PDA

View Full Version : Gundam: True odyssey

Cion
Wed, 07-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Found this when i searched around. From little i could understand it's a Gundam RPG for the ps2
Anyone have more info? Didn't understood so much from the official site.

http://g-rpg.com/index.html

It seems a little promising but what are the chances for a "outside Jap release"?

Digitalgirl
Wed, 07-13-2005, 06:57 PM
it probably depends on the popularity of the game, and how well the games are selling in america.

Psyke
Thu, 07-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Magic Box info here (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0506/game050626e.shtml)

john_doe_107
Thu, 07-14-2005, 06:37 AM
should we be terribly excited about a gundam game?
if so, can anyone tell me a good gundam game for the ps2?

NM
Thu, 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
I really enjoyed playing Gundam 0079: One Year War. Its like Journey to Jaburo except its alot better graphics and gameplay wise. You go through each episode one by one. Its a basic shooter but still pretty fun to play plus you can switch to your beam sword at any time. You also get to play once as Guntank, Guncannon, and theres a first person shooting level (meh, its alright). There are two levels where you get to use the White Base and shoot enemy mobile suits to. Its only in Japanese, however, so who knows if an American release will come. I got mine from Hongfire so when they get back up, they hopefully might still have it.

EDIT: Magic Box info and screenshots (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0502/game050223b.shtml)

Cion
Thu, 07-14-2005, 09:48 AM
This game seems a little diffrent because it isn't based on
a Gundam series. Haven't seen any Gundam rpg before either.

Psyke
Thu, 07-14-2005, 10:54 AM
For a good PS 2 Gundam game try Battle Assault 3 feat. Gundam Seed. Might get a little frustrating when the CPU gangs up 3 other units on you though.

Curium
Thu, 07-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
For a good PS 2 Gundam game try Battle Assault 3 feat. Gundam Seed. Might get a little frustrating when the CPU gangs up 3 other units on you though.

I can confirm that. I'm stuck right now on the mission where Yzak first has the Assault Shroud. The mission itself wouldn't be too hard except for the 2 minute time limit. I'm just not skilled enough to beat Yzak and Dearkka in 2 minutes.

Curium
Sat, 02-04-2006, 07:50 PM
This is a double post, but since no one has posted in this topic since last July I don't care.

Just for anyone interested it is being released in the US this month

http://www.bandaigames.com/games/gundam_mss_and.html

And here is the GameFAQs page showing the Japanese and US names for the game

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/927476.html

kenren
Mon, 02-06-2006, 08:19 AM
rpg huh...

anyway...i unlocked all the mobile suit in battle assault...its worth to play !

Meehlimo
Tue, 02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Yea i dont know if you know but gundam odyssey is under a new name in the states its called MS Saga and its comes out this month the 21st and ull be able to get it the 22nd.

NineTailsKitsu
Wed, 02-15-2006, 05:19 PM
It's a Genre switch like this that usually stains the reputation of a series.....But I suppose there's no worse a stain than the ending of Seed Destiny....

Curium
Wed, 02-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu
It's a Genre switch like this that usually stains the reputation of a series.....But I suppose there's no worse a stain than the ending of Seed Destiny....

So does that mean you intend to try it?

NineTailsKitsu
Sat, 02-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by: Curium

Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu

So does that mean you intend to try it?

......I'd rent it only if they're were nothing else worth playing.

Meehlimo
Sun, 02-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Im only in it for the fact u can make ur own custom ms/gundam.

Aeon
Wed, 03-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Am I the only person that bought this game? If so people go pick it up already it's actually a great rpg. I didn't expect some of the bosses to be so hard(2big zams at once pissed me off so much). It's also long I'm at 43hrs and still haven't reached outer space or seen or heard of Wing, but I do have myself a Zeta, Sandrock, Heavy Arms, Hyaki Shaki, Bawoo, and Shining Gundam for my current team.

