PDA

View Full Version : (help with) Fushigi Yuugi

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Yo people, since I have a new PC I'm downloading a hell of a lot of anime. One of these is Fushigi Yuugi. I haven't seen it yet but basically I just had a few questions to those who have seen it... (please don't turn this into a spoilerific discussion because I haven't seen a single episode yet)

Anyway, I know that there are 3 OVA series following the TV series. I was basically wondering if these need to be seen in a particular order, or at a set time during the TV series, or some shit like that. Or is it just

"TV Series > ova 1 > ova 2 > ova 3 "

when it comes to continuity?

Finally, post some comments on the show if you feel like it. Like, is it worth the watch and shit like that.

Thanks.

Munsu
Tue, 07-12-2005, 02:52 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing since I'm about to burn the whole series to DVD... I havent watched a single episode either.... but I think that the OVAs are direct sequels instead of sidestories... each in order...

Windice06
Tue, 07-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I believe that OVA epoisdes are sequels of the TV series. I watched a couple of eposides from the TV series, and I think it is an interesting series.

DDBen
Wed, 07-13-2005, 02:39 PM
There are 2 26 episodes seasons of Fushigi Yuugi that are followed by the OAV's. So basically the OAV's are to be watched after the 52 episodes of the TV show. Also make sure you get the omakes as they are absolutely amazing.

Cion
Wed, 07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
There are 2 TV specials too. But they are recaps of the TV series.
Haven't watched them but i guess they may contain some addional footage.

The series is ok but i lost some interest at the end, don't know why.
Haven't seen the ova's yet.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
like mentioned, you'll want to watch the TV series first because the OVA's take place after the TV series and is a continuation of the TV series and in terms of the OVA's the Eikoden is the last one to watch.