PDA

View Full Version : 265 out

weakest anbu
Thu, 06-23-2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.naruto-bunshin.com

finally some action...

Psyke
Thu, 06-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Seems Sakura has finally proven herself and isn't worthless in battle anymore. She looks hot in that one handed stand~ i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Knives122
Thu, 06-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Pretty cool ch. Sakura finally does something other then getting hit in the head, and punching rocks, That part where chiyo and sakura dodged the hand and needles was cool(that stuff dripping from the needle was poison, more or less).

And next week we'll get to see Sasoris true self(since the puppet was a fake)

Lefty
Thu, 06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
I bet it's going be some horrible disembodied torso or even less that that juat a head and enough organs to keep it live.

Honoko
Thu, 06-23-2005, 02:51 PM
sakura being useful is always cool. but what really amused me was the fact that the old lady put her hair down before she got into it hahahah

mage
Thu, 06-23-2005, 03:56 PM
sakura sucks ass.

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Sasori better bring that shit next, Deidara claims that Sasori is stronger than he is, so to see Sasori beat by a hag and Sakura will piss me off...

This is great otherwise, hopefully the clone fights will be overwith soon too. For some reason I'm not looking forward to them at all.

PSJ
Thu, 06-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Great stuff Sakura actually moved and didn't cry and scream. Sasori must have let them destroy that puppet to test their power, if it was something else that dude isn't as good as he seemed. I'm a little disappointed in that all that was puppet, he was awesome like that. Now he will probably end up a small ugly looking ninja that can't fight with anything else than puppets.

Assertn
Thu, 06-23-2005, 06:41 PM
im assuming that chiyo stopped the tail with chakra strings of her own.......
pretty interesting....there's alot of dialogue that needs to be translated

Kenshiro
Thu, 06-23-2005, 07:02 PM
here you go. nicked from narutofan

Any and all corrections by Taylor and Nihongaeri are welcome.

Chapter 265: Chiyo-baa and Sakura! (I added the exclamation mark, in case you're wondering).

Power to clear away a path, to bring out an outlook. The power to find you.

Page 2.

Shinobi and Shinobi clash! What's next!?

Gai (reflections): These moves...

Page 3.

Neji (reflections): Same shape ... same power...

Neji (reflections): But to think the same goes for all jutsu I've tried...

Page 4.

Sakura: Well, as for that not being the real body - I'd figured as much. But ... where *is* the real one?

Sakura: After all, puppeteers normally pull the strings from behind.

Chiyo: The real one's inside.

Page 5.

Chiyo: The puppeteer is weak in close quarter combat. Controlling the puppet creates openings, you see...

Chiyo: This puppet eliminates that shortcoming.

Chiyo: A puppet that serves as both armor and a weapon.

Chiyo: Sasori's favorite: the puppet Hiruko. I know it well.

Sakura: So, what do we do?

Chiyo: Well, first things first... We won't get very far if we can't draw the real Sasori out from Hiruko.

Chiyo: What's most terrifying about puppets...

Chiyo: Is that you don't know what trap will be sprung, from where and how.

Sakura: But you know *this* puppet's tricks well, right Chiyo-baa?

Sakura: We've got *that* going for us.

Chiyo: Yes ... that's why I first said I'd do this alone.

Chiyo: But... I see now it won't be that simple...

Page 6.

Sakura: What you mean by that?

Chiyo: Well, this new Hiruko ...

Chiyo: It looks to be a bit different from the one I knew.

Chiyo: First of all... before, it didn't have such a covering on its back.

Chiyo: So it seems its shielding's improved.

Chiyo: ... And its the first time I've seen that left hand.

Chiyo: Also ... I'm guessing his nastiest tricks have undergone an upgrade as well.

Sakura: ... What should we do?

Page 7.

Chiyo: If we're to defeat Sasori we can't get around crushing Hiruko.

Chiyo: However ... I simply don't have the sheer destructive force needed to do that.

Chiyo: But ... you, Sakura...

Chiyo: You *do* posses it.

Chiyo: The superhuman strength of Tsunade-Hime herself.

Chiyo: Listen well, Sakura...

Chiyo: First we need you to get in close and smash that puppet. But ... you'll need to avoid any trap he springs in the process...

Page 8.

Sakura: Poison, right? ...

Chiyo: Right ... they so much as touch you and you'll have a potentially fatal wound.

Chiyo: To avoid his attacks...

Chiyo: You'll have to know the puppet makers taste for placing traps. You need the ability to see through and avoid the attacks as they come, and they come in an split second. (liberal rearrangement of the elements, but they're all there)

Sakura: Knowledge of traps ... and the ability to make split second decisions...

Sakura: I don't have either of those ... (Lit. within me either of them is so much not enough).

Page 9.

Chiyo: No doubt about *that* ... What's more, greater combat experience is needed...

Sakura: So, then ... how can I be of - ?

Chiyo: Well, what do I look like to you, now?

Chiyo: Just a useless old hag or something? ... Or rather...

Sidebar: Next number: the puppet master Sasori's true appearence revealed ... !?

Page 10.

Chiyo: Leave it to me. That's what I 'm here for.

Chiyo: By the time he was born I'd seen more battles than he *ever* will. (lit. "As far as actual combat experience goes, he can't compare to me" - I think. Hurray for liberal translations!) ... And besides...

Chiyo: The first part is done.

Chiyo: Sakura, come close.

Chiyo: Together, we're bringing this guy down.

Page 11.

Deidara: You sure you wanna stay here and fight *me*, hmm?

Deidara: Sharingan no Kakashi?

Deidara: Dunno if I should say this, but...

Deidara: Sasori danna's a lot stronger than I am ... hmm!

Naruto: Sensei, you go help Sakura-chan...

Naruto: *I'll* save Gaara!

Deidara: Heh!

Page 12.

Sakura: Got it! I'll do my best!

Sasori: You done already?

Sasori: You know me, Granny... I hate to be kept waiting.

Chiyo: Yeah, yeah, pipe down. (Hurrah for liberal translations!)

Chiyo: You'll be dead soon enough.

Page 13:

Sasori: Heh.

Page 15.

Sasori: Die.

Page 16.

Sasori: Even the kid managed to...

Page 17:

Sasori: What the...?

Sasori: So that was it, was it, old woman?

Page 18:

Chiyo: Now, Sakura! Strike!

Drama-rama-text: Pulverized! Chiyo-baa's plan and Sakura's single blow crush Hiruko!! What comes next!?

Page 19:

Sakura: Shannaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not really, but wouldn't it be cool if she did say that? She says "Hai!" - Got it!)

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Actually there's already a fast scanlation out in the same link as where the raw was...

Masamune
Thu, 06-23-2005, 08:46 PM
hmm sakura's starting to feel less useless

kAi
Thu, 06-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, it's good to see that Sakura isn't so useless, and able to do something, but this isn't the end for Sasori.

Yeah, I'm also not looking for to the clone fights, I hoped they're dealt with soon.

It may be a Naruto and Kakashi V Deidara for the next chapter, give us a teaser with Naruto, as they did it this chapter with Sakura and Chiyo V Sasori.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-23-2005, 11:27 PM
I liked it when Sakura dodged all those traps and shit. Even Sasori was suprised, he thought only his granny would dodge it.

Mut
Fri, 06-24-2005, 12:04 AM
If Kakashi does not beat some major ass, I'll rape Japan.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 06-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi

I get shivers just from the thought of that.

Roko
Fri, 06-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Sakura can finally do something! Anybody else think this fight was a lil too short?

Jaredster
Fri, 06-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi

Oh Mut, you think all of lifes problems can be solved by rape and violence.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-24-2005, 01:18 AM
this fight is definately not over yet i hope sasori comes out with more puppets up his sleave, i wanna see a real puppet master do his thing

Dezalanel
Fri, 06-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
I liked it when Sakura dodged all those traps and shit. Even Sasori was suprised, he thought only his granny would dodge it.

Actually if you pay attention closely in this chapter I get the feeling that Chiyo is controlling Sakura like a puppet so she can avoid all the traps, cause if you listen to what they say, Sakura does not have the experience to dodge traps like that AND you also notice Chiyo tells Sakura to get close and then she whispers something to Sakura.

oyabun
Fri, 06-24-2005, 06:47 AM
jst a noob question,, is gaara dead? or still alive without shukaku?

Uberbaka
Fri, 06-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly... You see the way she holds her hand when she tells sakura to attack? Typical puppeteer pose, also she is related to another puppeteer, it would seem fitting that she would be able to attach her chakra strings to sakura.

Assertn
Fri, 06-24-2005, 01:33 PM
and we know you can control living people with puppet jutsu.....
kankuro did it to naruto back when he first met him

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:06 PM
let me get thi stragiht, the old woman is puppetting Sakura and the iron tail while dodging the knives? seems pretty impossible, but who am i to judge?
what I don't get, is that if Chiyo was controlling Sakura, why did Sakura have to scream when she punched? didn't the punch come from Chiyo's chackra?
anyway, it seems that Sakura is a bit less useless now, maybe they'll put her on a catapulet or a ballista, and then hurl her into the enemy...

anyway, someone better die this time, Chiyo seems like an obvious option, but what can Sakura do without her?
well, I hope next time Sasori pulls out some of the real shit, maybe reveal that the entire cave is his puppet...

Honoko
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:22 PM
from what it looks, the goal was the break the puppet to reveal the actual person inside. i think it's pretty plausible for chiyo to control sakura's movements to get close enough to the contraption just so that sakura can get a good punch at it. and i bet there's another puppet inside that puppet. or something =P

Assertn
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:29 PM
For one thing, if kankuro can control 3 puppets simultaneously, then controlling sakura and a tail for someone who is probably an UBER puppeteer should be simple

however, if she was controlling sakura, i dont think she needed to control the tail....just know how to dodge it

And im guessing that she released the puppet control once sakura got within range. For sakura to use her super strength, she needs control of her own body for the chakra flow and whatnot.

Prof. Chaos
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:26 AM
OK pretty sure Sasori will be exposed, but he will pull out at least 4 scrolls (has to be at least 1 more than Kankuro) and controll the 4 (or more) puppets at the same time. This is when the real fight happens. Then they all lose and he summons his "special" puppet that even Chiyo doesn't know about.

Jaredster
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Really great chapter. Sakura isn't useless for once.

Btw, does the action music from the anime ever play in your guys heads when you read action parts the manga?

dragon608608
Sat, 06-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if she was controlling sakura, i dont think she needed to control the tail....just know how to dodge it

my thought's exactly. I don't think she control sakura. my guess is that she temp. control the tail (just enough to put back for few seconds) these allows sakura to react (dodge) and attack the pupet.

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by: oyabin
jst a noob question,, is gaara dead? or still alive without shukaku?

Gaara is not dead.

If Chouji & Neji has both survived seemingly impossible situations, Gaara will as well.
If he ever dies it will not be in this way. Also, Kishimoto lacks the balls to kill any of his heroes. That pussy.
(The Third doesn't count because he was old)

elmojo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:16 AM
hmm amazing chapter, really loved teh fact that sakura is diong more harm to akatsuki than anyone else right now, few points, even if she beats sasori's puppet, that doesnt mean anything.. sasori is the best puppeteer he propably has 2 more puppets behind the wall

i really loved those akatsuki pictures , one guy looks like tyrant from res evil.. or the licker and the other guy is.. a golem, does anyone know where the purple akatsuki is from? and what village/name he has?

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:27 AM
If you are talking about the fanart... it's just that, fanart.

They don't really exist.

elmojo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:59 AM
but they look so real i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Well, there are no shadows among the akatsuki that match those appearances so they are not really "real" when it comes to that point.
Nor is it "real" as art, as it doesn't look like Kishimoto's drawings.

But they are good!

Jaredster
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Well, there are no shadows among the akatsuki that match those appearances so they are not really "real" when it comes to that point.

But they are good!

"I'm not gay damnit. It's art"

But seriously, Sasori has more puppets ready. It would be stupid from him t go out just like that.

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

But they are good!

"I'm not gay damnit. It's art"

Damn straight! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/gayart.jpg)

That was even better than the chapter itself i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ChaosK
Sat, 06-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
OK pretty sure Sasori will be exposed, but he will pull out at least 4 scrolls (has to be at least 1 more than Kankuro) and controll the 4 (or more) puppets at the same time. This is when the real fight happens. Then they all lose and he summons his "special" puppet that even Chiyo doesn't know about.

not necessarily because having many puppets might make things complicated, so some would have to be destroyed quickly, look at kankuro for example, he summoned all three but they didnt do much before they got crushed for the simple fact that it would be too complicated drawing all that movement and would take up too much space, if Sasori has 1 good puppet thats better than all of Kankuro's i think thats enough.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Wasn't Kankaru beaten becuase, lets say, he fought against the person who built all of his dolls?
seriously, a puppeter know the puopets he built better than anyone, it's the equivilent of having the sharingan..

Sasori is the stronger of the two akatsuki member, and he's fighting Chiyo and Sakura (who are probably the weaker couple in the recovery group), so it's quite likely that he'll be victorious this fight.

then again, the same happened with Sakon (the strongest) and Kiba (the weakest genin), so nothing's certain...

