PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Justice, disappointing?

Barandax
Wed, 06-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Just seems like this suit is weak to me when I look at the armaments it has compared to the monsters that are Strike Freedom, Legend and Destiny. So far I know it has: beam saber x 2, beam cannon x 2, beam boomerang x 2, CIWS x 2, beam rifle x 1. Nothing about thats seems very impressive or unique really. I guess I'll hold judgement until more information about the flight pack is know but right now it is not looking good. What do you guys think?

Curium
Wed, 06-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Well looking at the pictures I think that IJ might have beams in the wings like Gaia's transformed state (what she killed Heine with).

ev0luti0nzer0
Wed, 06-22-2005, 02:12 AM
I think that it *Looks* weak but really its loaded.

Dannynonsense
Wed, 06-22-2005, 04:24 AM
the only problem with Ij is there really isnt any information out on it like sf but dont count it out it is an upgrade from the original justice and finally ij is close combat mobile suit so it doesnt need all that crap sf has

and where the hell does ij have two beam boomerangs

DragonBladeX
Wed, 06-22-2005, 07:42 AM
There are beam boomerangs on IJ...you can go to mahq.com to check it out

lol I nearly missed it...why? Cause the boomerang is actually in the damn shield i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

DDBen
Wed, 06-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by: DragonBladeX
There are beam boomerangs on IJ...you can go to mahq.com to check it out

lol I nearly missed it...why? Cause the boomerang is actually in the damn shield .

There is ONE beam boomarang on the shield not 2 as far as I know atleast. As for it being a close combat suit I don't see that anywhere nor do I see any point in a suit with such a bulky flightpack and no antiship sword to be close combat. Remember all the suits of a nuclear nature are ment to run the entire battlefield and as far as Athran is concerned I've never seen him or any of his suits as ment for close combat. Given Aegis did have its clamp on transformation.

NineTailsKitsu
Wed, 06-22-2005, 09:04 AM
As per MAHQ:

Unit type: prototype assault mobile suit

Armament: beam saber x 2, beam cannon x 2, beam boomerang x 2, CIWS x 2, beam rifle x 1
Pilot: Athrun Zala

Mechanical designer: Kunio Okawara

After looking at the specs further, I disagree with the assumption that this unit is a close-combat oriented suit. Just as with every unit used by Athrun Zala (Aegis, Justice and Saviour), this suit is well rounded and gives it's pilot multiple style and tactical options depending on a given situation. The large difference between this unit and it's designed counterpart, Strike Freedom, is mainly in purpose. Kira Yamato has personal experience in combatting the DRAGOON system, and as such can estimate a proper use. Infinite Justice seems prioritized over short, mid and to an extent long, but not at the extreme ranges intended for Strike Freedom.

Dannynonsense
Wed, 06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
the specs of the suit are somewhat off ij has 4 ciws 1 beam boomerang it also has the beam shield/saber combo but most importantly it is true that justice doesnt seem like a close combat ms but a majority of its weapons are for close combat however at mahq you'll notice both suit are prototype assualt ms so there are both well rounded suits. in the end i believe we'll only know after seeing them in combat

edit and i never said it didnt have a beam boomerang all i meant was it doesnt have two ( everyone thinks it the same as destiny in the sholders)

ArcZero
Wed, 06-22-2005, 10:04 AM
i think the reason it seems like a close combat ms is because of the way athrun used it back in GS. although it does have its other weapons, he mostly used the beam saber and boomerang.

solid01
Wed, 06-22-2005, 02:02 PM
one that hasn't been anouced yet but it's there
the shield for ij has a think beam sword attached to it

qilinkiddo
Wed, 06-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by: solid01
one that hasn't been anouced yet but it's there
the shield for ij has a think beam sword attached to it

its a beam boomerang...
wondering why IJ does not have a light beam shield generator like destiny and freedom have...
even ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam have

Dannynonsense
Wed, 06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
time to address this issue head on ij shield is what i call 3 things in one ( you probally heard that on some electronic but i came up with the idea) its a shield that can extend its defensive range because of the hub in the center wich creates a beam shield ( you'll notice the hub or whatever looks like the beam shield on the arms of ms in V Gundam) also it stores a beam boomerang when stored on the shield it turns the shield into a beam saber shield like providence gundam. so that wraps up the issue of the shield just spreading my knowlege to help my fellow posters (more or less)

edit: in light of new information the hub on the shield maybe a rocket anchor (like sword strike)

Madell
Fri, 06-24-2005, 02:39 AM
 Justice Gundam
Head machine gun: MMI-M19L 14mm dual machine guns x 2
Chest machine gun: MMI-GAU26 17.5mm CIWS x 2
Leg/shin beam cutter: MR-Q15A Griffon beam blade
Hip beam saber: MA-M02G Super Lacerta (Speel Lacerta?) x 2
Lifter beam cannon: MA-6J Hyper Fortis beam cannon
Lifter retracted beam cannon's short beam saber: MA-M02S Prefis (?) Lacerta x 2
Lifter wing beam cutter: MR-Q17X Griffon 2 beam blade x 2
Lifter edge beam saber: MA-M02G Super Lacerta (Speel Lacerta?)
Beam rifle: MA-M1911 High energy beam rifle
Beam boomerang: RQM55 Shining Edge beam boomerang
Beam shield: MX2002 beam carry shield x 1
Shield anchor: EEQ8 Grapple Stinger

It isn't dissapointing dudes it's a fuckin melee gundam i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

danholo
Fri, 06-24-2005, 05:27 AM
Madell was quicker then I am, but everyone was duped to believe that IJ was "under powered" compared to the other new suits. IJ is jam packed with weapons, especially melee ones. I can't wait to see it in action. Here's the source. It also shows S Freedom's Dragoons.

http://img78.echo.cx/img78/5276/11195141023024uw.jpg

PSJ
Fri, 06-24-2005, 07:29 AM
IJ is fucking nice. I would pilot that suit any day. It got more beam sabre shit than an entire army does. It will be cool to see IJ and SF to fight side by side.

DragonBladeX
Fri, 06-24-2005, 07:36 AM
So we should be expecting IJ to be belting out kungfu moves on us, since its mostly made of melee weapons? It might interesting to see IJ utilise most, if not all of its melee weapons in a single battle.

Motteh
Fri, 06-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by: Madell
Justice Gundam
Head machine gun: MMI-M19L 14mm dual machine guns x 2
Chest machine gun: MMI-GAU26 17.5mm CIWS x 2
Leg/shin beam cutter: MR-Q15A Griffon beam blade
Hip beam saber: MA-M02G Super Lacerta (Speel Lacerta?) x 2
Lifter beam cannon: MA-6J Hyper Fortis beam cannon
Lifter retracted beam cannon's short beam saber: MA-M02S Prefis (?) Lacerta x 2
Lifter wing beam cutter: MR-Q17X Griffon 2 beam blade x 2
Lifter edge beam saber: MA-M02G Super Lacerta (Speel Lacerta?)
Beam rifle: MA-M1911 High energy beam rifle
Beam boomerang: RQM55 Shining Edge beam boomerang
Beam shield: MX2002 beam carry shield x 1
Shield anchor: EEQ8 Grapple Stinger

It isn't dissapointing dudes it's a fuckin melee gundam

i've always said that IF would be more melee orientated, since that is the way athrun fights his best
atleast so it seems to me

Guardian_2000
Fri, 06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Wow this info is really making the rounds. Its in like 3 threads now. IJ not IF right ^^ I can't wait to pilot SF and IJ in GU if it sees R2.

Rickbee
Fri, 06-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I think IJ is going to be support for the new freedow cause a gun in each of it's hands means he will be dropping a gun often.

Barandax
Fri, 06-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks Madell for the stats and the link, my opinion of IJ has turned around now and I cannot wait to see it in action i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Motteh
Fri, 06-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Wow this info is really making the rounds. Its in like 3 threads now. IJ not IF right ^^ I can't wait to pilot SF and IJ in GU if it sees R2.
hmm i just noticed my perfect mistype
but yes i meant IJ, although Infinite Freedom and Strike Justice both sound pretty nice as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

darkshadow
Fri, 06-24-2005, 09:29 PM
"infinite freedom" wow that actually sounds way cooler

Curium
Fri, 06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: DragonBladeX
So we should be expecting IJ to be belting out kungfu moves on us, since its mostly made of melee weapons? It might interesting to see IJ utilise most, if not all of its melee weapons in a single battle.

