PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Proxy

kAi
Sun, 07-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, Haku was cool enought to tell me about this and the little trailer looks cool, and the chick looks mad!

Can't wait for this release!

http://www.ergoproxy.com/

Nai
Sun, 07-10-2005, 12:49 AM
That's some insanely sweet animation. I have no idea what it is all about, but I'm definitely going to watch.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 07-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Looks cool, I'll be watching it.

Lefty
Sun, 07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
God damn I hooked already. This is going to be a big hit. I worry about an early license, but it might just be big enought that people won't care.

Munsu
Sun, 07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
I bet anime-kraze will pick this up, i just have a feeling that they will... so no worries

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
yep, it defintally looks the type of seires anime-kraze would do, so i'll be looking forward to this.

actaully, though, I probably won't get the chance to watch it. i think i better stick with any anime that i might be able to finish before the end of the month.

Mut
Sun, 07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
This looks cool and I really like the style of animation and drawing they used. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Y
Sun, 07-10-2005, 02:40 AM
The director of Witch Hunter Robin? Ouch.

I'll watch the first episode with low expectations.

Arcn3ss
Sun, 07-10-2005, 11:24 AM
It looks sweet to me. Granted I didnt like WHR too much, but Samurai Champloo, and GITS SAC are great animes. Since there are some ppl connected to those animes doing this one, I have some good expectations. Then again I liked Speed Grapher at first ( bleh ) , I'll wait till i watch a few episodes before i make my decision about continuing to watch it.The chick looks cool tho, hell anything with a shotgun has the potential to be cool.

nests
Mon, 07-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Wow looks cool really nice animation but isnt this already licensed

stos289
Mon, 07-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Yep, it has already been licensed (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6951) by Geneon at Anime Expo 2005. Hopefully, someone will pick up this series anyway, it looks like it would be a great anime ot watch.

?igma
Mon, 07-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by: Y
The director of Witch Hunter Robin? Ouch.

I'll watch the first episode with low expectations.

never finished it huh ?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (damn was WHR slow in the beginning or WHAT i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

but dang this animation is really good..as far as I can see i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif (contact-lenses rock ..but still gotta get used to em i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Munsu
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Some trailers got added, and a air date has been set for February 2006

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7787

http://www.ergoproxy.com/index.html

kAi
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:33 PM
lol, i was just about to add this!

aznroyale
Thu, 11-10-2005, 09:50 PM
this is gonna be in my anime list

Noir
Fri, 11-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Saw the 2 trailers.

Looks sweet, though I hope that there is a story behind all that beautiful animation.

nests
Fri, 11-11-2005, 01:53 AM
What the hell was that it looked like a totally differnt kind of anime not that im complaining but it wakes me wonder what its going to be about.
Another thing I hope the animation and detail dont go down as the anime progress like it did in Samurai Champloo.

dark maginn
Fri, 11-11-2005, 07:24 AM
saw the trailers its gonna be good

Darknodin
Fri, 11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Speed Grapher was a nice show... especially towards the end...

on subject...
This looks nice...

Inazuma
Sat, 11-12-2005, 05:28 AM
I'll give this a try.

Looks promising

kAi
Wed, 01-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I think this will be broadcasted on the 25th of February, well that's what I can gather from translating the site.

Munsu
Tue, 01-24-2006, 06:32 AM
Now I see why Anime-Kraze dropped Blood+...

http://www.anime-kraze.org/tor...52EEE9E%5D.mp4.torrent (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_00_Sneak_Preview_Vol._1_%5BE52EEE9E%5D.mp4.torren t)

nests
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Alright I was hoping that a good sub group would have the balls to do it

kAi
Tue, 01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Awesome, it seems we got the subber for this series, I can't wait for releases.

Munsu
Mon, 02-06-2006, 06:43 AM
RAW is out!!! Can't wait for kraze tor release... I hope they fucking finish Monster soon so that they can hurry up with this shit

http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/[Q-R (http://_Ergo_Proxy_ep_01_(WMV9_1280x720_120fps_5.1ch_AAC) .mkv.torrent]http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/[Q-R]_Ergo_Proxy_ep_01_(WMV9_1280x720_120fps_5.1ch_AAC) .mkv.torrent)

nests
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I have been trying to download this for a while to see if it was fake or real. I mean wasnt it supposed to come out on the 25th.

Munsu
Mon, 02-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Humm, you are right... This is probably a fake then... I hope it isn't though...

nests
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I get sound but no image. sounds like is has a lot of action but I dont know I dont speak Japanese it could be fake the resolution is 1280x720 so the file size (271mb) doesnt look correct

badass
Mon, 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
It isn't a fake. There's info on the Ergo Proxy official site about it. It's got the same content that the ep airing on 2/25 will have, but without the OP and ED. Another torrent for the raw. (http://tracker.manga-ton1x.net/download.php?id=573e92b7f9ef36f0c59710b1e9d5c64585 3a4389&f=%5Bwww.HI-RAW.com%5D%20Ergo%20Proxy%2001%20%28704x396%20120f %20DivX611%29.avi.torrent)

nests
Mon, 02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
What player did you use I couldnt get it working

Darknodin
Sat, 02-11-2006, 12:45 PM
what is This????????? (http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/0/98ab6d335694ce4c6313f0bc9c4fac1f574fadaf.torrent)

edit: hehe... this was the special broadcast of episode 1... the series itself will start on february 25th but this looks like it is a real subbed ep! can't wait to see how it goes! (group is unknown to me though -> Jelly Caption Team)

edit II: 1st things first... Is this really a series and not an OVA? because the animation is gorgeous! anyways, here is what i think of the first ep (might be some spoilers, although i doubt anything is important at this point)

Animation and art: DAAAAAAAAAMN, Samurai Champloo was beautiful, but this show blows past it. really well done in the animation department. the art is dark and gritty (good for sci-fi genre) and the main character "Lir" looks cool. also, the way the Proxies move does showcase that they are indeed powerful

Story and Environment: okay, not much can be said about the story for now. Set in the future, some sort of humanoid thing called a "Proxy" escaped from somewhere. one thing that i also read somewhere else, the future world in which the show is set is FULL of cliche things about sci-fi, like androids becoming sentient, love androids, different classes of citizens, etc. there is not much originality there i have to say. but its only one ep and maybe (probably) the world is more screwed up than we think. we'll see.

Characters: interesting characters. I like Lir and her Autorave (Iggy?) and I like the Proxies. other than that, I'm waiting to see what will happen to the other people. the migrant guy sounds like he is weak (although his actions do show some mental strength). Law is totally unknown to me and the Hitler-looking guy annoys me (yes he didn't do anything but... i don't like him).

bottom line. good episode, and great intro for a show! I'll be downloading the real version (with OP by radiohead?) feb 25th..

oh and the translation by that group is not very good. also, when Lir and iggy(?) talk in the car, its normal to have static (i thought my speakers had a problem... they should have made it a more pleasant kind of static)

Koyuki
Mon, 02-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Cool, I'm downloading from SoftSubs now. And OP by radiohead, that's cool. Too bad I'm on vacation when it airs.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Jelly has got to be one of the worst groups I've ever seen.

I'm almost positive it is supposed to be 'Lil', 'Autolaves' and 'Raul' = Law. Admittedly, those are excusable, but overall I don't think I have ever seen a group that does a worse job.

Munsu
Mon, 02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
There will be plenty of good groups doing this when the actual first episode airs... No need to jump in and watch this crappy groups bastardize a series...

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm glad to also be well aware of that. It'll probably even be a show that will be quickly oversubbed. I'm not even sure why they jumped to using a crappy pre-release without the OP/ED.

I just really wanted to see how bad of a job they were gonna do on it.

RPG2000
Mon, 02-13-2006, 01:06 PM
yea, for real, something this good should be watched at its best. The actual release is just 2 weeks ahead, so there is not need to hurry and grab whatever you find on the road....especially, after knowing that you'll find something better at the end.

Koyuki
Mon, 02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Softsub are ok. Well at least for the 4 first minutes. The video quality is really good.