Roko
Sat, 06-25-2005, 03:12 PM
That may be so, but Deidara has the advantage. First, he's in the air, and second, he has a hostage (gaara), assuming that he isn't dead. Therefore, Kakashi and Naruto have to act carefully.

On the next chapter, I'm assuming that Kishimoto's gonna piss us all off and concentrate on the Gai team fights...that would really suck

deadlydreamx
Sat, 06-25-2005, 04:26 PM
i think the reason that sasori let them destroy his puppet is because he really isnt inside.. i mean he's a master puppeteer why would he be inside n risk himself gettin beat when he could be away at a distance controlling that puppet.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-25-2005, 04:45 PM
like it was guessed before, there is a chance that inside sasori has a surprise attack waiting for them, like another puppet or something of the sort, his first puppet could've been a mere shield for all the attacks were coming from inside it anyway so if he has a puppet inside the first puppet the one inside could be the 1 acctually attacking, we just dont know that yet because the first puppet was covering it (yes it does make sense read carefully)

Assertn
Sat, 06-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
then again, the same happened with Sakon (the strongest) and Kiba (the weakest genin), so nothing's certain...

kiba lost his match......he ended up running away and the only reason he didnt die was because kankuro showed up

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-25-2005, 07:08 PM
among the sand genins, it seemed that Kankaru was the weakest (his behavior suggested that he's weaker than Temari), and they still won against Sakon.
besides, in some magical mannor, Kiba's suicide seemed to be more harmful to Ukon than it was to him

kAi
Sat, 06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
i think the reason that sasori let them destroy his puppet is because he really isnt inside.. i mean he's a master puppeteer why would he be inside n risk himself gettin beat when he could be away at a distance controlling that puppet.
Sasori is arrogant, I don't think he thinks he can be beat by anyone outside the Akatsuki no matter who they are, and how many of them there is. He and Deidara walked upto the Sand Village witout hesitation, and he watched as Deidara took on Gaara, and would've been involved if anything happened, and takes out Kankurou.

I think he is inside the puppet as it would be weird that he is outside te puppet the whole time walking from a distance, it would be easier and more efficient if he is inside it.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 06-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Somewhere deep inside, I always knew that Sakura would become useful. It's taken time, but now there's some reason to like her.

Yes, it's possible that Chiyo was controlling her movements until that punch, but... damn what a hit. Also, no matter who was incontrol, that flip was pretty damn cool.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 08:16 AM
among the sand genins, it seemed that Kankaru was the weakest (his behavior suggested that he's weaker than Temari), and they still won against Sakon.

Ehm? What? His behavior? He might as well just have been acting casually since he could feel that Sakon/Ukon was strong. Besides it's hard to be more confident than Temari is, doesn't necessarily have to indicate skill.

besides, in some magical mannor, Kiba's suicide seemed to be more harmful to Ukon than it was to him

Because he underestimated Kiba, and even though that happened the fact that Kiba ran away still stands.

elmojo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
you cant judge kankaru's strength by his victory against sakon, first of all kiba already weakened him, second of all kankaru lost to fly dude , isnt kiba his group leader too? what does that say

its all about compatability/objectives, kiba's main objective wasnt to BEAT/KILL sakon it was to stall him as much as he could, which he did

sakon is dead, kiba is alive, that speaks for itself

i am really curious to see what sasori really looks like

Assertn
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Sakon/Ukon was a tougher opponent than Tayuya was, especially with there being two of them, besides Kankuro's victory was one that required skill......Temari just took advantage of the situation and used a summon instead.

Does it matter if Kiba is the group leader or not? Ino considered herself the group leader of team 11, but who from their team became chuunin?

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:42 AM
There is no "group leader" ffs. The leader would be the jounin (in Kiba's case, Kurenai). Kiba just calls himself the leader because he's noisy, same with Ino & Naruto in their respective groups.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-26-2005, 03:29 PM
you guys are missing my point...

i said that Kiba and Kankaru were the weakest from thier respective teams and still managed to beat the strongest of the sound four.

among the five genins on the mission, Kiba was the weakest (it's obvious that Neji, Shikamaru and Naruto are stronger than him, and we saw what shikamaru thought of Chouji), among the sand trio, Kankaru was the weakest (I recall him saying that temari could have already been a chunin if she wanted, but that might be only in the anime).
Orochimaru himself said that Sakon was the strongest from the sound gates.

and yet, together, Kiba and Kankarou were able to beat him, against all odds.
and that's the reason i'm pesimistic about the chance that Sakura and Chiyo will lose, despite who they're up against.

