PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Eternal Sabbath

relevasius
Tue, 06-28-2005, 03:09 AM
I've been reading this for about a month now, and it has become one of my favorite mangas. The story is about these scientists who try to create a human being that is completely immune to all diseases. They achieve this through genetic manipulation, but, shockingly, their creation has other abilities, the power to enter peoples' minds, read their thoughts, and even alter their memories and perception of reality. The story starts off years after the experiments, and is centralized around Shuro and his clone, Izaku, both products of the past tests, and the tension between them. I'd describe more but I don't want to spoil anything, but if you're looking for a story with some character depth then this is a good read.

Inane is doing the scanslations together with HnGO, so the quality is consistently great.

Get it here, http://www.inanemanga.com/
or on irc at #lurk on irchighway, you have to have a registered nick in order to join the channel. Their packlist can be found here, http://www.thelurker.net/

Lefty
Tue, 06-28-2005, 04:02 AM
I've been reading this series for about a year. This is real diparture from that other manga I've read from Soryo. But this is a kick ass series. A must read.

Everon
Sun, 07-03-2005, 06:33 PM
I read a few chapters, but I'm not caught up due to the rate a releases are infrequent.

Reminds me a lot of MONSTER come to think of it. I guess the whole children with brain-powers is popular these days.

Lefty
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:38 AM
chap 69 & 70 are out. This series is taking an intersting turn.

relevasius
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Shuro looked pretty broken when he received the news about Izaku. I wonder if the slight feelings of protection and nurture that he felt back in the early days resurfaced a bit?

Lefty
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:13 PM
ES 75 76 out. Looks to be an interesting begining to a new arc.

Lefty
Fri, 09-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Last four chapters have been released. The ending was little bitter sweet but fitting. It was fun while it lasted.

relevasius
Sun, 09-04-2005, 04:46 AM
Yeah, i'm glad this finished here. Anymore would've been overkill, but as is this is a pretty good read. The ending could've been a bit more dramatic though.