PDA

View Full Version : Back from Japan

Winged Dancer
Fri, 07-15-2005, 03:54 PM
So I'm back. Whoopers. Wanted to stay longer. The food is great over there. Did wonders for my stomach and my weight. I really liked living there. But I'm back, so at least I have a computer. Still wish I could buy the Shounen Jump every monday though... gonna miss reading Gintama every week.

Anyway, since I don't know what else to write, I'll go and post a few images. Of course I have more photos than that but I'm lazy so that's all you get.

WD's Japan gallery (http://img232.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=yasukunishrine1qa.jpg)

That link should work. If not, I'll try posting directly....

joker-kun
Fri, 07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
*Thinks WD just wants forum fanboys*

Heh, joking...

Anyway welcome back.

Eurasian
Fri, 07-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Aww it's ok the pictures still came out great^^ You looked like you had so much fun!!! The little boy is so cute lol with that pose and everything. haha I think you got a little fobness rubbed off on you cuz in some of those pics you were posing with the peace/victory pose i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif hehe so cute WD. I think your kimono is really beautiful!! And you look gorgeous in it! Did you wear it to some event?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 07-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Ooh, I so japanese. Victory pose needed if I not wanted to look gaijin!

And I otaku-sized the young boy. He transformed into a Naruto fan. It was scary, he added "Da ttebayo" to every phrase.

Edit - didn't have to go after all, so...

Yeah, the boy liked to pose as Ultraman. For some reason, even though its old as hell, Ultraman is a BIG hit among young boys in Japan... so he posed as him a lot. Then he discovered Naruto (I watched it every wednesday after school) and he started posing all ninja... he got his mother to buy him a Konoha headband and so he'd wear it along with his bright orange pajamas around the house, screaming stuff like "Ore wa Naruto dattebayo!" and so forth... it was cute. He got really scared during that filler in which some guy pulls his heart out...

I couldn't wear the kimono to any event 'cause it was fucking raining during the week I could wear it... a good-quality kimono is around 3,000 dollars, so needless to say I couldn't afford one. That one is my host mother's sister's kimono, supposedly a special one you wear for really special ocassions... such as weddings (when you aren't the one getting married, of course) and your 20 year old birthday, 'cause that's when you start being an adult in Japan.

I became 20 years old while being there, so they allowed me to wear it ^_^

Lefty
Fri, 07-15-2005, 04:31 PM
welcome back WD. You most obviously had a kick ass time in Japan. Thanks for the pictures, now my resolve to go to japan before I die has been restored.

NM
Fri, 07-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Welcome back WD, good to see you on GW again i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. From the pics, you must have had alot of fun. That kimino looked really good! Your soooo lucky >_<, I really wanna go there sometime.

Deblas
Fri, 07-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Lucky, lucky you. So how long were you there exactly?

PSJ
Fri, 07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey, welcome back WD. The pictures looks great and that little kid sounds really funny.

Mut
Fri, 07-15-2005, 06:43 PM
What did you get me.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Looking great as usual, nice views you managed to capture. *insert generic anime fanboy envy here*

Also, since you're back, you better start posting like crazy.
I currently feel an extreme lack of WD in my heart, so fill the bloody void!

Sensei Jon
Fri, 07-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Welcome back. Japan is one of the places I would like to go to as well. Along with a bunch of other places of course.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 07-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I was there for three months - two and a half studying, the rest traveling. Lived in Tokyo (best city ever) and visited Nagoya, Kyoto and Nara. I didn't bring any of you anything because I hate you all, so there.

Er, anyway, Tokyo is divided into smaller places... Akihabara really really is every fan's heaven. It has everything... I even found a three-story building dedicated only to anime and videogame soundtracks... I wish I could have stayed so much longer.

I might scan some other photos lately... if I feel like it... and say Terra, deary, I think I said I'd send you some pics you lost or something?

kAi
Fri, 07-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Some nice pics, wish I was there, making people envious and shit.

Psyke
Fri, 07-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Cool pictures and of course, welcome back!

By the way.......... Ultraman Rocks!

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2619/lah18ez.jpg

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
and say Terra, deary, I think I said I'd send you some pics you lost or something?

Oh, do you know how to make a senile swede happy or what?

ChaosK
Sat, 07-16-2005, 06:53 PM
welcome back WD. Wheres the park where 1 of your friends were mistake for a whore?

Board of Command
Sat, 07-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Haha, that must be the only brown guy in all of Japan, unless he's just a well-roasted Jap:
http://img232.echo.cx/img232/6162/School_group.md.jpg

GuardianShado
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:21 PM
hey WD, thanks for the pics. i think i can start usin these as part of the scenery in my lil internet cartoon. generic pics you find online jus seem so impersonal and make the city look like a... well, city. and not really a place where people move around i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif thanks for puttin up ur pics!! XD

SK
Wed, 07-20-2005, 07:37 AM
awesome. makes me want to go to japan even more now.

KitKat
Wed, 07-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Japan's loss, our gain i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Good to see you back, WD.

Very nice photo gallery. Did you suffer any reverse culture shock when you got back home?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 07-20-2005, 08:32 AM
No, that guy wasn't japanese. He's from Pakistan and he's an asshole.

And yeah, did suffer reverse-culture shock... mexicans seem so fucking loud and impolite now! I miss japanese politeness at stores, for instace, yesteday I was made wait like 10 minutes while they got my change. When I finally got it, it was almost thrown to me and the cashier was like "Ok, you got it, can you move outta the way?". If it was Japan they would've been all "::Bow:: We're sorry!! ::bow:: We've made you wait, here's your change. We hope you come again. ::Bow::"
Yeah, and some other things I miss....

Mae
Wed, 07-20-2005, 08:32 PM
But in a polite society you're supposed to be polite too. Difficult for me... I reject formality. Anyway, thanks for sharing your pics. This kimono ones look great, definately a nice keepsake.