PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Beat Collections

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:10 PM
The first Bleach Beat Collection recently surfaced at Tokyotosho, so go grab it.

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's Bleach's first image album!
What is an image album? Basically it's any given character from the series in question (it can be many characters too) who get together and sing a song or two, often accompanied by other "bonuses" such as OST tracks that didn't make it to the "real" OST and stuff like that.

So, yeah, it's finally Bleach's turn. Interestingly, Naruto doesn't have this yet, which is very strange considering that practically all popular shows has this (Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny is a prime example of this).

Anyway, here follows a little short tracklist/review for anyone who is interested...

01. My blade as my pride
- Masakazu Morita, Ichigo's voice actor, has a very good vocal range actually. This guy is really talented, not only does he sing well, he is also a great voice actor in it's own right as he not only voices Ichigo but also Auel in Gundam Seed Destiny! If you've seen that show, you have to admit that it's really strange since they sound as different from each other that is possible. Anyway, good song, quite catchy... it's a good choice to "front" the single with.

02. Tattoos on the sky
- A more punky song, I didn't care much for it. But that's just me. When it comes to j-punk I'll pick this over the newest Naruto opening any day though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

03. Memories in the rain
- This is a duet between Ichigo and Rukia! The fun part with Rukia's voice actor is that you can really hear that she IS Rukia. Ichigo's voice actor doesn't sound much like Ichigo when he sings, but imagining Rukia hitting that shit is really hilarious. This song sounds -very- dancy and well... "beaty"! You'll understand what I mean when you hear it.

04. My blade as my pride (karaoke)
- The first song again, only without vocals.

I'll have to admit that this isn't really my type of music, as it sounds very "new-age"... but I'm 100% sure that most of you guys will like it. For what it is, I'll give it a 3/5. It is well worth the download. What are you waiting for? Get it!

GLS
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Bleach Beat Collection -Kurosaki Ichigo- (http://tracker.minglong.org:8080/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20BLEACH%20BEAT%20COLLECTION%20-ICHIGO%20KUROSAKI-.zip.torrent?info_hash=183f8b1cd663e73121629451be8 4ea867b5f68cb)
This image album is pretty good. I think you gave it a proper score, Terra.

There is one for Renji that'll be out next month, so I'm lookin' forward to see what his VA can offer up.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Awesome, can't wait.

Since you seem to know things like this, do you know anything about a potential Naruto image album?

GLS
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Never seen anything for a Naruto image album.
I know the new ending coming up is a song called "Speed" by Analog Fish.

Getting back to Bleach, I wonder what the next ending will be. They are coming up on their last Division (13) this week, and I haven't seen any new info about a new ending.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I see, well thanks anyway. Analog Fish... lol. Naruto definitely takes the cake when it comes to hiring groups with stupid names.
Doubtlessly this song will suck as well. *sighs*

Well info about the new Bleach ending should surface soon then, and it will hopefully be good as the rest of them.
It will be pretty sad to go back to the usual endings again though, I really enjoyed seeing a new division in action each week.

Assertn
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
3/5 = 6/10
which is a below-average "D" rating

somehow this accompanied with "It is well worth the download. What are you waiting for? Get it!"
gives me mixed messages

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:46 PM
That's why I not like 10-scales, they make things look differently than they do in the 5-scale for some reason. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

What I'm trying to say, although perhaps with a too enthusiastic way of writing, is that "it's worth the download but I wouldn't buy it."
And the "go get it" is more like "get it because it's Bleach-related and I want to discuss it" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

alstar83
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:19 PM
I like "Memories in the rain" - a duet between Ichigo and Rukia...others, I agree, are so "new-age" type of things....
Anyone has a English tranlation for these songs, esp the above one? Hearing w/o understanding anything...just not enjoyable....

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-29-2005, 03:46 AM
BLEACH B-STATION[5-8][Renji-Itou_Kentarou] _v2_[www.BleachSP.com].zip

Anyone knows what this is? Seeing Renji's name I thought it was the new image album first but I'm not sure...

Xrlderek
Wed, 06-29-2005, 02:51 PM
The Memories in the rain song was alright I think. As you say, it's easy to recognize Rukias voice. The others were a bit boring I think. But they were alright as well. I wish I'd find a translation though.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-12-2005, 08:26 AM
If anyone cares, part 2 of the beat collection releases July 20th. With Renji. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GLS
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
http://s94544210.onlinehome.us...-RENJI+ABARAI-.torrent (http://s94544210.onlinehome.us/gamemp3s/tracker/download.php?id=31&file=BLEACH+BEAT+COLLECTION+-RENJI+ABARAI-.torrent)
Here's a link to Abarai Renji's Beat Collection.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-20-2005, 09:15 PM
I actually forgot that one too. Ain't that a busy night, one new image album each for my favorite series.

Edit: Wow this is one weird beat collection. At least it lives up to the name "beat collection" more than the first one did. There's not so much actual singing in this - it's a lot of spoken stuff mixed with distorted beats and samplings. It sounds really weird. But I love the female vocals in "Gomi Tamemitai na Machi de Oretachi wa Deatta" (track 3). I don't care particularly much for the other two tracks.

Strange overall. I preferred Ichigo's.

Alhuin
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I liked both of them. I was sad that the scans didn't come with Renji's though.

Uryu Ishida's is supposed to be released next month... I believe the 24th...

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Here be Uryu's beat collection (http://s94544210.onlinehome.us/gamemp3s/tracker/download.php?id=41&file=BLEACH+BEAT+COLLECTION+-URYU+ISHIDA-.torrent)

It's decent.

XanBcoo
Sat, 08-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

03. Memories in the rain
- This is a duet between Ichigo and Rukia! The fun part with Rukia's voice actor is that you can really hear that she IS Rukia. Ichigo's voice actor doesn't sound much like Ichigo when he sings, but imagining Rukia hitting that shit is really hilarious. This song sounds -very- dancy and well... "beaty"! You'll understand what I mean when you hear it.

I just downloaded this and loved this song. I did laugh because I pictured Rukia singing for her parts. Good song - at least - better than the Naruto songs XP

...Downloading Uryu's...

alstar83
Tue, 08-30-2005, 03:25 PM
so far the Ichigo's collection is the best. What's next ?

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Vol 4 - Hanataro & Kon, out! (http://s94544210.onlinehome.us/gamemp3s/tracker/download.php?id=54&file=BLEACH+BEAT+COLLECTION+-HANATARO+YAMADA+%26+KON-.torrent)

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Good God. I shudder to think what Hanataro's singing voice sounds like...

Kon should be funny though. *Downloads*

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:42 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet. Any good?

Xrlderek
Tue, 10-25-2005, 02:39 AM
I think it's decent. I really hate the background music on "Shimpainai Oneesan", as well as the singing therei/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif Of course Kon makes it a bit better though . I think LIONS NEVER SURRENDER is the best one, but I don't really understand who's singing.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif And Hanataro desu is alright I guess.

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:44 AM
The first song's music is bizarre and the singing is weird (they just sound like their characters). Hanataro Desu is ok.

Lions Never Surrender is the weirdest though, as you get to hear Kon's real singing voice. It's a bit funny.

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 12-17-2005, 05:46 PM
the next one comes out on december 21st, with ICHIMARU GIN!!! his voice should be awesome

Kezren
Wed, 12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
the link to ishida's is dead. anywhere else I can get it?

Xrlderek
Sat, 12-24-2005, 06:07 AM
Ichimaru Gin Bleach Beat Collection (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20BLEACH%20BEAT%20COLLECTION%20-GIN%20ICHIMARU-.zip.torrent)
Just thought I'd post the link.

Ishida Bleach Beat Collection (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5B%23aznmp3%5DBLEACH%20BEAT%20COLLECTION%20Uryu%2 0Ishida%20%5B320kbps%20ripped%20by%20Nanami%5D.zip .torrent)
I think that one's alive.

Terracosmo
Sat, 12-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Holy shit Gin. Nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kezren
Sun, 12-25-2005, 03:25 PM
thankye thankye