe (until the desire to produce new model kits and leech of a venerable series overwhelms, if it hasn't already, the creators) ...

Lefty
Wed, 07-20-2005, 01:07 AM
(until the desire to produce new model kits and leech of a venerable series overwhelms, if it hasn't already, the creators) ...

Gundam is one of the oldest beaten horses in anime. THis carcuse is picked so clean it's mostly ashs.
But i do see the cliche ending of all the old characters saving the world from it's self, again.

Curium
Wed, 07-20-2005, 03:42 AM
(until the desire to produce new model kits and leech of a venerable series overwhelms, if it hasn't already, the creators) ...

The only issue I have with this statement is the use of the word "if".

Nai
Wed, 07-20-2005, 06:56 AM
How convenient, everything I hate about this show crammed into one single episode. The sugarsweet relationship of Lacus and Kira, overpowered bullshit, Wings of Words and more glorification and cockstroking of Kira ( I mean fuck, even the episode was named "Kira of the Heavens" ) who should by all accounts be dead twice already if not for his inane fanboys.

The only redeeming parts were hearing Vestige ( which fucking rocks ) and Lacus and her crew being branded as terrorists.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 07-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Why the hell are Kira and Lacus gonna get all lovey dovey during a battle that they are losing. We could have had another Fllay incident. What is wrong with Kira. Thay also better not give Kira a Meteor. He is already his own fuckin Meteor.

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by: Nai
How convenient, everything I hate about this show crammed into one single episode. The sugarsweet relationship of Lacus and Kira, overpowered bullshit, Wings of Words and more glorification and cockstroking of Kira ( I mean fuck, even the episode was named "Kira of the Heavens" ) who should by all accounts be dead twice already if not for his inane fanboys.

The only redeeming parts were hearing Vestige ( which fucking rocks ) and Lacus and her crew being branded as terrorists.

Hear hear! I agree whole-heartedly with this statement! And I will also state that my interest in this show has begun to wane heavilly since its seemed to turn into a useless, self-fulfilling, uber cheezy spectacle. I believe this started happening around episode 33, but there were also many interesting and well-done portions of the show that continued to hold my interest. But they seem to be taking the back-seat to "Lacus &amp; Kira save the world again". And l can only hope that they dont truly make a travesty out of all the Minerva characters, joining Lacus Faction or being stupidly manipulated by Dullindal... But...

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Wed, 07-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes, i hope too that Athrun kicks Shinn's ass, and Kira obviously will get to destroy Legend, seeing that Rey probably is another clone with dragon system. Athrun should attack Impulse using IJustice so he can cut it in pieces, and take the cockpit to Meyring.

KapsLocked
Wed, 07-20-2005, 07:01 PM
DUUUDE!!! If Legend is going to fight SFreedom, it's going to be awesome to see the DRAGOONxDRAGOON fight. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Curium
Wed, 07-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by: KapsLocked
DUUUDE!!! If Legend is going to fight SFreedom, it's going to be awesome to see the DRAGOONxDRAGOON fight.

If it was purely Dragoon vs Dragoon Kira would be at a slight disadvantage because Legend has more Dragoon units.

KapsLocked
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:50 AM
... but SF still has more beam shooter... thingies...

Zariel
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:52 AM
since Eternal will probably descend down to Earth, SF and Legend won't be able to use Dragoons... well, unless there is some OMFG-way of making Dragoon's work in an atmosphere, we won't be seeing Dragoon vs. Dragoon fights...

But yeah... Vestige did really leave a good mark on this episode, hopefully they will find another scene that they will play it again... ooo.. maybe when Athrun gets on IJ...

SFreedomZGMFx20a
Thu, 07-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Oh, yeah. Dragoon probably wont work on Earth. That would explain why Rey hasnt used them yet. I tho he was so SLOW that had no idead how to operate them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

muyg
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
So i guess that S. Freedom will have the same amount if firepower on earth as the orginal Freedom did. On a side note, can some explain to me how did Strike have its arm blown off while blocking that rail shot when Andy blocked one later and only got pushed back? Are their shields really that different?

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
actually, sf might have a bit less firepower on earth because freedom had 2 of those red beams, 2 yellow, and 1 green, red is the strongest, green the weakest, now sf has 2 greens, 2 yellows, but only 1 red, but seeing as how sf is as up to date as destiny , it prolly wont matter that much

Strike Freedom
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: muyg
So i guess that S. Freedom will have the same amount if firepower on earth as the orginal Freedom did. On a side note, can some explain to me how did Strike have its arm blown off while blocking that rail shot when Andy blocked one later and only got pushed back? Are their shields really that different?

The director had to devise a way to give Kira his new suit, the shield was PINK and belonged to Cagalli so it must have been mostly for show i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, Kira did not like the pink shield anyway as it did not suit him so he was destroying it from the back with Strike's hand. Actually, to be completely logical, you have to keep one thing in mind, Strike was on a booster traveling through the Earth's atmosphere at a tremendous speed. Strike was sustaining a large amount of damage due to that, as was his shield. It is most likely that Strike's armor and shield were greatly damaged in that trip from earth to space. It makes sense. That is why when Strike is taken inside of Eternal and they show it right before Kira comes out, it looks really banged up. So there is my reasoning, it was the atmosphere and energy in his trip from earth to space! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Hope this helps

darkshadow
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
lol the anti beam coating prolly got burned off

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-21-2005, 04:32 PM

Yes, Yzak lost Duels shield to a similar weapon at the end of SEED. The First generation suits have crappy shields, as opposed to the better ones. Justice blocked the same shot from forbidden that took out Duels shield, without even being budged.

Technological progress.

Curium
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Why can't militaries keep their technology secret for more than two minutes!?!

2. ZAFT, about a dozen episodes after EAF, manages to fit them on Mobile Suits. EAF doesn't have this yet...
3. Lacus 3rd Party Faction gets same technology, DRAGOON system also, three episodes later from some Factory in a frickin fake asteroid...
4. Meanwhile EAF fails to deploy any new ArchAngel type battle cruisers, although they were the first to get them way way back in Seed....
5. ZAFT also fails to produce any more Minerva type battle ships, or even improve on the Nazca classes from way way back in Seed...

I believe this part of your rant is unnecessary. The Beam Deflectors are older then GSD. If you will remember in like episode 4 or 5 of SEED the EAF had the technology at the Eurasia Space Fortress Artemis. Also in Gundam SEED Astray X, the Eurasia part of the EAF developed their own Gundam preparing for war against the Atlantic Federation once they were rid of PLANT. They minitureized the Beam Shield tech and incorporated it in their Hyperion Gundam (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/xastray/cat1-x1-3.htm). This was sometime around the second half of SEED. As you can see at that link it had both arm mounted beam shields as well as a backpack designed to give it a shield totally surrounding itself. Plus after the damage done to Artemis in SEED it wouldn't surprise me if ZAFT aquired some of the tech while they were there.

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:15 AM

Andy's unit lost its left arm from that shot (shield too) check out scene right when Andy says "Were retreating" or something like that around 18-19 min into ep

its missing the unit's left arm,, most likely taken out by that rail gun shot

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by: MrTicTac

Andy's unit lost its left arm from that shot (shield too) check out scene right when Andy says "Were retreating" or something like that around 18-19 min into ep

its missing the unit's left arm,, most likely taken out by that rail gun shot

I'm assuming you are talking about the Gunner ZAKU's gun. Technically the SF was the only unit there with Rail Guns. Here is what the Gunner ZAKUs use.

M1500 "Orthros" high-energy long-range beam cannon

EDIT: Just for fun Wiki link for Rail Guns. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Gun

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:37 AM
ah i was just explaining that andy's suit took a hit too just like strike when they got hit by that high energy shot (rail gun whatever)

Curium
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Yeah I know. Also I was checking, at about 20:30, just after SF launches it shows Gaia which clearly still has it's shield and arm. Also at the end, the shield is aiming back toward the Eternal at an odd angle, but it is there.

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-22-2005, 02:00 AM
ahh hmm yea kinda weird angle...

scene pic (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/pdc22ca4aba85cfeeb35e6fd1d9edd45e/f328703a.jpg)

it looks like the shield but no arm

** oops just in case link doesnt work,, i can never get imagestation to link somehow, same pic is at http://www.gundams.net/index.php under ep 39

masamuneehs
Fri, 07-22-2005, 01:09 PM

I believe this part of your rant is unnecessary. The Beam Deflectors are older then GSD. If you will remember in like episode 4 or 5 of SEED the EAF had the technology at the Eurasia Space Fortress Artemis. Also in Gundam SEED Astray X, the Eurasia part of the EAF developed their own Gundam preparing for war against the Atlantic Federation once they were rid of PLANT. They minitureized the Beam Shield tech and incorporated it in their Hyperion Gundam (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/xastray/cat1-x1-3.htm). This was sometime around the second half of SEED. As you can see at that link it had both arm mounted beam shields as well as a backpack designed to give it a shield totally surrounding itself. Plus after the damage done to Artemis in SEED it wouldn't surprise me if ZAFT aquired some of the tech while they were there.