Board of Command
Mon, 02-13-2006, 10:29 PM
This picture is convincing enough for me:

http://img4.anidb.info/pics/anime/10145.jpg

masamuneehs
Thu, 03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Ergo Proxy Episode 1 - Y-F & A-U (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BY-F%26A-U%5D_Ergo_Proxy_01_%5BFF7BBBA2%5D.avi.torrent)

so i can't really figure out which groups the acronyms indicate, but here's a release of episode 1. Hopefully its the one with the OP and ED, tho it'll be awhile before i check as i'm on my way out the door.

Darknodin
Thu, 03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
BakaUpdates says its a group called Yoroshiku...(?)

badass
Thu, 03-02-2006, 03:12 PM
A-U is Anime-United, which is a speedsub group. I know of a couple good groups with plans on this, so I'm just gonna wait.

Munsu
Thu, 03-02-2006, 03:18 PM
From what I have seen from Anime-United in their other releases, they suck ass.

Chaos
Thu, 03-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured...I'll wait for Anime-Kraze.

Board of Command
Thu, 03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
The ratings for this release are superb on AniDB. The Y-F part is Yoroshiku and they apparently did a fantastic job on this sub. I'm downloading right now to check it out.

Fiss240
Thu, 03-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Good episode, a little confusing, but looks to be extremely promising as a series.

Board of Command
Thu, 03-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Damn, this show owns, especially the animation. This is the best animation I've ever seen. The Yoroshiku sub isn't all that bad either.

badass
Thu, 03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
The ratings for this release are superb on AniDB. The Y-F part is Yoroshiku and they apparently did a fantastic job on this sub. I'm downloading right now to check it out.

You're joking, right? Those ratings are retarded.

Board of Command
Thu, 03-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Well I watched their sub and it is decent. It doesn't "suck ass" like someone mentioned.

Kraco
Fri, 03-03-2006, 02:06 AM
It was an interesting episode. Technical aspects were really good, like BOARD_of_command said, and the character design pleasing enough. And detailed. Hard to say anything about the story other than it seems dark and oppressive. Nice. It would be good to learn quickly something about the characters, though, and why they are doing what they are doing.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-03-2006, 10:09 AM
oh my god the opening quote is in Italian!
and what's more, I've seen it before, on a statue made by Michelangelo adorning a tomb in Florence!! Can't remember who, but I think he was from the Medici family...

The translation in the sub is very close, but it has a couple errors. It should be:

Dear/precious to me is sleep, and even more (precious) L'Esser* of stone,
while the wrong and shame endure/remain.
To not see, to not feel/sense, is great fortune/luck for me,
therefore do not wake/rouse me. Hush, Speak softly.

*The most awkward thing in this sentence is the use of L'Esser (truncated form of Essere). Alone, Essere is the verb 'to be', but putting the article IL (abbreviated to a simple L') in front of it makes it a noun, one with tons of meanings. So the phrase could also be read as : "and even more (precious to me, is) the being/creature/being made/existence/state of stone"

What I find weird about this quote is that it was made as a reply to a contemporary of Michelangelo's who said:

La Notte, che tu vedi in si dolci atti
dormir, fu da un Angelo scolpita
in questo sasso, e perché dorme, ha vita,
destala se non l'credi e parleratti

Translated:
The night, which you see sleeping in a state of grace/ sweetness (dormir goes up here for translation purposes)
Was by an Angel sculpted
In this stone, and although sleeping, has life
Wake her if you do not believe it (that she is alive) and she will speak to you.

In all reality they were just talking about art, sculpture especially. And, upon further investigation, I found that the part sculpted on the statue (the part quoted in the beginning of Ergo Proxy) is only the first part of Michelangelo's reply. The second part is, translated (and this one was a bitch to translate I'll have you know):

The greatest artist does not have any concept
that is not already contained inside of the material
and only the hand that is guided by intellect can arive at this

But if you try to think of this (particularly the part that Michelangelo was responding to) in a more general sense, it is interesting. I wonder what the meaning of the quote(s) will have to do with the storyline...

Oh yes, I enjoyed the episode. I was sorta disappointed with the part of 'Paranoid Android' that they chose to use for the ending theme... so many better parts in that song.

Kraco
Fri, 03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Heh heh. Somehow I get the feeling you would have enjoyed it after the quote no matter what kind of stuff had followed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I find one of the first scenes in the episode to go pretty much hand in hand with the opening quote:

"At that moment... everything came back to me.
All of my creator's evil plans.
No matter what I do I cannot resist them.
However... However...
I must punish them for what they have done.
I can hear the sound... Of Awakening..."

Well, there's not really any need to explain or elaborate, if you think about it a bit. Although this still doesn't really tell what was the meaning for the whole story.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Kraco I remember that line too, but I thought it stands as a contrast with the opening quote. The opening quote (and especially the second half of Michelangelo's verse) seems to imply that the creator has limited power, and that whatever is inherint in the material is the strongest element in shaping how it turns out.

Also, you all know how much I love looking up VAs, and I noticed right off the bat that Pino (the young scientist) had a voice I'd heard a million times. It's because the actress also did Rickert (Berserk), Kohaku (Inuyasha), Riku (Blood+), Mipple (lol, that name cracks me up, Pretty Cure) and -ugh- Relena (Gundam Wing) .... well, that last one leaves a sour taste in my mouth... Can't believe that whiny bitch 'HEEEEEEROOOOO!!!" is the same voice as Rickert 'Sugoi!' Still, a pretty talented voice. The rest of the Ergo Proxy cast is a bunch of nobodies.

badass
Fri, 03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
The italian at the beginning is from Michelangelo's book of poetry, Rime di Michelangelo. Also, as masamuneehs mentioned, it's on the statue Michelangelo made for Giuliano de Medici.

Official Translation:
Sweet is my sleep, but more to be mere stone,
So long as ruin and dishonour reign;
To bear nought, to feel nought, is my great gain;
Then wake me not, speak in an undertone!

I wouldn't read too much into it.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-10-2006, 10:22 AM
http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BY-F%26A-U%5D_Ergo_Proxy_02_%5B51CFF3D3%5D.avi.torrent

Ergo Proxy episode 2. Pretty damn good episode too. Really a beautiful anime to watch, and the story seems promising.

Kraco
Fri, 03-10-2006, 11:30 AM
The word "Conspiracy" would suit this episode, perhaps the whole series, quite fittingly. That's actually very nice, because if build skillfully, they are indeed valuable plot elements.

And very good animation, like masamuneehs said. But I still don't know why all those people were just standing still when other people around them were tossed around like toys. I would have run like hell to take cover somewhere, not just idle and wonder when's my turn to fly head first and smash some windows. That scene could have used a little more animation, really.

darkmetal505
Fri, 03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
episode two was confusing. I want to know why they originally made Proxy. It seems the other one is the guy in the red suit. Who were the guys that broke into the girls house?

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-10-2006, 08:02 PM
the one Proxy (crazy white hair) is the one depicted as breaking out of the lab in the opening scenes. That's the 'made one' as far as I can tell.

Episode 1. Starts with the White Proxy waking up and breaking out.
Second scene of episode 1. Alarm clock, breakfast, toothbrush. Who is waking up this time? It's the foreign engineer, Vincent... Coincidence?

Next scene, a person driving to work. Light turns red, bike loses control and crashes. From a top down view we see the driver, dressed in what looks like Vincent's uniform sprawled out. Narration begins: 'At that moment everything came back to me... all of my creator's evil plans...'

And from the end of Episode 2, it looks like Vincent has just been trying to be a normal guy, but he really is something much more. Also, the words written on his charm that Lil(Ril) finds at the end of the episode seem to be the quote from the opening. I couldn't get a good view of it though.

The 'second' Proxy is the one who assaults Lil in here home and begins crying while looking at her. One of the Auto-Raves said that Vincent probably harbors emotions towards her (Lil).

Speculate all you want, but from where I stand Vincent is definetely the second Proxy. How he came to exist however is a totally different story... It was mentioned he is a foreigner, so I see him as being made by a different group than those that made the White Proxy. Then again, that assumes that the Proxys are recent, and not ancient beings (which i feel they probably are)

NeoBear
Sat, 03-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Man this show is out there no one is going to contest wieather or not the visuales are wonderfull but its hard to get a feel for wuts going on, all i can say is the part wear the mom/baby died was hardcore i felt like time was standing still its like you could see it coming but you couldnt look away

Board of Command
Sat, 03-11-2006, 07:25 PM
This show is godly and its animation is also godly.

I like your analysis, masamuneehs.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Notes on Ergo Proxy episode 1 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BY-F%26A-U%5D%20Ergo%20Proxy%2001%20notes%20%5BF6743012%5D. pdf.torrent")

Its basically just a little bit of info on 'Cogito ergo sum' and the name of the Cogito virus. Then there's a bunch of translations of the opening quote and the history of the quote. Most of that info was in my post above.

What's interesting (and I can't believe I missed this) was that they noticed that in Ergo Proxy the Donov Mayer (Lil's grandfather) has an office that is essentially a copy of Palazzao dei Medici, the place where Michelangelo's quote is written underneath a statue. It was really poor oversight on my part since I've actually recently been to that palace (but, then again, the actual Palazzo is very bright and well-lit while Mayer's office is incredibly dark...)

Nothing that noteworthy, but I'm glad they're making an effort to catalogue some of the more subtle, easy to miss details about this show.

Edit: Notes on Ergo Proxy Episode 2 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BY-F%26A-U%5D%20Ergo%20Proxy%2002%20notes%20%5B350D290B%5D. pdf.torrent) also out. Haven't read yet.

suckitdry
Sun, 03-12-2006, 08:17 PM
i try watch this show. sounds good and I like radiohead. They do opening son right?

Munsu
Tue, 03-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Time to start deleting those shitty versions you guys have been downloading, and go download the Anime-Kraze version

Episode 1 xvid

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_01_%5BA3A8DD76%5D.avi.torrent

Episode 1 h264

http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_01_%5Bx264_AAC_5.1%5D%5B00E3E94A%5D.mkv.torrent

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-14-2006, 02:30 AM
sweet! glad to see someone else is doing this show. I appreciated the efforts that YF-whoever were putting in, but Kraze is certainly the way to go!

edit:

YF-AU Ergo Proxy episode 2 in .mkv format (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BY-F%26A-U%5D_Ergo_Proxy_02_(1280x720)_(H264-AAC5.1)_%5B68BE84B6%5D.mkv.torrent)

Munsu
Tue, 03-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Humm, the main character is pretty hot... the final 5 minutes or so were great.

Aside from that, the first episode didn't have much to talk about, though it was simply just stetting up the setting for the series.

Kraco
Wed, 03-15-2006, 03:12 AM
The third episode is actually released:

Episode 3 - Anime-United & Yoroshiku (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BY-F%26A-U%5D_Ergo_Proxy_03_%5B573CC420%5D.avi.torrent)

Knives122
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:02 AM
This show is pretty cool. I gave up Black Cat for this.

I also like how they didn't make the autoraves godly.(see jumping off ledge scene).

I'll definately be watching this

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Eps 3:

From what it seems like, the statues in the grandfather's room are autoraves. VERY powerful ones. It seems like they may in fact be running the city, since I don't think he's ever actually said anything. It seems that autoraves speak for their masters a lot. Lil comes off weird in the society that she ignores Iggy so much. Even Raul's autorave speaks for him and tells him what to do.

Pino did some very weird things as infected. She knew exactly where to go, and even how to get outside, and it seemed like no one else could figure out how she did it. Very interesting. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of her. Far weirder was how she contracted it in the first place. Was it the death of her master, the death of the child and her master, or her proximity to Proxy that infected her? Very cute though.

So Romudo is a floating city. Interesting. Why the mention of 'contanimation' from the outside? Iggy was very fast to slap a breath mask onto Lil. Something is wrong outside. Now we are left to wonder what it is.

So far, excellent series.

Board of Command
Wed, 03-15-2006, 11:02 AM
If anyone got the Ani-Kraze version, how much better are their subs than Y-F? I find Y-F pretty decent and unless Ani-Kraze can somehow compensate for their slow speed *cough*Monster*cough* I'll stick with Y-F.

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM
The video quality seemed a little better with a-kraze over Y-F, but not anything significantly enough to warrant that long of a wait. I honestly expected something like an HD raw from them (since EP is broadcast in hd). The subs are about the same. Y-F has notes too whenever EP uses non Japanese phrases that they leave in whatever language it's in. Anime-United does terrible work usually, but since teaming up with Y-F they do a very admirable job.

I'd say A-kraze for archiving, and Y-F is fine for watching.

darkmetal505
Wed, 03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
episode three was awesome. Looks like Vincent might have died, but I doubt it because he was the other Proxy. The city is in the sky, crazy, reminds me of the movie Dark City.

Knives122
Wed, 03-15-2006, 03:56 PM
just finished ep 2.(about to start 3) and the last 12 min. of it was sick(the good kind). I'm really loving the realism aspect this show spits out

Board of Command
Wed, 03-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Again, ep 3 poses lots of new questions.

Knives122
Wed, 03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
episode three was awesome. Looks like Vincent might have died, but I doubt it because he was the other Proxy.

His eyes, voice, and appearance changed, and in the big book of anime rules, when that happens you survive anything.....:p

Yukimura
Thu, 03-16-2006, 04:38 AM
This series seems pretty cool, but it's so damned dark. Does anyone else have trouble seeing whats going on sometimes. I don't know if its me, my system, or just the way it is.

Iggy rules, these 'auto-raves' seem similar to the robots from the movie I, Robot but improved about a decade or so...and with cyborgness to boot. Hope this series starts to make more sense though, right now it just makes my head hurt from all the questions.

Board of Command
Thu, 03-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Maybe your monitor brightness/contrast is set too low. The picture looks fine to me.

Tsukasa
Fri, 03-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow, just wow this anime is damn good.

Kraco
Fri, 03-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder when the balance will begin to shift; right now new episodes only bring more questions and answer few. Not that I would have anything against such a trend, but it would be nice to achieve some sense of purpose in the show. Now it's like real life: Nobody knows the big picture or exactly how to achieve what they want, they just do their part and probe around here and there.

aznroyale
Sat, 03-18-2006, 12:37 AM
is this series good? and which sub is good?

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-18-2006, 12:52 AM
The video quality seemed a little better with a-kraze over Y-F, but not anything significantly enough to warrant that long of a wait. I honestly expected something like an HD raw from them (since EP is broadcast in hd). The subs are about the same. Y-F has notes too whenever EP uses non Japanese phrases that they leave in whatever language it's in. Anime-United does terrible work usually, but since teaming up with Y-F they do a very admirable job.

I'd say A-kraze for archiving, and Y-F is fine for watching.

I'll admit it's on a previous page and you don't want to risk getting spoiled, but...you have to expect this question to be answered at least once in a series thread.

kAi
Sat, 03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Shinsen have now released their version of this. Get it from their IRC channel or
Ergo Proxy - 01 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_01__%5B8FD610AE%5D.avi.torrent)

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
First episode by Nanashi-Paragon, I would think it's worth a look...

http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/d2df3921558ffabcd7a726c3310dc629f53ce4c8.torrent

seanos
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Bah, too many (a-kraze/nanashi) good releases of one thing *flips coin*

Munsu
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Without looking at the releases, I would pick Anime-Kraze no questions asked...

I'm going to give the Nanashi-Paragon release a try since some friends of mine worked on it, so I'm gonna check it out.

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Yoroshiku Ergo Proxy 4 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BYoroshiku%5D_Ergo_Proxy_04_%5B8E7CC625%5D.avi.t orrent)

NeoBear
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:47 PM
never herd of that group are they any good?

Board of Command
Thu, 03-23-2006, 11:56 PM
It's the same group as Y-F/A-U but for some odd reason there is no A-U tag for this week's release. I'm downloading right now to see what the hell is going on.

To answer your question...are they good? I've watched the first 3 eps released by Yoroshiku and I'm impressed by the video quality. I can't judge the translations since I don't know Japanese, but to me the subs are very understandable. Naturally there will be people like Bud who avoid no-name groups religiously, but to me, if it's watchable it's good enough. Hope that answers your question.

NeoBear
Fri, 03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
It's the same group as Y-F/A-U but for some odd reason there is no A-U tag for this week's release. I'm downloading right now to see what the hell is going on.

To answer your question...are they good? I've watched the first 3 eps released by Yoroshiku and I'm impressed by the video quality. I can't judge the translations since I don't know Japanese, but to me the subs are very understandable. Naturally there will be people like Bud who avoid no-name groups religiously, but to me, if it's watchable it's good enough. Hope that answers your question.

if its the same group as Y-F/A-U im in the same boat as you tag just looked wierd i just dled it too and im fine with it this is a pretty decent series

Kraco
Fri, 03-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Aside from the coma induced dreams, I feel this series took a good step to a more clear direction. Well, not too long a step, because gothic shows aren't meant to be cyrstal clear, but just more and more questions piling up isn't nice all the way through.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-24-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm really starting to like Pino's character though. She's become more and more human, plus she's really cute. She seems to really be trying to get Vincent's attention all the time, just like a real child at the age she looks like would. She's trying to get the affection and love a child recieves she could never get from her master.

I can't help but think that no matter what Daedalus said to Lil, that Lil isn't going to see a word of that report. By the way, is Daedalus a he or a she?

Kraco
Fri, 03-24-2006, 07:40 AM
By the way, is Daedalus a he or a she?

Heh. A Good question. I always used to think it's a she, but after the scenes where she (or he) is shown standing, I have to say the figure is not overly feminine. That's indeed something that caught my attention, as well.

darkshadow
Fri, 03-24-2006, 08:00 AM
[zector]Anime-United has dissolved and everyone but two members joined Yoroshiku instead.
[zector]The projects Tactical Roar and REC will be redone, correcting errors and using higher quality raws.
[zector]Ergo Proxy will be continued by Yoroshiku and we plan on taking on more projects shortley.

Board of Command
Sat, 03-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Well good luck to you guys and keep up the awesome job on Ergo Proxy.

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-04-2006, 01:08 PM
been awhile huh? Ergo Proxy episode 5 out by Yoroshiku, avi format (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BYoroshiku%5D_Ergo_Proxy_05_%5BAF279E97%5D.torre nt)

darkshadow
Tue, 04-04-2006, 03:29 PM
For those who are wondering, the HD releases are on HOLD for the moment, they must be busy with the other projects

badass
Tue, 04-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Well good luck to you guys and keep up the awesome job on Ergo Proxy.

I'm pretty sure nobody here is with Yoroshiku. If you wanna kiss their ass for releasing Ergo, you should go to their IRC channel or site.

Kraco
Tue, 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
A decent episode. Didn't advance the plot overly much, but at least it cause a convergence of the two plotlines. Perhaps. Well, after this episode the old man who (supposedly) cured Vincent looks somewhat dubious. It seems a bit like he's just making up clever sounding stuff in order to appear useful.

Board of Command
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody here is with Yoroshiku. If you wanna kiss their ass for releasing Ergo, you should go to their IRC channel or site.
Actually *somebody is* because I got a negative rep for *someone* misunderstanding one of my previous posts and the comment had the word "we". Kiss up? It's not like I get special ultra-quality encodes on a toasted bun for doing so. And it's not like if people don't kiss up they'll stop releasing them. I don't know what the hell your problem is, all that happened was *someone* misunderstood my previous post and I'm just making it clear that I'm not saying anything negative about Yoroshiku. If you're too big of a jackass to go look for my post, here it is (conveniently on the same page, 5 posts above the one you quoted):

So please, if you're gonna troll, do it properly. Positive rep'd you for good attempt.

And to get back on topic, the scene with Proxy was kinda strange. He flew out of the river but when Lil looked down, Vincent was exactly where he should have been. Does Proxy become a separate physical body at times, or does he purposely place himself back in the right position to avoid suspicions? Again, another question posed by this series.

kAi
Wed, 04-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Anime Kraze has released Episode 2 (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_02_%5B96DABC29%5D.avi.torrent)

badass
Wed, 04-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Don't get your panties in a twist. Just informing you of the obvious: saying "keep up the awesome job" to the groups here is basically pointless.

Edit to below: They aren't. You mistook the rep message.

Board of Command
Wed, 04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
How is it pointless if they are reading the post?

Munsu
Wed, 04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Not that I care for this shitty discussion, but maybe the "we" you think is alluding to a fansub group was infact a "we" representative of "the people like Bud".

Anyways, the discussion stops here...

Styles
Wed, 04-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I just downloaded 1-5, it seems like a pretty coo anime so far. It's a little confusing but I'm sure by the end then will be cleared up. (Hopefully) And am I the only one that think the intro theme song kinda sounds like the the theme song to Smallville?

darkshadow
Wed, 04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
it seems yoroshiku is in some kind of pinch:
[~Grv] Yoroshiku are in URGENT need of a japanese to english translator for Ergo Proxy (the continuation of the project is dependant on it)

hmm thats bad!

Board of Command
Wed, 04-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Damn, and all the other groups are so slow.

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-05-2006, 09:05 PM
just decided to scrap Yoroshiku and patiently wait for the Anime Kraze releases. ...as such you won't see me posting much in this topic, as I'll be some distance (months?) behind the rest of most who watch the speed subs...

Board of Command
Fri, 04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Episode 6 - Anime-Jiyuu (http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/c75313531ba13c956fffdc9ecee2dc31ef1bf321.torrent)

I think I'll check out this group's release. Looks like Yoroshiku is having some issues right now.

Chaos
Fri, 04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Episode 6 - Anime-Jiyuu (http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/c75313531ba13c956fffdc9ecee2dc31ef1bf321.torrent)

I think I'll check out this group's release. Looks like Yoroshiku is having some issues right now.

I think I'll check out their release as well. I haven't heard of them before, though it seems they've subbed Ergo Proxy from the beginning. I personally really like this series...it has enough plot holes to make it work.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Okay, episode 6 answered one fo the many questions - Director Raul is the other proxy. But then again, haven't they already found the dead body of the other proxy? So if Raul is the one Vincent was fighting, it means there are actually 3 proxies...?

I loved the last part of this episode when the cheerful music was playing. Showed excellent contrast between what the citizens in Romdeau are experiencing and what's happening in the real world.

Yukimura
Sat, 04-22-2006, 01:48 AM
Man, this show just stays confusing no matter how many times I watch it. With Hude lying with nearly every word, and no one else saying anything I can't follow what's going on in the least.

Anyone know where those people on the boat are trying to go?

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
episode 6 is out by Yoroshiku

Ergo Proxy episode 6 - Yoroshiku- avi format (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BYoroshiku%5D_Ergo_Proxy_06_%5B8B7340CC%5D.avi.t orrent)

Board of Command
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Episode 7 - Anime-Jiyuu (http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/6c8488b1890c8688fd10e38c9ae247d79d84194f.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM

How was it? Although it would need to be better than Yoroshiku's for me to change, since it looks like Yoroshiku is releasing only with a little delay - they released ep 6, after all.

Lucifus
Thu, 04-27-2006, 04:28 PM
:D Downloading at the moment, I am really liking this series.
Edit: Excelent episode in my opinion.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
How was it? Although it would need to be better than Yoroshiku's for me to change, since it looks like Yoroshiku is releasing only with a little delay - they released ep 6, after all.
The quality is pretty good, I'd say on par with Yoroshiku. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. Translation styles are very similar.

Episode 7 was an interesting episode. Now I'm really leaning towards Raul being the third proxy. Only problem is that if Raul was the one chasing Vincent in the mall, then he looks exactly like the proxy in the lab, which doesn't make much sense. Hard to speculate on what's going on at this point.

And has anyone noticed that Vincent looks very different now after meeting Lil outside Romdeau? His whole face seems to have changed in addition to his hair. And Lil looked very different without the pale face and the stuff on her eyes.

NeoBear
Fri, 05-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Episode 8 im of to school enjoy hommies

http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/f013e53d5ea07e184b78abfaa07dc23dd5e42325.torrent

Death13a
Fri, 05-05-2006, 03:39 PM
EXCELLENT episode lots of action and questions answered/confirmed. at end it was nicely showed by cards expecialy spades. and you can quess right now which card is Vincent.

Knives122
Fri, 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Great ep. seeing a person get hit with a helicoptor did the episode for me. And the hair proxy was pretty cool as well, but as we all expected Vincent is the Proxy that not only killed the one that was in Dedars holding space, but also broke into LiLs house.

But the cards confused me for some reason. How many proxys are there? There might be around 7 if I counted right or something.

And then theres the blonde guy that picked up Vincents card, this just keeps getting better. :D

Board of Command
Sat, 05-06-2006, 02:58 PM
It was interesting how the hair proxy had a mask. Now that I think about it, I think the one chasing Vincent in the mall also had something covering its face. Not necessarily a mask, but something covering its face. Vincent proxy doesn't seem to be wearing a mask at all, so I'm guessing he's a special proxy? Maybe he's the original proxy and all the others were man-made, hence hair proxy's human face.

darkshadow
Sat, 05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
according to episode seven her name is REAL, not lil, just so you know, and according to that same ep, she died from that autorave attack aswell ( just read her "death certificate" ), but i think that is just staged so she has a bit of more movement freedom inside romdeau

Darknodin
Sun, 05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Vincent might not be the Proxy... yea we are led to believe that...but he might not be.

jinrohz
Mon, 05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Is there a soundtrack release for EP? Or will it be releasd in June?

AlterEgox5
Mon, 05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
I was putzing around on Amazon.com the other day and found it...but it's not here. It's over $30 and imported, so I guess it depends on how patient you are. Even then it says it won't be released until May 30 and I don't know how reliable that is, but I like to think that Amazon.com is somewhat on the ball.

Edit: And I think I liked it when her name was (as we all thought) Lil instead of Real. I'm personally a little tired of name puns, it gets boring.

Death13a
Tue, 05-09-2006, 02:37 PM
episode 9
Click here to get it (http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/c3f48ac9c654603cf36d9b9d22bb91beb8f8e591.torrent)

well i already finished watching it and it reviles lots of info about proxy.

Each proxy is emissary of something. It gets more intresting.

Lucifus
Tue, 05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Excellent ep, better than the last in my opinion. I guess Real or lil or whatever her name is, is Vincent significant other...

"My name is Ergo Proxy" "I am the emmisary of Death" That was kool........:cool:

Board of Command
Tue, 05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Vincent might not be the Proxy... yea we are led to believe that...but he might not be.
There is absolutely no doubt that Vincent is proxy. We are not "led to believe that", the transformation was shown in ep 8.

However, what we were led to believe before was that Vincent transforms to proxy willingly, but ep 8 shows that he is clearly aware of his transformation and does not enjoy it one bit.

Episode 9 was interesting. New question comes up: who is Monad? Another proxy?

AlterEgox5
Wed, 05-10-2006, 01:08 AM
So Anime-Kraze has just let out their Ergo Proxy ep. 3. I know there's been some discussion on this already, but does anyone have any definitive evidence of which sub is better than the other? Right now I think I have three different groups for Ergo Proxy on my comp. I'm trying to snatch up as many as possible before I graduate because once I do, my high-speed internet connection is going to go bye-bye and I'll be stuck with a modem (hence, no downloading as it ties up our only phone line and my dad would not appreciate that, heh). But hey, I figure I might as well get the best of the best (you know, trade out one version for another) before I go. Any thoughts, or is it basically opinion in the end?

Darknodin
Wed, 05-10-2006, 11:04 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that Vincent is proxy. We are not "led to believe that", the transformation was shown in ep 8.

However, what we were led to believe before was that Vincent transforms to proxy willingly, but ep 8 shows that he is clearly aware of his transformation and does not enjoy it one bit.

Episode 9 was interesting. New question comes up: who is Monad? Another proxy?

Yea... I remove what I said...
I think Monad was the other Proxy in Romdeau (its called that in ep 7). it was daedalus saying it... so he might be wrong

darkmetal505
Thu, 05-11-2006, 04:34 PM
So Anime-Kraze has just let out their Ergo Proxy ep. 3. I know there's been some discussion on this already, but does anyone have any definitive evidence of which sub is better than the other? Right now I think I have three different groups for Ergo Proxy on my comp. I'm trying to snatch up as many as possible before I graduate because once I do, my high-speed internet connection is going to go bye-bye and I'll be stuck with a modem (hence, no downloading as it ties up our only phone line and my dad would not appreciate that, heh). But hey, I figure I might as well get the best of the best (you know, trade out one version for another) before I go. Any thoughts, or is it basically opinion in the end?

yes, Anime-Kraze is the best, get as much as you can from them.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Anime-Jiyuu isn't bad at all, and the fact that Ani-Kraze is 6 episodes behind everyone else isn't doing them much justice, despite how "good" they might be.

Strike Freedom
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:54 AM
http://tracker.minglong.org:8080/index.html?search=nipponsei

It's the link to the soundtrack by nipponsei

NeoBear
Sat, 06-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Ep:10

http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/fe78b68a7e13e60c701d4b8933e6793038f8a96c.torrent

Death13a
Sat, 06-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Good episode. More questions and more less answers. last part with newspaper robot made me laugh.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-03-2006, 06:40 PM
So now Real has Proxy killing bullets? What's that sketchy director up to? Wha's the council up to? There so many mysteries in this show...but, Daedalus is a guy, I can finally be sure!

NeoBear
Sat, 06-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Daedalus is a guy, I can finally be sure!

I know i was wondering about that my self for so long =D

Board of Command
Sat, 06-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Good episode. More questions and more less answers. last part with newspaper robot made me laugh.
You know, that scene might have some significance to it. Remember, a proxy is the heart of each "dome". Right after Real leaves the dome, the robots all go out of wack. This makes me wonder if Real is a proxy.

Daedalus called that proxy inside the tank "Real", and called the actual Real a "specimen". Maybe Real is an experimental replica of Monad? (that's Monad in the tank right?) That might explain why Vincent targetted her in the very first episode and gazed into her eyes like he did with the hair proxy. The one thing I'm certain about is that Real is not a normal human.

Death13a
Sat, 06-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Well there got to be emessary of life/red joker. Maybe Real is it.

darkshadow
Sat, 06-03-2006, 11:23 PM
neobear, why did you only link to the torrent, arent you aware they have ddl too?:
http://www.anime-jiyuu.org/DDLs/

Roxy
Tue, 06-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Daedalus is a guy, I can finally be sure!

im glad that was cleared up haha. but it seems the director's got a thing for boys!

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 02:46 PM
neobear, why did you only link to the torrent, arent you aware they have ddl too?:
http://www.anime-jiyuu.org/DDLs/

er um i have no idea what you are talking about hommie if i did something wrong please explain and ill be sure to fix or not do it in the future

darkshadow
Tue, 06-06-2006, 04:39 PM
no you didnt do anything wrong, its just, the eps are available at there ddl site too.
so it wouldve been nice if you linked to that too, but you probably didnt know about it.

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah I have no idea what that is do you mean like linking from the site of the group that subbed it? I can do that in the future or at least make sure I post which group its subbed buy.

darkshadow
Tue, 06-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah I have no idea what that is do you mean like linking from the site of the group that subbed it? I can do that in the future or at least make sure I post which group its subbed buy.

no no no, is it really that hard to understand?
in this post:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showpost.php?p=298638&postcount=131

you posted a link to the torrent, BUT this group doesn't only have torrent downloads, they also have ddl downloads, which can be a lot faster for some people, so linking to both of them would've been nice, but you obviously didn't know about it so it's ok

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 08:09 PM
what is a ddl bro i have no idea can you link one or something?

darkshadow
Tue, 06-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Rofl, that link i posted had DDL in it didn't, you could've just clicked and found out.
ddl stands for Direct DownLoad.

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 08:44 PM
what? how is that difernt it looks just like a torrent it brought up my bit commet, show some love bro lol

darkshadow
Tue, 06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Omg, what link did you click, im obviously reffering to this one:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showpost.php?p=298674&postcount=137

so you are saying that if you click a link in there it comes up as a torrent in bitcomet???

darkshadow
Sat, 06-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Double post to show new ep.

ep11 by shinsen-subs:
http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_11_%5B4EC034D7%5D.avi.torrent
http://www.mininova.org/get/336062

Yukimura
Sat, 06-10-2006, 06:40 PM
I didn't even realize Shinsen was subbing this till now, and it looks quite good to! Anyway, as always this series has fucked me in the brain some more. I'm somewhat ashamed but I occasionally consider dropping this, since it's just so weird and confusing to me personally. This episode is certainly no exception, but I think i'm getting it more even as I type this out...I think the moral of the story is that Vincent accepts that he's Ergo Proxy now, but still doesn't know anything about himself or his past.

I should write posts when I'm confused more often.

Death13a
Sat, 06-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Nice episode... need to rewatch it later to undestand it more and ending song fits the episode perfectly.

Roxy
Sun, 06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who was confused. :)

Cabewse
Tue, 06-13-2006, 05:14 AM
I'm sure it'll all come together sooner or later. Vincent is confused as hell, why shouldn't we be as well?

Cabewse
Thu, 06-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Episode 12 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_12_%5B822687D5%5D.avi.torrent) released my Shinsen.

I'll wait for the h.264 version though.

:edit:
HD Version (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_12_%5BH264_AAC%5D%5BFCA81AA4%5D.mkv.torrent)

I'll watch this when I get home from work.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Ergo Proxy 13 - Anime-Jiyuu (http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/5dfdc590f84c0bad4ebbe2bca9c536fa6382728d.torrent)

Anime-Jiyuu is once again ahead of Shinsen.

Cabewse
Fri, 06-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Episode 13 released b Shinsen.

Episode 13 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_13_%5B440AABFC%5D.avi.torrent)

Episode 13 HD (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_13_%5BH264_AAC%5D%5B73B85858%5D.mkv.torrent) (aka the reason to wait for shinsen, well, that and the notes at the end)

Jadugar
Sat, 07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Episode 14 by Shinsen

Ergo Proxy 14 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/[Shinsen-Subs]_Ergo_Proxy_-_14_[ED37179B].avi.torrent)

Mr Squiggles
Wed, 07-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I just started the seires and watched the 14 episodes and man I gotta say it's getting pretty wierd. I hope it starts making more sense soon, because at the rate it's going it's turning evangelionlike....

Board of Command
Thu, 07-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Ep 14 by Anime-Jiyuu (http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/torrents/1d022285b0c2d9738923d5ca830e4bd4b801b508.torrent)

This episode has been by far the most confusing one. What were they trying to get at? All the other episodes have a purpose, but this one is just weird.

seanos
Mon, 07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
A-Kraze :
Episode 10 (xvid - I assume) (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_10_%5B4F408CF7%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 10 (h264) (http://www.anime-kraze.org/torrent/%5BA-Kraze%5D_Ergo_Proxy_-_10_%5B1280x720_H264_AAC_5.1%5D%5B2DB67938%5D.mkv. torrent)

Darknodin
Thu, 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM
a new group... Pino
Episode 15 (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_15_%5BEA63839E%5D.avi.torrent)

now... if you thought ANY of the previous eps were weird... well, you will change your mind after this. seriously. and I eerily enjoyed it (I guess i kinda like those shows, and you learn a shitload of things... like the amount of Proxies on Earth(!!!!!))

Munsu
Thu, 08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
"Anime-Jiyuu has been reborn as Pino no Usagi! Come join us at #pino-no-usagi@irc.rizon.net"

Darknodin
Sat, 08-19-2006, 05:56 AM
ooookay. Episode 16 (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_16_%5B48BFBDBD%5D.avi.torrent) was released by Pino no Usagi...

uhm... I feel that this show is truly going nowhere... and I have no idea if something is going to happen before it ends, but my guess is... probably not. however, i can't stop watching! Maybe its like the people watching reality TV. Or maybe it's because Vince is a position that I'd very much like to be (completely carefree) At any rate... in this ep, i was hoping that Vince would carve up Real and eat her, for the food shortage and all. I also find it funny how Pino and him enjoy simple things while Real is worrying about hair, and socks and showers. All and all... this show is starting to disturb me... and i'm really wondering where they are going... but i'ma keep watching.

Edit: here is Episode 17 (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_17_%5B44EE1436%5D.avi.torrent) . Also... I had written 15 before for the last one but it was 16.

Anyways... I was wrong. this ep goes back to the story and... well this was just great! oh... and apparently Pino is more important to the story that I thought. and the world is a messed up place!

Board of Command
Wed, 08-23-2006, 11:18 PM
OMG episode 18 is out - Pino (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_18_%5B5D0FBCD3%5D.avi.torrent)

zibo
Fri, 08-25-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm glad that someone picked up the series, I'd be very sad if everyone just droped it and noone would sub it anymore :)

Darknodin
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Yea... especially since its getting to be pretty interesting again...

Knives122
Sat, 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
These episodes are still coming out? I thought they got throw into the abyss of not caring.

Guess I'll dl them to see what's going on in the story that makes no sense...

Board of Command
Sat, 08-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Guess I'll dl them to see what's going on in the story that makes no sense...
It makes plenty of sense. Ep 15 pretty much clears up everything.

Ok episode 18 was pure awesomeness. Real Mayor = Monad clone. I don't get the part about the pendant though. What was the significance of those two matching pendants?

zibo
Sun, 08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
They we're the keys to that room. Maybe later they will eplain their signifance.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I know they're keys... I'm confused about why it was so important that Vincent and the robot both had the key.

Styles
Mon, 08-28-2006, 02:07 AM
I don't even think the robot had a pendant unless I missed something. I thought that evil looking version of Vincent had one and left it as a clue or something..

Kraco
Mon, 08-28-2006, 04:02 AM
That evil Vincent version was what puzzled me most. Who was it? I just can't fathom why he would be Vincent. If he had lost his memories already at that point, why was he visiting that place? To make sure he wouldn't later get any help from the robot? But if he had already lost his memories, he should have better remembered he had visited the place, unless he has lost memories many times. And if he left one key with the robot, why did he still have one? Unless he had two of them to begin with, of course. Did he leave one key there to remind himself later he had visited the place earlier?

Very interesting. I like this series quite a lot. I even liked a lot the episode where they were just stranded in the middle of nowhere. Such an episode cannot be easy to make, but they succeeded finely in my opinion.

Styles
Mon, 08-28-2006, 04:53 AM
Another question is, why was he crying when he was killing the robot? Only Vincent showed any emotions like that. And if that was the darker version of Ergo Proxy from before, why would he punch a hole in the memories? I thought he wanted Vincent to remember who he was? Or maybe it isn't Ergo or Vincent, but that Proxy One shown on the nightmare quiz show.

eat_toast
Mon, 08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I think that that "evil" proxy shown is most likely Proxy One, as its the only other proxy mentioned thus far, and, on the quiz show he is described as someone who wears black, thinks of Vincent often, cries alot, a successful two timer, and always wins. This fits the profile of a the proxy that went to Moscow and destroyed Vincent's memories. Not to mention at the ending of the show the "victor" picture didnt seem to be Ergo Proxy at all. Something else is bothering me, was the quiz show just a show for the purpose to drive Director General go nuts enough to nuke Moscow? Vincent, Pino, and Real dont even mention it, so maybe that was directed by Proxy One. Vincent/Ergo Proxy must of pissed him off pretty good.

Edit: rewatch ep. 1, in one of the first scenes it depicts a proxy, one that fits the description of Proxy One, and he has a key.

Styles
Mon, 08-28-2006, 09:09 AM
So pretty much we have two emo Proxies running around, one trying to regain his memories and another trying to keep them from him for some odd reason. I wonder how their battle will play out because I'm sure they will fight. (at least I hope.)

