PDA

View Full Version : How Many Arcs Have There Been In The Anime?

xxnike629xx
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
topic

Honoko
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
zabuza arc, chuunin exam, tsunade arc, tea country travesty, chase sasuke arc, and now the current thing. i think that's it. am i missing anything?

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
IMO, this is a pretty good way to split up the arcs of Naruto:

http://www.naruto-kun.com/naru...nime/episode+list.html (http://www.naruto-kun.com/naruto+anime/episode+list.html)

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Yup, that just about sums it up perfectly and if you look at you can even see the filler episodes.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Meh, I think thats cut up into too many parts.

I think everything up to the end of the wave country is one Arc.

Everything during the Chuunin exam up to the end of the Preliminary matches is an Arc.

The Chuunin finals and the attack on Konoha is the third Arc.

The search for Tsunade is the fourth arc.

And the mission to get back Sasuke is the fifth arc.

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-05-2005, 04:19 PM
I'd agree w/that 'cept I think the first 5 should be separated as they are truly only introductory and have nothing to do w/the wave arc.
So for me:

1. Introductory episodes
2. Wave Arc <---best arc! XP
3. Chuunin Exam arc
4, Chuunin Tournament/Invasion of Konoha arc/"Gaara Arc"
5. Tsunade/Rasengan arc (starting w/the return of Itachi)
6. and then the most recent Sasuke arc

Naruto's pretty weird to me in that it doesn't have clear cut story arcs as most shounen series do (where they are separated on the basis of which big baddie they are trying to beat). Otherwise everything since the "Zabuza arc" would have become the "Orochimaru Arc".

DarthEnderX
Wed, 07-06-2005, 05:33 PM
See, I don't agree with that because when I think of an arc I think of a DBZ "saga". I think of what would get boxed together if it was released in storyarcs, and there's no way that the first 5 episodes would come in a different package than the wave country storyline. Thus, I consider it all one arc.

Naruto's pretty weird to me in that it doesn't have clear cut story arcs as most shounen series do (where they are separated on the basis of which big baddie they are trying to beat). Otherwise everything since the "Zabuza arc" would have become the "Orochimaru Arc".

Not true at all, Naruto is just like other shounen series in that case, I can give you the exact fights that mark the ends of those arcs(which usually a windup episode or 2 afterwards).

Kakashi vs. Zabuza
Lee vs. Gaara
Naruto vs. Gaara
Jirayia/Tsunade vs. Orochimaru
Naruto vs. Sasuke

If anything, the attack on Konoha would be the Gaara arc, not the Orochimaru arc. Granted, Orochimaru is the more powerful badguy, and the one behind everything going on in the background of the story, but the central story there is Naruto, the main character, and his main adversary, Gaara.

NM
Wed, 07-06-2005, 08:34 PM
This is how I divide it up:

Enter Naruto! and Zabuza/Haku Arc
Chuunin Exam (1st Test, 2nd Test, and Preliminary Matches) Arc
Chuunin Exam (Main Matches) and Konoha's Destruction Commenced! Arc
The Search for Tsunade/The New Technique! Rasengan Training Arc
Mission at the Country Of Tea Arc <-- Filler
The Promise and Mission! Return Sasuke! Arc

And now this current filler arc.

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
See, I don't agree with that because when I think of an arc I think of a DBZ "saga". I think of what would get boxed together if it was released in storyarcs, and there's no way that the first 5 episodes would come in a different package than the wave country storyline. Thus, I consider it all one arc.

Not true at all, Naruto is just like other shounen series in that case, I can give you the exact fights that mark the ends of those arcs(which usually a windup episode or 2 afterwards).

Kakashi vs. Zabuza
Lee vs. Gaara
Naruto vs. Gaara
Jirayia/Tsunade vs. Orochimaru
Naruto vs. Sasuke

If anything, the attack on Konoha would be the Gaara arc, not the Orochimaru arc. Granted, Orochimaru is the more powerful badguy, and the one behind everything going on in the background of the story, but the central story there is Naruto, the main character, and his main adversary, Gaara.

That's exactly why I listed the Invasion of Konoha as the "Gaara Arc" (or saga i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)
I guess you're right. My point was that Oro has been the big baddie for the majority of the series, yet we can't call it the "orochimaru arc" because there have been other threats and stories. Like the chuunin exam. And Gaara.
So it's different from other shounen series like that. At least to me. And I have also noted the "arc endings" as you have as those same episodes.