PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suit Gundam: MS IGLOO

Rickbee
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Anyone know if episode 2 of MS igloo is out yet the first episode was ok would like to check that out?

PSJ
Tue, 07-12-2005, 01:06 PM
What is MS IGLOO?

kinggalaxia
Tue, 07-12-2005, 01:29 PM
it's an OVA that is totally FMV (for example, it has the same animation as Final Fantasy: Spirits Within) and it adds more story to the original Gundam's One Year War.

Episode 1 whomped ass, showing the Battle of Loum and how Char Aznable earned his moniker, the Red Comet. The events in this ep took place before the rollout of Gundam RX-78....meaning this was a prequel and I have to say, I loved every second.

Big, BIG recommendation for UC fans. lil recommendation to the anti-UC guys, if only for the pretty animation. Search for it on AnimeSuki; it's there.

Darknodin
Tue, 07-12-2005, 06:09 PM
what about people who just don't know much about UC? does it have a nice stand alone story or do you need the background for it?

darkshadow
Tue, 07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
err.... i thought FMV meant full motion video, in other words, ne kind of "video", you mean CGI dont you?

Full motion video, usually abbreviated as FMV, is a popular term for television-quality film or animation in a video game.

i was almost right........

NomoZ
Wed, 07-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Ug...how could you people like that? I am a huge UC fan but that was a major disappointment. The only highlight for me was when char made his little cameo...well his ms anyway. Then physics was way too over the top(battleships zipping around like fighters), it even makes wing look realistic. Plus they made the character movement animation too anime(doesn't work in realistic cg).

john_doe_107
Wed, 07-13-2005, 04:14 AM
hey, where can i find this MS IGLOO?

Phoebus
Wed, 07-13-2005, 07:25 AM
saw DVD layin on one of the bigger sites a week ago or so..wanted to get it, but 3 GB for 20 some minutes...

Kirakun
Wed, 07-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
hey, where can i find this MS IGLOO?

MS Igloo Episode 1 (349MB) (http://evanidus.ath.cx:7420/torrents/%5BCellphone%5E2%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_-_MS_igLoo_01_(DVD_848x480)_%5BF3BB8BB2%5D.avi.torr ent)

kinggalaxia
Wed, 07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
what about people who just don't know much about UC? does it have a nice stand alone story or do you need the background for it?

it's best to have watched the 40+ episode original Gundam series, which depicts the One Year War. Sadly, there is NO good sub to be found. BoxTorrents has it but dub only. Have fun. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Wed, 07-13-2005, 12:08 PM
You can download the movie compilations for the original Gundam, they're subbed. I think the story came across good enough. Of course you didn't get to know the minor characters as good as in the TV show but it was still good.

I don't remember where to find them tho....

Rickbee
Wed, 07-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Ug...how could you people like that? I am a huge UC fan but that was a major disappointment. The only highlight for me was when char made his little cameo...well his ms anyway. Then physics was way too over the top(battleships zipping around like fighters), it even makes wing look realistic. Plus they made the character movement animation too anime(doesn't work in realistic cg).

I Am a major fan of UC also and yea it was kind of slow but when the MS started that fight I was hooked.

kinggalaxia
Thu, 07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by: Rickbee

Originally posted by: NomoZ

I Am a major fan of UC also and yea it was kind of slow but when the MS started that fight I was hooked.

yeah, definitely. I got a tiny bit choked up seeing it. I was like "wow.....the Battle of Loum....thank god this has been animated."

I mean, sure, we all could have (and have) lived without it for decades but damn, it's good to see. ^_^

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
gg fansubs (apparently working with some of Cellphone's people) have released a subbed version of Episode 1 of MS IGLOO

I haven't even heard of this series, but as I'm in a Gundam drought right now, I'm going to give this a shot

GG Fansubs MS IGLOO ep.1 MKV format (http://a.scarywater.net/chopstick/%5Bgg%5D_MS_igLoo_01_(h264)_%5B0896E2BB%5D.mkv.tor rent)

Marcis
Fri, 01-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by: Rickbee
Anyone know if episode 2 of MS igloo is out yet the first episode was ok would like to check that out?
To my knowledge episodes 2 and 3 exist only as RAWs i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

redemption2
Mon, 01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
MS IGLOO episode 2, [gg] fansubs. Go nuts everyone!

http://a.scarywater.net/chopstick/

Marcis
Tue, 01-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Finally!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Let's hope they will release ep 3 soon too.