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Wed, 03-15-2006, 01:07 AM
i bought it. i have something close to seventy hours invested into it. right now, the party/MS layout i'm running with is as follows:

Tristan - Nu Gundam
Aeon - Altron
Hal - Sazabi
Lapis - Deathscythe
Rezner - Wing Gundam
Bazuli - Heavyarms

i've cleared the moon out (all but the Gamma Base final battle) and whupped the final boss (which, by the way, you don't get Hal in Sazabi until after doing so). currently, i'm working on the Burning Gundam battle, the world map battle icons and antarctica. most of my characters are around level 43.

as a whole, i'm really enjoying the game. it's got a very classic style gundam storyline, including masked character, numerous suits and plot twists. the general pessimism toward playing it is, honestly, in my opinion, the loss of the people not giving it a chance. it's been a long time since i've played an RPG that i dedicated 70+ hours to and still enjoyed... and to top it all off, it's a gundam game.

the joy of obtaining Nu Gundam and Sazabi made it worth it for me... it's even made me start liking the Wing Gundam Custom design with the angel wings, which i never really liked much in comparison to Wing Zero.

and funnels. i'm all about funnels.

i'm honestly hoping it's successful enough to warrant a sequal game with an expanded selection of mobile suits. mind you, 39 suits is pretty decent, but i'd like to see a CGUE or Ginn... even the newer transformables like Saviour or Chaos... and it would be nice if Tallgeese and the Leos were actually obtainable suits, rather than just enemies...

redemption2
Wed, 03-15-2006, 02:13 PM
damn you guys are like way way WAY ahead of me. I've only gotten up to Sandrock, Hiaku Shiki, and Zeta. What's more, I'm stuck fighting Vladi in that Gameshark Zaku. Anyone know where it has an opening to attack? I can't seem to figure out a strategy without getting completely owned before hand. That thing is harder than the Walker Gundam.

And I too would like to see a sequel. Seeing a few of the Seeds, maybe a Crosbone or two, and maybe a Turn A for a joke.

Aeon
Wed, 03-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Redemption you're actually further then me, You prob just didnt get Sandrock and Heavy Arms because they are optional suits. I got one of them from the crash site think it was Sandrock with the lvl3 key card at the crash site where you meet Aeon.(Damn work is boring atm wish I could get an emulator on bb computers)

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Wed, 03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
if Vladi's kickin' yer ass with his black Zaku, leave the area, level up some more, and make sure you have all of your suits upgraded to max level. it takes time and patience, but it's well worth it... it was, in fact, so worth it that when i got Wing, i was irritated with how weak it was... heh... then i upgraded it too and everything sort of balanced out...

yeah, you get Sandrock in the Moon Ark near Marie's place with a L3 Key Card... Heavyarms, Altron and Deathscythe you get in south america at Mt. Trial... after fighting through... Zock Kai x 2, Xamel Kai x 2, Apsalus x 2, and Big Zam x 2 (Heavyarms), then... Raven Red x 2, Walter Red x 2, Grand Red x 2, Devil Gundam x 2 for Altron... then... Altron & Sandrock then Deathscythe & Heavyarms to get Deathscythe...

lots of bullshit. i really don't know if i'll ever make it through getting Burning Gundam and Master Gundam... all of the enemies seem so horribly overpowered... and i've got a seriously loaded posse...

my basic setup is to have Tristan drop Fin Funnels and Full-Repair Alls while Hal and Aeon drop High Funnels... just a matter of keeping up TP...

on the earlier bosses like Vladi, i stuck to high-level boost attacks and kept using TP recovery items. when all else fails, try using Chaff Fields and Beam Fields in the boost techs for Aeon and Fritz. they work wonders against bosses, especially the ones in Mt. Trial. really, using Funnel is great even for one enemy, because it compounds the damage and does more. it's probably Aeon's best non-status attack. also, i recommend Rezner, because she has great Boost techs... and don't go thinking this is final fantasy and that status attacks are worthless. use them on bosses if you can, they work a good percentage of the time. and always armor and power up.

Meehlimo
Fri, 03-17-2006, 01:28 AM
All i can tell you to do is deffend then spam him will everything you got but yea his sonic slasher move is real cheap.

Aeon
Sun, 04-23-2006, 12:06 AM
81hrs and 10mins later I have finally ended MS Saga. Bandai really surprised me with this game after its other rpg's have all been terrible. I was so happy when I finally got Wing, it's so cool seeing it run around the world map.

Meehlimo
Sun, 04-23-2006, 01:17 AM
You go to antartica yet?