PDA

View Full Version : destiny's wing thrusters or freedom's wing thrusters

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:12 PM
destiny wing thrusters > freedom wing thrusters
destiny wing thrusters < freedom wing thrusters
destiny wing thrusters = freedom wing thrusters

which do u like better?

i like destiny's better because the thrusters are bigger, looks more powerful, and is pretty =P

naruto-kira
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:15 PM
freedom wing thruster> destiny wing thruster

aint impluse wing and destiny wings the same?

Motteh
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:26 PM
destiny = freedom
because we haven't seen much of destiny and alot (too much) of freedom
so i can't make a clear statement yet (although i'm leaning towards destiny)

Originally posted by: naruto-kira
freedom wing thruster> destiny wing thruster

aint impluse wing and destiny wings the same?impulse didn't have those huge purple/pink "flames" sprouting outwards now did it?

MeroTZ
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Freedom's, because they aren't butterfly wings i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Seriously though, Destiny's are cool, but Freedoms wings house weapons! Plasma cannons, and now DRAGOON's!

How do you argue with that?

darkshadow
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:45 PM
power output destiny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>freedom

Motteh
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by: MeroTZ
Freedom's, because they aren't butterfly wings i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Seriously though, Destiny's are cool, but Freedoms wings house weapons! Plasma cannons, and now DRAGOON's!

How do you argue with that?i have to admit that that makes the score Freedom 1 - Destiny 0
although Destiny's wing "fumes/flames" are way bigger then Freedom's ever were
(trying to argue with it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

MeroTZ
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
power output destiny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>freedom

We dont know this for certain. Not much is yet known about Destiny's power systems.

Regardless, a more important question is if Strike Freedom and Freedom are both included in the question here? Not that it matters, I still like Freedoms wings more, but imagine the shinanigans Kira will pull off with Strike Freedoms Dragoon wings! I can only imagine what it would look like if he were to fire his dragoons while they were still mounted, making his mobile suits back half into a field of death.

"Chase this, mofos!"

Mwahahaha

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:11 PM
if the dragoons were deployed, would it affect freedom's thruster output?
anyhow, i think destiny will have the superior speed- coz that's shinn's greatest attribute
still.. the best thrusters on a gundam is the infinite justice- the detachable subflight lifter is genius i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MeroTZ
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
anyhow, i think destiny will have the superior speed- coz that's shinn's greatest attribute
still.. the best thrusters on a gundam is the infinite justice- the detachable subflight lifter is genius

I dunno about genius, but it certainly is cool enough that I almost asked if I could vote for it...

The new one is just so cool. Blades on the wings? Yes please. That maneuver Athrun pulled where he rammed another suit with his flyer just got lethal. I say we allow the Justice lifter into this vote, and I think I'd almost vote for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sano
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Hm, lots of Dragoons can be dangerous to any MS, even to a fast MS like the Destiny.

MeroTZ
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: Sano
Hm, lots of Dragoons can be dangerous to any MS, even to a fast MS like the Destiny.

I see Dragoons as a weapon for mass killing of lots of grunts, or, like Rau used them, as control weapons. You use your Dragoons to force your oponent to move how you want, where you want, and when you want. Its like you build a cage, and once you are directing their actions, you can strike. Rau didn't deal damage to Mwu's Strike until he denied it its mobility by caging it in with beams. Strike Freedoms dragoons aren't quite that good, but then, we aren't looking for total control here, we're looking for enough control of their actions to deny them full use of their speed and maneuverability.

bigdaddy843
Fri, 07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
still.. the best thrusters on a gundam is the infinite justice- the detachable subflight lifter is genius

well,i have seen the blue prints and strike freedom's thrusters look awfully like destiny's when the dragoon units are off, meaning that strike freedom can probrably move at very high speeds and even higher speeds when the dragoons are off.

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
can any other gundam mount on the infinite justice subflight lifter?
if you think about it right...amongst all the gundams, it should be infinite justice that has the best thruster output
but since we're talking about destiny and strike freedom here
i say strike freedom has the better thrusters coz its black in colour
so the thrusters should circulate the heat emitted by the thursters better
further more the structure of the wings is like two V's on each side..so it should be more efficient
either way, is the butterfly wings on destiny gundam for show or do they serve a purpose?

bigdaddy843
Fri, 07-08-2005, 11:45 PM
can any other gundam mount on the infinite justice subflight lifter?
if you think about it right...amongst all the gundams, it should be infinite justice that has the best thruster output
but since we're talking about destiny and strike freedom here
i say strike freedom has the better thrusters coz its black in colour
so the thrusters should circulate the heat emitted by the thursters better
further more the structure of the wings is like two V's on each side..so it should be more efficient
either way, is the butterfly wings on destiny gundam for show or do they serve a purpose?

yeah, ij's sublight lifter is gonna own everyone else. As for strike freedom, its gonna be faster than ever before and faster than a lot of suits, however the fastest thing flying out there is gonna be destiny. the butterfly wings are probrably like after burners, spewing plasma to propel destiny at greater speeds. And strike freedom's wings are probrably more efficient, but due to sheer masss and probable lack of areodynamicity, its gonna be slower than destiny.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:18 AM
ij= ULTRA FREAKY SPEED, but not in a high manuever way like destiny, destiny has ultra speed with no manuever sacrifice, it has maneuver++ ( just look closely at the way it MOVED, there's something strange about its thrusters)
ij will likely be the fastest but prolly wont be able to move a good as destiny
sf will definitly be the slowest, but will have the highest possible firepower, without sacrificing speed and agility (legend prolly has more power, but is slow)
so in terms of speed:
ij
destiny
sf
agility:
destiny
sf/ij, dunno
power:
sf
destiny/ij

Nyro
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Max Top Speed = Infinite Justice
Max Manuverability = Strike Freedom
Mix of the two = Destiny

I think Destiny will be faster then SF, but SF will be able to manuever better. IJ will be faster then Destiny but not as mobile. So Destiny lies in the middle. By no means weak, but excels at no one thing. Dullindal eluded to this as well.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:22 AM
^^, again look CLOSELY at how destiny moved, i cant possible c how sf can reproduce that........... or it would need to have the same kind of thrusters ( explanasion, everytime we c a gundam or ms dodge, they do it full power, and really like a dodge, like OUT OF THE WAY, the way destiny dodged was soooo controlled, i cant really explain it )

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:27 AM
this thread is about freedom not strike freedom

PSJ
Sat, 07-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by: MeroTZ
Freedom's, because they aren't butterfly wings

So fucking true, Destiny's wings look a bit stupid to me, haven't seen much of them tho so i might change my mind later on but right now they look weird. I mean pink? Nothing wrong with the color pink, cool color but not on a MS.

StarQui_MonPL
Sat, 07-09-2005, 03:52 AM
Destiny > Freedom
Who wouldnt like to have a MS with pink wings,you feel power when you pilota MS with PINK wings.

ArcZero
Sat, 07-09-2005, 04:03 AM
i wanna smack whoever says "it takes a real man to wear pink." anyway i agree with Nyro. it suits SF more to be the most maneuverable, IJ to be the fastest and Destiny will being the balanced one.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 05:21 AM
And I wanna smack conceited bastards who thinks that you aren't a man because you like a particular fucking color.
Color is just a bunch of mingling lights, how the hell can something like that be rendered "not male"?

Chris_Xion
Sat, 07-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Anyways,seeing Destiny's wings in full speed makes me think of my friend saying it was similar to V2 Gundam's "Wings of Light".That one even uses its wings to beam slash thru enemy MSs.I'd go for freedom's maneuverability coz i juz luv the way it sometimes dodges an enemy attacy,go upside down,pop up it's plasma cannons and shoot enemy's limbs off...FREAKIN COOL MOVE

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 09:18 AM
but you see...S. freedom should be more maneuverable than destiny
the way its wings are put together, the pilot can vary each individual wing positions..thus better maneuvarability
dullindal said something about shinn's speed being his most exceptional attribute..so destiny should be the quickest

but both of them can just kiss IJ's dust

PSJ
Sat, 07-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by: ArcZero
i wanna smack whoever says "it takes a real man to wear pink." anyway i agree with Nyro. it suits SF more to be the most maneuverable, IJ to be the fastest and Destiny will being the balanced one.

I wanna smack you for talking shit about pink. I got pink t-shirts and it does take a real man to wear colors like pink. A pussy like you will feel "less male" or "gay" when wearing pink. A real man can wear any color without feeling "less male" or "gay" now shut the fuck up you little wimp.