Inazuma
Fri, 02-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Good 'til the end.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Wow, this thing looks like a huge waste of money to me! The CGI sure is pretty, and the MS action was pretty cool, but everything else about this show sucks. Rather than disregard this anime, I intend to be as critical of it as I can. There are so many flaws that it's more fun to enjoy the badness of it then the good stuff.

The character animation is detailed, but their facial expressions, movements and speech are OVER animated. I felt like everything was so overexaggerated.

Lol. I've never seen a battle cruiser change directions so fast in an anime. That Salamis cruiser turned on a friggin dime and then sped off like a bat out of hell. I always thought that battle cruisers would have better top speed than MS (those gigantic engines aren't just for show after all), but for them to be so agile and quick with acceleration? Garbagy.

Speaking of garbage, do yourself a favor and turn off the sound when you watch this thing. Like I mentioned, the overexaggeration gets really annoying. The characters are all your typical anime cliches and their VAs did little to help give them relatable character. Also, the music is HORRIBLE! The opening song is mediocre, at best, then they have a decent spacy track. But when that battle music came on! Oh my god! No speakers deserve to be forced to play that crap.

Next: The Jorumgand Cannon that is so supposedly special is boasted to have a max range of 300 kilometers. The engineer says that's 10 times a normal cannon's range, making standard beam cannons a range of 30 kilometers. Now, doesn't that sound off to anyone else? Max range of 300 kilometers? It should, because Short-Range missiles have a maximum range of 1000 kms, and ICBMs 5000+kms.

Ok. Now, the first manned spacecraft (1981) went on a mission orbiting the Earth. It travelled 1,728,000 kilometers over just more than 2 days and 6 hours. Math time. That's an average speed of 528 kilometers every minute. Now I can't factor in gravity, because that seems a little slow. But if an old ship can get out of the Jorumgand's cannon in less than 45 seconds, that doesn't make it very good now does it?

Also, when the Special Operations officer threw the engineer to the floor he didn't even bounce. Landed like a pile of rocks. I understand they weren't in Zero-G, but from how high people where jumping it certainly wasn't normal gravity...

Next: the formation of the fleets at the Battle of Loum. The ships in the opposing fleets were not facing one another, but rather "sitting sideways". They all had to turn their guns (mainly mounted on the front of the ship) to either port or starboard side to fire. This formation makes no sense (at least for the start of a battle) for two reasons. 1: All weaponry on the non-combat side is useless. 2. Every damn ship is making itself a bigger target by sitting with its long side exposed. The only reason I can possibly think of to take up such a formation is to make evasive action easier, but that difference is only very slight.

Obvious stupidity: Putting a human gunner in charge of firing the cannon. ...what... the...hell... Of course he missed the first shot! Blatantly disregarding orders and firing (and missing) on his own, giving away their position... Wow.

Episode 2
Great propaganda tape, how original! Doing it like a WWI, WWII propaganda tape. So clever...

Um.. Ok, let me get this straight. Now I know they need to have some premise to have the 603 and that crappy transport ship come into play. But, a battle tank? A tank? A MS is going to tear that thing to shreds! Oh, and what's worse is they sink all of the money into making a prootype of the already scrapped project, just so they can use it once. In the middle of a war you go and waste money and materials on something you already know is going to be useless? Holy freaking shit Zeon (or, rather, the creators of this show) are fucking stupid.

Next, who is going to pilot that useless tank? A dope fiend. No, no I'm not joking. The guy is a smack-head. Nuff said about that.

"Even if a Captain degrades, he is still a Captain. But if a soldier degrades, he is worthless." ... ... Nope, not even addressing that one.

Desert battle was done pretty well. But I don't think any tread tank can move like that... Also, the enemy leader hit him with a couple good rounds from above but the tank didn't get scratched. What the hell kind of armor are they wasting on a project they don't plan on continuing? The Zaku temporarilly was incapacitated from even fewer shots from an inferior machine gun. Oh, and does anyone see a pattern? The gunnery chief, the tank pilot. Gee, I wonder what'll happen to the new character in episode 3?

Where the hell are the beam sabres in this show? The desert battle in particular would have been no contest if the Zakus had charged with Sabres, or even the Heat Axes.

You're better off re-watching 8th MS Team or the original 0079 if you're fiending for one year war action.

redemption2
Mon, 02-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Behold my legendary powers masamuneehs!

Ahou! Ahou! Ahou ka?

I have two things to say:

1. Remember just WHEN the original MS Gundam was made. They were trying to stay true to the physics of THAT universe, not the real one.
2. To quote many of my 4chan buddies... "When someone brings real life physics into an Anime discussion, God kills a catgirl. Please think of the catgirls." YOU MURDERER!

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by: redemption2
Behold my legendary powers masamuneehs!

Ahou! Ahou! Ahou ka?

I have two things to say:

1. Remember just WHEN the original MS Gundam was made. They were trying to stay true to the physics of THAT universe, not the real one.
2. To quote many of my 4chan buddies... "When someone brings real life physics into an Anime discussion, God kills a catgirl. Please think of the catgirls." YOU MURDERER!

Urge...to.. flame... rising!

Wait. Hahah. Did you just quote someone from 4chan? i/expressions/rolleye.gif I don't think I have to even try to make your comment look stupid.

So I believe someone needs to Ahou you my feathered friend. Go watch this show and tell me it didn't suck hairy monkey balls. Yeah it was pretty to look at, but that isn't saying much.

redemption2
Mon, 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM
That's the bonus of being an Ahou Bird, you cannot be any more stupid than you already are. You on the other hand can still be Ahoued to hell and back.

I have watched this show and I appreciate the effort they used. At least I don't bring physics into the deal, unlike a certain catgirl murderer. You want to complain about physics, why don't you talk about the fact that every ship is like "constant thrust = constant velocity" or something about beam sabers. For God's sake you are just too plain picky!

Appreciate it for what it is, a high tech revisit to the times of original Gundam, the breakthrough in the mech genre. And how many CGI shows or movies have you seen anyway? They're all exaggerated expressions and acting to make up for what the show lacks. You want stereotypical? Go watch the abomination known as Koi Koi 7. Watch ANY Anime and you'll find stereotypes somewhere.

Also, just how much time have you spent in a zoo so you know what hairy monkey balls suck like?

Marcis
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Oh, and does anyone see a pattern? The gunnery chief, the tank pilot. Gee, I wonder what'll happen to the new character in episode 3?
Spoiler: He dies. Yes i watched the RAW. He tests new Zeon suit with experimental engine and sacrifices himself to save soldiers fleeing to space from Odessa from some slaughtering GMs.

Where the hell are the beam sabres in this show? The desert battle in particular would have been no contest if the Zakus had charged with Sabres, or even the Heat Axes.
Zakus don't have beam sabres, only heat axes.

You're better off re-watching 8th MS Team or the original 0079 if you're fiending for one year war action.
8th MS also has it's flaws. No show is perfect.
As for CGI i would say that face closeups are terrible, kinda low-res/low-texture shots. Brrr... yucky...
As for the story - Zeon were desperate to develop something to win. They failed. Show shows us that. No complaints.
Anyway - it is a lot better than Destiny unless they fix the story in compilation movies.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-15-2006, 06:22 AM
gg Fansubs has released MS Igloo episode 3 (http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/stats.html?info_hash=4bc9e055af620882a5f8a8493f8f7 e0b25c66d23)

God, I still can't stay away. I suppose it's because I'm a Gundam fanatic. Here's a prayer its better than the last two...

Edit: Finally! Mobile Suits! I was shocked that suddenly they're testing a 'revolutionary' MS instead of some useless thing already slated for the scrap heap! The story even wasn't so bad this time around.

