PDA

View Full Version : Phase 36 Discussion

danholo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Phase 36 titled "Athrun Escapes" has been released.

Downloads:

RAW (http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Seed_Destiny_ep_36_Raw_(WMV9_64 0x480_24fps_VBR).avi.torrent)

SaiyaMan (RAW) (http://bt.saiyaman.info/download.php?id=913&file=%5BSaiyaMan%5D+Gundam+SEE D+Destiny+PHASE+36+RAW.avi.torrent)

Cellphone^2 (http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:5796/torrents/6626624a16431d71ee81d0985b071d768c989363.torrent)

HaroHaro & ToriTori (http://static.thepiratebay.org/downloadtorrent/3349151.torrent/Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_36_by_%5BHaroHaro___ToriTori%5D.3349151.TPB.torre nt)

SEED-Fansubs (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/%5BSEED-Fansubs%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2036.avi.torrent)

Deamon007
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:16 AM
CONTAINS SPOILERS

I love this episode it looks like Athrun finely got his act back together and mia (or meer I dont know how you spell it) lost her personality and realy thinks she is lacus
I cant wait for the next episode (or the fansub) were Athrun in his Gouf will (I hope) own Shin in the Destiny and Ray in the Legend now that Athrun has found his purpose he can be cool again

SorC
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Damn good episode. Can't wait for the sub to find out exactly what it is that Rey and the Chairman talk about. Asuran being labelled as a spy was to be expected though. It also looks like Mia has completely lost it and has convinced herself that she is Lacus. I don't think Asuran will "own" Destiny and Legend but I'm pretty sure that at some point they'll be forced to give up the persuit. I hope Asuran at least smacks Rey (in Legend) around a bit. I'm thoroughly sick of him atm.

As for Shinn, if he's going to turn and fight along side Asuran and Kira later this is about the latest point in the anime to start along that road that I think is possible. It'll also be interesting to see how Lunamaria takes this turn of events.

danholo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't think Athrun'll own anybody with a Gouf in the next episode. No matter how great Athrun's skills are he can't manage with a Gouf against the currently most powerful mobile suits available which are both piloted by very skilled pilots. After Shinn stops hesitating, like we can predict by his exrpession in the last scenes of ep 36, he'll take down Athrun without any problems considering if he knows how to use the Destiny.

darkshadow
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:37 AM
spoilers.

luna tells shinn about her feeling of athrun and stuff, and shinn vows to PROTEK HER!.....

danholo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah, for those who watched the SaiyaMan release, what did you think of all the commercials? Never seen that many in one release before!

Deamon007
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I thought those comersials looked pretty cool

Anonyguy
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Hmm... This was a really good episode with Athrun as the main focus. Dullindal of course is offering praise for his pawn Shinn and tightening his hold over the kid. (At the rate Shinn is succumbing soon Dullindal will be able to order him to wipe out a town and Shinn would do it without any problems because the Chairman knows what's best.) Athrun discussion with Dullindal in front of Destiny and Legend was interesting. He kept asking why he ordered Zaft to shoot down Archangel and Freedom and the Chairman says that he had no choice because they kept opposing them. He even mentions Talia's offer for them to peacefully surrender but by now Athrun and viewers know that Dullindal has his own little agenda going on. It was also kind of funny because Athrun kept glaring at Meer because he knew all about the attempt on Lacus' life.

Later we see the Minerva getting repaired and resupplied and they cut to a scene showing Jibril arriving safely at Heaven's Base. You also momentarily see the Forbidden Blue but if you blink, you'll miss it. Rey and Dullindal have a little discussion. They talk about the matter of Athrun becoming harder and harder to control and Meer overhears them talking. She also finds a picture that Lunamaria took of Athrun talking with Cagalli, Kira and Milly. While Athrun is brooding in his room Meer comes and warns him about what she overheard.

Dullindal says that they may have to eliminate Athrun like they did with Kira and Rey says that he would be more useful to them alive. They can offer him up as a sacrifice by saying that he is a traitor and a spy. And of course this is the last straw for Athrun. Some guards come to his room to arrest him but Athrun manages to escape them. (Quite cleverly too. It's nice to see Athrun take people out with his barehands.) Athrun and Meer run away from his room into the rain and Athrun says he wants to take her away because Dullindal is just using her like he uses everyone else. Meer starts losing it when Athrun calls her by her real name (and you see a flashback of what she really looks like here. Nothing at all like Lacus.) and insists that she is Lacus.

Meanwhile, Meyrin is in her room and a dripping Athrun armed with a machine gun enters. Before he can explain anything to her some guards come knocking on her door. Athrun says to please believe in him and she quickly takes him to the bathroom and turns on the shower. Here is where that whole shower scene takes place. It was all a very clever deception on Meyrin's part to get the guards off of Athrun's back. Meyrin sets off a false alarm and helps Athrun by driving him to the docking area where some of the newer suits are being stored.

Rey and Athrun get into a nice old fashioned gun fight here. I felt this fight was a refreshing change of pace. After all not all battles can take place in mobile suits. Athrun tries to tell Rey to hold his fire because Meyrin is there but he keeps shooting anyway and Athrun manages to disarm him. Athrun and Lunamaria escape in one of the new production model Goufs but the Shinn and Rey go after them in Destiny and Legend.

I'm not sure if Destiny and Legend are nuclear powered in the purest sense. The start up screens show Gunnery United Nuclear Duetrion Advance Manuever system. Athrun told Meyrin that they were going to the Archangel because he doesn't believe that they would perish that easily. All in all a very good episode. Dullindal's little game took a little unexpected turn for a bit. One of his pieces ran away but Rey easily filled in. Honestly it probably works better for him that way. Athrun proved to be too intelligent to control. Shinn is easily manipulated because he rarely thinks about the bigger picture and Rey is totally loyal to him.

Deamon007
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:14 PM
thanks for that Anonyguy I was wondering what they were saying

Mut
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:53 PM
http://img37.echo.cx/img37/863/11196993808155pb.jpg

Deamon007
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
I agree

darkshadow
Sat, 06-25-2005, 01:04 PM
is that a nipple?

Deamon007
Sat, 06-25-2005, 01:17 PM
looks like it

cybercoin
Sat, 06-25-2005, 01:31 PM
O_o...first time they ever showed a nipple . Now its Hentai XD

Death13a
Sat, 06-25-2005, 01:48 PM
nice edited picture Mut. Good episode with lots of action going on. i think Athrun will play possum in ocean so Rey and Shinn would think they dead. While they escape. I think Gouf should be water profed, are they?

Death13a
Sat, 06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
edited: sorry for double post

Anonyguy
Sat, 06-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: Death13a
nice edited picture Mut. Good episode with lots of action going on. i think Athrun will play possum in ocean so Rey and Shinn would think they dead. While they escape. I think Gouf should be water profed, are they?

Since just about every MS is able to function in space I'm pretty sure the Gouf is waterproof. When it's not damaged and filled with holes anyway.

RedX1z
Sat, 06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
*spoiler*

later on, isn't athrun going to own that new unit that resembles justice? he wasn't meant for destiny or legend, at least, i think not, because none of them looked like the justice-like unit..then again, i could be wrong

Anonyguy
Sat, 06-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by: danholo
Oh yeah, for those who watched the SaiyaMan release, what did you think of all the commercials? Never seen that many in one release before!

The commercials were great. They usually edit them out for their releases but I'm glad they left them in. I definitely liked the commercial with the 1/144 Destiny and Strike Freedom. Having the world split between the two of them and having the half on Destiny and Shinn's side being scorched and barren was a nice touch. A bit of foreshadowing perhaps.

Blues
Sat, 06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Seems to me that Shinn is showing some resistance toward the end, when he finds out they're going after Asuran.

I'm thinking that Shinn's going to defect to the AA somehow within the next few episodes.

All in all, it was a really good episode.

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Well I just picked up the RAW and watched it even though I don't know a spit of Japanese and i Still liked this episode! I really can't wait for the fansub to come out so I can understand what the hell people were actualyl saying. I mean I could get a decent idea, but I hate not knowing for sure....

PSJ
Sat, 06-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Great episode. I didn't get shit but it was awesome anyway. Meyrin is getting interesting and so is Rey, i really like how he resembles Rau now.

I found it funny how ugly Mia looked with that grey hair in her flashback when she was singing, of course she wants to be Lacus if she looked like that.

The ep had some good action without mobile suits and it was darker than usual, colorwise. Some pretty interesting dialog to, even tho i didn't understand a word i understood that it was important shit they were discussing both Asuran and Dullinandal and Rey and Dullinandal.

Can't wait to get my hands on a speedsub.

Nai
Sat, 06-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by: Blues
I'm thinking that Shinn's going to defect to the AA somehow within the next few episodes.
The day Shinn defects to the "Jolly Carebear Squad" is the day I commit seppuku after incinerating my computer.

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing Shinn and Rey with Destiny and Legend VS Asuran in a frickin' Gouf ( ha ha ha! ). Seriously, this could turn out as one of the best moments of GSD. Then again, it could also turn out as one of the worst. Oh, and Mia is a psycopath. I'm starting to like her a bit. As for Rey.. sexiest character in this show without a doubt. He just needs to play the piano more.

Blues
Sat, 06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by: Nai

The day Shinn defects to the "Jolly Carebear Squad" is the day I commit seppuku after incinerating my computer.

Heh heh. Stranger things have happened. Besides, I said it's possible....didn't say I'd like it though.

And Shin & Rey vs Asuran should be interesting. Though I have a feeling an outside factor will play a part.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 06-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by: Deamon007
CONTAINS SPOILERS

I love this episode it looks like Athrun finely got his act back together and mia (or meer I dont know how you spell it) lost her personality and realy thinks she is lacus
I cant wait for the next episode (or the fansub) were Athrun in his Gouf will (I hope) own Shin in the Destiny and Ray in the Legend now that Athrun has found his purpose he can be cool again

I might be wrong, but to me it didn't seem like Mia really thought she was Lacus but rather that she felt it would be a good life for her even if it just would be pretending to be Lacus.

Barumonk
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I agree with Shinji. She seemed like she didn't want to leave the fans and attention. Perhaps she felt as if no one cared about her before she was Lacus, and now she gets all the love she wants. She probably helps the chairman because of those reasons, and if ZAFT/PLANT is destroyed then she would have no fans left.. probably.

optiks650
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Just finished the RAW, and have to say great episode. Some good turning points. As Anonyguy mentioned about the gunfight between Rey and Athrun, I have to agree that it was a good change of pace along with Athrun's escape from his room. Finally, a bit of hand to hand.
Just have to say YaY!!! More Meyrin XD!!! She's kawaii! Hair down or up or wet HeHe!
Looking forward to the sub to clear up my rough bit of Japanese and for the next episode. It looks like a juicy one.

Deblas
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:57 AM
*cries* KIRAAA!! COME BAAACK!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Falconco
Sun, 06-26-2005, 02:23 AM
wow really sounds great from what you guys talk about, can't wait for cellphone =D

Deamon007
Sun, 06-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Cellphone is out http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:579...071d768c989363.torrent (http://cellpwnbt.no-ip.org:5796/torrents/6626624a16431d71ee81d0985b071d768c989363.torrent)

Curium
Sun, 06-26-2005, 05:12 AM
I'll post more tomorrow, I just watched the episode before going to bed and wanted to go ahead and make 2 comments now.

First, Meyrin is definatly WAY smarter then I thought she was. I always had the impression of her being just a ditz.

Second, the expression Shinn had when Rey told him they were chasing Athrun increased my respect for him a few points. I still hate him, but not quite as much as before.

Cion
Sun, 06-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Nice episode.

I'm starting to doubt shinn will defect to the "Jollybear squad"
He will prolly be with chairman to end but realise his wrongs and die
as a hero or something like that.

fenix000
Sun, 06-26-2005, 09:28 AM
*cries im still downloading this episode! .. did u say shinn actualllly respects athrun ?!?!... im gona have a moment of silence here coz i just cant belevive the bone head thought about him... tho he is still a nooby no doubt about that.. if he eva does go to AA he would be simple followings Kira's path.

Madell
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Nice ep...I don't think Shinn will switch sides becuase he's uber Zaft man
Yeah Shinn respects Athruni/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MeroTZ
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Woohoo, cant wait to watch the sub, and especially cant wait for next episode.

For anyone that thinks Athrun doesn't stand a chance, remember, the Gouf is ZAFT's latest design other than Legend and Destiny. Its more advanced than any of the non-Freedom Gundams (other than Destroy) we have seen so far in Destiny. If you remember, Heine was able to easily subdue Gaia in his. And while I realise that Destiny and Legend are a far cry from Gaia, Athrun in SEED mode is also far above Heine.

Short of being in Infinite Justice, Athrun couldn't hope for a better mobile suti to be in right now. Well, Saviour's flight mode with its uber speed would be nice, but thats just not an option now is it? Lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Anyway, it should be a fight to watch.

DragonBladeX
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:25 AM
If Shinn is actually respecting Athrun, it will only show in the extreme of cases, like ordering him to shoot Athrun down, in ep 27. Overall, a very good development of the plot here, nearly half the episode was spent in the hangar with Athrun demanding why the AA had to be shot down, Chairman explaining his warped motives with pure logic(Shinn was there so he had to make sure every words make 'sense' to him too). Meyrin shocked me(and probably everyone else) with her action of suddenly helping Athrun, which brings up my point that Athrun is irresistable to the ladies i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif. Rey has gone deep into the darkside, really pissed me off when he didn't give a damn that Meyrin was with Athrun and he goes off shooting anyway. I thought Rey was a marksmen, but Athrun's shooting proved me wrong. A single shot like that disarms Rey, no doubt who's the new marksman now.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by: Nai

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing Shinn and Rey with Destiny and Legend VS Asuran in a frickin' Gouf ( ha ha ha! ). Seriously, this could turn out as one of the best moments of GSD. Then again, it could also turn out as one of the worst. Oh, and Mia is a psycopath. I'm starting to like her a bit. As for Rey.. sexiest character in this show without a doubt. He just needs to play the piano more.

Agreement once again, Rey is indeed sexy, and his piano melodies are a lot better than Nichol's IMO.

About this episode, it was really great because as many already have stated we're back to the likeable Athrun who actually does stuff. Dropkicking soldiers and shit. Also, now I finally realize why there was a mysterious blue grunt suit in the opening i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Also, Meer is a fucking nutcase. Me like.
Additionally, it's interesting to see Meyrin do something. I'm glad the show takes advantage of it's large cast of characters instead of the usual focusing on just a select few.

I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOORE~!

Rey's probability of achieving favorite character status (after Yzak of course) = 99.5%

@Dragonblade: Of course Rey is a marksman, he's great at aiming, but Athrun is just better. He's older and more experienced with guns and whatnot. Also, it's not like the show had a choice. Would be funny if Rey actually shot Athrun down. I can just imagine it, screen turning black, big white "Game Over" title and the show ends i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sano
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:33 AM
As for the expert marksman, remember in the earlier episode when Athuran and Cagalli were still on the Minerva and Athuran was showing his shooting skills? It was clear his shooting skills surpassed Rey's. Rey started off as an interesting character, but he's now nothing but another puppet for Dullindal, so I lost my respect for Rey. Perhpas he was genetically engineered to be 110% loyal to Dullindal. It was good to see Shinn surprised to see the "spy" was Athuran. Meryin running with Athuran totally surprised me, because she had a perfect record in Zaft, and wasn't a major character in the series up until now. It's finally good to see Athuran wake up to his senses and get smart like how he did in Seed.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:34 AM
I liked that scene. It showed that even though Athrun's never been extremely enthusiastic in Destiny, he's still the main man when it comes to pure skills with arms & etc.

I just realized how awesome Destiny opening 4 is going to be. Half of the cast is dead and the remaining has switched sides like crazy. Now let's hope it will be an awesome speedy song in the vein of Believe/Realize rather than this Bokutachi no Shitsong opening 3.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:41 AM
i like bokutachi i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Death13a
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:43 AM
since i get error on cellphone tracket page when i click download so try from torrent spy as i am downloading from it right now.
http://torrentspy.com/search.a...35854&query=gundam (http://torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=335854&query=gun dam)

DragonBladeX
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:46 AM
There's something bothering me about the chat between Rey and the Chairman. When they were talking about the lab, Dullindal mentions that he was careless about the incident. Was he trying to cover up the incident in the 1st place or not? I thought Rey was the one who sourced that info out and went to recce the place 1st?

Rey's sixth sense must be extremely sharp if he just saw Meyrin driving off in a vehicle and knew she was hiding Athrun inside.

Edit: I could only make out a very small red blob in the car when Meyrin was driving. Either my above theory is right or Rey has eyes like an eagle.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:50 AM
@Darkshadow: It's a good anime song, but a bad Gundam Seed song. I've come to expect nothing but the best!

@Dragonblade: I'm guessing that perhaps it was Gil's order to send Rey there, and he maybe wasn't aware that it'd cause Rey such pain. Also about the Meyrin part it was a bit out of place for her to be driving a truck out of nowhere during an alarm sounding I suppose i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

---

Oh, almost forget to comment on the edited Meyrin pic that Mut posted.
In short, Mut's my hero. And that picture is my new desktop image i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

darkshadow
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:56 AM
i just noticed something terra, you, mut and assetern are the only sannin right?? what a coincidence

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:57 AM
PSJ is too.

And it's indeed a coincidence, seeing as you get the title when you reach 4000 posts. And we all have over 4000 posts. Magic!

XForce
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Man I was hoping at least to see Legend and Destiny launch at the end of the episode, but they were nothing more than cockteases this ep =( Next ep is going to be filled with great action scenes (hopefully), but I'm also really curious to what Bartfeld and the real Lacus are doing in their pseudo-asteroid-spaceship thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

thejamppa
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Man, Rey has changed. I'm started to think Rey has been plotting with Dullendaal. But who is Rey? Or What he is? Anyway, Rey has been changed, he even ignored when Athrun tried to protect Meyrin by shouting Rey that meyrin was there. It seems Rey is one of the bad guys after all... And Shinn is excited about Destiny but Athrun's behavior has mixed him badly. I think Shinn really worships Athrun as pilot and was so brat like when his hero wasn't like the thought... Or something like that. But I think Shinn will defect sooner or later to AA, Lunamaria might defect too... Since it strongly looks like Meyrin, her sister will be in AA too... Intresting episode, very good though.

As for Gouf owning two latest Gundam's... Man, snap out of it. No matter how good pilot you are, fighting with gouf against Legend and Destiny is same as you would try to race with Ford T-model against Lamborghini Diablo and try to win... Too old, too slow, not enough firepower. And Athrun has Meyrin to protect also... So something will happend. Someone will resque Athrun... But who? Maybe Rey says something that he souldn't have said and causes Shinn to turn his side, witch I doubt. Only options are someone will resque Athrun ( But who? AA is hiding and doesn't know about situation ) They take damage and play dead in sea? Or They manage escape because of thunder storm and Athruns pilotin skills help's Athrun and Meyrin loose Rey and Sinn in that thunder storm witch we saw in snake preview ... That is most likely option. To where next? Athrun is certain AA and Kira are, ok and there is only one place where they could be heading and Athrun will head there too: Orb... But we'll see what's going to happend...

Death13a
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:52 PM
good episode after waching subbed version. I am conviced that Rey can't another puppet of Gil as he too smart for that and as he even directs Dullendaal what to do. Meer hadn't lost her mind but just prefers to be famouse even if it just to play the role. Meyrin probebly had a crush on Athrun for some time and decided to help him. I think Caggali's bodyguard (forgot his name) from SEED will rescue Athrun and Meyrin from ocean after he leave base in comotion. As Athrun can't defeat two Gundams or run away and Rey defenetly won't leave Athrun alive.

It seems most people theory's that DRAGOON system can be piloted by only newtypes is went to drain as Dullendaal mentioned that sytem was upgraded so anyone can use it. Same as mobile suites for naturals.

Dannynonsense
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:54 PM
that was a good episode that dropkick asuran gave to that soldier was nice also he is an excellent marksmen.

next issue i think rey and duillandal have been planning this all out since rau died but i think rey also has his own motives or has the same as duillnadal. after that about the gouf it cant beat legend and destiny if it did all that crap the chairman was saying would be bs but i do think if asuran is the pilot he can give them competition might as well since you have a whole squadran of babi after you also

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I have a theory about Rey being a clone of Rau. Rau might have felt that his time left was short and wanted to be "reincarnated" in the form of a new person or something like that. Or maybe he wanted someone to fulfill his extermination of all things living. Anyway even if he is a clone of Rau or perhaps his son, or even just a relative or whatever... I'm sure that Rey's love for Rau is part of why he is so extremely dedicated to Gil's cause seeing as Gil & Rau were friends.

MeroTZ
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by: thejamppa

As for Gouf owning two latest Gundam's... Man, snap out of it. No matter how good pilot you are, fighting with gouf against Legend and Destiny is same as you would try to race with Ford T-model against Lamborghini Diablo and try to win... Too old, too slow, not enough firepower. And Athrun has Meyrin to protect also... So something will happend. Someone will resque Athrun... But who? Maybe Rey says something that he souldn't have said and causes Shinn to turn his side, witch I doubt. Only options are someone will resque Athrun ( But who? AA is hiding and doesn't know about situation ) They take damage and play dead in sea? Or They manage escape because of thunder storm and Athruns pilotin skills help's Athrun and Meyrin loose Rey and Sinn in that thunder storm witch we saw in snake preview ... That is most likely option. To where next? Athrun is certain AA and Kira are, ok and there is only one place where they could be heading and Athrun will head there too: Orb... But we'll see what's going to happend...

Um... its not like comparing a Model T to a Diablo, its like... well, you are obviously ignoring the fact taht both the GOUF and Destiny/Legend have been developed at the same time. The technology used in them is the same, and likely the ONLY advantage Destiny and Legend have over a Gouf is that they are nuclear (maybe) powered. Other than that, its all custom armament.

This is going to be a 1 v 2 with all pilots equiped with top of the line high performance suits. Athrun definately has a chance... or dont you remember Athrun owning Chaos in a Zaku? In SEED, you dont have to be in a Gundam to win a fight.

PSJ
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Nah the Gouf is a mass produced grunt suit. It got nothing on the Legend and Destiny. As for Asuran owning Chaos, Sting was obviously a bad pilot, i mean he lost to 3 Murasames.

optiks650
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Other than the main events, I'm just curious about those scenes with Djibril. I'm wondering how the hell he got out the mansion that he was in. Didn't all those soldiers have him surrounded or something. Maybe he had some hidden escape or something. Also, who were all those wealthy looking people around him. They perhaps maybe more Logos, or just some wealthy to-do people. And what will Logos do next?

Just my $0.02.

MeroTZ
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by: PSJ
Nah the Gouf is a mass produced grunt suit. It got nothing on the Legend and Destiny. As for Asuran owning Chaos, Sting was obviously a bad pilot, i mean he lost to 3 Murasames.

Its not a "Grunt" suit, and even if it was, that woudln't matter. Because all of the socalled modern "Grunt" suits, like Zaku's and Windams, are high performance on the level of Gundams. The reason most 'Grunts' are taken out so easily, is because the majority of their pilots dont have a tenth the combat experience or ability of the main characters. Chaos was brougth down by three murasames because those three murasames were being flown by skilled pilots. I mean seriously, the murasame is a great suit. Its fast, versatile, and armed well enough to take almost anything out there down.

All Gundams have over grunt suits are specialized weaponry (which doens't matter if Athrun can dodge... he can) and phase shift armor, which does nothing to stop the beam weaponry prevalent in all SEED mecha.

Also, call me crazy, but GOUF's are commander/elite suits aren't they?

naruto22
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:45 PM

I agree with Metrosz. Its not like you are comparing a Ginn with Legend and Destiny. Ginn couldn't even scratch the original 5 Gundams, Strike, Blitz, Aegis, Buster and Duel.

But a Gouf? Despite being a main production model, should we underestimate it? Remember that Asuran first faced Chaos, Gaia and Abyss in a ZAKU and did fairly well, enough to be saved by Shinn anyway. It wasn't like he was killed in one shot in a ZAKU.

One thing I like about Gundam Seed Destiny is that most of the mass produced mobile suits have been shown, as in the case of Lunamaria, Rey and Asuran (who have piloted ZAKUS against the new GUNDAMS) can stand up against the more specialy developed ones.

As for Sting being a sucky pilot and losing to three Murasames, well, once again, IT WAS TEAMWORK THAT DEFEATED THE EGOISTIC STING. Not to mention now the Murasame pilots had a valid target and fought MUCH better than when they fought the Minerva.

For good ness sake, Chaos isn't aerodynamic anyway. The Murasame's were and that's why they won. And its not like Sting lost to a MASS of Murasame's either. It was only three that took him down and that's respecatable.

Back to a Gouf fighting Legend and Destiny, well, Asuran will give them a run their money. But seriously, Asuran will lose if Legend's DRAGOON system is anything like Providence. How the system can work in a gravity/atmostphere environment is beyond me though. You shouldn't be able to use the detacheable guns in a gravity situation. But if it can work in atmosphere, Asuran is doomed. Remember that Rau in Providence virtually anihilated anything he saw, INCLUDING Freedom with the METEOR system attached. Well, he scrapped the METEOR System and damn well nearly scrapped Freedom to bits as well. Remember with the system, Reycan well use it to shoot Asuran from EVERY direction, and Asuran has only one shield and no phase armour.

Oh, and Raw took out the Eternal and Kusanagi, along with their escorts as well with the DRAGOON system as well.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm more worried about Asuran fighting Rey than against Shinn. I fear LEGEND much more than DESTINY. Expecially when we all know now that Shinn is some sort of bad guy who will NOT hold his punches whereas Shinn, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPP in his heart, repects Asuran as a big brother, or a comrade at the very least. Shin will not hesitate and if he can operate DRAGOON in the atmosphere, why the hell does he need DESTINY for?

Assuming fighting style is similar to Freedom, a Gouf may be able to go one on one with Destiny taking into accounts its considerable close range capabilities of a Laser Sword and Electric Whip.

For Long Range combat, Gouf loses hands down to both but thing is, he cannot go close to Legend if Legend can use the DRAGOON.

Conclusion: Gouf may stand up to Destiny but definitely not Legend.

MeroTZ
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by: naruto22

I agree with Metrosz. Its not like you are comparing a Ginn with Legend and Destiny. Ginn couldn't even scratch the original 5 Gundams, Strike, Blitz, Aegis, Buster and Duel.

But a Gouf? Despite being a main production model, should we underestimate it? Remember that Asuran first faced Chaos, Gaia and Abyss in a ZAKU and did fairly well, enough to be saved by Shinn anyway. It wasn't like he was killed in one shot in a ZAKU.

One thing I like about Gundam Seed Destiny is that most of the mass produced mobile suits have been shown, as in the case of Lunamaria, Rey and Asuran (who have piloted ZAKUS against the new GUNDAMS) can stand up against the more specialy developed ones.

As for Sting being a sucky pilot and losing to three Murasames, well, once again, IT WAS TEAMWORK THAT DEFEATED THE EGOISTIC STING. Not to mention now the Murasame pilots had a valid target and fought MUCH better than when they fought the Minerva.

For good ness sake, Chaos isn't aerodynamic anyway. The Murasame's were and that's why they won. And its not like Sting lost to a MASS of Murasame's either. It was only three that took him down and that's respecatable.

Back to a Gouf fighting Legend and Destiny, well, Asuran will give them a run their money. But seriously, Asuran will lose if Legend's DRAGOON system is anything like Providence. How the system can work in a gravity/atmostphere environment is beyond me though. You shouldn't be able to use the detacheable guns in a gravity situation. But if it can work in atmosphere, Asuran is doomed. Remember that Rau in Providence virtually anihilated anything he saw, INCLUDING Freedom with the METEOR system attached. Well, he scrapped the METEOR System and damn well nearly scrapped Freedom to bits as well. Remember with the system, Reycan well use it to shoot Asuran from EVERY direction, and Asuran has only one shield and no phase armour.

Oh, and Raw took out the Eternal and Kusanagi, along with their escorts as well with the DRAGOON system as well.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm more worried about Asuran fighting Rey than against Shinn. I fear LEGEND much more than DESTINY. Expecially when we all know now that Shinn is some sort of bad guy who will NOT hold his punches whereas Shinn, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPP in his heart, repects Asuran as a big brother, or a comrade at the very least. Shin will not hesitate and if he can operate DRAGOON in the atmosphere, why the hell does he need DESTINY for?

Assuming fighting style is similar to Freedom, a Gouf may be able to go one on one with Destiny taking into accounts its considerable close range capabilities of a Laser Sword and Electric Whip.

For Long Range combat, Gouf loses hands down to both but thing is, he cannot go close to Legend if Legend can use the DRAGOON.

Conclusion: Gouf may stand up to Destiny but definitely not Legend.

As you have said, Legend is the main problem. Also, as you have said, its not really reasonable to assume the DRAGOON system can work in gravity i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I'm kinda counting on that for the "Athrun beats the two signature suits in a GOUF" theory.

One other thing to consider though, is that the GOUF has standard armament and equipment, whereas Shinn and Rey have never flown anything remotely like their new suits. Athrun may be able to squeeze in a victory on account of them getting used to their badass new weapons.

Also, thanks for the extra info on the Murasame thing. Them working as a team really had Chaos totally outmatched.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:53 PM
"we all know now that Shinn is some sort of bad guy who will NOT hold his punches whereas Shinn, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPP in his heart, repects Asuran as a big brother, or a comrade at the very least. Shin will not hesitate and if he can operate DRAGOON in the atmosphere, why the hell does he need DESTINY for?
"
i think you mean REY as some sort of bad guy and REY will not hesitate i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
and chaos is pretty aerodynamic and way faster then the murasme's, but only in ma mode, he should 've just transformed and flown away, yzak and asuran (omg i actually typed asuran!!) where owning chaos and abyss, totally, if they werent called back they would've died there, so yeah athrun in a gouf will definitly last against destiny, legend is abit different though , with the whole dragoon system and stuff..

Spoiler removed. There are topics for discussing future events available already. No need bringing them here.

GotWoot Moderator

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 01:56 PM
@Merotz: Gouf by themselves aren't commander suits I think, the one Athrun has seems to be a grunt suit because earlier in the episode we see many of them coming out of some garage thingy. Also, Heine's was a special Gouf by the name of Gouf Ignited. Athrun is a good pilot, but there's no way in hell he'll beat 2 gundams pursuing him at this point in the series and with such a suit.

@Naruto: Even if Legend has the DRAGOON system I think you're underestimating Destiny. It's supposed to be the state-of-the-art Gundam, best among the best. I think that it has something that rivals the DRAGOON system in one way or the other. Also, we haven't really seen any of them in action yet...

@darkshadow: For the love of GOD... STOP SPOILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the hell do you even put those spoilers in there? It doesn't even matter that you warn for spoilers, nobody wants to read them, there are topics for spoiling. All you accomplish by doing that is spark peoples' interests, as well as risking that they might see it because this forum doesn't have proper spoiler tags. And yes, I accidently saw that spoiler... AND I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE IT.

What's up with you and that thing anyway? Are you trying to show off that you know what happens in the future? Jesus.

Dannynonsense
Sun, 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
terra is right but the original gouf that appeared was the test model for the gouf you see now even though zaft has advanced its technology alot it still appiles it the same way in seed the grunt suits and then the suits made for commaders and aces (ex: CGUE, Gouf, Zaku Phantom) if you notice the armarment on the gouf is exactly the same as the one on the experiment version. now to the point the gouf is in fact a good mobile suit since the technology in it is derived from test ms like justice freedom gouf ignited etc. since they use the gundams to test new technology to improve there current millitary strength and future strength. however the gouf can not beat destiny and legend but asuran is a good pilot who can probbaly damage them right before he gets away. and remeber what the chairman said destiny is zaft greatest ms

darkshadow
Sun, 06-26-2005, 03:26 PM
@terra..............uhm sry............i dunno i tend to forget sometimes, cause i also visit other forum and stuff, im not trying to show of, im not the kind of person that would show of something, im sry that i angered you, didnt mean to, wont do it again

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Well no probs, maybe I was a bit harsh, I'm just extra sensitive when it comes to Gundam spoilers seeing as I am a complete Seed bitch.
But yeah, I'd appreciate if you don't do it again. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Barumonk
Sun, 06-26-2005, 05:07 PM
This is a theory but either way, read it at your own risk. ^^;;

Anyway, it kind of just dawned on me, if Athrun is saved, then its probably by Lunamaria. If not to save Athrun, then to save her sister. Impulse is the only remaining suit on Minerva, and its not like its a slouch technology wise. Lunamaria herself is also a red coat, so there is no reason to beleive she would just immediatly die like a non-main character grunt unit. I can see her stealing Impulse in an attempt to let Athrun/Meyrin escape from being killed.

ChaosK
Sun, 06-26-2005, 05:45 PM
adding on to barumonk's theory

she might get killed in the process which drives meyrin crazy lala yeah....

it'd be awsome to watch athurn own shinn while he 's in a gouf and shinn's in legend, that'd surely knock him down a couple of notches.

GLS
Sun, 06-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Haro^2Tori^2 (http://static.thepiratebay.org/downloadtorrent/3349151.torrent/Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_36_by_%5BHaroHaro___ToriTori%5D.3349151.TPB.torre nt)

Awesome episode! Athrun taking out those gaurds and disarming Rey was cool.
Cant wait to see Gouf vs. Destiny and Legend next week i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

masamuneehs
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Man, Rey has changed. I'm started to think Rey has been plotting with Dullendaal. But who is Rey? Or What he is? Anyway, Rey has been changed, he even ignored when Athrun tried to protect Meyrin by shouting Rey that meyrin was there. It seems Rey is one of the bad guys after all... And Shinn is excited about Destiny but Athrun's behavior has mixed him badly. I think Shinn really worships Athrun as pilot and was so brat like when his hero wasn't like the thought... Or something like that. But I think Shinn will defect sooner or later to AA, Lunamaria might defect too... Since it strongly looks like Meyrin, her sister will be in AA too... Intresting episode, very good though.

As for Gouf owning two latest Gundam's... Man, snap out of it. No matter how good pilot you are, fighting with gouf against Legend and Destiny is same as you would try to race with Ford T-model against Lamborghini Diablo and try to win... Too old, too slow, not enough firepower.

I still have to love Rey because I honestly believe that all shows of this type revolve around the villian-hero relationship and an interesting bad guy is at least 50% of the show. I like Rey alot and have always been rooting for him to go to the evil side completely. I believe he is a clone or child of Rau and should develop interestingly over the next couple episodes. That being said, I was slightly disappointed when he didn't say anything besides "You can't betray Dullindal" to Athrun. I don't want him to just be a mindless puppet, and his relationship with Dullindal hasn't really been fully explained yet. In fact, I have almost zero idea as to how the kid's brain works. He needs to get an episode to himself or maybe more to establish him as the villain, since I can't imagine Shinn will be dedicated enough to fight alongside Evil Dullindal all the way to the end (although, if Legend guides the destiny, as the promo says, then maybe Rey can keep Shinn in line)...

I love the idea of the new main character becoming a bad guy when it comes down to the end.... mwhaha

And as for Gouf vs. Legend & Destiny, I have a bad feeling Athrun is going to survive... I agree that technically there is not a chance in hell for him to win, but I feel like he's going to pull it off somehow. The "playing dead" idea someone vouched is probably the most likely thing, but then Rey is an idiot because after Kira survives a near cockpit shot from Impulse, how are you not going to hack Athrun's Gouf into itty-bitty pieces?

And how does Rey know that Kira survived??

ThatGuyThere
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:06 PM
I think that either of these things will happen...
1. Rey will get into position to kill athrun but athrun will be saved by shinn at the last moment
OR
2. Kira will show up in strike freedom and save athrun

I dunno jus a theory

~strike-freedom~
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
..... just to make it clear, rey doesn't no that kira survived.... he said he "did" during the talk with the chairman, becaise he meant that in athrun's heart, he will alwasy be there..

DDBen
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs

As for Gouf owning two latest Gundam's... Man, snap out of it. No matter how good pilot you are, fighting with gouf against Legend and Destiny is same as you would try to race with Ford T-model against Lamborghini Diablo and try to win... Too old, too slow, not enough firepower.

I still have to love Rey because I honestly believe that all shows of this type revolve around the villian-hero relationship and an interesting bad guy is at least 50% of the show. I like Rey alot and have always been rooting for him to go to the evil side completely. I believe he is a clone or child of Rau and should develop interestingly over the next couple episodes. That being said, I was slightly disappointed when he didn't say anything besides "You can't betray Dullindal" to Athrun. I don't want him to just be a mindless puppet, and his relationship with Dullindal hasn't really been fully explained yet. In fact, I have almost zero idea as to how the kid's brain works. He needs to get an episode to himself or maybe more to establish him as the villain, since I can't imagine Shinn will be dedicated enough to fight alongside Evil Dullindal all the way to the end (although, if Legend guides the destiny, as the promo says, then maybe Rey can keep Shinn in line)...

I love the idea of the new main character becoming a bad guy when it comes down to the end.... mwhaha

And as for Gouf vs. Legend & Destiny, I have a bad feeling Athrun is going to survive... I agree that technically there is not a chance in hell for him to win, but I feel like he's going to pull it off somehow. The "playing dead" idea someone vouched is probably the most likely thing, but then Rey is an idiot because after Kira survives a near cockpit shot from Impulse, how are you not going to hack Athrun's Gouf into itty-bitty pieces?

From the reaction to the lab that Shinn and Rey investigated at a earlier point I would say that Rey is essentially a extended possibly one that was made without drugs and instead through cloning but he went through the same conditioning.

Also Rey hasn't changed at all from Day 1 he has been working exclusively for Dullindale the fact he isn't given any special treatment at all yet is considered a Ace simply means he's not as expendable as say Shinn. Who had he been killed in the first episode using impulse wouldn't have ment anything at all to Dullindale just another sacrificed pawn in a game of chess. However Rey being 100% loyal and having the same goals as Dullindale is a much more valueable tool for him to use for his greater plan. The moment Rey got into Legend however he has become a frontline soldier who is essentially a expendable pawn. Do note previous to this Rey has essentially been used to guard the Minerva in a rather safe position and legend being essential to the front lines by using it this is the first time Rey has actually put himself in any serious risk.

ArcZero
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:50 AM
hahaha....... i just realized that if meyrin wasn't driving like a maniac, asuran could've gotten away without anyone noticing. but that would be boring. and omg!! meyrin is so much hotter than lunamaria. now i know the gouf isn't as advanced as the destiny or legend, but asuran is every bit as good a pilot as kira. i think he'll give them a pretty hard time capturing him.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm also a fan of the whole Rey going evil thing. He's been one of my favorite Destiny characters from the start and as I stated before he might very well end up being my 2nd favorite after Yzak. At first he was just a cool and silent badass, pretty good character but still not that special, but then he developed in a great way when we saw his affection for Gil (of course, this made it so he lost 95% of his fanbase since god forbid that a male hugs another man) but to me it was very interesting because it was just so unexpected. Then when he went crazy at the lab and finally when we found out that he was the offspring/clone/whateverthefuck of Rau it just got better. And on top of it all, he plays the piano and seems to become the pilot of the badass Legend. Oh, and potentially a badguy!

Seriously guys, Rey is the shit.

LokeXero
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I agree, im liking Rey more and more as the series progress's (He reminds me alot of Zechs for some reason).

ArcZero made the point bout Meyrins driving. I dont think it was her driving as such as Rey saw her driving...

danholo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:04 AM
If you see Rey in the earlier episodes, he has "that" (=determined, evil) face sometimes. I didn't notice it until I paid heed to it a bit more.

oyabun
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:45 AM
first of all, i like what mut ded to meyrin.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif it was like meyrin in the future.. it would be nice to see shin and rey get owned by athrun. but i doubt that will happen. athrun has a disadvantage seeing it is 2v1, athrun can hold them for some time but he connot defeat the 2 most powerful gundam in the series so far. im not saying he can't but it should be hard as hell for him to outwit those two, i mean, rey and shin got this wierd gay connection.. hehehe j/k wonder how the animators pull this off.. great action scene next eps! can't wait!!!

Zariel
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Im not too sure about my feelings, I think he should of taken a Gunn (Goohn), u know, that underwater MS instead because you can't fire beams underwater.

But its a wonder how Athrun will pull out of this situation

DragonBladeX
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Simple. The GOUF will lose but not without a fight, Shinn will still shoot but probably aim for a non-vital spot on the GOUF. Rey cannot be the one aiming for Athrun for he will definitely kill the GOUF. Unless he such a bad shot that he merely knocks it out which is unlikely. The odds are stacked against Athrun in this battle, it is unlikely he will win.

kinggalaxia
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey guys, I'm finally chiming in with my take on this ep. NOTE: Sorry, Blues, I had to watch it. We coulda seen it together, had I known my date was postponed yesterday!!! *bows for forgiveness*

This episode was all-around great, because of all the many significant developments. My points/opinions:

- Rey is really fucking awesome now, as if he wasn't at least cool before, hehehe

- I like how Meer has and hasn't betrayed Gil's plan. She's gone nuts with identity crisis and that's one of my favorite psychosis.

- I like how they unveil Gil as the evil bastard he is...but they coulda held it out until after Logos got owned.

- On that note, interesting last stand by Logos. EAF/Zaft vs. Heaven's Base should be an interest 2-3 parter arc.

- Shinn's place is being shown better. He's merely a pawn and soon, he'll see this. The earlier theory from someone, about him turning and thus dying? That's tres possible now, in my eyes.

- Shinn respecting Athrun and being surprised at his desertion? Well, think of it this way: you HATE this bully at school and then you find that's an abused child. I know that's not a clear example but it's all "I hate you...but I know you're my ally...why are you leaving us?"

- Meyrin's worth more than quadrupled with this ep. Did anyone else think of Metal Gear Solid during her shower trick? And then imagine the "BREET" noise when Rey sees her driving. LOL

- The gun fight of Athrun vs. Rey was awesome. It solidified Rey as a villain to me, especially with Meyrin, one of his academy friends, as one of his targets.

Well, GSD's end draws near. Who else can't wait for the next ep? Destiny & Legend in action!!!!

Oh yeah, when should the 4th opener/ending start being shown??

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:44 AM
The new opening started in episode 41 for Seed if I remember correctly, hopefully we'll get it around the same time or perhaps even ep 39-40.
Damn, it's gonna be good i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kAi
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:41 PM
I've just caught up to this and my thoughts about GSD so far are as follows.

- Shinn is a little bitch
- Kira better kill Shinn
- Meyrin is cool
- Yzak is cool
- Meer is a stupid ass bitch
oh and
- Stellar WAS annoying
mwuhahahahha

SPOILERS!!!! THE ENDING OF GSD REVEALED!!!

[03:29] <@`a50> I bet
[03:29] <@`a50> Kira will kill shinn
[03:29] <@`a50> Then cry afterwards
[03:29] <%_kAi_> I liked how Athrun shot out Rey's gun
[03:29] <@`a50> Then Lacus will hug him
[03:29] <@`a50> And tell him it's alright
[03:29] <%_kAi_> heh, that's the end of Destiny people
[03:29] <@`a50> lol.
[03:29] <%_kAi_> you've heard it here first
[03:29] <@`a50> mwu will probably die again
[03:29] <@`a50> or remember his past.

Assassin
Mon, 06-27-2005, 03:04 PM
who's gil?

i was hoping meer would go with athuran. it'd be kinda wierd having lacus and meer in teh same room. oh and meryin if finally becoming an intresting character. wonder if she'll join the archangel now as well. if she does, then it would make a good side story with her and lunamaria.

cant wait for the next ep.

MeroTZ
Mon, 06-27-2005, 03:35 PM
My money is on Meyrin being crew on Eternal. She'd not only fit there better, it being a ZAFTish ship, but it would be nice to have more familiar faces on Eternal as well.

Not much evidence, and ArchAngel is just as likely, but I personally think it fits better.

ASSASIN: Gil is chairman Gilbert Dulindal.

kinggalaxia
Mon, 06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
who's gil?

i was hoping meer would go with athuran. it'd be kinda wierd having lacus and meer in teh same room. oh and meryin if finally becoming an intresting character. wonder if she'll join the archangel now as well. if she does, then it would make a good side story with her and lunamaria.

cant wait for the next ep.

Gil = Gilbert Dulindall, Chairman of ZAFT/PLANT
Same voice as Char Aznable!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

NM
Mon, 06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Episode was pretty good. Meer is really messed up thinking she's the real Lacus now. Dullindal was definetly able to get inside her head. Meyrin is much cooler now that she's helping Athrun. My guess is that Luna is probably gonna interfere next episode or something. Athrun is good but I'm not sure he can handle both Legend and Destiny at the same time, unless Shinn holds back because he's fighting a comrade, even if their against each other now. He was able to hold his ground against Stellar in the first episode with his Zaku but then Sting appeared and he had some trouble. That might be the case here but who knows whats gonna happen. Can't wait for the next episode, it looks to be another intense one i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

telemari
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:14 PM
did you noticed that soldier (possibly pilot) of minerva bridge talked? he never talked before - maybe he is going to be new "radiogirl" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Originally posted by: ThatGuyThere

Now that would make shinn kill himself i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MeroTZ
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by: telemari
did you noticed that soldier (possibly pilot) of minerva bridge talked? he never talked before - maybe he is going to be new "radiogirl"

Originally posted by: ThatGuyThere

Now that would make shinn kill himself

Even better, I'm fairly certain in that circumstance Shinn would piss himself.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I think Meer just said she's Lacus to fight the thought of leaving with Athrun. I'm pretty sure she wanted to, but she knew that if she does, Athrun wouldn't treat her like the real Lacus. To her (obviously an amateur singer), playing Lacus is like a dream come true. For whatever reason, she was suddenly given the opportunity to live the life of the most famous person in the world. She would have to throw away this miracle if she leaves with Athrun. To her, being Lacus is about receiving attention and power. The second she leaves, she's no longer Lacus. She kept saying she's Lacus because she doesn't want to lose what that name has given her. So to sum it up, I don't think Meer is wacko at all.

MeroTZ
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
I think Meer just said she's Lacus to fight the thought of leaving with Athrun. I'm pretty sure she wanted to, but she knew that if she does, Athrun wouldn't treat her like the real Lacus. To her (obviously an amateur singer), playing Lacus is like a dream come true. For whatever reason, she was suddenly given the opportunity to live the life of the most famous person in the world. She would have to throw away this miracle if she leaves with Athrun. To her, being Lacus is about receiving attention and power. The second she leaves, she's no longer Lacus. She kept saying she's Lacus because she doesn't want to lose what that name has given her. So to sum it up, I don't think Meer is wacko at all.

I think what you are referring to here are "Delusions of Grandeur", and I'm pretty sure delusions are a symptom of some sort of psychological illness.

Hence, Meer is wacko.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:09 PM
No I don't think that's delusions of grandeur. She doesn't <u>think</u> she's all great, she <u>is</u> all great as long as her name is Lacus.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Enough about Lacus, y'all may know oogle over my new Yzak avatar courtesy of a talented Deviantart female. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Dannynonsense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:41 PM
from her response its more like she just loves the role of playing lacus and cant go back to her old life i think its an obession because before she idolized lacus then everyone commented on how she had a nice voice and few people even said she looked like lacus. its might because she has been playing the role for so long she's come to accept who know's maybe will find out mia told the chairman to send the assaination squad after the real lacus clyne

XwingRob
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Seeing Cagalli's former bodyguard as an EAF soldier confuses me greatly. Unless those were rebels from ORB, but he was wearing a typical EAF uniform, ORB soldiers have always worn the ORB ones... I just don't understand why he joined up with the EAF at all. Unless he's a spy type guy.
Anyways I'll think the next episode will play out like this.

Legend and Destiny catch up with Athrun. Athrun tells them to not fire because he has Meyrin on board. Rey ignores and attacks. Shinn is shocked to see Rey act that way.Athrun tries to reason during the fighting. Then, Shinn decides....

Mae
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Nice ep. I liked how Athrun honestly confronted Duladil, saying exactly what a lot of us have been thinking. Dulandil was slippery as usual, pretending that it was his idea that Tallia offered to let the AA surrender instead of her disobeying orders to shoot them down without mercy. And nice job using Meer and Shinn's presence to sidestep the whole Lacus issue. It also revealed a little about how he sees other people. Everyone has their place. If they keep it they will be rewarded, but if they don't.... Well, security will be sent to arrest them with out warning, apparantly.

I'm with those who think Rey is related to Rau, but I think it's more likely he is another attempt at cloning Mwu's father rather than a clone of Rau (who was flawed) or Rau's son (Can clones have kids? As far as I understand cloning in GSD is still an imperfect science). I thought at first when he reacted to the lab that he might not have known about his past, and that might have driven him apart for the Chairman, but they obviously both know. Duladil's asking about his health with such concern is likely a reference to this. Since Legend was made to be used by anyone I wonder if Dulandil was already thinking the Rey might be the one to eventually pilot it...

I don't think Meer ever really believed that she was Lacus. It's just that she's so in love with the role that she can't leave it, even if it might mean her death. I like how her whole purpose in warning Athrun was to keep him playing along with the chairman's game. She never thought he'd escape, and there was no chance that she would go with him, although it makes me think better of Athrun that he at least tried.

They did a good job of making Athrun's escape suspenseful, and it's surprising, but cool, that Meyrin went with him. As far as Athrun defeating the two new suits, I doubt it. His priority now is to escape, not to fight. I think he has an advantage in that Rey and Shinn have zero experience with their Gundams, while he's definately familiar with his suit, and that just might be enough to let him get away.

intense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:54 PM
pretty cool ep i guess. its nice to know that athrun is gone from zaft once again, gonna(hopefully) fight alongside with kira again.
Meyrin just earned major points in my book just from this episode.
next episode is gonna beee sooo awesome, i wanna see athrun at least put up a good fight with Shinn and Rey even though i doubt hes gonna win. (like cmon, 2 top of the class MS vs. a grunt suit) outlook not so good even though athrun skill is still high.

NineTailsKitsu
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Rey impressed me considerably during the course of this episode, showing that much of what has been seen of him during the course of the series was simply a facade. Attempting to kill Athrun and Meyrin added some points, as well. Dullindal has turned Meer into the perfect puppet, as no doubt he is striving to make Shinn into as well. Can't wait to see Rey and Shinn actually use they're mobile suits, BTW, Destiny is ZAFT's top-of-the-line, so the likeliness of a Gouf defeating it is 1/100.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
these are the kind of eps, which make me really like gsd

fenix000
Mon, 06-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Meer is a pyshco! if she loves the roll of lacus and cant let it go then she has lost the plot! she is leaving her family just for fame and fortune, which is kinda lame to do just to be someone your not. As for the fight, i think its gona be Athrun and legend most of the time were shinn will probably just ask questions like " why have u betrayed ZAFT, what are u doing !?!" sort of thing.

My bet is Rey is going to go all out spastic on athrun for this ep with shinn just watchin or pretending to fight, if im not mistaken, shinn is a better pilot then rey, so its rey that better watch out for shinn coz that guy got some bad ass mood when he is angry and im certain he will interfer in the fight to prevent meryin from dyin. =P

chitgoks
Mon, 06-27-2005, 10:51 PM
i think meyrin likes athrun, that's why she helped him. but her decision to help him did confuse her since she doesnt even know why she helped him (apart from those scenes of her looking at him with interest) he he he

AlbinoFury
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Yzak and dearka need to leave zaft already so that the only people that remain on zaft are nutcases and brainwashees.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by: fenix000
Meer is a pyshco! if she loves the roll of lacus and cant let it go then she has lost the plot! she is leaving her family just for fame and fortune, which is kinda lame to do just to be someone your not.
Maybe she's an orphan, and being Lacus is the only bright spot in her life.

Souryusen
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Meyrin's good for something other than breathlessly yelling "Hai!"

Whatever is the world coming to?

Originally posted by: kAi
- Stellar WAS annoying
mwuhahahahha

Fucking CLASS!

Zariel
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by: MeroTZ
My money is on Meyrin being crew on Eternal. She'd not only fit there better, it being a ZAFTish ship, but it would be nice to have more familiar faces on Eternal as well.

Not much evidence, and ArchAngel is just as likely, but I personally think it fits better.

ASSASIN: Gil is chairman Gilbert Dulindal.

I would put my money on eternal as well... well... she is one of those CIC, like Milliaria, but eternal i dont think has a "known" character as CIC. Or maybe history will repeat with Kira, Asuran + Lacus like in early epis of GS.

telemari
Tue, 06-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Athrun is better pilot whe he fights for something. Kira is honored because he can use SEED mode just for fun, while Athrun needs motivation. But when he do, he is as good as kira. He proved that on Junius 7 and now, he will have great motivation.

Archangel use Miriallia AND some guy as a CIC, so they can use Miriallia AND Meyrin.

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 03:57 AM
Yeah.
Frankly I'm tired of the Kira VS Shinn debate, seeing as Athrun owns them both anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LokeXero
Tue, 06-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Yeah.
Frankly I'm tired of the Kira VS Shinn debate, seeing as Athrun owns them both anyway

Im surprised Terra, i wouldve thought you said "seeing as Yzak owns them both anyway =p"

Motteh
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:15 AM
about this episode, which was clearly good, it kind of reminded me about when Da Costa helped Athrun escape
to Eternal at the end of Seed, because of the unexpected help Athrun once again receives
Rey isn't simply shown as a pawn of Dullindal in this episode, as you can see in the "flashback" like portion of the episode right after Meer shows Athrun the picture and tells him what she heard, where on the other hand Meer is so attached to her role and status that she can't leave Dullindal even though she must understand what Athrun is saying
also i still believe Rey has his own agenda though, and seeing as how Rau didn't show his true face untill the final episodes of Seed, makes me think Rey still has a few tricks up his sleeve, which makes him by far one of the coolest chars (i really liked Rau myself, mainly because his actions were totally opposite to that of the goody-doodies Kira and company)

also to the one who said Athrun has a chance because Rey and Shinn are flying new suits, in Rey's case this may be true but in Shinn's case Dullindal says "Destiny has been adjusted based on the assumption that you will be it's pilot" (to Shinn that is) so i guess they calibrated the controls in the same way as Impulse, which Shinn is fairly acquainted with to say the least, but that's just a guess of mine

and finally they've shown Kisaka (Cagalli's bodyguard while she was in the desert) i was wondering where that guy went, and now to see him on an EAF ship i wonder what his role will be

and on a total side note:
*oogles over Terra's new Yzak avatar courtesy of a talented Deviantart female* i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

edit: almost forgot this but when Rey said they were going after Athrun it looked like something snapped or might snap in Shinn's head, and then i don't mean the way that he goes loco but that he might get a glimpse that something is wrong

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
@LokeXero: Haha, well... that's a given, however I was talking about the main character trio.

But let me fix it:

"Frankly I'm tired of all character debates seeing as Yzak owns them both like pepsi max owns coca cola anyway"

@Motteh: Woo, thanks, finally someone oogled. Life has meaning i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Cion
Tue, 06-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Hmm where is Heaven's base located?

The few hints we see is that in a cold region.

danholo
Tue, 06-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Spoler:

A small island country in the middle of the Northern Atlantic.

XwingRob
Tue, 06-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by: chitgoks
i think meyrin likes athrun, that's why she helped him. but her decision to help him did confuse her since she doesnt even know why she helped him (apart from those scenes of her looking at him with interest) he he he

OMG, perhaps she has the SEED, and it's like guiding her and stuff.

Filthy_Pervert
Tue, 06-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by: chitgoks

I bet she knows that she likes him i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
She already made some moves towards him (there were few scenes in episode with the live "Lacus" concert on the hands of pink ZAKU).

Nyro
Tue, 06-28-2005, 05:44 PM
It was also mentioned in this episode that Kira is the ultimate fighter, period. This implies that if Shinn does something that pisses Kira off enough, he could take him down in a Murasame. (Which I don't get.)

MeroTZ
Tue, 06-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by: Nyro
It was also mentioned in this episode that Kira is the ultimate fighter, period. This implies that if Shinn does something that pisses Kira off enough, he could take him down in a Murasame. (Which I don't get.)

Murasame's are good mobile suits i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Remember, Shinn took down Freedom with Impulse. With enough preparation and raw skill, the particular suit doesn't matter that much. The fact taht Kira is getting Strike Freedom is going to just push him over the edge of being unbeatable.

chitgoks
Wed, 06-29-2005, 01:56 AM
lol xwingrob

man.. id expected meyrin to be wearing a thong than just an ordinary underwear he he he ... for her age though, her boobs are big ...

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:50 PM
this episode was great! GO ATHRUN!! can't wait for the next episode, hope he at least injures one of the new gundams

it would be kool if athrun went seed mode in a gouf

chitgoks
Thu, 06-30-2005, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by: AtHRunOwNZaLL
this episode was great! GO ATHRUN!! can't wait for the next episode, hope he at least injures one of the new gundams

it would be kool if athrun went seed mode in a gouf

well, he can if he wants to (or if the director lets him). it's not like seed can only be activated dependong on an MS he he he i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

bigdaddy843
Thu, 06-30-2005, 06:03 AM
Hmm I still doubt if he can severely damage either gundam in a mass produced gouf, even if he does go into seed mode, because of the fact that the machine itself has limits that cannot realise the full potential of seed.

Motteh
Thu, 06-30-2005, 06:07 AM
only thing is.......Athrun always had a RED suit, and now a BLUE one......
that just breaks his style i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
@Motteh: Woo, thanks, finally someone oogled. Life has meaning i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
no prob Terra, i just had to when i saw no one had oogled yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

edit: took something out that was misplaced here

danholo
Thu, 06-30-2005, 07:34 AM
Athrun has a blue suit? Where?

bigdaddy843
Thu, 06-30-2005, 07:50 AM
The blue suit refers to the gouf and he did use a green zaku at one point

danholo
Thu, 06-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Oh... Silly me... I mixed up uniform with suit. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Alu
Thu, 06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't know if this has been said but, anyone notice how Meyrin with her hair down looks freakishly like Flay from GS? I wonder if there will be some sort of connection made in the anime, and how it may effect Kira if he ever sees her.

danholo
Thu, 06-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Ah, I don't think so. If you look closely and shave everyones head. Everybody looks the same so I guess they don't really look alike to the characters in the show.

Digitalgirl
Fri, 07-01-2005, 12:26 AM
everyone would look wierd bald...and almost identical.

*also oogles at Terra's new icon*

Deamon007
Fri, 07-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by: Alu
I don't know if this has been said but, anyone notice how Meyrin with her hair down looks freakishly like Flay from GS? I wonder if there will be some sort of connection made in the anime, and how it may effect Kira if he ever sees her.

acording to my crazy true theory 3 Kira will most likely think: "hey another pink haired girl how can I f*** her without pissing off lacus" and would than start to think up a strategy which will most likely involve the death of her father which will not be his fault and it will end with a treesome with Meyrin lacus a foresome if he findsout that Meyrin's sister has pink hair which will be the main reason he kills shin

Zariel
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:08 AM
dude, Kira is about achieving "justice" and "preventing conflict between nations"...

the definition of "justice" and "resolving conflict" doesnt include stealing / cheating on girls and "killing" their fathers through "friendly fire" so they will get on you, lol..

and response to your 4th theory in your sig, Gundam SEED (Destiny), never obeyed the laws of physics from episode 1... I mean... Battleships with mobility of a light fighter wayyyy surprises me, but hey its cool... lol

Deamon007
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by: Zariel
dude, Kira is about achieving "justice" and "preventing conflict between nations"...

the definition of "justice" and "resolving conflict" doesnt include stealing / cheating on girls and "killing" their fathers through "friendly fire" so they will get on you, lol..

and response to your 4th theory in your sig, Gundam SEED (Destiny), never obeyed the laws of physics from episode 1... I mean... Battleships with mobility of a light fighter wayyyy surprises me, but hey its cool... lol

or is he? okee he is but I do think he could do it if he wanted to

theoraticly it is posible to give a gaint Battleships the mobility of a light fighter if you use a system were you use the prinsiple of the three laws of newton

Splash!
Fri, 07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
eh, use of newton's laws???

I dunno what u mean by that but none of them work in favor of a giant battleship having such mobility unless it consumes an insane amount of energy that i don't see possible without the use of nuclear power. Apart from speed, even in space it wouldnt make much sense as the mass of the ship would cause serious problems to maneuverabilty. They thrusters would just take up too much juice. The only thing that newton's laws would suggest to increase maneuverability would be to increase the force applied on the ship through thrust.

Motteh
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:37 PM
just wanted to state that the next episode will prove crucial in the way Shinn's character will develope
because the preview of the episode is mainly about Shinn,
the way he saw things, the way he thought he understood things, the way it all has been mixed into 1 giant blur
and also that Rey's influence will be severe (whether positive or negative i don't know)

if anyone wants to disagree with me state your opinions, and please valid ones none in the category of "OMGWTFBBQ U SUX"
because those will become either ignored or flamed to extinction

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Ep 37 will definitely be a turning point in Shinn's character, whether it's for the better or for the worse remains to be seen though.

As you say, Rey's influence will be a determining factor as well considering that he's probably Shinn's best friend.

Splash!
Fri, 07-01-2005, 11:14 PM
I would definitely like to see how it ends up and how Athrun gets out of this Jam and what is going to happen to Meyrin. I am however pretty sure that Shinn will make the wrong decision because if he decides to go against Dullindal then the good guys will be left with next to no major MS pilot to fight from the ZAFT side. Unless new characters are introduced. Kisaka will definitely have some role in rescuing Athrun. Looking forward to Athrun piloting GOUF. Though is outclassed so far as MS are concerned, it will be fun to watch him at least get on their nerves

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sat, 07-02-2005, 12:14 AM
it would be even better if athrun went seed mode on their asses

Wi|DdR!v3
Sat, 07-02-2005, 07:27 AM
i think athrun can't turn seed because he doesn't even know why he's fighting