PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 150

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 11:10 PM
<dythim> HTTP : http://www.hi.is/~jonmag/ladybug/ http://onepiece.b0red.com http://www.ai-no-neko.com http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net
<dythim> TORRENT :
http://dythim.mit.edu/kaizoku/[K-F (http://_One_Piece_150_[AEEB75A4].avi.torrent]http://dythim.mit.edu/kaizoku/[K-F]_One_Piece_150_[AEEB75A4].avi.torrent)

Look at me, good timing for once!

Aeon
Sun, 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Great finally get to see Bellamy in action, and I hope the character single is good since the last one bout Robin was great.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 12:03 AM
That was a really good episode, I just hate the damn waiting between episodes...

Also I ain't gonna download the single because I hate how they encode, they use some strange format which I have to use my media player to open. The files are so unnecessarily big too.
Bleh, give me 192 kbps MP3 encoding anyday. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tofu #2
Mon, 07-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Saquiss is a wuss and Bellamy's devil fruit power is...eh, but strong. Also, I'm pissed off that Bellamy's crew still thinks Luffy and Zoro are faggots.

Question: How come Luffy never uses his rubber powers while he's in a rush? Im sure a Gomu Gomu no Bazooka would be alot faster than running.

Oh and, the guy at the pub that said 60,000,000 while they found out Luffy and Zoro's bounties, if I'm not mistaken he was speaking Cantonese Chinese.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Haha, Saquiss has a blade. He might as well be wearing a sign that says "Zoro is gonna kick my ass".

Unless Luffy does them all himself, which he certainly might.

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Yes!! Next eps. Luffy finally is gonna own Bellamy.

Masamune
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:13 AM
about damn time too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:18 AM
This is probably going to be the shortest fight in history. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

elmojo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
Haha, Saquiss has a blade. He might as well be wearing a sign that says "Zoro is gonna kick my ass".

Unless Luffy does them all himself, which he certainly might.

hilarious

loved the part where zoro yells at the cricket

the whole bird thing was so funny, just the bird coming and gloating and robin catching it

sad to see shojo get owned like that, that monkey is so cool

bellamy seems to really piss me off, spring devil fruit ? luffy is just going to rebound his spring ass to oblivion, and him saying the new age of pirates where there are no dreams, grrr DIE !!

Assertn
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:51 AM
This episode reminds me of what one of the things i disliked about the 4th movie was.......Devilfruit powers based on something man-made
The candy power from movie 4 bugged me because why the hell would a mythological fruit be based on some completely artificial sweet? Just seems awkward, considering all the other devil fruit powers are based on nature or is in one way or another natural. Well anyway, Bellamy's ability is like that as well. It would be one thing if his ability was to become that same malleable metallic compound that springs are often made from, but to become springs itself? Come on now.....

Other than that...I'd have to say that theoretically.....this should be the most even match-up that luffy has ever come across
Think about it....both characters use elasticity to apply massive kinetic force into their opponents. I'll assume both of them can also use elasticity to cushion blows dealt to them as well. If it wasn't for the fact that Bellamy has been established as a weaker enemy, I'd say he couldve been luffy's main rival i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Maybe we only CALL it a spring because thats what we think of when we see it, and its actually the pigtail pigtail fruit!

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah. It doesn't necesarily have to be a spring. It could be just a metal coil that just so happens makes you jump real high when he adding pressure to it.

Assertn
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Yeah. It doesn't necesarily have to be a spring. It could be just a metal coil that just so happens makes you jump real high when he adding pressure to it.

ohh...you mean from the metal coil tree, right? The kind that makes you jump real high when adding pressure? Ok, well as long as it doesnt necessarily have to be a spring

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Exactly i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

And Gasparde with candy syrup. Where does syrup come from? Sap! from trees. Which is....natural.

elmojo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:59 PM
i think you're completely wrong about this being an even match up

what happens when a cannon ball hits luffy? he rebounds it back

what happens when bellamy springs like a frog against luffy? hes gonna bounce him back, slam him into a wall show him how inferior and weak his rookie ass is and then gomu gomu rocket his ass to the next sea where the shojo will salvage his worthless carcass 5 years later

the only thing bellamy will be rivaling are the rocks in the sea , who could sink the fastest?

Aeon
Mon, 07-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Even though Luffy told them to stay behind I hope they arraive at the fight with some bad ass pose saying how they could'nt let him go alone or that the old man made them go followed by Usopp jumping behind Zoro telling him to get them. I just wanna see the Bellamy pirates fight the straw hats.

tensai
Mon, 07-04-2005, 09:58 PM
i would rather see luffy own all the bellamy pirates asses, they dont deserve to be beaten by the straw-hat crew.
even diamond head owned Saquiss by himself, id say Usopp could already own half of them

In reply to _naruto_X, if Luffy did a gomu gomu no bazooka to get tot he location quicker, he'd most likely get lost and cause them to lose time and possibly not go to sky island
he asked Robin if the coast led to the town for a reason. Remember back when Usopp was just about to join the crew, Usopp told luffy that the other pirates were in that way and all luffy did was run to nowhere, luffy is as bad as Zoro when it comes to directions

Munsu
Mon, 07-04-2005, 11:04 PM
i expect a quickie fight, since Luffy has to husle back to make it to sky island... i would have hoped that Bellamy would've also had springs in his arms to punch harder, hopefully this is something to come and something to catch Luffy offgard if anything...

and _naruto_X, he said 60,000,000 in Japanese...

Assertn
Tue, 07-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Deblas: I believe candy syrup is candy.....in liquid form.....not to be confused with maple syrup

elmojo: You say luffy can bounce cannonballs back with his rubber body....who says bellamy can't bounce cannonballs back with springs? What happens when luffy slams him into the wall? Well he'll bounce off the wall and fly back at luffy with even more force than before. The point is, that a rubber person vs a spring person would be like taking 2 super balls and throwing them at each other....they both bounce back.

I also think its kind of lame that luffy doesnt use his rubber abilities more for moving around. Actually, its alot like what crocodile said....just having the ability alone isnt enough, its important to train to find all the beneficial uses for it. There's alot of times where luffy does something that couldve been done better if it involved his ability.

Tofu #2
Tue, 07-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Yay somebody agrees! And he doesn't neccessarily have to use gomu gomu bazooka but he could at least stretch out to some trees far away.

About Bellamy's abliity, there hasn't been any proof that his ability affects his entire body like Luffy's, so Luffy just has to make sure Bellamy's legs aren't first to touch the surface when punching..

and budweineken, I guess it was Japanese but it sounded alot like Chinese..

DDBen
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
Deblas: I believe candy syrup is candy.....in liquid form.....not to be confused with maple syrup

elmojo: You say luffy can bounce cannonballs back with his rubber body....who says bellamy can't bounce cannonballs back with springs? What happens when luffy slams him into the wall? Well he'll bounce off the wall and fly back at luffy with even more force than before. The point is, that a rubber person vs a spring person would be like taking 2 super balls and throwing them at each other....they both bounce back.

I also think its kind of lame that luffy doesnt use his rubber abilities more for moving around. Actually, its alot like what crocodile said....just having the ability alone isnt enough, its important to train to find all the beneficial uses for it. There's alot of times where luffy does something that couldve been done better if it involved his ability.

actually due to the nature of there abilities I see belamy using his springs to attack luffy and as a result being bounced off into the middle of the ocean and drowning. Lets be serious on this on Luffy can deflect things but spings would but to much stress on your body to do the same as rubber.

Tofu #2
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Episode 151 will be released tonight!!!!!!!!!

Assertn
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:07 PM
too much stress on your body? if your body IS a spring, then what would the problem of that be? Granted springs probably dont have the same level of elastic power that rubber would, but this IS an anime. If luffy can deflect bullets, then bellamy should at least be able to deflect rubber. I could see bellamy bouncing off of luffy into the middle of the ocean though. Quick wrap-up and plausible if the direction luffy ends up bouncing is towards solid land (perhaps back near his ship?).

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
Episode 152 will be released tonight!!!!!!!!!

I assume you mean 151 unless they are skipping episodes (that would be hilarious in a sad way) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Deblas
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
Episode 152 will be released tonight!!!!!!!!!

Its eps.151.

And also, Eps.234 by Gerusama!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DDBen
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
too much stress on your body? if your body IS a spring, then what would the problem of that be? Granted springs probably dont have the same level of elastic power that rubber would, but this IS an anime. If luffy can deflect bullets, then bellamy should at least be able to deflect rubber. I could see bellamy bouncing off of luffy into the middle of the ocean though. Quick wrap-up and plausible if the direction luffy ends up bouncing is towards solid land (perhaps back near his ship?).

my point is any part of the body not turned into a spring can be damaged normally. As a result even if one turned there arms and legs into springs to absorb a blow there shoulders would still have to deal with the force of the blow. Basically the same way that if crocodile can't become sand or Smoker can't become some they would take the normal damage of any hit. Basically unless Belemy turns everything that luffy hits into a spring he will still recieve damage. While in Luffy's case his ability is basically inate like the smooth smooth fruit ability these are always active and require nothing to actualy activate them.

Assertn
Thu, 07-07-2005, 04:17 PM
From what i've witnessed of the series so far.....anyone with a devils fruit that can counter an attack but isnt "inate" can still manage to use their power at the right place at the right time everytime.

Buggy was able to dodge every single sword swing from zoro by seperating his body at just the right places.
Crocodile and Smoker...well have YOU seen anyone land a blow on them? (Not counting the water trick with croc)

Actually now that i think about it....croc's ability still seems automatic.....we didnt see him attempt to turn to sand or anything back when luffy was pulling water punches on him.....he was just surprised that his skin remained solid when the impact landed.

DDBen
Thu, 07-07-2005, 04:32 PM
From what i've witnessed of the series so far.....anyone with a devils fruit that can counter an attack but isnt "inate" can still manage to use their power at the right place at the right time everytime.

Buggy was able to dodge every single sword swing from zoro by seperating his body at just the right places.
Crocodile and Smoker...well have YOU seen anyone land a blow on them? (Not counting the water trick with croc)

Actually now that i think about it....croc's ability still seems automatic.....we didnt see him attempt to turn to sand or anything back when luffy was pulling water punches on him.....he was just surprised that his skin remained solid when the impact landed.

Buggies ability was the chop chop fruit and thus anywhere he was cut he seperated instantly. If it was automatic when he was kicked in the nuts then he would have auto seperated. The abilities generally have to be willed and I'm sure that was the case with crocodile which was why he was surprized. As for smoker he hasn't been hit but he has been caged and being hit by that material that acts like the ocean he would take damage. The water trick is specifically where this comes into play.

Assertn
Thu, 07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I dont know about that.........i was under the impression he seperated himself manually where the cuts were about to be made. If kicking him in the nuts would auto seperate then wouldnt the part where nami wrapped a belt around his parts cause those to seperate as well?

Crocodile's surprise wasn't much different than gaara's surprise when lee broke through his sand shield.

For all we know, that cage might jack up luffy just the same as with smoker. Maybe his rubber body acts more like a brittle rubber band when exposed to the ocean, and therefore bullets could kill him if he's in the cage. We haven't seen enough of its effects to know for sure

these topics are too open-ended to really be argued anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif