PDA

View Full Version : The best opening ever.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Okay, some of you might remember this, but I felt a burning need to post it again to ease our mutual pain in these times plagued by sucky openings *cough* Wings of Shit *cough*.

Basically it's a remade version of the third Gundam Seed opening, Believe. The fact that it's not a real opening is of course evident but nontheless it features quite a lot of damn good editing and stuff. Well I'll say no more and let you enjoy it... Gundam Seed - ZAFT style:

Clicky! (hosted by yours truly for maximum sexiness) (http://valethcosmo.free.fr/gsop3zaft.mpg)

(mpg format and roughly 8 megs in size)

Nyro
Tue, 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Very authentic looking. Was still a bit slow compared to the actual 3rd OP. But still pretty cool.

PS: Terra's Yzakness skill has increased (Infinite) i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm just happy there are more people in the world who realize that Yzak is what Seed REALLY is about!
Seriously, all openings ever should consist of Yzak doing cool poses.

Knives122
Tue, 07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Yzak....I mean Terra you need help, your love for Yzak has taken over your life.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Yzak....I mean Terra you need help, your love for Yzak has taken over your life.

I still haven't had sex with a girl cosplaying Yzak though.
I've managed to get one to wear a white wig, but when I get a knife and want her to make a scar on herself it usually ends up as a lonely night. In the asylum.

OH YZAK, WHAT WOULDN'T I DO FOR YOU

NM
Tue, 07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Figures it would be Yzak all over i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Though the editing you did was really superb Terra! I'd actually pick Believe to be the final ending for GSD instead of "Words of Worth". What program did you use to do all that? And since when did Flay have something for Yzak? lol

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM
lol mate, I didn't do that... I wish I did though.

I am assuming the person used adobe premiere though.
And the Flay x Yzak thing just kinda turned up when Flay got recruited for ZAFT by Rau I guess...
It's strange though, since the only thing Yzak said to Flay was "sit down", and it wasn't in a very romantic way if you know what I mean.

Splash!
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:16 PM
wow whoever put this together sure did a very nice job. But i have to say, there are so many Yzak scenes i dont even remember seeing so much of him in SEED... lol... very well made though
however i was hoping the person who made this would have gone through the trouble of some image editing and shown yzak in SEED mode, i was anticipating that when i saw the seed explode

redemption2
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh man... that was just.... okay... well... I don't think I'm even going to say anything. The Fllay angle was taken WAY too far though.

naruto-kira
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
best OP- believe and invoke.....

Cion
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Pretty good.

If a fan can make a good op like this, why can't a company with more money and better equimpent make at least a decent op? *cough* GSD op 4 *cough*

On a side note: How many hours a day do you search for Yzak related stuff Terra?

KapsLocked
Tue, 07-12-2005, 08:32 PM
That's really awesome terra. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

NineTailsKitsu
Tue, 07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Very nice. Much better than "Wings of Words", anyway.

Psyke
Wed, 07-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Good stuff with the editing..... Pretty funny to see Duel at the begining instead of Strike, but it was nicely done.

john_doe_107
Wed, 07-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Originally posted by: Knives122

I still haven't had sex with a girl cosplaying Yzak though.
I've managed to get one to wear a white wig, but when I get a knife and want her to make a scar on herself it usually ends up as a lonely night. In the asylum.

OH YZAK, WHAT WOULDN'T I DO FOR YOU

dude..lets hear you say that in front of a girl.. you're gonna get a really bad dry spell

intense
Wed, 07-13-2005, 10:28 AM
If Yzak gotten more screen time and etc etc... i would actually believe that this is a real OP. Its THAT GOOD!

Madell
Wed, 07-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Original video of OP 3 of gundam seed is much better i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Wed, 07-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I keep getting an error while trying to download this.