My problem isn't so much with the actual technology existing as much as it is with how quickly state-of-the-art military hardware and technology gets passed around in Destiny. Yes you showed that the EAF has had Beam Deflectors for quite awhile. But that says NOTHING as to how ZAFT got them. In fact, if the Eurasian EAF put Beam Deflectors on a Gundam back in Seed (granted it was Astray) how come they've only done so recently in Destiny (the mobile armor unit and the Destroy) but ZAFT is the first to put it on an MS?

Military secrets just being flung all around like that is cock-eyed bullshit that goes hand in hand with the creators simply trying to get all the cool nifty things from previous Gundam series in Destiny and to make the models better so model kit sales go up. How ZAFT gets this technology from the EAF is never explained, its actually taken for granted how such a huge edge was just 'lost' by the EAF and how ZAFT furthered on it.

Then we have Lacus Faction managing to construct the best damn Gundam ever in the form of the Strike Freedom, from the help of "The Factory" which seems to be neither ZAFT nor EAF. WHAT THE FUCK!? That's like saying black market traders can easilly parrellel the highest advacements of an organized government military. That's just utter crap. It's all so Kira can take the starring role again and makes 0 sense. Destiny and Legend are secretly developed by ZAFT and then three episodes after they're roled out of the docking bay for the first time, Kira and Lacus get their hands on one from some shitty asteroid Factory... Bullshit man.

Paulyboy
Sat, 07-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Oh, yeah. Dragoon probably wont work on Earth. That would explain why Rey hasnt used them yet. I tho he was so SLOW that had no idead how to operate them.

I bet they will start operating in a couple of years or so, maybe more, depending that they will start using kids like coordinators and such. I also just got finished with the series of Gundam Seed 1-50 lol, watched the whole thing within about a month or 2 tooks 10 gigs of my hardrive and still got 5 gigs left, so im burning them.

Yumil
Sat, 07-23-2005, 03:10 AM

My problem isn't so much with the actual technology existing as much as it is with how quickly state-of-the-art military hardware and technology gets passed around in Destiny. Yes you showed that the EAF has had Beam Deflectors for quite awhile. But that says NOTHING as to how ZAFT got them. In fact, if the Eurasian EAF put Beam Deflectors on a Gundam back in Seed (granted it was Astray) how come they've only done so recently in Destiny (the mobile armor unit and the Destroy) but ZAFT is the first to put it on an MS?

Military secrets just being flung all around like that is cock-eyed bullshit that goes hand in hand with the creators simply trying to get all the cool nifty things from previous Gundam series in Destiny and to make the models better so model kit sales go up. How ZAFT gets this technology from the EAF is never explained, its actually taken for granted how such a huge edge was just 'lost' by the EAF and how ZAFT furthered on it.

Then we have Lacus Faction managing to construct the best damn Gundam ever in the form of the Strike Freedom, from the help of "The Factory" which seems to be neither ZAFT nor EAF. WHAT THE FUCK!? That's like saying black market traders can easilly parrellel the highest advacements of an organized government military. That's just utter crap. It's all so Kira can take the starring role again and makes 0 sense. Destiny and Legend are secretly developed by ZAFT and then three episodes after they're roled out of the docking bay for the first time, Kira and Lacus get their hands on one from some shitty asteroid Factory... Bullshit man.

It's been a while, but In the episode where Destroys plans are shown, Its shown on two computers in the episode... one of which was the chairmans. Now, if you recall, the Destroys have the shielding on their detachable hands, so its rather reasonable that the chairman got it from there. Now how he had the plans, I do not know, but it is certain he got them and that episode was the first episode I saw him as the bad guy.

Curium
Sat, 07-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by: Yumil
It's been a while, but In the episode where Destroys plans are shown, Its shown on two computers in the episode... one of which was the chairmans. Now, if you recall, the Destroys have the shielding on their detachable hands, so its rather reasonable that the chairman got it from there. Now how he had the plans, I do not know, but it is certain he got them and that episode was the first episode I saw him as the bad guy.

Personally I believe he had them because he helped create the design in the first place.

masamuneehs
Sat, 07-23-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by: Yumil

Personally I believe he had them because he helped create the design in the first place.

I'd totally forgotten about that. ...That conniving Dullindal bastard... He DID have those plans and that was when I totally understand he was a villain through and through. Still, I just feel that the spread of weapons technology is a little unbelievable in Seed.

And if you can explain to me how Lacus Faction's "Factory" got a hold of the technology that created the Strike Freedom and what will be Athrun's new unit (the next Justice) then I'll eat my foot. That kind of 3rd party getting what ZAFT just released as their topo-of-the-line super Gundam is utter crap.

Curium
Sat, 07-23-2005, 10:57 PM
And if you can explain to me how Lacus Faction's "Factory" got a hold of the technology that created the Strike Freedom and what will be Athrun's new unit (the next Justice) then I'll eat my foot. That kind of 3rd party getting what ZAFT just released as their topo-of-the-line super Gundam is utter crap.

Let me know if I leave anything out, I'm going to try to provide answers.

If you remember in SEED, the Clyne Faction was quite large and had soldiers through out ZAFT. It isn't that hard to believe that they still have people within ZAFT today. Strike Freedom and Infinate Justice are based on the 2 Gundams that were specifically built for the Eternal (Freedom and Justice) so they have the basic plans already in the ship database. They just had some engineers redesign them slightly. The DRAGOON tech was brand new with Providence, but it wouldn't have been too hard for a well placed Clyne Faction person to "aquire" the plans during the confusion at the end of the last war. With the beam shield technology I know there were 3 Hyperion units built, I have no clue what happened to units 2 and 3. Also after the Archangel left Artemis early in SEED ANYONE could have stolen the beam shield tech from there easily. All they had to do was miniturize it. Another thing, the first Mobile Armor with the Positron Reflector was destroyed just outside of Orb before the Archangel left. It wouldn't have been too hard for them to retrieve the tech there. If ZAFT got the beam shield tech from the MAs they destroyed then AA could have easily gotten it first (I doubt Orb would let ZAFT salvage that MA just outside their territory.

alukard
Sun, 07-24-2005, 04:40 AM

-------------------------------------------

With every new unit being equipped with anti-beam shields it wouldnt make any difference whether kira has one or a dozen red beams. However beam-swords &gt; MS guns upclose and personal. If you're still holding onto your guns at close range you'll not have much accuracy with a high accuracy weapon especially with most MS now seeming to be fast enough to zip through them like nothing.. Speed and a big sword seems to be the lastest trend unless you've got a really big anti-air grenade that will explode and create a nuke so wide that even a fast MS like Athrun's cant run from it like how he ran from one in the last episode of GS at Jakkin Duel. Even a Gouf has a medieval grappel for mutilating enemy MS's upclose.. Speed-wise Athrun has some of the fastest MS that might even rival Shinn's except for the lack of strong beamed swords. He can only be defeated if he is cornered by someone just as fast with a big stick but his speed will at least help him flee and fight another day. Athrun is more like a quick hit and run personality but isnt too good upclose that was why he got owned by Kira. Kira is one of the most balanced character. His new suit has alot of beams for the eagle-eye sharp shooter and as anyone know snipers are strong support units but Kira is also very good with swords. But being a jack-of-all will never be as good as characters that are specialized His units are always some of the slowest out there because of all the heavy and different weapons it must carry and im sure that nuclear pack must weigh a ton and dangerous if its the target of the enemy.. However, the biggest weakness is he's too soft when it comes time to take someone's life and is constantly endangered because of that. A warrior shouldnt be worried abusing powers which he seem to have alot of but always holding back. Thats his weakness. I watched epi 39 and i dont see any difference from Freedom except for the Dragoon system which is just an advanced but lighter meteor with more accuracy and less fire power. It fits Kira's personality perfectly. He doesnt like firing on friendly units and he's a strong backup to any front-line units and can step in to tank and fill in some bullet holes for AA. SF imho can hold its own especially with the ultimate coordinator at its helm. I wonder how the new Justice will be. The Savior was quite a disappointment because it was very fast in MA mode but was much slower in MS mode and because it was built for sneak attacks it didnt hold well in close proximity as well as Freedom. Kira didnt even have to use too much power to overwhelm Savior in a close encounter. I hope IJ will address that issue with better aiming cannons with enough firepower to take out a MS before it even gets that close.