You guys do know that you are discussing the speed and movement of suits we haven't seen yet right?

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 10:57 AM
sad isn't it??
but hell..it makes us feel intelectually superior...
haha..

i think pink is alright..i've got some pink shirts
its not like pink is the international colour for gay people

and as destiny gundam proved, its actually pretty cool...especially coupled with pink butterfly wings

oh yeah..i'd love to see a seed male character with pink hair..now that's cool

PSJ
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Yea that would be cool. If there will ever be a third druggie team one of them needs to have pink hair and be a male.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:46 PM
for ne1 who said butterfly wings, they arent, just check the new op, they are pink/violet angel wings

shidoX
Sat, 07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey doesn't destiny's wings remind you of the Last updated version of V gundam?

ArcZero
Sun, 07-10-2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Originally posted by: ArcZero

I wanna smack you for talking shit about pink. I got pink t-shirts and it does take a real man to wear colors like pink. A pussy like you will feel "less male" or "gay" when wearing pink. A real man can wear any color without feeling "less male" or "gay" now shut the fuck up you little wimp.

You guys do know that you are discussing the speed and movement of suits we haven't seen yet right?

first of all, asshole, i never said there was anything wrong with wearing pink. it was just a fuckin joke. second, just because a guy wouldn't wear a certain color doesn't mean he's any more or less of a man. i wouldn't wear pink because i just don't like the color. so fuck you cocksucker and kiss my ass. (^_^)

PSJ
Sun, 07-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Oh how sweet of you to let me kiss your ass. Great joke to, i'm guessing you're gonna pass of this post as a joke to right? Why the hell did you mention that shit about pink anyway? It had no relevance to the discussion at all. Saying such a thing out of the blue makes it seem like you have something against people wearing pink and that was the reason i reacted.

And you won't make your post lighter by doing a happy face, stop calling people "cocksucker" and shit.

DragonBladeX
Sun, 07-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Got to be Destiny's wings. With the new opening, it makes it look so cool. And if it can slice up mobile suits with those wings, even better i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

ArcZero
Sun, 07-10-2005, 05:36 AM
hahaha..... you're the one who started calling me a wimp and a pussy, and now you're telling me to stop calling people cocksucker (which i've only said to you)......... that's just lovely. and i only said what i said about pink because i felt like it. simple as that.

Stop.

GotWoot Moderator

Astronopolis
Sun, 07-10-2005, 06:02 AM
i would have to say that if we are comparing freedom to destiny, it would have to be a very very close call due to the nature and purpose of the two suits; theyre both interceptor style weapons meant for dogfighting and heavy maneuvering and fighting at all ranges.
however, strike freedom is a totally different style suit, an artillery unit, mostly for long range firing of its combined beam rifles with the DRAGOON system keeping enemy suits at a distance. therefore i think it wouldnt really need to be as fast or as maneuverable as the other suits, but just because it doesnt need to be fast or maneuverable doesnt mean that it wont be i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Cion
Sun, 07-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Hmm Destiny > Freedom

Will be interesting to se how SF and IJ looks. For now Destiny when SF comes
who knows but the topic weren't about SF right?

Chris_Xion
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Yea,i noe we're not discusing SF theories,but i was thinking it would be totally awesome if the director had a last minute change of mind and changed SF's wings into V2 Gundam's Wings of Light AND still with Dragoons+adding palm beam cannons to SF's palms,mwahahaha,juz saw Destiny in action with those palm cannons and i think it is one of the coolest weapons ever created for a Gundam.In fact i rewatched those scenes for 6 times now.

SF with the aforementioned last-minute changes would totally own everyone else(n i didnt even added Meteors into the mix)

Deblas
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Why don't you post some pics to help the viewers determine which is best.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry,but i dont know how to post a pict,but i'm sure i saw somebody post Destiny using its palm cannons in Ep 38 earlier...once u saw it,then
imagine Strike Freedom with those palm cannons+the aforementioned wings of light(IMAGINATION)Strike Freedom would totally own!

Motteh
Sun, 07-10-2005, 10:02 PM
i think Deblas is talking about the original topic (Freedom and Destiny's thrusters) and not your own added customizations to SF's design