PDA

View Full Version : GSD OP4 MP3...?

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:37 PM
http://www.point-blank.cc:7000...6c278db6a12a774682bd2f (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/torrents/CHEMISTRY%20-%20Wings%20of%20Words%20(Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%2 0OP4).mp3.torrent?info_hash=c1bf98fdab2262c3fc6c27 8db6a12a774682bd2f)

This surfaced recently.

What can I say?
I really.... really... REALLY hope this isn't it, because it's seriously the worst Gundam Seed song to date without a doubt in mind. PLEASE : ( but it probably is.. it's new, and the guy even sings Wings of Words...

FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nai
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't think it's that bad, but it's definitely not fitting of GUNDAM at all. I really can't believe this will be the new OP until I see it.

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah, that's my main problem as well. Of course I've heard better songs, but this just doesn't fit at all with Gundam... and even less together with an opening.
FFS, it's even slower than op3. God. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

danholo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
It's not a bad song, but it sure as hell isn't fit to be a Gundam SEED (Destiny) opening!

XwingRob
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Agreed, this is definately not fitting for a GSD op. Especially the last one...

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Seriously can't imagine this along with a Destiny opening sequence. It'd be like slow motion i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dannynonsense
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
this is an abomination to gsd what were they thinking i dont even think this song would work if you make a few edits here and there. they should have made this the 3rd op and make Bokutachi no Yukue as the last oh well maybe the the anime sequence that goes with it will make alright

PSJ
Wed, 06-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Not a Gundam OP song. It can't be.

It would never work unless they decided to do a whole OP with the characters running around in paradise with flowers and trees and the sun shining and shit.

Sano
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Huh.....this is really really unusual. It's really mellow compared to the other opening songs....uh... it's kinda jazzy and slightly 80s sounding instead of the pop/rock we usually hear. Truly unsual.

Edit: Now i think of it, the song sounds more like an ending song. But according to official intel, this is the opening song....

XwingRob
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:12 PM
I agree, it makes more sense as an ending song then as an opening song.

Edit: Oh, I get it now! The last episodes are gonna be so intense, they have to have a slow OP song, so we don't get too hyper and flipout on people.

Sano
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:25 PM
lol XwingRob

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:46 PM
WHOAH!!!!! this song DEFINITELY SUKS for a gsd song opening, soooo slow!! this is a very gay song

NineTailsKitsu
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
It's a very slow pace song, and not matching GSD, IMO. However it really depends on the animation for the opening when comparing the song to it....

MeroTZ
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
This is unbelievably innopropriate for Destiny. Some other anime maybe, but... god, if its this bad, they should just do Realise again. Hmm....

DDBen
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:11 PM
WOW thats just not a good song and I think I heard something about sending someone to Mexico in there. I REALLY hope that this song will have nothing to do with GSD. However the songs overall haven't come close to the GS music so I wouldn't put it completely past them to use this.

SilverSurfie
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
yeah this song totally doesnt feel like a GSD OP song... ED maybe, but definately not OP...

Digitalgirl
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:50 PM
*listens to song* ...you've got to be kidding. This is way too slow [and happy sounding].

edit: Nooooooooo, this can't be it. The CDs not even out yet...

chubakka
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Ummm, NOT ACCEPTABLE for a GUNDAM song period. I don't even like the beat

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah Digitalgirl has a point... the CD isn't out... had it been though, Nipponsei would have released a high quality version.
Meaning that this is either a radio or PV rip.

But! OP4 doesn't have a PV yet, and it sounds too good to be a radio rip.
Let's hope that this is the case.

~strike-freedom~
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:32 PM
wow, dam... this song is stupid, a gundam eps is only 23 - 25 mins. This song gonna take up most the time.

Kazuo Kiyoshi
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
The song probably won't take up most of the time because when you look at other songs for Gundam Seed OP/ED it's usually about 1:30 and they usuallly cut part of it out.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:31 PM
on a side note, the new opening and ending songs will air on episode 38

thanks to animenewsnetwork.com for info

Roko
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:46 PM
bad song...probably the worse op/ed song in GSD so far.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: Roko
bad song...probably the worse op/ed song in GSD so far.

it's not really official whether or not we know that this is the opening song, the singles cd hasn't even come out yet, so as far as we this may be just a fake

Roko
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:52 PM
according to nipponsei (which i trust), it is the 4th op

EDIT: Nipponsei is gonna release the single around July 27th, and the ED Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru' by See-Saw Single around August 3rd

Kazuo Kiyoshi
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:02 AM
I wonder how they would put the opening animations with this song, and I dislike that voice I'm hearing when I listen to it...this song also seems slower then any slow songs XD

intense
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:02 AM
obviously theyre going to cut some time off... they always do.
ie. Reason, the full mp3 was like 4-5 mins long, but the ED was like around 1 min.

Sano
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:24 AM
I think this is going to be the actual song....er.... they do sing "wing of words" in the song. This sounds like old school anime music...lol. This song would have been acceptable as an ending....now i hope the new ending by See-Saw will be good.

kinggalaxia
Thu, 06-30-2005, 01:06 AM
argh, argh, argh.....I'm trying, I'm really honestly trying to enjoy this song. I can see mobile suit battles during the refrain...couples shown and confrontations in the opener......aggghh BLOODY HELL!!!!

This is it??? No, huh, huh, huh, huh, ohhhhhh! This may very well cripple my streak of "GSD is teh shit". I am semi-biased on openings and god dammit, this has to put me into a precarious position.

Couldn't this be like OP2 or 3? Hell, Pride or Bokutachi would just fine as the last opener *cries a waterfall*

Madell
Thu, 06-30-2005, 01:18 AM
OMG THIS SUCKS

danholo
Thu, 06-30-2005, 04:35 AM
I see how people are disappointed. I actually like this song. While it doesn't fit the usual GS opening, I wouldn't say anything until we see the actual opening which'll air in a little over a week or so. If you'd ask me, this should be the opening of some romantic girl's anime.

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by: kinggalaxia
argh, argh, argh.....I'm trying, I'm really honestly trying to enjoy this song. I can see mobile suit battles during the refrain...couples shown and confrontations in the opener......aggghh BLOODY HELL!!!!

This is it??? No, huh, huh, huh, huh, ohhhhhh! This may very well cripple my streak of "GSD is teh shit". I am semi-biased on openings and god dammit, this has to put me into a precarious position.

Couldn't this be like OP2 or 3? Hell, Pride or Bokutachi would just fine as the last opener *cries a waterfall*

I feel your pain, I really do, I am totally obsessed with good openings and this truly destroys part of why I love Seed/Destiny so damn much.

I guess I'll just lean back and hope that this is a damn remix or something...

Guardian_2000
Thu, 06-30-2005, 10:00 AM
I'd heard the radio vers got leaked early. I have been staying away from this for awhile for all the crap its gotten but finally decided after hearing it is officially the song went and gave a listen. Its not a bad song and given the right animation it could fit well with the story. I have a feeling there will be lots of shots of all the players and lots of desperate faces as they all face this war. I can however agree its definately a different pace from the rest of Destiny songs and my least favorite. It needs to be faster paced. Oh well it could still prove to be decent. Just not the best of the opening music.

Digitalgirl
Thu, 06-30-2005, 11:58 AM
No, we need a dif. song........;_;

weakest anbu
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:06 AM
fits perfectly. just show all the GSD tear scenes in the opening which is 8923443 mins long.

XwingRob
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Or just show really long floating scenes in the nude.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:55 AM
This doesn't work at all. Where is the energy? Are they are trying to put us to sleep? I usually like watching the openings too. They should've asked TM or Nami to do it cause this just sucks. I can't imagine stuff blowing up to this. If stuff doesn't explode then it just isn't a gundam opening.

In the opening they always have either Shinn or Kira do that pose in their gundam at the beginning and then show the series name. They can't do that pose to this song. If that pose isn't there then I have lost all faith in this being an opening.

Edit: Also notice that at EVERY SINGLE OPENING when the song picks up a gundam comes out and does that trademark pose. Where does this song pick up at I ask? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Felix, that was exactly the thing I was thinking about yesterday lol.
"How the hell are they gonna do the trademark pose to this?"
*song hits 00:15*
"Oh, wait, the song just got a little bit faster... maybe here? Oh.. wait.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THIS DOESN'T WORK!!! *stabs self*"

SilverSurfie
Fri, 07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
im thinking they use the last 45 seconds or something from the song... its actually moderately faster... hahaha

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
What! The last 45 secs! NOOOO! The pose must be in the beginning. Hey everybody have I got a spoiler for you!!! THIS SONG SUCKS AS THE OPENING!!! Oh wait. You already knew that. Isn't much of a spoiler I guess then.

benjaminz
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:33 AM
aww man... i guess i'm the only one who likes it, but i guess it's 'cuz i loove chemistry (it's my favorite jap group i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

what's wrong with it? i can totally see it as the opening, haha...
~0:15 opening gundam pose
:21~:42 random people posing/walking (shinn thinking, etc.)
:43 gundams flying around and fighting n junk
1:02 some kewl stuff going on
1:06 cut to 3:38 to end

bleh nevermind lol...

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I agree, the song totally rocks the house at 0:15, it's so fast and intensive that...

Damn, it isn't even funny to joke about. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

benjaminz
Sat, 07-02-2005, 01:58 AM
iono, I thought GS's fourth opening was worse...

wah... I'm really the only one who likes this song... >_<

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 02:14 AM
GS's fourth opening worse?!

Wow... that's amazing. You should have a medal in bad taste. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

benjaminz
Sat, 07-02-2005, 02:16 AM
oh well, I think Yzak and Sasori are cool. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Where do they sing the phrase "Wings of Words"? I didn't hear it... :/
eDiT: nevermind, it's at 3:26, when the harmony is slightly flat dahahahaha (me and my damn musician's ear xD)

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 02:18 AM
That earns you a few bonus points, now go and listen to Realize and rethink your ways young fledgling!

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:21 AM
all other gundam seed songs are either rock or fast pace pop and this one seems more fitting as an ending but can't wait 2 c how they mix n match the action scenes 2 the songs if it's 'really' the opening

DragonBladeX
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I just simply can't picture fighting scenes in this song. Showcase of the characters and gundam maybe but NOT fighting scenes. Perhaps premonitions of happier days to come, war is over,peace, etc? The song is ok but out of pace with the usual gundam openings. And it was posted on gunota headlines so i guess this song is tacked for Op4...

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, I don't hate this song as an opening since there is always something worse though I would have prefered something more exciting and fast, though how I am seeing them do this is probably somewhat like this:

0:01- 0:20: Run through all the main characters fast and then have Kira, Athrun, and Shinn launching fast, and then the usual Gundam SEED Destiny title with Destiny in the background.

0:20 - 0:25: Show Shinn in a standing pose with a slightly grim expression with flashbacks of his loved ones in the background and Destiny.

0:26 - 0:31: Show Athrun in a standing pose that looks sorta like his one in the second SEED opening, Moment with flashbacks and Infinite Justice.

0:32 - 0:37: Show Kira in some sort of standing pose with slightly sad face and flashback sequence with Strike Freedom in the background.

0:38 - 0:42: Show Ramius standing with sad face looking downwards with flashback sequence and Archangel in background.

0:43 - 0:49: Show Cagalli in wedding dress standing looking slightly sad with flashback sequence in the background and Murasame Squad or Strike Rouge.

0:50 - 0:56: Show Lacus with her maybe in that dancing pose from the ending in that dress with a flashback sequence in the background and the Eternal.

0:57 - 1:01: Show Chairman and Talia in poses like in 3rd OP with Rey at Dullindal's side and all the ZAKUs and Legend in the background like OP3.

1:02 - 1:07:A picture of the Minerva in space, with a crew pic like the one Gundam SEED where the crew spread out from Kira with this one spreading out from Shinn.

1: 08 - 1:14: A picture of the Archangel and Eternal in space, with a crew pic like the one Gundam SEED where the crew spread out from Kira with this one also spreading out from Kira.

1:15 - 1:21: A quick pic of each of the important people who died in Destiny such as Auel or Todaka

1:22 - 1:39: The gundams battling ZAFT and/or EAF mobile suits.

1:40 - 1:43: A picture of Strike-Freedom, Infinite Justice, and Destiny together with Kira, Athrun, and Shinn all in a pose similar to the one at the end of Pride.

If they do it like that then they may have a chance at salvaging the opening though I am gonna be annoyed if the ending is what the opening should have been.

P.S. The song is going to end around 1:43, what we have been listening to is the full version not the TV cut which may even run slightly faster. Oh and I tried to coreograph it like a combination of all the Gundam SEED Destiny openings and Gundam SEED Opening 4.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
wow that's one hell of an imagination, musta took u 2 weeks to think that up =D

Mite Gai
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:32 PM
LOL, to be honest it took about 20 mins, but two weeks sounds like I toiled over it forever so I will go with that.

Knives122
Mon, 07-04-2005, 09:55 PM
you know this song reminds me of Moment which I guess was the worst GS opening, but still this song is growing on me, I guess I just have to see the scenes to officially like it for 13 more eps.

Nyro
Wed, 07-06-2005, 09:20 AM
This is something that I'm just gonna have to wait around and see the opening and decide then if its any good.

Mite Gai
Wed, 07-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
you know this song reminds me of Moment which I guess was the worst GS opening, but still this song is growing on me, I guess I just have to see the scenes to officially like it for 13 more eps.

Was Moment really the worst opening? I always thought it was Believe (thats just my opinion), though that now has even grown on me too just like this song is beginning to somewhat.

Knives122
Thu, 07-07-2005, 12:08 AM
well even all four were great, Moment was the worst in terms of it wasnt really that great of a song(in terms of the others). Beleive was more of that pop up beat one(which I like more then the sort've slow/slow songs(like moment was).

So I guess it's just a state of opinion.

anime050
Thu, 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
This would be good as an ending though =p.

Sano
Thu, 07-07-2005, 04:03 PM
The more I listen to the song, it seemed it would have been a good song for Gundam 0083 Stardust, or some kind of older anime like Yu-Yu Hakasho or something. It's not a bad song, I like the jazzy beat, but it just seems out of place with GSD.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:25 AM
the more i listen to it, the more it sounds like an inuyasha song and the more i dislike it

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:51 AM
i mean seed (and destiny of course), their biggest turn-on factor for me was the ending music..
the openings were all sooo cheezy
i hated the first opening of destiny... pride was alright except for the rap bit, the third opening is so-so
but seed..oh god..i could not live with listening to the music over and over and over again. once was enough for each opening (realize is cool though)
the closing music..now that's where its at..seed (and destiny) have the best ending music i have ever heard in any anime.
especially river i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif great song

Chris_Xion
Fri, 07-08-2005, 01:10 PM
All the songs in Seed rockz(except river).I luv Meteor,Invoke,Believe n Realise.As for GSD,i pick Ignited.TM Revolution rules.But then,this 4th OP
sux.I juz cant imagine a song like this would make a GSD opening.I think they should hav juz put in Yea(Usher) or Welcome To My Life(Jzjk).
Wings of Words sux,in my opinion,until i see ep 38 n it changes my view(i hope)

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-08-2005, 06:43 PM
river is by far the best op/ed song in gundam seed
meteor is alright
invoke, believe is bubblegum pop..*belch*
ignited sounds like the lead singer is constipated and having hiccups at the same time
i ike wing of words, its different.. a good change from all the cheezy opening songs we've had for destiny

Sano
Fri, 07-08-2005, 07:25 PM
It seems the people who dislike the 2nd Op Pride dislike it because of the rapping. I like hip-hop and R&B, perhaps that's why I didn't think Pride wasn't too bad. Of course, J-Pop is good too. ^_^

john_doe_107
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
i can forgive the rapping in pride coz the lead singer has a smashing voice. so that's alright
but ignited..is just...WRONG

bigdaddy843
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:02 AM
try using ur players to speed the song up to like 1.4 or 2x it sounds a bit more suitable for a gundam op that way.

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:45 AM
how do i do that with itunes?

PSJ
Sat, 07-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by: john_doe_107
river is by far the best op/ed song in gundam seed
meteor is alright
invoke, believe is bubblegum pop..*belch*
ignited sounds like the lead singer is constipated and having hiccups at the same time
i ike wing of words, its different.. a good change from all the cheezy opening songs we've had for destiny

DIEEE!!! writing like that should be illegal.

Don't talk shit about Invoke and Ignited. And what is wrong with the Destiny OP's? They have been awesome up to this point, i would say that they can compete with the SEED OP's.

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 04:14 AM
x gundam set the bar with the best OP songs with dreams and resolution... awesome..

no way! destiny ops are not as good as seeds (not that i really liked any of it, except realize..that's cool)
the ED songs...there we can see the improvements..its like they took out made all the op songs bad so that they can make it up with smashing ed songs

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 05:19 AM
I'd say mister John Doe is part of a vast minority when it comes to tastes in Seed music, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Most people dislike River and love the other songs.
Personally I love all Seed music with the exception of River (which I like, just not as much), Bokutachi no Yukue (I don't know why) & this new Wings of Shit thing.
Overall, Seed had better music than Destiny but Destiny has damn good music as well.

As for Pride: I detest rap/hiphop more than anyone here, I assure you. Yet, I love Pride and find it to be one of the best Seed songs.
To be honest, I have a hard time even noticing the rap parts of the song. They are rare and very drowned. So I don't see them as a problem.

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:58 AM
haha..i didn't know that people didn't like river
but hey, for discussions sake, i still say amongst seed and destiny openings, the worst is ignited
best is pride (the lead vocal is just sensational) and realize after that.
where can i find the OST for destiny?

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 08:17 AM
River doesn't sound like the other Seed songs, that is probably why.
I like Ignited!

Pride and Realize does indeed rule. Another fun thing with the rapping in Pride is... why the fuck is it even there? It's barely hearable, and if it hadn't been there it would have been just as good as it's only used for fillers and doing weird noises in the background. Weird. It looks damn funny live too because she stands there singing and that guy runs around looking stupid and yelling gibberish occasionally.

Pride also has the best opening animation, after Realize, in my opinion.
I mean everything just flowed PERFECTLY with the music. And it had Heine too.
Good days. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

As for the Destiny OST... ehh... try boxtorrents or Seed Genesis (http://www.seedgenesis.net) (the latter has direct downloads but it can be a pain to get the download to start).

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 09:49 AM
dude..what kind of link is that?
you just gave me a link to some kind of jewish/hebrew website

benjaminz
Sat, 07-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Lol

oh well, I just watched the 4th opening... boy was that dissapointing... i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Yes, feel my secret hebrew manipulation of your psyche!

(I accidently wrote .com instead of .net, the link works now)

john_doe_107
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by: benjaminz

Lol

oh well, I just watched the 4th opening... boy was that dissapointing...

the hell? what do you mean disappointing?

benjaminz
Sat, 07-09-2005, 12:11 PM
watch it... more recycled scenes and boring new ones... and the song, although I liked it, just didn't work... i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Makenai
Wed, 08-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Um.. is there a TV version of this song out there? I can't seem to find it. ;p

Psyke
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by: makenai
Um.. is there a TV version of this song out there? I can't seem to find it. ;p

http://gendou.com