PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on Rey

Blues
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Ok , first off, I believe that Rey is the Stellar to GIl's Neo. The way he acts seems similar, though not to the extent of Stellar and Neo.

Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if Rey was a clone of Raww. Certainly would explain a lot of things...also, that could be why he kept egging Shinn on when it came to fighting the AA and Freedom.

Finally, remember the Druggie pilots from SEED? I remember at the beginning of Destiny, someone (Neo I believe) compared them to Sting, Auel and Stellar, saying that they were "Better than the other three."

Well, judging from his reaction to finding that lab, I believe that he had something to do with the whole Extended thing. Maybe he's one himself, just not to the degree of Stellar and co.

All in all, after watching 36, quite a few things concerning Rey are made clearer to me.

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Lenghty post ahead!

When it comes to Rey I see it as such that he is either...

A. Rau's clone. This would explain the reaction he has with Neo (read: Mwu) as well as similarities and whatnot.
B. Rau's son. Again, similarities and newtype reactions.

Personally I'm quite sure that it's A, for another reason as well.
Remember the flashback where a little Rey runs around with both of his "fathers"? He's just a little kid there, yet Gil & Rau don't look much younger than they did later on.
This leads me to believe that perhaps Rey has grown up faster than he should have, which means that he's inherited Rau's "rapid aging" genes.
That is the main reason to why I believe he's a clone, because being one he'd naturally have the rapid aging as well.

Does this sound sane?
As for his reaction to the lab, it is possible that he was "created" there?

Totally crazy theory: Remember Auel's "mother"? She did look a lot like Rey right? Imagine that Rau was there and knocked up the nurse, creating little Rey who then grew up at the lab? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Can't wait to find out about all this. I'm desperately hoping that Rey is more than just another clone though. I'm quite tired of clones at this point...

What we can say for sure though is that Rey loves Rau & Gil, seeing as he follows Gil's orders and treats him like a father. Also, the flashback of Rey's when Providence blew up indicates that Rau's death meant a lot to Rey.

But why would Rau clone himself?
Again, I have two theories:

A. He knew that his time was short, what's with the aging and whatnot. Thus, he wanted to "recreate" himself.
B. He wanted a "heir" to his ambition of destroying mankind.

B is more likely in this case. Quite possibly Gil eventually came to share Rau's views on mankind, and is behind the scenes trying to achieve what Rau aspired to towards the end of Seed. But still, I am sure that there is much more to it than this... and again, CAN'T WAIT!

Finally, Rey rules. Such an intriguating character.

XwingRob
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Heh, the nurse sure did look a lot like Rey.
But I think Rey was just imitating her(it uh, was a her right?). I don't think there related. I think he is Rau's clone. Or perhaps he was a second clone of Mwu's father, but was in stasis until Rau activated him.

DarkSasuke
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Well i think the Rey is Gay with the Zaft Chairman. or either i mistaken other then that hes coo

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, of course.
The fact that Rey actually hugged another man (god forbid that men ever show affection) clearly indicates that he has an affair with a man whom he sees as a father.
Thank you for this deep and astonishing insight in the psyche of a homosexual male.

Moron.

~strike-freedom~
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:39 PM
lol, good response terra =D

intense
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:09 AM
grrr... rey... well i knew he was a bad guy from the start, but i just didnt know how loong it would take for that to show.
I feel that its going to be Athrun who kills him and not kira (assuming he dies, just like raww) because its always him who tells athrun to stop and stuff... kira has no connections with rey (excluding the fact of raww again) therefore athrun will battle him.
Rey is a cool character, but just not enough character development yet...(comparing to kira/athrun/shinn)

TheFlash
Thu, 06-30-2005, 03:21 AM
rey is gay period, i think the anime wouldn't say he's gay officially, but u get the point. i dont know what are his motives. but he seems like a bad guy, i dunno how he got the pictures of athrun, kira and co. talking. i dout they will mention anything about Rey, he's like GIL's puppet. i dont think GIL knows anything much sense the old mask dude was his mentor. i dout he know anything about war, or even fought in a actual war.

LokeXero
Thu, 06-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by: TheFlash
rey is gay period, i think the anime wouldn't say he's gay officially, but u get the point. i dont know what are his motives. but he seems like a bad guy, i dunno how he got the pictures of athrun, kira and co. talking. i dout they will mention anything about Rey, he's like GIL's puppet. i dont think GIL knows anything much sense the old mask dude was his mentor. i dout he know anything about war, or even fought in a actual war.

He got the Pictures from Gil who got them from Talia who got them from Lunamaria when seh spied on Athrun. I believe he was one of the other clones of Mwu's father who didnt die when Rau burned down the La Flaga House and ran off with Rau to Plant and had a brotherly connection with Rau and an Uncle sorta connection with Gil.

I also theorize that Gil is a Natural not a Co-ordinator and thats reason why he couldnt have a child with Talia (Hence he adopted Rey when Rau died)...

Motteh
Thu, 06-30-2005, 06:00 AM
Rey being either a clone or a child of someone, i'll leave that for the show to reveal (if they will reveal it)
but saying that Rey is just a puppet of Dullindal is selling Rey short i believe
i honestly believe that Rey is the Rau in this series, and seeing as how Rau initially followed every order of Patrick Zara and didn't reveal his true motives untill the latter of the episodes (46 through 50, from memory)
i think Rey has some tricks up his sleeves

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Yeah, of course.
The fact that Rey actually hugged another man (god forbid that men ever show affection) clearly indicates that he has an affair with a man whom he sees as a father.
Thank you for this deep and astonishing insight in the psyche of a homosexual male.

Moron.
*applauds*

nothing more to say on that matter

edit: @ LokeXero "the only way to live a good life is to act on your emotions" i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Indeed, claiming that Rey is a puppet is to vastly misunderstand his character.
His actions, which seem to follow Gil no matter what, can be seen as a type of puppetry from Gil's side but Rey doesn't mind his orders apparently. I'm quite sure that Rey already knows of whatever plan is taking place behind the scenes, thus is just going along with the flow to realize it.

rey is gay period, i think the anime wouldn't say he's gay officially, but u get the point.

lol, right... NOT.

