PDA

View Full Version : Boffins create zombie dogs

DO
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0...15739502-13762,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html)

I found this scary and interesting all that the sametime. This is what gets me the most about the whole thing: "Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre." Now this comes to my question. Should this new technique be tested and developed further? Discuss!

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:12 PM
wow.....thats pretty awesome......

technically its not like any sort of "zombification" process though.......because the subject never actually dies.....
its more along the lines of cryogenesis without the cryo

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Scary indeed. There's no limit to weird things like these within science.
All scientists should get together and prepare how we are going to survive an eventual meteor hit instead i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Scary indeed. There's no limit to weird things like these within science.
All scientists should get together and prepare how we are going to survive an eventual meteor hit instead

i think something along the lines of no more fossil fuels or another ice age are more pressing matters than human reanimation or an oncoming meteor (according to that 10 ways to destory the planet site someone posted earlier, we would know of any planet-threatening meteor at least 15 years before it shows up, so we can worry about that when that happens).

or even better....find a way to terraform mars

darkshadow
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:21 PM
if we can create vulcano creating devices, we would be able to

Honoko
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:24 PM
and while we have the energy and time to figure all that out, how about solving some more immediate needs like world hunger or poverty (note sarcasm) =P sometimes i think humanity's focus in general is a tad skewed.

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
screw hunger and poverty......its all about fossil fuels and an ice age, damnit!

Honoko
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
haha, hate your neighbor, love mankind?

XwingRob
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
wow.....thats pretty awesome......

technically its not like any sort of "zombification" process though.......because the subject never actually dies.....
its more along the lines of cryogenesis without the cryo

Agreed.
Heh anyone who's been clinically dead but then came back, is considered a zombie then.

Xollence
Mon, 06-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Wow that's freaky, just watched Land of the Dead too.

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by: Honoko
haha, hate your neighbor, love mankind?

to hate your neighbor is to love mankind

GuardianShado
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:23 AM
thats because half the time your neighbors are total idiots and would most likely be worthy of winning a darwin award. i kno somepeople around me are =P

Psyke
Tue, 06-28-2005, 04:34 AM
Pretty amazing piece of news, but I shudder at the thought of anything going wrong during the trials on humans. Perfect setting for another B grade horror film eh.

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 04:42 AM
Indeed Psyke. That was exactly what I thought as well.

It's only a matter of time before the dogs starts eating brains I suppose. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:17 PM
you know....im pretty sure the image of the dog was either not part of the experiment, or was the most exaggerated case of how he looked after the test

you can tell that the writer had a pessimistic interpretation of the story

Racso
Tue, 06-28-2005, 01:05 PM
TELL me do you really think that this "Experiment" has a good USE with out breaking the morality of "DEATH".......

Because death is DEATH there is no more!!!!!!!!!!! if is your time for die you can't complain!1 BUT in the other side I don't care the morality so.........
i just hope this won't end like RESIDENT EVIL

Deblas
Tue, 06-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Okay, If you die of old age, maybe you can be brought back to life by those means. But for how long will it last. You can't face the fact that your still old and your body can't function forever.

PSJ
Tue, 06-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't see anything wrong with something like this if it helps people that got hurt in a car crash for example. Everything that can help people from dying early is good in my book. It is a little freaky tho and that dog picture didn't make it less freaky.

Racso
Tue, 06-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
I don't see anything wrong with something like this if it helps people that got hurt in a car crash for example. Everything that can help people from dying early is good in my book. It is a little freaky tho and that dog picture didn't make it less freaky.

But Perhaps you forgot that WE ARE HUMANS an humans DON'T help people Humans are selfish and y can bet you that this will end
Like a MILITARY Research only........ and What happend with your need to help..... it simply didn't EXIST!!!

PSJ
Tue, 06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Eh? You lost me with that one....

I disagree with that humans are selfish. There wouldn't be doctors, firemen, policemen for example if humans were selfish. Of course everyone is a little bit selfish from time to time but that is good you should think about yourself to.

