PDA

View Full Version : Stalling?

BravoSector
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I just watched the latest episode of bleach and I noticed how little actually got done. Also, in the previous episode (where Ichigo met the 11th captian), very little happened. I'm pretty pissed that they're doing so little stuff. I wouldn't mind if there was a 10 minute fight scene, but most of the new episodes are just dull now. Did anyone else notice this? Or does someone want to refute this claim?

Honoko
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:26 PM
well, this is the case of following about 3 or 4 sub-storylines all at once. but i'm not sure what you mean by how little got "done." every time they feature a character, the character has gotten a little closer to the white tower, and/or encounter something along the way. what else can you ask for?

but anyways, if i think about it, i'd prefer them cutting in between 3 or 4 storylines at once instead of following thru w/ each character one at a time. i think the latter would be a helluva lot more tedious.

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Considering that we are following 3 separate parties at the same time (Ichigo/Ganju/Hanataro, Chad, Inoue/Ishida) as well as the fact that the show is constantly introducing new characters and a separate sub-plot for what's going on within the ranks of Soul Society, I'd say the show is doing a damn good job with the pacing.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I do wonder how much the series is going to go. It's supposed to be 52 + 1 movie, and we're at 37. I know FMA crammed a lot into the last series of eps, but there is a LOT of Bleach to go through yet. If any fight gets dragged beyond 2 eps (provided it's the focus of the action, and a very little bit of the other storylines and sub-plots) I worry if it will be able to get to where the manga is now.

The series is at the beginning of volume 13 of roughly 20-21 (I'm not sure, it's kinda hard for me to keep track since the scans are directly from Jump now).

Masamune
Fri, 06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
I refute the stalling claim since it's 0% filler. It's going exactly at the rate it was originally made.

just because you want to see kenpachi vs ichigo you seem to think everything else is in the way of obscuring your so desperately wanted fight scene. It will be good. patience is a virtue.

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by: Ryllharu
I do wonder how much the series is going to go. It's supposed to be 52 + 1 movie, and we're at 37. I know FMA crammed a lot into the last series of eps, but there is a LOT of Bleach to go through yet. If any fight gets dragged beyond 2 eps (provided it's the focus of the action, and a very little bit of the other storylines and sub-plots) I worry if it will be able to get to where the manga is now.

The series is at the beginning of volume 13 of roughly 20-21 (I'm not sure, it's kinda hard for me to keep track since the scans are directly from Jump now).

Ehm what, it's not going to end at 52. Where did you hear that bullshit?
It's a shounen show, it will probably hit 100+ like Naruto.

Sidnne
Fri, 06-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I highly doubt that the series will end at 52 based on the where the manga is. It is going to take probably close to 52 to catch up to where the manga is at chapter 181-182. And from chapter 183, I'd say the manga is beginning a new arc. The anime is catching up to the manga pretty quickly, if they want it to stay behind the manga then we will probably even get a few filler episodes. So I don't see any chance of the anime ending at 52, unless the anime is only going to follow this current arc and then the rest of Bleach will be manga only?

I don't believe anything I read on forums or fansites. Unless I personally read an official announcement, then I take rumors for what they're worth.

Jessper
Fri, 06-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: Masamune
I refute the stalling claim since it's 0% filler. It's going exactly at the rate it was originally made.

And the manga can never stall the story too !! The manga is perfect, everything written in novel form is perfect!! ya, go propaganda... anyways

I think its doing ok at this point personally, I didn't expect to see two captains this quickly.

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-24-2005, 06:15 PM
The pacing of this show is pretty damn consistent with most of its kind. There is always lots of flashbacks, rehashing old events, talking about who is strong and what each character believes should happen and etc etc. Its part of the formula. I also am surprised that this show doesn't take more time, as sometimes the events come quickly and right on top of each other with little of that BS recap of last episode that so many shows use to waste a minute or two before or after the opening song...

And there is no real "filler" so to speak of, unless you consider comic relief, character background and detailed analyzing of fighters / skills to be filler. I personally am annoyed by the overabundance of the 3rd element, whose master of over-use is DBZ, but don't consider it 'filler'. Filler would be the episode with Don & the Kakruk-whatever Rangers, as it is a total deviation from the current plot and gives a story that has almost no impact on any key characters.

Masamune
Fri, 06-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper

And the manga can never stall the story too !! The manga is perfect, everything written in novel form is perfect!!

exactly

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
And there is no real "filler" so to speak of, unless you consider comic relief, character background and detailed analyzing of fighters / skills to be filler.

actually, there was some serious plot altering in orihime's brother arc and in the funeral arc, they took away all the cool aspects of the story and left it as a mish mash of crappy cliches.

BravoSector
Fri, 06-24-2005, 08:40 PM
And there is no real "filler" so to speak of, unless you consider comic relief, character background and detailed analyzing of fighters / skills to be filler.

No, I like comic relief, its...relieving. But the fact that they take an entire episode to go over Rukia's and the red haired vice-captian's past together + the fact that they made a "side" episode with Mr. BWAHAHAHA just sort of pisses me off. I understand what everyone is saying how its tough to pace three different things, but that doesn't stop me from not liking it.

In the latest episode, it shouldn't of taken Chad more than 5 seconds to run for his last hit. But they cut in with a flashback to show his past. It was an important part of the plot I guess...but it ruined the actiony (sp?) aspect of the part. Maybe I'm not cut out for this...

Jessper
Fri, 06-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm an idiot!

Exactly

=P

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:02 AM
this is the usual problem with every shonen anime, once people get bored because the pace started to become a lil slow they start complaining how they hate this and that, if you just keep your mouth closed and wait and see soon the amazing mind blowing eps will be released and you won't even remember the boring episodes, after this ep i think there will be practicaly no boring eps for a very long time, and maybe some people don't realise but the bleach anime is almost doing 3 chapters of the manga every episode which is amazing because most shonen animes do about 1 1/2 to 2 chapters

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Bleach's pacing is decent i think,, atleast its not like DBZ or Prince of Tennis pacing *shudders*

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-18-2005, 07:01 AM
This is true, the pacing might have slowed down recently, but I question that considering everyone split up and they are giving other characters besides Ichigo some major screen time. It is nowhere as terrible as The-Show-That-Must-Not-Be-Named. Just quit screaming about your power levels and go fight already!