PDA

View Full Version : Who says Karate doesn't work?!

Deblas
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:01 PM
To clarify this a little. A pimp was hitting her bitch right. So this karate master came up to him and said not to do that. So the pimp got pissed. Watch what happens.

click me (http://www.m90.org/view_image.php?image_id=3269)

Jman
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:39 PM
So sad. What kinda pimp takes cabs?! LOL
Anyhow, he got his shit rocked big time.
Ye old one hitter quitter.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Men who attack women are fucking spineless and do it so they can feel fucking macho.

I wouldn't feel the need to say that but I just remembered I still have someone to kill for doing it to a friend of mine.

darkshadow
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:49 PM
lolol, that was fuckin funny.....but i hate karate ne way...........with passion

Jaredster
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:21 PM
That was awesome. But that pimp looked like a loser anyways, you could kick his ass without any fancy fighting.

Racso
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
One Hit.....one man down!!!!!!!!! this karate guy ROCKS =) ........ about the Pimp Was he drunk or he is just Stupid??????

Xollence
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL that happened to me once, but with a 60 year old grandmaster. He palmed me in the stomach and I was gone. Hehe he asked if I wanted to join his school afterwards.

Lefty
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:29 AM
The thing is karete works against stupid and the unexpecting. Crazy is another matter. I've seen a black belt taken down by a normal guy who just wouldn't stop. Guy ended the fight with a berage of headbuts. Every martial art has it's holes. Crazy is one of them.

Edit: I don't mean crazy as in insain or drunk, I mean some one who will not go down unless you kill or knock them out them.

complich8
Thu, 06-30-2005, 03:56 AM
gotta admit, it was a good solid hit on a not-very-solid person.

The "crazy is one of them" thing only applies if you're not willing to severely debilitate the person attacking you. The biggest holes of all are to be found in "crazy".

If you're, say, a master of muay thai, you'll very likely be able to snap the person's arm at the elbow when they swing at you. Is it sporting? No! Is it fair? Sure! they're freaking crazy! It's all about noticing that they're the type that need to be debilitated and made physically unable to continue attacking, just before they MAKE you realize it. And, of course, being skilled enough to completely dismantle them in a debilitating way, if it seems necessary.

Xollence
Thu, 06-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Well a black belt in Karate is totally different than a black belt in any other martial arts. Even I'm a blackbelt in karate, doesn't mean shit when it comes to fighting though. I think Karate and Tae Kwon Do are more of an aerobic exercise than a martial art, well for most people anyway.

kooshi
Thu, 06-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Although I saw this video a long time ago on TV, it's always good to see something like this over and over again. I just love it when losers and such get beaten, especially one-hit KOs, regardless of who they are.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
Well a black belt in Karate is totally different than a black belt in any other martial arts. Even I'm a blackbelt in karate, doesn't mean shit when it comes to fighting though. I think Karate and Tae Kwon Do are more of an aerobic exercise than a martial art, well for most people anyway.

As a black belt in Tae Kwon Do I hear a lot about the "flash and trash" thing that refers to it. It's just mainly a defense art, somehting that gives you a fundamental understanding in how to shift momentum, parry attacks etc. and also where to attack and how. Strength just isn't a very big part of it.

Aclypze
Thu, 06-30-2005, 05:11 PM
This made me sput out my pizza all over my keyboard......DAMN IT

Racso
Thu, 06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel

As a black belt in Tae Kwon Do I hear a lot about the "flash and trash" thing that refers to it. It's just mainly a defense art, somehting that gives you a fundamental understanding in how to shift momentum, parry attacks etc. and also where to attack and how. Strength just isn't a very big part of it.

hmm.... interesting point of view!!!!!!!!! i practice Greco-Roman and I belive that the strength is very important thing, even do not only in Karate or Tae Kwon Do you need to be in calm, the thing is think with your head not with your muscles!!! so there is not a big differece between all these sports i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

darkshadow
Thu, 06-30-2005, 06:18 PM

im soon to be a black belt in taekwondo..... no way in hell can you compare it to i aerobic exercise, it all comes down to what kind of training you get, we are trained and pitted for fights ( we do alot of sparring, with no protection, and about 90% power at max )not the demo part of the martial art, we are trained to take you down as fast, hard and painfull as possible, seriously you wouldnt want to fight me

im also very proficient in ninjutsu and kungfu

Kezren
Thu, 06-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Not all Karate and Tae Kwon Do Dojo's are belt mills. Each style is different in their teachings. Some places actually make you earn your belt, to call Karate or Tae Kwon Do in general as "more of an aerobic exercise than a martial art" is ignorant. All styles have people that hand out belt's like candy. Some people are more interested in gaining the 50 bucks a month and handing out belt's to keep their "students" complacent than actually teaching the art as it should.

Xollence
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I didn't say all were. But almost all of the schools around my area are. You see little 10 year olds get black belts. They give you a new color belt every month around here as long as you pay for it.

Lefty
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Thats the Mc Dojo problem thats occuring within martial arts in the US. I do kendo and children arn't even elidgable for testing till their about 10-12 and the testing is very harsh. The testers let nothing slide. I would say 7/10 martial arts dojo's will have real licensed and/or qualified teachers of the art.

GhostKaGe
Fri, 07-01-2005, 07:39 AM
worst thing is them demo guys who insist on doing all these pointless flips and spin around alot wile waving around a polished stainless steel $20 off some crappy website mock katana sword and try to call what they do martial arts id call it acrobatics at best

for the most part when it comes to a real fight martial arts isn't gonna be much help al you can rely on is experiance and good instinct even then theres always a chance the other guy could get in a lucky shot

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 10:27 AM
you^ prolly just insulted a couple of guys, including me, cause i do demo's sometimes too, the point of being able to kick high, spin fast, make flips, do triple kicks in the air is that your normal kicks and punches become blazing fast, super powerfull, and very controlled, i can easily kick with force above my own head hight, but if i do a low kick, the power and speed is so much higher, y do you think ppl train with weights?, because without them you are faster and stronger, same goes for being able to spin fast and jump high, and no really, if you are trained right, nobody is gonna land a lucky shot on you, the only thing that might happens is that some1 overwhelms you, other than that, some1 without training doesnt stand a chance

Xollence
Fri, 07-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Hmmm... I don't know NextHokage, I've seen my friend take on people more than twice his size. If you know a real martial art then I doubt the other guy can land a single hit on you or even have the time to.

BTW dark where did you get that statistic in your signature? I think 98% is a bit too high, hehe.

Kezren
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
"when it comes to a real fight martial arts isn't gonna be much help al you can rely on is experiance and good instinct"

That is the point of kata's and constant repetition of certain movements. so that when you enter a battle instead of flailing around, you have a organized attacks that have already been ingrained from years of practice. Demo's are usually just flashy stuff to get people interested in the style or art. Although being able to kick someone thats 6'5 in the head when your 5'4 is also part of the training.

Although I do Disagree with Dark and Xollence to a certain extent. You can be as good as you want to think you are, regardless theres Always a chance that someone could get a blow in, wether it be from a planned strike or a flailing of the arm you didnt see. The fact that your practice martial art's just reduces that chance.

Mut
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:46 PM
That video... where was the 'karate' part in it? Any person walking the street could've done that so-calld move.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:53 PM
i c mut is back....

and kezren, no there isnt a chance some1 could land a LUCKY hit on me, that chance does not exist
what could happen though is that also has the ability to fight to some extend, or there are multiple ppl you gotta take on, that y i said if you get overwhelmed then yeah, you could get hit, but no way in hell is some1 gonna get through my guard if he aint trained or has a natural ability to fight

Y
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: darkshadow
and kezren, no there isnt a chance some1 could land a LUCKY hit on me, that chance does not exist

Internet tough guy alert!

Mut
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:08 PM
im soon to be a black belt in taekwondo..... no way in hell can you compare it to i aerobic exercise, it all comes down to what kind of training you get, we are trained and pitted for fights ( we do alot of sparring, with no protection, and about 90% power at max )not the demo part of the martial art, we are trained to take you down as fast, hard and painfull as possible, seriously you wouldnt want to fight me
Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha, right.

im also very proficient in ninjutsu and kungfu
No, you're not. Trust me.

PSJ
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't need karate to beat that pimp. He looked more like a homeless guy than a pimp tho.

@ Darkshadow: Saying how tough you are on the internet isn't a good idea. People will make fun of you, You make it sound like you're some killingmachine. Can you take out a bear with 3 moves to? America will need to watch out if they ever are going to invade The Netherlands, a one man army like you will defeat the entire U.S army without breaking a sweat ey? No more bullshit, you aren't a masterfighter.

DO
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:21 PM
i c mut is back....

what could happen though is that also has the ability to fight to some extend, or there are multiple ppl you gotta take on, that y i said if you get overwhelmed then yeah, you could get hit, but no way in hell is some1 gonna get through my guard if he aint trained or has a natural ability to fight

Your such an e-thug. But you should moderate your stupidity now and then the forums are at its max.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
did i ever say im a master fighter? did i ever say i can take on 3 bears, no you guys are saying that i NEVER said such things, i only mentioned how i was trained, im NOT saying i cant be beaten, cause ive been beaten alot of times, im just saying that just some random person , wont be able to land a LUCKY hit on me, thats just not possible, you guys are now treating me like i said i beat the crap out of tony jaa, let li, jackie chan, with my hands tied, simultaniously, in 5 secs

again in never said how tough i am, i just said how i was trained, heck i mean you wouldnt want to fight a UFC fighter or K1 fighter for no reason either right??

Mut
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:37 PM
again in never said how tough i am, i just said how i was trained, heck i mean you wouldnt want to fight a UFC fighter or K1 fighter for no reason either right??
lol, you just compared yourself to guys who train to fight other professional fighters for money.

Look at my avatar, I'm a jungle witchdoctor with an axe and a hammer. I'd rape you. You're just a fucking apple.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:45 PM
i train to fight at tournaments to win, not to lose, if im not good enough i get beaten, and because of the ninjutsu i know alot of lethal breaking tech's, thats aslo y evade fights on the street, cause those peeps dont know when to stop attacking, and if i would have to disable you it could be lethal..
look if i wanted to tell you guys how "though" i am, i would've made a thread about it, saying how long ive been training, what ive won, how many times i've competed, and all that other crap, but i didnt, i just replied to some1 who was underestimating martial arts ( when properly trained), i already posted in a other topic that im not 1 who likes to showoff, so i almost never do

Y
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm a chainsmoking journalist who carries a bowel disruptor gun.

You're fucked, Mut.

Assertn
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:59 PM
assertnfailure + glock > darkshadow

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 04:00 PM
^^ that is very true lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 04:06 PM
"Look at my avatar, I'm a jungle witchdoctor with an axe and a hammer. I'd rape you. You're just a fucking apple."

ROFL

Instant "Gotwoot quotes hall of fame" material.

Racso
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:37 PM
My Avatar is f@#$ing eye and so what..................TOPIC please....

we are talking about the fallen Pimp and the Karate Guy........... yes he only hit once(and that is the impresive thing!!! ok)

Mut
Fri, 07-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't mean to troll, but there is nothing impressive about this video. What the KARATE MASTER did was the nerdy judo chop on that loser's neck. Which isn't anything spectacular. I think people are just making a big deal out of this because the bum was knocked out by a guy who is a martial artist with some notable amount of experience (I'm assuming he had to be well trained since he is teaching other guys). Personally, I think that loser could've been knocked out by any hit with some fair amount of force from anyone seeing as how he didn't appear to be coherent to begin with.

On a side note. NOBODY MESS WITH DARKSHADOW!!!!!!! SUPER MARTIAL ARTIST WITH A CLICHE, "SCARY" NAME

Racso
Fri, 07-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi
I don't mean to troll, but there is nothing impressive about this video. What the KARATE MASTER did was the nerdy judo chop on that loser's neck. Which isn't anything spectacular. I think people are just making a big deal out of this because the bum was knocked out by a guy who is a martial artist with some notable amount of experience (I'm assuming he had to be well trained since he is teaching other guys). Personally, I think that loser could've been knocked out by any hit with some fair amount of force from anyone seeing as how he didn't appear to be coherent to begin with.

well you are right !!!! there is nothin speciall about this so tell me about what are we going to post here.......... About the super apple technics?

and about this:::i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

On a side note. NOBODY MESS WITH DARKSHADOW!!!!!!! SUPER MARTIAL ARTIST WITH A CLICHE, "SCARY" NAME

(ja ja ja ja)*1000000i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 08:22 PM
*sigh*, ok mut, if you want go ahead and keep labeling me like that, i wont even bother trying to convince you otherwise

Deblas
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Well, if you notice before the karate guy made his move he made a stance. But I really don't care if you think its works or not. I posted cause it was fucking hilarious that this pimp did all that to kick his ass and a punch was all did to take him down. Thats really the point of this topic.

Lefty
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:07 AM
i train to fight at tournaments to win, not to lose,
That can cause a few problems within your techique and basics. My sensei tells us all the time there is a big diffrence between tournament kendo and real kendo. I've seen that apply to almost every martial art there is. I'm not saying your bad but, being a good tournament fighter and a good pactitioner of a martial art can be two compleatly diffrent things even at the black belt level.

Jessper
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi

I love watching stupid people get owned, as such this was a great video that I very much enjoyed.... stop trolling mut seesh. =P

GhostKaGe
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:24 AM
you^ prolly just insulted a couple of guys, including me, cause i do demo's sometimes too, the point of being able to kick high, spin fast, make flips, do triple kicks in the air is that your normal kicks and punches become blazing fast, super powerfull, and very controlled, i can easily kick with force above my own head hight, but if i do a low kick, the power and speed is so much higher, y do you think ppl train with weights?, because without them you are faster and stronger, same goes for being able to spin fast and jump high, and no really, if you are trained right, nobody is gonna land a lucky shot on you, the only thing that might happens is that some1 overwhelms you, other than that, some1 without training doesnt stand a chance

You see things like <u>some</u> demos and these guys train for nothing more than aesthetics and im sure they train hard at what they do .Im not saying these flips and stuff don't have a place there good fitness and agility training if nothing else but can it really be called martial arts (in the traditional sense)

i c mut is back....

I can't comment on you or your style or wether or not your well trained and able to effectively utilize what you train i only know you from your posts but saying theres NO chance someone could get a LUCKY shot seems optimistic (confident but still optimistic)

Im not the best fighter in the world but i can hold my own if i have to and i've had my butt kicked more than once but ive won at least 1 fight where i shouldn't have because i got in a lucky shot

Originally posted by: Lefty
Thats the Mc Dojo problem thats occuring within martial arts in the US. I do kendo and children arn't even elidgable for testing till their about 10-12 and the testing is very harsh. The testers let nothing slide. I would say 7/10 martial arts dojo's will have real licensed and/or qualified teachers of the art.

The whole Mc Dojo thing seems to be a problem everywhere these days run by people who are unqualified and seem to pull there arts history from bad 80's ninja movies and try to pass what they teach as legit styles

darkshadow
Sat, 07-02-2005, 02:47 PM
in the traditional sense? i would say yeah, seeing how kungfu incorporates stuff like butterfly kicks and twist, cartwheels, and 540 kicks, so i would say, to some extend, yeah flips and twist can be considered martial arts

Lefty
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:00 PM
But they tend to lose the groundings of how to truly use it. I've known a few demo guys and they can't fight for shit because they don't know how to use it porperly. They know fomrs and have trained to the point their teacher is even impressed at how good thye are, but when it comes to them using it in a fighting situation it's just ugly to watch. I tend to stay away from acrobatics and kicking cuz you have chance of losing your footing. I've doen it to some guys they kick I grab their and thow them acrooss the room. Not knoking it but am weary of some of those guys teaching students.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah, because those demo guys, dont think you would be able to do a thing, if they do a certain move on ya, but i was actually refering just to the old shaolin kungfu style and training, which also trains flips and twist, but you cant tell those guys that they cant fight, lol they are fighting machines

400posts &gt;o&lt;\V/

edit: LOL

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/5071/punchbunker4fp.gif

Kezren
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:48 PM
If youve been in tournaments you know the best thing to do is stick to basic maneuvers the fancier you get the better chance of the opponent interrupting or you losing footing. Shaolin monks train for their whole lives in monasteries, they are taught from a very young age and gain discipline and control over their body and movements through years of intense training. That is why they can perform certain things and not lose footing as easy as someone who hasnt trained for the equal amount of time.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:25 PM
omg , ppl love to misunderstand me, i was just replying to the "in a traditional sense", nothing more, nothing less

sheez...

ChaosK
Sun, 07-03-2005, 01:43 PM
i understand, but you cant understand if you havent ever been in a tournment, in tournments sometimes the point IS to look flashy for the sake of winning, if you were acctually on the street fighting some1 of course those flipping crazy jumping moves would be a waste of time.

Venomspawn
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:28 PM
That depends on what type of tournament you compete in, there is a difference on what moves you use during a Fullcontact-tournament and a Point-tournament(atleast from what I know from competing in Fullcontact karate).

Lefty
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Fullcontact is more true to the natrue of Karate. I hate point systems, thats why i dont do many Kendo tournaments. I see alot of good trounamnt Kendoka but they suck so bad when faced with someone with decent basics. I wish it more like the good old days of real duels. First to make a good killing cut wins.

darkshadow
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
taekwondo tournaments are semi full contact ( low kicks not allowed, no straight punches to the face, just kicks ) point system based, weird but true

Venomspawn
Sun, 07-03-2005, 10:53 PM
I also hate the point system in any martial art competition, thats one of the reasons that I also train Iaido and not kendo.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:50 AM
the taekwondo system is good, cause you can really go all out with your training, its just ofcourse if no1 goes down, you NEED points to determine the winner, but its not like, round 1....... HIT , point!, round 2... HIT point!!.... no its not like that, its really a fight till the third round is over, and if both are still standing, then points determine who has won

Venomspawn
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:29 AM
I dont know if it's the same for all style's of Karate, but in a Fullcontact Kyokushinkai Karate(that I train) competition, you can win by knocking out your opponent, the opponent gives up(not that usual though, more usual to give up between fights rather when your already fighting) or by the judges call. The judges call is probably most common(can only speculate there as I don't know it for sure), there are 4 cornerjudges, when they determine the winner they all look down(so they won't see eachothers vote as they are voting) while raising a red or white piece of paper indicating if the white or red fighter won(each fighter gets either a red or a white belt before fight). The decision is based on who "controlled" the fight during the majority of the time. It can be hard to define control sometimes but most of the time, you can see who is in charge by the moves they use and how the situation appears, I take it you understand what I mean. Also, if the judges are unable to make a decision after 2 or 4 minutes(I'm not sure about this rule, I know there is a condition like this, but I can't remember the details about it) of extended time and one of the fighters weigh more than 10 kilos less then the other fighter, the lighter one automaticly wins.
I could be wrong with some of the details in this seeing as the rules varie from competition to competition.

Kezren
Mon, 07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
ah good to see someone else that practices Kyukushinkai Karate. yea your close enough to right, although its not only controlled. If you knock someone down, or knock the wind out of them visibly you receive half a point. A knock out is usually an instant win. hmm im not sure about the weight thing, but then I never had to have extended time. Although its usually not that difficult to see who is in control of the fight simply by attacks and body language.Also, so far that ive seen all Kyokushinkai karate competitions are full contact. have you been to some that havent?

Edited for spelling.

Venomspawn
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I have never seen Kyokushinkai in a point-contest, that's mostly because ive seen other styles fight with point awards and basically, I think it's really boring to watch. The weight thing is only something I heard while watching an old airing of a European Championship in Kyokushinkai, but as I mentioned, I'm not 100% sure.
I mostly watch Kyokushinkai on the computor after downloading a bunch of recordings from contests, thats because there are hardly any competitions in Sweden, where I live.

Kezren
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Ah I was in one. If you ever see one of the competitor's knock down or knock the wind of his opponent, he is usually awarded half a point.. I cant remember if the judges award it or the ref.If it's the Judges like I think then they should raise a flag corresponding to either red or white depending on the one who knocked the opponent down. Its been awhile, and the ref was a Senpai. but thats the only way to receive a point.

Venomspawn
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Im getting a little bit confused, are you talking about fullcontact or point karate now? Since I thought that you could get points by getting good hits and such in point karate and that you didn't get any points at all in fullcontact karate, even for knockdowns(only the achievement on having knocking down the opponent).

Kezren
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Perhaps it was on a point system, but I dont think so because you could only receive points in the two ways I mentioned. other than that the rest was as you said, except for the weighing part.

Racso
Mon, 07-04-2005, 05:17 PM
maybe it's just me but i think that the tread went to the trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =P

Kezren
Mon, 07-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Sorry racso. Yes I agree a solid blow on a not so solid man. he went down about as easy as I figured he would

complich8
Tue, 07-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by: Racso
maybe it's just me but i think that the tread went to the trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =P

Yeah, but only as of this page. The karate/martial arts discussion in general is quite a valid tangent, and ... to be honest, exactly where you'd have to expect that video and its audio commentary to take things.

Speaking of which ... back on track:

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
i understand, but you cant understand if you havent ever been in a tournment, in tournments sometimes the point IS to look flashy for the sake of winning, if you were acctually on the street fighting some1 of course those flipping crazy jumping moves would be a waste of time.

Depends on the situation. If you're being jumped by 5 or 6 thugs in an alley, and you take down the first one in a painful way doing some extremely flashy move that makes them think you're more skilled than you necessarily might think of yourself as, they might get intimidated and either hesitate or back down. Or they might decide to pull knives or guns, and completely change the face of the situation.

Of course, in like a pit fight or something, the intimidation factor is only really useful for psychological warfare, and I'd imagine most experienced pit fighters would see through that sort of game (and psych themselves up quite a bit beforehand)-- but it would make the audience happy to see that sort of showboating wasteful stuff.

In the case of this video, the guy used very basic stuff (a basic stance, a basic hit), properly executed with black-belt power... it wouldn't really look impressive at all if you don't know anything at all about how impressively sharp, accurate and powerful that hit had to be to take that dude down like that.

Makes me think of this: http://tang.keenspace.com/d/19980222.html

Venomspawn
Tue, 07-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Good to see someone who understands one of the most important parts of martial arts, hard training on basics. As you just said, if you have trained VERY much, a basic attack from a basic stance can be one of the most powerfull.
Those who know how much a chudan maegeri hurts when it hits properly will understand what I mean, for those who dont know what it is I'll explain, a strait kick into solarplexus, the first kick one learns when training Kyokushin karate(not counting hizageri, the knee-kick which you learn at the same time).

Assertn
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=hahahomie

Xollence
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=hahahomie

Hehe it would've been funny if that kid in the red got knocked out.

Assertn
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:15 PM
lol, actually i was kinda hoping that would be the case

Deblas
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
It looks like he did the same move as the other karate guy in my video.

Kezren
Tue, 07-05-2005, 02:00 PM
thats what I figured would happen.

Assertn
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by: Kezren
Sorry racso. Yes I agree a solid blow on a not so solid man. he went down about as easy as I figured he would

Originally posted by: Kezren
thats what I figured would happen.

Well i guess that makes Kezren the authority on predicting match outcomes, huh?

Kezren
Tue, 07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
lol. no I just thought if someone video taped someone doing all those fancy and stupid looking moves the dude in red was going to take a fall. then I saw him actually doing something other than posing. I was wrong because I thought the dude in red would get his ass kicked. =P

Lefty
Tue, 07-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I knew from the setup that he knows real martial arts. it just looks funny cuz at a stage were he can't do a move with out being in a proper begining stance. A some what more advance guy could do most moves from a relaxed position and not have to setup. But he did beat the crap out that loud mouth.

darkshadow
Tue, 07-05-2005, 06:04 PM
his stance was awesome, once he got into it i knew the other guy was gonna end up on the floor, but yeah it did look kinda funny that he needed to be in a proper stance first

edit: after watching again, he dodged him perfectly, before taking him down, the other guy was like going left and right, but all he was hitting was air

masamuneehs
Tue, 07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I hate spineless people, men or women, who push others around who are at a disadvantage and beat up on those they know are physically weaker (the same thing revolts me with those who take advantage of the elderly or mentall handicapped). The karate guy handled himself perfectly. I think it is a finely justifiable thing that the pimp got laid out with that move, which just reminds me of a pimp's back-of-the-hand bitchslap.

And I'm also sure that he and probably the whores were high on something or other.... His movements were not just erratic, they were dulled AND erratic... A great contrast to the karate masters quick and solid blow.