DO
Tue, 06-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
you know....im pretty sure the image of the dog was either not part of the experiment, or was the most exaggerated case of how he looked after the test

you can tell that the writer had a pessimistic interpretation of the story

The frost around him and the wild eyes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Originally posted by: Racso

Originally posted by: PSJ

But Perhaps you forgot that WE ARE HUMANS an humans DON'T help people Humans are selfish and y can bet you that this will end
Like a MILITARY Research only........ and What happend with your need to help..... it simply didn't EXIST!!!

It will be military reaserach only thats the whole point. I think they want to create something close to the 'Perfect soldier'.

Deblas
Tue, 06-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, and if they succeed, it won't be long until the enemy gets ahold of the technology, and that will take us where exactly? We will be back at square one.

GuardianShado
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:59 PM
'square one' as in research or 'square one' as in we're going to be torn apart by relentless zombies gone out of control and the human race would basically have to start over again? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Deblas
Tue, 06-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Umm.....no O_o. That is some imagination btw.

Square One as in, research. Now that the enemy has it too, we have to go back and build something better.....like...like....CYBORGS!!!

basey44
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:12 PM
why stop at cyborgs, we now have zombie technology, we can make zombie cyborgs i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:18 PM
We can make zombie cyborgs that look like Yzak!!!!

...what?

basey44
Wed, 06-29-2005, 01:52 AM
*shakes head* you just had to take it too far didnt you

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Always.

ALWAAAAAYS~~!

Deblas
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:47 AM
ahahaha. An army of "Shut Up!!" saying zombie cyborgs packed with funny as hell remarks and insults would be cool. For Terra....I mean.

Psyke
Wed, 06-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I just couldn't resist. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

http://img171.echo.cx/img171/8779/ers220blrg0lm.jpg

Racso
Wed, 06-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: basey44
why stop at cyborgs, we now have zombie technology, we can make zombie cyborgs

Perhaps it is Just my imagination but this SOUND like QUAKE IV with The CYBORGS, Zombies and Military thing.......

Cyborg-Zombie-Soldier!!!!!!!!!1 (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/quake4/screens.html?page=7)

basey44
Wed, 06-29-2005, 09:24 PM
theres a quake 4?

GuardianShado
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:19 AM
hmm... maybe after the cyborg zombies are created one of the scientists is going to break down and create anti-zombie chemical bullets and attach them to the tips of tazers or something so that the zombies can be taken down in one shot.
gungrave anyone? (minus the cyborg thingy) =P

OR
square one would eventually lead us into circular developments of rebirth and destruction (that sounds familiar somehow...) and then that one end of the world flash video happens.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php
^ the end of the world. just imagine this is after all the zombie madness.
something tells me that after i post, this thread is SO gonna be locked. haha

DO
Thu, 06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
This thread sure went to hell. Lets try to stay on topic!

Originally posted by: Deblas
Yeah, and if they succeed, it won't be long until the enemy gets ahold of the technology, and that will take us where exactly? We will be back at square one.

Indeed, that's why war is a chaotic vicious never ending cycle. But we all know for a nation to develop and prosper there does need to be conflict.

Racso
Thu, 06-30-2005, 01:07 PM
But in the end the only thing we can do is..........WAIT and SEE how is getting closer and closer our Tragic END.............. in the mid time let's drink a beer!!!i/expressions/beer.gif

Mite Gai
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Man thats awesome, though it isn't really zombification since they keep their mind which is good since I don't wanna have to be fighting off some zombies a few years from now with the other few survivors of humanity. Oh, and the world hunger problem will never be solved as long as countries like the USA exist since laws of economy dictate that for one country to flourish with wealth like us several other countries must suffer so that the balance will be kept.

P.S. Money $$ = Food

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:13 PM
I got dibs on Leon S. Kennedy whenever this turns into RL Resident Evil.

"Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?!" (you'll get it if you played RE2)

God, I can't wait.

Assertn
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
Man thats awesome, though it isn't really zombification since they keep their mind which is good since I don't wanna have to be fighting off some zombies a few years from now with the other few survivors of humanity. Oh, and the world hunger problem will never be solved as long as countries like the USA exist since laws of economy dictate that for one country to flourish with wealth like us several other countries must suffer so that the balance will be kept.

P.S. Money $$ = Food

only for countries that follow our system.....

then again, for 1st world countries to exist, there must be 3rd world countries......
so anyone in a 1st world country can't expect to fix that without dealing with any consequences of their own i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif