PDA

View Full Version : Phase 37 Discussion

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 07:52 AM
So far the raw is out:

http://tracker.danomac.org/tor...24fps_VBR).avi.torrent (http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Seed_Destiny_ep_37_Raw_(WMV9_64 0x480_24fps_VBR).avi.torrent)

I ain't gonna DL it but I know some of you will.

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:09 AM
I am currently DLin it right now and will attempt to summarize it when i am done.

RedX1z
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Sure, why not? So bored now anyway.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:16 AM
It's been forever since I DLed a raw, I've tried to control myself for the longest time... but now... well... things are picking up and... I can't resist and... goddamnit!

*downloads*

RedX1z
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:18 AM
I could've probably just said Yzak is in this episode and somehow you would start downloading, but I guess that works too.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Yea, the only reason I download raws is to get the gist of whats happening in the episode and see the next episode preview and then, when I download the sub, I go back through and double check if I was correct on what was happening.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I remember the good ol' Seed days, I used to watch freakin' raws 3 times towards the end of that show... yet I still loved the sub unconditionally when it came.

Now that's fandom.
Anyway, from here on out it will probably be similar... because if the last episodes of Destiny are even half as intense as Seed, I'm in for another round of impatient hell.

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Yea, I can't stand waiting so I usually end up searching around other forums for leaked future episode summaries.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Heh, I'm not -that- extreme... I don't want future events spoiled, but if I have the chance to see the actual episode earlier (as is the case with the raw) then I take it.
That's my limit i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:11 AM
I have a crazy, possesing need to know what happens next, myself. Thats why I overanalyze and make predictions i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Someone post a summary already, I'm stuck at work and cant watch!

Gah!

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I'll attempt to do a summary as well, however my download is only at 27%... *hits it to go faster*

danholo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:13 AM
I've been getting the RAWs myself since episode 31 or something. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I'm really impatient here. What's cool with last weeks RAW, released by SaiyaMan, and probably this one's as well, are the commercials! Bleach had them too. Heh. Omoshiroi. The other raw version that's released earlier is actually better quality.

RedX1z
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Heh, will be a nice guy and seed the episode for you people.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Major problems dudes....

I can't play the file, or rather, the colors are all mixed up... So, what codec is missing?

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:20 AM
could even be that your download is corrupt. I have to say I am impressed with the ep so far. Although only 5 min in. I wanted to see if I got the green crap. Asuran is awesome. And you gotta love the Gouf. Can't wait to see the next few eps. Back to the ep.

Phoebus
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:22 AM
hi, I'm new to the forum, but, If u try to use Video Lan Player (google for VLC)

if that dosent work, the file might be corrupt..

Guardian_2000
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:32 AM
media player classic is top for playing vids. Although I have heard that player is always stepping on it heels

SorC
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok, another one of those episodes that has left me wanting more. Can't wait for the sub.

****************************Episode Spoiler Follows*************************

Anyway on to what happened. Asuran makes his break for it with Meryn and Shinn and Rey launch in persuit. With the two new suits easily having superior speed the quickly gain on Asuran. There's a conversation between Rey and the and Gil where I believe Gil gives Rey the ok to shoot to kill. Destiny and Legend then catch up to the Gouf and Rey opens fire without hesitation. Asuran initially doesn't return fire and concentrates on dodging. The fight continues with a lot of talking, I think that both Asuran and Rey were trying to convince Shinn to side against the other.

Shinn seems to get increasingly confused and angry, then loses it and takes the gouf out. Shinn seems to be upset with everything that has happened and takes a fair amount of prompting from Rey for a while. During the fight everyone back a Gibralter base watches anxiously. As soon as Cagallis former bodyguard (forgotten his name) sees Destiny and Legend leave the area where the Gouf went down he heads out with a small ship.

After this theres quite a bit of talking which I'm not willing to comment on in detail as my Japanese is more than pathetic i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif . Anyway, there's a scene where Shinn encounters Lunamaria and says sorry as he thinks he's killed Meryn. I'm pretty sure that the small ship got to the Gouf wreckage first and salvaged the cockpit as the Zaft forces couldn't find it thus leading everyone to think that both Asuran and Meryn are dead.

At the end of this ep Gil delivers his ultimatum to Heavens Base and we also get to see some of Lacus, the AA pulling into Orb and a cargo plane taking off with Cagallis former bodyguard in command and Asuran and Meryn unconcious in a medical area.

My initial thoughts on a few things in this ep:
Both Destiny and Legend look really sweet in action.
It looks as though Shinn isn't going to go darkside.
Luna and Shinn are definately going to grow closer together.
Talia has some serious reservations about the way things are going.

Deamon007
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:31 AM
thans for the summary SorC

Originally posted by: SorC
Shinn seems to get increasingly confused and angry, then loses it and takes the gouf out. Shinn seems to be upset with everything that has happened and takes a fair amount of prompting from Rey for a while. During the fight everyone back a Gibralter base watches anxiously. As soon as Cagallis former bodyguard (forgotten his name) sees Destiny and Legend leave the area where the Gouf went down he heads out with a small ship.

it looks like my thought's on the bodyguard saves athrun were right

I cant wait till my download is done

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:57 AM
This was one hell of an episode, the first half showed Shinn more or less breaking down which was very touching to say the least... can't wait to see what kind of manipulating Rey was using on him. My favorite part of this episode was however later on, when Shinn confronted Lunamaria. When Shinn just walked past her... I was like "wtf aren't you gonna say something?" then he says "gomen" and the way Luna breaks down tightly followed by the hug... now that was fucking great.

I love it! Subs now!!

Splash!
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Hmm seems like quite the episode. Still it sounds like Athrun really didn hold his own that well. It was just a matter of Shinn deciding whether to finish him off or not. Waiting for the Sub to come out. So is Shinn gonna get any saner or is he just getting worse?

Barumonk
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
The return of Erika Simmons! The only female in GS to rival Lacus with the number of mobile suits in her garage.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Shinn is definitely getting "saner" (I don't regard him as insane), since this is a crucial event for him... for the first time being forced to choose between duty and friends.
I think he'll learn a lot from this.

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:57 PM
destiny definitely showed it's strength but legend's funnels weren't even used @ all wonder who pilots destroy now. wonder if infinite justice and strike freedom can move like destiny.

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 02:23 PM
They can probably move faster since they are powered by some new, greater energy source. And whoever predicted that Kisaka would save Athrun in one of the other threads was correct (can't remember who).

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Did anyone else think that Legend and Destiny's Barrier/shield seemed a bit unfair? I wonder if IJ and SF also will be such unfair suits....

romancing_xaga
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Don't worry, they would also be as equipped as Destiny and Legend are. I heard Freedom has also a beam shield generator.

Splash!
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah they definitely are

Infinite Justice (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/zgmf-x19a.htm )
Strike Freedom (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/zgmf-x20a.htm)

As the line art at Mahq shows, the both carry beam shield generators. Infact, so does the Dom trooper

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:52 PM
woho, that is some great ****...

Astronopolis
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
Did anyone else think that Legend and Destiny's Barrier/shield seemed a bit unfair? I wonder if IJ and SF also will be such unfair suits....

lol what? who designs a military unit to be "fair"? the idea of a weapon is to do its job efficiently and quickly, with its job being to kill or disable as many enemy units as possible without sustaining damage. besides, nothing in anime is absolute, i.e., if the director wants, say, destinys' beam saber to stab through freedoms beam shield or vice versa, its going to happen, regardless of if its impenetrable or not. the only thing that makes things "fair" or "unfair" as you say, are if the director wants us to feel one way or another, and even then fuk(up)uda could mess up and make the battle retarded. so pretty much, it comes down to what suit they want you to think is cooler, and to get you to buy the models of said cool suit. lol its about moving merchandise people i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Woot watching raw, tis great.

Shinn finally showed that he was capable of regretting something he did! That makes me like him 1000000 times more. Not as much as Kira, but hey. This episode puts him up there. Not like Rey, whom I like less and less. Oh well.

Cant wait to see more of Destiny... was it just me, or was it unholy fast once it broke out the beam wings?

Also, was it just me or did it really look like Shinn INTENTIONALLY missed the GOUF's cockpit?

Cant wait for the Sub. WHEEEE!

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 07-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis

Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari

lol what? who designs a military unit to be "fair"? the idea of a weapon is to do its job efficiently and quickly, with its job being to kill or disable as many enemy units as possible without sustaining damage. besides, nothing in anime is absolute, i.e., if the director wants, say, destinys' beam saber to stab through freedoms beam shield or vice versa, its going to happen, regardless of if its impenetrable or not. the only thing that makes things "fair" or "unfair" as you say, are if the director wants us to feel one way or another, and even then fuk(up)uda could mess up and make the battle retarded. so pretty much, it comes down to what suit they want you to think is cooler, and to get you to buy the models of said cool suit. lol its about moving merchandise people

Wow, talk about being cynical...

Astronopolis
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:02 PM
well, i dunno, i wouldnt say cynical, its just fact that we are part of a business demographic, and alot of people dont really think about it objectively and say stupid things.

with that said, im still gonna finish watching the show, and im curious about how future character interactions are going to play out, but the way the show has been packaged and how it is so easy to get spoiled, im not really as emotionally invested with the characters as was fukudas intent. (i guess im just overall disappointed with GSD, but i feel obligated to watch the rest of it to justify watching more than half of the series in the first place. its a vicious cycle, lol)

anyway, on a lighter note, im definitely looking forward to the appearance of the DOM trooper, Dom is my favorite zeon mobile suit after all

RedX1z
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm seeing things again. Is it just me or is it that Rey's gundam looks like Providence from the Gundam Seed, the one that Rau used in the end to fight Kira and Mwu?

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
It does, in fact, the similarity is probably there to further fuel the Rey/Rau connection.
Also, it has those newtype-powered funnel thingies (DRAGOON system I think they call it in the Seed universe) since Rey is one of few characters in Seed who can use them.

(which makes me wonder, how could Gil be planning to give it to Athrun... he can't control those, can he?)

RedX1z
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure what the DRAGOON system is, but I'm guessing it's all based on the skills of the pilot, it could be something only very skilled pilots can use, something like the ZERO system from Gundam Wing, but then again, I don't know jack, so, don't talk anything I say too seriously.

EDIT:Rey can't be the only one who knows how to use it, Destiny, Shinn's gundam has the same system. I'm seriously guessing skilled pilots, Kira and Athrun should handle it, no problem.

Motteh
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
It does, in fact, the similarity is probably there to further fuel the Rey/Rau connection.
Also, it has those newtype-powered funnel thingies (DRAGOON system I think they call it in the Seed universe) since Rey is one of few characters in Seed who can use them.

(which makes me wonder, how could Gil be planning to give it to Athrun... he can't control those, can he?)
in episode 36, Dullindal explained that the control mechanism for the DRAGOON system has been upgraded so that it can be controlled by anyone
well anyone as in a pilot skilled enough to be given the suit i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

FelixZeroAlastor
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Interesting ep. Destiny is really something. Love that after-image effect. I think Shinn is almost to that point of no return though. Rey just keeps on using Shinn. Man Rey is annoying. I wonder what Shinn's face will look like when he sees that Kira, Athrun, and Mayrin are all still alive?

oyabun
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:21 PM
nice eps, athrun came through shin a little, ray is gay as usual, and why didn't rey use the dragoon system?
it was sad too see luna cry..

i like ads too!! alpha 3 is coming out , can't wait!!!i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by: oyabin
nice eps, athrun came through shin a little, ray is gay as usual, and why didn't rey use the dragoon system?
it was sad too see luna cry..

i like ads too!! alpha 3 is coming out , can't wait!!!

I'm thinking that the Dragoons may not be able to fly in gravity?

Not like they needed it.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks for clearing up the DRAGOON thingy, I actually missed when that was explained in ep 36.

@oyabin: "rey is gay as usual"

Okay, what gay thing did he do now? Tell Shinn to do his duty? Hell yeah, that's soooo totally homo. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

MeroTZ
Sun, 07-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks for clearing up the DRAGOON thingy, I actually missed when that was explained in ep 36.

@oyabin: "rey is gay as usual"

Okay, what gay thing did he do now? Tell Shinn to do his duty? Hell yeah, that's soooo totally homo.

Maybe he didn't mean gay as in homosexual? I certainly am liking Rey less and less, and Shinn more and more in this episode.

Also, I am of the opinion the whole "Rey is gay" thing originated under false pretenses. While Rey's reaction to Dulindal at that one point was certainly odd, it is certainly in line with the behavior of someone seeing a father figure after a long separation, especially given that Rey's social developement might be a bit stunted.

I thought Rey was odd when he got all emotional too, at first, but after learning more about his past it suddenly makes much more sense.

Cion
Sun, 07-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Sub is out, Cellphone^2 version.

http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:579...9da37d34f51097.torrent (http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:5796/torrents/1a094b6b7800329e66663122d59da37d34f51097.torrent)

Wi|DdR!v3
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:01 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: MeroTZ

....INTENTIONALLY missed the GOUF's cockpit?...

i doubt shinn would expect them 2 survive an explosion right @ their face (but somehow they always do even mwu)
damn that hand beam thingy from destiny reminds me of G-gundam btw where's athrun and meyrin getting sent 2

oyabun
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:06 AM
sorry if i offended any rey fan here.rey didn't even care for meyrin that she's in the gouf, even in the shooting scene,in my opinion, that's so gayish. and his relatioship with gil is wierd. i remeber the eps where rey jump to gil, father complex? maybe...

Deblas
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: oyabin
sorry if i offended any rey fan here.rey didn't even care for meyrin that she's in the gouf, even in the shooting scene,in my opinion, that's so gayish. and his relatioship with gil is wierd. i remeber the eps where rey jump to gil, father complex? maybe...

Rey is 110% loyal to Dullindal. If he tells him that one specific person is an enemy, or associated with the enemy, he will have no hesitation towards killing them.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:43 AM
Cellphone is out, go get it!!!!

http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:579...9da37d34f51097.torrent (http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:5796/torrents/1a094b6b7800329e66663122d59da37d34f51097.torrent)

Haro Tori is out too:

http://www.point-blank.cc:7000...5d3bc7e1843e1917153a61 (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/torrent.html?info_hash=e31df10c13eb3769595d3bc7e18 43e1917153a61)

Knives122
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:44 AM
that was a pretty cool episode, it doesnt seem like Shinn will be changing anytime soon regardless of his contradicting feelings in this ep.

Legend and Destiny are definately fast, I-Justice and S-Freedom will definately have to be something to match them(but we all know they will)(b/c they seem like the last two gundams shown in the show(maybe) and we alknow they are more or less the most powerful).

that whole little Sob-fest Shinn and Luna had was understandable, She obviously knew the situation(or at least the lie that was fed to her) and she confided in Shinn b/c he was the one that did it.

Oh well, the next eps will finally show The right path Athrun and Kira should've taken a long time ago(hopefully)

ArcZero
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:02 AM
umm...... i dunno about you guys but i didn't see meyrin anywhere after the gouf was destroyed. i only saw asuran in the hospital

Cion
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:03 AM
Were finally seeing the Chairmans true color, that was quite some lies to keep
Shinn in the fold. Things are starting to very intersting.

Cion
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by: ArcZero
umm...... i dunno about you guys but i didn't see meyrin anywhere after the gouf was destroyed. i only saw asuran in the hospital

Hmm check around 20:26(in subbed vers) and you will both see Meyrin and Athrun.

ArcZero
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:12 AM
whoa..... just watched the raw and OMG. Destiny was a whole lot more cooler than i ever gave it credit for. and the wings look really pretty too (^,^)

oyabun
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:26 AM
yeah, meyrin is there with athrun in the medical room, and i also realize we can't blame rey for what he is, im sure he has a sad story and he thinks gil is his fahter or lover..he only follows gil and it shows gil is truly the bad guy..

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Jesus this was even greater now, when Rey said "She isn't needed anymore" about Meyrin I was like "shiiiit".
And Shinn's breakdown was amazing when you could see what he thought about, and the way he twisted back and forth while Athrun & Rey tried to convince him in either direction. Holy shit. AWESOME! Other than that I guess it's pretty much official that Gil is the villain now and that he wants to ehh... destroy stuff. This "ideal world" he talks about is probably something really insane. Who would have thought that Rey would turn out like this in the beginning of the series? Lovable.

XwingRob
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Good episode, but I hope Shinn gets sabered now, hehe.
Destiny sure is pretty awesome.

Edit: And since Shinn's journey to the darkside is complete, I expect him to start slaughtering kids in a few episodes.

oyabun
Sun, 07-03-2005, 03:20 AM
Jesus this was even greater now, when Rey said "She isn't needed anymore" about Meyrin I was like "shiiiit".
And Shinn's breakdown was amazing when you could see what he thought about, and the way he twisted back and forth while Athrun & Rey tried to convince him in either direction. Holy shit. AWESOME! Other than that I guess it's pretty much official that Gil is the villain now and that he wants to ehh... destroy stuff. This "ideal world" he talks about is probably something really insane. Who would have thought that Rey would turn out like this in the beginning of the series? Lovable.

rey said that????? i jsut finished downloading the sub version! i take back all the stuff i said up there, REy is gay!!! its final. i love meyrin as much as luna! die rey!

fenix000
Sun, 07-03-2005, 03:39 AM
lol first of all enough with the gay jokes about rey! lol its just getting old with all u guys thinking he is some insain homo that loves to give it 2 gil ! and im not a fan of rey either but i certainly like the roll he is playing .. he puts a bit of spice in it and reminds of of our favour evil villin Rau. From all the posts i c we have finally figured out that Gil is a baddy, how sad.. he certainly had me fooled at the start i for 1 couldnt understand why the AA crew and Athrun snap alot about his movements and choice until i watchd it a few times and read some posts about it.

I havnt seen Ep 37! im DL right now ill post ma thoughts about it ASAP! i cant wait to c it even with the bloody RAWS posted i will Refuse to DL the Raw b4 the sub. Just ruins the experience lol =P

danholo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Cellphone is out, go get it!!!!

Why don't you just edit your first post and add the link there? It's much easier that way! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oyabun
Sun, 07-03-2005, 03:44 AM
even at the start of gsd, me and my friends notice something strange about gil. and as the story progress up to the point where lacus was targeted by assasins, we conclude that gil is evil and planning something. yey were right! hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 03:47 AM
@danholo:
I did something similar, I put the answer as that post so it's actually ABOVE my first post! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SorC
Sun, 07-03-2005, 04:32 AM
I've just watched the sub and damn me, but Rey and Gil a cagey. If it weren't for Luna still being on Minerva I'd say Shinn has no hope of redemption. However with her still there I think it's still a 50/50 thing. It just depends on who he spends more time with. Her or Rey. The scene where Shinn and Luna comfort each other leads me to think that Reys grip on Shinns thoughts may begin to slip in the next few eps.

As for the chairman I REALLY want to know what the hell his goal is. I was pretty sure that he was some sort of villain the first time I laid eyes on him. But he still hasn't actually shown any TRULY villainous qualities, well other than the fact that he ordered AA, Kira and Asuran shot down.

Also the fact that Meryn is an information expert makes me think that she's going to be a lot more important in the future eps that I initially thought she would.

Hmmm, possibilities possibilites

Can't wait i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

{GSD}Freedom owns
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:22 AM
interesting ep... so ZAFT is going to att orb i sense SF might be coming out very soon if not a preview in the next ep (cant wait). this is getting pretty weird with everyone surving explosions right next to them mind you its a anime not real life but still they coulda made a better way for him to escape...

fenix000
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:45 AM
OMG i soo loved this ep!

I guess its obvious Gil set athrun up for a big fall and turned him and anyone asssiated with him into a trator. Im also suprised at shinn, tho i shouldnt be i am at the descison he choosed, kill athrun and meryn. I see it as obvious as the chairman is a madman, he is only repeating history and has brought nothing new except a brilliant strategy, which i must say is fking brilliant at how he is manipulating everyone including the entire world ! The only question remaining for Gil , is he really a nut case or does his words really have a true meaning in ending the war?

At least we all knw athrun and meryn are alive and im guessing SF and IF are coming out defenitly in the next few episodes so hope we get a better insight of Gils perpose and finally get to see Athrun and Kira ... Side by side like they should be in the good old seed days. And if im not mistaken, nothing beats the good old days =P

Ohh and i saw The plans for IJ and its a awsome! i was actually wondering when they would put a deflector shield on the shield itself!!! since the EAF realease that i knw stright away that stuff had to be equip on a shield to work nicely and athrun has it on his IJ looks awsome i love it. (or pistron deflector whta eva its called)

oyabun
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:47 AM
i gust got an idea while playing gsd in emulator. a while ago my friend was complaining that sf was weaker because it lost the beam cannon on its back. well rey can use the laser canon of legend on its back, like freedom used to, so maybe SF cando it to right? firing the beams even though its still on its wing? do i make sense? help me clear this one

Dannynonsense
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:02 AM
wow an excellent episode a lot of things happended here that are so important

hey did anyone think that the conversation between rey shinn and duillandal seem somewhat rehearsed on rey and duillandal's part the man is a genius. patrick zara doesnt hold candle to him even amongst chaos he still looks like the good guy

next thing imo it looks like kisaka was a spy sent to monitor zafts movements and dig up some info and was the one who hacked into the raganork whatever the hell its called to get the specs on destiny and legend

destiny is one incredible machine the chairman wasnt joking about its speed, it look so cool when it use the palm cannon. also did and one notice what gundam stood for in legend it wasnt the same thing as destiny but the same as providence Generation Unrestricted Nuclear Drive Assualt Module

lastly i think from this episode we can start making theroy's about shinn, if in the end he'll leave the darkside and crossover. one more event that is soon to happen i think will seall his alliance but the words that asuran said about the chairman when he begins to see them for himself or hears the chairman state his true intention who knows what will happen cant wait to see.

PSJ
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Great episode. Shinn develops a bit into a more mature character, hugging Luna and all. Almost starting to like the guy.

Rey and Dullinandal on the other hand just gets creepier. You could see how Rey manipulated Shinn while fighting Asuran. Rey definitly don't consider Shinn only a friend. Dullinandal and Rey are using Shinn you can smell it. This makes Rey even more interesting.

To me it looks like Talia and Shinn will soon defect from ZAFT along with the rest of Minerva, counting out Rey of course. The last villian in this i reckon will be Dullinandal, no way in hell is the guy clean.

Overall awesome episode, i can't wait for more.

Madell
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:47 AM
@ Terra the sub link... it was already posted so you didn't need to post it again

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by: Madell
@ Terra the sub link... it was already posted so you didn't need to post it again

That's because -I- was the one who posted it, duh.
I just made my post "the answer" so people could access it from the first page.

DragonBladeX
Sun, 07-03-2005, 10:41 AM
With the after-imaging of Destiny as shown in this ep when its in flight, is it safe to say that Destiny may be as fast as if not, faster then SF? Probably, IMO. Kira's going to have a hard time with Destiny. Then again, with the specs probably being hacked by kisaka, they might have a fighting chance after all. Destiny is now my next fave mecha after SF i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Dullinandal has got the whole world dancing to his tune now, if Heaven Base is gone, ORB is next and perhaps the world will know peace...under Dullinandal's rule i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. At least he wasn't lying about ending the war though, it was a similar concept of klueze, except that klueze wanted to end the world=end war. Warped logic if you ask me.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-03-2005, 10:46 AM
omg, this ep is now my fav i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, the action, the dialog, the luna-shinn scene , wow, really good stuff here

and DESTINY ROX!!!!! omg, that speed is just so unfair but totally awesome >o<!!!, man i can c y strike freedom needs those dragoon pods

it think it is
speed ( god i love fast things): destiny
fire power: legend
close combat: infinite justice
balanced: strike freedom

telemari
Sun, 07-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Great Episode!

Now Talia know how Maryu come to betray own people. And Rey ... he is just awesome. I hated him, but now I like him - he is just SO EVIL. Guys like Darth Vader, doesn't even come close! Now we even don't know if its chairman manipulating Rey, or Rey manupulatin Chairman. He definitively lives up to the name of his genes i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

And Destroy is back! Wooohaaaa.

EDIT: and it's getting better and better and better ... I'm looking forward, that Rey and Shinn will totally own anyone in theyr new suits and they will think they are invictible. And then, SF and IJ will come ... first WTF they can stand against us?! and second WFT Kira? WTF Athrun? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Bwahahaha!

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Everybody are amazed as usual by the new main mech, Destiny.

In my eyes, Destiny is just yet another one of the gazillion Gundam mechs with trademark red/blue/white colors. Isn't it amazing how despite the fact that all the main gundams look almost the same they keep getting fans all over? I mean everybody are fucking crazy about Freedom yet it's only Strike with a pair of wings. lol.... ah well.

Legend is where the shit's at <3

danholo
Sun, 07-03-2005, 11:56 AM
It's just a great color scheme. Who knows why...? I personally like all the new suits except for the Legend, which is ok, but seems to be nothing special. Wings make Gundams look cool and the Infinite Justice is just awesome as well. I didn't like the Abyss or Chaos that much but the Gaia looked great.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-03-2005, 12:28 PM
i like destiny cause of its insane speed, that isnt something other gundams have shown yet

Souryusen
Sun, 07-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Destiny is the ugliest main gundam since non-hyper Shining Gundam (hyper fucking rules). I definitely like how speedy they made it and I love how they actually equipped it with an anti-ship sword, something that was lacking in a lot of the other big assault-type gundams. Shinn's gonna have that two-handed-sword-lunge shit down to a fucking art by the end of the series, the rate he's going. Hooray for overkill!

PSJ
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:45 PM

In my eyes, Destiny is just yet another one of the gazillion Gundam mechs with trademark red/blue/white colors. Isn't it amazing how despite the fact that all the main gundams look almost the same they keep getting fans all over? I mean everybody are fucking crazy about Freedom yet it's only Strike with a pair of wings. lol.... ah well.

Nah you got it wrong Terra. It's Infinite Justice for life. Noting can beat that suit, i do agree that Destiny is nothing special tho.

Hell it's just impulses 3 modes put into one unit. The anit-ship sword, insane speed and beam cannon. Tell me what's special about this suit, cause i can't find it.

Now IJ on the other hand got some insane shit. Beam sabre(?) between it's knee and toe, now that is some innovative shit right there. A beam sabre/boomerang in the shield, how cool is that? The unit got more melee beam weaponry than Legend got beam cannons. It fucking rules.

telemari
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Terra, I don't think there is another mech with that crazy purple wings like destiny i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MeroTZ
Sun, 07-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ

Nah you got it wrong Terra. It's Infinite Justice for life. Noting can beat that suit, i do agree that Destiny is nothing special tho.

Hell it's just impulses 3 modes put into one unit. The anit-ship sword, insane speed and beam cannon. Tell me what's special about this suit, cause i can't find it.

Now IJ on the other hand got some insane shit. Beam sabre(?) between it's knee and toe, now that is some innovative shit right there. A beam sabre/boomerang in the shield, how cool is that? The unit got more melee beam weaponry than Legend got beam cannons. It fucking rules.

While Infinite Justice is the best thing since Strike Freedom, I do think Destiny has a few things going for it... the uber speed, the wings which provide it with super speed... well, maybe theres more too it than that, but its not what I'd call non-special.

Oh well, Athrun is gonna give Shinn the surprise of his life when he takes Destiny out with a beam roundhouse to the face.

PSJ
Sun, 07-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: telemari
Terra, I don't think there is another mech with that crazy purple wings like destiny

They are pink not purple.

@MeroTZ: Super speed and wings isn't enough to make it special. All gundams got wings these days. As for the speed they made it faster, since when did they not try to make new suits faster? Imagine how it would sound when they brainstorm about the new suit "hey what if we made it slow?" wouldn't work.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:29 PM
it had after images...meaning it was ultra fast i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Everon
Sun, 07-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Great episode. Hehe Shinn really that character I'm loving to hate. He goes berserk on Asuran then later acts like he had no choice with Luna.

I hope Luna get ahold of the flight recordings and hears Shinn acting like a maniac.

Mae
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Good ep. Athrun did alright, given the circumstances, and Shinn actually regretted something he did in battle (omg). Meer looks miserable, Talia's getting more and more unhappy with the situation, and Meyrin and Athrun are left unconscious in an ORB plane.

About Destiny, it's alright, but come on people, it has pink butterfly wings. Pink butterfly wings are NOT something I generally associate with huge destructive war machines.

I wonder what Lacus meant when she said that if the Chairman took out LOGOS than it would be too late to stop him. Maybe he's more into the "end racism, kill everyone" philosophy than I previously thought... Although this sets us up for a convenient misunderstanding where everyone thinks that Athrun, Kira, and the AA are allied with LOGOS. I'd guess one more ep of setup before mayhem ensues i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

darkshadow
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:32 PM
actually, only near the thrusters it looks pink, more outward it looks more violet to me, and since violet is the pimpalicious colour of mace windu's lightsaber, destiny owns!!!!!i/expressions/devil.gif

Darknodin
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Imagine how it would sound when they brainstorm about the new suit "hey what if we made it slow?" wouldn't work.

what about Destroy?
or the thing with shields that can stop a Loehregrin?

slow!!!

Aeon
Sun, 07-03-2005, 08:18 PM
I just wanna hear Shinn yell out shining fingers just once. Anyways it was a great ep, Meer and Talia annoyed me cause they aren't being good little puppets anymore.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-03-2005, 08:39 PM
haha, being a person who watched g-gundam for like 2 weeks i acctually know what your talking about. seriously though, what was up with Destiny's hand thing? and i figured Rey was going to launch those dragoons. Also, i'm getting the feeling shinn's going to bail on ZAFT so is the whole entire minerva staff besides Rey who Shinn or athurn will kill (i hope its shinn even though i like athurn better)

Mut
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I will never like Destiny because the gundam reminds me of Chouji, and Chouji is a fag.

XwingRob
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
haha, being a person who watched g-gundam for like 2 weeks i acctually know what your talking about. seriously though, what was up with Destiny's hand thing? and i figured Rey was going to launch those dragoons. Also, i'm getting the feeling shinn's going to bail on ZAFT so is the whole entire minerva staff besides Rey who Shinn or athurn will kill (i hope its shinn even though i like athurn better)

Er, the Dragoon things aren't really flight possible in an atmosphere environment.

zn|¹
Mon, 07-04-2005, 12:28 AM
What I got from this episode is that Shin needs to get some giant sword to cockpit aiming lessons.

narutosharingan
Mon, 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Haro tori has it out

Terrific episode. Talia is starting to realize the trickery of Dullindal. Everyone else is shown alive for the first time, Asuran is alive too.

And Lacus mentions that after the Heavens base is gone, they will go after ORB. Man I hope Asuran gets back to Archangel quickly.

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Man Shinn!! You really suck using a sword!! Second time you miss the damn cockpit.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Fun thing is that if Shinn could do his cockpit aiming thing correctly, he would now have both of the Seed leads on his death list i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Everon
Mon, 07-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Well Shinn's a puppet, so he isn't that smart to begin with.

Destiny reminds me more of a hummingbird more than a butterfly. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think Destiny is a creampuff because of it. Hummingbirds are freaking scary.

oyabun
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:02 AM
I thnk destiny is a balanced suit with a good speed, gil menttioned it before that shin needs a faster suit to match with him. it has 3 arnaments of impules. its prett balance.. Still, SF and IF is stronger. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RoninChaos
Mon, 07-04-2005, 05:40 AM
The episode sucked. I don't know what the rest of you are on but the episode had about 2 minutes of fighting which consisted of Asuran getting his ass kicked (minus all the talking between shin, asuran, and rey) with the rest of the episode dedicated to everyone being surprised and shocked. I don't need to see every single officer and grunt on the gibralter base talking about how they feel. That should be a given and doesn't need to be explored to the extent the writers did.

The story and planning for Gundam Seed Destiny sucks. They need to actually move the story along. If we compare it to the original then everyone would be back in space already. The previews for all the big battles show us alot of scenes to get us hyped up to watch the next episode, but the action doesn't kick in until the last 3 minutes after we've seen EVERY suit launch from the minerva. Then they cut us off and make us wait for the next episode.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Jesus, 8 posts and each of your replies is more cynical than the last. Pretty amusing actually. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Exploding Gundams/Mobile Suits that didn't kill the pilot:

Kira - Sword Strike
Asuran - Aegis
Andrew - Bacow (spelling may be wrong)
Mwu - Aile Strike
Mwu - Windam
Kira - Freedom
Asuran, Meyrin - Gouf

Talk about high survial rates.....

Aramis
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Gosh theres so much illogical plot twists going on.
Firstly how did that orb aircraft know to pick up Athrun and Meyrin from the ocean in the middle of nowhere?
And then the archangel and real Lacus are starting to look like the bad guys here. Why cant they just let ZAFT do their job? What makes them think that ORB will be attacked afterwards? That makes no sense at all.

LokeXero
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Exploding Gundams/Mobile Suits that didn't kill the pilot:

Kira - Sword Strike
Asuran - Aegis
Andrew - Bacow (spelling may be wrong)
Mwu - Aile Strike
Mwu - Windam
Kira - Freedom
Asuran, Meyrin - Gouf

Talk about high survial rates.....

And yet non main characters can be shot in the leg of the MS and they blowup and die from 1 shot...

Motteh
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
Well Shinn's a puppet, so he isn't that smart to begin with.

Destiny reminds me more of a hummingbird more than a butterfly. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think Destiny is a creampuff because of it. Hummingbirds are freaking scary.
have you ever seen a hummingbird stay at 1 point in the air?
i wish i could move my arms at that speed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jesus, 8 posts and each of your replies is more cynical than the last. Pretty amusing actually.
i think everyone will be surprised if he actually posts something positive for a change i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

anyway to stay on topic, i'm one of the few that waits for Haro^2Tori^2
so i'll give my views after it's done and has been watched

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:23 AM
I must take this opportunity (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/bscap007.jpg)

to once again stress (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/bscap008.jpg)

how fucking much I LOVE this scene! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/bscap006.jpg)

Before this scene, I liked Kira & Shinn equally (which both were in the "I don't care particularly about them" casket). But now, SHINN FOR THE WIN! It was so sad and the way Shinn is attempting to hug her, yet still hesitating because he doesn't know if it's right, is just so much more human than Kira ever was. LOVE!

Also, I really dig how Lunamaria doesn't do the typical anime cliche girl gig. Any given girl would be like "OMG YOU KILLED MY SISTER I KNOW YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE BUT I WILL HATE YOU ANYWAY" and then be a bitch the rest of the series (read: Flay). But Luna is a mature girl who, while naturally saddened beyond belief, realizes that Shinn is her friend and that he suffers almost as much as she does.

GUNDAM SEED DESTINY OWNS ALL

(but it would own even more if Yzak was in every episode)

telemari
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Psyche:
Athrun selfdestructed the Aegis, he was like 100 metes away when Aegis exploded, so it don't count i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Also, Kira was aiming only to disable Windam, not to destroy it. That's 5 gundams destroyed with 6 people alive in 87 episodes. And Michel, Tolle, Astray girls, Extended 1, Extended 2, Extended 3 (i don't know names), La Kruuze, Haine, Auel, Sting, and Stella are DEAD. And some characters caused quite a mess while they looked dead, (Andy, Mwu (twice), Kira (twice)), even when they survided. And also characters sentenced to death (Kira, Shinn, Deakka, Yzak, maybe even Athrun by his father).

In comparsion, in Naruto, there are 2 dead characters from the "good" side (3th and Hayate) and 7 characters from the "evil" side (sound five, zabuza and zaku, eh, i mean haku) in 140 episodes.

Interesting ratio - GS is pretty deadly and I like it because of it.

Terra:
It's sad they will build relationship on death of someone who is alive i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

btw, Meyrin is more than we think - on bakaupdates , there is one anime right under GSD from haroharotoritori, subbed by some group named ... MEYRIN. is she member of Illuminati or something?

Zariel
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Good episode, it shows how Shinn is starting to realise he is a puppet now, we also know that he still has some "light side" within him... just someone needs "amplify" it.

I would think he did not purposely aim for the cockpit, something must of hit his mind and purposely missed.

But, I still hate Shinn for even attempting to kill Merilyn, IT WAS LUNAMARIA'S SISTER!!!!, it's a sin to kill nice looking women due to the fact they are so rare. (its anime, but hey).

Glad to see Cagalli's Bodyguard (sorry, forgot name) back in action.

I had thought the crew would bash the crap out of Shinn when he returned to Minerva, or even Lunamaria slapping Shinn (wish she did, tell him to wake up).

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:47 AM
You forgot Dosu, Zaku & Kin from Naruto telemari. But other than that, yeah, you're right. I love the "deadliness" of Seed/Destiny and I actually wouldn't mind even more deaths i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif It's just too bad that you can't be sure that an explosion kills something. I mean, when something blows up I -want- to think "He/she/it is fucked". But the effect of this is like "oh, an explosion, I wonder if he/she/it survived?". I don't like that :/

telemari
Mon, 07-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Terra: Yeah. I knew there are more bad guys i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif And you're right with that explosions.

Also, what exactly exploded in Freedom and GOUF (it's abbreviation, isn't it)? Normal MS hit by shinn makes really small explosion, but when plot says, it's explosion that can take out half of a city (we have small cities here in Europe i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). That goes for Murasame (small explosin when hit by shinn, but BOOOOOM when crushed on Minerva), Freedom (we can say that it was a reactor, even though reactors can't explode like this) and GOUF (wtf?). or maybe just ZAFT suits are more explosive? Have anyone noticed "warning, high eplosive mobile suit" label on them?

... it looks we are returning to cynical reactions i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Dannynonsense
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:08 AM
the writers probbaly just exagerate the cliffhangers so the viewer is hooked like when freedom blew up everbody wanted to watch episode 35 to find out if kira was dead (which means more ratings) take a look a back when the minerva shot the tanhauser at the archangel doesnt anyone think that explosion was just overkill. seriously that was something else and makes one wonder how did they survive

Motteh
Mon, 07-04-2005, 11:03 AM
just finished watching the episode and i must say that Shinn's behavious in this episode is a little contradictive
first he's doubting, then he's resolute and attacks, and then he's doubting again,
both Athrun and Rey trying to convince/persuade him isn't really helping either ofcourse,
which in my book is another 2 points to add making Shinn the #1 on my fav list
i also have to agree with Terra on that particular scene, it was splendid
furthermore, before Minerva/Talia was on Dullindal's top priority but know he pushed her aside,
increasing the doubt of Talia more i assume
i also have the feeling that in nature Rey is more extreme then Dullindal, since to a point Dullindal is relying on Rey for his intel, and thus Rey can filter it as he sees fit (assumptions of mine here)

i won't give an opinion on either Destiny or Legend yet, since it's obvious that when it comes to what they're capable of we haven't even scratched the surface yet

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Finally, some character development for Shinn. At first he was all like "screw you, zaft is always right, orb sucks, and I'm going to kill you". Now he is starting to think more and deciding what is really right.

super_sayayin
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:50 PM
does anyone have any idea how athrun gets infinite justice? does he steal it or does lacus give it to him

telemari
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:53 PM
maybe if meyrin really has some info, she can help them steal or even build it. but i think that was just excuse for rey to force shinn fire .

AlbinoFury
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
only one problem

the new units have . . . .

pink seatbelts

they must be destroyed!

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Anyone who says "A true man wears pink" should be burned alongside his pink wear.

Motteh
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by: telemari
maybe if meyrin really has some info, she can help them steal or even build it. but i think that was just excuse for rey to force shinn fire .
i thought that they didn't tell Shinn untill the "debriefing" in Dullindal's office
so it's most likely just a set up by Dullindal to give a valid reason why Meyrin was with Athrun and why they had to be shot down

Board of Command
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Both Destiny and legend look gay.

Everon
Mon, 07-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
Anyone who says "A true man wears pink" should be burned alongside his pink wear.

Meh you're just jealous that you don't look as good in watermelon shirts as I do.

Dannynonsense
Tue, 07-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by: super_sayayin
does anyone have any idea how athrun gets infinite justice? does he steal it or does lacus give it to him

if you wanna know dont ask in this thread you might get someone in trouble go to the upcoming events seed destiny toughts thread of the forum you might find the answer there

ArcZero
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice will be given to them by God. it'll drop out of the sky and fall right on them, killing them in the process. so there ya go

KapsLocked
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Likewise, any man who can't stand a simple color isn't a man.

OT though, I think there's some good character development for Shinn in this episode also. I feel like Shinn is going to end up sacrificing his life for the survival of some other character(s), and if it was for AA it would just come full circle.

It's interesting how much political commentary the writers put into these stories. Like how much about facism is currently being shown in this episode even though in the beginning of the series it seemed like ZAFT was very free and understanding. Now there's a lot of the "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Hence why I don't think it makes sense that Dullindal brings out the order to shoot down AA and Freedom - it seems like just a political maneuver rather than for actually providing for an end to war. If ZAFT were teamed up with AA then it would have that much more power... but alas, it is not so. It seems to make sense that he's gotten the world going against LOGOS considering that they did start the war in a way.

... but there's also the loose end of who brought the terrorists to bring Junius 7 down to strike Earth. Is it possible that Gil is being a hypocrite in starting a war to gain control of the earth?

DragonBladeX
Tue, 07-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Gil most likely wanted AA out for he knows that her crew would not join Gil's cause for the war, his chosen targets, Logos and the real Lacus were obstacles to his ruling of the earth. Lacus would not support his cause and Logos would create more weapons for more fighting, any new faction could rise up and content with Gil for earth.

For the terrorists, it was probably made known to Gil that they existed but he chose not to interfere with them, and knowing their stance on the government, let their hatred for it grow. I assumed the only involvement of Gil in the case is that he perhaps supplied them with the technology and mobile suits for their operation secretly. They would carry out the operation and ZAFT was made to look good by at least attempting to stop Junius 7 and helping those affected on ground.

Motteh
Tue, 07-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by: DragonBladeX
They would carry out the operation and ZAFT was made to look good by at least attempting to stop Junius 7 and helping those affected on ground.but if that was their intention you must admit it totally backfired, because the hatred for coordinators as a whole just rose to a boiling point after the Junius 7 incident
but then on the other hand i'm still wondering who or what group is responsible for the attempt to assassinate Lacus
perhaps that was Dullindal's first attempt to get rid of his opposition, perhaps it was the same group that caused the Junius 7 incident (with or without Dullindal's discrete help), perhaps it was a totally different group that had some grudge against Lacus
i'm really hoping we'll get an answer to that because if they don't give me an answer before Destiny ends i might get (more) insane

DragonBladeX
Tue, 07-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't really think that any coordinator would really hate Lacus that much, seeing her just on national broadcast is enough for coordinators to agree with what she had just said, whether its the truth or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. Then again maybe theres a small group of people angered at the weakness of the Clyne governing back in SEED so it might seem logical that its this group that wouldn't mind taking out Lacus. Its going with Gil's plan anyway, by taking out Lacus, Meer has the undivided attention of PLANT without the real one interfering. I still believe that Gil had a hand in it, just like the terrorists that dropped Junius 7. That seems to be logical for now until the show deems otherwise.

While earth was initially incensed at PLANT, even to the point of attacking it, Gil made attempts at peaceful talks with earth and used the defending of PLANT to further his war. EAF probably made the mistake of attempting to rally the whole of earth to fight PLANT once again, most countries remember what happened back in SEED and wanted to stay neutral. EAF had to forcefully round them up to join them, which was probably what Gil was expecting, making his cause of 'taking back' ZAFT's terroritories easier. The Logos speech was most likely a trump card to rally the whole world against Logos, taking out another obstacle.

Guardian_2000
Tue, 07-05-2005, 12:41 PM
This episode brought so much more development and insight into some of the characters personalities. We see how much more of an ass Rey is. The chairman's true colors are starting to show. Shinn has his shining moment of humanity which sorta disappointed me as I found the direction they had his character going in interesting. Now we get more of the predictable stuff that people hated about kira. Either way its a chance for Shinn to show his softer side since the women in his life just keep dropping like flies by his actions or indirectly through them. Could Lunamaria be next? I also gotta agree that the chairman had to have had a hand in the attempt on Lacus's life. Hes been pissed about her moving around in several eps.

http://seed.eatshoe.com/ since the answer for the thread doesn't mention SEED-Fansubs

or the Direct Link: SEED-Fansubs ep 37 (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/%5BSEED-Fansubs%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2037.avi.torrent)

Filthy_Pervert
Tue, 07-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Ghi-ghi, lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Let's have some Anal Cunt:

I saw you hugging with another man and I noticed that you're gay!
I saw you playing piano and I noticed that you're gay!
I saw you having long blond hair and I noticed that you're gay!
I saw you shooting at the anime chick and I noticed that you're gay!

I just saw the gayest guy on Earth! I just saw the gayest guy on Earth!

Something like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Nai
Tue, 07-05-2005, 08:30 PM
This Episode was simply amazing. Well, at least until you saw that Meyrin and Asuran both were still alive. Seems like only the characters I like die when they should. Rey ( who must the sexiest character ever conceived in this franchise! ) finally got to show how god damn ruthless he is; "She's just as guily as you. There's no reason for her to live." Shinn is also becoming a much more interesting character to me as the "Beast of ZAFT." I really can't tell you how happy I am that Shinn was the one who cut down Asuran. That, and I fucking fell off my chair when Shinn went SEED. God damn climax!

The hugging scene was also splendid. Once again showed us that Shinn isn't just a little angsty prick who wants everyone dead.

masamuneehs
Tue, 07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
This episode brought so much more development and insight into some of the characters personalities. We see how much more of an ass Rey is. The chairman's true colors are starting to show. Shinn has his shining moment of humanity which sorta disappointed me as I found the direction they had his character going in interesting. Now we get more of the predictable stuff that people hated about kira. Either way its a chance for Shinn to show his softer side since the women in his life just keep dropping like flies by his actions or indirectly through them. Could Lunamaria be next? I also gotta agree that the chairman had to have had a hand in the attempt on Lacus's life. Hes been pissed about her moving around in several eps.

Oh it was beautiful to see Rey fall to the ways of the Dark Side so thoroughly in the past couple episodes. My evil ambitions for him are finally materializing! I am slightly irked by how much of a lapdog he is for Dullindal, but I have a feeling we'll be getting a better look at his rationale and thoughts as he becomes the main villain.
Legend looks so much like Rau's final mobile suit/armor at Yakin Due... same colors too.. Mwhaha... And is the ID code for his unit 666? Excellent!

Unfortunatley, Rey fell into the pitfall that all villains seem to ultimatly lose to: letting that tiny tiny tiny chance that your enemy escape happen. IF I were him I would have jumped into the water and turned that Gouf into tin can tops.

It was touching to see that moment with Shinn and Lunamaria. I wonder how Rey is going to handle Shinn. IT seems like Rey has no real skills with comforting others and I think Shinn's emotions will lead him away from ZAFT.