PSJ
Thu, 06-30-2005, 09:18 AM
My guess is that Rey is in on most things Dullinandal is up to. They seem to be very close and Rey seems to know alot more than he is saying.

As for him being a clone, i guess there is a possibility that he is a clone of Rau or Mwu's father but i personally don't want him to be. I'm tired of clones and all that. Neo possibly being a Mwu clone and Mia-Lacus stuff is enough of that. Note that i am not saying that Neo is a Mwu clone only that it was discussed.

Not much more to say about Rey really Terra took care of most of it.

One last thing, lolzor rey is a fag lolzor!!!111 Ehrm, yea i'm also tired of all the gay talk.

romancing_xaga
Thu, 06-30-2005, 01:23 PM
ohk..so what if you people think the same? are you proud of it? hahaha...anyway go rey pride!

PSJ
Thu, 06-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey retard, if you won't contribute to the thread don't post.

There is no reason to make fun of people for their opinion and to answer your question, no i'm not proud because i have an opinion. Is that something to be proud of?

Guardian_2000
Thu, 06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
I get the feeling that Rey is like Rau and Prayer. All clones of Mwu's father. The similarities between the three's looks is too similar. Newtype reactions and shared VA. But with how he had those weird flashbacks when going to the facility. Its like they knew the place was there before hand while they had the talking scene. Just were surprised that Rey had the reaction he did to that place. I was under the impression that the Captain hadn't reported those images to the chairman and kept them to herself and Rey had gotten ahold of them. But I suppose she did report him. Alot of people were wondering if Rey was an extended. The way he went all "happy" that episode when he ran up and hugged the chairman was like what happened to the three Extended when the flares went up. I doubt Rey is gay but he's definately been altered mentally with his responses. I mean to be the cold hard decisive person then go to mush puppy another minute. Its really odd. I can't wait to learn more about him. I suspect if Rey dies there will be quite abit of a flashback to his past. What Rau's plans were for him, what his true feelings if any were about everything. Does he feel the same as Rau. Humanity as a whole should be wiped out.

Blues
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:28 AM
As for his reaction to the lab, it is possible that he was "created" there?

That makes sense...especially when you take the whole "accelerated aging" into consideration.

But here's the thing...if he was created there, would he be considered an extended? Or just a clone. If it's the former, that brings up questions about the Extended themselves. We've seen Stellar, Sting, and Auel. They are rather.....high maitenance aren't they?

Maybe there were different stages of Extended. If so, that could mean that Rey was at the top of list, perhaps being the only "Perfect" Extended. The other three could have been considered semi perfect..meaning that they were dependent on whatever meds they were on to survive.

A lot of maybes there hmmm?

Totally crazy theory: Remember Auel's "mother"? She did look a lot like Rey right? Imagine that Rau was there and knocked up the nurse, creating little Rey who then grew up at the lab?

You know, knowing anime, that's not so far fetched. Wouldn't surprise me at all. lol.

Can't wait to find out about all this. I'm desperately hoping that Rey is more than just another clone though. I'm quite tired of clones at this point...

That makes two of us. Rey has a lot of potential for a GREAT background...I would hate for them to throw it all away and make him another clone.

And as for all the "gay" comments, this is getting ridiculous. Just because two men show some sort of affection for each other, doesn't mean they're "gay"...sheesh.

TheFlash
Fri, 07-01-2005, 01:21 AM
quote-And as for all the "gay" comments, this is getting ridiculous. Just because two men show some sort of affection for each other, doesn't mean they're "gay"...sheesh.

gdamit, he is gay, wut dont u get... REY IS GAY, ITS RYTHMS!!! and the anime gave alot of hints if u think he is not gay, he looks like a girl the first time i saw him, and he hugs a dude, i wont be suprise if his kissed gil, WHICH MOSTLY LIKELY IT WILL HAPPEN. the other extended guys didn't start huging other guys, even the new ones in GS. and one more thing there r 2 type of hugs, there is a manly hug and there is a faggot hug, and u know with that smile when hugging gil, thats a faggot hug...

We don't accept these kinds of posts here. Don't do it again. User has been warned.

GotWoot Moderator

cybercoin
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Loving another man doesn't make one gay.

Anyway, i think he could be a Perfect Extended (if there is one). His loyalty to Gill makes him a puppet and easy to control.

telemari
Fri, 07-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Maybe Gil with his knowledge can create much better Extended than EA?

Motteh
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Indeed, claiming that Rey is a puppet is to vastly misunderstand his character.
His actions, which seem to follow Gil no matter what, can be seen as a type of puppetry from Gil's side but Rey doesn't mind his orders apparently. I'm quite sure that Rey already knows of whatever plan is taking place behind the scenes, thus is just going along with the flow to realize it.
exactly, but the similarity between the way Rey "follows" Dullindal and Rau "followed" Patrick Zala is also striking
while in the end Rau just "used" Plant/ZAFT/Patrick Zala to fulfill his own grand masterplan
so i can't shake the feeling Rey isn't showing his hand (as in cards i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif) just yet

edit: although i do hope they make it abit different from what Rau did in Seed, or i'd think it to be nothing but a cheap copy

NM
Fri, 07-01-2005, 08:01 AM
quote-And as for all the "gay" comments, this is getting ridiculous. Just because two men show some sort of affection for each other, doesn't mean they're "gay"...sheesh.

gdamit, he is gay, wut dont u get... REY IS GAY, ITS RYTHMS!!! and the anime gave alot of hints if u think he is not gay, he looks like a girl the first time i saw him, and he hugs a dude, i wont be suprise if his kissed gil, WHICH MOSTLY LIKELY IT WILL HAPPEN. the other extended guys didn't start huging other guys, even the new ones in GS. and one more thing there r 2 type of hugs, there is a manly hug and there is a faggot hug, and u know with that smile when hugging gil, thats a faggot hug...