It's too bad that Lowe Gear won't show up to work with the OS. For those of you that don't know, when he was working on the OS for the Astray Red Frame so he could use the Gabrera Straight Katana properly he somehow caused a side effect that allows it to "use" martial arts.

DragonBladeX
Fri, 06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
I watched the short but interesting Astray Redframe clip about Lowe. Loved the way he uses his katana to bring the enemy down. The way Redframe sheathes its sword back, wow. Was a programming glitch that causes the Redframe to use martial arts or was it intentional since Lowe is such a whiz with mecha?

Curium
Sat, 06-25-2005, 03:15 AM
I can't guarantee it, but from what I've heard and seen it was a side effect. Totally unintended. Of course so was the invention of plastic (or it may have been rubber, can't remember for sure).

Also, it is a little off topic, but another accident gave him an energy ball attack. Some of you may already know this, but the beam weapons in SEED etc. don't house their own primary power, they recieve it through plugs in the MS hand. At one point someone stole the Red Frame, and Lowe got in there and shared the cockpit with her when they were attacked as he was about to retrieve it. Because of the beam weapons needing energy from Red Frame itself he avoids using them too much so he pulled out the Gabrera Straight. The woman that stole it then got over excited and tried to feed energy into like a beam saber. To save the arm Lowe had to vent the energy and he used it as an attack. (For those that care, all 1 of you, the pilot that stole the Red Frame was the M1 pilot with glasses that was killed at the end of SEED).

naruto-kira
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:34 AM
by the way wut happen to justice the mobile suit anyways, i dont remember it dieing in seed, or did it?

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:00 AM
The same thing that happened to Buster & Duel, they were removed in order to sell more model kits of new mechas in their place i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Storywise, though, I'm guessing it got scrapped since Alex Dino aka Athrun never planned on piloting a mobile suit again.

DragonBladeX
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
by the way wut happen to justice the mobile suit anyways, i dont remember it dieing in seed, or did it?

In the last episoed of SEED, there was a scene of the the genesis core blowing up along with Justice. So whether the self-destruct of Justice went off first or the core blew up first, I don't really know...

Dannynonsense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:48 AM
at mahq they have that down as when justice was destroyed asuran used his reactor to blow up genesis's reactor

DragonBladeX
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:53 AM
This is a little off topic but in the beginning Athrun intended to blow himself up along with the genesis core right? Commit suicide that is...

LokeXero
Mon, 06-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah as far as i know it was Justice that blew up not Genesis...And yes Athrun wanted to commit suicide but cagallia wouldnt let him...

Dannynonsense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:25 AM
yeah when justice blew up it cause a chain reaction which caused genesis to blow up asuran wanted to commit suicide to pay for his fathers crimes

Everon
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:15 AM
IF and IJ are decked out in BLING.

I think Destiny - shinn's new gundam - is the worst off in terms of firepower. Any angle I look at it, Destiny's loadout is the same as Impulse. Only Destiny doesn't need to have specific packs. Maybe it has something deceptively simple that makes it great (Gilbert mentioned something about its speed/limitations compared to Impulse)

darkshadow
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
destiny= gunnery united nuclear deurtorion advance maneuver

its nuclear ( semi)
has those weird reflector thrusters
and that palm attack thingie

i think its way more powerfull then impulse and also alot faster

MeroTZ
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by: Everon

I think Destiny - shinn's new gundam - is the worst off in terms of firepower. Any angle I look at it, Destiny's loadout is the same as Impulse. Only Destiny doesn't need to have specific packs. Maybe it has something deceptively simple that makes it great (Gilbert mentioned something about its speed/limitations compared to Impulse)

Destiny's main flaw in my mind is its lack of "all things at onceness". It has a great toolkit... longrange death cannon, beam shields, anti ship sword, beam boomerangs... but unlike Freedom, which has its weapons mounted at hips and shoulders, most of Destiny's weapons require it to be using them to the exclusion of others. Think of Destiny like a shiny swiss army knife, and Freedom as a well designed weapon of destruction i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dannynonsense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 04:52 PM
that is true but who knows maybe zaft had taken that into account but either way will see if this is a real problem when its up agaisnt great opponets in the coming episodes

ArcZero
Mon, 06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
hahaha!! to me, destiny's gonna look like Rambo with wings. now back to IJ. i just can't wait to see the IJ in action. it'd be so awesome to see the subflight lifter just zoom by and the Legend's gonna be missing an arm or leg and then IJ just comes flying in and lops off its head. muahahahahaha!! (^_^)

LokeXero
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by: MeroTZ

Originally posted by: Everon

Destiny's main flaw in my mind is its lack of "all things at onceness". It has a great toolkit... longrange death cannon, beam shields, anti ship sword, beam boomerangs... but unlike Freedom, which has its weapons mounted at hips and shoulders, most of Destiny's weapons require it to be using them to the exclusion of others. Think of Destiny like a shiny swiss army knife, and Freedom as a well designed weapon of destruction

Speed, Destiny is by far the fastest MS built... As far as i knew this batch of ms rated like below in the "Speed and Manuverability" class

1-Destiny
2-Legend
3-Infinite Justice
4-Strike Freedom

Dannynonsense
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:25 PM
imo this brings the question are those specs true there hasnt been any source that rates their speed also no one knows info on strike freedom and infinite justice in terms of the show since the lacus camp hasnt even talked about it yet so just because the chairman says its zaft fastest mobile suit doesnt mean there cant be another mobile suit made by another faction with more or equal speed

LokeXero
Mon, 06-27-2005, 09:36 PM
okay, that maybe true but SF isnt going to have that much of a jump ahead of freedom in the speed and agility and we know Impulse was faster than Freedom, so if Impulse's Speed > Freedoms Speed, it makes Sense that Destiny's Speed > SF's speed.

DragonBladeX
Mon, 06-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I 'd probably say they are all evenly matched, no one faction's gundam is more powerful than the other. Sure they might be built for certain roles, but in the end its a test of the pilots' skill in using the gundams so thats still a little hard to see considering that we havn't seen them flying the suits yet.(save for Rey and Shinn in the next episode)

Deamon007
Mon, 06-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by: LokeXero
okay, that maybe true but SF isnt going to have that much of a jump ahead of freedom in the speed and agility and we know Impulse was faster than Freedom, so if Impulse's Speed > Freedoms Speed, it makes Sense that Destiny's Speed > SF's speed.

Impulse was only faster than Freedom Because it was the newest mobel suit and Freedom was two years old
Destiny and Freedom are mostlikely equal in terms of speed or atleast acceleration especially sins Freedom has trusters behind his Dragoon pods

MeroTZ
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:34 AM

Um, call me crazy but I thought Shinn specifically stated Freedom was faster than Impulse? Not to mention all that stuff that made it look VERY fast. In fact, Freedom was significantly faster than Justice. Go watch episode 40 of SEED for proof, you can clearly see Freedom outrunning Justice.

As well, being Nuclear powered meant that Freedom had every reason to be faster than Impulse... why? Because with limitted energy, Impulse's propulsion had to be conserved. The whole thrust system for non Nuclear suits has to be built on efficiency in order to power all the other important systems.

A Nuclear suit on the other hand, can put as much energy into its boosters as the boosters can physically take. Screw efficiency, They can give 100% power to the engines 100% of the time. There's no way Impulse could compete with that, I dont remember anything anywhere indicating it was faster than Freedom.

That said, I think that Destiny is going to have a "Sprint" type, strait line advantage over S-Freedom. However, I would bet that S-Freedom is going to be superior in maneuverabilty.

As for Legend being faster than anything... not a chance. Its totally not designed for flight. In fact, I'd say the fact that its nuclear powered is the only reason its capable of generating enough boost to fly.

LokeXero
Tue, 06-28-2005, 05:16 AM

Um, call me crazy but I thought Shinn specifically stated Freedom was faster than Impulse? Not to mention all that stuff that made it look VERY fast. In fact, Freedom was significantly faster than Justice. Go watch episode 40 of SEED for proof, you can clearly see Freedom outrunning Justice.