Chris_Xion
Wed, 07-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Absolutely great...i never thought Yzak would be so awesome!But i only got 45 secs of the OP,is it only 45 secs or i had a dl error?
Anyway this is far better even for a fan-made OP than Wings of Words...yux

Digitalgirl
Wed, 07-13-2005, 02:57 PM
lol, this is great

Deamon007
Wed, 07-13-2005, 03:23 PM
its a good parody but I still wonder why there is a shot of "stelvia of the universe" in there

makino
Wed, 07-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Ahhhhhh!! I love this XD However, is it just me.. or I can only download 4mb of the whole thing... I was downloading it.. the total size was 7.98mb.. but then it finishes at around 4mb.. I can only watch 50 seconds or so of it.. i wanna see the rest of this XD

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Yzak is Terra, and Terra is Yzak.
Which did one when overcome become part same together one?

Nai
Thu, 07-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Pretty sexy for a fanmade opening.

And yes, Wings of Words is to blame for the destruction of all my happiness.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Wow, reading that sentence quickly is a complete mindrape.

Motteh
Thu, 07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
nice editing of the opening i must say

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
*brains implodes trying to ponder on the deeper meaning of that sentence*

masamuneehs
Thu, 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Well I'll tell you which ending ISN'T my favorite. This new one, the 4th for Destiny.

It blows! And does that crazy ZAFT pilot have an eyepatch!?! Arr me maty, wheres my parrot?

The song just doesnt match the tone of the series at all... unless it's going to get sugary sweet and everyone's going to see the error of their ways and become friends!

Rey vs. Shinn it appears... damnit Rey, how hard can it be to manipulate Shinn? You're really digging yourself a grave, poor boy...

kinggalaxia
Thu, 07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I know all of you will wanna murder me for this (even Terra) but the 4th opener has grown on me a little and will continue to grow on me.

Now the full song itself, I dunno at all....but at least the opener itself is tolerable for me to watch over & over. It's different, yes, but change can be good. I read in another post (maybe topic) that GSD may wanna have its own identity when it comes to music....and that may be true, considering how at first, it sounded like Seed (duh, TM Revolution) and then it slowly went away from that, starting with the j-rap in Pride to the bouncy-action Bokutachi no Yukue..and now the carefree (altho very NOT Gundam) Wing of Words.

So I honestly don't love it....but I'm not letting it kill my sheer joy for the show.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't call Pride much of a rap song at all, more like "heavy rock song with female vocals and some weird guy doing noises in the background". i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Well opening 4 certainly is different, I'll give them that, and also props for even attempting it.
HOWEVER! when I think about what they -could- have done (read: Realize #2) then all the originality in the world can't hinder my sadness.

Ragnarokblade
Thu, 07-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by: makino
Ahhhhhh!! I love this XD However, is it just me.. or I can only download 4mb of the whole thing... I was downloading it.. the total size was 7.98mb.. but then it finishes at around 4mb.. I can only watch 50 seconds or so of it.. i wanna see the rest of this XD

Yeah, I'm having this prob too, except I only managed about...1.9mb? laughed all the way through the whole 35 secs of it that I managed to get, but I wanna see more! come on Yza...I mean Terra! Why is it not working! Sort it! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-14-2005, 05:49 PM
My only advice is to keep re-DLing it... my host is some french piece of shit server that a friend made me an account at a long time ago. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

So I don't know why it keeps fucking up

fenix000
Thu, 07-14-2005, 10:04 PM
hahaha dam nice opening i really liked it .. it had alot of yzak ! something different and the the timing + music is all cool i wish they made that the opening for GSD.. why did they put some slow ass music !

kinggalaxia
Fri, 07-15-2005, 10:29 AM
oh and one thing I forgot to mention about this opener itself...........GRR, DEARKA X MILLY!! ><!!

I hate that couple beyond belief!!!!

PSJ
Fri, 07-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Why? To me the seem to fit perfectly. Their personalities just match.

masamuneehs
Fri, 07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Hmm.. well I'm going to go and say that for Seed the openings were better than the endings, but in Destiny the endings were superior. Any thoughts?