hence, the reason why i'm not raising my hopes about anyone dying this arc either...

kAi
Sun, 06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
If Kiba had gone up verse Jiroubou, I don't think he would've won, I think Jiroubou would have smacked him out in a second, Kiba was probably the best matched person to go up against Sakon, as Chouji was the best to go up against Jiroubou, things probably would've been different if there opponents had been different.

elmojo
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:48 PM
chiyo will die somehow, the char was recently introduced, she is old

she is propably going to sacrifice herself for sasori or something cliche like that

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Chiyo's like the most forgettable Naruto character ever. She's just a generic hag, one that every manga has to have at one point.
Fucking Kishimoto, the only people he has the guts to kill off are the oldies. I bet he made Chiyo old by purpose so he could mindlessly kill her like he did with the third i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

The only cliche type character Naruto doesn't have yet is the fox-eyes.
You know that character which always has his/her eyes closed, and whenever the eyes are opened they mean business (Xellos in Slayers, Kitsune in Love Hina, Gin in Bleach etc).

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-27-2005, 03:12 AM
doesn't Kakashi fit into that sterotype? he does tend to close his visible eye quite alot...

still, if Fuji was there, things would have been better.

Jaredster
Mon, 06-27-2005, 03:36 AM
doesn't Kakashi fit into that sterotype? he does tend to close his visible eye quite alot...

I wouldn't really include him in that group, because his eye IS open.

MFauli
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Sasori is one of the Akatsuki, right?
Weak guy.

Okay, its pretty obvious that NOW the real fight will start, but as for an Akatsuki i would have thought he wouldnt have allowed his two enemies to crush hies shield-body.
Dissapointing.

And i hate Deidara.
Is he gay?
Cause h looks that way ^^

Hope, Naruto will crash him into two pieces and eat him in mad-Kyuubi-style!

elmojo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:59 AM
dude what are you talking about, its just a puppet, no matter how strong it is it could be crushed by tsunade/sakura's superhuman strength (they can break rock, i'm sure as hell they can break wood/bones)

remember its an upgraded version, breaking it could set off a catalyst, for all we know it might be a trap puppet (could explore or shoot out poison needles or something upon destruction)

i think people shouldnt jump to conclusions about any of the two akatsuki members, these guys are comparable to itachi you have to keep that in mind, and itachi is arguably one of the strongest chars in the naruto series, meaning each of these members should be around his level, maybe lower , maybe higher and each one is a master in their own field, if you think about it itachi practically mastered his sharingan compared to any other previous char , and sasori is a master of puppetry, and diedra is a master artist? hehe diedra is very interesting , i thought diedra is a she, not a he

the fight barely started/sasori didnt even really attack yet

mage
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:08 AM
I bet sasori is nothing but a brain inside his puppet!!!

Guardian_2000
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:33 PM
For some reason that line about Chiyo said about her life still being worth something. Watch her use some technique that transfers her life to Gaara since from what I've gathered is now dead having the demon removed.

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:38 PM
You know that character which always has his/her eyes closed, and whenever the eyes are opened they mean business (Xellos in Slayers, Kitsune in Love Hina, Gin in Bleach etc).

what about chouji?

DBZ: the point I was making, was that kankuro isnt the weakest of their team. I couldve sworn that i read/heard somewhere that kankuro is the oldest of the siblings....am I right? He certainly seems to have more skill than temari anyway....
The conversation about being chuunin already between kankruo and temari was filler, and i think one group translated it as kankuro saying "you should already be chuunin" while another group translated it as "we should already be chuunin"

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Kankuro has to have more skill then Temari because that's what being a puppoteer is all about. Not your amazing ninjutsus like Temari. Temaris not dumb but it doesnt take a lot of brain power to swing a fan.

mage
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

what about chouji?

DBZ: the point I was making, was that kankuro isnt the weakest of their team. I couldve sworn that i read/heard somewhere that kankuro is the oldest of the siblings....am I right? He certainly seems to have more skill than temari anyway....
The conversation about being chuunin already between kankruo and temari was filler, and i think one group translated it as kankuro saying "you should already be chuunin" while another group translated it as "we should already be chuunin"

temari is the oldest

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Yep,

Temari > Kankuro > Gaara, age-wise.

RasenDori
Tue, 06-28-2005, 07:44 AM

early in the series naruto would have that closed eyed fox look a lot, but it was mostly whenever he was dumbfounded.

kAi
Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Inane version is out.
#mangareaders @ irc.irchighway.net or where ever you get it from.