As well, being Nuclear powered meant that Freedom had every reason to be faster than Impulse... why? Because with limitted energy, Impulse's propulsion had to be conserved. The whole thrust system for non Nuclear suits has to be built on efficiency in order to power all the other important systems.

A Nuclear suit on the other hand, can put as much energy into its boosters as the boosters can physically take. Screw efficiency, They can give 100% power to the engines 100% of the time. There's no way Impulse could compete with that, I dont remember anything anywhere indicating it was faster than Freedom.

well i guess your crazy then, Impulse is faster than Freedom, Shinn said Freedom is Stronger. Stronger not Faster. Speed is Shinns strong point, his greatest ability, Dullindal says so and praises him for it.

what was the relevance between Justice and Freedom, seriously why bring up a point that doesnt have relevance.

If Freedom was faster than Impulse then explain howcome Impulse was able to block/avoid him so often...

That said, I think that Destiny is going to have a "Sprint" type, strait line advantage over S-Freedom. However, I would bet that S-Freedom is going to be superior in maneuverabilty.

As for Legend being faster than anything... not a chance. Its totally not designed for flight. In fact, I'd say the fact that its nuclear powered is the only reason its capable of generating enough boost to fly.

I dont think Strike Freedom will be faster or more maneuverabilty than Destiny...Destiny is tailored to Shinn's Strengths and Weakness's based on Data from the Destruction of "Freedom" even Gil said so in the latest ep 36.

On Legend. Isnt Legend pretty much a reborn Providence. Isnt Rey like a Rau Clone.

Rau Le Cruset kicked the absolute crap outta Kira (Just like Yzak did too the Druggies) before Kira went Seed and Rau wasnt even in Seed . Providence was faster than Freedom and Rau was a better pilot than Kira too...

So explain to me why you reckon Legend wont be Kickass Fast in Reys hands..

Dannynonsense
Tue, 06-28-2005, 05:35 AM
okay once again all the suits are powerfull fast and maneurevable at this point its hard to tell which one is faster but from the linearts i would have to give to freedom because once again there built by diffrent people so its possible they might have used diffrent technology while building them. though it wouldnt matter since in the end it comes down to whose the better pilot and who would be able to take more advantage of the suits true potential.

on a side note what merotz said about freedom being faster is true impluse's movements were up there but not as fast but who needs speed when you know were the person is gonna aim already.

next each suit is built to be used in different ways everyone wants to believe there the same but there different, legend is the improve providence so it is faster but its speed isn't what the pilot or designer would capatalize on. since the dragoon system allows him to target any enemy from a remote location. the reason why legend has so many thruster because it is gigantic ( Really just bigger than destiny or providence) so it needs more thrusters to move.

on a final note i doubt lacus would make a new suit for kira that is basically a remake of the original freedom the purpose of the new freedom is to completely out due its predacessor so strike freedom will undoubtedly be equal or more powerfull than destiny imo

ArcZero
Tue, 06-28-2005, 06:16 AM
providence wasn't anywhere near as fast as freedom. and rau was nowhere near as good as kira. the only reason rau was able to put up a fight was because of his dragoon units. throughout their fight kira spent more time dodging the dragoon units than actually fighting rau. and in the end, all kira had to do was bum rush him with a beam saber.

DragonBladeX
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:12 AM
But you still need skills to use the DRAGOON units right? So Rau without SEED might be just as good as Kira. For Legend that might be a different case as Dullindal mentions that anyone can pilot Legend so i presume that the DRAGOON units are easier to handle this time round? Of course to give Kira credit, he shot down most of the DRAGOON units of Providence before taking Rau down.

MeroTZ
Tue, 06-28-2005, 11:11 AM

well i guess your crazy then, Impulse is faster than Freedom, Shinn said Freedom is Stronger. Stronger not Faster. Speed is Shinns strong point, his greatest ability, Dullindal says so and praises him for it.

what was the relevance between Justice and Freedom, seriously why bring up a point that doesnt have relevance.

If Freedom was faster than Impulse then explain howcome Impulse was able to block/avoid him so often...

Dullindal saying that Impulse is the newest and fastest mobile suit likely doesn't take into account unacknowledged top secret suits like Freedom. If you have anything else that would indicate someone with technical knowledge of Freedom and Impulse saying that Impulse is faster (AKA Kira saying "OMG Impulse is faster than Freedom!") then please give me evidence from an episode. Impulse was able to go toe to toe to Freedom because of Shinns skill and preparation. Lets give Shinn some credit here, he won that fight because of his skills, not because of a superior suit.

The Justice comment was in response to someone rating Justice as the faster suit.

I dont think Strike Freedom will be faster or more maneuverabilty than Destiny...Destiny is tailored to Shinn's Strengths and Weakness's based on Data from the Destruction of "Freedom" even Gil said so in the latest ep 36.

On Legend. Isnt Legend pretty much a reborn Providence. Isnt Rey like a Rau Clone.

Rau Le Cruset kicked the absolute crap outta Kira (Just like Yzak did too the Druggies) before Kira went Seed and Rau wasnt even in Seed . Providence was faster than Freedom and Rau was a better pilot than Kira too...

So explain to me why you reckon Legend wont be Kickass Fast in Reys hands..

The fact that Destiny is built for Shinn means nothing at all as far as comparing Destiny to S-Freedom. As far as Legend goes, it kinda looks like a lighter build of Providence. But as has been said, Providence was neither faster than Freedom, nor was Rau a better pilot. KIra was nearly beaten by the overwhelming power of a fully functional DRAGOON system, not because of Providence having superior speed or a better pilot.

Not to mention Legend is one of the least aerodynamic mobile suits so far. Its got a giant disk on its back. I dont see how it CAN fly.

Oh well.

Dannynonsense
Tue, 06-28-2005, 11:27 AM
all the new gundams deserve respect they all are forces to be reckon with but at this time in the series how is it you can compare any of them to the other and automatically say ones better just because different people built it that different mauafacture doesnt automatically mean less quality or poor technology. so imo its rather stupid to have this debate. im beginng to think this is just another kira vs. shinn thing in disguise so its rather pointless. seeing that asuran is my favoriter character

to wrap this up its better to just wait and see what the suits are cappable of so we can have some accurate comments

Nyro
Tue, 06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I assume Freedom will be faster then Destiny for one reason: SF weighs in at 80.09 Metric Tons (WITH 8x Dragoons), Destiny weighs in at 79.44 metric tons... but he can't remove any of it. (minus destruction). I assume both will have a very similiar propulsion system, such that total thrust is equal. But remember grade 12 physics, f = ma, d = 1/2at^2, a = f/m so remember that a lighter mass wil have a large part to play in acceleration and top speed. Minus the Dragoon units (Key note, Providence weighed in at a whooping 90.68 metric tonnes) I'm thinking a total weight of 75 or less metric tonnes for SF. Meaning even if Destiny has a superior thruster system, SF may still be faster.

Deblas
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:32 PM
What I'm thinking is, Can Athrun keep IJ till the end without blowing it up purposely.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-28-2005, 08:37 PM
metrotz didnt province province fly? it had a huge disk too, also, i'm guessing the battle they're all going to be involved in will be in space where flying isnt too hard...

MeroTZ
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
metrotz didnt province province fly? it had a huge disk too, also, i'm guessing the battle they're all going to be involved in will be in space where flying isnt too hard...

Providence never flew, at least not in gravity. I highly doubt it could have, if you look at it you can see how heavily its built (then again, there's Destroy...) As well, if it COULD, it would be very slow. just like it was in space.

Nyro
Tue, 06-28-2005, 11:29 PM
MeroTZ remember destroy doesn't fly, it waddles on the ground. I assume providence, in a gravity atmosphere would follow suit, and use the Dragoon units for flying attacks.

MeroTZ
Wed, 06-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by: Nyro
MeroTZ remember destroy doesn't fly, it waddles on the ground. I assume providence, in a gravity atmosphere would follow suit, and use the Dragoon units for flying attacks.

Ok, I dont mean to call your vision into question, but Destroy is quite clearly airborne at multiple points in both episode 31 and 32.

Regardless, all I've tried to say is that Providence/Legend, without any pretention to being aerodynamic or flight friendly (Freedom I&II, Justice I&II, and Destiny all have wings of some form) will be far slowers than all of the other endgame suits.

The primary difference in speed between Destiny and Freedom, in my opinion, comes from the wing design. Destiny's beam wings look like will put out massive thrust (hence a greater point to point speed) but Freedoms lightweight wings will allow it to make quick maneuvers and short distance thrusts. I'm thinking Justice will be a balance between the two, if not better than both.

Vash1306
Wed, 06-29-2005, 01:56 AM
I don't know if this image has been posted here yet but look at Infinite Justice's right leg(some kind of beam saber in the leg ^_^:
http://img11.echo.cx/img11/38/bigger8nq.jpg

ArcZero
Wed, 06-29-2005, 03:19 AM
actually it would make sense if Infinite Justice was the faster than Destiny and Strike Freedom. maybe not as maneuverable but it looks like it would be the fastest. i mean it practically has a jet attached to its back. and because it's quite clear that it is more of a close combat MS than anything, it would need alot of speed to cover the distance between it and its opponent.

i'm pretty sure that asuran will lose/blow up the Infinite Justice at some point near the end. so far he has lost EVERY gundam that he's had. but hopefully not cuz i get the feeling that there's gonna be an OVA or something when GSD is over and i hope asuran will use Infinite Justice in it. OR maybe kira, asuran, and shinn will get new gundams. or maybe there won't be an OVA at all. who knows.....

SKY_SO_BLUE
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:51 AM
I heard if GSD goes well there would be a 3rd sequel (^_^) than follow by a OVA (movie)

MeroTZ
Wed, 06-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
I heard if GSD goes well there would be a 3rd sequel (^_^) than follow by a OVA (movie)

Things like 'third seasons' make me nervous. If its good, then its great, but I always feel like each subsequent sequel is less and less likely to be good i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hey, we can hope, right?

DDBen
Wed, 06-29-2005, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE

Things like 'third seasons' make me nervous. If its good, then its great, but I always feel like each subsequent sequel is less and less likely to be good

Hey, we can hope, right?

I would actually hope there isn't a third sequal. However I would welcome the Astray's being made into animes or another series set in the same universe.

Deblas
Wed, 06-29-2005, 02:59 PM
A third sequel??? Man, there really is no chance of peace with coordinators and naturals.

SKY_SO_BLUE
Wed, 06-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I hope there would be a sequel after GSD, since I'm really enjoying this series and feel its short at 50 episodes... ^_^
Maybe there won't be a fight between Coordinator/ Naturals... OR MAYBE GSD the CONFLICT hasn't ENDED. Heheh
This is off topic as well... Who you think would be the Protagonist? Kira? Shinn? New GUY?

Nyro
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:02 PM
MeroTZ, at what point does destroy actually 'fly'? I agree that it can hover somewhat, but actual flight seems impossible.

MeroTZ
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I define a flight capable MS as anything capable of staying airborne, at any altitude, for its entire combat lifespan. IE, A Dinn, Babi, or Shrike equiped Astray is a flight capable MS at its purest. I'd also call the Blast Impulse flight capable, after seeing it able to hover for its entire combat with Abyss.

Destroy is capable of this same "Hovering", except that the majority of its mass (especially in Fortress mode) is FAR higher than most low altitude flyers fly at i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Aile Strike, I would say, is not flight capable. At least, it wasn't in SEED. I dotn remember any time where it didn't either use the Archangel as a launching board, or fight primarily at ground level. However, Strike Rouges extended battery might explain its better flight capabilities (shown during that episode that cagali first appeared in Strike Rouge). If you can quote an instance in SEED where Strike maintains atmoshperic flight for a long time, please correct me.

Anyway, I'd say that Destroy definately fits the description of "Flight capable".

Heck, lets do it this way. Heres a "MeroTZ's official flight capability test". If it can go from point A, to point B, crossing entirely OVER water, and assuming going from A to B takes all of its fuel/energy, its flight capable.

EDIT: On the subject of a third season extending Destiny... well, as much as I hate the idea of a Cliffhanger ending, that could be really good too.

Nyro
Sat, 07-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I understand your description of flight, but I don't agree with it. It needs to fly freely around where-ever at high speeds for it to be flight capable in my mind.

Astronopolis
Sat, 07-02-2005, 06:32 PM
sorry TZ im gonna have to agree with the guy above me, the "flying" you exampled in your post, is merely jumping. not to say that destroy cant fly, it just didnt. on another note, weight or size of the mobile suit in the show has no bearing whatsoever on whether the thing can fly or not, it depends solely on whether the script requires it to fly or not and at the directors discretion. so there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Edit: also, no more SEED series plz kthnx

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Ok, so I went to dictionary.com to get some back up... Technically, pretty much any movement through the air can be considered flight. It can not however be considered jumping. By consensus of definitions, jumping is either powered by the feet and legs, or is sudden and fast. Destroy never jumps, it flies.

Also, quit being so cynical. SEED and Destiny have been very consistent in what constitutes a flight capable mech (we NEVER saw a Ginn fly, or any of the gundams in SEED fly unsupported, other than those speciifically shown to be flight capable. No inconsistancies). We see some mechs specifically designated as non flight capable (Gaia), and others with design mods specifically to explain their flight (Windams and Astrays have flight packs, Legends backpack looks ALOT like Forbiddens flight pack).

You have failed to show how my definition lacks... disagreeing with it is one thing, but show why its wrong, or where it fails.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 08:50 PM
If "If Destiny goes well" is the determining factor, there will definitely be a sequel because it obviously does go amazingly well.

Why not? I mean, 0079 has 2 sequels... let's just hope that ehh... Destiny 2 doesn't suck like ZZ did for the most part i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Originally, there wasn't even gonna be ONE Seed sequel, but hey, it's all about the money. And I don't mind it.
I can watch Yzak to the end of time.

MeroTZ
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
If "If Destiny goes well" is the determining factor, there will definitely be a sequel because it obviously does go amazingly well.

Why not? I mean, 0079 has 2 sequels... let's just hope that ehh... Destiny 2 doesn't suck like ZZ did for the most part
Originally, there wasn't even gonna be ONE Seed sequel, but hey, it's all about the money. And I don't mind it.
I can watch Yzak to the end of time.

Just think, Yzak could be the focus of a sequel.... mwahhaahha!

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:42 PM
*explodes*

Oh, the potential. THE POTENTIAL!!!1

SKY_SO_BLUE
Sat, 07-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Yzak as the main character? Hahah would be very interesting...
But is he popular? (rating)

Astronopolis
Sun, 07-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Heck, lets do it this way. Heres a "MeroTZ's official flight capability test". If it can go from point A, to point B, crossing entirely OVER water, and assuming going from A to B takes all of its fuel/energy, its flight capable.

not to nitpick, ok fine, im nitpicking but whatever, in your explanation, given that my legs were strong enough, i could jump from point A to point B crossing over water and expending all of my potential, kinetic and gravitational energy, so would that not classify as flight by your definition?

im not in strong disagreement with you, im just playing devils advocate i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i dont mean to be so cynical, its just hard to make sense of what fukuda is doing. ok, cool, we have this shinn guy, hes alright, but we really like kira because hes familiar to us. show us more kira yay, you know im so busy watching kira that i really dont care about shinn anymore.

does he know that thats what everyone thinks?

i dont know. way off topic, but thats what i think

anyway, but yeah, im sure everyone is gonna get a big boner when Infinite Justice shows up

RoninChaos
Mon, 07-04-2005, 01:44 AM
I can't believe there's a debate about a mobile suit none of you have seen in action yet.

MrTicTac
Mon, 07-04-2005, 06:50 PM
hmmm anyone got a pic of infinite justice (just by itself) having a hard time getting a good pic,, V___V oh and is this infinite justice ?

http://www.imagestation.com/pi...be9a94d3e/f3b2c503.jpg (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid173/pc678627239269ab2ea5b9b9be9a94d3e/f3b2c503.jpg)