The animation of the Zudahs was great. The battle between the Zudahs and the GMs (I'd forgotten how ugly those suits were) was fantastic, although it ended with cheese. The Balls and the evacuation from Odessa were great to see also.

Character animation was as overdramatic as usual. I want to bitchslap that Asian engineer guy. How annoying...

Anyone know how many episodes of this show are planned?

Edit at below: I did read the subs. I understand what happened, it was pretty clear. I was just saying that my initial reaction was shock that the 603 was testing something billed as 'revolutionary' and important to the war. First episode they were led to believe that the cannon would be an important tool. Zeon never even asked them to fire it to test it! In episode 2 they were told right off the bat that the tank was never going to be used in the war.

This time Zeon doesn't just lead the 603 by the nose. The propaganda tape claiming that the Zudah would surpass the Gundam was shown to Everyone. What surprised me is that they'd give such a seemingly important prototype for the 603 to test after the way they were treated in the first two episodes.

Marcis
Tue, 02-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Six. Three more on their way
And by the way - you obviously did'nt read subs, because you would know then that Zudah is failed design which lost miserably to Zaku I. They just renamed it from EMS-04 to EMS-10 and represented it as suit who can match a Gundam - like a Zaku-type can ever beat a Gundam, they can hardly scratch one, Bernie from 0080 is an exemption.
I consider this show sort of One Year War "historical/documentary" who shows what happened behind the scenes on Zeon side during war.

Inazuma
Wed, 03-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Episode 4 Anywhere ?

Kirakun
Thu, 04-20-2006, 07:41 PM
gg Fansubs has released MS Igloo episode 3 (http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/stats.html?info_hash=4bc9e055af620882a5f8a8493f8f7 e0b25c66d23)

EDIT: My ISP blows, ignore me :(

masamuneehs
Wed, 06-14-2006, 11:47 AM
ggfansubs - Gundam MS IGLOO - episode 4 (http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/torrent.html?info_hash=97bec8fd2d3493b1b5dc4ae34c7 b907b6ea6ea36)

for some reason alot of places are listing this episode as MS IGLOO Apocalypse 0079. I'm not sure what the difference is supposed to be since it is quite obviously a continuation of the rest of the IGLOO series...

as always there's some beautiful animation and a absurdly weak plot and some of the most annoying, poorly voiced characters you will ever encounter anywhere. It's pretty to look at, but that's about all it is.

there were a few 'wtf?'s in this episode, including:

12.03.0079 Planning an attack on Jaburo? Char had already led an assault on Jaburo on November 30 0079... You'd thing Sunrise could keep their dates correct...

Ditching a Z'Gok after the operation? Are you serious? That's the best ampihibous MS in the One Year War...

All the over-acting, the over the top drama.
(http://akito.animereactor.dk:35097/torrent.html?info_hash=97bec8fd2d3493b1b5dc4ae34c7 b907b6ea6ea36)

Rickbee
Thu, 08-10-2006, 01:42 AM
for some reason alot of places are listing this episode as MS IGLOO Apocalypse 0079. I'm not sure what the difference is supposed to be since it is quite obviously a continuation of the rest of the IGLOO series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkRQxbYVqP4
Do I have any clue why it is called this now nope

animus
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
MS Igloo 2 Episode 1 720p - gg (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5Bgg%5D_MS_IGLOO_2_-_01_%5B720p%5D_%5B65AD5176%5D.mkv.torrent)

It's in 720 and looks pretty f'ing amazing.

digitalrurouni
Tue, 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
http://xabin.mine.nu/gg-tracker/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_MS_IGLOO_2_-_02_%5B1080p,FLAC%5D_%5BBA1BB4B9%5D.mkv.torrent

Enjoyable indeed! And thats the link to the 1080p version. I think there should be a 720p version as well...here it is...http://xabin.mine.nu/gg-tracker/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_MS_IGLOO_2_-_02_%5B720p%5D_%5BBC1AD25D%5D.mkv.torrent