PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Lacus lookalike

Vash1306
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Know this is a stupid question to people but I just started watching Gundam Seed Destiney and notice the Lacus lookalike. Does anyone know her role in the story? I'm continuing to watch but this is really bugging me!

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Meer Cambell's role in the story is to impersonate Lacus in order to inspire the people, because to ZAFT Lacus is a superstar and thus she gives people courage and etc blah blah.
Basically it's Gilbert's way of using the fact that the real Lacus has left.

Did this answer your question?

masamuneehs
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Chariman Dullindal openly acknowledges that Lacus Clyne appeals to the people in a way that a political leader can never do. Aside from raising ZAFT morale and encouragement, Lacus' reaffirming what Dullindal's ideals is like an extra stamp of approval for the Chariman. Otherwise people might say, "well he's just a lying politician." "He's dressing up the situation to keep his power." But after seeing a former superstar turned-renegade against Zala's ZAFT support Dullindal, people go, "oh, he probably is right then." "He's not like the last war-time leader."

I know Terra answered your question already, but I have nothing better to do!

kinggalaxia
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:05 PM
is she in Seed in any way? cuz Athrun recognized her when they met in early GSD. or perhaps she's that woman with long black hair that was flashed during her quasi-breakdown in episode 26

Dannynonsense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:17 PM
nah i think the only reason why asuran noticed her and was shock because he knew that the real lacus wasnt on plant

XwingRob
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Uh, no Meer Campbell is not in Gundam SEED at all. And Athrun thought he was recognizing Lacus Clyne, early in GSD, but it was actually Meer impersonating Lacus at that point...
And that was episode 36 not episode 26.