PDA

View Full Version : Best game code (non gameshark codes)

Psyke
Thu, 06-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Yes, I know most people would think of the famous Konami Contra code when they see the topic. However, there are some other codes which are pretty memorable.

Some I remember:

Street Fighter II (SNES): Same character code. Kinda dumb while looking back at the time when 2 players cannot choose the same fighter.

Sonic 2 (Genesis): Ability to go super saiyan jin and unique way of entering codes through the sound test options

Dragonball (SNES): Enabling secret characters. Another unique way of entering the code via clockwise and anticlockwise rotations.

basey44
Thu, 06-23-2005, 11:44 AM
well the most memerable one for me was the only code for sonic 1 on the mega drive, up down left right hold A press START, i mean its soooo easy

GhostKaGe
Thu, 06-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by: basey44
well the most memerable one for me was the only code for sonic 1 on the mega drive, up down left right hold A press START, i mean its soooo easy

or better yet: up C down C left C right C hold A and press start for the exellent debug mode turn into any item from the game and place them whereever you like

Turkish-S
Thu, 06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
i aint forgetting diablo1
drop something on the ground then pick it up and at the same time click on an item and the item change's into the same stuff you dropped on the ground before.
(i hope this also count as a code. if not srry.)

Aclypze
Thu, 06-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I will always remember Power overwhelming , operation cwal, and black sheep wall from Starcraft.

NM
Thu, 06-30-2005, 07:05 PM
The most memorable one for me was in Sonic 2. The codes for this game that I used was the Stage Select, Debug Mode, and obtaining all 7 Emeralds. Nothing made me feel better than choosing the last stage, debug Sonic into a bunch of rings and place 50 or more rings in the level, turn back into Sonic and transform into Super Sonic, and beat up Metal Sonic and Robotnik i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. Those were the good old days.

ES
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:58 AM
The contra 30 lives code...
(yeah, you know the one i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

Hands down...and ill castrate anyone who doesnt agree!

^_^

Psyke
Sun, 07-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by: ES
The contra 30 lives code...
(yeah, you know the one )

Hands down...and ill castrate anyone who doesnt agree!

^_^

That code has become the classic Konami code and is even used in the latest metal gear solid games.... forget what it did though, think it was something really trival but still included in MGS 3.

Mut
Sun, 07-03-2005, 12:25 PM
iddqd

TwisT
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:54 PM
OMG the old Doom code.. I remember that.. I think that one is the God mode code.. And also the IDCLIP.. And that all weapon cheat witch i don't remember..

Mortal Kombat 3 to SNES

right, up, b, b, a, down, up, b, down, up, b

up, b, a, left, down, y

b, a, down, down, left, a, y, a, b, y

Gave you extra menus at the title screen that made so you could change alot of things (as fatalitys on 1 button and much more)

darkshadow
Sun, 07-03-2005, 05:26 PM
i thought the old doom code was idkfa?

TwisT
Mon, 07-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh now i remember.. That was the all weapons and full ammo code.. it stands for Keys and Full Ammo if i remember right..

EDIT: I was the cheat master on Doom.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Assertn
Mon, 07-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by: TwisT
OMG the old Doom code.. I remember that.. I think that one is the God mode code.. And also the IDCLIP.. And that all weapon cheat witch i don't remember..

Mortal Kombat 3 to SNES

right, up, b, b, a, down, up, b, down, up, b

up, b, a, left, down, y

b, a, down, down, left, a, y, a, b, y

Gave you extra menus at the title screen that made so you could change alot of things (as fatalitys on 1 button and much more)

1 button fatality cheat was the best cheat ever.....
it was the only reason MK3 was so much fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif