PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Rock

Zinobi
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:07 PM
hey i listen to L'Arc~en~Ciel, Orange Range, Hyde, Flow, and Asian Kung-fu Generation
You guys?

Crows_Kill
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:59 PM
The pillows, anything by yohko kamo, loudness, and more j-popish, maya sakamoto, and hiyashobara megumi

kooshi
Sat, 07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
How about High and Mighty Color? I only know one song that they made for the Gundam SEED Destiny 2nd intro, but that song has been my favorite Japanese song ever since I first saw that. I don't know about their other songs though.

Zinobi
Sat, 07-09-2005, 08:52 PM
i like the pillows also

Tinks
Sat, 07-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I got to see The Pillows perform in Chicago in May for their only American show and their first in over 10 years, the new album is pretty good. But their show was sooooo good

Psyke
Sat, 07-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Not necessary rock, but mostly jpop that I listen to: Morning musume, Biyuden, Berryz Koubou, Matsuura Aya, Tommy Heavenly6, ZONE, AKFG, Hamasaki Ayumi, Aikawa Nanase, Abe Asami, Gackt, Rie Fu.

GuardianShado
Sun, 07-10-2005, 12:16 AM
i like L'Arc, mr. children, and AKFG when it comes to rock. as for jpop i like Sakamoto Maaya, Sowelu, Bonnie Pink, crystal kay, sometimes namie amuro, and most of hamasaki ayumi's songs. no specific order.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-10-2005, 08:36 AM
The best in each category of japanese music:

JPop: Ayumi Hamasaki (she is a godess, all her music is wonderful and means a lot to me)
JRock: DespairsRay (some would categorize them as metal, but they are mainly rock with a heavy edge... great band)
JMetal: X-Japan (one of the best bands ever,heavy fucking metal to the core)
JRap: All japanese rap sucks.

Other good acts which I currently listen quite a bit to: Nami Tamaki (jpop), See-Saw (jpop), Dir en grey (distorted jrock), TM Revolution (jpop with a techno/eurobeat flavor).

That should keep you satisfied.
And yes, I know that the topic is japanese "rock", but the line is sometimes very thin to draw so... whatever. ;D

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 07-10-2005, 10:16 AM
The Mad Capsule Markets
Dir en grey
D'espairsRay
Undown (band whose guitarist loaned himself to TMCM for a bit, ToruXXX)
Gazette

More infrequently listened to bands

Gimmiku
X-Japan

I like a few songs by Ayumi Hamasaki (J-Pop) but I need to search for some more songs once I get some free Hard Drive space. Evolution, Fly High and End of the World are the coolest ones I remember at the moment.

Astronopolis
Wed, 07-13-2005, 04:05 PM
bump

anybody hear of animetal? i suggest you all get some of that shit right now

Winged Dancer
Wed, 07-13-2005, 07:46 PM
JPunk all the way! The Stand Up and GaGaGa SP are my favorite japanese bands right now... Asian Kung FU Generation could qualify as rock, I guess. The Pillows are good, too.

XanBcoo
Wed, 07-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
JRap: All japanese rap sucks.
;D

all japanese rap doesn't suck!!! Have you ever heard M-Flo??

"Boom clap, boom-boom-boom clap, boom clap, boom-boom-boom clap"

Check dat shit out, itz da bomb

(or at least it's good for a laugh)

Hikyuu
Mon, 07-18-2005, 12:32 PM
I listen to .. Glay, Dir en Grey, L'arc en ciel, Malice Mizer, X Japan, Luna sea, Buck tick, Asian Kung Fu generation, Kagerou.. I cant think of anything else jrock/vkei ish I listen to off the top of my head... >>