Just because Rey hugged Dullindal automatically makes him gay? I guess you never hugged your dad or brother before huh? Enough with the gay talk, your making no contribution to this thread whatsoever moron.

Anyway, my guess is that Rey is most likely a clone of Rau. Back when he was in the lab and started screaming out like that and holding his head probably means he had bad memories there. I'm guessing those bad memories was when he had to survive out of all the other Extended's (since I believe thats what Talia said after doing an analysis of the lab). Then again, he could be Rau's son. Rau and Dullindal seemed to be good friends and since Rau died, Dullindal probably promised to look after Rey.

Nai
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by: cybercoin
Loving another man doesn't make one gay.
Precisely. Making love to another man on the other hand...

Ahem, as for my thoughs on Rey. Personally, I hope he's the child of Rau as yet another clone would be rather dull... acceptable, but dull. He seems to have very strong and genuine feelings towards Dullindal, which makes me think the two shares the same objective. To wipe out everything and start over. Right now I really have no doubt that Rey will be the ultimate villain in GSD as Dullindal's enforcer.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:14 PM

All of this is just based on your personal prejudice you fucking homophobe. Just shut up.
There is no such thing as a "faggot hug", and these hints are only things that you WANT to see as hints.
You will probably/hopefully die alone.

cybercoin
Fri, 07-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Ahhh you always say things that are so right XD

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Hell yeah, straight to the point! Agressive impulsivity! Yzak style!

Blues
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
A lot of interesting theories we have here.

I 'm still maintaining the idea that Rey is some sort of extended. Remember, he was the one who helped Shinn escape with Stellar. There's probably more there than we think.

The question now is "Is Rey using Dullindal or vice versa?" From watching the series, the latter seems to make sense, but then again, the former wouldn't surprise me. So much we don't know about Rey.

One thing I'm certain of is the fact that Rey is using Shinn to achieve his goals.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
True, Rey does use Shinn in a way... still though, I'm quite sure Rey regards him as a friend.
It'd displease me if turns out as such that Rey always saw Shinn as nothing more than a tool.

PSJ
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I think Dullinandal and Rey are working together. Rey seems to know more than even Talia does. Dullinandal and Rey are definitly using Shinn for whatever they are trying to achieve.

I think Rey took Rau's place by Dullinandals side, i feel that Dullinandal and Rau planned something once Dullinandal reached power. Now Rau unfortunatly got killed before they could achieve their goals so Rey is Rau's substitute. Both of them are up to something weird and bad, that i'm sure of.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
i think rey uses shinn in certain situations, and to some extend
other than that, they seem like friends

Splash!
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:45 PM
True, Rey does use Shinn in a way... still though, I'm quite sure Rey regards him as a friend.
It'd displease me if turns out as such that Rey always saw Shinn as nothing more than a tool.

hmm... thats true terra, but still his loyalty to Dullindal means he will have to look at Shinn as a tool rather than a friend sooner or later. After all i am sure Gilbert has even more plans for Shinn and probably wishes to use Rey as a means of convincing Shinn in carrying them out

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Man, I can just see this turning into the following scenario:

Shinn: "I thought you were my friend!"
Rey: "Hah! I was only using you!"

*childhood flashbacks*

Shinn: "NOOOOOOOO!"

And then Shinn might be the one to kill Rey too! OMG!
That would rock.

TheFlash
Fri, 07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
since u are the moderator i guess i wont say shit.... but

qutote. All of this is just based on your personal prejudice you fucking homophobe. Just shut up.
There is no such thing as a "faggot hug", and these hints are only things that you WANT to see as hints.
You will probably/hopefully die alone.

but arent these your own opinions too....think about it??...

and one more thing i dont think rey is shinn's buddy or true friend, (it depends wut u defined friend), i believe rey will follow any orders from gill, and prolly if gil asked to kill shinn, rey will do it with no hesitation. in my mind shinn is jus like the old athrun. and i LOVED the part in GS when Athrun slap the shit out of Yazk.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:00 PM
<@Terracosmo> My opinions are facts!

No but seriously, saying that someone is gay because he gave someone an... uhh... "faggot hug" isn't opinion, it's nothing but homophobia, or alternatively, idiocy.
Must "unmanly" mean "gay"? What is "manly" to begin with? Prejudice like that is what creates unnecessary conflict in society.

As cybercoin put it: "Loving another man doesn't make one gay."

Rey loves Gilbert. That is evident. But he loves him as a father. It doesn't automatically mean that he is fucking with him.

And yes, I realize that talking sense into people who just label every "un-badass" moment as gay is an extreme waste of time.

Mite Gai
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Guys Rey ain't gay, he sees Dullindal as his father due to the fact that I think he is Talia and Dullindal's adopted child from Rau La Crueze. And believe it or not it is not gay for a son to be happy to see his father and hug him.

TheFlash
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
beging GAY doesn't have to be a bad thing?does it? i never said it's a bad thing. but his action in this society looks pretty gay. with the running and the smile to gilbert, that scene. its not jus me. i think alot of ppl after that scene thinks ray is gay. but i dout him being gay is not important in the anime anyways. and some other thoughts about rey, his impression and expression in the anime always seem like a bad guy.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Well all the people who thinks that Rey is gay have one thing in common: They keep stating that what he did wasn't normal or just pretty gay.

I mean WHAT THE FUCK IS GAY?
I am so tired of that, actions that are unexpected or "girly" get classified as homosexual. It is so damn immature that it makes my head explode.
People suck. Or rather, the society that raises people to have such pre-determined values suck.

Motteh
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:54 PM
i think the whole Dullindal/Rey/Shinn connection triangle is too shortsighted
i refuse to believe Rey is just a pawn of Dullindal
and then again i refuse to believe that Shinn is just a pawn of Rey
it would make things just too easy in my opinion
i believe Rey will turn out to have his own private agenda and that in fact he's been using everyone the whole time
and the next episode(s) will prove crucial to Shinn's role in the events to come and that have taken place
but we'll see about that when the next episode is out

Originally posted by: PSJ
I think Dullinandal and Rey are working together. Rey seems to know more than even Talia does. Dullinandal and Rey are definitly using Shinn for whatever they are trying to achieve.

I think Rey took Rau's place by Dullinandals side, i feel that Dullinandal and Rau planned something once Dullinandal reached power. Now Rau unfortunatly got killed before they could achieve their goals so Rey is Rau's substitute. Both of them are up to something weird and bad, that i'm sure of.
it's a first but i disagree with you here, to a degree at least
since it was kind of obvious Rau's plan was to annihilate both Earth and Plant, and thus humanity
because of that Dullindal wouldn't have been in power ever
but that's just me being a smartass i guess
he/they might have thought of a "back-up" plan would Rau's objective fail though

on a totally different note: "oogles at Terra's newest Yzak sig" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mite Gai
Fri, 07-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I think that Rau was not so much at Dullindal's side, but instead a mentor, at least thats feeling I got from ep. 29. And Rey's secret agenda could possibly be a resurrection of Rau's human annihilation plan since Rau seemed to talk to him alot when he was still alive and may have planted a seed of evil in him.

Splash!
Fri, 07-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
I think that Rau was not so much at Dullindal's side, but instead a mentor, at least thats feeling I got from ep. 29. And Rey's secret agenda could possibly be a resurrection of Rau's human annihilation plan since Rau seemed to talk to him alot when he was still alive and may have planted a seed of evil in him.

If that is indeed rey's plan i will be sorely dissappointed. I thought in GS Rau had good potential as a villain but was handled very badly. If rey goe along the same lines it will repeating the same mistake twice

Mite Gai
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Yea, I think it would be pretty dissapointing, but that seems like the only evil, behind-the-scenes, manipulator plan that there is left since Dullindal already took the best one.

blueshine_shattered
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I think that people are all born straight, isn't that a fact.
But after they are raised, people change.
For example, people claim to say that Rey is gay because he is acting really girly, and on the other hand, people say Yzak is gay, because he hangs around Dearka way to much?
And In this hand, Yzak is not all that girly, but you accuse Rey as girly, when in truth, he is just a sweet guy who grew up being that way which, technically, doesn't mean that he is gay.
I don't get this...

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:03 AM
blueshine, nobody gets it.

However, it has been scientifically proven that homosexuality isn't something you become... you are actually born with it, it's a gene "disorder". Though I don't like to refer to it as a disorder, because that's just the generic ignorant human being's way to label something which isn't "normal" (or perhaps I should say "more often reoccuring").

This is also why I hate all this fucking new-age "not-heterosexual" wave which is currently taking place throughout the world. Some of you probably know what I'm talking about. Yep, males & females (more often females though) calling themselves bisexual and/or homosexual just because it's a fucking in-thing. This is so BS, because it stains the reputation of people who actually ARE not-heterosexual. Given, you experiment a lot when you grow up, but people claiming that they don't know their sexual preference even though they are 18 years old is just downright pathetic.

People suck.

Anyway, that's a whole other thing so excuse me for taking it so off-topic.
Let's just drop the topic regarding Rey's sexuality, and leave it at that until it's actually proven that he is homosexual (which will never happen because HE IS NOT).

kinggalaxia
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:10 AM
hear hear, Terra!!!

there's this guy I know from college, I call him Mr. Metrosexuality. Allll the trappings of a stereotypical gay men - tan, thin, spiked hair, high voice, loves girl talk, goes to gay/straight alliance, etc etc

and he's straight!!

As if I didn't have ENOUGH trouble finding my needle in the haystack ><

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:14 AM
lol, well mate, that just goes to show you that you can't rely on stereotypes and looks alone. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
It would be easier if you could on many occasions though. -_-

blueshine_shattered
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Terra...
Thanks for clearing what I wrote, which I really did not get! But if people are born with it then that will mean that is not a life problem, like some say. I have heard stories on how homosexuality is caused by past experiences and also lesbianity. I'm a bit shocked by the fact that it is in people's births, but I dunno.
Thanks anyways

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Well those people who "turned" homosexual because of past experiences might have had the "potential" in them from day zero? Heh, I dunno, I suppose there are exceptions to every rule. And as always, there are things that cannot be fully explained.. I believe.

TheFlash
Sat, 07-02-2005, 03:57 AM
quote- there's this guy I know from college, I call him Mr. Metrosexuality. Allll the trappings of a stereotypical gay men - tan, thin, spiked hair, high voice, loves girl talk, goes to gay/straight alliance, etc etc

and he's straight!!

that is a stereo type i agreee...

yes...he prolly is straight , i mean in reality anything is possible, some dude can wear a braw everyday and say he is not gay....
....but were watching a anime here, its a different view. because of the artis. If.. he made Rey look like sorta femin and act like that. i think the artis is trying to show a point or a chacter of Rey. like i said," i dout the anime will say he is gay or not." but remember this, making Rey feminate and the scene when Rey is huging gilbert like that.... i believe that the artis is trying to make a point....and making that scene makes alot of people think he is gay.....either u hate wut society thinks, the artis still going to show that point of view. ( i personally feel its more FOR the stereo type, rather than against it). because why would the artis made him look and act feminate in the first place.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:07 AM
Well it boils down to how you interpret it too. Some dismiss it as "girly" or "gay" (or both) but I only see a happy Rey who is overjoyed to be reunited with his surrogate father (I suppose you could call Gil that) while simultaneously receiving a compliment on his work. Seeing as Gilbert obviously means a lot for Rey, there are probably few things that make Rey as happy as getting acknowledged by Gil.

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:16 AM
there is no such thing as 'gay gene' it's just that the press keep saying it misleading public twisting facts as if there was a reliable source
the site below says it all
http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

not that i'm into homosexuality but just wana let people know this.

and i doubt rey is a normal extended as Stellar, Sting, and Auel needed those sleeping cells and him being gay is prejudged way too early since I only saw him hugging Gil once in the series

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:30 AM
I doubt the reliability of that source, seeing as I've seen sources stating otherwise several times.
Besides, the pure concept of everybody potentially turning into homosexuals just because they "want to" is nonsense.
Humans are animals, and how often do you see homosexuality in the animal kingdom in general? Not much at all.

If it really was as easy as "every human can potentially turn homosexual" then the world would be a lot more evenly divided when it comes to straight and non-straight, not to mention that several species would have died out long ago because if this possability indeed exists; then some species would probably have more homosexuals than heterosexuals. Wow, now it's really off-topic but hopefully people gets my point!

Also, one hug is all it takes for people to ring the "gay bell" unfortunately.

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:46 AM
quote:
'how often do you see homosexuality in the animal kingdom in general? Not much at all.'
just bcuz u dont c doesnt mean they dont exist
as we live in a society where there are social expectations and standards i would expect more people to chose not to be a gay person and having the 'potential' does not mean one will turn gay.

newayz rey's true 'affections' are yet to be seen

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Dude, if it was even remotely reoccuring, we'd know. Trust me.
That being said, I've heard of homosexuality in the animal kingdom... but it's definitely not enough to merit an even amount on both sides.

"as we live in a society where there are social expectations and standards i would expect more people to chose not to be a gay person and having the 'potential' does not mean one will turn gay."

Thing is: you don't wake up one day and say "omg, I'm homo!". If you really ARE gay... you can't even get turned on by the other gender. It's not something you choose. It's something you are.

Man, this needs a separate topic.

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:56 AM
i'll stop since this is n GSD forum not some homosexuality research forum, n sorry 4 going off topic (i naturally lyk 2 argue)

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:58 AM
NP, I'm the same. Yeah, back to topic for real this time.

Rey rules. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Yes indeed he does, indeed he does, especially now that hes got that awesome Dragoon system.

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
Yes indeed he does, indeed he does, especially now that hes got that awesome Dragoon system.

ok wait... i think ur on the wrong topic

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:12 AM
What do you mean? This topic is about Rey isn't it? Rey has Legend which has the Dragoon System right? So how is that off topic????

EDIT: Just for the sake of making sure I am on topic though I will go back to Rey conspiracy theories. Does anyone else think Rey will end up like Athrun being betrayed by his father (Dullindal in Rey's case) except he will have no one to save him and he will actually blow himself up?

NM
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:28 AM
I really can't see Dullindal doing something like that to Rey. They seem very close with each other. Again, going back to my "Rey is Rau's son" theory, Rau and Dullindal seemed like the best of friends. If Rey is indeed Rau's son, then its possible that Rau had Dullindal promise him to take care of Rey should anything happen to him. Athrun's father knew he was in a tight spot since Freedom was stolen and because Athrun wanted to find out more answers, he was just getting impatient. Dullindal, on the other hand, seems to have all the pawns in play so theres no need for him to betray Rey in any way. But that can change in the coming episodes. He still thinks Kira is dead (meaning a piece on the chess board that was supposed to have been "captured" or destroyed can still make a comeback).

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:37 AM
sorry Mite Gai! missed the rey rules part.

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:00 AM
No problem, we all make mistakes. Oh and I guess you are right NarutoMaster since it seems like there is no way that Dullindal would betray Rey though it would be awesome if he could since then Rey would not have to inevitebly die since I think that there is no way he is going to survive the series being on Dullindal's side and at least if he was betrayed he may have a 50/50 chance of living or suiciding.

Deamon007
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:25 AM
I think Rey and Dullindal are working on the same thing for the same reaons mostly because the way he act's around Dullindal and what he sayed when he shot at athrun

I dont think Rey is gay

Dude, if it was even remotely reoccuring, we'd know. Trust me.

we do know dolphins for instance do it and a lot more species to and indeed it is to some extent genetic in the human world but it is just one of the many factors that turn people gay

Splash!
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:25 AM
yeah narutoMaster. Gilbert is probably some sort of Godfather to Rey. And btw Dullindal and Rey do not think that Kira is dead. Rey clearly says in episode 36 that Kira is not dead which surprises Dullindal a little bit as well. Then he talks about how if Athrun thinks he is dead in his heart, that it is almost good enough.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:35 PM
no i think he meant that as long as kira is alive in athrun's heart then he isn't dead, but he and dullindal thinks kira is dead physically

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah, AtHRunOwNZaLL is correct that is what he said, and I always thought homosexuality was due to damage to the brain caused by even the minutest of errors when removing the baby from the womb, which confuses your senses that cause you to be attracted to the opposite sex, causing you to become attracted to your own sex, or even both.

Splash!
Sat, 07-02-2005, 04:55 PM
But then when Meyrin asks Athrun about the Archangel near the end of the episode he says it hasnt sunk, probably Kira as well. It seems like his hopes of Kira being alive have somehow been reconfirmed. It would seem that only Dullindal and Rey's conversation that Meer overheard could be the only possible reason.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
no i think that athrun is assuming that archangel hasn't sunk cuz it doesn't go down that easily and he's hoping that kira survived too

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:33 PM
I think it was because he heard the part about Kira being alive in his heart and that gave him renewed hope.

Motteh
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: splash
But then when Meyrin asks Athrun about the Archangel near the end of the episode he says it hasnt sunk, probably Kira as well. It seems like his hopes of Kira being alive have somehow been reconfirmed. It would seem that only Dullindal and Rey's conversation that Meer overheard could be the only possible reason.
"untill Athrun kills him himself, he will always be alive in Athrun's heart"
the above is more or less a literal quote of Rey's reaction to Dullindal saying that now Kira is dead Athrun would turn around (damn i think i may have lost everyone with that sentence)
and it was already confirmed that the Archangel wasn't sunk, atleast the senior officers knew about it, so it is possible that Athrun knows about it
and he did express a little doubt about Kira being alive

Splash!
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe there is something wrong with the cellphone subs then coz the conversation goes like

Dullindal: But he no longer exists. Then....
Rey: No, he's alive. Unless he kills him with in his heart.

Now someone please explain this in detail because the way they subbed it wasnt really clear. Are they talking about Kira being alive in Athrun's heart, or Kira actually being alive. And then they talk about someone's whereabouts showing the pictures lunamaria took. Now are these Athrun's whereabouts or Kira's?

What i believed was that Rey knows that Kira is alive and is telling Dullindal that Athrun hasnt killed him in his heart either. I guess this is why Dullindal suggests it is a very troublesome situation because Athrun will definitely try to get in touch with the Archangel. And as for the whereabouts of the particular person, it has to be Kira because why would Dullindal be worried about Athrun's whereabouts as he is right at the base?

Motteh
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:01 PM
"no he's alive. unless he kills him within his heart"
is in the end the same as "untill Athrun kills him himself, he will always be alive in Athrun's heart"
because it basically means that as long Athrun remains his friend and/or doesn't actually see him die
he will always believe that Kira is alive
atleast that's how i thought they meant it to be taken

edit: also my previous quote (2 posts above this one) might have been slight off cause i did it on memory, i didn't actually rewatch the episode
my apologies for any misunderstandings that came forth because of it

Splash!
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:38 PM
yes i see your point about that but it still doesnt explain the talk Rey and Dullindal have immediately afterwards about someone's whereabouts.

Motteh
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:01 AM
well i just rewatched the episode from when Meer bursts into Athrun's room and thus you see the convo between Rey and Dullindal
and as far as i know and can due to the fansubbing is that they talk about acusing "him" (Athrun) and later on when Rey is in Legend Dullindal only says "i'll leave it up to you"
but then again i'm highly depending on what the fansubbers give me so because of different fansubbing groups there might be some misunderstandings
like we have here now

Dannynonsense
Sun, 07-03-2005, 07:05 AM
yes i see your point about that but it still doesnt explain the talk Rey and Dullindal have immediately afterwards about someone's whereabouts.

there talking about asuran they knew he wasnt in the hangar with the new gundams

Rey And Duillandal are a deadly alliance or unholy whatever lifts you skirt

Mite Gai
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:25 AM
In the Haro^2Tori^2 sub Rey says, "Unless Athrun kills him himself, he'll always be alive in Athrun's heart." The Cellphone^2 guys are speedsubbing so they are gonna make a few mistakes with grammar, but I trust Haro^2Tori^2's accuracy.

NM
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
no i think he meant that as long as kira is alive in athrun's heart then he isn't dead, but he and dullindal thinks kira is dead physically

Yep, thats what I meant by that. But either way, both Rey and Dullindal know for sure that Freedom is out of the picture and they know that without it, Kira can't participate in Dullindal's chess game (basically the war).

RoninChaos
Mon, 07-04-2005, 05:45 AM
Rey is rocking the pink seatbelts in his gundam. And so is Shinn. I would pilot a gundam with pink seatbelts. They might as well have big puffy dice hanging from the rear view mirror and a low rider feature.

LokeXero
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Maybe there is something wrong with the cellphone subs then coz the conversation goes like

Dullindal: But he no longer exists. Then....
Rey: No, he's alive. Unless he kills him with in his heart.

Now someone please explain this in detail because the way they subbed it wasnt really clear. Are they talking about Kira being alive in Athrun's heart, or Kira actually being alive. And then they talk about someone's whereabouts showing the pictures lunamaria took. Now are these Athrun's whereabouts or Kira's?

The pictures were of when Athrun (In savior) met Kira, Cagalli and Milli (i cant remember her name atm). It showed to Rey and Dullindal that Athrun still had ties to the AA crew and wasnt gonna abandon them. They were about Athrun's Whereabouts cause He was on leave, meeting with a suspected enemy.

What i believed was that Rey knows that Kira is alive and is telling Dullindal that Athrun hasnt killed him in his heart either. I guess this is why Dullindal suggests it is a very troublesome situation because Athrun will definitely try to get in touch with the Archangel. And as for the whereabouts of the particular person, it has to be Kira because why would Dullindal be worried about Athrun's whereabouts as he is right at the base?

Thats what i believed. My opinion was that Rey suspected that Kira is alive and well on ArchAngel only he doesnt have a MS to pilot and was saying so to Dullindal who considered that as a troublesome event so i guess i disagree with AtHRunOwNZaLL in saying that...I dont think Dullindal/Rey does think Kira is Dead, i know Shinn Does but i dont think Rey does...

Athrun lost faith with plant, so Orb is the logical place he would go...

Originally posted by: RoninChaos
Rey is rocking the pink seatbelts in his gundam. And so is Shinn. I would pilot a gundam with pink seatbelts. They might as well have big puffy dice hanging from the rear view mirror and a low rider feature.

Who wouldnt, id love one with Pink seatbelts...

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-04-2005, 01:29 PM

Capt. Gladys is probably in on whatever Gil is scheming. Or is at least unaware enough and still a slave to his cock to be a proper puppet for him. And she also has to REPORT TO HIM as Chairman, so that's how Rey got the pictures.

Oh, and Rey is so gay. WTF!?? He loucss likea girlzz withh loong hare n femminene face N....

Oh my god, almost EVERY MALE IN DESTINY LOOKS LIKE A CHICK YOU RETARD!!! (Seriously, its gotta be 1 normal looking dude to every feminine looking one.... and the feminine ones get a buttload of screentime (Athrun...) And when I say this, I don't mean that you can mistake them for females in teh show always. I merely mean that they have lots of femine characteristics like longish hair hanging in their face, no sign of Adam's apple, no facial hair etc.

I seriously don't think we know enough to determine Rey's sexual orientation. Besides, gay bad guys can be downright cool sometimes because they can totally creep out the main male character (Last Exile has a perfect example of this) or just be hilariously flaming (Fred Lowe, not an enemy, in Outlaw Star)

Back on topic... I concur that Rey is almost definetley Rau's clone, and was probably meant to carry on Rau's maniacal legacy. I have high hopes of his evilness moving him into the role of main villain by the series end and enjoy his silent nature, total respect for military authority and regulations, unwavering confidence in Gil, and select answers to questions and telling Athrun that he is an idiot.

I like the idea of Rey manipulating Shinn for Gil. Rey is certainyl smart enough and his relationship to Shinn puts him in a good spot to control and direct his actions.

Pink seatbelts are the source of my power!

Blues
Thu, 07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey. I didn't notice the pink seatbelts.

Ok here's another thing to ponder. After the end of this episode, when Shinn and Lunamaria are crying (Very, VERY powerful scene) Rey just watches and walks away. You think that it's possible that he's gonna have a change of heart. I would hate for him to turn into this heartless bastard like Raww was. Personally, I believe he'll start to question himself...if he has any warmth in his heart.

Also, anyone notice that when a main character's gundam is destroyed, the cockpit is almost ALWAYS intact? At least in Destiny...Only exception that I can remember off the top of my head is Heine.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I think that Rey is the kind of guy that has his priorities set as such that his goal must not be disturbed no matter what. I am sure he feels for Shinn, Meyrin and the others (evident in scenes such as when he yells "LUNAMARIA!" when she gets hit in ep 28). But... his love for his friends is surpassed by his goals and admiration for the men who raised him. That's what I think anyway. He will definitely question himself, perhaps he already does, but the answer to what he'll do is probably clear.

Man, I know I've said it a million times, but Rey is so damn cool. Seriously, he is one of the key reasons to why Destiny in the end will probably turn out better than Seed. I wouldn't call Seed/Destiny's plot extremely predictable, but let's be fair, you can pretty easily figure out many things that will happen (due to logic & evident clues such as the openings mainly) but the thing with Rey is in a class of it's own. Hands down, who thought that Rey would turn out to be a villain? All of the series he has been built up as a good and smart guy, and now this? It's so damn good that it makes my body shake. Rey power!

Motteh
Thu, 07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
although i do agree with you Terra i wouldn't go so far as to say:
"you can pretty easily figure out many things that will happen (due to logic & evident clues such as the openings mainly)"
because simply, i find opening way too unpredictable to base anything on
maybe they can be used as "circumstantial evidence (01)" to support any theories, but not to have theories based on them, that's my view anyways

and to Blues: i would hate Rey and the director(s) if Rey did a 180 (again) now
they're just giving him a more solid foundation to stand on being evil and cool, and cool and evil, and.....meh you get the point
that it would be a waste to break that foundation down now

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah it probably came out a bit exaggerated, I was just trying to draw a comparison to how unpredictable the Rey deal was.

The opening does reveal, in my opinion, a bit too much though.
For example the first opening revealed that Shinn would get together with Stellar (that was totally unnecessary) and that he'd fight Kira.
And the fun thing is that both of these things doesn't happen until much later.
The second opening also shows that Neo is Mwu even though that was confirmed in ep 33 or so.

Etc. I believe Seed is in a class of it's own when it comes to revealing stuff in openings.

Motteh
Thu, 07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah it probably came out a bit exaggerated, I was just trying to draw a comparison to how unpredictable the Rey deal was.

The opening does reveal, in my opinion, a bit too much though.
For example the first opening revealed that Shinn would get together with Stellar (that was totally unnecessary) and that he'd fight Kira.
And the fun thing is that both of these things doesn't happen until much later.
The second opening also shows that Neo is Mwu even though that was confirmed in ep 33 or so.

Etc. I believe Seed is in a class of it's own when it comes to revealing stuff in openings.
hmm, you have a point there i must admit, but still i will not believe Neo is Mwu untill it is unmistakenly confirmed (call me stubborn but even a 100% gene match can be because of cloning so....)

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd like to agree with you there, I hate the fact that Neo is Mwu, but at this point it feels rather impossible to have done all that work to bring him back for nothing (plot twists, scars all over, removed helmet in seed's special edition etc)

Motteh
Thu, 07-07-2005, 06:25 PM
BUT I DON"T WANT HIM TOO....
DAMMIT
couldn't he just've stayed dead? has dead lost all meaning now?
if Mwu's alive then i want Nataru to come back too, she never was a bad person, just a soldier who followed ordersi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

*sigh* oh well, if it must, it must
but i'll hold to my ray of light that Neo might not be Mwu, but that's just for the show to reveal i assume

but the step from ray to Rey is pretty easy (change a letter)
so who wants to brood on what Rey's next move might be? overthrow Dullindal? kill off Shinn? execute Talia for doubting Gil? make it as crazy as you want i don't mind? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
The only character I want revived is Heine. Of course I like Auel, Shani and the rest of the dead people but Heine is the only one who I felt "goddamnit that was SO unnecessary because he could have improved the series by enormous amounts by staying alive!!!!"

About Rey's next move: Something that would absolutely rule so much that it's inconceivable is if Rey would kill Talia for doubting Gil and then assume command of the Minerva. God, I can just see that in front of me, Rey likes shoots her down in cold blood and says something like "Gil's orders are absolute, you are all my bitches and I am his!".

Motteh
Thu, 07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
good pick i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
my personal fav as well
it also follows in the lines of what he said to Athrun, "i won't forgive you for betraying Gil BANG BANG BANG and so on and so on"
and yes i do agree that Heine's death was a tad too early, but it does follow in the line of the characters with the same voice actor
they all died young

naruto-kira
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:34 AM
i think Rey is up to something since he knew Kira isn't dead because Impulse didn't attack the right part to kill him..., the fact that he knew that and didn't go look for him afterwards is something very suspicious. i think his attitude is jus like the mask man in GS. But more feminin.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
i think Rey is up to something since he knew Kira isn't dead because Impulse didn't attack the right part to kill him..., the fact that he knew that and didn't go look for him afterwards is something very suspicious. i think his attitude is jus like the mask man in GS. But more feminin.

he and dullindal thought kira was dead, wat rey meant in episode 36 was that unless athrun kills him within his own heart(like forgets about him or moves on or something) then kira is still alive

Motteh
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
i think Rey is up to something since he knew Kira isn't dead because Impulse didn't attack the right part to kill him..., the fact that he knew that and didn't go look for him afterwards is something very suspicious. i think his attitude is jus like the mask man in GS. But more feminin.that's an old discussion that hasn't been decided in the favor of your (and other's) statement

masamuneehs
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Rey's next move will be to concentrate soley on carrying out Dullindal's orders.

