PDA

View Full Version : W.O.W. Kills Kid

ev0luti0nzer0
Tue, 06-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Geez..What is the world coming to these days...

Unresponsible People These Days (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/20/news_6127866.html)

Mut
Tue, 06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Just kill the parents.

Masamune
Tue, 06-21-2005, 11:11 AM
dont mislead the subject with you're topic. the child died of suffication. not of W.o.W.
(whiny newb voice: but mazamunne dem parents went to play WoW lol. and they're kid got owned! )
it has exactly shit to do with W.o.W. it could have sufficated for many reasons maybe it has astma, a too big pillow.
hell even if they stayed at home the baby could have sufficated. If you sleep with your child in bed with you a baby has a 80% higher chance of sufficating.(though there are plenty ppl who do die of gaming too much, suprisingly alot in korea.)

still it's just the media blaming things on video games. if there is a murder or someone dies the media will always look for something related to games and blow it up. I remember a certain incident in the us last year about a friend killing another friend. and there was an xbox in the room. so what did they do. blame it on the xbox , wtf?.

in fact we should all just flip out and kill everybody. cause that's the reasonal behavior of a gamer right? just ask the media.

[/rant]

Assertn
Tue, 06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah but leaving the baby at home alone for several hours still isnt considered acceptable practice

kooshi
Tue, 06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Umm..... why blame the games? It's the parents' fault for not realizing how long they were playing. What the hell was the writer thinking about this? If they were shopping for too long, would supermarkets get a bad name?
Heh, this is pretty much what Masamune said, but I just felt like saying something i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

XwingRob
Tue, 06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow,(no pun intended) that is seriously F'ed up to the extreme.
What I can't believe is why they did leave the infant alone in the first place? I mean when your kid is that young, you should always be in the same place as it is, just leaving it alone for just a few minutes is a bad idea. Stupid parents.

Takumi Fujiwara
Tue, 06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
what how you die playing wow. o wait. how do yuo get caught up in an internet cafe. just play at your own house.

on a side note. masamune's sig is cool. i'm the box eater.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
internet cafe's are where all the competition is or something, i dunno...

Turkish-S
Wed, 06-22-2005, 01:42 AM
these kind of people don't deserve children.

ES
Thu, 06-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
internet cafe's are where all the competition is or something, i dunno...

Originally posted by: Takumi Fujiwara
what how you die playing wow. o wait. how do yuo get caught up in an internet cafe. just play at your own house.

on a side note. masamune's sig is cool. i'm the box eater.

It's Korea. It's national past time is gaming so expcet lots of internet cafes also it's fun playing with poeple beside, near or close to you. Have you experienced Lan Gaming before?

Deblas
Thu, 06-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Don't blame it on WoW. This means that the stupid couple weren't responsible enough to have kids. What they would have done was or buy a freakin computer, play WoW to your hearts content but, keep the kid in the room with them or, as the article goes. Just take the kid to the internet cafe. Is that too hard.

Paulyboy
Thu, 06-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Those are the kind of parents who mess around all day and play computer games. Former computer nerds

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-24-2005, 06:19 PM
People blame whatever they want to see taken down. This kind of scapegoating gets under my skin... The parents would probably have slipped up and even if the baby hadn't died then it would probably be largely neglected by the parents for most of life... The issue of video games being super engrossing to a point of being dangerously dominant in a person's life is a fallacy because there are so many other things like it out there (movies, anime, sex, drugs, sports, just about any hobby you can name) that can totally rule your entire day and life if a person gets too attached to them and loses track of the important things going on in in life around them.

Board of Command
Fri, 06-24-2005, 09:40 PM
It's not WoW's fault, it's the parents'. This is the same as saying a couple got stuck in a traffic jam when going home, and the traffic jam killed their kid. wtf?

It's the parents' fault for leaving a 4-month baby home alone. That's just unacceptable parenting. It'd be more reasonable if they went out to buy groceries or something, but leaving their baby home to play computer games is just wrong. You just don't leave a 4-month baby home alone for hours and hours. You just don't.

Xollence
Fri, 06-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Koreans these days...

Xollence
Fri, 06-24-2005, 09:51 PM
ooops

Deblas
Fri, 06-24-2005, 10:57 PM
This is why they invented the tamagochi.

NM
Wed, 06-29-2005, 10:34 AM
This is really messed up. Its clear that this isn't WOW's fault, its the parents.

"The couple reportedly told police, "We were thinking of playing for just an hour or two and returning home like usual, but the game took longer that day.""

That right there shows how irresponsible they were.