PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick an OP

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Fortunatly, we know that the american release of Naruto is going to keep the original Japanese songs for their openings.

But, lets pretend for a moment that they weren't, what song would you pick to be the song for the opening to Naruto?

Me personally, I'd pick Helena by My Chemical Romance. At least up to the end of the second chorus. I don't know why but everytime I hear that song on the radio the Naruto opening for Haruka Kanata is often playing in my head.

basey44
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:30 AM
while yea i do like that song i dont really think it fits in too well with naruto, if ya get what i mean

anyway if a new OP was made we all know it would be some guy rapping about naruto.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 07-05-2005, 09:28 AM
The DBZ series had really good music at times, whereas the movies were ruined by all the rock that they threw in... hope they don't do that with Naruto.

Assertn
Tue, 07-05-2005, 10:57 AM
ahahaha.....that just reminded me of that hip-hop/rap or whatever they put in for the trunks special during the emotional scenes.......sooo bad

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-05-2005, 11:02 AM
You kiddin? It was mad awesome to hear dat rappin shit when the androids put a cap in Gohan's ass yo

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
You kiddin? It was mad awesome to hear dat rappin shit when the androids put a cap in Gohan's ass yo

I must be the only one on the planet who enjoyed the music in the History of Trunks special...but I get why people say it's stupid/inappropriate.

I've always thought that Greenday's "Welcome to Paradise" would make the perfect anime OP. I think it'd fit well for Naruto at least. Just thinking about it, it seems like it would match pretty well w/the Haruka Kanata video - provided they did some splicing to make the song shorter.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
while yea i do like that song i dont really think it fits in too well with naruto, if ya get what i mean

Well, yeah, its got nothing to do with the show, but if you read the lyrics to the songs they use now, none of them have ANYTHING to do with the shows they are for. Anime OPs seem to be chosen for theirs sounds not their lyrics.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 07-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Kill Your Mother Rape Your Dog by Dying Fetus would be a SICK OP.

Cyberdude93
Wed, 07-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Fortunatly, we know that the american release of Naruto is going to keep the original Japanese songs for their openings.

Not that I don't believe you, but what's your source?

Anyway, IF the original opening was made specifically for the show, then a redub with different lyrics could work (trying or not trying to be close to the original), keeping all Engrish the same. 4kids did it with One Piece's "We Are". Obviously it didn't air, but other than the last line it was pretty well done.

Neko Haruko
Wed, 07-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni and GO!!! are my favorites

Rhanfahl
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:54 PM
How about Aenima from Tool? Hahahaha!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:12 AM
Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni and GO!!! are my favorites

I think you totally missed the point of the thread.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Amen.

Fucked With a Knife by Cannibal Corpse as a close second? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Turkish-S
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:17 AM
it would be nice if the mortal kombat theme would be played in the opening..i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

mage
Thu, 07-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

Amen.

Fucked With a Knife by Cannibal Corpse as a close second?

how about killed a baby inside my vagina with a bb-gun and drank the blood by the aborted demon babies?

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 09:31 AM
God, has anyone else tried to imagine Haruka Kanata w/english lyrics?

Rhanfahl
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
God, has anyone else tried to imagine Haruka Kanata w/english lyrics?

No.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey... don't knock Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus FFS.

ES
Fri, 07-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Duality by Slipknot

or How Can I live by Ill Nino...good for Saskue/Naruto face offs...