PDA

View Full Version : Favorite character?

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 03:39 AM
Topic. Discuss. Please put spoiler warnings if your favorite character is a manga one
(but only if you go in-depth, no use putting spoilers for mere names)

I'm a long-time Sanji fan, because he has the same haircut as me and the same IRL demeanor when it comes to how he treats the opposite sex (though I'm not as extreme, hopefully). Also, I share his cooking interest with the exception that my food sucks... but yeah, it's fun to cook. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Lately it was revealed that he hates spiders too, which is another trait I share with him... I have extreme phobia for those things. Must be destiny.

I'm a big fan of Ace as well. Hilarious and insanely strong. I like how he mirrors Luffy yet is so similar to him.

There are so many minor characters in One Piece that are great and should get more screentime.
In fact, there are so many that I have a hard time namedropping them.

Your turn.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 06-28-2005, 06:08 AM
i like so many so i'll just make a list in ordor of who i like the most and who i like the least

1 Luffy - funniest character ever in any anime without a doubt my most favorite one piece character
2 Zoro/Sanji/Ace/Shanks they are just badass
3. Usopp/Chopper also funny as hell
4 Captain Buggy/Robin/Smoker i just like them
5 Nami never really liked her much but she isn't that bad
6 Vivi never liked her could've died for all i care

there are lots of other characters but they are either not worth mentioning or i just don't like them enough or hate them enough to say anything about them

elmojo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:11 AM
ussopp
mr 2 bon clay sama
and... maa....maaa...maaaaaaah~ IGARAM!
karou
shanks /luffy

are my fav chars in no particular order

Masamune
Tue, 06-28-2005, 09:06 AM
favorite main character = Zoro.

Favorite non main character = Shanks

Favorite Villain = Crocodile. (I found him to be one the best villains ever to be in a series)

kAi
Tue, 06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm a big fan of Crocodile, and Luffy is cool.

Munsu
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Nico Robin, enough said

Aeon
Tue, 06-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Nami, Zoro and Robin for the main characters.

Ace, Pell, and Vivi for the non main characters.

elmojo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
forgot to add jango and buggy

i dunno one piece has too many good chars

the only char i dont like is coby, eww

Hellraiser
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Luffy for main character. He's just so silly.

Bon Clay because his fighting style rocks and he's man enough to be a ballerina.

And then there's Eneru and Franky which I won't go in-depth about.

tensai
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
im a fan of franky, hes too cool

out of the one piece crew, i like luffy because hes just so carefree and chopper because hes just too gullable

most of the characters in one piece have their own special thing about them that makes it hard to choose whose your favorite

Jadugar
Thu, 06-30-2005, 05:34 PM
One Piece is a masterpiece and all the characters in it are top notch. Oda has developed each and every character in depth.

I like all of them

Luffy - The best characterever created in an anime or manga ever (my opinion)
Zoro - His determination and will cut throgh anything
Nami - got to love the gal
Ussop & chopper - Hilarious
Sanji - Very stylish

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Zoro

MrTicTac
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:25 AM
I like Nami best, and no not for her "assets" as a person,

she's got the toughest background story, but she stays strong,, i love her facial expressions, like evil-nami (ep in jaya arc, after arriving from bar) how she changes from being all mean to nico but once she hears treasure she goes kyaaah i love u big sis, was really funny

Kaigi-san
Mon, 07-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I just started watching... finished ep 20, so far i like zoro - cuz he pwns w/ swords and i like swords lol. Nami is funny - she hates pirates and likes oranges and money (and is also the few ppl w/ common sense. Luffy is funny... but a little goofy, and Sanji seems cool with is breakdance style fighting tho ive just met him so i really dont know too much about him.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Its a tie between Ace(who has the best devil fruit power ever!) and Chopper, just because he has the best expressions.

KaneInferno
Tue, 08-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by: Kaigi-san
...and Sanji seems cool with is breakdance style fighting...

Heh, Sanji and Sasuke having a breakdancing battle!!

Anyway, my favorite character is Zoro.

Ace, Smoker, Mihawk, and Dragon are also cool.

Nami is....well Nami. You just can't not like her.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Im a big Zoro fan, he is just a bad ass, same with Ace. When it comes to comedy you can't go wrong with Usopp and Chopper. Usopp makes me cry sometimes his parts are so damn funny. Nami is by far the best female character in all of anime in my opinion. Basically everyone in One Piece is great in different ways. Only Characters I didn't care for were Coby and the son of the Marine with the iron jaw, both of the were worthless.

vegita625
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
Im a big Zoro fan, he is just a bad ass, same with Ace. When it comes to comedy you can't go wrong with Usopp and Chopper. Usopp makes me cry sometimes his parts are so damn funny. Nami is by far the best female character in all of anime in my opinion. Basically everyone in One Piece is great in different ways. Only Characters I didn't care for were Coby and the son of the Marine with the iron jaw, both of the were worthless.

Zoro: "Luffy, If you get yourself killed, I'll kill you..." His constant death threats on Luffy are hilarious

Coby and Morgan only? What, you liked Helmeppo, that spoiled brat of Morgan's? I hated him more than any other character, he's just so annoying.

Oh, and "USOPP HAMMER! USOPP HAMMER! USOPP HAMMER! USOPP HAMMER! USOPP RUUUUBERBAND! USOPP HAMMER! ...." Love it.

Jadugar
Mon, 08-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I am surprised that after taking so many beatings, Ussop's nose is still intact.

Oh, and "USOPP HAMMER! USOPP HAMMER! USOPP HAMMER! USOPP HAMMER! USOPP RUUUUBERBAND! USOPP HAMMER! ...." Love it.

CAPTAIN USSOP.

Love that phrase and the way he says it.

Mae
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Zoro is my definate favorite. Best attitude, and can sleep through anything.

When I first found out they were adding a talking chibi reindeer I was pissed off. I thought he'd be an awful character, but I ended liking Chopper almost as much as Zoro.

Hmmm, I also liked Smoker, Ace, Ingram, and some others... a lot of the side characters in OP are pretty good.

I've never really warmed up to Luffy. Sometimes he can be funny, but sometimes he's just annoying.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 09-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Captain Smoker is im favourite. cuz he kicks ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

mongoooo
Tue, 05-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Perhaps a bit off-topic, but I just finished the Alabasta Arch, and I am overjoied to see that Vivi is finally gone! God I hate her! All she just is whining, sobbing and screaming her head off! And don't give me that: "but Mongoooo, she has been through alot" - thats not the point. They have all been through alot of bad stuff, and yes, some of them cried too, but there has to be some limits! Vivi cried in allmost every episode, she had no skills whatsoever, she was generally uncool and depressing, and the last 20 eps of the arc, I just sat hoping thet Crocodile killed her off allready...

But... this is just my personal oppinion.

As for fav character, Luffy tops my list, then Usopp (I allways like these kinds of cahacters), Zoro, Sanji, and then chopper (allthough I suspect I will like him more later, him being quite new to the team and all). Nami is on my last spot for now, she is ok, but I like the others a bit more...

Kraco
Tue, 05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
She was a desperate princess. Not an action hero. She had a couple of tricks she learned from who knows where, and that were certainly more than most princesses would ever have (or need for that matter). But in the end she was just a hime-sama raised in a palace in the middle of all the comforts money can buy and even some that it can't like a doting dad and servants.

While I understand what you meant by her being pretty useless, it didn't end up bothering me for some reason. Perhaps because I did accept her indentity. And, well, the crew certainly could use another good looking girl...

Zoro is my favorite because I like single-minded, fateful characters who know what they are doing and what they want, and aren't afraid to cross the line between good and bad sometimes. However, a character like Zoro couln't be the main character in a series like this. It absolutely needs to be a person like Luffy, who goes here and there, has clear morals, and sticks his nose where it doesn't belong (or Usopp's nose if a longer one is needed).

But like has been said, One Piece has excellent characters all in all. Many great villains included.

FrogKing
Tue, 05-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Man, how do you pick a favorite character amongst an entire series full of great characters! I have to agree that Oda has really created depth to each character making them unique. With that said, so standouts to me:
Hawkeyes: Can't wait to see the second meet up with Zoro. His whole demeanor is awesome.
Franky: Two words: ULTIMATE DEFENSE...nuff said.
Aokiji: Spoiler

From the Straw Hats:
Zoro: As a swordsman character, Oda has definately made him stand apart from other anime/manga swordsman with the santoryu (3 sword) style.
Soge King: Sniper king from sharpshooter island...love the intro and like how he has changed the character (and voice).

Stoopider
Tue, 05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
I always liked the underdogs who can pull out the cat from the bag.

To me, my favorite is Usopp. He's always the underdog of the group. Potentially I think he can be as powerful among Luffy and the rest with the right equipment.

Think about it, if Usopp ever acquires sea-stone weapons.. Sea stone bullets? He should be able to take down bigger names.

Plus, his efficacy with the cannon, he can take down fleets of battleships with his uncanny accuracy with it.

He should be the centre-piece of Luffy's group that would pick off all opponents from afar. The Ultimate Long Distance fighter in Luffy's group.

He lived his whole life as a coward always pretending that he's a hero, a great warrior of the sea. If only he would one day just believe his own lies, I believe that is the day Ussop would be a totally different person and truly belong into Luffy's pirate crew as an equal to the rest.

*Spoiler*
Now that we do have Franky who can create weapons that can take down sea-kings, Ussop can only get more powerful.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-23-2006, 10:36 PM
fav character : Luffy and Usopp, they are so funny when they team up

but i also like almost all the other character from one piece.. except some.. who are useless... *cough* Coby *cough*

anphorus
Wed, 05-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I love all of the main characters, although my favorite of them would have to be the great Captain Usopp! Even though he says (and is called) a coward, he's probably one of the bravest of the Strawhat crew. Look at Luffy, he isn't brave at all, because he is completely unafraid of everything, Usopp is just an ordinary guy who is much weaker than his opponents, yet he still conquers his fear and uses his great technical expertise to jump into the fray when needed. He can also take one hell of a beating. I love Ussopp's relationship with Chopper, and were it not for him Nami would be completely useless.

My favorite secondary charaters are probably Captain Smoker, Aokiji (They both have the best powers) and Mr. 2 (Bon Clay-sama!)

Stoopider
Wed, 05-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Lol.. Luffy's too stupid to be scared.

I guess it's easy to relate to Ussop, because he seems the most mortal compared to the rest. Yet he has probably among as much potential as the rest.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 07-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Luffy is waay to stupid to be my fav... goofy is one thing, but Luffy aint goofy, he's stupid. Now Goku was goofy, and smart enough to make a reasoned argument for whatever he did.

I would say Zoro is the best character. I really like the way in One Piece they have managed to keep both the Luffy and Zoro eqally strong, though the different bounties almost brings in a power level kind of mentality but doesn't dispell the illusion.

Captain Smoker and Ace are cool characters as well.

Shanks obviously is a top man, since he is the guy the main character aspires to be like (in some way or another) apart from Roger. Shanks' entire crew seems cool, and I loved the way they greeted Hawk Eyes when he went to meet them on that island.

Speaking of Hawk Eyes, he is pretty badass as well. Fighting with a one inch blade in battle is an instant qualification for the title of badass.

Overall I think the characters are very well developed, but I think that the entire series should be made less goofy... It would make it totally awesome if Luffy had tiny bit more sense, and Zoro's cursed sword actually did some thing... well... curse-like.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 07-26-2006, 03:53 PM
It's Franky now

moondoggie
Tue, 08-08-2006, 12:03 AM
my favorite is ace

Stoopider
Tue, 08-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Ace is kinda cool. THough I suspect he might die sometime in the future. :p Just seem's right. :p He'll either be killed by Red hair Shanks, or White Beard.

Key92
Fri, 01-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Zoro and robin

Penner
Fri, 01-30-2009, 09:27 AM
The thread.......its..............its alive!

In other news, i love the whole crew. ^^

Paper
Fri, 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Captain Usopp ..........hands down

Usopp is underated...... he is so useful compare to the rest of the crew

1. Usopp always can take an ass whopping considering he is one of the weakest
2. has very keen sharp shooting skills
3. Usopp isn't even a ship carpenter yet he spend time patching up the going merry before merry R.I.P
4. He make gadgets hence making Nami useful in combat
5. He burnt down the government flag while claiming his first bounty ftw!!!!!

Pure epicness with a dash of …….awesomeness

sl00ke
Sun, 02-01-2009, 10:25 AM
tooony tooony choppa!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Franky doesn't get enough screentime now that Water 7 is over.

In fact, now that I think about it, almost no character gets enough screentime now adays. There's just too many.