Oh, and this episode also made me quite sure that Yzak and Deaka will soon join Lacus up in space... UGH.

And now the ArchAngel and Kira will become the Righteous Third Party, waving THE NEW FLAG and triumphing over evil! Guess the lesson of this show is to flop around causing hell for both sides until you see how you can be the lesser of three evils. Seriously, all their past ignorances and idiotic interference in the war will be ultimatley disregarded when thye organize the Third Party to defeat Dullindal's evil intentions and ensure that the Logos and Blue Cosmos never manipulate the people again!

Its so sugary sweet and set up for a happy ending that it makes me sick. Kira should be dead too. Tell me that fucking huge Beam Sword right near his cockpit didn't melt him... didn't even scratch him!?! Oh that,s right, he turned off the Nuclear Generator... fucking BS... If some main characters don't start dying.... I mean, this was one of the biggest problems in Gundam Wing, fucking invincible protagonists, always managing to scrape by and survive. Kira's done it twice, Athrun this time AND getting bailed out by Cagalli at Yakin Due.... GOD!!!

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Agreed masemune, unfortunately Fukada (Seed's director) doesn't have the balls to kill off main characters.

Note also that it was precisely the above statement that got me banned at the www.gundams.net forums. Elitist fuckers! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Barandax
Wed, 07-06-2005, 12:15 AM
I dont know about this being a Shinn turning point. He seem'd like a zealot to me actually when he went off on Athrun saying he would kill/remove anybody in the way that threatened peace. A noble gesture, but that to me doesn't seem like the actions or words of a hero, but more along the lines of thinking that Rau Le Creuset had. It was nice that he was pretty upset about it later but still, he cut down Athrun and Meyrin without much thought at the time. He just seemd to give into his anger like always. Also remember the episode 40 spoilers that have been posted

Read the fucking RULES (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=15365&enterthrea d=y). See you in a week.

GotWoot Moderator

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Without much thought? Didn't you see his inner conflict he had before going into seed mode?

DragonBladeX
Wed, 07-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Rey and Asuran wasn't helping Shinn there, muddling his thoughts even more, to the point where I believe that the thought of preventing more war and bloodshed now prevailed in him. He wasn't in the proper state of mind to even see thru the lies that Rey and Gil are telling him. Then again, he believes in them so much.

DDBen
Wed, 07-06-2005, 09:18 AM
I found it rather interesting that Shinn did almost the exact same thing to Athrun in a Gouf as he did with Kira in freedom. a sword attack into a non vital area on the mech. I'm not sure if this is suppose to be seen as a reluctance to kill or if he's just really that clueless.

MeroTZ
Wed, 07-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen
I found it rather interesting that Shinn did almost the exact same thing to Athrun in a Gouf as he did with Kira in freedom. a sword attack into a non vital area on the mech. I'm not sure if this is suppose to be seen as a reluctance to kill or if he's just really that clueless.

I dont know about Kira's case, but I got the impression that Shinn really didn't want to kill Athrun (thought he could have taken a page from Kira and, you know, taken out a camera or something). Maybe he felt if he didn't try though, he would disapoint the chairman and Rey?

bigdaddy843
Wed, 07-06-2005, 09:57 AM
actually, i think shinn was trying to kill kira and the fact that kira survived was not intended by shinn. oh, and i agree that shinn sort of missed athrun on purpose.

DDBen
Wed, 07-06-2005, 10:48 AM

I dont know about Kira's case, but I got the impression that Shinn really didn't want to kill Athrun (thought he could have taken a page from Kira and, you know, taken out a camera or something). Maybe he felt if he didn't try though, he would disapoint the chairman and Rey?

I disagree with this as Shinn wouldn't have been nearly as upset if he didn't think he killed Athrun plus he had no way of knowing that they would be picked up from a 3rd party source. His attack while reluctant was definatly a intentional attempt at killing Athrun and Meyrin and he believes he did so.

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-06-2005, 01:36 PM

I disagree with this as Shinn wouldn't have been nearly as upset if he didn't think he killed Athrun plus he had no way of knowing that they would be picked up from a 3rd party source. His attack while reluctant was definatly a intentional attempt at killing Athrun and Meyrin and he believes he did so.

Which is why I was so disappointed that Rey didn't go make SURE that Athrun was dead. ... It's always the bad guys undoing, leaving the hero for dead...

While Kira surviving that near-cockpit shot from Shinn is absolute BS, I also buy into the fact that Shinn probably didn't want to kill Athrun or Meryin, and even if it was subconscious, missed because of that.

What I do find highly unlikely is that the ZAFT forces at Gibraltar let that EAF ship just drift away from their port INTO the area that Dullindal specifaclly said needed to be investigated and closed off from others. Its one thing to invite former enemies into a coalition, it is an entirely retarded other thing to let them mill about as they please... Seriously, where the hell is the surveillance & security? The EAF could easilly have sent in spies and taken down a shitload of ZAFT at Gibraltar...

And I wonder why the hell that EAF captain decided to go check out the battle scene... Oh wait, that's right, that's where the convienent retarded hole in the plotline comes in to save our heroes!

Fuck...

fox_t
Wed, 07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Which is why I was so disappointed that Rey didn't go make SURE that Athrun was dead. ... It's always the bad guys undoing, leaving the hero for dead...

While Kira surviving that near-cockpit shot from Shinn is absolute BS, I also buy into the fact that Shinn probably didn't want to kill Athrun or Meryin, and even if it was subconscious, missed because of that.

What I do find highly unlikely is that the ZAFT forces at Gibraltar let that EAF ship just drift away from their port INTO the area that Dullindal specifaclly said needed to be investigated and closed off from others. Its one thing to invite former enemies into a coalition, it is an entirely retarded other thing to let them mill about as they please... Seriously, where the hell is the surveillance & security? The EAF could easilly have sent in spies and taken down a shitload of ZAFT at Gibraltar...

And I wonder why the hell that EAF captain decided to go check out the battle scene... Oh wait, that's right, that's where the convienent retarded hole in the plotline comes in to save our heroes!

Fuck...

Did u watch GS at all?

DDBen
Wed, 07-06-2005, 03:19 PM

And I wonder why the hell that EAF captain decided to go check out the battle scene... Oh wait, that's right, that's where the convienent retarded hole in the plotline comes in to save our heroes!.

Well this is basically pointless ranting on your part but let me answer your questions.

First off Shinn went into seed mode with the full intention of killing Athrun as Shinn is basically a berserker I highly doubt he would bother going seed if he had no intention of Killing them. Then again he can't really control his seed mode anyway.

Now as for the EAF ship going to check out the wreckage. Note that he launched and presumeably retrieved Athrun and Meyrin before Dullindale gave the order to have the area sealed off and as he likely had the friend or foe codes for the zaft base and there was a lot of movement in preperation for the attack on heavens base. I see no problem with him getting in and out considering his timing.

Finally note that the guy who went to get Athrun was Calgari's bodyguard in seed and was likely well aware of the situation and who he was going to retrieve.

Barumonk
Wed, 07-06-2005, 04:25 PM
While Kira surviving that near-cockpit shot from Shinn is absolute BS...

Considering the size of most mobile suits, I would say Freedom's cockpit is near 10-15 feet above where Shinn hit, since its in the chest and not the torso. Shinn would actually be closer to a death blow of he took out Freedom's main camera (head), so really there is no reason why Kira would die from Shinn's attack.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 07-06-2005, 06:25 PM
is it me or did it look like the gouf had an IWSP pack?

Sano
Wed, 07-06-2005, 11:05 PM
When I first saw Dullindal, I thought he was a cool character. Now I think him as a bastard. It was interesting to see Shinn struggle with the order to take down Athuran. It seemed Shinn had more flashbacks of Dullindal than of his flashbacks of Athuran. I was disappointed that Shinn didn't remember Athuran's saying: "Those who cry, cry because they are powerless. But once they obtain the power, they become the ones who make others cry."

~strike-freedom~
Wed, 07-06-2005, 11:34 PM

Finally note that the guy who went to get Athrun was Calgari's bodyguard in seed and was likely well aware of the situation and who he was going to retrieve.

i don't think he knew who he was about to rescue, seeing from the last couple eps... cagalli's body guard had no idea, that athrun was going to defect. he prolly rescued for useful information about the attack/ future plans of zaft. (sry if this becomes a spoiler)

john_doe_107
Thu, 07-07-2005, 12:55 AM
i think athrun's gonna die by the end of destiny, lets hope i'm wrong
but seriously man..destiny needs more deaths of major characters, there's too many to begin wih anyway. athrun would be a good scapegoat..don't cha think?

KapsLocked
Thu, 07-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
i think athrun's gonna die by the end of destiny, lets hope i'm wrong
but seriously man..destiny needs more deaths of major characters, there's too many to begin wih anyway. athrun would be a good scapegoat..don't cha think?

I think it would make more sense if Kira or Shinn died.
-Shinn could change his mind about Orb and end up defending AA while getting blown up like Mwu in GS,
or
-Kira can die valiantly while defending the damaged AA/Orb, causing Athrun to go SEED and pwn.

DDBen
Thu, 07-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by: ~strike-freedom~

i don't think he knew who he was about to rescue, seeing from the last couple eps... cagalli's body guard had no idea, that athrun was going to defect. he prolly rescued for useful information about the attack/ future plans of zaft. (sry if this becomes a spoiler)

Considering who he was I'm pretty sure he knew who he was going out to rescue. With his connections to Calgari in the first place he was likely sent out to contact Athrun and when the order came to capture him he likely was able to assume who was piloting the gouf in such a manor.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 08:35 AM
I don't know if this discussion is over yet, but anyhow my 2 cents on Shinn's intentions:

I am 110% sure he meant to kill both Kira & Athrun. While there might have been hesitation inside him, I am quite sure he is not the kind of guy who does something in a half-assed way. Once he sets his mind on something, he does it. That's just the way he is. I mean if he had any suspicions that Athrun/Meyrin were still alive, why would he break down like he did with Luna?

It will be funny once he notices that both of his kills were void though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SorC
Thu, 07-07-2005, 08:49 AM
It will be funny once he notices that both of his kills were void though.

Heh. I agree. I can't wait to see the expression on his face when he realises that both Asuran and Kira are alive! Which ever ep it's in is sure to be brilliant just because of that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DDBen
Thu, 07-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't know if this discussion is over yet, but anyhow my 2 cents on Shinn's intentions:

I am 110% sure he meant to kill both Kira & Athrun. While there might have been hesitation inside him, I am quite sure he is not the kind of guy who does something in a half-assed way. Once he sets his mind on something, he does it. That's just the way he is. I mean if he had any suspicions that Athrun/Meyrin were still alive, why would he break down like he did with Luna?

Terra Hell must have frozen over because we fully agree on this.

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-07-2005, 01:06 PM

I think it may be what takes him down a peg.

"What do you MEAN I didn't actually get either of them!?" and then everyone will be like, "God Shinn, you suck!".

Well, maybe not the second one. But I'm sure it will shake Shinn to the core, and hopefully he'll learn just how good a pilot Athrun is capable of being, on the recieving end of a beamsabered roundhouse to the face.

Dannynonsense
Thu, 07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
this is a little late but after thinking about ep 37 nonstop i began to wonder, Hey asuran went out the same way mace did in star wars when anakin killed him. anakin i mean shinn is wondering should he do it than palpatine is like do it or wait i mean rey is like they betrayed Zaft!! He finally does and was like damn it and feels sorry about it but in the end comes to think he was right for doing it. duillandal knows the force is strong within shinn so he cant afford to lose him maybe rey or duillandal will start calling shinn apprentince

Sano
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Interesting comparison. I too believe Shinn was trying to kill Kira and Athuran. The only reason those 2 are alive is because of their excellent piloting skills. Kira and Athuran both perhaps at the time before the impact, slightly adjusted the MS so the strike missed the cockpit.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 04:01 PM
@DDBen: Interestingly, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if has a deeper meaning, for hell to suddenly freeze over i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

@Dannynonsense: Nice comparison indeed! I didn't think of that.

@Sano: While that might be true, my theory is that Fukada (director) just doesn't have the balls to kill the leads off, and thus only tosses in the explosion to add cliffhanger value for the watchers (though in my opinion it cheapens the aspect of death in Seed). I also assume that things like these are needed for Shinn to grow.

MeroTZ
Thu, 07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
@Sano: While that might be true, my theory is that Fukada (director) just doesn't have the balls to kill the leads off, and thus only tosses in the explosion to add cliffhanger value for the watchers (though in my opinion it cheapens the aspect of death in Seed). I also assume that things like these are needed for Shinn to grow.

Its not so much a cliffhanger when
A: Its predictable, and
B: He shows us they are still alive in the same episode.

Personally, I think that scene was just to show off Destiny. Storyline wise, the only thing that whole deal accomplished is the fact that Dulindal thinks Athrun is dead. Unless thats more important than that sort of stuff normally is, nothing much was gained from that entire fight.

Oh well, I dont like losing the characters I like. I'm hoping one of the new mains dies (SHINN!) instead of the old guys. I feel like they survived the first season, and therefore deserve a happy retirement.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I was mostly referring to the Kira defeat though, but in the case of Athrun's defeat it can still be a cliffhanger even though it's resolved in the same episode.
In any case, it's there for a dramatic effect. And in that respect it works very well.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
i think he intended to take down the gouf, but not kill athrun, sounds strange, but i think its sorta like the naruto sasuke thing, that he would break his arms and legs to bring him back, but after he succesfully attacked he realised he "killed" athrun, the scene at the stabbing was meant to portray the death of athrun, notice how the lightning lights up the sky, and makes silhouettes out of the 2 ms, drama stuff........

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:12 AM
this may sound crazy but i think the seed mode shinn wanted to kill athrun but the normal shinn didn't, because remember he can't control his seed mode =P

naruto-kira
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:27 AM
yea...in every episode if shinn gets on seed mode,he goes berserk, he's a killer, intentions of killing, i think that is the only way for him to get on seed mode is getting really angry.

Motteh
Fri, 07-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
yea...in every episode if shinn gets on seed mode,he goes berserk, he's a killer, intentions of killing, i think that is the only way for him to get on seed mode is getting really angry.
well basically, wasn't that how Kira went SEED in Seed untill he could trigger it at will?
something tells me that Shinn will soon be able to aswell and still remain clearheaded while he's in SEED mode
although i don't really hope he will, cause berserk Shinn is just way too much fun to watch in action

DragonBladeX
Fri, 07-08-2005, 07:38 AM
I don't think he gets into SEED only thru anger. There was 1 episode where his sense of self-preservation took over and caused him to go SEED. Of course, ever since that episode his SEED mode has came mainly thru anger. The result is the same as Kira in GS, in the 1st half. A lot of killing...

Filthy_Pervert
Fri, 07-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Gh! "Clearheaded Shinn" sounds like nonsense i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:16 AM
shinn practically gets pissed at every battle so thus going SEED mode most of the time,, so does that count as controlling it ? o_o

darkshadow
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:42 AM
he was clearheaded, in the ep kira shredded athrun, and he killed auel

Dannynonsense
Fri, 07-08-2005, 10:55 AM
at that point seemed clear headed but the reason why he was even in seed mode was because of his anger towards cagalli trying to stop the battle and mostly because kira was going to begin with his random attacks and him being the first target

darkshadow
Fri, 07-08-2005, 11:41 AM
hmm yes

Without FREEDOM or JUSTICE now is the time to STRIKE it is our DESTINY to succedeed in ridding the world of those who crave war, and act on IMPULSE for this world is in need of a SAVIOUR.........i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif sry i couldnt resist i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dannynonsense
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:15 PM
edit: i dont blame you but dont be suprised if i add on what you put to mine lol

darkshadow
Fri, 07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
i knew i added the last part lol, thats y i said sry