PDA

View Full Version : Check out my Freedom AMV, for LP fans or so...

romancing_xaga
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Check it peeps...please comments I wanna hear it!!! If you like rock or at least Freedom..check it out..

http://rapidshare.de/files/309...-_Linkin_Park.wmv.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/3099734/Gundam_Seed_Tribute_-_Faint_-_Linkin_Park.wmv.html)

thanks !!

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Linkin Park? I refuse to watch a AMV with Linkin Park. Are all AMV makers retards? Linkin Park sucks.

romancing_xaga
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:42 AM
what the hells your point? what the hells retard? is it you? ok then...

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:44 AM
No i questioned the fucking song choice as it seems that all AMVs feature a LP song these days. If you can explain why then say something otherwise shut up. There are tons of better music out there. Especially for a SEED AMV. Do it with a fucking SEED song.

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:52 AM
dude, the least you can do is be supportive.
no reason to be so brash man.

romancing_xaga
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ
No i questioned the fucking song choice as it seems that all AMVs feature a LP song these days. If you can explain why then say something otherwise shut up. There are tons of better music out there. Especially for a SEED AMV. Do it with a fucking SEED song.

If you hate LP so much then why the hell would you waste your time posting here? What are you worried about? The song wont turn you into a homosexual freak would it? If it sucks so much just like you said, how come I like it? how come other people like it? Hey dude..maybe you have it eh? ...you know the ignorance-syndrome..go check a vet while its still in the early stage...ha!

Dannynonsense
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Linkin Park? I refuse to watch a AMV with Linkin Park. Are all AMV makers retards? Linkin Park sucks.

why the negative vibes man be positive

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:09 AM
I can assure you that there is no logic to why people like Linkin Park. Check out the Metal thread in General Discussions if you want some good music. Listening to Linkin Park mean you probably got it in you to appretiate some fine metal. Oh and i have heard Linkin Park far to many times and i am in no way ignorant.

However i will check out your AMV anyway. Turn the sound down and some nice Freedom scenes are never wrong.

EDIT: Cool. That AMV was amazing once you turned off the sound. I loved the scenes where you went through a couple of diffrent colors. The best scene was by far the one when you did that when Freedom fired all his weapons.

You got some skills in this AMV making. Still i can't get around that song.

romancing_xaga
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:26 AM
I can assure you that there is no logic to why people like Linkin Park. Check out the Metal thread in General Discussions if you want some good music. Listening to Linkin Park mean you probably got it in you to appretiate some fine metal. Oh and i have heard Linkin Park far to many times and i am in no way ignorant.

However i will check out your AMV anyway. Turn the sound down and some nice Freedom scenes are never wrong.

EDIT: Cool. That AMV was amazing once you turned off the sound. I loved the scenes where you went through a couple of diffrent colors. The best scene was by far the one when you did that when Freedom fired all his weapons.

You got some skills in this AMV making. Still i can't get around that song.

well at least for that I thank you..but no need for the thrash talking...

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Congratulations, you have created generic Linkin Park AMV #512591252915291252192. At least it isn't DBZ.
Regardless, it was a good watch. I'm going to rewatch it later and try to give some better critique (a bit pressed for time now).

Do consider changing music though.
Not only does LP blow, I can assure you that soooo many people will downright ignore this when they see your choice of bgm, because that's the reputation AMVs using LP has.
Just a bit of advice.

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Wow, I'm sensing some major LP hatred in here. I mean, really, a lot i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

They are far from the worst group I've heard, I'll watch this as soon as I get the chance.

DDBen
Sat, 07-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Well if PSJ and Terracosmos both Hate Linkin Park then it must be good.

Frankly the reason so many AMV's are done to :LP songs is because LP are huge supporters of AMV's and anime in general they openly have stated that people can use there songs for AMV's as much as they want. Given a LOT of people use them I wouldn't be surprized if 1 in 4 AMV's use LP songs as it does atleast seem that way some days.

I like the band and in general I don't support bashing a band because they are so popular you feel that you must hate them. If you want to hate a band hate them because there music sucks not because they made a lot of money by writing songs many people like and can relate to in some way.

With that being said I'm downloading the AMV as we speak you choose a song I personally like I'll let you know how I like it with the video you made as soon as I watch it.

Edit: Alright I just watched it and first off you had some great editing the color changing done created a really nice effect. However a couple things you might want to look into. First why on earth would you include a imgae of Shinn running freedom through with his excalibur in a profreedom AMV. Second the Video and the color changed were not timed to the music when doing effects I find it best when they are clearly timed to a beat or guitar rift as it relates the effect to something. I also liked your added text that gave a nice leed into the video.

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Yea cause it's impossible for us to dislike a band cause the music is bad. We hate everything that is popular. I personally hate it because is sucks. I don't care if they made alot of money or no money at all. It just plain sucks.

The AMV is great tho.

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Yea cause it's impossible for us to dislike a band cause the music is bad. We hate everything that is popular. I personally hate it because is sucks. I don't care if they made alot of money or no money at all. It just plain sucks.

The AMV is great tho.

Correction: You think it sucks.

If you are to go by REAL, MEASURABLE evidence, such as record sales, it does in fact not suck. Not even a little. In fact, its done really well.

You shouldn't try to pass off your opinion as fact, especially when there is scientifically measurable evidence that contradicts you.

On the other hand, I have a lot of respect for a well defined opinion. I just lose all of that when you try and pass it off as fact.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:40 PM
1, don't turn this into a musical discussion. Being a previous AMV author, I am dead sick of the Linkin Park + AMVs discussion.

2, I am quite sure that people doesn't give a fuck about what bands have said about AMVs. Even if Linkin Park said that "ololool you may not use our music in AMVs because then we'll kill you", people would still do it if they find the music good.

3, while I hate this band, my post was mostly just intended as a "warning"... or perhaps better yet an explanation to why some people lash out. Again, being a previous author of AMVs, I have probably seen more Linkin Park videos than the entire board has together. And I know from experience that they are mainly random scenes from random fighting series (DBZ, again, is a popular choice) composed by the same 12 year olds to which LP generally appeals.

I am not insinuating that Xaga is a stupid and talentless 12 year old because obviously he isn't, I'm just saying this is the reason why many people don't like the AMV/LP combination.

Finally:

"If you want to hate a band hate them because there music sucks not because they made a lot of money by writing songs many people like and can relate to in some way."

If this was directed at me, then:

Shut the fuck up, DDBen.

Even if I did hate them because they are popular, which I don't, you don't have a damn clue to why I hate certain kinds of music so don't go around assuming things.

If that wasn't meant for me, then ignore that statement.

Now, let's drop the discussion.

mage
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:31 PM
NO MORE LINKIN PARK

especially faint, omgz0r i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

edit: ok, now that I watched it, I'll give it a 1 out of 10.

reason 1 it sucks: you used linkin park
reason 2 it sucks: FAINT is used in 85% of all AMVs and its fucking gay
reason 3 it sucks: its a lame "tribute" AMV
reason 4 it sucks: overuse of the crappy color shifting shit
reason 5 it sucks: the music has nothing to do with the video - so essentially it's only purpose is to watch anime and listen to music at the same time
reason 6 it sucks: you included some lame text at the beginning and end to make it seem more important
reason 7 it sucks: you suck at making AMVs

romancing_xaga
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:12 PM
hehehe mage calm down man..dont worry no one will play it on your wedding day or probably on your first communion...just to let you know this if my first try..cmon its like saying the guy who acted as anakin in star wars sucks....dont take this as such burden to your manhood.. by any means I at least know that most ppl hate the so-called suckers band..dont worry I wont show you ppl any LP related materials again...and if you think such music sucks..I want to hear something you composed yourself...

PSJ
Sat, 07-16-2005, 08:36 PM
It has nothing to do with wether we can make music ourselves or not. But with their training i'm positive many if not all people can make similar music. Now we should probably stop the music talk before Terra does something harsh.

DDBen
Sat, 07-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by: romancing_xaga
hehehe mage calm down man..dont worry no one will play it on your wedding day or probably on your first communion...just to let you know this if my first try..cmon its like saying the guy who acted as anakin in star wars sucks....dont take this as such burden to your manhood.. by any means I at least know that most ppl hate the so-called suckers band..dont worry I wont show you ppl any LP related materials again...and if you think such music sucks..I want to hear something you composed yourself...

@Terra read my post before telling me to shut up the only part directed at you was the first line which was intended as a joke.

@PSJ he warned you ahead of time which band and song he was using. Its fine to suggest a differn't song or to do your own AMV using a differn't song. However, sitting around bashing his song choice and the band who composed it isn't constructive at all your just wasting everyones time.

@ Romancing Xaga. You shouldn't be discouraged because some people dislike your song choice you should choose a song and make the video match whatever song you choose. I wrote a couple suggestions about the AMV in my previous post so I won't bother repeating them here but as for me I thought you did a very good job expecially learning now that its your first AMV.

john_doe_107
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:34 AM
i think its a good effort. the opening bit with the text is good.
but i do feel you overdid it with the colours, tone it down a bit.
then make it more dramatic, time the scenes better, make slow motions according to the tempo of the music

i don't like linkin park, if you could use another song that isn't generic
then you'll stand out.

