PDA

View Full Version : manga vs anime

MatrixXRS
Tue, 06-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone, i'm new here...i've just been exposed to the world of naruto in the past month and i cant get enough of it....i've already seen all 139 episodes of the naruto anime thats out there and i want more so i wanna start reading the manga...so my question is how does the mangga corelate to the anime, i know the manga is upto chapter 264 or something...is that like ep 264 for the anime? well my real question is if i've seen the anime upto episode 139, what chapter in the manga should i start reading...i dont want to start for the begining....
thank you....

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-21-2005, 07:10 PM
The anime is at about chapter 236 of the manga (volume 27), so start from there. Currently there are 264 chapters out (which it seems like you've figured out already), and I'd say the anime needs about 12~15 episodes to catch up to the manga from where it is now.

Also, one anime episode is roughly one and a half manga chapter (this varies of course).

MatrixXRS
Tue, 06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
thanks for the info....
oh yeah....is there more info on the manga thats been left out of the anime?

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-21-2005, 07:18 PM
nah, everything has been dealt with up to that point I think. Of course there are some badass scenes in the manga which got censored in the anime, but that's not really information...

kAi
Tue, 06-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Also, what you're seeing in the anime right now, the shit after the hospital scene, the Jiraiya, Naruto and Sakura thing, isn't in the manga, that's just made up crap.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-21-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah, you'll find theres a lot of added shit in the anime.

Jaredster
Wed, 06-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I think they should just take a break. Show reruns in japan for a while and let the manga get ahead.

folf
Thu, 06-23-2005, 02:18 AM
of course because its not in the manga, it doesn't make it crap. I'm sure this wasn't suggested.

PSJ
Thu, 06-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Read the manga from the begining instead the manga is awesome, much better than the anime.

mage
Thu, 06-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: folf
of course because its not in the manga, it doesn't make it crap. I'm sure this wasn't suggested.

everything that isn't in the manga sucks.

folf
Thu, 06-23-2005, 07:28 PM
lol

Just typing "lol" is considered spam, and doesn't contribute to the discussion. Some mods will give out warnings for that.

-GotWoot Moderator

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: mage

Tenten vs Temari was quite good, and it was a one-panel fight in the manga.

Psyke
Thu, 06-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by: RyougaZell

Originally posted by: mage

Tenten vs Temari was quite good, and it was a one-panel fight in the manga.

Yup I was pleasantly surprised that the anime actually showed the entire fight as opposed to the manga which simply showed Ten Ten defeated. Seems at least something original from the anime didn't suck.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 07-05-2005, 12:42 AM
The only good thing with the anime is that it makes some fights that was too short in the anime longer like The Hogake fight,it was much cooler in the anime cause it was little longer.

Other than its crap,wish i havent start watching it.....

kAi
Tue, 07-05-2005, 09:28 AM
That's easily fixed Hakeem.

Just stop reading.

Simple solution.

chouji2
Sun, 07-10-2005, 09:13 AM
why would he stop reading the manga wouldnt it make more sense to stop watching the anime because that is what is sucking more

kAi
Sun, 07-10-2005, 09:39 AM
stop reading stop watching, easily fixed, still the same.