And investigating into if Meer Campbell is really loyal. I believe she is going to be the one who reveals to the Minerva crew what is really going on in ZAFT w/ Dullindal (as much as she knows, which is probably only the stuff on the surface) resulting in Lunamaria and Shinn leaving for the ArchAngel Third Party of Righteous Idiots Coalition.

And Rey will try to kill them when he realizes that they won't be swayed to stay with ZAFT. But if he were smart and could use some emotional support, he might be able to keep Shinn. Of course, being the emotional fuckwit that he seems to be, Rey will probably leave Shinn by being too much of a stickler for orders and not having any compassion.

Oh, and Neo = Mwu. All other guesses are, well, lets just say the 2 openings, with Maryu nearly crying as she points a gun at an unmasked Neo, and all the other obvious things (the scars) plus his personality being still very similair to Mwu's.

Just live with it.

Motteh
Fri, 07-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
Rey's next move will be to concentrate soley on carrying out Dullindal's orders.

And investigating into if Meer Campbell is really loyal. I believe she is going to be the one who reveals to the Minerva crew what is really going on in ZAFT w/ Dullindal (as much as she knows, which is probably only the stuff on the surface) resulting in Lunamaria and Shinn leaving for the ArchAngel Third Party of Righteous Idiots Coalition.

And Rey will try to kill them when he realizes that they won't be swayed to stay with ZAFT. But if he were smart and could use some emotional support, he might be able to keep Shinn. Of course, being the emotional fuckwit that he seems to be, Rey will probably leave Shinn by being too much of a stickler for orders and not having any compassion.

Oh, and Neo = Mwu. All other guesses are, well, lets just say the 2 openings, with Maryu nearly crying as she points a gun at an unmasked Neo, and all the other obvious things (the scars) plus his personality being still very similair to Mwu's.

Just live with it.interesting choice of "moves"
it's another nice, and possible i presume, outcome. it would certainly fit Rey's behaviour and loyalty to Dullindal/ZAFT/PLANT
on the Neo=Mwu part: as i've stated before, i myself don't base conclusions on openings, and while the other things you said are valid, it's my personal preference to not acknowledge it untill the series clearly states it is so

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-08-2005, 11:41 PM
i think gil is only using rey and does not whatsoever care about him one bit.

so once rey has fulfilled all of gil's demands, things are going to heat up between the two of them..much more so than kira v shinn

yeah, i think neo being mwu is a cheap trick.. but what's done is done anyway so lets hope he gets his memory back
come to think of it..i think he will

remember stellar had her memory erased during the handkerchief bit..but then she still remembered shinn
so i think there's still hope for neo to become mwu again.

Blues
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I think that Rey is the kind of guy that has his priorities set as such that his goal must not be disturbed no matter what. I am sure he feels for Shinn, Meyrin and the others (evident in scenes such as when he yells "LUNAMARIA!" when she gets hit in ep 28). But... his love for his friends is surpassed by his goals and admiration for the men who raised him. That's what I think anyway. He will definitely question himself, perhaps he already does, but the answer to what he'll do is probably clear.

Man, I know I've said it a million times, but Rey is so damn cool. Seriously, he is one of the key reasons to why Destiny in the end will probably turn out better than Seed. I wouldn't call Seed/Destiny's plot extremely predictable, but let's be fair, you can pretty easily figure out many things that will happen (due to logic & evident clues such as the openings mainly) but the thing with Rey is in a class of it's own. Hands down, who thought that Rey would turn out to be a villain? All of the series he has been built up as a good and smart guy, and now this? It's so damn good that it makes my body shake. Rey power!

True....I never thought in a million years that Rey would turn out to be a villian. Deep and mysterious yeah, but not villianous.

Actually, I still don't consider him a villian. I think he's being misguided just like everyone else. To an extent anyway.

Motteh: I don't think it would be a complete 180. Actually, a little doubt in his mind would do wonders for his character. Fighting between his friends and what Gil wants...and then choosing Gil anyway. That would be great. Not only that, but he won't seem like he's following Gil blindly. He knows what he's doing, he knows what will happen, but in the long run, the ends justify the means.

Like I said before, Rey has so much damn potential..

Terra: I agree. Heine was a very cool character who was killed WAY too damn early. And I'm sorry, but his death was pretty stupid.

"Gil's orders are absolute, you are all my bitches and I am his!".

lol. Best line ever. If something like that did happen, I would love Rey forever...only because he's in a class of his own.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:23 PM
"Gil's orders are absolute, you are all my bitches and I am his!".

instant classic LMAO

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Damn, you guys are right, I hardly reflected on that line but it was pretty awesome actually.

I rule!

Knives122
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Someone hated the op. song so much that they decided to make a alt. version of it

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=GSDAlternateOp

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:37 PM
The music didn't fit the events very well, as it was just the opening together with another song (quick job in any given program).
Still though, I'd pick that over the real one. Fuck synchronizing, I can't stand Wings of Shit.
By the way, why did you post that in this thread?

Anyway, as many of us have suspected it looks like Shinn will eventually fight Rey (if the opening is any indication, which it usually is)

darkshadow
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:44 PM
i dunno, that alt op, felt like a naruto opening .......or something

Motteh
Sun, 07-10-2005, 09:43 PM
The music didn't fit the events very well, as it was just the opening together with another song (quick job in any given program).
Still though, I'd pick that over the real one. Fuck synchronizing, I can't stand Wings of Shit.
By the way, why did you post that in this thread?

Anyway, as many of us have suspected it looks like Shinn will eventually fight Rey (if the opening is any indication, which it usually is)
and again i refrain to use an opening as my guide (yes i am a stubborn SOAB, for all you kind, innocent people that read this)