Nai
Sun, 07-17-2005, 03:47 AM
please comments I wanna hear it!!!!
And you got them. Your choice of song was heavily criticized, don't take it personal, learn from it instead. And yes, it's true that seeing how LP is used in about 90% of the AMV's out there it lessens the originality and quality of yours. And no matter how good footage you have, if the song is flat and boring that's how your AMV will feel.

The footage was decent, altho I will admit I'm no big fan of Freedom. Your choice of song couldn't have been more unoriginal and uninspired.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen

@Terra read my post before telling me to shut up the only part directed at you was the first line which was intended as a joke.

And if you read mine you wouldn't have to finish off with that comment.

"If that wasn't meant for me, then ignore that statement."

And as Nai, and many others, said unoriginality is also a negative part of an AMV no matter how much work was put into it. Therefore it is recommended that you experiment a little.

PSJ
Sun, 07-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen

@PSJ he warned you ahead of time which band and song he was using. Its fine to suggest a differn't song or to do your own AMV using a differn't song. However, sitting around bashing his song choice and the band who composed it isn't constructive at all your just wasting everyones time.

Yea and i commented on the song. As people have said LP songs and this song in particular is featured in 90% of the AMVs you come across on the net.

How am i wasting time when my point gets across? "This song sucks, choose another one." If i'm wasting your time then why are you replying? Could it be that you don't have anything better to do and in which case i am not wasting your time but helping you fill the void of nothingness.

Guardian_2000
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:04 AM
wow you'd think that the bashers would have left after they got their piece in here. Its a decent first try. I can understand saying its not best to use LP as alot of people do. But the music isn't really bad and neither is the band. If people can say the band sucks but not back it up then why do people have to back up why they like it. People have different tastes. So those who don't like this vid grow up and leave the thread after your post. You've made your post and don't help the matter any after bashing the creator. When you make something better you deserve alil more right to come in to a thread and say some more. Till then STFU. It doesn't matter who you are or how much better you think you are. Just because you guys say it sucks or not doesn't mean it does. Just means you don't have a taste for it. Look at the larger picture and don't be so self centered. The more I visit and read some of these posts the more I understand why it gets the comments and bad rep I hear.

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Ok Ill try not to bash you, since it seems like enough of that has happened. It was a good attempt for a first try. I remember my first attempt but it still isnt finished. I don tknow how well the music fit with the video that was playing. I barely saw/ heard any overlapping of movment of things in the scenes to the musical beat and what not.. Being that I have never made a successful AMV (only a Documentary) I cant be all mean.. sigh.. Oh well better then my first attempt considering mine is now on a dead unreachable computer. The images from Gundam Seed were awesome.. Now I have to watch the show.. but first I need to buy a dvd burner..
~Yale (sorry for the rambling)

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 07-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Music was ok. Nice tribute to freedom. Accually it was the best tribute to the freedom that I have seen to date. Tone it down a little on the color. Let it go more with the beat to the song next time as it will set the mood the the AMV better. For your fist try that is really good.

EDIT: Also try to pick music that isn't used in every other AMV. If you go to animemusicvideos site you will see what I mean.

OMGWTFBBQx12
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Holy Crap!! Nice and i like linkin park... i just dont like changing colours i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
i'd rate it 9.5/10 i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:06 AM
I'd rate it a 7.5.

Sakikana23
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:27 AM
I liked it a lot... I didn't like the song at all.. but i thought it was very well done... thank you for sharing

Kovash
Thu, 07-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I was just perusing and found this thread - I know it's on the second page but I wanted to comment anyway.

Personally... I didn't like it much, the scenes you chose flowed together alright, but you overdid it with the special effects. Worst offence of all was your choice of song - no, not because it's LP, but because it had nothing to do with the AMV at all, aside form giving it an angry emotional feel, and that in only two points did the music acctually match up to the visuals. Most of the time the music and the visuals were going at two completely different paces, and it appears that you tried to compensate by speeding up the framerate, which only succeeded in making it look chaotic.

I'd give it a 3/10, only because the scenes flowed nice (despite the poor visual effects you used on them)

as a side note - I tihnk the greatest AMV I've ever seen was a DBZ one, it showed the journey of Goku down Snakeway along to the music of [I'm gonna be (500 Miles) - Proclaimers] now THAT was genious i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Phoebus
Fri, 07-22-2005, 08:46 AM
nicely made, bit too mutch on the collours..should be more original, but nice