PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 151

Munsu
Thu, 07-07-2005, 08:49 PM
As someone already mentioned, it will be released tonight at 12:00 am...

I'll post direct links at that time for the episode..

Edit:

[12:00] <@dythim> HTTP : http://tentaclerape.net/kajzokku/ http://jerry.mgmservers.net http://www.hi.is/~jonmag/ladybug/ http://onepiece.b0red.com http://www.ai-no-neko.com http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net
[12:00] <@dythim> TORRENT : One Piece 151 Torrent (http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/[K-F]_One_Piece_151_[44922B73].avi.torrent)

Tofu #2
Thu, 07-07-2005, 11:00 PM
It's out now.

Why does the K-F site go down everytime they release an episode?

Masamune
Thu, 07-07-2005, 11:36 PM
one of the best episodes ever.

Hmm another D. fellow. that makes 4 now. All are or were great pirates.

Gol D. Roger (deceased)
Monkey D. Luffy
Portugas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach

Tofu #2
Thu, 07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
So many things I want to say.

-Luffy sure owned Bellamy.
-Blackbeard doesn't have a beard. -.-
-We saw all of Blackbeard's crew (except Lafitte) in action at some point.
-Crocodile was nothing compared to these other 2 Shichibukai. 80,000,000 (I think that's right) to 340,000,000. What a wuss.
-If Shanks has a messenger with a bounty of 94,000,000, he must be one tough ass. And I assume they meant Shanks when they said "red hair."
-Whitebeard is HUGE.

This was indeed a VERY interesting episode.

Oh and it's nice to see Luffy beat Bellamy without using his rubber powers.

Aeon
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Yes this ep was great.

Bellamy and his swordsman getting owned was great.

The way Ace described Black Beard I expected some ruthless killer instead he's pretty darn cool.

All the Shichibukai seem to be based on animals so far, no way Blackbeard is joining, although Robin might have a chance.

I wonder what the world government has against Shanks and White Beard meeting up.

Tofu #2
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:43 AM
I think that Whitebeard and Shanks are two of the "Great Powers," and Whitebeard probably has some grudge against Shanks, so if they were to meet, Whitebeard would waste his ass. And the World Government said if the 3 Great Powers were to collapse the world would fall apart.

BTW Lafitte is homosexual.

Mut
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Shanks could destroy the world. Don't underestimate him.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Wow, that was a hell of a lot of new characters... and great action to boot. I kinda liked Bellamy but w/e.

And Whitebeard is indeed fucking huge.
I liked how those weirdos in Mock Town turned out to be part of Blackbeard's crew.

Munsu
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Actually, what I think they meant from the three Great Powers are: Marines, Pirates, and the third I would say the Shichibukai, but that's too small of a group to call a great power, though they posses some of the most amazing individuals...

Meh, I really don't know what they meant...

Still I doubt Whitebeard and Shanks have a grudge... in fact, I think they are long time friends...

Edit: The third Great Power might also be the Bounty Hunters, or probably some other group that hasn't yet been introduced... maybe it has to do something with that Dragon guy that made a brief appearance in Log Town saving Luffy

Foomanchew24
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:13 AM
So many new charachters, so muc hdrooling while whaching this episode. The fight against bellamy was short and sweet, not used to that in long running anime. Getting to see several shibuikai was priceless, too bad they all don't attend get togethers. It was also great to finally see shanks again, 150 episodes in. So good, and didn't have to wait till sunday to get it.

Assertn
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:36 AM
gahhhh.....too many new characters!

being able to see blackbeard out of nowhere though....OMGWTTFFBBQSDFsf o.O

I'm assuming the government doesnt want shanks and whitebeard to join forces.....because then they'd become unstoppable.

Deblas
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Whitebeard is HUGE!!! And he wears a moustache, not a beard. The same goes for blackbeard.

One of my fav. episodes of all time. Loved the fact that Luffy just owned Bellamy without using his rubber powers and in one hit.

elmojo
Fri, 07-08-2005, 04:33 PM
bellamy as predicted, got severly owned and the way luffy owned him showed how insignificant he is
it was pretty amusing to see that black beard was that guy, black beard used to be in white beard's crew.. im sure we are about to see something really funny when ace meets black beard..

imagine buggy is there too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

question, buggy and shanks worked for someone, was it white beard?

oh my god, when i saw black beard's crew it was so bad ass.. each char looks really interesting.. and propably make arlongs crew look like bugs, this is the first full roster we see of a pirate crew since arlong

Munsu
Fri, 07-08-2005, 06:39 PM
No, I doubt that when they were together it was under Whitebeard because when Buggy meets ace he talks about how he once met Whitebeard, and didn't mention that he once worked under him...

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Jesus crist I have to make a fucking spreadsheet for all these new guys!

I'm wondering if they didn't blow thier wad though introducing all these people at once. Cuts a bit of the suspense out of things now. Although, I suppose I still don't know who the rest of the Shichibukai are. So there's, what, 3 others? We know one is a merman.

Awsome shit though. Man. So much crap going on all of a sudden.

Personally, I think that the 3 great powers are the guys in the suits themselves(the World Government), the Marines, and then the Shichibukai.

Honestly though, the marine's boss really looks like a dorkus. So does Blackbeard.

And yeah, neither of the beard guys have beards, wtf is up with that?

Gah, too much remember to comment on it all!

tensai
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:43 AM
yeah, it is weird calling them whitebeard or blackbeard if dont dont have a beard

but it would be even weirder if they were called whitemustache, whitestache or blackmustache, blackstache, you know

i think it just sounds better haveing beard at the end

hmm, blackbeard also has the middle initial "D" and he's practically the opposite of luffy (the part about the pies and meet when they were in a bar at mock town), I wonder what type of special power blackbeard has?

Mae
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:21 AM
It would be cool if he didn't have any special powers and was just bad-ass. Sometimes I think they overdo the fruit power bit.

Although Luffy's never been my favorite character I liked his fight in this ep. Short but sweet. And yeah, there were way too many new characters in this ep. I hope that the new guys are in the next couple eps. I hate it when they introduce a bunch of new characters and then never mention them for months, and when they're reintroduced into the story you're supposed to know exactly who they are :p

And I agree that if a character's name is Whitebeard or Blackbeard then they should actually have a beard. Maybe the manga-ka borrowed the names from English without knowing exactly what the meant...

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Well it's always been Oda's style to introduce characters randomly like that, I mean even the freakin' bartender in the first few episodes (who lived in Luffy's village) has a name. Hehe.

I also think they overdo the fruit power bit sometimes, but it's quite cool that two of the strongest characters (Zoro & Sanji) don't have any... just natural strength i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:31 AM
I liked when Luffy punched Bellamy... that was his pure strength.. no tricks, just a good old smack in the face... which has to lead you to believe that Luffy is strong with or without the devil's fruit

Masamune
Sat, 07-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
I liked when Luffy punched Bellamy... that was his pure strength.. no tricks, just a good old smack in the face... which has to lead you to believe that Luffy is strong with or without the devil's fruit

which makes ace like super-duper-ultra strong. since luffy couldnt beat ace a single time , even when ace didnt have the flame fruits abilities. xD

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Well it's always been Oda's style to introduce characters randomly like that, I mean even the freakin' bartender in the first few episodes (who lived in Luffy's village) has a name. Hehe.

Makino <3

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
And Ace is Whitebeard's loyal subject, who is also said to be the strongest pirate.
Damn, Whitebeard must be so fucking strong that he can tear apart people by touching them.

DDBen
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:48 PM
And Ace is Whitebeard's loyal subject, who is also said to be the strongest pirate.
Damn, Whitebeard must be so fucking strong that he can tear apart people by touching them.

actually I believe it said Whitebeard the worlds strongest man. Which to me means he's physically the strongest. There is nothing to say Whitebeard is the worlds strongest pirate beyond his physical strengh.

Assertn
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Here's a question.....how do those 5 main guys compare to the other rulers that make up the world government? Like Cobra and Wapol, for example. Maybe THEY make up the 3rd power.......marines, pirates, and village rulers

idk.....

Munsu
Sat, 07-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen

actually I believe it said Whitebeard the worlds strongest man. Which to me means he's physically the strongest. There is nothing to say Whitebeard is the worlds strongest pirate beyond his physical strengh.

Only that he is the only person known to rival Gol D. Roger, who is known as the Greatest Pirate... says a lot about who he is...

Assertn
Sat, 07-09-2005, 09:46 PM
And that he is the closest at becoming the pirate king right now

Deblas
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, but the guy looks like he's clinging to life now. He has to breath artificially for god sakes!!

Masamune
Sun, 07-10-2005, 03:46 PM
who cares how he has to breath.

dieing ppl are always ultra strong in animes

MrTicTac
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:21 AM
(whitebeard) his nurses are hot ^^ and shit he's got like 3-4 of them always around i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

maybe he's not dying, just gotta keep his blood pressure down or something or else he'll get pissed and destroy everything (since he's suppose to be strong as hell)

Autophage
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:47 AM
And I agree that if a character's name is Whitebeard or Blackbeard then they should actually have a beard. Maybe the manga-ka borrowed the names from English without knowing exactly what the meant...[/quote]

If you were listening during the show, Edward Newgate's title was Shiro-Hige, not "white beard," and Marshall D. Teaches' title was Kuro-Hige, not "black beard." Now I'm no expert on the Japanese language, but I've heard the word "Hige" used enough to conclude that it means neither mustache nor beard, but just facial hair. And since "hige" is an all-encompassing word, Kaizoku-fansubs probably decided to use an English equivalent that would best reflect the Western influences seen in One Piece by sticking to traditional and familiar pirate names.

Man I've never become so excited for a children's anime series before. This is just incredible. The number of cast there are now and the way they all blend together in the story is just so much fun to watch. I'm absolutely beside myself at how much Oda omits from the story and yet is able to hold my interest. Episode 151 just reinforces this belief. I worried that Luffy's cross with Bellamy would be drawn out but was relieved that he was just brushed aside for the sake of the story and not some sales pulling episode-long battles.

I can't wait for more.

Masamune
Tue, 07-12-2005, 10:32 AM
so when did one piece become a children's series : O , the drawings are just oda's style. But there is a serious tone in the story line.

Or maybe its like harry potter. Its meant for kids. But the majority who reads the books it are adults.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
One Piece isn't meant for children any more than Naruto is.

Also, Autophage, your point becomes quite moot because Blackbeard (or Blackmoustasche...) doesn't even have a moustasche.
He's a bit unshaven yes, but it's not a moustasche like the one Whitebeard has.

I am also quite sure that "beard" was Oda's idea of translating hige because *color*beard names were typical of pirates.