Board of Command
Mon, 08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Edit: rewatch ep. 1, in one of the first scenes it depicts a proxy, one that fits the description of Proxy One, and he has a key.
Excellent observation! 2:00 into the first episode we see who likely happens to be Proxy One.

...could Proxy One be Raul Creed? He once said Vincent hurt him, and in ep 18 he says he wants to go back to his "true form." I always had a suspicion that Raul Creed is a proxy. He also has everything to do with the Cogito virus.

zibo
Mon, 08-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I think Creed is most definatly a proxy. Also I wonder what will happen between those 2 later in epsidoes, Will they fight to death ? probably.

Munsu
Thu, 08-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Not reading anything since I just caught up to episode 13 and don't want to get spoiled...

Just wanted to say that the freaking OP and the OP song are awesome, best I've seen in a while. It's actually the only series I've seen the OP for all episodes I've watched.

Board of Command
Thu, 08-31-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the song but it fits the animation perfectly. Together it's one of the best openings I've ever seen.

Jadugar
Thu, 09-07-2006, 03:44 PM
OMG !

Someone has finally picked up this great series. I am so glad.
It went all downhill after episode 14. No body was interested to sub this series, which I think is just absurd.

It’s very interesting and weird at the same time. It has given us more questions than answers and sometime I don’t know what to think and what to believe in.

Very interesting. I like this series quite a lot. I even liked a lot the episode where they were just stranded in the middle of nowhere. Such an episode cannot be easy to make, but they succeeded finely in my opinion.

Couldn’t agree with you more. The two episodes where nothing really happened had so much more like the rest of the episodes.

On a side note :
Real mayor is so fucking hot. A close up of her lips is so intoxicating and Pino’s character is just awesome.

And yes the opening song ROCKS!

P. S. I am just very happy. Can you blame me?

Board of Command
Fri, 09-08-2006, 01:20 AM
On a side note :
Real mayor is so fucking hot. A close up of her lips is so intoxicating and Pino’s character is just awesome.
Top 5 all-time. No doubt.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Ergo Proxy - 19 Pino no Usagi (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_19_%5B68D450C8%5D.avi.torrent)

Lucifus
Fri, 09-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Hellz ya, been waiting for this.
Comment later.

Kraco
Sat, 09-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Quite a bizarre episode. Or not really in the end, but the beginning surely looked out of this world. Actually this was the first episode that left me thinking why it was there. With such an ending, I can't immediately see what purpose it served, or what greater impact it had in the big picture.

Lucifus
Sat, 09-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Yea, this ep was pretty pointless on the storyline. And those cartoons weirded me out.
This ep sucked due to the fact Real barly got any screen time. :(

Death13a
Sat, 09-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Quite a bizarre episode. Or not really in the end, but the beginning surely looked out of this world. Actually this was the first episode that left me thinking why it was there. With such an ending, I can't immediately see what purpose it served, or what greater impact it had in the big picture.

Well we now know for sure that when proxies come near they fight, the 'crests' are important and can be a weakness so they still have a purpose. Well this is what i got from episode. I wander was it ilusion that autoraves were human or were they real human or autoraves that just looked like human? As i understood in that dome there were real humans.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey I've just started watching this series and I'd awesome, I'm really loving it. I just have a few questions.

First of all have all the episodes been subbed yet? From what I can tell from my research the series is done being aired in Japan so I'm curious if all the episodes have been subbed yet.

Which group is doing it now? The episodes are a real bitch to track down so if any of you could provide a reliable link that would be great. I could also need a new copy of episode 14 since the sub I dled was in spanish (Arrgggghhh). I'm so happy for stumbling across such an awesome series. oh one last thing.

PINO IS AWESOME!!! Best side kick ever.

Kraco
Sun, 09-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Right now it's being subbed most reliably by Pino no Usagi (so far up till 19th episode) and Anime-Kraze (till 14th episode so far). There have been a number of other groups subbing this as well, but at least of late their releases have been infrequent. So, the best bet might be to look at these two. You can scan this thread for links to the releases, or search Baka-Updates, for example.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 09-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to be checking this thread for updates. I've dled everything up to 19 (although I do need to get a new non-spanish sub of 14). I guess all i can do is wait for the rest of it to be released.

I am corrent the series is finished airing in japan right? I guess since such a high quality show demands such a high quality sub that the reason why we haven't seen the rest of the series released yet right?

Kraco
Sun, 09-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Not every subber group is a speed subbing group, nor not every series can be the main series being subbed by a group. And numerous other things contribute to the uncertainty many series being subbed by fans encounter. Anime-Kraze is a high quality group, and many of their series have quite a relaxed release schedule. There's nothing strange about that. And it needs to be remembered Anime-Kraze is subbing many series at the same time. I don't know if those series share staff members, but they could.

And yes, Ergo Proxy finished airing last month.

Styles
Sun, 09-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Finally got my hands on this release....and I have to say it was a odd one. (At least to me) A Walt Disney version of a Proxy was the last thing I would of saw coming but it wouldn't be Ergo Proxy if they didn't throw in random strange events like this. lol. (Game show was another) I guess this also shows that not all Proxies are kill, kill, fight, fight, which I guess is cool.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Well we now know for sure that when proxies come near they fight, the 'crests' are important and can be a weakness so they still have a purpose. Well this is what i got from episode. I wander was it ilusion that autoraves were human or were they real human or autoraves that just looked like human? As i understood in that dome there were real humans.
This episode made it pretty clear that Ergo Proxy is a special one and he'll be the one who decides the fate of the world in the upcoming episodes (4 left).

Kraco
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Get your browser's proxy settings in order for the next episode:

Episode 20 - Pino no Usagi (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_20_%5B3858286D%5D.avi.torrent)

Death13a
Tue, 09-12-2006, 01:30 PM
and another episode that breaks sanity with some information that can be picked up if you manage to stay sane.

Kraco
Tue, 09-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Indeed. Very true. Like the previous episode, it makes a lot more sense during the last minute. Well, at least you can explain it if not actually understand... Still, I didn't mind this episode. It was quite interesting in certain senses, though I'd like to know if it was just random dreaming or something like Pino encountered. Vincent seemingly thought a proxy created it, but who knows. Maybe it was just an ordinary nightmare. I was already half expecting it to end with Vincent and Real about to kill each other also in the real world, but I suppose this show is far too classy for such cheap things (fortunately).

Styles
Tue, 09-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't even know where to begin with this episode. I think I might want to re-watch it just to clear things up. Ha. Maybe it was another Proxy playing with his mind, might be the one they are still holding in Romdeau. The woman said that she never took off his pendant and she clearly doesn't like the fact that he's with Real. And how many of those pendants are floating around anyway?

Board of Command
Wed, 09-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow...I have to admit I'm a bit lost after this episode.

Lucifus
Wed, 09-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Goddamn I love this series.:D

A+ episode.:cool: Confusing as hell, but A+ stuff.

Church
Thu, 09-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm lost with this episode... I wonder how we can figure out if this is an actual illusion created by a proxy or just a weird dream...

Board of Command
Fri, 09-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Real asked if she can have the pendant. I think that might mean it wasn't just a dream.

Knives122
Fri, 09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
More like a vision of the future if you ask. Which means Vincent will have to be smart if he doesn't was his ass in a in that research lab.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Episode 21 by Pino (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_21_%5B798EB429%5D.avi.torrent)

I thought this was a really nice touch. As soon as that came up I recognized it from somewhere. What do you know? It's in the first 15 seconds of the OP.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6246/screen1su0.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2388/screen2ty8.jpg

animus
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Man, this anime had such potential and it was pretty good with the action, suspense, drama and what not in the first half. Then everything just started to plummet. What happened? Did the original writers die or quit or something? Everything went in a spiral downwards, sadly.

Lucifus
Sat, 09-23-2006, 12:14 AM
If you thought it went downward, you need to be shot.:p :rolleyes:
Loved this ep.

Board of Command
Sat, 09-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Man, this anime had such potential and it was pretty good with the action, suspense, drama and what not in the first half. Then everything just started to plummet. What happened? Did the original writers die or quit or something? Everything went in a spiral downwards, sadly.
Simple answer: this is not the action-packed series you expected it to be. It shouldn't even be in the action genre.

animus
Sun, 09-24-2006, 02:03 PM
That's not the point, the second half of the series, with all the game shows and randomness just didn't even fit the philosophical and deep feeling of it at all. I expected much more. It had action in it before, and thus should be categorized that way. Whats the point of having beings called proxies, with exemplary strength if they're not going to include their action? The series already had action between the proxy fights, or whatever.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
The game shows and whatnot give a lot of insight into the characters and the world. The main theme in the series is about Vincent's internal struggle with his other self. The title is Ergo Proxy, in other words it's just about Vincent/Ergo Proxy. The other proxies are just there to develop the story and give examples of what proxies can do. In the end it's not about Vincent fighting other proxies.

I said it shouldn't be categorized as action because the fights don't even last that long. All of the fights are only there to develop Vincent's character and fuel his transition from human to proxy. After he accepted that he's a proxy, no more proxy fights were shown. Action series are like Tenjou Tenge, Bleach and Hellsing. Ergo Proxy is very different.

Kraco
Tue, 10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
A double release when we are reaching the end:

Episode 22 - Pino no Usagi (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_22_%5B53CB13C3%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 23 Final - Pino no Usagi (http://pino-no-usagi.edwardk.info/%5BPino-no-Usagi%5D_Ergo_Proxy_23_%5BB16DD302%5D%5BFINAL%5D.a vi.torrent)

Death13a
Tue, 10-03-2006, 05:34 PM
BEST ENDING EVER (the EYES exceptionally) as i was watching i was remembering previous episodes where they were hinting what are proxys and what kind of world they live in.

The main theme (as i understand it) of it was about (highlight->) God and how he used proxies to save humans and then discarded proxies (they die under sun)

One of the best series comes to end ::(

To celebrate the series i made a sig (basic a it my first).

Kraco
Tue, 10-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Uhhuh... God... Well, these couple of last episodes were somewhat more clear and defined than some of the earlier ones towards the end, but many things were still sweetly left in the shadows. I'm still not 100% sure what was the proxies' preplanned programming. Apparently they were tough, superior beings left on the nuclear winter Earth to... do something while the remnants of the humanity were living in space waiting for the nuclear winter to pass.

What exactly the proxies were meant to do, is another question. Were they meant to make sure there would be no competitors left for those returning from the space, or were they meant to build something ready and waiting for the returners. Apparently the proxies at first were building / maintaining the domes, so you could suppose that was their original programmed functionality before they started to do whatever they wanted. So I assume their function was to linger in the harsh environment and perhaps make some preparations so that the returning people would find it easier to settle down. Perhaps all the people bred in the domes were also a part of that plan. I should watch this episode a second time to grasp all the info...

Well, this way or that, it was an excellent and intriguing series. Clearly an intellectual seinen series and not an action or adventure one. And following good Terminator traditions, the ending had to be like that. Jolly good indeed. Despite the bizarre episodes here and there this series left nothing but a positive impression.

eat_toast
Tue, 10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Ahh.... another great series under my belt. I think they did the last two episodes rather well, and it shows how well they constructed the characters because I was actually pretty sad when the director died, with him holding the picture with him and pino......
Now that the series is finished and you get a better idea of what the proxies were supposed to do, did anyone else get a feel of a parallel to some sort of creation story? (I know they babbled on about it) What I mean is I really liked how now it's the beginning of the world again and all that's left is death, just like most other creation stories.... Anyhow imo a great end to a great series, definitely going in archives for future re-viewing.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm struggling with the last few lines.

"Now that several thousand humans have returned to the regenerated earth, the real battle beings. For I am Ergo Proxy, the emissary of death."

The real battle against what? All civilization is annihilated and the Earth is now in reboot mode. But we see those planes coming from the clouds...controlled by who? He's hinting that there's more adventuring to be done, but where to? Everything is gone.

Lucifus
Tue, 10-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Christ, that was a great series. Probably the weirdest I've ever seen but extremly fing great nonetheless.
Agreed with Death13a, one of the best endings ever.:cool:

And instead of spending half an hour writing up my thoughts, I'm just gonna quote Kraco in a nutshell.:D

"Uhhuh... God... Well, these couple of last episodes were somewhat more clear and defined than some of the earlier ones towards the end, but many things were still sweetly left in the shadows. I'm still not 100% sure what was the proxies' preplanned programming. Apparently they were tough, superior beings left on the nuclear winter Earth to... do something while the remnants of the humanity were living in space waiting for the nuclear winter to pass.

What exactly the proxies were meant to do, is another question. Were they meant to make sure there would be no competitors left for those returning from the space, or were they meant to build something ready and waiting for the returners. Apparently the proxies at first were building / maintaining the domes, so you could suppose that was their original programmed functionality before they started to do whatever they wanted. So I assume their function was to linger in the harsh environment and perhaps make some preparations so that the returning people would find it easier to settle down. Perhaps all the people bred in the domes were also a part of that plan. I should watch this episode a second time to grasp all the info...

Well, this way or that, it was an excellent and intriguing series. Clearly an intellectual seinen series and not an action or adventure one. And following good Terminator traditions, the ending had to be like that. Jolly good indeed. Despite the bizarre episodes here and there this series left nothing but a positive impression."

Edit: O, and god am I gonna miss the opening. It was on par with Suzumiyas. Better in a sense.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-03-2006, 11:19 PM
It's definitely better than Haruhi's opening, but not its ending. Haruhi's ending is simply legendary.

animus
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:48 AM
It was good, but it still was kinda confusing right till the end. How did Real-2 have Monad awaken? Was the other Proxy, really Proxy One? Ergo Proxy and Proxy One are the same beings? Real still never manages to use her last FP bullet. And too bad, there was no hint at a blossoming love.

However, I hope there's a sequel, OVA, whatever. Though, I don't forsee it happening with an ending like that.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-06-2006, 09:35 PM
And too bad, there was no hint at a blossoming love.
There was plenty. Vincent regained his memories and knows that Real is Monad. Real also showed signs of Monad awakening inside her when she recalled her first encounter with Ergo. In the end she didn't give up when Romdeau collapsed because she wanted to see Vincent again.

Basically, Ergo meets Monad for the second time (not counting Real-2).

Darknodin
Sat, 10-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Best ending ever...

haha... from what i understood, Ergo Proxy is Vincent Law+Proxy One, while Proxy One is just Proxy One.
There won't be any sequels, but i'd sure like to see the coming fight against the humans (the mood would be different though, i guess)...

?igma
Sat, 10-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Does anyone have the name of the band and/or the name of the song with possibly a direct/BT download to the full uncut intro ? :>

I adore it..somehow ^^

Board of Command
Sat, 10-14-2006, 01:30 PM
It's called "Kiri". You can find it on www.gendou.com

Board of Command
Fri, 10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone know where I can get some high quality pictures from Ergo Proxy? Preferably in excess of 1024x768? (I'm not asking for wallpapers)

KitKat
Sat, 01-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Just thought I'd revive this thread to say that I started watching this series recently, I'm about halfway through, and it's FREAKING AWESOME. I wish I'd watched it before. I knew Vincent was going to be badass from when he chose to fall out of the dome, and we got to see his piercing green eyes. Hopefully the second half of this series will be as good as the first.

Lucifus
Sat, 01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Haha. Congratulations on another superb series under your belt.

Its been two years, and I can't remember much of the plot. I think a rewatch is in order.

Alhuin
Mon, 06-17-2013, 01:04 AM
I can't believe it's been seven years since this series was released. And it's still one of my absolute favorites.

Reviving this thread for a moment because I'm watching it again, and I have the most important, unanswered question of all time ever: Why does Pino's hair change from brown to purple? I've searched for an answer, but even the vast reaches of the interwebs can't supply one. I have a theory that maybe she has multiple hair attachments, or that she simply dyed it to try and avoid detection. I guess a third theory could be that the virus caused her hair color to change, but then there would be evidence of that with the other cases, no?

Anyways, if someone has another theory, or maybe even an answer, I'd love to hear it. If not... well, we can allow this thread to become forgotten once more.